Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,066 members, 7,810,976 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:53 PM

ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee (13238 Views)

PDP Releases List Of Key Members Allegedly Marked For Death By APC / Buhari, Others Approve CPC Merger With ACN, ANPP / Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by OmoTier1(m): 9:41pm On Jan 20, 2013
asha 80:

how i wish imo state got that kind of 'development' under udenwa lol.
Still it wont make a difference in that when He is faced with others who want to deliver for the people, He would have no choice than to do likewise!
Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by Maxymilliano(m): 9:43pm On Jan 20, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
For all I care, I want PDP and GEJ out of the center and replace it a party that have people who knows what development truly means! I know some "don't give a damn" but I do!

Pipe dream!... If you want to truly understand what I mean, go to Nairaland political hall of shame for 2012, you'll see how sentiment was deployed to ensure that Chinua Achebe got featured...

If you care to know, nothing has changed so far, and I don't foresee any significant change in 2015
Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by Iolo(m): 9:45pm On Jan 20, 2013
There is fire on the mountain...PDP run run run. The opposition is merging, PDP governors are busy fighting the national leadership.

I just know that if the CPC, ACN, and ANPP can present a single consensus candidate they are very likely to win the general elections.

GEJ please read the handwriting on the wall and fulfill your promises before 2015. Just give us light, more rails, and road and our votes will be urs. Otherwise OYO o.
Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by headtoto: 9:50pm On Jan 20, 2013
Iolo: There is fire on the mountain...PDP run run run. The opposition is merging, PDP governors are busy fighting the national leadership.

I just know that if the CPC, ACN, and ANPP can present a single consensus candidate they are very likely to win the general elections.

GEJ please read the handwriting on the wall and fulfill your promises before 2015. Just give us light, more rails, and road and our votes will be urs. Otherwise OYO o.

Like who?
Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by takedat(m): 9:53pm On Jan 20, 2013
head_to_to:

Like who?
Where do you stand? You haven't proffered an alternative/solution other than attack those who have contrary opinion.
Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by headtoto: 9:57pm On Jan 20, 2013
take dat: Where do you stand? You haven't proffered an alternative/solution other than attack those who have contrary opinion.

Abeg o. Who have I attacked? Asking a question, like who, is now an attack? Na wa o. Why not tape my mouth with cellophane paper?
Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by takedat(m): 10:03pm On Jan 20, 2013
head_to_to:

Abeg o. Who have I attacked? Asking a question, like who, is now an attack? Na wa o. Why not tape my mouth with cellophane paper?
Numpty! In your opinion, what is the way forward.
Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by 5much(m): 10:07pm On Jan 20, 2013
we need this merger for a healthy democracy in nigeria
Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by teskyg: 10:08pm On Jan 20, 2013
Merger is dead on arrival.They have just delivered 2015 to GEJ on a platter of Gold.Same old thieves who lost relevance in PDP.Ikimi,Akume.Ogbe,Udenwa and co.Most of them are supposed to be in jail in a country where things work.These are people who have stole from this country and are finding ways to come back and replenish their dwindling loot.Its a pity that the Anti corruption slogan of the merging party has already failed with the caliber of people mentioned here.We will rather stick to GEJ than these bunch of old criminals struggling wrestle power.
Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by Ogojohn(m): 10:10pm On Jan 20, 2013
so it is only NGIGE and UDENWA you saw there. Look of uncontrolled hatred. It you and all your generation that are BASTARD.

1 Like

Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jan 20, 2013
Any Nigerian thinking this move is meant to save Nigeria is certainly not thinking with his or her right mind.
Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by OmoTier1(m): 10:12pm On Jan 20, 2013
teskyg: Merger is dead on arrival.They have just delivered 2015 to GEJ on a platter of Gold.Same old thieves who lost relevance in PDP.Ikimi,Akume.Ogbe,Udenwa and co.Most of them are supposed to be in jail in a country where things work.These are people who have stole from this country and are finding ways to come back and replenish their dwindling loot.Its a pity that the Anti corruption slogan of the merging party has already failed with the caliber of people mentioned here.We will rather stick to GEJ than these bunch of old criminals struggling wrestle power.
What you do not know it this, these people are only going to help negotiate the terms of the merger as per how each party wants to deliver their democratic dividends to the people and of course the sharing of post when they eventually win. This would ensure each delivers her quarters during the election and a government of national unity will be formed. I can't wait to see PDP and GEJ as opposition! If PDP was truly a party to deliver development to Nigeria, look at all the states where they have become opposition, have you heard or seen any reasonable constructive criticism and proposal against what the government on ground has put forward? That tells you the caliber of party the PDP is and the kind of people that lead the party. LOOTERS
Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by Gbawe: 10:13pm On Jan 20, 2013
Afam4eva: What's it with Nigerians and hypocrisy...

