Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,305 members, 7,815,552 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:24 PM

GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley (34270 Views)

Saraki’s Poor Defence: Why He Should Resign Or Be Impeached / 2015: Gej Should Drop Sambo For Chime / President Goodluck Jonathanshould Be Impeached - Joel Brinkley Of The LA Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by achu442(m): 12:30am On Mar 26, 2013
If the foundation be corrupt,what can the righteous do?.,How many of you take time to pray for the leadership of the nation?Cos one day u might be the culprit.
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by Everest9(m): 12:37am On Mar 26, 2013
let them all him to finish and am sure no one will vote for him again
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by vicope: 12:57am On Mar 26, 2013
Billyonaire: You father is a total failure for raising such a wayward son, Are you mad or just plain silly ? 17 unused Ambulance cost how much ? I can singlehandedly buy 17 ambulances and dash your entire village. Nigeria is a rich country and we have average of 180 private jets so far from mostly Private citizens, if you are a failure, do not blame to President. Blame who ever fathered you.
Your choice of words shows that you are rude, uncultured, ignorant and immatured. (No offence intended).
How much do you think you have that you are bragging about buying ambulances in someone else's village? How many have you bought in your father's house, talk more of your village?
You see......so many half-informed young chaps coming on NL to rant rubbish makes the forum so disgusting.
If any of your elder ones have had the opportunity to work in govt at any level....please inquire from them what inflation of govt contracts is all about. Then you may understand that the amount that was claimed to have been used in purchasing those 17 ambulances can actually buy 100 of those ambulances in real terms.

6 Likes

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by COOLDUN: 1:06am On Mar 26, 2013
israel007: Let me ask: did this corrupt practice start with GEJ? All the progressive promising change, as far as memories go, corruption has been eating Nigeria, has there ever been a day they come out to ask for a change and then be noble enough to. 'Make an attempt at stepping down so they are not part of the corruption? Nooo. They stayed in the system, enjoyed, spent their time, replaced. That seat with their candidates and once they fall our they come out with a front of saying we need to change somethings for the better. Betterment of who?

Exaggerated lies with truth to make everything look real!

Only one third has access to toilet?

Yes i agree that corruption has been there before the coming of the President GEJ, but let me ask you a question now: Did you ever follow up GEJ election campaign promises and assurances before he was elected? I hope yes, now did he ever promise to fight corruption or to increase it?

I guess your answer is as right as mine. If he is not corrupt , why are we witnessing the highest rise and celebration of corruption in Nigeria under his regime?

You are not the only person that loves and voted this man into power, though you might be among the favored group, but mind you that truth is freedom and freedom is life.

If what this moderator published are lies then we all are deaf, dumb and blind. Of which i know, we are not. You can defend him from now,till the end of the world, but the truth remains that his regime is the worst ever witnessed in this country.

He can rig himself back to power till only God knows when, but the fact remains that history will judge him as the worst Ruler of Nigeria both military and civilian administrations.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by Nobody: 1:08am On Mar 26, 2013
israel007: Let me ask: did this corrupt practice start with GEJ? All the progressive promising change, as far as memories go, corruption has been eating Nigeria, has there ever been a day they come out to ask for a change and then be noble enough to. 'Make an attempt at stepping down so they are not part of the corruption? Nooo. They stayed in the system, enjoyed, spent their time, replaced. That seat with their candidates and once they fall our they come out with a front of saying we need to change somethings for the better. Betterment of who?

Exaggerated lies with truth to make everything look real!

