Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,440 members, 7,819,622 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:21 PM

APC: Tambuwal For President? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC: Tambuwal For President? (28697 Views)

National Assembly Members Know What Is Good For APC – Tambuwal. / Chief Olusegun Obasanjo Backs Tambuwal For Presidency In 2015. / . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC: Tambuwal For President? by Nobody: 4:39pm On Feb 17, 2013
bappahman: Groups withing and outside APC are lobbying for Buhari to support speaker aminu tambuwal as presidential candidate in 2015. National assembly members across parties are busy lobbying northern governors and elders to make sure buhari steps down and supports tambuwal..It is believed that Gov fashola will be his vice if everything goes according to plan...
How did it become so easy for people to just made any comment anyhow? The last time I checked Tambuwwal was in the PDP and I believe he is still in the PDP. So he will just cross carpet and he will be made the presidential candidate of APC as if APC is not already peopled with more qualified candidates. No wonder, we are having the crop of leadership that we are having? A nation can only get the kind of leadership that the citizens deserve at any particular moment.
Re: APC: Tambuwal For President? by bjdon: 4:41pm On Feb 17, 2013
davesndy:
Let us not pretend. A muslim-muslim ticket won't work. Nigerians don't have enough trust to make that work
Not with what is happening at present in this country
There was a time (1993 for example) when a such a ticket could have worked. No after years of Islamic induced murder and carnage there is simply no way a muslim-muslim ticket can work in present day Nigeria. It's a sad fact as we really should be looking beyond religion in selecting our leaders, but that is the reality on the ground today

1 Like

Re: APC: Tambuwal For President? by Nobody: 4:42pm On Feb 17, 2013
bappahman: Groups withing and outside APC are lobbying for Buhari to support speaker aminu tambuwal as presidential candidate in 2015. National assembly members across parties are busy lobbying northern governors and elders to make sure buhari steps down and supports tambuwal..It is believed that Gov fashola will be his vice if everything goes according to plan...

Source please.
Re: APC: Tambuwal For President? by Nobody: 4:42pm On Feb 17, 2013
[size=18pt]Why front page, when there is not even any source given by op

reserve my comments until there is a credible source for the story[/size]
Re: APC: Tambuwal For President? by najoke: 4:43pm On Feb 17, 2013
ifihearam: As an apostle of truth and one who has the best interest of Nigerians at heart,I am yet to see any man that APC would present that can stand GEJ,absolutely none,I suggest we allow him rule till 2019 after which we can see who has a near attribute because right now there is none. Like seriously none.

Hopefully this time around GEJ won't run away from presidential debate......then we will know if GEJ can stand ANYONE!!!
Re: APC: Tambuwal For President? by executinal(m): 4:44pm On Feb 17, 2013
space booked till op provide source to this rumour
Re: APC: Tambuwal For President? by AnanseK(m): 4:44pm On Feb 17, 2013
careytommy: boko haram conglomerate forming shape.

What you need is craniotomy.
Re: APC: Tambuwal For President? by Peterboy1(m): 4:46pm On Feb 17, 2013
they are wasting there tyme,what has tambawal achieved to make him run 4 president?
Re: APC: Tambuwal For President? by nadias877(f): 4:47pm On Feb 17, 2013
bappahman: Tribalism/regionalism isn't fairness...democracy is not about tribe its abt the voting the right person for the right post
That was exactly my thought.
Re: APC: Tambuwal For President? by ezedolar: 4:48pm On Feb 17, 2013
So that two of them will turn Nigeria into Iraq and Iran
Re: APC: Tambuwal For President? by kobikwelu(m): 4:51pm On Feb 17, 2013
beer parlour jist....Tambuwal indeed..

Look i voted for GEJ the last time around and i must tell you, i made a mistake...

