Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,114 members, 7,814,914 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:14 PM

Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy - Islam for Muslims (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy (47867 Views)

18 Ways To Love Your Husband / 81 Ways To Win Your Husband's Love / Muslims! How Long Will You Be Searching Lail-al-qadr? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by bukatyne(f): 2:05pm On Feb 22, 2013
deols:

But even the bible makes the man the head of a home
The headship of a man in the Bible doesn't make him superior to His wife. A man is the head because he's the source of the family i.e. A man decides to marry and looks for a woman he loves and shares the same goals with.

He is to lead his family in love with examples so a man who wants a humble wife must be humble himself etc. I cor 13: 1 - 13 lists the characteristics of love and if he abides to them, he would esteem his wife above himself that's why she is to submit to him(esteem her husband above herself) so they would complete each other.
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by deols(f): 3:25pm On Feb 22, 2013
fellis:
What about brains? Do you think men are more intelligent than women?

nope. it is down to conditioning. the environments they grow up in, the education they get, etc are determinants.
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by Nobody: 5:13pm On Feb 22, 2013
deols:

Not all men are superior to all women. I now understand what you mean. A man only heads his own home. I mean, men on nairaland cannot automatically claim superiority to us, the women here. I answered in relation to the home front.

True...
Only in the home do women have to submit to their husbands. All humans whether male, female or hermaphrodite are equal before the Almighty.

[3:195] Their Lord responded to them: "I never fail to reward any worker among you for any work you do, be you male or female - you are equal to one another. Thus, those who immigrate, and get evicted from their homes, and are persecuted because of Me, and fight and get killed, I will surely remit their sins and admit them into gardens with flowing streams." Such is the reward from GOD. GOD possesses the ultimate reward.

1 Like

Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by deols(f): 5:33pm On Feb 22, 2013
bukatyne: The headship of a man in the Bible doesn't make him superior to His wife. A man is the head because he's the source of the family i.e. A man decides to marry and looks for a woman he loves and shares the same goals with.

He is to lead his family in love with examples so a man who wants a humble wife must be humble himself etc. I cor 13: 1 - 13 lists the characteristics of love and if he abides to them, he would esteem his wife above himself that's why she is to submit to him(esteem her husband above herself) so they would complete each other.

I mean it exactly that way.
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by deols(f): 5:34pm On Feb 22, 2013
mdsocks:
True...
Only in the home do women have to submit to their husbands. All humans whether male, female or hermaphrodite are equal before the Almighty.

[3:195] Their Lord responded to them: "I never fail to reward any worker among you for any work you do, be you male or female - you are equal to one another. Thus, those who immigrate, and get evicted from their homes, and are persecuted because of Me, and fight and get killed, I will surely remit their sins and admit them into gardens with flowing streams." Such is the reward from GOD. GOD possesses the ultimate reward.

Yeah 100% d distinguishing factor is piety.
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by Nobody: 7:03pm On Feb 22, 2013
mdsocks:
True...

You think women are equal to men in Islam?
What do you think of this Hadith?
Narrated Abu Said Al-Khudri:
Once Allah's Apostle went out to the Musalla (to offer the prayer) o 'Id-al-Adha or Al-Fitr prayer. Then he passed by the women and said, "O women! Give alms, as I have seen that the majority of the dwellers of Hell-fire were you (women)." They asked, "Why is it so, O Allah's Apostle ?" He replied, "You curse frequently and are ungrateful to your husbands. I have not seen anyone more deficient in intelligence and religion than you. A cautious sensible man could be led astray by some of you." The women asked, "O Allah's Apostle! What is deficient in our intelligence and religion?" He said, "Is not the evidence of two women equal to the witness of one man?" They replied in the affirmative. He said, "This is the deficiency in her intelligence. Isn't it true that a woman can neither pray nor fast during her menses?" The women replied in the affirmative. He said, "This is the deficiency in her religion."
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by deols(f): 7:30pm On Feb 22, 2013
fellis:
You think women are equal to men in Islam?
What do you think of this Hadith?
Narrated Abu Said Al-Khudri:
Once Allah's Apostle went out to the Musalla (to offer the prayer) o 'Id-al-Adha or Al-Fitr prayer. Then he passed by the women and said, "O women! Give alms, as I have seen that the majority of the dwellers of Hell-fire were you (women)." They asked, "Why is it so, O Allah's Apostle ?" He replied, "You curse frequently and are ungrateful to your husbands. I have not seen anyone more deficient in intelligence and religion than you. A cautious sensible man could be led astray by some of you." The women asked, "O Allah's Apostle! What is deficient in our intelligence and religion?" He said, "Is not the evidence of two women equal to the witness of one man?" They replied in the affirmative. He said, "This is the deficiency in her intelligence. Isn't it true that a woman can neither pray nor fast during her menses?" The women replied in the affirmative. He said, "This is the deficiency in her religion."