Only one third has access to toilet?
and because of that,it should continue?pls don't speak what u don't knw.in rivers state where I am,there r no toilets.ppl go to the river side,u have no idea hw polluted this place is.plust the refinery waste surrounding us every inch,the air is thick with nauseating odor.so goodluck be him the first or last should take care of it.PRESIDENT that's what he is.what r u defending?mtcheeeeeeeew

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by NEROSKY(m): 1:19am On Mar 26, 2013
Rossikk:

For a person who's worked with the New York times Mr Brinkley, you are unbelievably stupi.d and ignorant. Do you think the Nigerian govt takes all the earnings from each barrel of oil produced? What about the multinationals and oil majors? Last time I heard it was a 50/50 sharing agreement, bringing the actual income to Nigeria down to $112 million a day, NOT $224 million. Of that $112 million, at least half goes on recurrent expenditure and debt repayments, meaning app $56 million a day is the actual income from that oil per day.

That may seem like a lot to you for a country of 170 million people since you are just an ignorant hamburger and milkshake quaffing American dunce Mr Brinkley.

No. The United States where you come from is by far the most corrupt nation on earth. You come from a country that admits to assassinating foreign leaders who don't do their bidding, a country that attacks other countries killing millions of innocent people based on lies in order to steal their oil and feed fat your already bloated elite, even as millions of your countrymen languish in homelessness, joblessness, destitution, gun crime and hunger.

And you agree to this dubious report. Why did you not tell your readers that the countries 'surveyed' were only 80, out of 130 nations on earth, with islands of peace and prosperity like Afghanistan, Sudan, Somalia, Eritrea, Sierra Leone, Iraq among others left out of the 'survey'? Is it because you're a dishonest anti-Nigerian basta.rd who thinks his audience do not read and research?

All WHAT wealth? You totally miscalculated the 'wealth' of Nigeria by a factor of 75% you dunce.

Mixture of half truths, innuendo and lies. Nigeria's literacy rate is 75% NOT ''half''.

You are unbelievable stup.id Mr Brinkley. Nigeria has 170 million mouths to feed. UAE has a population of 7 million people and produces 4 times as much oil as Nigeria per day, yet you compare them in the same sentence? Chief US aid recipient Israel has less than 7 million people with a GDP the same as Nigeria, and you are expecting the average Nigerian to live like the average Israeli?

Are you just being mischievous or are you really this reta.rded Mr Brinkley?

I doubt he was aware of your dumbitude before now.

It's time you got a proper education Mr Brinkley.

He's a bumbling illiterate and a complete, utterly irredeemable dunce where Nigeria is concerned.

Dude just shut ur trash, because you're so clueless, you don't stay in dis odious country!

I think you're one of all this looters relatives or son who stays abroad to enjoy from year to year! Without knowing how miserable this legal criminals made us! Only almighty God will help us!

7 Likes

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by chucky234(m): 1:22am On Mar 26, 2013
bubadaniel13: OP just a question for the confused Mr Joel Brinkley,Is GEJ the first leader of Nigeria?how many years has he spent on power so far?Nigeria has been ruled by bad leaders for decades and u expect GEJ to turn bad things around within three years,the writer of the article must be dreaming.
With $81bn annually GEJ has no excuse not to have made a single impact in 8 whole years (4 years as VP and acting president) and that underlines his level of incompetence and greed for public wealth. The only visible impact GEJ has made is the increase in the number of executive thieves and looters as well as the appointment of skilled criminals like ,Okonjo-Iwela, Alison-Madueke and NSE DG

1 Like

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by talktimi(m): 1:23am On Mar 26, 2013
lorretta u: and because of that,it should continue?pls don't speak what u don't knw.in rivers state where I am,there r no toilets.ppl go to the river side,u have no idea hw polluted this place is.plust the refinery waste surrounding us every inch,the air is thick with nauseating odor.so goodluck be him the first or last should take care of it.PRESIDENT that's what he is.what r u defending?mtcheeeeeeeew
is it port harcourt in Rivers state that doesn't have toilets or your village ? Don't come here lying about something you know aboslutely nothing about. If you have no toilet in your house then go to UST round about at mile 3 to buy toilet materials, there are different types there. LIEnus
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by vicope: 1:28am On Mar 26, 2013
vanunu:

My friend more schools * nine new federal universities plus alimajeri schs here and there) are being built, more fg roads are being reconstructed, our railways are now working, power is now almost stable, more health centers and hospitals are being built, our airports are now very very beautiful and clean.
We now have very peaceful and free and fair elections here and there, no more fuel scarcity, subsidy thieves are being jailed, even children of big men. If you are not seeing these things, that means something is really wrong with you.
Oh yes! Nine new universities while the existing ones are below standard and cannot make it into the list of the world top 3000 universities. As a graduate of Botany from a federal university, my dept lab never boasted of a microscope till I graduated.

