Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,207 members, 7,842,529 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 10:05 AM

Best Way To Correct Children - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Best Way To Correct Children (10897 Views)

I Tried To Correct Her, What I Got Were Three Slaps, Husband Tells Court / Is This The Best Way To Correct A Child Misconduct? / Best Way to Punish Kids? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Way To Correct Children by Nobody: 9:06pm On Feb 16, 2013
jidegirl12: Sagamite, I just can't wait till you finally marry and have your own kids , I'm willing to risk my identity to meet them then , your own na something else with your unborn children. I will be here inshallah cool 5years tops? Maybe?

You dey mind textbook daddy grin I bet nucca's gon' one of those soft touch daddies that's forever smothering their kids with wet kisses grin
Re: Best Way To Correct Children by Sagamite(m): 9:12pm On Feb 16, 2013
naijababe:

You dey mind textbook daddy grin I bet nucca's gon' one of those soft touch daddies that's forever smothering their kids with wet kisses grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Only when they are 2 to about 8 years old. grin

If they are older and they are too stubborn without showing sense? Hmmm................. angry
Re: Best Way To Correct Children by Nobody: 9:13pm On Feb 16, 2013
Sagamite:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Only when they are 2 to about 8 years old. grin

If they are older and they are too stubborn without showing sense? Hmmm................. angry

Yeah right! Angry smileys will do you a lot of good then grin
Re: Best Way To Correct Children by Nobody: 9:14pm On Feb 16, 2013
naijababe:

I dey watch now, sebi na jand he dey ? Okay now.
If I raise my hand up alone , my second child will faint for sure and she's the most troublesome among them all embarassed send her in timeout , she'll be shaking like a leaf. so I chose the time out punishment ( don't want any kid die in my watch), kids are not the same. But Sagamite thinks one size fits all.
Re: Best Way To Correct Children by Nobody: 9:18pm On Feb 16, 2013
jidegirl12:

If I raise my hand up alone , my second child will faint for sure and she's the most troublesome among them all embarassed send her in timeout , she'll be shaking like a leaf. so I chose the time out punishment ( don't want any kid die in my watch), kids are not the same. But Sagamite thinks one size fits all.

And this is the point. The odd smack keeps my daughter in shape but does nada for my 3 year old son that I have stopped. Dude is so headstrong it's beyond belief sad , na to enter praying and fasting to bind spirit of stubbornness now.
Re: Best Way To Correct Children by Sagamite(m): 9:18pm On Feb 16, 2013
jidegirl12:

Olodo rabata, oju eja lo mor je

Oni lo'we mor, silati lo ma lo

https://www.nairaland.com/1194195/best-way-correct-children/1#14300154
Re: Best Way To Correct Children by Nobody: 9:27pm On Feb 16, 2013
Sagamite:

Olodo rabata, oju eja lo mor je

Oni lowe mor, silati lo ma lo

https://www.nairaland.com/1194195/best-way-correct-children/1#14300154

Call me whatever grin , You know what I meant in that context. I dey wait for una cool leave story man.

@ naijababe, exactly what I'm talking about , she will turn purple sef,( very light skin) what will I say at the emergency? lipsrsealed Nevertheless , I really still don't believe in smacking, what's the message really? they're animals / Africans? different from their peers when it comes to discipline?
I just don't get it.
Re: Best Way To Correct Children by debosky(m): 9:28pm On Feb 16, 2013
The best way is the way which is most effective in producing the desired effect. That will depend on your own orientation/temperament, your child's temperament, age, upbringing and social environment, and other external factors.

I don't accept the odds of corporal punishment being superior to other methods - without controlling for the above factors - social environment, temperament, parenting skill, etc. There is little weight that can be placed against such a simplistic conclusion of one versus the other.

Many of those blithely saying 'the white people' don't even have any firsthand experience of how 'the white people' raise their kids and vice versa.

Even with all the 'kind' raising of kids, there are still more hooligans in Lagos than in most major 'white people' cities. Go figure. grin
Re: Best Way To Correct Children by Nobody: 9:36pm On Feb 16, 2013
debosky:
Even with all the 'kind' raising of kids, there are still more hooligans in Lagos than in most major 'white people' cities. Go figure. grin

No mind them.
Wonder why we raise brows and hell break whenever men hit women or vice versa ? Oh they're grown ups and kids are minors undecided and that makes it okay ? I'm getting pissed off already.
Re: Best Way To Correct Children by Sagamite(m): 9:40pm On Feb 16, 2013
debosky: The best way is the way which is most effective in producing the desired effect. That will depend on your own orientation/temperament, your child's temperament, age, upbringing and social environment, and other external factors.

