Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,408 members, 7,822,885 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:41 PM

Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. (40230 Views)

WELCOME TO AFRICA - 15 Funny Attributes That Suggest That You Might Be African / Do African Americans Have A Culture? / African-Americans And Their Igbo Roots (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Go Down)

Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by RedLight1: 11:59am On Feb 22, 2013
Blyss:

There's absolutely no desire to obtain land from Nigeria. It's too crowded and, extremist.
like michael said the other time... U begining to sound like a troll... crowded, extremist? Nahh.. There is enough land to for the people... Extremist nahh! I would rather use wise... We nigerians are too wise to welcome such dumb idea of forming a country withing our territory... May be other african countries will lick a negro like u's butt... But definately not nigerians
Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by prettyboi1(m): 3:15pm On Feb 22, 2013
Blyss:

Sure, no problem. Once the land is handed over the Afrocentric and the non-Afrocentric will both help in that process, from an independent Black-American nation. Any natives whom live on the obtained land can stay in the new nation as full fledged citizens, but other outsiders may obtain citizenship upon very limited circumstances, this doesn't mean that you cant come and visit, or do business there, but rather simply that you can't obtain citizenship. I don't see why you'all are so against this.

This is a far better explanation & this is far more close to reality. At least,natives of the given land remain full-fledged citizens & outsiders can come in but with due processes. That's more like it. It's more reasonable because for instance,even though I'm also black & African, I can't just stroll into Ghana or any other African country besides my home-country without following the right procedures (Visas,passports etc) just because " I'm black or African." I can do that in my home-country & nothing would happen cos I'm a national & that's more or less my right. Bro,alhough your proposal will never ever see the light of day,but this particular post of yours is more reasonable & less selfish & is closer to reality than all the other AA posts on this thread.
Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by prettyboi1(m): 3:21pm On Feb 22, 2013
Red-Light:
Lovely smiley .. The idea of seperate country cannot even work
I agree with you bro,that's a far better idea.
Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by Blyss: 5:03pm On Feb 22, 2013
pretty_boi:

This is a far better explanation & this is far more close to reality. At least,natives of the given land remain full-fledged citizens & outsiders can come in but with due processes. That's more like it. It's more reasonable because for instance,even though I'm also black & African, I can't just stroll into Ghana or any other African country besides my home-country without following the right procedures (Visas,passports etc) just because " I'm black or African." I can do that in my home-country & nothing would happen cos I'm a national & that's more or less my right. Bro,alhough your proposal will never ever see the light of day,but this particular post of yours is more reasonable & less selfish & is closer to reality than all the other AA posts on this thread.

Your probably right, but I think that it might be possible, based on the number of wayward governments on that continent and discontented ethnic citizens under their rule. A financial and economical offer to a backward gov. body likely wont refuse in connection with a favorable offer of a much better life, to a select people on a select piece of land under the rule of such a gov. With the proper angle and presentation from the AA side, it'll be fruitful. I'm not talking about some huge swath of land, even a small piece, say the size of Sierra Leon, hell even the size of Lesotho or Swaziland would do for reference. Arid land is ok as well, as long as it's connected to the coast or main water source, the nation will simply arrogate it.
Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by shady26(m): 6:10pm On Feb 22, 2013
Blyss:

Yeah, they'r talking about being proud to be African while at the same time totaling imitating Diasporas, BA and Caribbeans to be exact. Hilarious, stuff. cheesy
don'nt be silly,most street and less enlightened touts all over the world africa included naturally imitate their brothers among AAs mostly cos they share a lot in common.and also for your information,Africans mostly love and admire their AA brothers until they get to meet them for real like Usher comming to nigeria and saying afro women smell,that tout rickross doing an obnoxious video of poor african children running after his money,50kobo getting into a fight with a local artists...and the list goes on(you comming on nairaland with your insulting propositions).then reality dawns on most that these guys have so been beaten up with a slavery,they don'nt know what it means to love and be proud of your father before your friends on your college graduation day though he came dressed in rags.Africa is not there yet for many reasons not unconnected to the west,but a real african always has his head above his shoulders,no apologies to anybody why i am the way i am,it's my life.anyways no need for the fights,if we can'nt love and accept each other,let's please respect the distance(Atlantic Ocean)between us cause we sure need it.

