Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,750 members, 7,820,587 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees (26055 Views)

Oshiomhole, Okorocha, & Yari Battle For NGF Chairmanship / Amaechi, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Shun Governors Meeting / Amaechi, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Shun South/South-South/East Gov Forum Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by rhymz(m): 10:37am On Mar 11, 2013
Maple:

Dude, the fact that PDP control some states in the North doesnt mean a pooh. Nigerians dont vote for parties when it comes to the presidential elections. People in SW didnt vote for Ribadu despite him running on ACN ticket. States in the North had to be rigged for GEJ in 2011. Considering the Anger and riots that happened in the North because of that, Politicians in the North would deem it too risky to support GEJ again against a northern presidential candidate, especially if that candidate turned out to be Buhari. Buhari swept many PDP states during the last elections, hence there's no guarantee GEJ can win a single PDP state in the North come 2015, without indulging in massive vote rigging. We already saw how northerners in 2011 went on rampage burning housing of politicians and emirs whom they thought were on GEJ camp. So the question is, are their political bigwigs in the North who are ready to stick-out their necks once again for GEJ come 2015? I dont think so.

Come 2015, GEJ is on his own in the north.Period!
hahahahahhah. . .thats the problem with many politically Naive Swestern youngstar, you all think it is by talking with force and carrying placards. . .lol. . . As long as PDP has structures where other Parties are not present, they will continue to seize the votes in those places, PERIOD! PDP is too strong for APC to be so sentimental instead of facing the realities on ground and discussing it.

3 Likes

Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by Jamisco: 11:09am On Mar 11, 2013
dayokanu: Buhari-Fashola is the winning ticket

The SW doesnt care about religion

Christian in the SW voted en masse for MKO Abiola a Moslem on a Moslem- Moslem ticket

Make retardeen dey clean him house

Buhari wins 13 Northern states he won in 2011, Fashola wins 6 SW states

Total 19 states out of 36 Winner.

Let the 98% votes do their thing.

19 states out of 36 states is a winner anyday

that was then, now that Muslims have turned to Boko Haram (terrorists) that is no how they will rule this country again. muslim - muslim ticket will never be sold, buhari ticket even with CAN president will never be sold. if you want power to return to the north, field a christian norhterner and that should be after GEJ'S second term.
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by 2rutalk1: 11:21am On Mar 11, 2013
Odenigbo Aroli:

Okorocha will never rule this country and you will find out if you do your home work,,properly. Soludo will take power when Goodluck leaves office. The north are on their own. The middlebelt will align with ss/se and part of the sw will also join while the north stands on its own.

My brother don't be deceived, no SW person will vote for an Igbo candidate. You better trust an hausa person than a yoruba man. They (yoruba) hate igbos like poooooooo. Open your eyes brother
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by Lilimax(f): 12:11pm On Mar 11, 2013
omonnakoda:
That is the way alll Nigerians feel about the Ibo. The ibo man does not know how to humble himself and woo others.Rather is boastful and arrogant.Last week we heard how Abokis control oil blocks.See how long they hid it if it is true.The Ibo man would shout from the roof tops about how that is proof of his superior business acumen and it is of course on merit.. Ibo men tell others we are the best this best that ,Nigerians are fed up to the back teeth of that.Sadly you guys do NOT get it and so just continue.
Of all the major ethnic groups you are the ones persisting with this MASSOB thing ,you need to make up your mind.

The world will not change for the Ibo man the Ibo man must change for the world to deal with the Nigerian reality as it really is and not how he imagines it is or should be .Until then keep dreaming

POINT OF CORRECTION: We are 'Igbo' and not 'Ibo' please.

1 Like

Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by Nobody: 1:48pm On Mar 11, 2013
in 2015, northerners will be desperate to pull back power to their region.
The opposition can never win the forth coming elections against PDP without the support of the north.
Let us not deceive ourselves. Jonathan is clearly not capable of translating Nigeria to the next level. His presence in Aso-rock shows the poor state of our electoral process. As a nigerian-canadian, i am baffled on how he got there and mindset of our people who voted for him, because i learnt the election was on average a bit free and fair.
APC, i will advice you nominate a Marwa OR Ribadu for president and fashola OR pat utomi for vice-president. PDP is the devil's tool against Nigeria, i speak from a spiritual angle.
my most preferred choice is Marwa/ fashola ticket. These two have performances above AVERAGE as governors of the most complex state (LAGOS).
A muslim-muslim ticket is not the issue now. Nigeria must move forward by getting rid of PDP.
I miss my country badly.I love you guys.
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by Nobody: 2:07pm On Mar 11, 2013
dagr8:

U are very funny...and you think d SW is so dumb to vote for BUHARI....with that your combination....sorry for APC...BUHARI will never rule Nigeria again...
SW is already dumb nah. THE PEOPLE THERE ALREADY WANT TO VOTE BUHARI, INFACT THEY ALREADY ARE TRYING TO HELP THE NORTHERNERS PERPERTRATE THEIR EVIL MIND ON NIGERIA.
Or is ACN not part of CPC again?
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by TheBookWorm: 2:46pm On Mar 11, 2013
ndu_chucks:

una good morning o. smiley

Are you not the PDP Champion who is supposed to answer that question. Please don't play games with us, the whole world knows of GEJ's incompetence and if he is the best you guys can come up with, so be it. It is difficult to understand how people like you believe that there is no one more competent to rule Nigeria, within PDP, than GEJ.

