Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,326 members, 7,819,114 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:31 AM

Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy (47889 Views)

18 Ways To Love Your Husband / 81 Ways To Win Your Husband's Love / Muslims! How Long Will You Be Searching Lail-al-qadr? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by maclatunji: 12:53am On Feb 19, 2013
zayhal: Maclatunji, I told you before not all questions are polar. Answering a 'yes' or a 'no' may not represent what one intends to say at all. So leave that angle.

Now, a couple who has a good relationship going for them and have always communicated well, I doubt will have the kind of problematic scenario you painted above. MIT or Havard. They'll both take a pncil and paper and list the advantages and disadvantages in the child attending either. The child too should be brought in to have a say. At the end of the day, a suitable choice is most likely to be made based on the pros and cons they've highlighted.

But if husband commander-in-chief has the rigid mindset that whatever happens, it has to be his way or the highway then that marriage has got a big big problem. Wisdom is very important in applying rules and laws.

Stop appearing impossible.

When I answered your question with a straight answer, you forgot this lecture abi. And people always agree? Come on. I have said it, a man should not bully his family but neither will he be a sissy. You ladies were trying to portray the opening post as some weird idea when you know that it is correct in terms of principle.

Most men won't bother to be honest. They will just tell a lady that she is the leader. She agrees to marry them and will see something else.

#Irony
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by ashson: 1:16am On Feb 19, 2013
zayhal: I feel it "out of place" if a husband just hands down orders to his wife and this is my understanding of the "command" here.

"Get me my food"
"You must not go out today!"
"My friend will be passing the night with us today, go on and tidy the guest room quickly beefore he arrives!"
"What's this you're wearing? Go and put on something better, my friend!"

And on and on. Yes, I find these out of place in a marital relationship.

"Command" does not mean he will force or tel u to do things in an unpolite manner. even Allah SWT that commands us on what to do did not force anybody. its either u choose jannah or the other for youself. anything your husband commands you to do, as long as it is not against the laws of islam, u have to obey because Allah instructed u to that.

1 Like

Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by deols(f): 5:56am On Feb 19, 2013
command!

Even the wives of the prophet challenged him. women of his time challenged him.

but trust insecure men, any form of that makes them less of a man.

A real man is the wise man and not the one who gives the unshakable rule.

well, if a woman is unlucky enough to be with the unwise one, she still has to deal wv it. after all, she had a chance to say no but married him.

Now she must be commanded and the command she must obey. if not, she becomes the bad wife.
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by maclatunji: 6:18am On Feb 19, 2013
^Nobody has said a woman cannot challenge her husband. However, no matter how you want to twist and turn, you cannot say that Allah has not instructed wives to obey their husbands and say you are teaching Islam.

Islam is not about your desires as an individual, it is about obeying God's instructions. No cleric will officiate an Islamic wedding and say: 'man, you have to be submissive to your wife. What they will say is show love, provide care and be kind to her.'

Practically the first thing they tell the bride is: 'be submissive to your husband'. They have to, it is what Islam teaches.
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by maclatunji: 6:23am On Feb 19, 2013
By the way, Islam does not talk about a 'real man'. It talks about all men. Real man? We are not promoting lager here- we are talking of God's rules.

Deols is appealing to ego. Allah have mercy on my soul. I will not die of laughter here.
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by Nobody: 9:41am On Feb 19, 2013
Na to give am better phuck win am o....nor b dis long talk
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by ifyalways(f): 9:48am On Feb 19, 2013
why should my husband command me ? Are we playing around with words or do we really mean it?
Command = bark orders

Some men are control freaks hiding under the umbrella of Islam or religion and sometimes culture.I can only pity women who get entangled to such men. sad
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by Freiburger(m): 9:49am On Feb 19, 2013
@ OP, This is not just for the muslim women, this is what every good woman should do.
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by molli(f): 9:54am On Feb 19, 2013
mikeyhernadez: Na to give am better phuck win am o....nor b dis long talk
lipsrsealed
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by Freiburger(m): 9:54am On Feb 19, 2013
ifyalways: why should my husband command me ? (
lol, what's wrong with it if he commands you in the right direction?
I think these kind of command is not that military type as it sounds. grin
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by not2long(m): 10:02am On Feb 19, 2013
Please how is this topic not applicable to any woman?, you just wanna show you are also relevent by putting muslim woman in front.

Anyway she should e servicing her husband regularly with nice mouth action. He will forever be grateful
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by Gabrielsylar(m): 10:02am On Feb 19, 2013
What is “musliminous” about dis behaviours
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by ifyalways(f): 10:05am On Feb 19, 2013
Freiburger:
lol, what's wrong with it if he commands you in the right direction?
I think these kind of command is not that military type as it sounds. grin
Everything is wrong with it.
I'm not a sheep that needs to be commanded no matter what and the good news here is that i got a great man that would never dream of commanding me.He leads and guides in love,i follow.Anything more than than would be met with fierce rebellion and opposition. QED

However,if anyone is OK with giving/receiving commands,good for them.My ship has sailed lonnnnng time ago.
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by niyivasaz(m): 10:09am On Feb 19, 2013
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by niyivasaz(m): 10:11am On Feb 19, 2013
Okija_juju:

And you are supposed to be a Muslim Woman!! undecided

I had no idea you were supposed to even speak without permission, let alone speak to a man in that manner.

You should go and ask Allah for forgiveness.

For ur kind info I'm a man like you and u shd just shut ur filty mouth!

why u guys always talk ill about other pple's belief?
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by Okijajuju1(m): 10:17am On Feb 19, 2013
niyivasaz:

For ur kind info I'm a man like you and u shd just shut ur filty mouth!

why u guys always talk ill about other pple's belief?

I see.. No wonder you behave like a Nama.

