Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,775 members, 7,810,021 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:47 PM

APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees (26031 Views)

Oshiomhole, Okorocha, & Yari Battle For NGF Chairmanship / Amaechi, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Shun Governors Meeting / Amaechi, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Shun South/South-South/East Gov Forum Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by rhymz(m): 6:14pm On Mar 12, 2013
buzo 1: There is always a saying, its not abt the times you fall bt its about the way u rise. Buhari has fallen yet he's still rising. Abraham Lincoln in USA failed but he did not allow dat to disturb him. Today, he is well celebrated in USA, so will Buhari in Nigeria, when voted for. Think Twice when writing ur comment don't follow the multitude o. Cheers
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by Biafrarep(m): 6:39pm On Mar 12, 2013
emiye:

In 1998, concession was made by the political juggernauts to allow power go to the south west, . In the light of that, it meant power was to rotate from South to the North, after 8years, it followed that trend, when a northerner in the person of late yaradua came on board as president in 2007, fate had a different plan, with less than 3 years in to his tenure, he died, Goodluck was to serve out his boss tenure, and hand over in 2011 to a northern man ideally, this did not happen, he decided to contest in 2011, he won. By the time he serves out his mandate in 2015, Nigeria would have had uninterrupted 16years of new democracy,

(1) the south would have being at the helm of affairs for 14 years out of the 16 years.

(2) The gentle man agreement of power rotation between the North and south seriously breached.(at least by the ruling party)

I am a southerner and i for one is less concerned about which region or religion, a president will emerge from
, but let's imagine, if the tide had turned and the situation was like the north had being at the helm of affairs for 14 years out of the 16 years. and the incumbent Northern president is still gearing to seek for another four years.

How will an average southern Nigerian feel ?. Won't they feel cheated?

An average nigerian sensibilities is hurt in situations like that (Northerner or Southerner).

You are not sincere brother, you conveniently put it in a contest of nort-South divide, yet Nigeria stands on a tripod, while two legs of the tripod has ruled for many years between them, one was left out. Since independence in 1960(53 years), the Igbo has ruled for only 6 months! Is that not wickedness? If you are honest as you claim, then you will support Igbo presidency and not play to the gallery.
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by Biafrarep(m): 6:39pm On Mar 12, 2013
emiye:

In 1998, concession was made by the political juggernauts to allow power go to the south west, . In the light of that, it meant power was to rotate from South to the North, after 8years, it followed that trend, when a northerner in the person of late yaradua came on board as president in 2007, fate had a different plan, with less than 3 years in to his tenure, he died, Goodluck was to serve out his boss tenure, and hand over in 2011 to a northern man ideally, this did not happen, he decided to contest in 2011, he won. By the time he serves out his mandate in 2015, Nigeria would have had uninterrupted 16years of new democracy,

(1) the south would have being at the helm of affairs for 14 years out of the 16 years.

(2) The gentle man agreement of power rotation between the North and south seriously breached.(at least by the ruling party)

I am a southerner and i for one is less concerned about which region or religion, a president will emerge from
, but let's imagine, if the tide had turned and the situation was like the north had being at the helm of affairs for 14 years out of the 16 years. and the incumbent Northern president is still gearing to seek for another four years.

How will an average southern Nigerian feel ?. Won't they feel cheated?

An average nigerian sensibilities is hurt in situations like that (Northerner or Southerner).

Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by Biafrarep(m): 7:04pm On Mar 12, 2013
dayokanu:

You want to know the voting power of the SouthWest when they really care check the 1999 figures for Olu Falae

http://www.electoralgeography.com/new/en/countries/n/nigeria/nigeria-presidential-election-1999.html

GEJ got 2.4 m votes from SW in 2011 I am assuring you with Buhari-Fashola vs GEJ It would be 80% figures for APC.

