Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,657 members, 7,816,685 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:16 PM

Sexless Marriage: Man Wins Refund Of Dowry - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Sexless Marriage: Man Wins Refund Of Dowry (16286 Views)

Sexless Marriage / Why I’m Happier In A Sexless Marriage / Paying Of Dowry!!! Should Be Stopped....... (my Thought). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sexless Marriage: Man Wins Refund Of Dowry by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jan 29, 2013
noskeybaba: errm... The girl is 16, and the marriage is 2yrs old. So it now means the girl was given out at the age of 14? Northern Nigeria should grow up. This is 21st century for Christ sake!!! Giving out kids for marriage is outdated. Both the suitor and the parents are not just ok. I rest my case.

She was SOLD and not given as a birthday present.

Sold like a baby pigket to the highest bidder.
Re: Sexless Marriage: Man Wins Refund Of Dowry by andyanders: 3:31pm On Jan 29, 2013
Housa man no dey hear sorry. He can do anything to get his pound of flesh.
Re: Sexless Marriage: Man Wins Refund Of Dowry by naijathings(m): 3:40pm On Jan 29, 2013
tjskii: So werr r they goin to get d money to pay him back,hed berra just divorc her and mov on
he better do what? i rather keep her to suffer for ever. may the Almighty GOD and Allah and Buddah and all the deities punish her and her dubious parents. LMAO
Re: Sexless Marriage: Man Wins Refund Of Dowry by Parnassuss(m): 3:41pm On Jan 29, 2013
PEOPLE GET IT RIGHT, HE DID NOT MARRY A 16 YEAR OLD HE MARRIED A 14 YEAR OLD! IF AT 16 THEY HAD BEEN MARRIED FOR 2 YEARS THEN THAT HUSBAND IS ONE THEM PEDOPHILES! IS THE WEDDING EVEN CONSTITUTIONAL THAT THE JUDGE AWARDS SUCH DAMAGES ABEG THE GIRL'S PARENTS NEED TO CHALLENGE THAT JUDGEMENT!
Re: Sexless Marriage: Man Wins Refund Of Dowry by emilyone(f): 4:04pm On Jan 29, 2013
the guys babana was not sweet enough for her ? wonders shall never cease
Re: Sexless Marriage: Man Wins Refund Of Dowry by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jan 29, 2013
1Dray:

U've gotta be kidding me.
You playing with women? Don't hold your breath on them being rational.
Re: Sexless Marriage: Man Wins Refund Of Dowry by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jan 29, 2013
Parnassuss: PEOPLE GET IT RIGHT, HE DID NOT MARRY A 16 YEAR OLD HE MARRIED A 14 YEAR OLD! IF AT 16 THEY HAD BEEN MARRIED FOR 2 YEARS THEN THAT HUSBAND IS ONE THEM PEDOPHILES! IS THE WEDDING EVEN CONSTITUTIONAL THAT THE JUDGE AWARDS SUCH DAMAGES ABEG THE GIRL'S PARENTS NEED TO CHALLENGE THAT JUDGEMENT!
Yada yada yada. Stop harping on no-issues mister.
Re: Sexless Marriage: Man Wins Refund Of Dowry by Truckpusher(m): 4:20pm On Jan 29, 2013
Child abuse in Northern Nigeria is practiced with impunity with both family members supporting the show of shame all in the name of marriage...smdh
Re: Sexless Marriage: Man Wins Refund Of Dowry by Truckpusher(m): 4:24pm On Jan 29, 2013
naijathings:
he better do what? i rather keep her to suffer for ever. may the Almighty GOD and Allah and Buddah and all the deities punish her and her dubious parents. LMAO
It doesn't even occur to you that she's just a child...you're a shame to civilization
Re: Sexless Marriage: Man Wins Refund Of Dowry by dayokanu(m): 4:24pm On Jan 29, 2013
Does anyone have an idea of what a 14yr old girl looks like?