This time, bUHARI gets my vote...
The thing is, buhari allowed his candidacy to be hijacked by extremists and this automatically turned-off well meaning middle-class Nigerians who might have considered him, owing to his anti-corruption stance..

again, this Tambuwal/ Fashola combo still na just beer parlour talk...grow up !!

the both of them are still kids with cerelac breathes..
Re: APC: Tambuwal For President? by Nobody: 4:51pm On Feb 17, 2013
PsychOps by that PDP rag again? cheesy

2015: APC eyes Tambuwal for presidency •As pressure mounts on Buhari, Tinubu to drop ambition •It’s all rumour - Speaker

AHEAD of the 2015 elections, and in the bid to field a credible candidate that could deliver the presidency for the new alliance, All Progressive Congress (APC), some leaders of the new party were said to have zeroed in on the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Honourable Aminu Waziri Tambuwal as a potential presidential candidate. for the party.

Sources close to the Joint Consultative meeting of the party held in Abuja told the Sunday Tribune that the leaders agreed on Tambuwal, who they hoped to be persuaded to leave the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) ahead of the 2015 elections.

Sources said that the choice of Tambuwal was agreed on after the younger elements within the party canvassed for a paradigm shift, by arguing that both former head of state, General Muhammadu Buhari and the leader of Action Congress of Nigeria, Senator Bola Tinubu, be prevailed upon to withdraw from the 2015 race and leave the turf for a younger but acceptable candidate.

It was learnt that leaders of the opposition see Tambuwal as a man who had risen above partisanship by giving equal leverage to the opposition leadership in the House and one who could draw more PDP members to the APC should he agree to the proposal.

On the possible backlash should the speaker rise to the bait, it was gathered that the APC planned to engineer a massive defection of members of the House of Representatives from the PDP to its fold to checkmate possible threat of impeachment.

“Currently, the opposition parties have a combined number of 160 members, that is if the merger works. We already have Democratic Peoples Party (DPP) joining the merger. So with all opposition parties in the merger, we will only be 40 seats short of the PDP. With a massive defection between now and next year, the APC can secure the number to even make Tambuwal an APC speaker,” a source said.

Asked whether Tambuwal is already in the know of the arrangement, the source said that this was the decision of some of the leaders, which had not been communicated to him, saying they hoped to make it happen,because they saw Tambuwal as a “great source of support.” The the push in the APC, the source said further, was to ensure that younger elements were given leadership roles to play.

Another source said: “Members of the concerned opposition political parties in the National Assembly have met to deliberate on the issue. They have seen this as exciting.”

Sources also said that the APC meeting in Abuja also concluded that once the party was able to persuade Tambuwal and ensure the spread of members, that development would also assist them significantly in capturing more seats in the National Assembly and governorship seats as well.

A report of one of the meetings indicated that the above remained “the best and easiest way” the APC could capture political power.

“We are convinced that Tambuwal has been a great pillar of support to us and he remains our great target for 2015,” one of the sources further stated.

It was gathered that some leaders of the party have continued to mount pressure on General Buhari to dump his presidential ambition to pave the way for younger elements, just as forces are also said to be working on Tinubu to support the quest so that APC could snatch power from the PDP.

But the speaker had denied knowledge of such a proposal. One of the aides who spoke to Sunday Tribune described the issue as a mere rumour saying it was not true, that no one had contacted his boss nor was he contemplating dumping the party that brought him to prominence.

Source
Re: APC: Tambuwal For President? by watchindelta(m): 4:51pm On Feb 17, 2013
why nt Tambuwal vice then fashola president? must norther always yarn for the whole of nigerias smh?

1 Like

Re: APC: Tambuwal For President? by danny301: 4:51pm On Feb 17, 2013
van bonattel:

Can you ever make a comment without insults, is this how they raised you?

What is insult in somebody asking you to speak for yourself? Tribal warlords like you go about causing division in this country for your selfish reasons.... Who are you in the scheme of things in the south to say who they will vote for?
Re: APC: Tambuwal For President? by mmmustapha(m): 4:52pm On Feb 17, 2013
van bonattel:

Two muslims?
and u hate that
Re: APC: Tambuwal For President? by Esiere: 4:53pm On Feb 17, 2013
. The most intelligent politicians, like Tinubu, fully understand the aspect of politics that is about perception and image . It would be mentally damaging for the APC , after many sagacious characters have put sterling efforts into the merger from day one, to then go and court a serving PDP Politician as Presidential candidate. That won't happen because it defies logic and goes against what needs to be done to achieve a defeat of the PDP.