In 1999, Falae got over 4m votes from the SW alone despite contesting against a fellow SWesterner. thats 14yrs ago, Population has increased, People are now more politically conscious. I see no how Fashola ticket wont cop an excess of 6-8m votes

The 6 SW states have voting population thats very high
FALLACY! What swing votes are you blabbing about? The fact is that Igbos have a bigger voting block than the Yorubas, the Igbos make up over 95% of the 5 south east states, one half of Lagos state, 4O% of Abuja, 1/3 of Kano city, and equally has considerable population in many other states of the federation. The Igbos largely contributed to the success of GEJ with their block vote!
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by Nobody: 7:31pm On Mar 12, 2013
dayokanu:

In 1993 Sylvester Ugo a man from the SE contested as Bashir Tofas running mate. Yet that did not stop Lagosians from giving MKO over 70% votes

In 2003 Okadigbo was the running mate of the ANPP and that did not stop lagosians from giving OBJ the landslide majority.

Yorubas make about 80% of the voting population in lagos.

During elections who do you think vote? Its the indigenes and the local people that do most of the voting

I de laugh like obasnjo.Was Bakare not buhari's running mate in the last elections? Why didn't the yorubas vote for him? Dayo you really amaze me with your sentimantal analysis.You really believe yorubas make up 80% of lagos? Have you heard the popular saying "lagos is no man's land" how do you think that came about.Lagos like Kadunna is too cosmopolitan and the chances of any of the presidential aspirants securing more than 60% of votes there would be very slim.You will just have to hold me to my words and if it pleases God to keep us alive, we will both reanalyse the results of the 2015 elections in the light of this statements.

I know one thing for sure,the lagos I live in is definity not up to 70% yoruba population
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by Nobody: 7:35pm On Mar 12, 2013
chukwudi44:

I de laugh like obasnjo.Was Bakare not buhari's running mate in the last elections? Why didn't the yorubas vote for him? Dayo you really amaze me with your sentimantal analysis.You really believe yorubas make up 80% of lagos? Have you heard the popular saying "lagos is no man's land" how do you think that came about.Lagos like Kadunna is too cosmopolitan and the chances of any of the presidential aspirants securing more than 60% of votes there would be very slim.You will just have to hold me to my words and if it pleases God to keep us alive, we will both reanalyse the results of the 2015 elections in the light of this statements.

I know one thing for sure,the lagos I live in is definity not up to 70% yoruba population

Most Yorubas in Lagos live on the mainland, while the Island areas are definitely more populated by non-Yorubas.
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by dayokanu(m): 7:37pm On Mar 12, 2013
Biafra rep: FALLACY! What swing votes are you blabbing about? The fact is that Igbos have a bigger voting block than the Yorubas, the Igbos make up over 95% of the 5 south east states, one half of Lagos state, 4O% of Abuja, 1/3 of Kano city, and equally has considerable population in many other states of the federation. The Igbos largely contributed to the success of GEJ with their block vote!

Igbos make half of lagos voters yet we have never had a Igbo Governor not even Deputy. Not even Senator, house of rep

You are funny
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by dayokanu(m): 7:40pm On Mar 12, 2013
chukwudi44:

Bakare is a nobody in Yoruba Politics who cares about what Bakare says?

I repeat Yorubas make up 80% of Lagos VOTING population who do you think go to polling booth to vote? Do you think the big men in Lekki, VI Ikoyi even have a voters card?

You mean those big men in VI, Ikoyi and Lekki would stay in the sun to register or vote?

Election day for them is the day to watch TV and relax with the family..

na the indigenes mainly that do the voting because they are the ones connected with the Grassroot and know the contestants. They probably knew Fashola while growing up and have much vested interest . Go to any election center its mainly the market women, mechanic, drivers, students and generally the low income people who do the voting

Check lagos votes and compare the numbers that come from Alimosho Agege LGA with those from Eti Osa, FESTAC and those places

havent you heard that during Census or elections Some ibos travel back to their region to be counted and vote?

1 Like

Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by Nobody: 7:54pm On Mar 12, 2013
dayokanu:

Bakare is a nobody in Yoruba Politics who cares about what Bakare says?

I repeat Yorubas make up 80% of Lagos VOTING population who do you think go to polling booth to vote? Do you think the big men in Lekki, VI Ikoyi even have a voters card?

You mean those big men in VI, Ikoyi and Lekki would stay in the sun to register or vote?

Election day for them is the day to watch TV and relax with the family..

na the indigenes mainly that do the voting because they are the ones connected with the Grassroot and know the contestants. They probably knew Fashola while growing up and have much vested interest . Go to any election center its mainly the market women, mechanic, drivers, students and generally the low income people who do the voting

Check lagos votes and compare the numbers that come from Alimosho Agege LGA with those from Eti Osa, FESTAC and those places

havent you heard that during Census or elections Some ibos travel back to their region to be counted and vote?