Did you read and see that the warning on that post is actually to your own benefit?!

And as usual, you went for his mother.

I know infidels that are better than you!
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by seunajia: 10:19am On Feb 19, 2013
sad The beautiful thread is ruined.

Typical of today women, they immediately pick on the word "command" and make the worst of it.

Command
Definition: directive, instruction
Synonyms: act, adjuration, ban, behest, bidding, call, canon, caveat, charge, citation, commandment, decree, demand, devoir, dictate, dictation, dictum, direction, duty, edict, enactment, exaction, fiat, imperative, imposition, injunction, interdiction, law, mandate, notification, obligation, order, ordinance, precept, prescript, proclamation, prohibition, proscription, regulation, request, requirement, requisition, responsibility, rule, subpoena, summons, ultimatum, warrant, will, word, writ.

Do your husband's "directive". Chikena!
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by Okijajuju1(m): 10:25am On Feb 19, 2013
seunajia: sad The beautiful thread is ruined.

Typical of today women, they immediately pick on the word "command" and make the worst of it.

Command
Synonyms: act, adjuration, ban, behest, bidding, call, canon, caveat, charge, citation, commandment, decree, demand, devoir, dictate, dictation, dictum, direction, duty, edict, enactment, exaction, fiat, imperative, imposition, injunction, interdiction, law, mandate, notification, obligation, order, ordinance, precept, prescript, proclamation, prohibition, proscription, regulation, request, requirement, requisition, responsibility, rule, subpoena, summons, ultimatum, warrant, will, word, writ.

Now thats a difficult one o!!

Women are not animals. They also have avoice, feelings and emotions. You cant give them commands except they are in the armed forces.

Marriage is a partnership not Master and Slave.

No wonder women are used to trade and do business in Muslim countries like Pakistan.
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by maclatunji: 10:35am On Feb 19, 2013
seunajia: sad The beautiful thread is ruined.

Command

The twisting and turning they have been doing on this thread really makes me laugh hard. It is like saying the President does not give orders or Seun the owner of Nairaland does not impose his decision sometimes on his website. That would be ludicrous.

You cannot assign responsibility without authority. The man is responsible for his household, he gets the authority over madam because of that.

1 Like

Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by Nobody: 10:35am On Feb 19, 2013
Thanks OP. this came at the right time. I'm getting married in 18 days......
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by maclatunji: 10:38am On Feb 19, 2013
Rukemi291: Thanks OP. this came at the right time. I'm getting married in 18 days......

Humongous congratulations to you. May Allah bless your union with all that makes marriage sweet. (Ameen)
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by Nobody: 10:39am On Feb 19, 2013
Mac...i wouldnt say you are wrong about this but your use of the verse and the analogy given is quite skewed...When the Quran says command your wives it didnt mean such issues as decision making but on Issues that Islam deems obligatory like salat.
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by Nobody: 10:43am On Feb 19, 2013
zayhal: I feel it "out of place" if a husband just hands down orders to his wife and this is my understanding of the "command" here.

"Get me my food"
"You must not go out today!"
"My friend will be passing the night with us today, go on and tidy the guest room quickly beefore he arrives!"
"What's this you're wearing? Go and put on something better, my friend!"

And on and on. Yes, I find these out of place in a marital relationship.

By the time a aman starts giving orders like these....uhm, he has definitely started cheating.
God will punish any idio.tic stu.pid girl that makes anybody's husband start giving orders like that...
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by deols(f): 10:44am On Feb 19, 2013
Okija_juju:

And you are supposed to be a Muslim Woman!! undecided

I had no idea you were supposed to even speak without permission, let alone speak to a man in that manner.

You should go and ask Allah for forgiveness.

now you know. something added to your ocean of knowledge. You should thank Allah for that.

@
Most cultures of the world attach the 'head' to the man. That is why many men would go for women below them in status. The type they can lead or command.

whatever definition the command is given, though culturally or religiously defined will still so much depend on the women. You agree to be slaved and you get served. you agree not, you have your ways.
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by Nobody: 10:49am On Feb 19, 2013
we tend to take Quranic verses literarily atimes when they are in actuality deeper & nid greater reflection & understandin.u r deemed a sissy when ur wife goes against Islamic injuctions & u cant 'command' her 2 do ryt bt nt in cases lyk d 1 u raised

2 Likes

Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by Nobody: 10:56am On Feb 19, 2013
maclatunji:

Humongous congratulations to you. May Allah bless your union with all that makes marriage sweet. (Ameen)

Allahuma amin. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by maclatunji: 10:57am On Feb 19, 2013
mdsocks: Mac...i wouldnt say you are wrong about this but your use of the verse and the analogy given is quite skewed...When the Quran says command your wives it didnt mean such issues as decision making but on Issues that Islam deems obligatory like salat.

Speaking from both sides of your mouth? Bring evidence of what you say. I have not quoted a single verse of the Qur'an in this thread. All I have done is bring a case and asked a very simple question whilst robustly giving my opinion.
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by maclatunji: 11:07am On Feb 19, 2013
ifyalways: Everything is wrong with it.
I'm not a sheep that needs to be commanded no matter what and the good news here is that i got a great man that would never dream of commanding me.He leads and guides in love,i follow.Anything more than than would be met with fierce rebellion and opposition. QED

However,if anyone is OK with giving/receiving commands,good for them.My ship has sailed lonnnnng time ago.

Leading and guiding in love still means getting things done which means performing your duties as a wife and vice versa. A wife that performs her duties as required would not require orders.

Barcelona coaches don't bark at Messi to go and score, they may do that to a player of lesser quality.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Sunnah Of New Born Baby , Scientifically Proven - BBC Article / One Of World’s Oldest Mosques Found In Israel / When Is Sallah Day In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.