Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,643 members, 7,816,644 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:22 PM

Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will (18294 Views)

Adeboye Talks About His Impending Death / Premarital Sex Is Not A Sin Against God / Was Man Created Before Satan Rebelled Against God or After? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by bunmila(f): 2:19pm On Jan 23, 2013
Yooguyz: i agree with you 100% but i have to point out something gay is an identity, when some1 who have samesex feelings decides to come up openly about his desires and act on them, he is gay. You can have samesex feelings but it doesn't make you gay
Say what?
Oh but You are so wrong

1 Like

Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by pelezico: 2:20pm On Jan 23, 2013
Nipeks: What about transgenders, are they allowed to marry and to which gender. Some people are also sexless and it is not their choice to be like that. The issue of homosexuality is more complicated than it seems. The majority will always be heterosexual therefore, homosexuality cannot wipe out the human race. It can only reduce the extreme rate of increase of global population. The birth rate will always be greater than the death rate. The only problem I see here is religion and if we cannot tolerate ourselves simply because of religion, we are as bad as the people called BOKO HARAM.

No your problem is sin and your hatred of God. There is no such thing as a sexless individual. If you are referring to those born with male and female organs the reality here is that they are either male or female. You cannot be one or the other. H o m o s e x u a l i t y is learned and such people find themselves introduced to such behaviour.

Also h o m o s e x u a l i t y does not lead to a happy lifestyle at all. Neither are such relationships stable. Also its impossible for them to find deep committed relationships because we were not designed to operate in that way.

You said "we" so i think you are claiming some affinity to Christ well what does Gods word say about it.

I will end by saying that God detests the h o m o s e x u a l however God is compassionate to save them and to love as his own Son who he commanded to die for world so that the world could be saved from Gods just wrath.

The way we do this is by preaching Gods word in love.

1 Like

Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by Dolakinz(m): 2:21pm On Jan 23, 2013
advocate666: And this is the man with PhD in applied mathematics? Dem dash am the degree or was it honorary?
. Actually i was at the programme last thursday. The reason he made mention of it was that during the preaching he was talking of light and darkness and dose tinz dat r associated wit them. He said some months ago the BBC asked him d reason he didnt support same-sex marriage, he asked d interviewer if two same-sex could procreate. The guy answered NO,but d guy said they cud adopt a child. Past. Adeboye then said If a larger percent bcoms a gay or lesb, whose children will they adopt. And that d human race might b goin 2 extinct in a 100yrs.
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by doggshaven: 2:21pm On Jan 23, 2013
Invisible-finish!!! grin
Invisible-finish!!!
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by mukoloAndy(m): 2:21pm On Jan 23, 2013
[/quote]
thehomer:

Your first sentence there is false. Is there something logically contradictory in someone being both gay and Christian? Ever heard of the colour grey?
[quote]

Logically contradictory? NO. Biblically contradictory? YES.
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by advocate666: 2:33pm On Jan 23, 2013
Dolakinz: . Actually i was at the programme last thursday. The reason he made mention of it was that during the preaching he was talking of light and darkness and dose tinz dat r associated wit them. He said some months ago the BBC asked him d reason he didnt support same-sex marriage, he asked d interviewer if two same-sex could procreate. The guy answered NO,but d guy said they cud adopt a child. Past. Adeboye then said If a larger percent bcoms a gay or lesb, whose children will they adopt. And that d human race might b goin 2 extinct in a 100yrs.

I am now sure that he stole his maths degree. Human race extinct in 100 years? Was he using frankinsense during the service or what? He would think that human race is waiting for his advice on how to survive? Look at his village and his kinsmen survival rate first before worrying about human race. An insignificant man of whom 99% of the human race is not even aware of his existence and 99% of those that are aware of him don't even care much about him.

1 Like

Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by aribisala0(m): 2:38pm On Jan 23, 2013
thehomer:

It is highly unlikely that there were no homosexuals in Africa before the arrival of the Europeans. If you think there are sound arguments against it, why don't you put in the effort to make those arguments?

I don't think animals at least become extinct because suddenly all members of that species became homosexual.

Maybe it is highly unlikely who knows. Certainly this trend toward mainstreaming is a European one as is the idea of gay marriage which is not the same thing as homosexuality because it goes a step further . Gay marriage is a notion and practice that is disruptive to our established values and way of life.

Why should I put in the effort to make those arguments ? Am I gay police? Is that the most important issue in Nigeria today?
Fighting homosexuality is not of any interest to me as I believe there are more important evils affecting a much larger number of our people. Why should I be making a stand against it ?I don't feel threatened by it and those who do must ask themselves why.