Even a child knows it is a self-destructive and losing strategy let alone the ultra-intelligent analysts who will realise the APC stand no chance if it cannot establish an independent identity using its own sagacious, most influential and best known characters. No ex-PDP member will get President or VP slot in the APC.

God bless you. You are thinking.
Re: APC: Tambuwal For President? by Angel778(f): 4:56pm On Feb 17, 2013
bappahman:
Justice should be to nigerians not igbos or SS...we need ☑ leadership not tribal leadership
with this mentality, how do you expect Nigeria to move forward? Leadership base on zoning instead of competency @confusion247
Re: APC: Tambuwal For President? by boyt1: 4:56pm On Feb 17, 2013
APC, the highlight of the biggest Comedy game in nigeria politics.
Re: APC: Tambuwal For President? by Mylove55(f): 4:57pm On Feb 17, 2013
It can't be true,it wil not work.no northerner is better than gej,except buhari.if Apc wants to win,dey select frm southerner which is impossible.chose frm fashola,osho,rochas.to pair with any one frm north

1 Like

Re: APC: Tambuwal For President? by bobokelly(m): 4:57pm On Feb 17, 2013
Ok, Tambua is good for president but, Fashoro or Fashola, is not good for vice president, firstly is also a muslim like Tambua, secondly the hardship he has place on lagosians will not give him winnig.
Re: APC: Tambuwal For President? by 40Lightyears: 4:58pm On Feb 17, 2013
Sibrah: I heard PDP is working on a Fashola(P)/Jonathan(VP) ticket owing to the poor performance of the GEJ govt under PDP. They are taking it serious as they don't want to concede power to APC. The move to woo Fashola by PDP is beleived to be an attempt to unsettle the APC camp by killing two birds with one stone as it will weaken APC and significantly strengthen PDP. Na so i hear oh . . . Lol.

U lie o! shocked shocked shocked Or maybe u didn't hear right. How can a one time president go back to being a vice?? That's demotion

of the highest-order na. grin grin grin Quit pulling our legs, ok!
Re: APC: Tambuwal For President? by Mrchippychappy(m): 4:59pm On Feb 17, 2013
Tambuwal -President
Fashola- Vice President
Abu quak quak - Senate president

SAI APC!!! SAI Boko haram!!!

2 Likes

Re: APC: Tambuwal For President? by phreakabit(m): 5:00pm On Feb 17, 2013
There isn't much to say. . . . . I have always been non partisan all my life, but right from the inception of APC, I have always known it was a joke of a party. . . . Another one of those "One election parties". Igbo's are much much more smarter than people believe. We won't fall for this PRANK of an alliance.

3 Likes

Re: APC: Tambuwal For President? by xxyz17(m): 5:02pm On Feb 17, 2013
Sanu what!!!! shocked shocked shocked

van bonattel:

Sanusi/Festus Odimegwu

Re: APC: Tambuwal For President? by tarryT(m): 5:03pm On Feb 17, 2013
eggheaders:

like seriously I reason with you stance.am just so sick of the present administration.he has successfully divided us along religious and ethnic line like no other Prexy before.
......as if na today wey we divide...the division is congenital from "lugardarian" madness...its only stage4 born hypocrite that will come here and vomit what u just wrote,,,, the earlier we admit that we are not one, the better our prognosis..

