Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,566 members, 7,955,101 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:56 PM

Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy - Islam for Muslims (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy (48473 Views)

18 Ways To Love Your Husband / 81 Ways To Win Your Husband's Love / Muslims! How Long Will You Be Searching Lail-al-qadr? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by Nobody: 11:42pm On Mar 03, 2013
Ok. Thanks for the reply.

I am interested in knowing what deols' opinion is.
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by deols(f): 12:24pm On Mar 04, 2013
sissie said it right except for where she mentions the 50-50. It kinda contradicts d her money is her money part.

I particularly like the part where she says his money is their money and her money is her money.

There are instances where a woman earns more than her husband, so far she is married to him, he is still the head.

being the head is by virtue of what differentiates a woman from a man in the real sense of it rather than the financial buoyance or muscle flexing and extending tendencies.

The man MUST make every effort 2 protect, provide and care for his family-with that he'd naturally fit into d position of the head.
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by Sissie(f): 2:19pm On Mar 04, 2013
deols: sissie said it right except for where she mentions the 50-50. It kinda contradicts d her money is her money part.

I particularly like the part where she says his money is their money and her money is her money.

There are instances where a woman earns more than her husband, so far she is married to him, he is still the head.

being the head is by virtue of what differentiates a woman from a man in the real sense of it rather than the financial buoyance or muscle flexing and extending tendencies.

The man MUST make every effort 2 protect, provide and care for his family-with that he'd naturally fit into d position of the head.

It's not contradicting, you probably didn't understand what I was saying,
Fellis wrote what if they both contribute 50/50, and I was explaining due to certain situations a wife and husband can share the bills of the family, but this has to b her free will, and he has to persuade her, not that because they both earn salary hence she must take part of the financial situation, hence the your money our money and her money her money, saying. Their are situations where a man earns enough money to take care of the family completely,but refuse to do so because their wife's work and earn money and make it compulsory on her, now this is wrong, because ideally its not the woman's responsibility to provide for her family, its the husbands.
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by Sissie(f): 2:23pm On Mar 04, 2013
It's not contradicting, you probably didn't understand what I was saying,
Fellis wrote what if they both contribute 50/50, and I was explaining due to certain situations, or the quest to live a much more buoyant life than the husband can afford, a wife and husband can share the bills of the family, but this has to b her free will, and he has to persuade her, not that because they both earn salary hence she must take part of the financial issues situation, hence the your money our money and hr money, saying. Their are situations where a man earns enough money to take care of the family completely,but refuse to do so because their wife's work and earn money and make it compulsory on her, now this is wrong, because ideally its not the woman's responsibility to provide for her family, its the husbands, and a man must strive to provide for his family 100%.
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by deols(f): 3:43pm On Mar 04, 2013
ok
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by Nobody: 8:13pm On Mar 04, 2013
Thanks for the reply @ sissy mac and deols.
Ok.

Sissy: You protect them physically and psychological. And he sustains her from what he is earning, which means if they both contribute 50/50 he still sustains her witin his means, really she can decide to live on his 50% only , that doesn't diminish her obedience towards him.but if he an can support his wife 100% he shuld and don't say his wife workin and must support herself, (his money is their money, her money is her money). And if he doesn't earn money and she supports the family, she is obedient because he still protects his family. The obedience and submission isn't based only on financial means, a man has his duty and responsibility to his family.

deols:

If I understand you, I think what you are trying to say is that men should be the head of the house regardless of whether the man is 100% in support of the family and regardless of whether the man is offering protection to the wife.
And also that women should be obedient at all times even if the husband is not fully in charge of financial responsibilities or physical protection,not so? I just want to get your point clearly. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Are you saying the man is by default the head of the house even if he does not fulfill the criteria in the verse?
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by deols(f): 9:03pm On Mar 04, 2013
Yes by default he is d head.

I then make attempts to elaborate how much d wife has a choice in determining who becomes the head in her home. with her 'I do' , she is subject to his leadership.

Earlier on the thread, my.points were directed at the man being wise as he takes on this leadership role.
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by Sissie(f): 9:30pm On Mar 04, 2013
fellis: Thanks for the reply @ sissy mac and deols.
Ok.