On that list are former members of PDP and people who have contunually joined the bandwagon of thieves to plunder our resources. I guess the ACN supporters won't bat an eye lid because they're now working for ACN.

PDP is evil, ACN is evil, CPC is evil.

There will always be cross-carpeting by politicians in Nigeria because the stage of our political evolution means we cannot get away from that right now as there are too many crooks still involved in our politics while the loudmouth Nigerian youths, as we see from responses here, limit themselves to hurling insults from afar with no intention of getting involved to rid the nation of the 'crooks' they curse daily. It is all about 100% idealism for many Nigerian youths and zero% pragmatism. This makes many of them worthless, politically, to Nigeria .

The ACN,as an ambitious Party , has to deal with the political reality of Nigeria ,unlike you and others here, and come out with a pragmatic package that delivers success. It is up to the ACN to manage PDP entrants properly while retaining their core political identity and belief. This is demonstarted with Amosun who joined the ACN from another Party yet is fastiduously sticking to the template of governance of the ACN.

It is not just simply about getting on a high Horse, as you and others do daily, and saying naively all these men should be burnt at the stake when you and most Nigerian youths are not ready to step up and wrestle control from these crooks laughing at you. When you talk without pragmatism it is obvious people like you don't know what they want. Until you and other youths step up to rid Nigeria of the old boys you hate and insult from afar, then you will have to accept the current model i.e one that involves the old boys, some in their 80ties, recycling themselves from Party to Party till evolution and the principles of the lesser devil slowly get us where we need to go.

For now, show you can work with current reality by understand that, in the face of the inaction of you and other Nigerian youths, Parties will continue to use those who stand to be counted even if their motivation is sinister till the system becomes more clean. No Party can be composed of saints and angel because that Party will get nowhere in current Nigeria. Ask Utomi regarding how he fared last time despite being deemed a good guy.

1 Like

Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by takedat(m): 10:13pm On Jan 20, 2013
gboss4sure: Any Nigerian thinking this move is meant to save Nigeria is certainly not thinking with his or her right mind.
In your opinion, what should be done to save Nigeria? Is it by sticking to the status quo?
Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by takedat(m): 10:15pm On Jan 20, 2013
Dp
Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by bejay1(m): 10:18pm On Jan 20, 2013
I pray it works for the benefit of all
Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by Burger01(m): 10:22pm On Jan 20, 2013
AnitaMandy: The devil we know is better than the angel we don't know. This merger will consist of 3 political parties, 3 different set of looters coming to loot our treasury. Though they will say its for the good of the country, you and I know that their pockets come first. Goodluck to them.
The devil you know is better than the DEVIL you don't know .......
Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by strangest(m): 10:23pm On Jan 20, 2013
same old politicians, wey loot us before... mtschewww
Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by ayomidefalaye(m): 10:24pm On Jan 20, 2013
Anpp Cpc Can all of them are arm robber
Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by teskyg: 10:26pm On Jan 20, 2013
@ OMO-Tier,if they win 2015,These are the people that will become Ministers,DG,Board members etc.These are the people that will determine who beccomes the President and VP too.These are the people that will decide how things run in Nigeria if they win.We cannot afford to place our hope on these caliber of people.They are thieves who should be behind bars.
Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by PeterKbaba: 10:33pm On Jan 20, 2013
teskyg: @ OMO-Tier,if they win 2015,These are the people that will become Ministers,DG,Board members etc.These are the people that will determine who beccomes the President and VP too.These are the people that will decide how things run in Nigeria if they win.We cannot afford to place our hope on these caliber of people.They are thieves who should be behind bars.