Dayo like I said earlier we will meet again after the elections.who told you non-yorubas only stay on the island? Have you gone to mushin,okoko,festac and its environs.abeg u guys should not make me laugh too hard
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by saintohia: 7:57pm On Mar 12, 2013
chukwudi44:

^^^^^

The highest may be 50% Yoruba, which is also in doubt.

Though, Igbos are more than 40% of Lagos population.

Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by dayokanu(m): 7:59pm On Mar 12, 2013
chukwudi44: Dayo like I said earlier we will meet again after the elections.who told you non-yorubas only stay on the island? Have you gone to mushin,okoko,festac and its environs.abeg u guys should not make me laugh too hard

Most people who vote and contest elections are mainly Yorubas

You claim 50% of lagos voters yet you have never produced a governor, a Deputy, a Senator a House or rep

How many LGA chairman do Non Yorubas have in lagos? How many Councillor sef?

Siddon for NL dey deceive yourself

1 Like

Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by saintohia: 8:01pm On Mar 12, 2013
chukwudi44:

Dayo like I said earlier we will meet again after the elections.who told you non-yorubas only stay on the island? Have you gone to mushin,okoko,festac and its environs.abeg u guys should not make me laugh too hard

^^^^^^

He knows the truth, but would want to drag you around.

Next election or a census before next election would straighten some facts.

Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by dayokanu(m): 8:01pm On Mar 12, 2013
saintohia: ^^^^^

The highest may be 50% Yoruba, which is also in doubt.

Though, Igbos are more than 40% of Lagos population.

What did you score in Mathematics O level

OK help me fill it out

If Igbos are more than 40% that means maybe 45% abi?

How many percentage are South South people? (Edo, Delta, Calabar, Rivers etc)

How many percentage are hausa who dominate Kiosk, Suya, Okada business?

How many percentage are middle belters

And How many percentage are Yorubas

Fill in the gap please
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by Afam4eva(m): 8:03pm On Mar 12, 2013
You guys are just speculating. Nobody really knows the tribal distribution of Lagos.
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by saintohia: 8:03pm On Mar 12, 2013
Biafra rep: FALLACY! What swing votes are you blabbing about? The fact is that Igbos have a bigger voting block than the Yorubas, the Igbos make up over 95% of the 5 south east states, one half of Lagos state, 4O% of Abuja, 1/3 of Kano city, and equally has considerable population in many other states of the federation. The Igbos largely contributed to the success of GEJ with their block vote!

^^^^^

You are right.

Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by dayokanu(m): 8:05pm On Mar 12, 2013
Afam4eva: You guys are just speculating. Nobody really knows the tribal distribution of Lagos.

Yeah we are speculating but do you think anyone with half a brain would say Igbos make over 40% of lagos Population?

I have asked them to fill the gaps below

Fill in the gap please

And If igbos are that much how come they have never been in elective posts
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by Afam4eva(m): 8:34pm On Mar 12, 2013
dayokanu:

Yeah we are speculating but do you think anyone with half a brain would say Igbos make over 40% of lagos Population?

I have asked them to fill the gaps below

Fill in the gap please

And If igbos are that much how come they have never been in elective posts
I don't personally think Igbos make up 40%. That's just astronomical if you ask me. I think to be on the safe side, i'll say they're anything below 29% and below. Hausas have large populations in specific places where they ply their trade but are no everywhere like Yorubas and Igbos. Igbos can be found in every nook and cranny of Lagos and also in places where they're known to ply their their trade. To be sincere, Igbos are very much in Lagos. Yorubas are probably somewhere between 40% to 50%. While Northerners and southern minorities make up the remaining number.

And btw, i don't know why you keep bringing up why Igbos are not in elective position in lagos as if that's how it works in NIgeria. As it stands now, even if Igbos are 80% of Lagos, Yorubas will most likely still produce the governor. Go and ask people in Plateau why Fulanis have not produced the governor of that state despite their population.
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by Nobody: 10:43pm On Mar 12, 2013
chukwudi44: The level of ignorance displayed on this thread is quite nauseating.people are here counting states as if we are operating the american electoral system.All nigeria requires is majority of total votes cast provided you score 25% in @ least 24 states.A candidate can win in majority of the states and still loose the elections.All this talk of any zone been more important than the other is rubbish.
@dayoanku

I hope kadunna is not among your 19 states which you are giving to buhari

The tone of the election will be

SE/SS/MB vs NW/NE/SW zone wise it is balanced but who will win majority of the votes will carry the day.