If I understand you, I think what you are trying to say is that men should be the head of the house regardless of whether the man is 100% in support of the family and regardless of whether the man is offering protection to the wife.
And also that women should be obedient at all times even if the husband is not fully in charge of financial responsibilities or physical protection,not so? I just want to get your point clearly. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Are you saying the man is by default the head of the house even if he does not fulfill the criteria in the verse?
Thus is a tricky question, I will try to ans, when you say not fully and not 100% percent this means he still fulfills his responsibility to an extent here clearly he is the head and she has to obey, if its 0 then its a different situation. It says women should be devoutly obedient, this is different from blind obedience, which means if her husband tells her to do something that's against Islam I.e haram, she can't do it, COS IS she has to fear Allah, b4 d husband.
If the husband doesn't fulfil even if its 1% of his duties, now questions are asked, based on what is the reasons for this, his he sick or invalid and can't protect or sustain, or did he travel and the family didn't hear from him.
Or his he physically ok and has just abandoned his family n he isn't providing.
Theirs ideal situation, and at times ideal situations aren't always reality, if this questions are answered then further explanations can be given.
Because the same verse says "therefore the righteous women are devoutly obedient to Allah and to their husbands.
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by Sissie(f): 9:55pm On Mar 04, 2013
Sissie:
Thus is a tricky question, I will try to ans, when you say not fully and not 100% percent this means he still fulfills his responsibility to an extent here clearly he is the head and she has to obey, if its 0 then its a different situation. It says women should be devoutly obedient, this is different from blind obedience, which means if her husband tells her to do something that's against Islam I.e haram, she can't do it, COS IS she has to fear Allah, b4 d husband.
If the husband doesn't fulfil even if its upto a certain % of his duties, now questions are asked, based on what is the reasons for this, his he sick or invalid and can't protect or sustain, or did he travel and the family didn't hear from him.
Or his he physically ok and has just abandoned his family n he isn't providing.
Theirs ideal situation, and at times ideal situations aren't always reality, if this questions are answered then further explanations can be given.
Because the same verse says "therefore the righteous women are devoutly obedient to Allah and to their husbands.

Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by Sissie(f): 9:55pm On Mar 04, 2013
Narrated 'Aisha:

Hind bint 'Utba came and said, "O Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him)! Abu Sufyan is a miser so is it sinful of me to feed our children from his property?" Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) said, "No except if you take for your needs what is just and reasonable. "

Source: Sahih Al Bukhari
Download: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.triosLabs.hadithreader
In this hadith the woman asked the prophet (saw) if it was a sin if she could take out of his property to feed, without the knowledge of the husband because he's a miser,and he said no.
Some scholars agree that if a man doesn't fulfill his obligations, then he doesn't get his rights, and the wife is allowed to seek for divorce. And if he doesn't support his family, then he has no authority over them. Now a woman must fear Allah.
In islam its not only women that must fulfil their duties, men must too.
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by Nobody: 11:30pm On Mar 04, 2013
^Ok. So not fulfilling responsibilities automatically strips the husband of his headship right?
Got it. Thanks for the explanation.
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by Nobody: 11:46pm On Mar 04, 2013
@sissie,
Is there any verse in the Qur'an explicitly commanding men to take care of women and commanding women to obey? Because the verse I quoted seems to be a descriptive. It appears that the verse is describing a situation/relationship between husband and wife i.e men are qawwamun and women are qanitat. It doesn't really say men MUST be qawwamun and women MUST be qanitat.
Is there any verse with an explicit command for the qawwamun and qanitat relationship?
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by Sissie(f): 9:33am On Mar 05, 2013
fellis: ^Ok. So not fulfilling responsibilities automatically strips the husband of his headship right?
Got it. Thanks for the explanation.
He is still the head he just doesn't get all the rights that comes with it, and can be disobeyed within limits.
A Muslim woman is never completely independent.

1 Like

Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by Sissie(f): 9:43am On Mar 05, 2013
fellis: @sissie,
Is there any verse in the Qur'an explicitly commanding men to take care of women and commanding women to obey? Because the verse I quoted seems to be a descriptive. It appears that the verse is describing a situation/relationship between husband and wife i.e men are qawwamun and women are qanitat. It doesn't really say men MUST be qawwamun and women MUST be qanitat.
Is there any verse with an explicit command for the qawwamun and qanitat relationship?
,this to me suffices and its used as a reference point, it says men provide, now this in its own its explanatory, it didn't say men may provide or women may obey. in Islam its a must for the man to try all he can (within limits) to provide for his family, and a woman to be devoutly obedient, there' are s rules to make it orderly and prevent chaos in the home front. Each gender has its own role, duties and responsibility. It's not optional. a man can't just decide not to provide for his family, and a woman can not just decide not to obey and be submissive to her husband. If they do so this is going against the rulings of Islam and its a sin to do so.