So who among the PDP can you place your hops on? is it IBB, OBANSANJO, ATIKU, CIROMA, GOWON etc... I can see you have willingly sold your birth right
Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by Maxymilliano(m): 10:34pm On Jan 20, 2013
Kinda surprised to know that Saminu Turaki, the former rogue governor from Jigawa is not on the list to make up the list of progressives...
Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by jmaine: 10:34pm On Jan 20, 2013
People arguing for and against the spirit behind the merger have valid points grin
Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by Emmymill: 10:35pm On Jan 20, 2013
[quote author=Ngwakwe]In a situation the merger succeeds, they should endevour to name the new party; "Peoples Democratic Congress" (PDC) to indicate the composition of the party.

It seems u've discussed wit d political gladiators of those parties.
Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by takedat(m): 10:35pm On Jan 20, 2013
Gbawe:

There will always be cross-carpeting by politicians in Nigeria because the stage of our political evolution means we cannot get away from that right now as there are too many crooks still involved in our politics while the loudmouth Nigerian youths, as we see from responses here, limit themselves to hurling insults from afar with no intention of getting involved to rid the nation of the 'crooks' they curse daily. It is all about 100% idealism for many Nigerian youths and zero% pragmatism. This makes many of them worthless, politically, to Nigeria .

The ACN,as an ambitious Party , has to deal with the political reality of Nigeria ,unlike you and others here, and come out with a pragmatic package that delivers success. It is up to the ACN to manage PDP entrants properly while retaining their core political identity and belief. This is demonstarted with Amosun who joined the ACN from another Party yet is fastiduously sticking to the template of governance of the ACN.

It is not just simply about getting on a high Horse, as you and others do daily, and saying naively all these men should be burnt at the stake when you and most Nigerian youths are not ready to step up and wrestle control from these crooks laughing at you. When you talk without pragmatism it is obvious people like you don't know what they want. Until you and other youths step up to rid Nigeria of the old boys you hate and insult from afar, then you will have to accept the current model i.e one that involves the old boys, some in their 80ties, recycling themselves from Party to Party till evolution and the principles of the lesser devil slowly get us where we need to go.

For now, show you can work with current reality by understand that, in the face of the inaction of you and other Nigerian youths, Parties will continue to use those who stand to be counted even if their motivation is sinister till the system becomes more clean. No Party can be composed of saints and angel because that Party will get nowhere in current Nigeria. Ask Utomi regarding how he fared last time despite being deemed a good guy.
Its amazing how people deflect the responsibility for their actions and choices, and blame others or circumstances for their problems without proffering a solution. Most folks against this merger on the pretence that there are the same failed political elites are not card carrying members of a political party nor aided in the finances of these parties , while they expect a positive change without any meaningful impact from them. We should as well revert to a One-Party system since people are satisfied with the status quo of having only PDP, a party responsible for the dysfunctional state we find ourselves!
Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jan 20, 2013
take dat: In your opinion, what should be done to save Nigeria? Is it by sticking to the status quo?

You still think Nigeria has hope of change? You are mistaken bro. Look deep around there aint change coming cause we ourselfs wont allow the change to effect due to our tribal and religious nature. You talk about change when people like Tinubu, Otedola, orji uzor, T.A orji, OBJ, IBB and all subsidy cabals are walking free. For Christ sake we all know these man has stolen us dry but what have been done to them? Nothing rather they are called awolowo of their time, given awards and you are talking of change, if they are prosecuted their tribe will take it as because he is youroba or igbo or hausa that's why they want to get to him #rubbish.

Stage a revolution today and the planners will go to the back and collect money and betray everyone. Start a revolution when an hausa man is a sitting president, the northerners will cry and start saying is because he is a northerner same applies to other tribes. As far as this country is concerned better don't get your hopes high cause you will be disappointed, until we the citizens change our way of reasoning and the way we hate ourselves then we can then start talking about change. But i don't see that ever happening.

Has ACN or CPC explain what we Nigerians we benefit if they dislodge PDP? NOPE they are only talking about getting rid of PDP only, they don't have better plans for this country.

PDP = Thiefs

ACN = Thiefs, na the same people from PDP, the same Blood

CPC = Thiefs, na the same people.

