Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,182 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

APC: Tambuwal For President? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC: Tambuwal For President? (28703 Views)

National Assembly Members Know What Is Good For APC – Tambuwal. / Chief Olusegun Obasanjo Backs Tambuwal For Presidency In 2015. / . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC: Tambuwal For President? by Mkpotu(m): 12:11am On Feb 18, 2013
SAY HELL NO TO MUSLIM/MUSLIM TICKET. We will not accept it again.
Re: APC: Tambuwal For President? by ikweremilitant: 12:14am On Feb 18, 2013
eggheaders: the tribal warlords are here again.I don't wanna start this back and forth with them anymore. to the topic, that ticket looks promising tambuwal/fashola.we really need a break from this putrid air.
d last time I checkd u had an f9 in english lang so go nd pass ur waec fist foolish itk
Re: APC: Tambuwal For President? by LRNZH(m): 12:39am On Feb 18, 2013
It is understood that SS and SE extractions will hardly find comfort in a Tambuwal/Fashola ticket being Muslim/Muslim and NW/SW especially with the BH menace. It is a pity because we should consider abilities more than sectarian affiliations of potential leaders.

Looking beyond religion and the tribes on the proposed APC ticket combination (which I suspect is more imagined than real), I scratch my head as to what what experience Tambuwal has in policy making position(s) and what he has has achieved (ie track record).

Tambuwal has spent most of his public life in the House of Representatives (since 2003) that is not held in high regards by most Nigerians. The same House that has produced Ghali Na'aba, Etteh, Hembe, Farouk Lawan, Bankole etc
Tambuwal hasn't cut his teeth for a president to be.

Buhari, Fashola, Ribadu, Anyaoku come to mind as better placed personas for the defacto reform minded leadership of a serious opposition party that will challenge the status quo.

Tambuwal is likely to be another GEJ in the making (handpicked but clueless) or is just a decoy to destabilise APC before it takes shape.

Long live Nigeria.
Re: APC: Tambuwal For President? by bashydemy(m): 1:01am On Feb 18, 2013
danniekute: yes , they are all bad.so long they are muslims.
God go punish for measuring Muslim in this, Is emir of Kano not Muslim and why did they want to Assassinate him? are those dying not Muslims majority, you no go talk about your Niger/Delta militant wey don bring the Nigeria name into mud in the first place and now on Nigeria payroll, I believe BH also want the same but they are just ignorant on how to act to get there.
Re: APC: Tambuwal For President? by pinkguy(m): 3:39am On Feb 18, 2013
Ii cannot wait to back to the creek let see which oil money u guy will use to run the taliban government (muslem)Ii cannot wait to back to the creek let see which oil money u guy will use to run the taliban government (muslem)Ii cannot wait to back to the creek let see which oil money u guy will use to run the taliban government (muslem)

1 Like

Re: APC: Tambuwal For President? by iykak47: 3:57am On Feb 18, 2013
tiwasiaife: May amadioha fire all those calln se/ss names. Wen obj ruled 4 8yrs u didnt c anythn, north ruled 48yrs it was normal thin its nw getn to s.e ur sayn let the persn come frm any were? U wnt to tel me that out of the whole s.e there is no good man? Mtchew. Pdp ebeano.
Don't mind bunch of hypocrites we have in Nigeria, they think they are wise.

1 Like

Re: APC: Tambuwal For President? by livebullet(m): 4:50am On Feb 18, 2013
Dis our generation of 9jerians is more tribalistic dan our fada's. Imagine all ur comments if its not on religious line den its on ethnicity. C peeps we shud b leadership oriented n 4get all dis ibo/yoruba/hausa divide.....Naija we knw is a forced marriage by lugard.But dis marriage has bn consumated 4ova 52yrs; hostility n suspicion isnt d way 4ward. Lets learn to b open minded.

