Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:15 AM

Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. - Culture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. (40180 Views)

WELCOME TO AFRICA - 15 Funny Attributes That Suggest That You Might Be African / Do African Americans Have A Culture? / African-Americans And Their Igbo Roots (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (27) (Go Down)

Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by Nobody: 2:11pm On Feb 23, 2013
shady26: u don talk GBAM! B4 we maintain,now u con dey direct peson go yaba left.wit all dis bongo pidgin wey u dey spit u stil need ur own country 4?wen u fit pass for ijebu village gal,or u be one 4 real life con dey form AA make u for injure us?

Lol. Trust me, i no dey form. I speak pidgin because ive been on here trying to learn diferent cultures its more proof that i, MDARKSKIN, do not and never will see myself better than africans.

But i maintain AAs should they decide to go to africa, need their own community because everything takes time. It is impossible for them as a group to settle in an african nation and live as if everything is all good. This thread proves this. They havent even made the move yet and still you can see the hostility lmao. So...if they have their own settlement, become a strong nation as the other african countries around them will then integration would be easier. Its like discharging a prison inmate to society. They dont just let them loose...they put them in halway homes where they are given a place to stay, given a chance to work and builtpd for themselves...once they are good to go and meet the requirements, then they are ready to be freed into general population. Some end,u going back to prison and others stay out.

Well aas are the prisoners in this case. You cant expect them in a large group to go to any african nation and automatically adjust....they need to learn self reliance and,how to survive on their own.

When domesticated lions/animals are let,back into the wild they form their own prides before eventually joining other lions. wink and living as those before them did...*pops collar*

I just created my own proverb lmao.
Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by Nobody: 2:22pm On Feb 23, 2013
Nigermaurice: No African country will ever sell off to foreigners. So stay in your rightful homes in America or wherever.

Lol i guess ethiopia is not an african nation. grin

Aas and caribbeans literally signed up for removal of the italians ethiopia and many helped ethiopians fight the italians...that is,why selassie went to jamaica in 1962 and why he invited us and aas to live in ethiopia. Now why didnt many takeup his offer? Trust issues naturally.

http://www.tadias.com/08/24/2008/ethiopia-black-america-the-forgotten-story-of-melaku-robinson/

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shashamane%23Rastafari_and_Shashamane

The emperor donated acres of land for repatriates. grin
The attitudes of many africans have made these "repatriation" efforts in my opinion a waste. No need to be offended its just facts.
Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by Blyss: 4:02pm On Feb 23, 2013
andrewza:

Only problem is just about every regional power and sub regional power will tell them not to do it. Gabon is located close to the sourthern african power block. We do not want forghin influnce down here (notice no forghine milltary bases) and we are much more united than any other regional block in Africa. A untied effort by SADC will prevent any thing of this nature.

LOL, yeah.. we are all witnessing how well organized your shallow African regional organizations are right now as the US and France set up shop right in your (Nigeria) back yard via Mali and Niger, after such moves were agreed upon by ECOWAS states to not allow to take place. This is all just talk on my part, but I'm just pointing out just how easily a nation can be cracked out of an agreement in one of these blocks as you call them, but I say loos alliances.
Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by andrewza: 6:40pm On Feb 23, 2013
Blyss:

LOL, yeah.. we are all witnessing how well organized your shallow African regional organizations are right now as the US and France set up shop right in your (Nigeria) back yard via Mali and Niger, after such moves were agreed upon by ECOWAS states to not allow to take place. This is all just talk on my part, but I'm just pointing out just how easily a nation can be cracked out of an agreement in one of these blocks as you call them, but I say loos alliances.

I am a South African not Nigerian. If ECOWAS want to sell out that is there problem.

2 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by success9(m): 7:45pm On Feb 23, 2013
@blyss. If u want to hav it done, u must approach d AU...bt i doubt d possibility. Nigeria for instance refused to allow US build up a military base in neighbouring countries when d efforts to set it up in Nigeria failed. This idea could also be seen as that.

no country in my opinion will provide d sort of security u need...they are not even capable of providing security for themselves

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by MrsChima1(f): 10:52pm On Feb 23, 2013
MsDarkSkin:

When domesticated lions/animals are let,back into the wild they form their own prides before eventually joining other lions. wink and living as those before them did...*pops collar*

I just created my own proverb lmao.