Is it worse than child prostitution or Pentecostal churches or Boko Haram?
To me no .
I am more concerned with fighting superstition and ignorance generally and so whilst homosexuality is abhorrent I find it less so than most pentecostal churches and how they mislead people. Homosexuals do not mislead our people into believing witches and wizards are responsible for infertility,disease and poverty or that young children are indeed witches and should be maimed or killed thus making our people to be permanently backward.
If it came down to a choice between living in a Sharia state and living in a country with gay marriage what would I choose
Those people who shout loudest against the practice probably have some of it in them
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by nlofficial(m): 2:42pm On Jan 23, 2013
Anyone that doesn't see anything wrong with Gay should be in psychiatric hospital. It's a mental illness and should never be allowed in our society and seen as normalcy.
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by mukoloAndy(m): 2:43pm On Jan 23, 2013
[/quote][quote author=Jazzgreen]
i dnt want to beliv ur a G*y cos ur post jst said somethin about u.GOD IS WATCHIN YOU

grin ti_hahahahaha!!!
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by Truckpusher(m): 2:44pm On Jan 23, 2013
i'm not against two guys that wants to bore hole in each others anus or ladies that wants to lick each others puccy , what i'm against is when they try to paint it as if it's an ideal way of life...this i'll not accept.

1 Like

Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by BABE3: 2:45pm On Jan 23, 2013
You can't compare being gày to being a ràpîst or a serial killer. The latter is directly inflicting pain on another human; disturbing societal peace. A gày isn't exactly causing anyone pain. They ain't disturbing no one; though they are VERY annoying!

However, I have a problem with them screaming that they want to get married. Now that's taking a piss! Marriage is an institution that has been molded and reformed over many centuries. These changes are solely centered around the union between a man and a woman! The "rules" of marriage applies to a man and a woman, not a man and man!! It's like applying the rules of baseball to football! How will it work?

Gàys need to form an institution called Gàyrraige; making their own rules.. Allowing gàys to get married is insulting to heterosexuals.

It's also funny when gàys say they have the RIGHT to get married. Lol! Marriage isn't even a right, it's a rescriction of rights!!
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by aribisala0(m): 2:49pm On Jan 23, 2013
Truckpusher: i'm not against two guys that wants to bore hole in each others anus or ladies that wants to lick each others puccy , what i'm against is when they try to paint it as if it's an ideal way of life...this i'll not accept.

I agree 100% .I also dislike it when my neighbours shriek all night long shouting
"abababababa abobobobobobobo woborobodobo die die die die by brimstone"
all night long and try and paint that as an ideal way of life.That is wrong. There are too many evils in this world
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by subzidi: 2:54pm On Jan 23, 2013
advocate666:

If I bore a hole in my girlfriend's anus after licking her puccy, what does that make us?

If animals do not have s;ex with same s;ex why are humans doing it?? People call a spade a spade! Same s;ex mating is ABNORMAL, UNCHRISTIAN, UNISLAMIC and negates all rational assumptions & postulations.
Cheers
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by Image123(m): 2:55pm On Jan 23, 2013
advocate666:

I am now sure that he stole his maths degree. Human race extinct in 100 years? Was he using frankinsense during the service or what? He would think that human race is waiting for his advice on how to survive? Look at his village and his kinsmen survival rate first before worrying about human race. An insignificant man of whom 99% of the human race is not even aware of his existence and 99% of those that are aware of him don't even care much about him.
this is so ignorant. What is 1% of the world population?
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by hunda: 2:56pm On Jan 23, 2013
how people react to the truth,shame on you...the day of reckoning will be terrible for you
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by aribisala0(m): 2:59pm On Jan 23, 2013
sub_zidi:

If animals do not have s;ex with same s;ex why are humans doing it?? People call a spade a spade! Same s;ex mating is ABNORMAL, UNCHRISTIAN, UNISLAMIC and negates all rational assumptions & postulations.
Cheers
So if animals do it it is OK

Well almost ALL animals do it FYI so its alright then
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by mukoloAndy(m): 3:03pm On Jan 23, 2013
[/quote][quote author=advocate666]

hmmn, ok
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by muktarmtt(m): 3:05pm On Jan 23, 2013
Dis has nfing 2 do wit me tank 2 Allah am not a christian so am free frm getting marrid 2 a dude lyk me nd most of d xtrian country legalize it lyk USA, Britain, france etc god 4nish dem all. I will never alwd dis in 9ja cos we muslim we against it 100% nd if catch anybbody eyeyansh me kill d mutherfuker
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by muktarmtt(m): 3:09pm On Jan 23, 2013
Image123:
samesex feelings? Should we be ruled by our feelings? should a human act on his stalinic feelings, or feelings of robbery, or murder, or adultery, or r.ape?
muktar mtt: Dis has nfing 2 do wit me tank 2 Allah am not a christian so am free frm getting marrid 2 a dude lyk me nd most of d xtrian country legalize it lyk USA, Britain, france etc god 4nish dem all. I will never alwd dis in 9ja cos we muslim we against it 100% nd if catch anybbody eyeyansh me kill d mutherfuker
muktar mtt: Dis has nfing 2 do wit me tank 2 Allah am not a christian so am free frm getting marrid 2 a dude lyk me nd most of d xtrian country legalize it lyk USA, Britain, france etc god 4nish dem all we will never alwd dis in 9ja cos we muslim we against it 100% nd if catch anybbody eyeyansh me I will kill d mutherfuker
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by alexis(m): 3:10pm On Jan 23, 2013
Heathen: If its against his will then why is it happening?