1 Like

Re: APC: Tambuwal For President? by honprof1(m): 4:52am On Feb 18, 2013
motif8:

u are wrong with this instance sir, how can GEJ be the mastermind of Boko Haram, do u really think he doesnt feel like visitinjg north as part of the country which he is presiding over? they promised to make the country ungovernale and they are just doing it to their best, buhari and his goro brother should find solution to their bombing and dont direct us to chase shadow

Okay oooo, It's late right a way would have love to give u the full gist from the inception , there u know JEG is over 90% guaranteed a mastermind in connection with d ex-governor of Borno state,not just given Instance ...will refer u back to some new in d past , I strongly believe u will agree with me if u r not in any way related to JEG.... Buhari has his lapsis , not connected to BH at all.. I will explain it all with proofs
Re: APC: Tambuwal For President? by Nobody: 5:19am On Feb 18, 2013
confusion247:
The answer can easily be found in injustice. Jonathan must complete his second term in office if we still want Nigeria. Then after that Igbos should be allowed to rule if we believe in justice and equality.

Jona can't contest for second term.... and for Igbo man to step in that office will make Nigerian difficult to stay... Am an igbo but will Never vote for an Igbo man because we lack leadership quality.
Re: APC: Tambuwal For President? by talktimi(m): 5:27am On Feb 18, 2013
Skybancs:

Jona can't contest for second term.... and for Igbo man to step in that office will make Nigerian difficult to stay... Am an igbo but will Never vote for an Igbo man because we lack leadership quality.
mr skybancs, YOU are not an igbo man.
Re: APC: Tambuwal For President? by laughterclub(m): 6:12am On Feb 18, 2013
APC RESCUE MISSION IN NIGERIA 2015,,,,,CAN'T WIN ASO ROCK SEAT...BUT CAN WIN D GOVERNOR SEATS IN SOME STATES.PDP GUY ARE ORACLE IN DIS GAME....PROPHETS OF GOD SHOULD STAY AWAY FROM DIS GAME.....APC VS PDP
Re: APC: Tambuwal For President? by camelus: 6:49am On Feb 18, 2013
eggheaders: the tribal warlords are here again.I don't wanna start this back and forth with them anymore. to the topic, that ticket looks promising tambuwal/fashola.we really need a break from this putrid air.
aπϑ u think nothing good can come out of South east,, Wђα̅† of Chris Ngige?
Re: APC: Tambuwal For President? by anataala: 6:58am On Feb 18, 2013
van bonattel:

It will never sell, the xtians will see it as an insult, and as at the last time I checked, xtians are up to 50% of this country.
please give me the website you have gotten that Christian are 50%, thank you
Re: APC: Tambuwal For President? by camelus: 6:58am On Feb 18, 2013
bashy_demy: God go punish for measuring Muslim in this, Is emir of Kano not Muslim and why did they want to Assassinate him? are those dying not Muslims majority, you no go talk about your Niger/Delta militant wey don bring the Nigeria name into mud in the first place and now on Nigeria payroll, I believe BH also want the same but they are just ignorant on how to act to get there.
aπϑ u think only Emir of Kano aπϑ afew Muslims equals thousands of Christians being murdered by BH(irrational thinking).Repent aπϑ may G̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴͡D̶̲̥̅ have mercy ☺π u̶̲̥̅̊