4 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by andrewza: 6:19pm On Feb 22, 2013
Blyss:

Your probably right, but I think that it might be possible, based on the number of wayward governments on that continent and discontented ethnic citizens under their rule. A financial and economical offer to a backward gov. body likely wont refuse in connection with a favorable offer of a much better life, to a select people on a select piece of land under the rule of such a gov. With the proper angle and presentation from the AA side, it'll be fruitful. I'm not talking about some huge swath of land, even a small piece, say the size of Sierra Leon, hell even the size of Lesotho or Swaziland would do for reference. Arid land is ok as well, as long as it's connected to the coast or main water source, the nation will simply arrogate it.

You seem to think you just need to buy it from one african country. Let's say you tried that with the DRC and they accepted. I doubt any of the other counties in the region would a nor would there citzensens. Any goverment that sold the land would not be in power long enough to sighn the pappers. I know if my goverment tried that I would be bound by my Code of conduct. Any SA presdent that dose that will be a threat to the people and country and would not last long.

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by 419forlife: 8:18pm On Feb 22, 2013
e be like say jaguda plenty dem jare i dey see dem masquerade gubmen spy
Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by igbo2011(m): 9:10pm On Feb 22, 2013
Blyss:

Sure, no problem. Once the land is handed over the Afrocentric and the non-Afrocentric will both help in that process, from an independent Black-American nation. Any natives whom live on the obtained land can stay in the new nation as full fledged citizens, but other outsiders may obtain citizenship upon very limited circumstances, this doesn't mean that you cant come and visit, or do business there, but rather simply that you can't obtain citizenship. I don't see why you'all are so against this.

I only want militant afrocentrics in Africa no self haters!!

4 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by Nobody: 10:17pm On Feb 22, 2013
Blyss:

Yeah, they'r talking about being proud to be African while at the same time totaling imitating Diasporas, BA and Caribbeans to be exact. Hilarious, stuff. cheesy

Gbam.
Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by Nobody: 10:22pm On Feb 22, 2013
Blyss:

You've said all that needed to be said, beyond that in which I've said. I'd go into detail about what I think of the threats, insults and fiendish demands that any such nation MUST allow them to live there, or that we shouldn't want to live under our own rule in our own nation, but there's not need. Their behavior right here on this thread further exemplifies some of the exact reasons why many would not want them to be allowed citizenship there, not to mention a brief skim through the politics section, but I've rested my case on this topic and will move on to another topic soon. Stay tuned for my next new hotness. smiley

i feel u. smiley
Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by olugirl(f): 11:05pm On Feb 22, 2013
You guys are jokers. Read the OP post again and if it wasn't so insulting it actually could be hilarious. Please if you want to carve out space in DRC, go look for DRC land to post in, this is nairaland. You are still not confused about African countries are you?

Why do you AAs always thrive on discord? Go to ur blogs and Africans don't come to cause strife but on any Nigeria blogs you see westerners black and white spewing out nonsense, you seem so paranoid and scared of our progress. Yes African countries typically have a bad rep but any reasonable person knows that it was all due to western propaganda and brainwashing and while we are not there yet. We have def moved forward.

Would not bother replying to msdarkskin, you saying you are out of ths thread but coming back to comment SIX shocked times after that kinda proves my point about AAs being trouble makers. With ur rep in America, we do not want you! Lol

3 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by Amya(f): 11:25pm On Feb 22, 2013
Now, why does George Orwell's 'The animal farm' come to mind.

When the time comes when people of the same race have a sect that believe they are actually better than the others, then we should know we are all doomed.

6 Likes

Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by Blyss: 11:30pm On Feb 22, 2013
olugirl: You guys are jokers. Read the OP post again and if it wasn't so insulting it actually could be hilarious. Please if you want to carve out space in DRC, go look for DRC land to post in, this is nairaland. You are still not confused about African countries are you?

