Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,049 members, 7,810,883 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:38 PM

ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee (13236 Views)

PDP Releases List Of Key Members Allegedly Marked For Death By APC / Buhari, Others Approve CPC Merger With ACN, ANPP / Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by killuminati(m): 10:57pm On Jan 20, 2013
lacasa: Bad belle go dey wonder **grin**
dey pray make we go under **grin**
Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by henchamb(m): 11:03pm On Jan 20, 2013
for the good of Nigeria, the merger party should be supported by all and sundry. though they are all the same but when they realize that power belongs to Nigerians during voting, they will be compelled to perform.
Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by Iolo(m): 11:04pm On Jan 20, 2013
head_to_to:

Like who?

That's not for me to speculate on.

The basis of my analysis is as follows:

- Buhari (CPC) won in most Northern states

- the ACN might be able to get a lot of votes as GEJ"s goodluck/"he's" a South-South person let's vote for him" charm would have weaned by them. The ACN should be able to win more than one state this time around.

- By winning the entire north, most of the SW, and slimming down the rate of defeat at the SE and SS from the 85 - 90+ % in 2011, to say 70% (they don't need to win these states from a numbers point of view)...they'd have the majority votes generally and would thus win.

The merger would also ensure that the new political party is able to meet the atleast 25% votes in 2/3 of the states.

So my analysis is basically on the strength that the CPC is a Northern powerhouse while the ACN has shown SWers what good governance is all about.

In another view, it would also help the PDP buckle up. All the slow slow they've been doing would I believe suddenly change because they have their own political analysts that would tell them that if the people are not happy by the time elections come, its going to be a very difficult win.

Let me lastly add that I'm not personally against GEJ. He is trying in many ways. But he needs to increase the FIRE. The FERMA is completely dead, and the East West road is ...well sleeping. He should also have the courage to fight these coward NASS people, Governors, and the greedy Oil Coys to sign the PIB and see that the present constitutional amendment process liberates the LGAs and State Houses of Assemblies so we can have a truly federalist system with checks and balances.

He also needs to initiate law-backed reforms for the police, EFCC, judiciary and other important elements of our national system.
Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by Maxymilliano(m): 11:18pm On Jan 20, 2013
take dat: Guy, its our collective duty to mobilise ourselves if we can't join these parties to hijack the process from them, but sitting down idly while deflecting our responsibility isn't the way out!

Let me come in here Bro, PDP is not the problem of Nigeria. The party is only an association of MEN. Those MEN are the problem with Nigeria. Let me ask you, when was the PDP founded? Now also answer this, since when did Nigeria’s problems start? If you dissolve or disintegrate the PDP today, those men will simply go away to other places, take up new posts and continue to wreck havoc on this country.

It is therefore not enough to destroy the anthills of the savannah…you must also try to destroy and annihilate the ants themselves (especially their queen). They may scatter today; tomorrow they shall regroup and build a bigger anthill… and the cycle (again) continues.

Forget about the grandstanding bro, It is a CABAL!
Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by farem: 11:19pm On Jan 20, 2013
All well said. My concern is: HOW WOULD APGA GET ITS MERGER COMMITTEE MEMBERS. IMO AND ABIA STATES? Or dem go select all unceremonious Ezes wey litter our Nigeria ni?
Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by Gbawe: 11:19pm On Jan 20, 2013
take dat: Its amazing how people deflect the responsibility for their actions and choices, and blame others or circumstances for their problems without proffering a solution. Most folks against this merger on the pretence that there are the same failed political elites are not card carrying members of a political party nor aided in the finances of these parties , while they expect a positive change without any meaningful impact from them. We should as well revert to a One-Party system since people are satisfied with the status quo of having only PDP, a party responsible for the dysfunctional state we find ourselves!

This is why I say the are worthless to Nigeria politically. They never get involved yet are the most vocal. Has it ever occurred to some here that these old men persevere because, as IBB pompously stated, "Nigerian youths are not ready to lead"? Rather than go and reflect on that and come back with a more pragmatic outlook, as many of us have had to do, issues remain about empty "they are all the same" noise as if that helps anything.