the intelligence isnt to be taken literally as he explained what it means.

let me give u an example to butress the part of the menstrual period. it was reported that there were two men who were best friends and who used to do everything 2geda that everyone thoughtvthat if they died on the same day would have d same place in paradise. but one died before the other and d prophet made it known that the one who died would have a lesser place since his book of deeds was closed immediately he died. same happens to a woman who wouldnt get the reward for prayers at those periods when she doesnt pray.

about women being more in hell, women would outnumber men anyways. it explains that and truth be told, it is easier for women to fall into sins than for men to. dress sense, sharp tongues, gossip, show off, etc

but that women would be more doesnt even give any man the chance to wag tongues. those women dont mean us and the men dont mean the tongue waggers.

plus the prophet eventually gave solution to the problem. if women have some time when they dont pray, let them compensate by giving sadaqah..a reason for women to make money biko.
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by Nobody: 8:13pm On Feb 22, 2013
^What about the part of being deficient in intelligence?
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by Nobody: 8:18pm On Feb 22, 2013
Besides, the Prophet replied that the reason for women being more in hell is because they curse and are ungrateful to husbands and not because there are more women than men on earth.
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by deols(f): 10:59am On Feb 23, 2013
fellis: Besides, the Prophet replied that the reason for women being more in hell is because they curse and are ungrateful to husbands and not because there are more women than men on earth.

he mentioned four things actually,curse, ungratefulness, deficiency in intelligence and deficiency in religion.

my response with women being more is about interpreting an hadith with another hadith(may God forgive me if it isnt applicable in this case)..simple laws of the higher the no. the higher d possibility has always come to my mind inv relation to women being more in hell.

A man could be led astray by the demands of his wife-it still happens. she wants all d jewellery in d world. she nags him into stealing or committing suicide. In all, it is an admonition to the believing women to not fall into the category of women who do these things.

the fear of hell should be the beginning of wisdom.
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by Nobody: 12:13pm On Feb 23, 2013
^okey dokey.
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by snubish: 5:42pm On Feb 23, 2013
deols:
about women being more in hell, women would outnumber men anyways. it explains that and truth be told, it is easier for women to fall into sins than for men to. dress sense, sharp tongues, gossip, show off, etc
grin grin grin
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by deols(f): 6:05pm On Feb 23, 2013
snubish:
grin grin grin

it isnt like men who do those dont exist. dont jubilate too early. eventually, it is each to his own grin
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by snubish: 6:05pm On Feb 23, 2013
deols:

I don't think men generally have greater physical strength. that is subject to conditioning. If I learn taekwando for example, I would beat down a lanky man who didn't learn same. that men are physically stronger is a myth.

