Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,949 members, 7,952,830 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:42 AM

Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. - Culture (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. (41183 Views)

WELCOME TO AFRICA - 15 Funny Attributes That Suggest That You Might Be African / Do African Americans Have A Culture? / African-Americans And Their Igbo Roots (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (27) (Go Down)

Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by Nobody: 5:46am On Feb 28, 2013
MsDarkSkin:

^^she doesn't live in compton... grin
and whites and mexicans live there as well. just saying.. tongue
actually I really don't care about where that prostitu.te lives. undecided
Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by Nobody: 5:47am On Feb 28, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: look at him disrespecting native African yet you want to settle on our land shocked
Guess what ain't going to happen our ancestors didn't sell criminals like u for us to take you back. Over 400 years in a country yet you have no governors and all your neighborhoods are nothing to write home about

your ancestors sold their own kind and what happened as a result?
you speak french no? are you in america, europe, or cameroon?

what happened to the african nations who sold out?
oh ok. please don't try to brag about one of the most EMBARRASSING eras in black WORLD history. what was done was shameful and the reason the other races look at us as failures. never in the history of mankind has another race willingly coon for others like black people..and we still continue to.

and when you take it into consideration that our ancestors laid on their backs for MONTHS on ships and survived out of many who perished at sea, and were immediately put to work, you ought to remember them for their strength, pity those responsible and not let this bullshit machismo take over your mind. It's not cute..at all.

3 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by Nobody: 5:48am On Feb 28, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: actually I really don't care about where that prostitu.te lives. undecided

seriously chill.
you're better than that.
Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by Nobody: 5:50am On Feb 28, 2013
Mrs..Chima:
Damn blyss what did u do to Liberia? !
thought u were able to take/pay Africana classes in any university. Stop exposing your ignorance and go back to the street where you rightly belong jekwana undecided angry
Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by Nobody: 5:52am On Feb 28, 2013
MsDarkSkin:

seriously chill.
you're better than that.
so its right for those fools to disrespect +600M persons .did you even read blyss statements on this thread sad angry angry

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by Nobody: 5:54am On Feb 28, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: so its right for those fools to disrespect +600M persons .did you even read blyss statements on this thread sad angry angry

NO.
It's not right for anyone to be disrespected but last time i checked he was talking about Liberian history and it is a fact that after eliminating the corrupt Americo Liberians, that the President Doe (Krahn man) did do the EXACT SAME thing to the other 15 tribes of liberia that the Americo Liberians did to his fellow natives. It's a fact that Doe's era created the Liberia of today. I don't think Blyss was talking about ALL of africa sir.

but i'll check..
*goes back to read*
Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by Nobody: 5:59am On Feb 28, 2013
MsDarkSkin:

NO.
It's not right for anyone to be disrespected but last time i checked he was talking about Liberian history and it is a fact that after eliminating the corrupt Americo Liberians, that the President Doe (Krahn man) did do the EXACT SAME thing to the other 15 tribes of liberia that the Americo Liberians did to his fellow natives. It's a fact that Doe's era created the Liberia of today. I don't think Blyss was talking about ALL of africa sir.

but i'll check..
*goes back to read*
I was talking about the whole thread esp the part where he explains his diabolical plan.
As for Liberia you guys are looking at it from your white-master point of view. I even don't want to discuss about that ,what a shame trying to enslave the indigenous people making them work for peanuts etc . angry angry

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by Nobody: 6:12am On Feb 28, 2013
This Brotha here on Page 2....MartinOsi.

I enjoyed the Positive Vibe Brah. Good Post.

That is all.
cool
Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by Nobody: 6:15am On Feb 28, 2013
martinosi:

Hmm interesting, but what African Americans & African Caribbeans should know that
moving back to africa to live is not that hard as they make it out to be.

First they should connect with the Community-Commerce or Culltural centre of the country
they want to move back to stay Tanzania, Nigeria or Ghana in the America or Europe.
The truth of the matter is that most of the African Americans & Caribbeans i know that have moved back to Ghana, Nigeria or Namibia, Tanzania are doing very well.

They are accepted, have built good businesses and have been embraced fully. I have an african american friend in Ghana who have moved out their with his family and some friends. They are working in the New Oil/Gas industry there and also export and process agricutural products.

They are doing great and they have also opened up opportunities for local ghanians and are
helping african americans in the states who are now marketing, doing admin and other logisitics
for the products being sold from Ghana. Its a win win! If you are an African American or African Caribbean and your focused about your life and bring value to the economic table in Africa, you will be embraced fully, The locals will respect and revere you Big-time!!!