Trains that travel 33 hours from Ilorin to Lagos, is that what you call a good rail transport?

As I type this comment, my smartphone is about going off, thanks to the fact that we have not had electricity for the past 48 hours (I reside in one of the largest satellite towns in FCT).

Which subsidy thief has been sent to jail? Pls just one name please.

No fuel scarcity? What is experienced in Lagos and Abuja is called what? Fuel abundance?

Except there are other roads people access, the road I travelled from Abuja to Lagos last month is nowhere to be called a standard, safe or world-class highway!

Take a visit to the FCT (the capital city of Nigeria), several parts of the city including Mpape, Kubwa, Dutse, Dawaki, jikwoyi etc still have a large population of people without access to proper toilet facilities (you find people excreting in drainages and public places). Needless to mention the poor waste management system in several parts of the capital city.

Despite the billions allocated to the Ecolgical Fund office of the presidency, what has been done to remediate the issue of erosion in the South East other than people feeding fat on huge salaries in the name of Ecological Fund office?

Violence, crime and corruption is at its peak.

Nigerians pay more to buy petroleum products yet get little in return from the govt.

Unemployment rate is at an epidemic level.

My friend, if you cannot see these things......SOMETHING is wrong with you too!

10 Likes

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by Nobody: 1:28am On Mar 26, 2013
Imanuelle: Even i, would wish for a military comeback.
Our saintly civilians have caused us more pain, and deaths.

I was never a fan of the western world, but now, i just need to take my family out of the country, where my kids have a future, and never look back! Never! Never!

Where the hell were my great-grandfathers, when africans were being picked as slaves?
Maybe he would have suffered for a while, and i'd have had a better future by now.
I hope you are joking with dat last statement of urs, u think America or any of the
countrys African slaves were taken are bed of roses? I pity ur ignorance
try living in Haiti its then you will curse ur fore fathers for allowing
themselves to be enslaved.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by BodyKiss(m): 1:35am On Mar 26, 2013
bubadaniel13: OP just a question for the confused Mr Joel Brinkley,Is GEJ the first leader of Nigeria?how many years has he spent on power so far?Nigeria has been ruled by bad leaders for decades and u expect GEJ to turn bad things around within three years,the writer of the article must be dreaming.

Are you saying because corruption didn't start with his leadership he shouldn't do anything about it? You guys should stop asking this stvpid question. The bad things is that the whole corruption thing is getting worse with GEJ in charge. He's doing absolutely nothing to curb it, let alone stop it. Instead he's giving corruption a boost.

5 Likes

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by chucky234(m): 1:41am On Mar 26, 2013
pro01:

Get your facts right bros. Oil prices were at the highest in Nigeria's history under OBJ. . .and in fact this was almost always the case throughout his eight long years in power. I therefore agree with you that "to whom much was given, much was expected.
Where did you get your facts,under OBJ prices of Light crude were under $65/barrel before 2005 and was sold above $100 between July and Nov 2008,while under GEJ prices has been shuttle between $87/barrel to $138/barrel.
Nigeria were also producing fewer barrels of crude under OBJ with relatively low rate of crude theft,bunkering and crude theft blosom under GEJ and we all know the people involved,it was uncovered that Dieziani Alison-Madueke has unregistered company use to trade the Bonny Light crude unofficially with GEJ as stakeholder and that's one of the reason why she is untouchable.
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by chucky234(m): 1:55am On Mar 26, 2013
vanunu:

My friend more schools * nine new federal universities plus alimajeri schs here and there) are being built, more fg roads are being reconstructed, our railways are now working, power is now almost stable, more health centers and hospitals are being built, our airports are now very very beautiful and clean.
We now have very peaceful and free and fair elections here and there, no more fuel scarcity, subsidy thieves are being jailed, even children of big men. If you are not seeing these things, that means something is really wrong with you.
This is certainly one of the most clueless and gullible goons out here,did you just say more roads constructed,beautiful airports,railways working?
I just can't stop laughing at how dumb you are,no sane man will celebrate those substandard roads,locomotive rails and shopping malls called airports in 2013 with billions spent,they makes Nigeria 20 years behind UAE,Israel,Indonesia and Brazil.
Can you humbly list the subsidy thieves who are serving jail terms presently,for you to have dumbly said that health care centers has improved under GEJ shows how dumb and clueless you are because we all saw how pale Ngozi Nwosu was looking few weeks back before she was flown abroad and we all saw how healthy she look now.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by henryskywalker2003(m): 2:12am On Mar 26, 2013

You and the 39 fools/idiots that liked ur comment are part of the reason this country will remain in the dark ages. Let me ask u fools/idiots a simple question. How long was President Sirleaf in power before the country turned around. Let me save u fools a bit of google search. She has been the president of Liberia since right after their SECOND CIVIL WAR. You fools talk about GEJ's humility and trash like that. Can GEJ agree 2 leave the safety of Aso Rock and govern from his house in the creeks? When the presidential mansion of Liberia got burnt just less than a year, after she was elected, this Lady deferred any diverting of funds to fix the palace and placed it low on their priority list and relocated her office to another ministry's building nearby and also relocated to her personal house. Can u imagine gej going to the office everyday from a location probably far from his office just after coming out from a civil war? She secured debt relief for her country few years after the war, she has once sacked her entire cabinet and replaced them with totally new people because of corruption, unlike ur beloved gej who knows how to reshuffle old hands. Even her brother who was a minister was not spared when allegations of missing funds was levelled against him and was subsequently sacked and yet another was sacked just because $200,000 went missing from his ministry meanwhile over here, we see cases of people stealing billions and still walk freely and ur gej promised us zero tolerance on corruption. Among her other achievements she was named among the tope 10 female leaders by Time magazine 2010, 10 best leaders in the world by Newsweek in 2010, 51st most powerful person by Forbes in 2006 and The Economist called her the best president the country has ever had. Can u imagine, if gej continues on this his current path, what the above mentioned would write about him? Oh sorry, I forgot. Fools like u can't do that. So, let me ask u fools one more time. Is it when gej has spent 3terms in office before it is ok for him to start doing something about the country and people can then question his actions? Or is it when we go through a 2nd civil war? Or probably after another military take over. Please help me understand why a woman is actually doing beta than this clueless fellow when all odds are stacked against her.

P.S. Do you know that Liberia is having a steady power supply more than we are? This was achieved right after the war that destroyed most of their power infrastructure.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by Tbosch(m): 2:49am On Mar 26, 2013
[quote author=Lucasbalo]Like I have already said, Nigeria is a God forgotten country.
I would not agree with u on that,God remember's Nigeria even in her sorry st ate.what we need is a Revolution,an eradication of all this corrupt leader, seems an impossibe feat though,cos Nigerians can take any and every rubbish[quote author=Lucasbalo]Like I have already said, Nigeria is a God forgotten country.
I would not agree with u on that,God remember's Nigeria even in her sorry st ate.what we need is a Revolution,an eradication of all this corrupt leader, seems an impossibe feat though,cos Nigerians can take any and every rubbish
[quote author=Lucasbalo]Like I have already said, Nigeria is a God forgotten country.
I would not agree with u on that,God remember's Nigeria even in her sorry st ate.what we need is a Revolution,an eradication of all this corrupt leader, seems an impossibe feat though,cos Nigerians can take any and every rubbish
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by Tbosch(m): 2:49am On Mar 26, 2013
Lucasbalo: Like I have already said, Nigeria is a God forgotten country.
[size=8pt][/size]
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by stremy21(m): 2:58am On Mar 26, 2013