na wa o. you go write book.
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by snubish: 6:29pm On Feb 23, 2013
@fellis; you like asking tedious questions. Don't you know ignorance is bliss. Who will give us tips on how to make our wives happy.
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by Nobody: 6:36pm On Feb 23, 2013
snubish: @fellis; you like asking tedious questions.
I didn't ask any tedious question and even if I did, how e take consain you? Na you I dey ask question? See me see something o.
Don't you know ignorance is bliss
Ignorance about Islam is bliss?
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by snubish: 6:40pm On Feb 23, 2013
deols: during the treaty of udaybiyyah, a very trying moment for the prophet and his people,the best decision he made was after he sought his wife, Umm Salama's opinion.
beautiful. men, marry a religious woman whose judgement you respect, then consult her in your affairs. 2 heads are better than one.
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by snubish: 6:51pm On Feb 23, 2013
fellis:
I didn't ask any tedious question and even if I did, how e take consain you? Na you I dey ask question? See me see something o.
no offence meant your highness. Kindly ignore the statement. I hereby retract my earlier comments.
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by Nobody: 6:57pm On Feb 23, 2013
^smiley
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by deols(f): 3:48pm On Feb 24, 2013
snubish: no offence meant your highness. Kindly ignore the statement. I hereby retract my earlier comments.

good.

but I was just thinking, well..
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by bukatyne(f): 4:11pm On Feb 24, 2013
deols:

I mean it exactly that way.
Then you believe husbands and wives are equal. But the equality doesn't give either party the room to be rude or proud. They should learn to live with each other as true belivers. Have a splendid day.
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by deols(f): 4:37pm On Feb 24, 2013
bukatyne: Then you believe husbands and wives are equal. But the equality doesn't give either party the room to be rude or proud. They should learn to live with each other as true belivers. Have a splendid day.

the many posts after it explain my ppsition. men and women are equals but a man heads his home. lobatan
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by Nobody: 5:03pm On Feb 24, 2013
deols:

the many posts after it explain my ppsition. men and women are equals but a man heads his home. lobatan

What do you think of these verses and the Hadith?

[Qur'an 4:34]Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because Allah has made one of them to excel the other, and because they spend (to support them) from their means’

[Qur'an 2:228]...and due to the wives is similar to what is expected of them, according to what is reasonable. But the men have a degree over them. And Allah is Exalted in Might and Wise.

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “If I were to command anyone to prostrate to anyone other than Allah, I would have commanded women to prostrate to their husbands. By the One in Whose hand is the soul of Muhammad, no woman can fulfil her duty towards Allah until she fulfils her duty towards her husband. If he asks her (for intimacy) even if she is on her camel saddle, she should not refuse.”
Narrated by Ibn Maajah, 1853; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Ibn Maajah.

1 Like

Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by deols(f): 5:38pm On Feb 24, 2013
fellis:

What do you think of these verses and the Hadith?

[Qur'an 4:34]Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because Allah has made one of them to excel the other, and because they spend (to support them) from their means’

[Qur'an 2:228]...and due to the wives is similar to what is expected of them, according to what is reasonable. But the men have a degree over them. And Allah is Exalted in Might and Wise.

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “If I were to command anyone to prostrate to anyone other than Allah, I would have commanded women to prostrate to their husbands. By the One in Whose hand is the soul of Muhammad, no woman can fulfil her duty towards Allah until she fulfils her duty towards her husband. If he asks her (for intimacy) even if she is on her camel saddle, she should not refuse.”
Narrated by Ibn Maajah, 1853; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Ibn Maajah.

brb...wow!
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by bukatyne(f): 6:41pm On Feb 24, 2013
deols:

Yes Mummy wink
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by Nobody: 7:55am On Feb 25, 2013
And which man came to 'like' my last post in this thread sef?
I am sure posts like that is what you love reading that's why you liked it.
You like hearing that women are supposed to bow down to men and that women are intellectually deficient and should be ruled over and subservient to men abi?
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by maclatunji: 9:09am On Feb 25, 2013
fellis: And which man came to 'like' my last post in this thread sef?
I am sure posts like that is what you love reading that's why you liked it.
You like hearing that women are supposed to bow down to men and that women are intellectually deficient and should be ruled over and subservient to men abi?

Nope, I just like the fact that you are willing to reflect on those injunctions. I didn't make them, so my thoughts are really of little value in the entire equation.

This your post exposes a great problem with the mindset of many women. You don't believe that men respect you for whom and what you are. You are too desirous to prove your strength when it is obvious to see.