Why do you AAs always thrive on discord? Go to ur blogs and Africans don't come to cause strife but on any Nigeria blogs you see westerners black and white spewing out nonsense, you seem so paranoid and scared of our progress. Yes African countries typically have a bad rep but any reasonable person knows that it was all due to western propaganda and brainwashing and while we are not there yet. We have def moved forward.

Would not bother replying to msdarkskin, you saying you are out of ths thread but coming back to comment SIX shocked times after that kinda proves my point about AAs being trouble makers. With ur rep in America, we do not want you! Lol

What about the original post did you find so insulting?
Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by success9(m): 11:53pm On Feb 22, 2013
i love tot trust people but i dont think i will on this one...blyss could b anything. His tots can b antisocial or for advancement but definitely ill-timed.

I think blyss should go to a forum where central africans meet to introduce his tots for a start and let us see...

If CAR will accept, i am sure neighbours DRC will not. They will c as americans comin to build a house. U know what happens when devil sells u a house bt retains ownership of d door? E can com and hang a filth of a dead bitch on it. And at that time...u are doomed.

I am not sure I have com to a full understandin as to why blyss needs this resettlement...very unneceesary. If e so badly nids relocation, SA is a viable option. Make e no b lyk sey without im & im ppl, naija no go breath

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by Blyss: 12:51am On Feb 23, 2013
success_07: i love tot trust people but i dont think i will on this one...blyss could b anything. His tots can b antisocial or for advancement but definitely ill-timed.

I think blyss should go to a forum where central africans meet to introduce his tots for a start and let us see...

If CAR will accept, i am sure neighbours DRC will not. They will c as americans comin to build a house. U know what happens when devil sells u a house bt retains ownership of d door? E can com and hang a filth of a dead bitch on it. And at that time...u are doomed.

I am not sure I have com to a full understandin as to why blyss needs this resettlement...very unneceesary. If e so badly nids relocation, SA is a viable option. Make e no b lyk sey without im & im ppl, naija no go breath

CAR and DRC are not the only nations in the region you know. There's one in which I believe would be a much more willing participant.
Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by andrewza: 1:01am On Feb 23, 2013
Blyss:

CAR and DRC are not the only nations in the region you know. There's one in which I believe would be a much more willing participant.

Name one.

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by Nobody: 1:30am On Feb 23, 2013
lol @ this oluchick...i respond after saying i am leaving TO people who wrote me yet she claims she won't respond to me AFTER she already did. lol. This character, she fails miserably to realize everything i said about her is in fact true. She is the mirror image of any bad seed AA on our side. She says african stereotypes are JUST STEREOTYPES created and forced down our throats by the white man yet this girl still proceeded to cosign to their stereotypes about AAs. Ok!!

Lady, One can't want what does not want them...(think about that). i believe he said central africa (not your village) and if you want to claim i am jealous of anyone's progress please, check into yabba left dearie because you are not well. I am a congratulator, never a hater. Know that.

Now poof!
Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by Nobody: 1:42am On Feb 23, 2013
Amya: Now, why does George Orwell's 'The animal farm' come to mind.

When the time comes when people of the same race have a sect that believe they are actually better than the others, then we should know we are all doomed.

very true.
you have people like that on BOTH sides.

Sadly they are plenty in number. But when those who are not at all like any of "them" decide to rub minds and understand one another..you can always count one or some of "them" to come and throw salt in the game....this thread is a classic example!!
Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by Blyss: 1:45am On Feb 23, 2013
andrewza:

Name one.

Gabon and the ROC. smiley
Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by andrewza: 1:54am On Feb 23, 2013
Blyss:

Gabon and the ROC. smiley

And why would either agree to this deal.

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by Blyss: 2:12am On Feb 23, 2013
andrewza:

And why would either agree to this deal.

Several reasons in which I care not to discuss. smiley
Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by andrewza: 2:27am On Feb 23, 2013
Blyss:

So none then.

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by Nigermaurice(m): 3:17am On Feb 23, 2013
Fair enough.
Mrs..Chima:

whether they have the right to return or not...I don't see why would they waste their time and for what?