I know of an African American man that came to Nigeria as an expate in the Construction industry and has his own construction companies now in Tanzania and Ghana. After he finished his contract in Nigeria, he moved to Tanzania with his family. He also partnerss with Nigeria
construction companies doing consultancy on projects in Kaduna and Ogun state.

Everybody likes a good thing ! The Caribbeans and African Americans that i know of in Africa
came with hardly anything but their Skills, Knowledge and determination and they have become
very successful and have helped the local economies.

I am working with African Americans now who are my advisers on my Education and Real Estate projects in Nigera & two other west African countries.

The African American consultancy is based in Forest Lake illinois in the States. They have come out to Nigeria as i have hosted them and their business links has been growing.
African Americans & African Caribbeans are our brothers and african as a continent by potential is a 50 trillion dollar economy. We need to start building bridges and get rid of the ignorant walls.
WAS going to like your post, but calling what this bastar.d said here interesting is beyond my comprehension.
Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by Nobody: 6:15am On Feb 28, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: I was talking about the whole esp the part where he explains his diabolical plan.
As for Liberia you guys are looking at from your white-master point of view. I even don't want to discuss about that ,what a shame trying to enslave indigenous people making them work for peanuts etc . angry angry

first of all i don't have any masters except the divine entity that created me..GOD.

Not my moms. Not my dad (rip) and most definitely not a white man, sir.
Second, I am not looking at it from anyone's POV but mine.

Although on this subject we kinda share the same views, blyss and I disagree on A LOT more than we agree. For one I think he does have a chip on his shoulder...it's no secret but I support the notion that it's impossible for a group of people to up and go somewhere and settle where they are not familiar with the lifestyle esp. among people who may become hostile. This thread, as I have said for the billionth time, proves my point.

But back to what we were discussing a few minutes ago:

There has always been African vs. Caribbean vs. AA tension since we came in contact both physically and via internet. Egos, selective AMNESIA tongue, and pride gets in the way and people fail to reason with clear minds. It's ok to feel that it is a bad idea but there is no need to use stereotypical names to describe chima...just like it was no need for her to call cameroon a shyt hole. You don't know each other, you don't affect each other's lives by posting on NL..so speak your piece and let it be it.

We don't have to agree. We can just learn to respect each other's opinions. That's all I am saying. And I will take my own advise here on out.

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by Nobody: 6:18am On Feb 28, 2013
anyway,
it's like they say.."you could lead a horse to the water but you can't force him to drink".

black people get so much mouth for each other but will fold in a heartbeat once the "white man" shows up.

definition of a failed race. kiss
Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by Nobody: 6:23am On Feb 28, 2013
Chima is another debate .... grin undecided
Anyway that's just a dream ..I see how u contain yourself darskin tongue cool grin good job we are progressing. Don't mind them .I know you are proud to sing your national anthem . Central Africa is a big forest trust me u don't want to live there
Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by Nobody: 6:25am On Feb 28, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: Chima is another debate .... grin undecided
Anyway that's just a dream ..I see how u contain yourself darskin tongue cool grin good job we are progressing. Don't mind them .I know you are proud to sing your national anthem . Central Africa is a big forest trust me u don't want to live there

cool then. smiley
you'll always be my cammy brother from another mother grin on NL.
remember that but just take it easy man. smiley
Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by Nobody: 6:26am On Feb 28, 2013
MsDarkSkin:

your ancestors sold their own kind and what happened as a result?
you speak french no? are you in america, europe, or cameroon?

what happened to the african nations who sold out?
oh ok. please don't try to brag about one of the most EMBARRASSING eras in black WORLD history. what was done was shameful and the reason the other races look at us as failures. never in the history of mankind has another race willingly coon for others like black people..and we still continue to.

and when you take it into consideration that our ancestors laid on their backs for MONTHS on ships and survived out of many who perished at sea, and were immediately put to work, you ought to remember them for their strength, pity those responsible and not let this bullshit machismo take over your mind. It's not cute..at all.
I speak French and Ewondo . My dear besides I just moved recently in the USA. proudly Cameroonian born and raised in Cameroon.
Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by Nobody: 6:32am On Feb 28, 2013
MsDarkSkin:

cool then. smiley
you'll always be my cammy brother from another mother grin on NL.
remember that but just take it easy man. smiley
Chima deserves what she got ...period.
Anyway I'm calm now .heading to bed peacefully.
Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by Nobody: 6:33am On Feb 28, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: I speak French and Ewondo . My dear besides I just moved recently in the USA. proudly Cameroonian born and raised in Cameroon.

i speak english and patois but it doesn't change the fact that i speak a european language because my people were what? COLONIZED. It doesn't change the fact that I live in the west because black countries are either failed states, third world or "developing".