Let me give you an example. There are at least 3 people that can hold me with all my proverbial "wahala" on this forum. None of them are men and they don't present themselves as being Supergirl or Wonder Woman either.

They are just women who are comfortable with whom and what they are- doing great things.
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by Nobody: 11:55am On Feb 25, 2013
maclatunji:
Nope, I just like the fact that you are willing to reflect on those injunctions. I didn't make them, so my thoughts are really of little value in the entire equation.
This your post exposes a great problem with the mindset of many women. You don't believe that men respect you for whom and what you are. You are too desirous to prove your strength when it is obvious to see.
Let me give you an example. There are at least 3 people that can hold me with all my proverbial "wahala" on this forum. None of them are men and they don't present themselves as being Supergirl or Wonder Woman either.
They are just women who are comfortable with whom and what they are- doing great things.
1st bold: Reflect ke? I just posted them to know what deols thinks about them. Different people have their own special way of understanding the verses. There are sites where you would see people interprete those verses and tell you they don't mean men are superior to women.
2nd bolded: You think the fact that women are sometimes assertive means they are desirous of proving their strength to men? Is it so hard for you to believe that women can actually be assertive or forceful naturally when occaision demands and not simply because they want to look badass? It seems you have the mindset that women should be soft and tender and fluffy all the time so when you see them displaying aggression you assume they are just trying to look like superwomen.
3rd bolded: Are you talking about the trio of jidegirl, chaircover and greatgod grin? Those ones are confirmed believers in the superiority of men. Jidegirl especially. So I won't be surprised if they are the ones you are referring to.

Am not trying to start an argument with you mac smiley, just replying your post.
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by Nobody: 12:05pm On Feb 25, 2013
fellis:
3rd bolded: Are you talking about the trio of jidegirl, chaircover and greatgod grin? Those ones are confirmed believers in the superiority of men. Jidegirl especially. So I won't be surprised if they are the ones you are referring to.

Laughing at the bold name.... cheesy

She comes across with a bragging right....No say na me talk am.. Just passing by also. cheesy
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by Nobody: 12:21pm On Feb 25, 2013
mdsocks:

Laughing at the bold name.... cheesy

She comes across with a bragging right....No say na me talk am.. Just passing by also. cheesy
So you go to family section as well? I have never seen any of your posts there.
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by Nobody: 12:33pm On Feb 25, 2013
fellis:
So you go to family section as well? I have never seen any of your posts there.

I do once in a while. Mostly when topics from that area hit FP or i just happen to stumble upon one.
Re: Muslims: How To Make Your Husband Happy by maclatunji: 2:39pm On Feb 25, 2013
fellis:
1st bold: Reflect ke? I just posted them to know what deols thinks about them. Different people have their own special way of understanding the verses. There are sites where you would see people interprete those verses and tell you they don't mean men are superior to women.
2nd bolded: You think the fact that women are sometimes assertive means they are desirous of proving their strength to men? Is it so hard for you to believe that women can actually be assertive or forceful naturally when occaision demands and not simply because they want to look badass? It seems you have the mindset that women should be soft and tender and fluffy all the time so when you see them displaying aggression you assume they are just trying to look like superwomen.

Am not trying to start an argument with you mac smiley, just replying your post.

There you go again. You made a post, someone liked it- you complained. The person says he was just liking the fact that you are willing to talk about what you posted, you start distancing yourself from your own post. Okay, after deols tells you what she thinks of those quotes, none of your brain power will be channelled into assessing what she says abi?

As for the 3 ladies you mentioned, you only got one right and I won't deny complimenting her. Chaircover is a class act amongst the ladies I have interacted with on Nairaland.

Oya, go and search for the other two. Fellis, you make me laugh. The fact that you are complaining about someone liking your own post shows that you are trying a little bit too hard to prove something.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Sunnah Of New Born Baby , Scientifically Proven - BBC Article / One Of World’s Oldest Mosques Found In Israel / When Is Sallah Day In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.