Are we not ashamed making noise about these 'old crooks' while they continue to lord it over us? If we cannot join the process to deliver the change we want, we should at least have the good grace to shut up let evolution achieve what we have the power to hasten yet simply reject in preference for sentiments, curses, idealism and all other manners of pre-occupation totally worthless to Nigeria. When the Nigerian political space is full of crooks, the intelligently pragmatic man will know things can only change in one of 3 ways.

(1) Nigerians directly intervene to take charge or install those they agree to to be undoubted good guys like Wole Soyinka et al.

(2) In the face of a lack of the readiness to carry out option 1 above, then evolution must do its thing to extrapolate events and awareness within and outside Nigeria to help deliver a better cadre of leaders in future.

(3) As a deeply religious people, We continue to pray for a Messiah who will rise from the Atlantic Ocean to deliver Nigeria.

Clearly, given the impotent sabre-rattling antics of Nigerian youths and how God does not appear to be in the business of miracles any longer, then 2 remains the best choice for those who don't deceive themselves. If you believe the PDP has ruined Nigeria then support change and the merger. If you believe in the PDP then please support them with all you have. The worst are the fence-sitting folks in the "they are all the same" category. They should shut up because what they are doing is what has gotten us where we are today i.e complain against everyone and everything yet never proffer solutions or even consider getting involved to deliver change.

2 Likes

Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by farem: 11:20pm On Jan 20, 2013
All well said. My concern is: HOW WOULD APGA GET ITS MERGER COMMITTEE MEMBERS to have national spread? IMO AND ABIA STATES? Or dem go select all unceremonious Ezes wey litter our Nigeria ni?
Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by asha80(m): 11:21pm On Jan 20, 2013
farem: All well said. My concern is: HOW WOULD APGA GET ITS MERGER COMMITTEE MEMBERS. IMO AND ABIA STATES? Or dem go select all unceremonious Ezes wey litter our Nigeria ni?

what concerns abia with apga?
Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by ajbabs(m): 11:28pm On Jan 20, 2013
head_to_to:

and your point is? they can be easily lured back with money. I get your point.
Listening to this guy! So you are telling me that the likes of election rigger who had gut to even remain in office until highest jurispudence court set him packing was lured. Or Audu Ogbe, former national chairman of PDP, Udenwa, two terms governor etc . ACN pple are jokers. You can decieve some people but not all people all the time. What is the credibility of the ACN Supreme leader?
Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by farochron(m): 11:29pm On Jan 20, 2013
I will relax and watch them knock horns in 2015. With my two eyes will I watch and behold the reward of the wicked.
Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by akinwun(m): 12:03am On Jan 21, 2013
The truth is dat this guys can't be trusted. Let no one get his or her hopes too high cos this men of undisciplined passion are into politics for one reason and purpose-money and looting. What went wrong with acn on their path to the last presidential election? Where were the acn leaders when ribadu was giving final touches to his campaign at abuja? What is that very thing dat made ti-numb-u and co flew out of abuja stealthily, leaving ribadu undecerningly walked to the edge of the cliff.leave it or take it, politics in nigeria is a business enterprise. Let pdp dangle some filthy token again,you will be shocked .
Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by takedat(m): 12:07am On Jan 21, 2013
Maxymilliano:

Let me come in here Bro, PDP is not the problem of Nigeria. The party is only an association of MEN. Those MEN are the problem with Nigeria. Let me ask you, when was the PDP founded? Now also answer this, since when did Nigeria’s problems start? If you dissolve or disintegrate the PDP today, those men will simply go away to other places, take up new posts and continue to wreck havoc on this country.

It is therefore not enough to destroy the anthills of the savannah…you must also try to destroy and annihilate the ants themselves (especially their queen). They may scatter today; tomorrow they shall regroup and build a bigger anthill… and the cycle (again) continues.

I guess we both mean the same thing. These political elites are the same circled and recycled ones but should we all resign to fate or we take our destiny's in our hands by wrestling power from them?
Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by Demdem(m): 12:17am On Jan 21, 2013
Excellent development however I see no APGA or even labour party here. Does this mean they are merely "stooges" for the killer party or what?
Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by jmaine: 12:21am On Jan 21, 2013
Maxymilliano:

Post Endorsed . . . . .
Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by bashydemy(m): 12:42am On Jan 21, 2013
So what gonna be the party name after Merging
Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by strangest(m): 2:07am On Jan 21, 2013
Take a look at the attached newspaper and ponder... then,1986 was given as deadline by NEPA... Prior to 1986, there was no PDP but most of these men were already in power... SCRAPING OFF PDP will not provide the solution to our problem.... If we can first DISCOVER where our problem lies, its only then that we can start looking for a solution... Our problem lies with this men, if we actually want this country to grow...