Your niece in JS3/SS1 married to someone of Tuface Idibias or Kanu Nwankwos age
Re: Sexless Marriage: Man Wins Refund Of Dowry by Jonwesley(m): 4:27pm On Jan 29, 2013
How can she know by this age of 16 that the husband does not know how to make love, agreeing or accepting that the man had been intimate with her? Which experience was she comparing the one done by her husband with? And what is the way or how was the love made with her anyway?, Tell us, becos the next suitor can face the same treatment.
Re: Sexless Marriage: Man Wins Refund Of Dowry by ipromise: 4:30pm On Jan 29, 2013
Boyoorisha: A Nigerian court based in the capital Abuja has ordered a 16-year-old girl, Maryam Suleiman, and her parents to refund N570,000(about $4,000) to her husband, Mukailu Naibi, over a fraudulent marriage.

The judge in the Area Court sitting in Lugbe, Haruna Masanawa, ruled that Suleiman and her parents must refund the money to Naibi within 30 days. Masanawa also ordered that Naibi’s estranged wife, who had filed for divorce, must remain married to him pending the full refund of the amount.
"Based on the evidence before me, the court is convinced that the plaintiff’s parents are dubious people that no child should be proud of. They collected money from different suitors, all with the fraudulent intention of marrying their daughter out to them, all of which turned out to be fake promises. This honourable court hereby orders the plaintiff to pay the defendant the sum of N570,000 before divorce is granted to her,’" Masanawa said.
Naibi of Keke village, Kaduna, whose wife allegedly starved him of sex for two years of their marriage, had demanded N1. 2 million as compensation from the wife’s parents before he would agree to his wife’s request for divorce. Naibi, 37, while testifying in the case, said the amount covered the bride price he paid before marrying Suleiman. He told the court that the amount also covered the cost of damage done to his house after Suleiman set it on fire before filing for divorce. Naibi tendered written documents with records of all expenses made on his estranged wife and her parents, in addition to presenting a witness who testified in his favour. He told the court that his wife had refused to make love to him since they got married two years ago.
"Your worship, since we got married two years ago, my wife never allowed me to make love to her for once and all my attempts to do it always led to fighting. I married her out of love and I still love her, but with this development, I have no choice, but to ask the court to grant her divorce wish for the sake of peace," Naibi said.
In her testimony, Suleiman said her husband had made love to her once but she was not impressed and so wanted divorce. "I don’t love him. I don’t love anybody who bears his name and I hate anybody who loves him," she told the court. Naibi’s in-laws denied most of his claims.

http://news.naij.com/21545.html
IBO qwenu!!! Had it been that her parent is igbo now, i would hv say hmmmmm..u knw where 4 ibo gathers negotiation is in progress...na joke õ` `o̶̲̥̅̊
o̶̲̥̅̊
o̶̲̥̅̊
o̶̲̥̅̊
o̶̲̥̅̊
Re: Sexless Marriage: Man Wins Refund Of Dowry by NaLaugh: 4:36pm On Jan 29, 2013
Libkid: At 16? Wat were d parents finking wen dey handed ova their 16 year old daughter to a man.jez! wat a senseless parents and suitor

Correction. It was 2 years ago, so they handed over their 14 year old daughter to a 35 year old. Paedophilia Galore.
Re: Sexless Marriage: Man Wins Refund Of Dowry by begwong: 4:41pm On Jan 29, 2013
Ileke-IdI:
What's a 37 years old man doing with a 16 years old girl?

angry angry
Hausa man again? By the time you investigate further,the girl must be around 12 years old or less lipsrsealed
Re: Sexless Marriage: Man Wins Refund Of Dowry by Parnassuss(m): 4:48pm On Jan 29, 2013
fresh_dude: Yada yada yada. Stop harping on no-issues mister.

Non-issues? What does that even mean? You saw a topic that was being discussed, clicked on it and read through it just to say its a non-issue?
U are sad bro.
Re: Sexless Marriage: Man Wins Refund Of Dowry by topmostg: 5:12pm On Jan 29, 2013
Sweetapple007: So even boko people dey do buisness wit thier daugher i think say no only ibo people they sell their pikin.