Olori ibu ni e o. Omo iya Abati ati Okupe. Ara lo ma san pa e o. Olovo

1 Like

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by Jendomy45: 3:15am On Mar 26, 2013
What do you do when the only person who can stop you crying, is the person who makes you cry in the first place,my brother, nigeria is just an hopeless nation where parent decet peaking (PDP)will make empty promises,bombing,hostages,killing of corpers,electronic riging of election e.t.c ,e.t.c and action for corruption (ACN) with systematic steling,unnecessary, propergander,creation of unnecessary creation of attention,mysterable borrowing, e.tc, e.t.c where are will,will are just in hopeless nation,look around you which of the party have interest of this nation in there agenda rather it's their own interest first, the worst part of the scenario is that those that benefit from everything in these country in the 1940's - 60,70 are the one using their power destryng ds nation, God please have mercy
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by koruji(m): 3:16am On Mar 26, 2013
Please don't say all these about the 'Best President Nigeria has ever had'.
Nigeria is flowing with milk and honey.
Americans are leaving their country in droves to set up shop in Naija.
But for the fact that we cannot terminate the actions of the infallible Lord Luggard
Nigeria's name ought to be changed to Eldorado.

Ah, you can't see the transformation you say?
Open your eyes, wake up - what you are currently observing is the dream.
When you wake up, you will see the Eldorado eye-wide shut!!!
Don't be misled by one useless Mr. Joel Brinkley.
Bow down to the lord of transformation.
That your sins may be forgiven.
Join the 40 laptops.
That Naira may fill your pocket in abundance.

henryskywalker2003:
You and the 39 fools/idiots that liked ur comment are part of the reason this country will remain in the dark ages. Let me ask u fools/idiots a simple question. How long was President Sirleaf in power before the country turned around. Let me save u fools a bit of google search. She has been the president of Liberia since right after their SECOND CIVIL WAR. You fools talk about GEJ's humility and trash like that. Can GEJ agree 2 leave the safety of Aso Rock and govern from his house in the creeks? When the presidential mansion of Liberia got burnt just less than a year, after she was elected, this Lady deferred any diverting of funds to fix the palace and placed it low on their priority list and relocated her office to another ministry's building nearby and also relocated to her personal house. Can u imagine gej going to the office everyday from a location probably far from his office just after coming out from a civil war? She secured debt relief for her country few years after the war, she has once sacked her entire cabinet and replaced them with totally new people because of corruption, unlike ur beloved gej who knows how to reshuffle old hands. Even her brother who was a minister was not spared when allegations of missing funds was levelled against him and was subsequently sacked and yet another was sacked just because $200,000 went missing from his ministry meanwhile over here, we see cases of people stealing billions and still walk freely and ur gej promised us zero tolerance on corruption. Among her other achievements she was named among the tope 10 female leaders by Time magazine 2010, 10 best leaders in the world by Newsweek in 2010, 51st most powerful person by Forbes in 2006 and The Economist called her the best president the country has ever had. Can u imagine, if gej continues on this his current path, what the above mentioned would write about him? Oh sorry, I forgot. Fools like u can't do that. So, let me ask u fools one more time. Is it when gej has spent 3terms in office before it is ok for him to start doing something about the country and people can then question his actions? Or is it when we go through a 2nd civil war? Or probably after another military take over. Please help me understand why a woman is actually doing beta than this clueless fellow when all odds are stacked against her.