2 Likes

Re: APC: Tambuwal For President? by Lustig(m): 5:05pm On Feb 17, 2013
Is it 2015 yet? Can't these selected 'leaders' focus more on how to move this nation foward?
Re: APC: Tambuwal For President? by Gbongbonosi(f): 5:06pm On Feb 17, 2013
Hmmm tabuwa faholsa for where who will vote for them even southwest cannot vote for them two Muslims because of what please can you tell me the different btw tabuwal and gej I prefer to give my vote for Jonathan rather than tabuwal
Re: APC: Tambuwal For President? by CyberG: 5:06pm On Feb 17, 2013
van bonattel:

It will never sell, the xtians will see it as an insult, and as at the last time I checked, xtians are up to 50% of this country.

Speak for YOURSELF ONLY! I do not see it as an INSULT as the only insulting here is your blanket generalization on behalf of millions of Christians and Muslims who will have only one vote like yourself!
Re: APC: Tambuwal For President? by naijacann: 5:07pm On Feb 17, 2013
I can only vote for a Ribadu/Oshiomole(or Rochas) OR Buhari/Oshiomole (or Rochas) ticket[b][/b]
Re: APC: Tambuwal For President? by Nobody: 5:07pm On Feb 17, 2013
All these one na spec... Wait and see..

The best chance for the party is Buhari/Fashola..

If the party is indeed putting personal interest aside, They will know if any big wig in PDP like Mark or Atiku come out to contest, Buhari/Fashola will defeat both in NW, NC, NE and SW. SS/SE can not impose any candidate on Nigeria. Jonathan can not win states like Akwa Ibom, Delta, Edo and as it turns out Ngige's state without rigging. Jonathan can only win Rivers and Bayelsa in a free and fair election maybe SE states too but apart from that, Edo is off the SS band wagon, so is Delta and Akwa Ibom. The entire SS shiit is an Ijaw manipulation to have a region they can control. Ever noticed the Ijaws are the ones collecting the Amnesty money? They the ones in charge of "Niger Delta" affairs even though their only enclave is Bayelsa? What about the Igbos in Rivers and Delta? The Edo, Bini, Yorubas(Itsekiri, Ilaje, Olukumi, Akoko Edo etc), Annang, Efik, Ogoni, Urhobo,etc.. All these groups are lumped into the fallacy of SS/ND and yet Ijaws run the affairs?

Ijaws like the SE, lack political sophistication. They don't know how to win the hearts of neighboring ethnics. That is why the cookie will crumble in 2015. ND/SS is no longer a political machine the Ijaws can use and they know this very very well. Edwin Clarke will just die if he continues to stress himself over Jonathan, Joe is a failed attempt.

If really Buhari is to step down, then Ribadu/Fashola is the next best thing we can have seeing as El Rufai has a tainted history but he is now speaking the truth but still, El Rufai can't be trusted with power. Buhari/Fashola or Ribadu/Fashola. The merger will have to put Fashola on any ticket they go with else they are really not ready to wrestle power from PDP.

Although I'll like to see younger than Buhari candidates but the truth is Buhari/Fashola is still very very very good. Even if all Buhari will do is just one term. We need a man of Buhari caliber to clean the system. I'm not saying it's only Buhari that can clean the system but Buhari is the only popular and proven one. Ngige might have what it takes to make Nigeria good but he is not as popular as Buhari or sellable as Buhari. The merger will need to be very strategic and not pushing Buhari to back down because it won't help if they lose. Buhari won the last election fair and square..

1 Like

Re: APC: Tambuwal For President? by Nobody: 5:08pm On Feb 17, 2013
still no source
Re: APC: Tambuwal For President? by kkkp: 5:10pm On Feb 17, 2013
Tribalism and religiosity instead of credibilty..dis politicians dnt care abt our religion or tribe. Dey r interested in milkin us dry..I WEEP FOR DIS NATION**smiles n shake my head and continue watchin my match****

-----

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2013/02/2015-presidencytambuwal-under-pressure-to-contest/

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/2015-presidency-it-s-a-bait-tambuwal-don-t-fall-for-it/138934/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

President Buhari's 90 Yr Old Supporter Returns From Medical Trip Abroad ..photos / Court orders the release of Orji Uzor Kalu from Jail / FG Grants N16 Trillion Waiver To Dangote, Honeywell, 44 Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.