You were smoking that ooohweee huh? grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by redsun(m): 11:49pm On Feb 23, 2013
For them to think of going to africa as separatist in itself is the highest form of mental slavery.Their going to africa is not for instant reward and "uppitism",but for them to work,integrate,sacrife,build,innovate,influence and claim their rightful place in nature in the midst of their own people that reasons along with them.

6 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by Nobody: 2:56am On Feb 24, 2013
Mrs..Chima:

You were smoking that ooohweee huh? grin grin grin grin grin

Yup...the chronic of logic tongue
rolled up in swisher sweets grin
Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by 419forlife: 12:08pm On Feb 24, 2013
tpia@:

who he's working for is what's not clear.

andrewza dem lol
Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by Nigermaurice(m): 4:10am On Feb 25, 2013
Bloody shame then, Selassie was deposed and is gone with Ethiopians among the most xenophobic of Africans, it's like you said no need to be offended it's just facts
MsDarkSkin:

Aas and caribbeans literally signed up for removal of the italians ethiopia and many helped ethiopians fight the italians...that is,why selassie went to jamaica in 1962 and why he invited us and aas to live in ethiopia. Now why didnt many takeup his offer? Trust issues naturally.

http://www.tadias.com/08/24/2008/ethiopia-black-america-the-forgotten-story-of-melaku-robinson/

The attitudes of many africans have made these "repatriation" efforts in my opinion a waste. No need to be offended its just facts.

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by Nigermaurice(m): 4:15am On Feb 25, 2013
Rest assure my fellow subSaharan, we're not that foolish. They'll assimilate or keep out.
andrewza:

I am a South African not Nigerian.If ECOWAS want to sell out that is there problem.

2 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by Nigermaurice(m): 4:21am On Feb 25, 2013
Dude, that's the US, other world powers don't mess with 'em so neither can we in issues that aren't life threatening. And I'm not opposed to repatriation but what you're asking for is too much. And how would you generate the funds to even begin dreaming of it.
Blyss:

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by Nigermaurice(m): 4:23am On Feb 25, 2013
And MsDarkskin, I like many a viewer here am not opposed to repatriation as I've informed the thread's author but seeking you're own state "void of Africans" as is frequently expressed is a demand too much and frankly, quite offensive. Peace
MsDarkSkin:

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by Blyss: 4:50am On Feb 25, 2013
andrewza:

I am a South African not Nigerian. If ECOWAS want to sell out that is there problem.

Yeah, yeah, yeah... tell me another story, but before you do, I'm gonna tell you this. Fuock with their supply of gold, Platnium and whatever else they get from you people down yonder, and I'll assure you that they'll be down there to put their foot in your azz. cheesy
Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by Blyss: 4:53am On Feb 25, 2013
MsDarkSkin:

Yup...the chronic of logic tongue
rolled up in swisher sweets grin

LOL. What you know about swisher sweets, school girl? smiley
Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by Blyss: 4:55am On Feb 25, 2013
Nigermaurice: Rest assure my fellow subSaharan, we're not that foolish. They'll assimilate or keep out.

There are many ways to skin a greedy, corrupt cat.
Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by Blyss: 4:59am On Feb 25, 2013
Nigermaurice: Dude, that's the US, other world powers don't mess with 'em so neither can we in issues that aren't life threatening. And I'm not opposed to repatriation but what you're asking for is too much. And how would you generate the funds to even begin dreaming of it.