2 Likes

Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by Nobody: 11:29am On Mar 05, 2013
Sissie:
He is still the head he just doesn't get all the rights that comes with it, and can be disobeyed within limits.
[s]A Muslim woman is never completely independent[/s].
I don't understand.
The verse in the Qur'an says men are head because they protect and provide, not just because they are men or because they are male.
And you wrote before that some scholars say a man who doesn't support his family loses his authority over them. Now you say again that he is still the head even if he doesn't fulfil his obligations.

Sissie:
,this to me suffices and its used as a reference point, it says men provide, now this in its own its explanatory, it didn't say men may provide or women may obey.
It says men are providers, not men must be providers. It also says women are obedient not that women must obey.
This is the way I see it, Islam is a religion that takes the individual's comfort and ease into consideration and so there are no hard and fast or unshakeable laws about whether men must provide or whether women must obey. The man may not be financially buoyant enough to fully support his family on his own and in instances like this, it would be wiser for the wife to join in providing for her family and not leaving it completely to the man. The man could also be incapacitated one way or another (maybe sick or paralysed) and the duty of providing falls to the woman.
That is one reason why I think the statement is not a hard and fast rule.
When it comes to obedience, I think the rule isn't rigid because there are many reasons why it may be better for a woman to disobey. (Calm down. I am not advocating disobedience) Some of these reasons are:
1. The woman could be more intelligent than her husband (yes, it is possible for that to happen) and in such cases, the decisions he makes would not be as good as those she makes and she, being more intelligent would see the inherent harm or disadvantage in following those decisions. What does she do in that case? Follow his decision all the same?
2. The man might not be as versed in matters of Islam as the woman is and might make laws in the house that are not very Islamic. Should the woman follow those laws all the same even when she knows better?

Note that in both cases I highlighted above, the man is the stubborn type that doesn't think he should ever bend his will and accept his wife's will instead.
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by Nobody: 11:33am On Mar 05, 2013
@'Liker' of sissy's post,
I am sorry for pissing you off with my posts. You can stop following this thread to avoid getting angrier smiley
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by Sissie(f): 3:58pm On Mar 05, 2013
fellis:
I don't understand.
The verse in the Qur'an says men are head because they protect and provide, not just because they are men or because they are male.
And you wrote before that some scholars say a man who doesn't support his family loses his authority over them. Now you say again that he is still the head even if he doesn't fulfil his obligations.

In the family system just like other social or business grp, there's an hierarchy, I.e the husband, the wife/wives, and the kid. In d business system there's the CEO, the manager and the ordinary workers. The CEO still own d business evn if he never work at the office or not. The man is the head, by default, but been the head comes with rights, and its this rights that comes with it, he doesn't enjoy, I.e a woman must take permission from her husband if she wants to sell his property, but in a situation where the man his a miser, it is allowed for her to sell just what she needs to feed herself n kids, without seeking permission, now this is one of the rights he enjoys that's nt given to him.

It says men are providers, not men must be providers. It also says women are obedient not that women must obey.
This is the way I see it, Islam is a religion that takes the individual's comfort and ease into consideration and so there are no hard and fast or unshakeable laws about whether men must provide or whether women must obey. The man may not be financially buoyant enough to fully support his family on his own and in instances like this, it would be wiser for the wife to join in providing for her family and not leaving it completely to the man.

You've already explained it, the man is not financially buoyant, but he must still strive all he can to provide evn if his wife work and support him, he can't say since am not buoyant , I won't even try hard, and leave it to my wife to take part of the responsibility, because in the both of them search for financial buoyancy, who takes care of the kids and the family and other
hings the family needs. None of them should carry more burden they can bear. A woman has he duties too

The man could also be incapacitated one way or another (maybe sick or paralysed) and the duty of providing falls to the woman.

Yes hence its not haram for women to work, but because the woman works and earn money doesnt mean she stops respectin and obeyin are husband. Neither does it make her the head.