They are only making noise because they aint in power yet, Wait till they get there you will understand why they have been making so much noise. And better don't get your hopes high that this merger will work because am yet to see the possibilities. Ask yourself why the first one didn't work out, tinubu knows the answer. Just don't get your hopes high to avoid heartbreak just sip champagne and watch as events unfold. ACN is a branch of PDP. Mark my words.
Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by confusion247(m): 10:38pm On Jan 20, 2013
head_to_to: Tom Ikimi - former PDP, former Abacha stalwart

Audu Ogbe - former PDP

George Akume - former PDP - Two time governor of Benue under PDP - 1999 - 2007

Achike Udenwa - former PDP - Two time governor of Imo State under PDP - 1999 - 2007

Sen. Chris Ngige - former PDP - Ex governor Anambra. Okija juju devotee.

John James Akpan Udo-Edehe - former PDP - former Minister of State for FCT under Yar Adua.

Osagie Iyawu - former PDP - Igbinedion stalwart in Edo. Chief of Staff and later Secretary to the Edo State Government between 1999 and 2007. PDP

Ibrahim Yakubu Lame - former PDP. former senior Special Assistant to President Olusegun Obasanjo. former Minister of Police Affairs
Thanks my guy for your good observation. Many people thought that political party is our problem while our problem is those in the political party. If all those you listed above didn't perform during their time in PDP how can we trust them now? I am much surprised that many Nigerians are so easy to fall for deceit.
Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by takedat(m): 10:46pm On Jan 20, 2013
gboss4sure:

You still think Nigeria has hope of change? You are mistaken bro. Look deep around there aint change coming cause we ourselfs wont allow the change to effect due to our tribal and religious nature. You talk about change when people like Tinubu, Otedola, orji uzor, T.A orji, OBJ, IBB and all subsidy cabals are walking free. For Christ sake we all know these man has stolen us dry but what have been done to them? Nothing rather they are called awolowo of their time, given awards and you are talking of change, if they are prosecuted their tribe will take it as because he is youroba or igbo or hausa that's why they want to get to him #rubbish.

Stage a revolution today and the planners will go to the back and collect money and betray everyone. Start a revolution when an hausa man is a sitting president, the northerners will cry and start saying is because he is a northerner same applies to other tribes. As far as this country is concerned better don't get your hopes high cause you will be disappointed, until we the citizens change our way of reasoning and the way we hate ourselves then we can then start talking about change. But i don't see that ever happening.

Has ACN or CPC explain what we Nigerians we benefit if they dislodge PDP? NOPE they are only talking about getting rid of PDP only, they don't have better plans for this country.

PDP = Thiefs

ACN = Thiefs, na the same people from PDP, the same Blood

CPC = Thiefs, na the same people.

They are only making noise because they aint in power yet, Wait till they get there you will understand why they have been making so much noise. And better don't get your hopes high that this merger will work because am yet to see the possibilities. Ask yourself why the first one didn't work out, tinubu knows the answer. Just don't get your hopes high to avoid heartbreak just sip champagne and watch as events unfold. ACN is a branch of PDP. Mark my words.
Guy, its our collective duty to mobilise ourselves if we can't join these parties to hijack the process from them, but sitting down idly while deflecting our responsibility isn't the way out!
Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jan 20, 2013
it will work perfectly, with God all things are possible, PDP has not been favourable to nigerians, they have drag this nation in the mud, PDP has been ruling this country for the past 13years and nothing to show for it, let another party come and lets see how it gonna be pls. Lets pray and hope that it works. We can see the changes here in south west after we voted them (PDP) out....lets give them (any party) a trial and back them to chase PDP away from aso villa
Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by confusion247(m): 10:47pm On Jan 20, 2013
PDP = corruption, failure, thieves, tested but not trusted, nest of Killers.

ACN = corruption, confused people from PDP,thieves, tested but not trusted.

CPC = The worst of them all, corruption thieves, not tested and can never be trusted, BOKO HARAM.

Nigeria is indeed highly blessed with corrupt leaders and confused followers who sees politics based on tribes, ethnicity and religion.
Re: ACN Releases List Of Merger Committee by jaybee(f): 10:49pm On Jan 20, 2013
jumobi1: Tom Ikimi
ACN ANPP & CPC are not the answers we need. They are full of corrupt members

what is your answer?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Imo Guber: Ihedioha Cleared As PDP Candidate / Saraki's Trial: “we Have No Details To Sustain Charge 11” Says EFCC Witness / Port Harcourt, Bonny Ports At Stake If Igbos Choose Biafra Referendum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.