Talking about majority of the votes we all know that the population of hausas/yorubas in the SS/SE is negligible compared to the population of igbos/SS in the yoruba and hausa states.we all saw that pattern in the last elections.

Buhari was winning 50-60% while Jonathan was winning 80-90%
With this reply, i will go an sleep for 10 hours non stop. So some people are still thinking right? Counting states no be small thing o, see as dem dey arrange all dese figures since morning, i jus dey wonder.
I opened an old thread of 2010 and saw what people predicted there i.e before Yaradua's demise, i couldnt help laughing yesterday. None of dem even predicted GEJ will ever make d presidential seat. They were all talking opposite of wat is happening now as if a prayerful person swore against all the comments there.
The point is dat as we make all dese speculations based on our diverse wishes, one shouldnt give himself much headache, cos d future is 'very' pregnant.
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by emiye(m): 11:54pm On Mar 12, 2013
Biafra rep: You are not sincere brother, you conveniently put it in a contest of nort-South divide, yet Nigeria stands on a tripod, while two legs of the tripod has ruled for many years between them, one was left out. Since independence in 1960(53 years), the Igbo has ruled for only 6 months! Is that not wickedness? If you are honest as you claim, then you will support Igbo presidency and not play to the gallery.

I am so concerned about the quality of governance from whoever is on the presidential seat than to put premium on the region (s)he comes from.

What tripod does nigeria stand on?

When Nigeria was amalgamated, was it not Northern and Southern Nigeria in 1914?

Wont the country be celebrating 100 years of it next year?

If you are talking of Yoruba, Hausa-fulani , igbo, then you are so wrong to call it the tripod, they only make 62% of the total population. the other tribes making roughly 40% are they not Nigerians ?.

I am a Yoruba Christian man, but will gladly vote a buddhist , igbo, hausa or whatever man who will deliver sustainable development to the country.

I am pointing out the situation that by 2015, the south would have ruled for 14years out of the last 16 years, not because i really care about it, but because i am aware an average nigerian man like you (northerner / Southerner) painfully have sentimental attachments to things like that.

2 Likes

Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by Nobody: 6:37am On Mar 13, 2013
^^^ guy, leave dat thing. Cant u see those core northerners are going more mad by d day, so wat do i hope to gain from voting any of dem? N clearly, d yorubas support their madness so the south is divided.
Lets stop all dis pretence,if northerners dont change dier ways n even grant amnesty to the rest of Nigeria (lol) ,many of us wont mind voting GEJ 23 times again.
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by ecosanders: 7:25am On Mar 13, 2013
ngozievergreen: ^^^ guy, leave dat thing. Cant u see those core northerners are going more mad by d day, so wat do i hope to gain from voting any of dem? N clearly, d yorubas support their madness so the south is divided.
Lets stop all dis pretence,if northerners dont change dier ways n even grant amnesty to the rest of Nigeria (lol) ,many of us wont mind voting GEJ 23 times again.
Qualifying Northerners with d word "GOING MAD" Realy speak much of d kind of upbringing u received, bitch like u only view issues through sentimental, bigoted n hatred lence. I wil use dis as a caution 4 nw, n if u dnt desist n comment like a reasonable person, den i wil put u in ur place.

1 Like

Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by revolt(m): 7:58am On Mar 13, 2013
omonnakoda:
That is the way alll Nigerians feel about the Ibo. The ibo man does not know how to humble himself and woo others.Rather is boastful and arrogant.Last week we heard how Abokis control oil blocks.See how long they hid it if it is true.The Ibo man would shout from the roof tops about how that is proof of his superior business acumen and it is of course on merit.. Ibo men tell others we are the best this best that ,Nigerians are fed up to the back teeth of that.Sadly you guys do NOT get it and so just continue.
Of all the major ethnic groups you are the ones persisting with this MASSOB thing ,you need to make up your mind.