1 Like

Re: APC: Tambuwal For President? by camelus: 7:11am On Feb 18, 2013
talktimi: mr skybancs, YOU are not an igbo man.
False identity Cos ΰя̩̥̊ not an Ibo ! aπϑ †̥̥Ђӛ likes of Prof. Chalse Soludo,Prof. Dora Akunyili,Senator Ike Ekweremadu,Gov Peter Obi,Surllivan Chime(though medically not sound again),Senator Ken Nnamani,Chief Emeka Anyaoku etc Lack Leadership qualities, aя̣̣̥ε̲̣̣̣̥ u α̲̅ Leaner ?
Re: APC: Tambuwal For President? by bashir1451(m): 7:34am On Feb 18, 2013
[quote author=confusion247]
The answer can easily be found in injustice. Jonathan must complete his second term in office if we still want Nigeria. Then after that Igbos should be allowed to rule if we believe in justice and equality.
Why cant igbos just understand that politics and tribalism are two different things? why do they always bring trouble? Do they think they are that populous that they can defeat hausas and yorubas(tambuwal and fashola)?
Re: APC: Tambuwal For President? by rajiade: 7:36am On Feb 18, 2013
bashy_demy: God go punish for measuring Muslim in this, Is emir of Kano not Muslim and why did they want to Assassinate him? are those dying not Muslims majority, you no go talk about your Niger/Delta militant wey don bring the Nigeria name into mud in the first place and now on Nigeria payroll, I believe BH also want the same but they are just ignorant on how to act to get there.

Must you rain abuses before making a point. Try to portray your religion in good light.

Islam is not the problem, but muslims are.
Islam does not teach aggressiveness, but Muslims are.

Don't tell people about your religion, instead tell them about yourself!
Re: APC: Tambuwal For President? by junglej: 8:23am On Feb 18, 2013
van bonattel:

It will never sell, the xtians will see it as an insult, and as at the last time I checked, xtians are up to 50% of this country.
I don't think you are right. Take for example, Lagos state. there are lots of Christians in Lagos, but no one said because Tinubu is Muslim and so Fashola should not be voted in for his second term. i personally think its all about your ability to perform. Fashola performed is the reason why he is still in power in Lagos, and for that reason, he will get support when he runs in patrner with whoever. The religious thing is just in our head.
Re: APC: Tambuwal For President? by kaeto(m): 8:23am On Feb 18, 2013
Skybancs:

lo, a vagabond... Lo, a bastard... Lo, an osu... Lo, an outcast... Lo, a black sheep... Lo, an slowpoke... Your father and mother also lacks leadership qualities as they are igbos too, and you just prooved it too... Yoruber FOOL like you...

2 Likes

Re: APC: Tambuwal For President? by OrigamiIII: 8:25am On Feb 18, 2013
Fashola should not vie for anything less than the presidency.He is the best card from SW at the moment.He should balance the system by gunning for the senate presidency strategically awaiting the turn of the SW presidency.APC current ticket should be:Sanusi lamido sanusi/Rochas Okorocha.With this APC victory is a sure bet in 2015.
Re: APC: Tambuwal For President? by drogs(m): 8:42am On Feb 18, 2013
Lols. He's a footballer.
coolkris: Who is tambuwal?
Re: APC: Tambuwal For President? by redocean: 8:45am On Feb 18, 2013
APC will end up a failed party if they field two muslims in a country that has more Christains...regardless of Fashola's achievement, religious sentiment is still very strong in the country.
Re: APC: Tambuwal For President? by talktimi(m): 8:48am On Feb 18, 2013
camelus:
False identity Cos ΰя̩̥̊ not an Ibo ! aπϑ †̥̥Ђӛ likes of Prof. Chalse Soludo,Prof. Dora Akunyili,Senator Ike Ekweremadu,Gov Peter Obi,Surllivan Chime(though medically not sound again),Senator Ken Nnamani,Chief Emeka Anyaoku etc Lack Leadership qualities, aя̣̣̥ε̲̣̣̣̥ u α̲̅ Leaner ?
pls kindly show me where I claimed to be an igbo man
Re: APC: Tambuwal For President? by barrchy(f): 8:51am On Feb 18, 2013
A new party dat wants to oust d ruling PDP wants to drafts a sitting PDP lesgistlation with a history of defecting from one party to anoda as its flag bearer?
Note dat tambuwal in d course of his career, started with ANPP, defected to DPP, den went bak 2 ANPP wen he cdnt get DPP ticket b4 finally defecting to PDP.
Religion and tribe are crucial as well...we are Nigerians, it will always count! Dats d fact.
Its not about merging, we want credible candidates with good track records, I don't see that in tambuwal sorry...fashola is a yes! I will vote him despite d religous and ethnic difference. D party shd keep searching n fast too odawise PDP will win again
Re: APC: Tambuwal For President? by purity80(m): 8:52am On Feb 18, 2013
They got it wrong both ethnic wise and religious wise.
Those that are saying that what they want is good leadership, I hope they are not telling us that there is no Igbo that can provide that leadersip. No matter what the calculation is, an Igbo must be involved if the party leaders are not bigots