So even if you speak Ewondo you are still in America and still speak two European languages as a result of colonization. That's the point. No matter how many times you point your finger three more are pointed back at you. Which is why this argument is stuupid.

"you AAs live in ghettos..you don't have your own economy" = "you africans were sonned on your own continent/soil"..it's the same story both ways.

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by Nobody: 6:34am On Feb 28, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: Chima deserves what she got ...period.

ok. sweet dreams. smiley
Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by Blyss: 6:46am On Feb 28, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: Chima deserves what she got ...period.

LOL, damn you were going HAM tonight. cheesy cheesy I like that. Keep up the good work, Camel.
Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by Blyss: 7:13am On Feb 28, 2013
MsDarkSkin:

first of all i don't have any masters except the divine entity that created me..GOD.

Not my moms. Not my dad (rip) and most definitely not a white man, sir.
Second, I am not looking at it from anyone's POV but mine.

Although on this subject we kinda share the same views, blyss and I disagree on A LOT more than we agree. For one I think he does have a chip on his shoulder...it's no secret but I support the notion that it's impossible for a group of people to up and go somewhere and settle where they are not familiar with the lifestyle esp. among people who may become hostile. This thread, as I have said for the billionth time, proves my point.

But back to what we were discussing a few minutes ago:

There has always been African vs. Caribbean vs. AA tension since we came in contact both physically and via internet. Egos, selective AMNESIA tongue, and pride gets in the way and people fail to reason with clear minds. It's ok to feel that it is a bad idea but there is no need to use stereotypical names to describe chima...just like it was no need for her to call cameroon a shyt hole. You don't know each other, you don't affect each other's lives by posting on NL..so speak your piece and let it be it.

We don't have to agree. We can just learn to respect each other's opinions. That's all I am saying. And I will take my own advise here on out.

A chip on my shoulder? Humm, please explain further if you may? I find that interesting. smiley smiley
Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by prettyboi1(m): 10:12am On Feb 28, 2013
@MsDarkSkin.....I think I love your sense of objectivity on this thread. You try very much to understand that people can't always agree completely but at the same time you also try very much to truthfully see things from both sides (your side & your opposition's side) without much sentiments & you work around that & walk to the famous saying "we can disagree to agree or agree to disagree."

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by Ezemmuo1: 3:42pm On Feb 28, 2013
MsDarkSkin:

Lol. Trust me, i no dey form. I speak pidgin because ive been on here trying to learn diferent cultures its more proof that i, MDARKSKIN, do not and never will see myself better than africans.

But i maintain AAs should they decide to go to africa, need their own community because everything takes time. It is impossible for them as a group to settle in an african nation and live as if everything is all good. This thread proves this. They havent even made the move yet and still you can see the hostility lmao. So...if they have their own settlement, become a strong nation as the other african countries around them will then integration would be easier. Its like discharging a prison inmate to society. They dont just let them loose...they put them in halway homes where they are given a place to stay, given a chance to work and builtpd for themselves...once they are good to go and meet the requirements, then they are ready to be freed into general population. Some end,u going back to prison and others stay out.

Well aas are the prisoners in this case. You cant expect them in a large group to go to any african nation and automatically adjust....they need to learn self reliance and,how to survive on their own.

When domesticated lions/animals are let,back into the wild they form their own prides before eventually joining other lions. wink and living as those before them did...*pops collar*

I just created my own proverb lmao.
there is a big difference between you and blyss but it seems only you can't see it hence your quest to defend him.am sorry if i had lumped all AAs together with type blyss in the past.Anyways i know a large piece of land with spring water passing through it which is mine by inheritance(but i don't need it),you can hide there with all other good AAs for years and nobody including the government will know you are there running your own community.i know because i cant even trace the land by myself except with the help of some real old folks in the village(was there few times as a little boy).I think i have done my bit to help out,some1 from damaturu/maiduguri should please volunteer and do same for blyss and his gang.
Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by Ezemmuo1: 3:43pm On Feb 28, 2013
MsDarkSkin:

Lol. Trust me, i no dey form. I speak pidgin because ive been on here trying to learn diferent cultures its more proof that i, MDARKSKIN, do not and never will see myself better than africans.