The point remains that GEJ did not get to where he is on merit - I maintain that you guys are hypocritical. Shi kena.

PDP champion? I have no dog in this race.

You said that there are more competent people within PDP, and I said name them.

I can already name the more competent people than Buhari in APC and one of them includes Governor Fashola.
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by digospel2: 4:05pm On Mar 11, 2013
[quote author=dayokanu]

Last election Buhari picked 13 states.

Buhari alone without incumbency and money already guarantees 13 states No single individual in Nigeria has that appeal. All he need is 6 more states

Even if Jonathan wins all the SS 6 states, SE 5 states total 11 states he cant win election and

Buhari has NW 7 states, NE 6 states thats 13 states already.

Middle Belt which states would go to Jonathan? Definitely not Niger States. And I think Buhari is very strong in states like Nasarawa, can do better in Kogi and Kwara

Your permutation is an unfortunate one. The reality is, there is no vacancy in Aso Rock. It is clear that APC stand for nothing but the north. Nigeria is searching for a leader with integrity irrespective of geopolotical zone and not the usual regional cake sharing. Even at regional consideration, South south are were compesated by God and not Nigerian king makers. Therefore, allow God to determine when their tenure will end. As for me, GEJ carry go..............!
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by dayokanu(m): 4:44pm On Mar 11, 2013
Maple: ^^
Some ppl think by ignoring such fact, it'll simply just go away. Buhari already has the Northern votes, the voters in SW would determine who'll be the next president. APC needs only 5 SW states come 2015.

To all those promising fire and brimstone if Buhari wins in 2015, would hug transformers by the time Buhari/Fashola is declared winner come 2015 grin

Leave them to their delusions.

Buhari 13 Northern states (thats assuming he doesnt win any of Kogi, Kwara, Nasarawa Taraba) + 6 SW states = 19 states Winner right there
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by Nobody: 4:58pm On Mar 11, 2013
dayokanu:

Leave them to their delusions.

Buhari 13 Northern states (thats assuming he doesnt win any of Kogi, Kwara, Nasarawa Taraba) + 6 SW states = 19 states Winner right there

Are u sure he (Buhari) is going to garner at least 1/4 of the votes cast in 24 states? Remember that the SS and SE have a combined 11 states in total.
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by rhymz(m): 5:04pm On Mar 11, 2013
CFCfan:

Are u sure he (Buhari) is going to garner at least 1/4 of the votes cast in 24 states? Remember that the SS and SE have a combined 11 states in total.
hahahahahhaah. . . Dayo is a dreamer! Buhari is a sour grape, Tinubu will have to be dumb to choose such a liability for Presidency against PDP. .lol.
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by ecosanders: 5:10pm On Mar 11, 2013
rhymz: hahahahahhaah. . . Dayo is a dreamer! Buhari is a sour grape, Tinubu will have to be dumb to choose such a liability for Presidency against PDP. .lol.
so Tinubu wil b d 1 2 choose d flagbearer abi? Dnt kw u r dis dum*
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by saintohia: 5:57pm On Mar 11, 2013
dafnna: in 2015, northerners will be desperate to pull back power to their region.
The opposition can never win the forth coming elections against PDP without the support of the north.
Let us not deceive ourselves. Jonathan is clearly not capable of translating Nigeria to the next level. His presence in Aso-rock shows the poor state of our electoral process. As a nigerian-canadian, i am baffled on how he got there and mindset of our people who voted for him, because i learnt the election was on average a bit free and fair.
APC, i will advice you nominate a Marwa OR Ribadu for president and fashola OR pat utomi for vice-president. PDP is the devil's tool against Nigeria, i speak from a spiritual angle.
my most preferred choice is Marwa/ fashola ticket. These two have performances above AVERAGE as governors of the most complex state (LAGOS).
A muslim-muslim ticket is not the issue now. Nigeria must move forward by getting rid of PDP.
I miss my country badly.I love you guys.

^^^^^^

Then advice APC to use Christain / Christain as their candidate. And the presidential candidate must also be from the South, we've had enough of the North.

There must be two Christians that can move the nation forward, ok?

Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by rhymz(m): 6:19pm On Mar 11, 2013
ecosanders: so Tinubu wil b d 1 2 choose d flagbearer abi? Dnt kw u r dis dum*
You are the dumb eediot here that butts in without reading the topic or the thread. It is clearly suggested that the kingmakers are handpicking, abeg na who be the kingmaker if no be the Yoruba Numero Uno Oloju igo, Ahmed Bola Tinubu.
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by ecosanders: 6:38pm On Mar 11, 2013
rhymz: You are the dumb eediot here that butts in without reading the topic or the thread. It is clearly suggested that the kingmakers are handpicking, abeg na who be the kingmaker if no be the Yoruba Numero Uno Oloju igo, Ahmed Bola Tinubu.
chai! Closing alaba hv mak u go insane, biko Fasiola don reopen d place.

4 u 2 believe Tinubu wil handpick d flagbearer for APC shows u got nothng upstairs but contaminated fluid. Opónu.
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by dayokanu(m): 6:41pm On Mar 11, 2013
CFCfan:

If Buhari wins in 19 states that means he already has over 25% in those states. That means he needs 25% in 5 more states

In nasarawa, Kogi, Kwara, Taraba, Plateau, Benue, FCT and possibly Edo he would get 25% of votes
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by Nobody: 6:44pm On Mar 11, 2013
dayokanu:

If Buhari wins in 19 states that means he already has over 25% in those states. That means he needs 25% in 5 more states

In nasarawa, Kogi, Kwara, Taraba, Plateau, Benue, FCT and possibly Edo he would get 25% of votes

The bolded is possible. I know that the APC has a strong folowing in the Middle Belt states; so the APC candidate has a good chance of winning the election.
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by rhymz(m): 6:49pm On Mar 11, 2013
ecosanders: chai! Closing alaba hv mak u go insane, biko Fasiola don reopen d place.

4 u 2 believe Tinubu wil handpick d flagbearer for APC shows u got nothng upstairs but contaminated fluid. Opónu.
Dumbos like you think every Igbo man has to own a shop in Lagos to survive. . .lol. . While I admire Igbo business men and their hussle, buying and selling is not what I do, Lagos is not the only place to make money. Besides, If you know the smart that is required for kind of work I do, you will learn to be humble when addressing your betters, and comment with some respect and awe, you little swine of no consequence.
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by rhymz(m): 6:58pm On Mar 11, 2013
CFCfan:

The bolded is possible. I know that the APC has a strong folowing in the Middle Belt states; so the APC candidate has a good chance of winning the election.
which Part of the Middle belt are you reffering to bros?
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by ecosanders: 6:59pm On Mar 11, 2013
rhymz: Dumbos like you think every Igbo man has to own a shop in Lagos to survive. . .lol. . While I admire Igbo business men and their hussle, buying and selling is not what I do, Lagos is not the only place to make money. Besides, If you know the smart that is required for kind of work I do, you will learn to be humble when addressing your betters, and comment with some respect and awe, you little swine of no consequence.
yea i kw wat u do, u design rocket abi?

Dnt fool urself, we kw wat u do 4 a living, and believe me òwò palaba è ma to ségí.
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by dayokanu(m): 7:00pm On Mar 11, 2013
CFCfan:

The only thing between Buhari and an election win is the 6 SW states not the SE or the SS.

You can now see that the SE and SS can still give their 100% votes to Jonathan and still lose the election.

The trump card lies in how the SW votes.

Would the SW ignore a Ticket that has Fashola on it and vote for the PDP who we no send and who doesnt send us
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by Nobody: 7:00pm On Mar 11, 2013
rhymz: which Part of the Middle belt are you reffering to bros?

Benue, Plateau, Kogi and Nasarawa. I think the APC can pick up at least 25% of the votes cast in those states, unlike the SS and SE states.
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by Nobody: 7:03pm On Mar 11, 2013
dayokanu:

The only thing between Buhari and an election win is the 6 SW states not the SE or the SS.

You can now see that the SE and SS can still give their 100% votes to Jonathan and still lose the election.

The trump card lies in how the SW votes.

Would the SW ignore a Ticket that has Fashola on it and vote for the PDP who we no send and who doesnt send us

Yeah, the SW will be the 'swing' geo-political zone in the next election. The SW might just give the Presidency to the CPC if Fashola is on the ticket. Right now, the South-west PDP is in disarray, and is almost dead too. But things could change quickly by next year or in 2015.
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by dayokanu(m): 7:06pm On Mar 11, 2013
rhymz: which Part of the Middle belt are you reffering to bros?

in 2011 elections despite that ACN and CPC were separate

Buhari won 40% in Nasarawa, 34% in Taraba, 25% in Plateau, 23% in Kogi, 20% in Kwara, 37% in Adamawa, (10% in Benue with ACN winning 21% of Benue)

http://nigeriaelections.org/presidential.php
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by dayokanu(m): 7:13pm On Mar 11, 2013
CFCfan:

Yeah, the SW will be the 'swing' geo-political zone in the next election. The SW might just give the Presidency to the CPC if Fashola is on the ticket. Right now, the South-west PDP is in disarray, and is almost dead too. But things could change quickly by next year or in 2015.