you have low i.Q. Chief.
Re: Sexless Marriage: Man Wins Refund Of Dowry by vedaxcool(m): 5:19pm On Jan 29, 2013
The "Law of the Source of Law"
of the Vatican State requires that any
Italian laws must first defer to divine law,
to Papal decrees, and to canon law. As
the Vatican understands divine law, all
sex outside of marriage is illicit, and
therefore the only lawful consent that
may be made for sexual relations is the
consent between a husband and a wife.
Canon 1083 of the Code of Canon Law
states that "A man before he has
completed his sixteenth year of age and
a woman before she has completed her
fourteenth year of age cannot enter into
a valid marriage." [84] Thus, assuming
the couple is married, the minimum age
of consent for lawful sexual relations
according to Vatican law is 14 for
females, and 16 for males.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_consent_in_Europe
Re: Sexless Marriage: Man Wins Refund Of Dowry by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jan 29, 2013
emilyone: the guys babana was not sweet enough for her ? wonders shall never cease
I doubt that that was the reason the marriage was sexless, at 14-16 there are possibilities she is scared of a metal ROD entering her. Some gals are scared even at 25yrs.
Re: Sexless Marriage: Man Wins Refund Of Dowry by Sweetapple007(f): 6:01pm On Jan 29, 2013
gratiaeo:
So you have started smoking this your weeds again? I know you must have stop taking your drugs! What a pity
na me ad u dey smoke kam now
Re: Sexless Marriage: Man Wins Refund Of Dowry by ikaman: 6:12pm On Jan 29, 2013
In the name of stupid religion d old fool married small child, haba Boko people you are evil.
Re: Sexless Marriage: Man Wins Refund Of Dowry by adewaleafolabi(m): 6:34pm On Jan 29, 2013
I thought it was illegal for anyone below the age of 18 be given into marriage
Re: Sexless Marriage: Man Wins Refund Of Dowry by Sweetapple007(f): 6:49pm On Jan 29, 2013
topmostg:

you have low i.Q. Chief.
cry
topmostg:

you have low i.Q. Chief.
Re: Sexless Marriage: Man Wins Refund Of Dowry by Sweetapple007(f): 6:50pm On Jan 29, 2013
topmostg:

you have low i.Q. Chief.
cry
topmostg:

you have low i.Q. Chief.
ad u hav no brain.
Re: Sexless Marriage: Man Wins Refund Of Dowry by ud4u: 7:18pm On Jan 29, 2013
wonders shall never end
Re: Sexless Marriage: Man Wins Refund Of Dowry by Mrajonder(m): 7:19pm On Jan 29, 2013
Akpos ran home from school yesterday crying and
mum asked
mum; akpos what is it
akpos; the fatest boy in our classslap me
mum; wat did you do to him
akpos; i told him that i saw him inmy dream where he worn a gold medal in Olympic game
mum; but that is good, why is he slapping you,but
wat race did he he took part in
akpos;mum u are asking ask if you don't know, it
is marathon eating

Get more jokes,fun tipz success tipz,prayerz nd lotx more by jst liking dz page on facebook.
Get more jokes,fun tipz success tipz,prayerz nd lotx more by jst liking dz page on facebook..
www.facebook.com/pages/Naija-fun-zone/125175654316810
Re: Sexless Marriage: Man Wins Refund Of Dowry by Metallurgist: 7:23pm On Jan 29, 2013
Ur ancestors hav been marrying girls less than 14yrs for god knows how long and see nothing wrong with it. Then the white master said it should be 18yrs, but check a century back in history and see how the white master marries girls as young as 11 yrs and see nothing wrong with it,
Re: Sexless Marriage: Man Wins Refund Of Dowry by FXKing2012(m): 7:49pm On Jan 29, 2013
She's presently 16years old and she was married to the man 2years ago meaning she was 14years old at the time. Both the girl's parents and the husband should be in jail for child abuse.
Re: Sexless Marriage: Man Wins Refund Of Dowry by touchmeder: 8:14pm On Jan 29, 2013
is a 16year old girl not too young for all this drama? i blame her parents for putting her in this mess
Re: Sexless Marriage: Man Wins Refund Of Dowry by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jan 29, 2013
I think say na only igbo's like money
Re: Sexless Marriage: Man Wins Refund Of Dowry by VirginFinder: 9:37pm On Jan 29, 2013
No wahala.
They should give him his money.

I've noticed that more northerners head to the court for divorce than we southerners do.
Why is this?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Should I Marry A Woman Who Is Not From My Tribe? - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian / Has Anyone Experienced This From Ponography Before? / Do Rich Guys Ever Get Dumped?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.