But i maintain AAs should they decide to go to africa, need their own community because everything takes time. It is impossible for them as a group to settle in an african nation and live as if everything is all good. This thread proves this. They havent even made the move yet and still you can see the hostility lmao. So...if they have their own settlement, become a strong nation as the other african countries around them will then integration would be easier. Its like discharging a prison inmate to society. They dont just let them loose...they put them in halway homes where they are given a place to stay, given a chance to work and builtpd for themselves...once they are good to go and meet the requirements, then they are ready to be freed into general population. Some end,u going back to prison and others stay out.

Well aas are the prisoners in this case. You cant expect them in a large group to go to any african nation and automatically adjust....they need to learn self reliance and,how to survive on their own.

When domesticated lions/animals are let,back into the wild they form their own prides before eventually joining other lions. wink and living as those before them did...*pops collar*

I just created my own proverb lmao.
there is a big difference between you and blyss but it seems only you can't see it hence your quest to defend him.am sorry if i had lumped all AAs together with type blyss in the past.Anyways i know a large piece of land with spring water passing through it which is mine by inheritance(but i don't need it),you can hide there with all other good AAs for years and nobody including the government will know you are there running your own community.i know because i cant even trace the land by myself except with the help of some real old folks in the village(was there few times as a little boy).I think i have done my bit to help out,some1 from damaturu/maiduguri should please volunteer and do same for blyss and his gang grin.

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by Ezemmuo1: 3:49pm On Feb 28, 2013
Blyss:

We didn't do shit too it, other than build it up into what was while under our rule one of the strongest economic powers on the continent, and as is usually the case, once the natives went apes shiat, and took charge, it all crumbled to a wild lawless zoo of a nation. cheesy cheesy
see broke bottom nigga trying to feel like GEORGE W BUSH......thanks to the internet
Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by Blyss: 3:58pm On Feb 28, 2013
Ezemmuo_1: there is a big difference between you and blyss but it seems only you can't see it hence your quest to defend him.am sorry if i had lumped all AAs together with type blyss in the past.Anyways i know a large piece of land with spring water passing through it which is mine by inheritance(but i don't need it),you can hide there with all other good AAs for years and nobody including the government will know you are there running your own community.i know because i cant even trace the land by myself except with the help of some real old folks in the village(was there few times as a little boy).I think i have done my bit to help out,some1 from damaturu/maiduguri should please volunteer and do same for blyss and his gang.

LOL, is this a joke. Damaturu/Maiduguri area? LOL, yeah and be a prime target for BH; nice try... No, thanks. cheesy cheesy And beside, a piece has already been secured in Gabon.
Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by Blyss: 4:05pm On Feb 28, 2013
Ezemmuo_1: see broke bottom nigga trying to feel like GEORGE W BUSH......thanks to the internet

sure, the relationship between the natives and the BA wasn't peaches and cream, but the truth of the statement still stands as fact.
Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by MrsChima1(f): 3:47pm On Mar 01, 2013
MsDarkSkin:

Yup...the chronic of logic tongue
rolled up in swisher sweets grin

Hmm mmm. Let em go tell momma! angry angry
Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by MrsChima(f): 3:57pm On Mar 01, 2013
Blyss:

LOL, damn you were going HAM tonight. cheesy cheesy I like that. Keep up the good work, Camel.

That nigga dissed and sliced you so bad that YOU COMPLIMENTED HIM? What a dumbazz! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by MrsChima(f): 4:02pm On Mar 01, 2013
MsDarkSkin:

^^she doesn't live in compton... grin
and whites and mexicans live there as well. just saying.. tongue

You know damn well I live in Compton and Watts Projects! I live next door to Omo and Igwe! grin grin grin grin Hold on somebody is stuck on the elevator! grin grin grin grin
Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by MrsChima(f): 4:07pm On Mar 01, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: actually I really don't care about where that prostitu.te lives. undecided

Yeah right faggetho...if you didn't...why are you still ON MY NUTS? grin grin grin grin

You hungry nigga? tongue tongue tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (27)

Ahmed Dahiru Zungeru Is Dead (Seriki Hausa Of Ibadanland) / Children Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Olayiwola Adeyemi (Photos) / Erediauwa Picks The Name "Oba Ewuare ii"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.