1 Like

Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by toshmann(m): 2:22am On Jan 21, 2013
Yea, what we need is a strong opposition party for the democracy to take shape. One powerful set of thieves against another powerful set of thieves and the game begins. Bad as it seems, we are better for it bc some thieves will start repenting to make the other group look like the real thieves.

Hope dey cool
Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by Eisenhower(m): 2:27am On Jan 21, 2013
Akanbi_edu:

What makes them bastards?
udenwa that left about 6000 in imo state treaury when leaving office, a huge state debt and was conpensated with ministerial portfolio. As if that was not enough, after his fallout with goverment he started seeking the breaking of imo state to form njaba state. Now this,how is he not a badstard? He certified criminal that should jailed!
Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by Gbawe: 3:58am On Jan 21, 2013
Demdem: Excellent development however I see no APGA or even labour party here. Does this mean they are merely "stooges" for the killer party or what?

No one is willing to ask those two Parties because they have made it amply clear they will pitch their tent with the PDP as is their prerogative to do so. Best not to waste time with them.
Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by osheiduchris: 4:10am On Jan 21, 2013
GOD help them...!
Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by sunnyt1(m): 6:51am On Jan 21, 2013
This people fooled our parents so we shdnt allow them fool us.
Why shd we see them as our messiah?
They are all devourers, only God, only God and not man can save us
Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by Nobody: 6:57am On Jan 21, 2013
jumobi1: Tom Ikimi
ACN ANPP & CPC are not the answers we need. They are full of corrupt members
what is the answer?
Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by jay2k(m): 7:10am On Jan 21, 2013
Ikengawo: Recruiting bastards and thieves like Udenwa and Ngige aren't my cup of tea, but this should be interesting
udenwa nd ngige thieves !! I gaze u nd ur papa r d bigest thieves.cos i swear u dont kno anything about doz men...u b8 tink b4 talking not d oda way round...ODE.
Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by jay2k(m): 7:13am On Jan 21, 2013
jumobi1: Tom Ikimi
ACN ANPP & CPC are not the answers we need. They are full of corrupt members
therefore we should continue with dis course to nigeria called PDP is dat wat u r insinuating
Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by ektbear: 7:15am On Jan 21, 2013
Why on earth would you release the committee name publicly? Shouldn't stuff like this be kept private?
Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by Emmaeke: 7:15am On Jan 21, 2013
Sorry, did they say Merger, Mega or Maga Party? Me I suspect a MAGA PARTY!
Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by Adurangba(f): 7:35am On Jan 21, 2013
Emmaeke: Sorry, did they say Merger, Mega or Maga Party? Me I suspect a MAGA PARTY!

very funny.
Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by Symphony007: 7:41am On Jan 21, 2013
Apparently lagos and ogun states are in such magnificent state that their governours choose to shuttle between theie "elected roles" and partisan rubbish.
Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by Ngwakwe: 7:41am On Jan 21, 2013
Gbawe has told you to act, get involved and stop expecting God to appear indefinitely or probably from the Sky or the middle of Atlantic Ocean.

sunny t: This people fooled our parents so we shdnt allow them fool us.
Why shd we see them as our messiah?
They are all devourers, only God, only God and not man can save us
Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by birdman(m): 7:52am On Jan 21, 2013
ekt_bear: Why on earth would you release the committee name publicly? Shouldn't stuff like this be kept private?

Better to introduce yourself than let your enemy do it for you. Keeping it private would play into PDP's hands. The more open the process, the harder it is for PDP to bribe a faction or manufacture stories as they have done in the past.
Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by Jhulyan(m): 7:56am On Jan 21, 2013
All one n d same ppl probably afta their own share of d national cake whr PDP don d munch alone since...jst tinkin sha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Checkout Goodluck Jonathan's Christmas Message To Nigerians(pics) / Man Arrested By Ude Oko Chukwu For Exposing Electoral Fraud, Regains Freedom / Reps’ Bill Seeks 10-Year-Jail Sentence For Disclosure Of Security Agents’ ID

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.