That is one reason why I think the statement is not a hard and fast rule.
When it comes to obedience, I think the rule isn't rigid because there are many reasons why it may be better for a woman to disobey. (Calm down. I am not advocating disobedience) Some of these reasons are:
1. The woman could be more intelligent than her husband (yes, it is possible for that to happen) and in such cases, the decisions he makes would not be as good as those she makes and she, being more intelligent would see the inherent harm or disadvantage in following those decisions. What does she do in that case? Follow his decision all the same?
She should explain to her husband and make him see reasons why are way is better, not try to out smart her husband cos she thinks she's smarter. If what he's saying is haram, she should not obey, but if what he's saying isn't haram, yes she should obey him and follow his decision. Afterall she agreed to marry him, and must fear Allah 1st before the husband.
2. The man might noam as the woman is andmight make laws in the house that are not very Islamic. Should the woman follow those laws all the same even when she knows better?
What do you mean not very islamic, its either Islamic or not. And if its not Islamic she doesn't obey. I.e a man tells his wife to stop wearing the hijab, she is to disobey this rule. Obeying Allah is no one priority.

Note that in both cases I highlighted above, the man is the stubborn type that doesn't think he should everd accept his wife's will instead.

If he doesn't think he should accept his wife's will even when he's disobeying Allah then theirs something fundamentally wrng with his understanding of Islam, and if he's been too stubborn about certain things important to the family, the woman should refer the case to an elder or leader, imam or family member he respects to make him see reasons, because a one can't just take laws into their hands.
hence why a.woman should be carefull before agreeing to marry a man, and why there's the option of divorce.
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by Nobody: 4:04pm On Mar 05, 2013
Sissie:
If he doesn't think he should accept his wife's will even when he's disobeying Allah then theirs something fundamentally wrng with his understanding of Islam, and if he's been too stubborn about certain things important to the family, the woman should refer the case to an elder or leader, imam or family member he respects to make him see reasons, because a one can't just take laws into their hands.
hence why a.woman should be carefull before agreeing to marry a man, and why there's the option of divorce.

I don't wanna drag this topic, although there are many things I would have liked to say and you aren't really addressing the questions I am asking. Maybe some other time I would bring it up.

Thanks a lot Sissie, for indulging my curiousity. I had a great time with you on the thread, bye smiley.

1 Like

Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by Sissie(f): 5:38pm On Mar 05, 2013
fellis:

I don't wanna drag this topic, although there are many things I would have liked to say and you aren't really addressing the questions I am asking. Maybe some other time I would bring it up.

Thanks a lot Sissie, for indulging my curiousity. I had a great time with you on the thread, bye smiley.
did you read my previous comment fully.i also commented within what you wrote. the quote. cos i dnt knw hw to use nairaland well. you may think am not addressing the issues, but it may just be your looking for lope holes, over analyzing, over questioning and saying it didn't use the word MUST, when it didnt use the word maybe either. hopefully you get the answers, and accept the ans of what your looking for evn if it doesnt agree with your personal opinion. islam rules are made of facts not on personal opinion. hence islam says pray 5 times, you wont say but i dont have enough time, no you must create time, hence in Islam you hear and you obey.
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by Nobody: 6:26pm On Mar 05, 2013
undecided
hmmm. . . . There were actually points that I raised that weren't addressed but no problem, you were not under obligation to answer me.

The truth is that I only seek to understand and make sense of what I am following, I am not over-analyzing and I am not trying to twist anything to suit my personal opinion. I'm actually offended at that last post you made. I wanted to end the discussion on a good note but you started reading different wrong meanings from my posts and talking about how Islam is not about personal opinion.
Whatever. Goodbye.
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by Nobody: 7:15pm On Mar 05, 2013
@you know yourself,
Lmao grin. I got your mail.
You need to re-read my last post to understand it very well because you clearly didn't get it the first time.
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by Sissie(f): 7:53pm On Mar 05, 2013
fellis: undecided
hmmm. . . . There were actually points that I raised that weren't addressed but no problem, you were not under obligation to answer me.