P.S. Do you know that Liberia is having a steady power supply more than we are? This was achieved right after the war that destroyed most of their power infrastructure.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by Parnassuss(m): 4:14am On Mar 26, 2013
CAMPAIGN TO IMPEACH GEJ
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by DaLover(m): 5:32am On Mar 26, 2013
Capnd143: why dont we all match down in one voice to the National Assembly . . . .calling 4 the downfall of the regime! Lets #occupyNIgeria

That's what they told Libya and Egypt, see them today!
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by Nobody: 5:33am On Mar 26, 2013
...and all these comments to impeach GEJ suddenly become vehement because a foreign journalist said so? Have we ever paused to ask who actually benefits from the state of affairs in Nigeria? Egypt is still reeling from the effects of its own revolution and then suddenly, "the time is ripe for Nigeria?" Perchance GEJ is impeached, what then? A perfect government all of a sudden? Nigerians, shine your eyes and know when your strings are being pulled...

1 Like

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by Nobody: 5:37am On Mar 26, 2013
Camilia247: Mr. Brinkley wrote a column for Tribune Media Services (http://trib.in/WeyJsR) that contains largely inaccurate facts, poorly- (or un-) researched information, hear-say and grossly xenophobic opinions about Vietnam and Vietnamese culture, and disguised it all as legitimate journalism. When called out about the errors in his so-called journalism, Mr. Brinkley not only defended his writing, but further disparaged other Southeast Asian countries.

Why should such an unethical professional be able to shape the minds of young scholars at such a well-regarded institution such as Stanford? Shame on you.
https://www.change.org/petitions/professor-joel-brinkley-stanford-university-resign-from-teaching

ANYBODY WILL JUST SIT SOMEWHERE AND WRITE RUBBISH..IS NIG IS THE ONLY COUNTRY? YES WE HAVE PROBLEMS, BUT I THINK EFFORTS ARE BEING MADE TO CORRECT THIS ABNORMALIES, WHY SHOULD ONE WHITE GUY THAT BELIEVES HE KNOWS EVERYTHING JUST SIT AND TRY TO CREATE CHAOS IN OUR MIDST...HE SHUD WRITE ABT HIS COUNTRY, COS THE HAVE THEIR OWN PERCULIAR PROBLEMS TOO..

For God's Sake why didn't u take your meds i told u its gonna have adverse effects on your thinking..... U stood so low. Wow poverty has done a lot to u, U can't even think without alomo bitters God Helps u Mr. OGA
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by Nobody: 5:40am On Mar 26, 2013
achu442: If the foundation be corrupt,what can the righteous do?.,How many of you take time to pray for the leadership of the nation?Cos one day u might be the culprit.

I wish there are stuffs like e-slap,e-punch,e-merciless beating and the likes u will have been a victim of one today. So all those prayers no be part abi..... If the whole Nigeria go on Marathon fasting who go steal go steal. So wake up

1 Like

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by trolling(m): 6:33am On Mar 26, 2013
there's nothing no human president can do to change things in nigeria and all over the world it has been predetermined...the bad news i have is that its only gonna get worse even if Obama rules Naija,it would still be like that..when the wicked rule the people mourn Proverbs ...you guys should just wait and see what the U.S will be in a year from now when the dollar is devalued...we also are gonna be like third world countries.I
I'm born in naija but i'm an Hebrew Israelite
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by VirginFinder: 6:41am On Mar 26, 2013
I've always known right from my secondary school days that Western nations are the problem of Nigeria.

These western nations are more comfortable with northerners ruling us as it guarantees them business as usual.

Northern rulers will always puppets for the West.

Southern rulers will never bend to the whims and caprices of the West hence their preference for their northern puppets and frustration of the southerner's efforts.

At the inception of Nigeria's existence as an independent country, the Britons virtually handed over rulership of this country to their northern puppets.

Too bad!

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by anonimi: 6:49am On Mar 26, 2013
Sunny_bobo: Some ignorant nairalanders are here mouthing 17 ambulances and relating it to how they don't have ambulances in their respective states and local governments.