LOL, don't worry about the ways and means, Ace. That's for us to know and for you to realize once the deed is done. wink
Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by andrewza: 5:10am On Feb 25, 2013
Blyss:

Yeah, yeah, yeah... tell me another story, but before you do, I'm gonna tell you this. Fuock with their supply of gold, Platnium and whatever else they get from you people down yonder, and I'll assure you that they'll be down there to put their foot in your azz. cheesy

No they won't.
Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by Nigermaurice(m): 6:49am On Feb 25, 2013
Not by Black Americans, no offence
Blyss:

There are many ways to skin a greedy, corrupt cat.
Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by Nigermaurice(m): 6:50am On Feb 25, 2013
I really don't think we're gonna realise it then if it depends on the deed's accomplishment.
Blyss:

LOL, don't worry about the ways and means, Ace. That's for us to know and for you to realize once the deed is done. wink
Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by pleep(m): 2:01pm On Feb 25, 2013
MsDarkSkin:

Dem jamaicans love East Africans
Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by Nobody: 9:35pm On Feb 25, 2013
Blyss:

LOL. What you know about swisher sweets, school girl? smiley

lol HELLO!!!!
i am half Jamaican sir!! grin

@Nigermaurice
please go back and read what i said.

smh.
Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by Nigermaurice(m): 11:36pm On Feb 25, 2013
So you have no intention to repatriate, that's fine. I was just saying what's on ground is impractical even if you did.
MsDarkSkin:

lol HELLO!!!!
i am half Jamaican sir!! grin

@Nigermaurice
please go back and read what i said.

smh.

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by pirate1: 2:55am On Feb 28, 2013
this seems like a bad idea. simply because african americans were kicked out of african and given to white people so their faces couldnt be seen again...going back to a place your not wanted is not cool and imploite to say the least...but what do i know...am a somali...

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by Nobody: 2:58am On Feb 28, 2013
We don't want you back. period
Out of 50 states you have no governors.
Your neighborhoods are sh.it hole
Try to manage a state first.
Last but not the least we will never forgive and forget what you did in liberia-Sierra leone which till now are Shi.t hole

Since there is no more traffic here I will end there.
*blame the fucking spam bot*

2 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by MrsChima1(f): 4:35am On Feb 28, 2013
Cameroon is a shithole and not much Akakas there. Oops.
Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by MrsChima1(f): 4:37am On Feb 28, 2013
Damn blyss what did u do to Liberia? !
Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by Blyss: 4:46am On Feb 28, 2013
Mrs..Chima:
Damn blyss what did u do to Liberia? !

We didn't do shit too it, other than build it up into what was while under our rule one of the strongest economic powers on the continent, and as is usually the case, once the natives went apes shiat, and took charge, it all crumbled to a wild lawless zoo of a nation. cheesy cheesy
Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by Nobody: 5:40am On Feb 28, 2013
Mrs..Chima:
Cameroon is a shithole and not much Akakas there. Oops.

Cameroon is far from a Shi.t hole
But yes compton is a sh.it hole guess what it is a black neighborhood.
You want me to go to st Louis? undecided
BTW bitch stop hating on my threads you dirty old hag scumbag, you lowlife stalker .I urinate and spit on u
Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by Nobody: 5:41am On Feb 28, 2013
@pirate1

yes that's true. but how could we go back to a place we have never been? tongue
i don't have any ties to africa personally. i just know a long time ago my ancestors lived there.

Blyss:

We didn't do shit too it, other than build it up into what was while under our rule one of the strongest economic powers on the continent, and as is usually the case, once the natives went apes shiat, and took charge, it all crumbled to a wild lawless zoo of a nation. cheesy cheesy

that is true. not to downplay the americo liberian involvement..because they did fck up. tongue
but once the natives got into office, tribalism became rampant. it's crazy what happened mehn.
Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by Nobody: 5:42am On Feb 28, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: Cameroon is far from a Shi.t hole
But yes compton is a sh.it hole guess what it is a black neighborhood.
You want me to go to st Louis? undecided
BTW bitch stop hating on my threads you dirty old hag scumbag, you lowlife stalker .I urinate and spit on u

^^she doesn't live in compton... grin
and whites and mexicans live there as well. just saying.. tongue
Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by Nobody: 5:43am On Feb 28, 2013
Blyss:

look at him disrespecting native African yet you want to settle on our land shocked
Guess what ain't going to happen our ancestors didn't sell criminals like u for us to take you back. Over 400 years in a country yet you have no governors and all your neighborhoods are nothing to write home about

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (27)

Arugba Appears As Osun Osogbo Festival Hots Up / 5 Nigerian Monarchs That Own A Rolls Royce (see Photos) / Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.