Just saying.
Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by Nigermaurice(m): 4:23am On Feb 23, 2013
No African country will ever sell off to foreigners. So stay in your rightful homes in America or wherever.
Blyss: I personally know of many well off Black-Americans and Afro-Caribbeans who have stated that they wouldn't mind moving their families and business operations to Africa and this includes me as well, but one major hang up is a strong lack of acceptance to live under African rule. Now you can call this bigoted or hateful in some other fashion, but in all reality the majority of the reasoning expressed in regard to the issue, were not so much bigoted as apposed to being simply being of a mind set of wanting to fully control the surroundings of their operations.

They basically want to gather up a congregation of middle and upper class black diaspora and buy out a large stretch land from, let say Angola or the DR. Congo, with an agreement for the said land to be fully liberated into the control of the group, to stand as their own independent nation, void of any African natives . They'll bring their money, businesses and such to this land and basically turn it into a progressive utopia of their life back in the Americas.

I mentioned this to a few Africans I associate with, and they found this highly offensive, for various reasons. But I'd like to know what you'all think of such a desire or plan.
Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:56am On Feb 23, 2013
Blyss:

she means to say, the Gabonese,etc are weak people and they plan to take them by force.

1 Like

Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by Blyss: 9:15am On Feb 23, 2013
Nigermaurice: No African country will ever sell off to foreigners. So stay in your rightful homes in America or wherever.

We'll see. Time will tell.
Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by Blyss: 9:29am On Feb 23, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

she means to say, the Gabonese,etc are weak people and they plan to take them by force.

Force? Nah, not necessary. Just the right means at the right time. I like the Gabonese people, I've not met many but of those I've had the pleasure of meeting, I can tell you that they are very much the type of gracious and levelheaded people that'll take on such a historical offer when the time is right, for the benefit of their nation and the Diaspora who seek an independent nation in Africa. It's a wonderful location for such a partnership to take place on the continent.
Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by 419forlife: 10:58am On Feb 23, 2013
olugirl: You guys are jokers. Africans don't come to cause strife but on any Nigeria blogs you see westerners black and white spewing out nonsense, you seem so paranoid and scared of our progress.

pagan 9jA blyss dem gubmen spy lol
Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by 419forlife: 10:58am On Feb 23, 2013
i dey fear dem gon parachute dem gubmen troop
Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by shady26(m): 11:09am On Feb 23, 2013
MsDarkSkin: lol @ this oluchick...i respond after saying i am leaving TO people who wrote me yet she claims she won't respond to me AFTER she already did. lol. This character, she fails miserably to realize everything i said about her is in fact true. She is the mirror image of any bad seed AA on our side. She says african stereotypes are JUST STEREOTYPES created and forced down our throats by the white man yet this girl still proceeded to cosign to their stereotypes about AAs. Ok!!

Lady, One can't want what does not want them...(think about that). i believe he said central africa (not your village) and if you want to claim i am jealous of anyone's progress please, check into yabba left dearie because you are not well. I am a congratulator, never a hater. Know that.

Now poof!

u don talk GBAM! B4 we maintain,now u con dey direct peson go yaba left.wit all dis bongo pidgin wey u dey spit u stil need ur own country 4?wen u fit pass for ijebu village gal,or u be one 4 real life con dey form AA make u for injure us?
Re: Your Thoughts On African Americans Moving Back To Africa. by andrewza: 11:18am On Feb 23, 2013
Blyss:

Force? Nah, not necessary. Just the right means at the right time. I like the Gabonese people, I've not met many but of those I've had the pleasure of meeting, I can tell you that they are very much the type of gracious and levelheaded people that'll take on such a historical offer when the time is right, for the benefit of their nation and the Diaspora who seek an independent nation in Africa. It's a wonderful location for such a partnership to take place on the continent.

Only problem is just about every regional power and sub regional power will tell them not to do it. Gabon is located close to the sourthern african power block. We do not want forghin influnce down here (notice no forghine milltary bases) and we are much more united than any other regional block in Africa. A untied effort by SADC will prevent any thing of this nature.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27)

Arugba Appears As Osun Osogbo Festival Hots Up / 5 Nigerian Monarchs That Own A Rolls Royce (see Photos) / Dele Momodu Confirms Ooni Of Ife's Marriage To Olori Wuraola Crash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.