The truth is that I only seek to understand and make sense of what I am following, I am not over-analyzing and I am not trying to twist anything to suit my personal opinion. I'm actually offended at that last post you made. I wanted to end the discussion on a good note but you started reading different wrong meanings from my posts and talking about how Islam is not about personal opinion.
Whatever. Goodbye.
i wasnt trying to offend you, if you are, i apologize, the reason why i said this is that we are all guilty of trying to fix certains things in islam to suit us. am guilty of this too. yes you are trying to seek, but in the process of seeking we have to be careful, lik i said it MAY (which isnt certain) just be your over-analyzing, the reason i said it was the fact u said it didnt contain the word MUST and therefore not compulsory. i cant answer all question because just lik you my knowledge is limited and can only say what am sure of. if you want an answers to all, nairaland may not be the place for it, you may have to consult a scholar to explain n you can explain your questions better. am no scholar. i probably shuldnt have answered but i saw no one gave a concise ans, which i tried too. hopefully this is a better note to end. ALLAHU ALAM.

1 Like

Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by Nobody: 8:10pm On Mar 05, 2013
^^^ There is no problem sissy smiley.
Everything is fine and there are no hard feelings on my part.
Thanks for your help,
Salam.

1 Like

Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by deols(f): 8:25am On Mar 09, 2013
the singles thread has a post in relation with the discussion here. You may want to ch3ck it out @ fellis

it is just starting on page 93 and I am hopeful ur questions wld be better answered there.
https://www.nairaland.com/751801/muslim-singles-let-us-talk/93
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by Nobody: 7:34pm On Mar 09, 2013
Some muslimas here should not mislead other good obedient muslimas,A wife should always obey her husband even if He uses commanding tone,in all things except what is Haram,i mean what Allah forbids,Allah specifically said a righteous woman obeys her husband,i don't know what some women are feeling these days,Alhamdullilahi, the sisters i keeps as friends always mute when their husbands talk,until He finishes,they don't argue,at the end it pays the wife,She gets rewarded firstly for obeying Allah in that verse,secondly she gets reward for obeying her Husband.

Honestly Deol,if you already have the plan to live like your writeups,its only happens in fairys,am in a three years marriage i can tell you majority of men likes their wives to be submisive regardless of whatever except what Allah forbids.

1 Like

Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by bukatyne(f): 8:49pm On Mar 09, 2013
uplawal: Some muslimas here should not mislead other good obedient muslimas,A wife should always obey her husband even if He uses commanding tone,in all things except what is Haram,i mean what Allah forbids,Allah specifically said a righteous woman obeys her husband,i don't know what some women are feeling these days,Alhamdullilahi, the sisters i keeps as friends always mute when their husbands talk,until He finishes,they don't argue,at the end it pays the wife,She gets rewarded firstly for obeying Allah in that verse,secondly she gets reward for obeying her Husband.

Honestly Deol,if you already have the plan to live like your writeups,its only happens in fairys,am in a three years marriage i can tell you majority of men likes their wives to be submisive regardless of whatever except what Allah forbids.

Uplawal, good evening.

No two marriages are the same.

Deols has the exclusive right to pray for the kind of marriage she desires and I am sure God will give it to her.

I am not deols BUT I don't want a marriage where I would be 'mute' when my husband talks and I don't wish such for her.
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by bukatyne(f): 8:49pm On Mar 09, 2013
uplawal: Some muslimas here should not mislead other good obedient muslimas,A wife should always obey her husband even if He uses commanding tone,in all things except what is Haram,i mean what Allah forbids,Allah specifically said a righteous woman obeys her husband,i don't know what some women are feeling these days,Alhamdullilahi, the sisters i keeps as friends always mute when their husbands talk,until He finishes,they don't argue,at the end it pays the wife,She gets rewarded firstly for obeying Allah in that verse,secondly she gets reward for obeying her Husband.

Uplawal, good evening.

Deols has the exclusive right to pray for the kind of marriage she desires and I am sure God will give it to her.

I am not deols BUT I don't want a marriage where I would be 'mute' when my husband talks and I don't wish such for her.
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by bukatyne(f): 8:50pm On Mar 09, 2013

Uplawal, good evening.

Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by Sissie(f): 9:21pm On Mar 09, 2013

No one says women should disobey/not submit to her husband,and men hav their duties, no one is happy having a husband that commands her all the time, and a good muslim husband is not a tyraant, and muslim should be kind to their family, and nothing wrong having a discussion with your husband,how do u do that when your mute everytime your husband talk. There's nothing wrong telling men to treat their wives better.
And no its not fairy tale for deol, to want the kind of husband she wants, people do have it.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

When Is Sallah Day In Nigeria? / One Of World’s Oldest Mosques Found In Israel / Attachments On Women`s Hair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.