Because everyone has a choice to do what he/she wants.
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by Zenas212(m): 3:10pm On Jan 23, 2013
thehomer: The statements of this pastor while ignorant are the sorts of things one comes to expect from faithheads.

Of course the same God who didn't think slavery and child sacrifice were anathema.

For some reason, the things that darkness produces are very abundant in Nigeria where his prayers haven't really been helping.

The multiple levels of ignorance implied by this statement is staggering. Where does he think homosexual people come from? Why does he think that if homosexuals are free to get married, they will somehow magically make everyone else homosexual. And does he think that producing children is the only purpose of marriage?

These statements make no sense but he goes to a university to say it. I only hope that critical thinkers in that university were able to counter those statements.
No disrespect but i tink u ar vry sick. What then is the purpose of marriage if not pro-creation. Do u eva read the bible? Dont come here show-casing your shallow minded-ness. Be careful what you say before you offend God
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jan 23, 2013
man 2 man so disgusting and diry what will i see in a man and be attracted to him....feel like vomiting...all gays are liable to die in hell fire
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by alexis(m): 3:12pm On Jan 23, 2013
muktar mtt: Dis has nfing 2 do wit me tank 2 Allah am not a christian so am free frm getting marrid 2 a dude lyk me nd most of d xtrian country legalize it lyk USA, Britain, france etc god 4nish dem all. I will never alwd dis in 9ja cos we muslim we against it 100% nd if catch anybbody eyeyansh me kill d mutherfuker

Do you know the difference between a secular state and a Christian state. The countries you mentioned as all secular countries.
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by Truckpusher(m): 3:13pm On Jan 23, 2013
advocate666:

If I bore a hole in my girlfriend's anus after licking her puccy, what does that make us?
i'm not against gays or whatever you call yourselves,but get me straight for thousands of years we've lived with this ideology that sex and marriage should be enjoyed with the opposite sex.However,most of you guys right now in this new age feel that you like the same-sex union ,no problem!but my friend could you pls keep it to yourself because we're not use to having it that way...just the way you've got rights to express your sexual orientation, i have rights too to frown at and challenge any ideology that i see as alien to me.

1 Like

Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by davidmonye(m): 3:22pm On Jan 23, 2013
advocate666: And this is the man with PhD in applied mathematics? Dem dash am the degree or was it honorary?
mr man u are so so stupid
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by thehomer: 3:23pm On Jan 23, 2013
Image123:
you can't be a Christian and same time be gay, take it

What does it mean to be a Christian? What does it mean to be gay?

Image123:
The Christian colour is white, not gray. I'm sure you know there's a difference.

Why not black? Or is black now somehow evil? There are several shades of grey. Some lighter than others.
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by ijebabe: 3:24pm On Jan 23, 2013
Hehehe, I said this is the Year of the Gay! grin

1 Like

Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by thehomer: 3:26pm On Jan 23, 2013
pelezico:

The problem with that statement though i believe its in good faith is that it'snot wise. The h o m o s e x u a l s (i refuse to call them g a y s since that word is a politically correct sanitized description of a promiscuous and debauched lifestyle) are playing for keeps and therefore want to either silence the critic by the use of Governmental force or manipulate the people thru the media as is the case in the US, Canada and Europe. The media is used to either intimidate or harass the critic or make h o m o s e x u a l i t y activity rather cool by showing "cool" h o m o s e x u a l s using films and music.

I see no problem using government force to prevent discrimination. Do you see a problem with that? What do you think debauchery is? I hope you're aware that heterosexuals too can be promiscuous.

pelezico:
Marriage either has a definition that is rooted in the immutable God of the bible (unchanging character of God and his Word) or its up for grabs and is a subjective thing therefore rendering the word VOID.

Marriage is a human institution and the God of the Bible isn't immutable.

pelezico:
Marriage therefore is null and void.

In the UK they now want to teach and display images of h o m o s e x u a l i t y to our children. If you remove your child from that class you as a parent can be severely fined.

What we are seeing in the WEst is a return to ancient Greece and Roman traditions and culture. The same culture that woman escaped from once Christianity came to the fore because of the horrendous abuse they suffered. The same empire that ruled with an iron fist and subjected its citzens to slaves, killed for fun, destroyed the childhood of children thru paedophilia etc etc

My two pennies - be warned Christian for we will be judged first and then the world.

I guess the empire that God tried to build but failed in building that kept slaves and waged numerous wars against its neighbours according to the Bible is a good one. And guess what? Women aren't spared in God's empire in that, the Biblical God has been consistent.
Re: Adeboye - Same-Sex Marriage Against God’s Will by thehomer: 3:27pm On Jan 23, 2013
Image123:
God didn't create anyone with sin, why do you refuse to learn? you've been told this before?

Please check the post I was responding to and advice your fellow Christian. When you guys have gotten your story straight, then you can come at me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

34 Reasons Why The “holy Spirit” Is Not A “person” - Bible Scholars attention ! / Is It Right For Churches To Celebrate Cultural Day In Church? / A Question For Tithe Payers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.