1 Like

Re: APC: Tambuwal For President? by OmoEziokwu: 9:07am On Feb 18, 2013
lagbaja: People don't seem to realise that a lot has changed and is changing about Nigerian politics. Current Nigeria'w demographic statistics shows that it is majorly made up of youths (youth within the voting age bracket account for more than 60%. 45 million Nigerian youths are connected to the internet and are daily fed with current information. Religion and Ethnicity won't be very important in the next dispensation. Credibility and Capacity will be the determinat. This will be judged by the candidates's antecedents and campagin creativity. Abiola and Kingibe were both muslims. They won their election on the eve of the elections at the debate. Tofa lost because he had nothing to offer. With adequate information and free/fair elections,nigerians are smart enough to choose the right leaders come 2015.

With all the tribalism you see displayed here on NigeriaLand, do you think most Nigerians have matured beyond ethnic and clannish tendencies?

1 Like

Re: APC: Tambuwal For President? by saved: 9:11am On Feb 18, 2013
van bonattel:

Okorocha as president with IBB as vicegrin
:- If you suggest Baba inside gida. Do you want us to always recieve parcel bomb like Dele Giwa inside our gida or "gidas" ? Chai Nigerians...
Re: APC: Tambuwal For President? by Dee60: 9:17am On Feb 18, 2013
The two names are unsuitable. Anyone from the house is not likely to fight corruption. Voting Fashola is allowing godfatherism (Tinubu in disguise) to take hold again in Aso Rock.

Give us better ideas! there are still some excellent names like Okonjo Iweala, Lamido Sanusi, Akpabio, Mimiko, Ribadu, Oshiomole etc....

1 Like

Re: APC: Tambuwal For President? by bappahman: 9:27am On Feb 18, 2013
saved: :- If you suggest Baba inside gida. Do you want us to always recieve parcel bomb like Dele Giwa inside our gida or "gidas" ? Chai Nigerians...
Re: APC: Tambuwal For President? by DrSadikMagaji(m): 9:32am On Feb 18, 2013
ilugunboy:

The way you practice xtianity is not the same way it's done elsewhere..
thank u
Re: APC: Tambuwal For President? by Mukaz: 9:52am On Feb 18, 2013
Gbawe:

Forget it. The most intelligent politicians, like Tinubu, fully understand the aspect of politics that is about perception and image . It would be mentally damaging for the APC , after many sagacious characters have put sterling efforts into the merger from day one, to then go and court a serving PDP Politician as Presidential candidate. That won't happen because it defies logic and goes against what needs to be done to achieve a defeat of the PDP.

Even a child knows it is a self-destructive and losing strategy let alone the ultra-intelligent analysts who will realise the APC stand no chance if it cannot establish an independent identity using its own sagacious, most influential and best known characters. No ex-PDP member will get President or VP slot in the APC.
U're on poin my brother.
Re: APC: Tambuwal For President? by bong4(m): 9:55am On Feb 18, 2013
confusion247:

As your name, so your comments. Nigeria is bigger than one single ethnic group.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Army Bans Motorcycles In Some States To Curb Kidnapping (Full List) / Gov Election 2023: Sanwo-olu Wins Tinubu Polling Unit Amid Low Turnout / Emir Sanusi Pictured With His Beautiful Daughters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.