I don't accept the odds of corporal punishment being superior to other methods - without controlling for the above factors - social environment, temperament, parenting skill, etc. There is little weight that can be placed against such a simplistic conclusion of one versus the other.

Many of those blithely saying 'the white people' don't even have any firsthand experience of how 'the white people' raise their kids and vice versa.

Make I correct your perception.

What I said was:

Having the option of corporal punishment, being able to employ it and employing it at times generates superior outcomes on average than an approach that never sees corporal punishment as an option.

Not:

Using corporal punishment generates superior outcomes to no corporal punishment.

The hooligans in lagos are largely because of economic disadvantage, lack of local provisions of policing and reliable judicial systems.

If you are not monitored and made aware of consequences, you will behave as you wish.

If you cannot rely on the system (police and courts) to actively, fairly and efficiently handle your heated grievances with another person, you will handle it yourself ................with your fists especially where there is no consequence for doing such.

https://www.nairaland.com/1118061/buharis-first-daughter-zulai-dead/9#14263278
Re: Best Way To Correct Children by Nobody: 9:41pm On Feb 16, 2013
Sagamite:

The screaming would not kill him and it will leave a lasting and more effective impression of wrong-doing.

Neither will the screaming damage him for life.

But when a grown up screams from smacking we yell ABUSE? Sagamite watch it man. cool
Re: Best Way To Correct Children by Sagamite(m): 9:43pm On Feb 16, 2013
jidegirl12:

But when a grown up screams from smacking we yell ABUSE? Sagamite watch it man. cool

Huh?

Do you even get the context of that gist before you commented on it? grin
Re: Best Way To Correct Children by debosky(m): 9:48pm On Feb 16, 2013
Sagamite:

Make I correct your perception.

What I said was:

Having the option of corporal punishment, being able to employ it and employing it at times generates superior outcomes on average than an approach that never sees corporal punishment as an option.

Not:

Using corporal punishment generates superior outcomes to no corporal punishment.

Ok. Corporal punishment is still an option in many western societies isn't it?

The hooligans in lagos are largely because of economic disadvantage, lack of local provisions of policing and reliable judicial systems.

If you are not monitored and made aware of consequences, you will behave as you wish.

No arguments there, which goes back to my point about controlling for those external factors that may render a 'preferred' parenting style ineffective.
Re: Best Way To Correct Children by Nobody: 9:52pm On Feb 16, 2013
Sagamite:

Huh?

Do you even get the context of that gist before you commented on it? grin

You mean the mom screaming at her son for doing whatever? I know.
Fact that I mentioned 'smacking' in my post doesn't mean I didn't get the context grin
Just find it offensive screaming instead of talking to a child with expression.
Re: Best Way To Correct Children by Sagamite(m): 9:52pm On Feb 16, 2013
debosky:

Ok. Corporal punishment is still an option in many western societies isn't it?

Not really.

Especially as the kids hit pubescence and considering an overly zealous, jobsworth, but-yet-powerful social services.

The law knocked it into a coma while pretending it is still there.
Re: Best Way To Correct Children by Sagamite(m): 9:58pm On Feb 16, 2013
jidegirl12:

You mean the mom screaming at her son for doing whatever? I know.
Fact that I mentioned 'smacking' in my post doesn't mean I didn't get the context grin
Just find it offensive screaming instead of talking to a child with expression.

Sometimes screaming might be expedient and just the apt tool.

It is not everytime you use it but it is not a crime to use it, it will not kill the child or damage the child.

Funky people tend to throw a lot of guttural "facts" cheesy which have little-to-no basis and which really does not stand up to easy tests.

There will be times I will shout on my kids. There will be times I will sit down and use persuasion based on my assessment of need and effect.

For someone to tell me I need to be funky and only talk all the time is what I find a joke. I am not funky. Mo funky rara.
Re: Best Way To Correct Children by Nobody: 10:03pm On Feb 16, 2013
Okay. Mo funky gon! Infact I'm the funkiest momma cheesy
We shall see when those kids are here cool
Re: Best Way To Correct Children by Sagamite(m): 10:21am On Mar 05, 2013
I am an intellectual genius.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21665319

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21654738

My prescience and analytical capabilities is really in the realm of Gods.

Sagamite:
If you cannot rely on the system (police and courts) to actively, fairly and efficiently handle your heated grievances with another person, you will handle it yourself ................with your fists especially where there is no consequence for doing such.

https://www.nairaland.com/1118061/buharis-first-daughter-zulai-dead/9#14263278
Re: Best Way To Correct Children by Blackteeth(m): 10:38am On Mar 05, 2013
Sagamite: I am an intellectual genius.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21665319

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21654738

My prescience and analytical capabilities is really in the realm of Gods.