Just in case you guys don't know, it's not the duty of the Federal government to provide Primary and secondary healthcare to the masses. [size=14pt]The Local Government Authorities have the responsibility of providing primary healthcare via setting up of primary health centres and dispensaries[/size] while the state government has the responsibility of providing secondary healthcare by building an equipping General hospitals and the states are also involved in tertiary care via state universities teaching hospitals and specialist hospitals. The Federal government is partly responsible for tertiary healthcare.

So, if you lack basic medical facilities, you know who to hold responsible; your governors and/or your LGA chairmen.

It is obvious most of us do know know anything about how government works with the the three arms:

- Federal
- State
- Local

and three branches

- Executive i.e. President, Governor and LG Chairman
- Legislature for making laws
- Judiciary for interpreting laws

That explains why many of us give free pass to the governors and LGA people to dupe us big time. Original mugus!!!
[size=14pt]How many primary schools and primary health care centres have your LGA built since 1999 properly equiped and well staffed with adequate salary[/size]
Everybody is hear shouting Jona this, Jona that.
That was how Fashola was showing that being a SAN does not mean that you are automatically a SANE person. Closing markets for not being clean when there is a LG authority that collects fees, rates etc and absonds.
Yeye dey boom.

3 Likes

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by trolling(m): 6:52am On Mar 26, 2013
indoorlove: Nigeria is in perpectual darkness that can only be brought to light by her youth- how many of us (the youth) is/are ready to match to national assembly to make our grieviances known, How many of us will vote someone who does not have a direct influence on us and does nt belong to thesame tribe as ours. Stop putting the whole blame on the leaders(though they have their own fair share of the problem) but followers(mostly youth) should also be blame because a larger percentage of us have limited our responsibilities to complains and prayers . Sad!
your quote "Nigeria is in perpetual darkness" ....you couldnt have said it any better,mind you its not just gonna be Naija,its happening in Europe and in America,its only gonna get worse...it has been predetermined....Then they will look to the earth, and behold, distress and darkness, the gloom of anguish; and they will be driven away into darkness.Isaiah 8;22
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by chrischina(m): 6:55am On Mar 26, 2013
This guys are just fooling there self thinkng is enjoyment, they all should know that even there body will be left in the dust once they die and nothing shall save them from hell, bst.
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by eldoradoxx: 7:27am On Mar 26, 2013
degamonn: I second to the opinion expressed here!
What are u seconding? The fact that it is GEJ's fault that the health centre in your LGA has no ambulance whereas GEJ owns 17 ? Where is your Governor and the billions he gets every month from same oil money? What of your Local Govt Chairman, with hundreds of millions he get each month, can't they buy ambulance for their clinics? It has always been my position that the state governors failures are unnecessarily blamed on the president. A man's wife miscarriages , he blames the president for poor health service in the hospital managed by his Local Govt, students take exams on the floor or learn under leaking roofs, the president is blamed, yet last month, the governor got 10billion allocation from federation account and the local govt got 300million naira. When do we begin to channel our anger to the approriate person?

3 Likes

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by Activity77(m): 7:34am On Mar 26, 2013
This people refused to give Africa total
independent, the crisis and disunity in
Nigeria today was caused by them, they are
the enemy of Africa progress, if you trace
this fool that's writing this column, you
will discover that he is a full time racist, they never want peace in Nigeria, they are
planning a revolution to enable them step in
to take Nigeria oil, they will motivate war,
they will supply weapons for us to kill
ourselves, they will sit with their families
in their large houses to watch it on television, Europeans and Americans are enemies of
Africa, that's why Africa is diverting her
partnership with Asia mainly China, because
for so many years we have been cheated by
the Westerners , war here and there in
Africa, caused by them to give them access to Africa Wealth, They are Lord of War to
us, we should avoid them 100%

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Anambra Residents Commend Buhari On 2nd Niger Bridge / Senator Obinna Ogba Accuses Abdullahi Adamu Of Plot To Remove Saraki / Gunshots As ISWAP Fighters Ambush Soldiers On Mission To Secure Politicians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.