The world will not change for the Ibo man the Ibo man must change for the world to deal with the Nigerian reality as it really is and not how he imagines it is or should be .Until then keep dreaming
no need to mince n sugarcoat ur sentimnts, yours is a strong case of logorrhean IGBOPHOBIA. AWoist type

1 Like

Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by Nobody: 3:21pm On Mar 13, 2013
ecosanders: Qualifying Northerners with d word "GOING MAD" Realy speak much of d kind of upbringing u received, bitch like u only view issues through sentimental, bigoted n hatred lence. I wil use dis as a caution 4 nw, n if u dnt desist n comment like a reasonable person, den i wil put u in ur place.
watever,baby

and besides, Y are u making it look like i care wat u think?
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by Eziachi: 9:58pm On Mar 13, 2013
chukwudi44:
Kadunna has almost 50% indigineous xtian population not to talk about the southerners living there.Kadunna would likely be. 50-50 case it is just too close to call
Not every moslem voted for Buhari, neither all Christians voted for Jonathan. You guys should stop kidding yourselves about this Northern Christians. Northern man think like, irrespective of their religion, in fact they killed more Biafran during the war than their moslem brother. It was the northern Christians that murdered Ironsi and Fajuyi.
When the chicks are down, you will regret counting on them.

1 Like

Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by dayokanu(m): 1:10am On Mar 14, 2013
Eziachi:
Not every moslem voted for Buhari, neither all Christians voted for Jonathan. You guys should stop kidding yourselves about this Northern Christians. Northern man think like, irrespective of their religion, in fact they killed more Biafran during the war than their moslem brother. It was the northern Christians that murdered Ironsi and Fajuyi.
When the chicks are down, you will regret counting on them.

Eziachi you need to educate your people more about Nigeria histiry

Let them tell us the role Yakubu Gowon, Theophilus Danjuma, Joseph Garba, Joshua Dongoyaro, Domkat Bali, Jeremiah Useni, John Shagaya Ishaya Bamaiyi, etc played in Nigeria

The longest ever serving Nigerian President in a Middle belt Christian named Yakubu Gowon

Most of the Oil well is owned by a Northern Xtian named Theo Danjuma
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by Nobody: 6:28am On Mar 14, 2013
Jamisco:

point of correction:

Buhari did not won election in Adamawa, Taraba and Gombe States in the NE. Also he did not won election in Kaduna State, so if things come by your calculation, Buhari will win 9 States in both the NE AND NW

You think Atiku would again rig the elections for GEJ in Adamawa should GEJ renege on his 2-terms promise and contest in 2015, abi? keep dreaming. BTW, Buhari won Gombe and Kaduna states in 2011
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by Nwogeh: 7:43pm On Mar 19, 2013
The truth is dt we need a change and i believ dt opposition would give us dis change to some extent. Atleast let power change hands. I believ in APC but offcourse if de flag Oga Buhari, de wil be worst dan present cos d fact still remains dt Buhari is too unreasonabl and unacceptable to majority of Nigerians. Past dictators cant rule dis country again. We need fresh blood like Oshiomole or Fashiola then one oda serious guy from north as running mate if not GEJ will stil win whic i dont pray 4. As for Igbo president, my brethren 4get it 4now cos d calculus is yet 2favour us.
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by rhymz(m): 7:50pm On Mar 19, 2013
Nwogeh: The truth is dt we need a change and i believ dt opposition would give us dis change to some extent. Atleast let power change hands. I believ in APC but offcourse if de flag Oga Buhari, de wil be worst dan present cos d fact still remains dt Buhari is too unreasonabl and unacceptable to majority of Nigerians. Past dictators cant rule dis country again. We need fresh blood like Oshiomole or Fashiola then one oda serious guy from north as running mate if not GEJ will stil win whic i dont pray 4. As for Igbo president, my brethren 4get it 4now cos d calculus is yet 2favour us.
iwu otula
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by Nwogeh: 6:27pm On Apr 08, 2013
rhymz: iwu otula

truth is quite bitter. Whether we say it or not its still d truth

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

FG Monitors Nigerians’ Facebook, Twitter Accounts / PDP Governors Sack Uche Secondus / 13 Killed, 40 Others Injured As Boko Haram Rains Rockets On Maiduguri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.