MUMU. After exposing your WACK intellectual genius in the previous thread, you ran away and still came here to boast. angry
Re: Best Way To Correct Children by Sagamite(m): 1:13pm On Mar 05, 2013
Blackteeth:
MUMU. After exposing your WACK intellectual genius in the previous thread, you ran away and still came here to boast. angry

You are a person!

I love your foolhardiness. It makes me feel less guilty of torturing the mentally challenged when cutting and dicing you.

Cretin open a thread on the selecting leaders is easy and let me slaughter you.

Inform me of the thread when you do. DON'T RUN!
Re: Best Way To Correct Children by Blackteeth(m): 3:10pm On Mar 05, 2013
Sagamite:

You are a person!

I love your foolhardiness. It makes me feel less guilty of torturing the mentally challenged when cutting and dicing you.

Cretin open a thread on the selecting leaders is easy and let me slaughter you.

Inform me of the thread when you do. DON'T RUN!

FOOL. Why didnt you slaughter me in the other thread or better still do it here, and now you are looking for a fresh thread to spill your nonsense fake intellectuals. What a lame excuse!!!. If am a person then you must be a FULL person >>>>>> FOOLFUCKTARD. grin
Re: Best Way To Correct Children by Sagamite(m): 4:59pm On Mar 05, 2013
Blackteeth:
FOOL. Why didnt you slaughter me in the other thread or better still do it here, and now you are looking for a fresh thread to spill your nonsense fake intellectuals. What a lame excuse!!!. If am a person then you must be a FULL person >>>>>> FOOLFUCKTARD. grin

You are a person!

Go and open a new thread, let me continue and finish the slaughtering there. Don't be derailing threads and have my intellectual posts educating you be deleted.

I am also wicked enough to make sure when I clump fucktards like you, I leave a lasting trail to permanently terrorise you like this:

https://www.nairaland.com/584507/every-human-being-almost-equally

That is how I slaughter your moronic, dumb arsse. Let me slice and dice you a bit more to reinforce the knowledge I gave you that you are dumb. You finally realise it.

Pussyclat, open a new thread and let me enjoy myself slaughtering you.
Re: Best Way To Correct Children by Blackteeth(m): 5:40pm On Mar 05, 2013
Sagamite:

You are a person!

Go and open a new thread, let me continue and finish the slaughtering there. Don't be derailing threads and have my intellectual posts educating you be deleted.

I am also wicked enough to make sure when I clump fucktards like you, I leave a lasting trail to permanently terrorise you like this:

https://www.nairaland.com/584507/every-human-being-almost-equally

That is how I slaughter your moronic, dumb arsse. Let me slice and dice you a bit more to reinforce the knowledge I gave you that you are dumb. You finally realise it.

Pussyclat, open a new thread and let me enjoy myself slaughtering you.

lol. Why do you keep going back to that first clash we had after you failed to prove me wrong? You are crazy!!!
Alright, I will take up your challenge to open the new thread and I shall see what you are boasting about to slaughter me.
I will open the thread. When am through I will post the link here for you to move in your stinky arse and prove yourself by slaughtering me. FOR YOUR INFORMATION, DO NOT USE OBSCENE WORDS AS A TOUT THAT YOU ARE, OR ELSE THE MODS WILL CLOSE THE THREAD OR HIDE YOUR POSTS.
Re: Best Way To Correct Children by Sagamite(m): 5:59pm On Mar 05, 2013
Blackteeth:
lol. Why do you keep going back to that first clash we had after you failed to prove me wrong? You are crazy!!!
Alright, I will take up your challenge to open the new thread and I shall see what you are boasting about to slaughter me.
I will open the thread. When am through I will post the link here for you to move in your stinky arse and prove yourself by slaughtering me. FOR YOUR INFORMATION, DO NOT USE OBSCENE WORDS AS A TOUT THAT YOU ARE, OR ELSE THE MODS WILL CLOSE THE THREAD OR HIDE YOUR POSTS.

person, please make my day. grin
Re: Best Way To Correct Children by Blackteeth(m): 6:43pm On Mar 05, 2013
Sagamite:

person, please make my day. grin

Here is the thread you want. I await my slaughtering since you want blood.
https://www.nairaland.com/1215874/dumb-people-should-not-allowed#14615330

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

9 Reasons Dad Should Also Take Paternity Leave! / Husband and Wife in the same Profession? / Ladies Who Hold On To Their Father's Surname In Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.