Yes

Currently we can say Buhari has NW and NE, = total 13 states

Jonathan has SS and SE total 11 states

Buhari needs just 6 states more to get over 50% of states. Jonathan needs 8 states.

SW = 6 states, NC = 6 states

NC are so diverse its difficult to predict

While Christians dominate Benue and Plateau, Moslems are the majority in Nasarawa Niger.
Kwara has a slight Moslem majority might share in the Moslem and Part Yoruba solidarity, Same with Kogi

ACN control 5 of these 6 states, An important Yorubaman on the ticket of one of them might be key. The whole ACN paparazzi behind the candidate in the SW might be key

I think what would happen is either Jonathan tries to buy Tinubu like in 2011, Bullies ACN or PDP flood ridiculous money into the SW before the elction

As it stand Jonathan doesnt need to campaign in SE and SS likewise Buhari in NW and NE
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by Nobody: 7:19pm On Mar 11, 2013
@Dayokanu: Based on the current reality, if Fashola is on the ticket in 2015, the APC would win in at least, 5 of the 6 SW states.

Ondo State may go for the PDP, due to the fact that Mimiko is a staunch ally of GEJ and the PDP at the National level.
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by Katsumoto: 7:26pm On Mar 11, 2013
CFCfan: @Dayokanu: Based on the current reality, if Fashola is on the ticket in 2015, the APC would win in at least, 5 of the 6 SW states.

Ondo State may go for the PDP, due to the fact that Mimiko is a staunch ally of GEJ and the PDP at the National level.

Regardless of Mimoko's friendship, PDP will not win Ondo. It may be close though.

Buhari/Fashola seems like a winning ticket.
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by Katsumoto: 7:29pm On Mar 11, 2013
CFCfan:

And how is GEJ going to garner 1/4 of the votes cast in 24 states? It is looking increasingly impossible for GEJ to win in 2015. No amount of 100% returns for GEJ in the SS/SS will give him victory.

For GEJ to think of winning, he has to up his game considerably. So far he has failed and the whole world is watching.
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by Nobody: 7:30pm On Mar 11, 2013
Katsumoto:

Regardless of Mimoko's friendship, PDP will not win Ondo. It may be close though.

Buhari/Fashola seems like a winning ticket.

That will be a repeat of 1999, when the then AD won all 6 SW states.

The irony is that GEJ's perceived dismantling of OBJ's political stature in the SW might end up biting him (GEJ) in the backside. The only way for PDP to regain relevance in the SW is for GEJ and the National PDP to flood OBJ with money in order to mobilize more PDP potential supporters.
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by Nobody: 7:32pm On Mar 11, 2013
Katsumoto:

And how is GEJ going to garner 1/4 of the votes cast in 24 states? It is looking increasingly impossible for GEJ to win in 2015. No amount of 100% returns for GEJ in the SS/SS will give him victory.

For GEJ to think of winning, he has to up his game considerably. So far he has failed and the whole world is watching.

exactly. GEJ has to campaign massively in the SW, NW, NE and some parts of the North-Central to have any hope of retaining his Aso Rock seat.
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by rhymz(m): 7:33pm On Mar 11, 2013
ecosanders: yea i kw wat u do, u design rocket abi?

Dnt fool urself, we kw wat u do 4 a living, and believe me òwò palaba è ma to ségí.
hahahah. . . Yeah I design but not in your league. It will take light years to understand the intricacies of my work, now shut up and go hang around Lawanson Ojuelegba road and collect Owo ilè and owo chairman for your slavemasters.
Re: APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees by dayokanu(m): 7:35pm On Mar 11, 2013
CFCfan: @Dayokanu: Based on the current reality, if Fashola is on the ticket in 2015, the APC would win in at least, 5 of the 6 SW states.

If fashola is on the ticket its almost certain to win at least 5 SW states.

because Fashola is the most Popular politician in the SW and almost top 5 in Nigeria.

he is loved by many Yoruba people and the face of ACN currently

Katsumoto:

Kats, I think GEJ would get over 25% in over 30 states but not enough to win. PDP has structures in all 36 states and he would be the incumbent president with incumbent powers.

Last election he got over 25% in over 30 states

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Jonathan Will Concede Defeat If He Loses - Presidency / Reno Omokri Meets Theresa May, British Prime Minister (Photos) / Worst Hit By The Current Situation in Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.