Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,694 members, 7,813,290 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:23 AM

GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley (34260 Views)

Saraki’s Poor Defence: Why He Should Resign Or Be Impeached / 2015: Gej Should Drop Sambo For Chime / President Goodluck Jonathanshould Be Impeached - Joel Brinkley Of The LA Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by Nobody: 9:52pm On Mar 25, 2013
Eko Ile:

For some reason, I read this jokers post and laugh.

You are becoming a good comedian, just too bad some take your dumb talk seriously.
What has the Yorubas contributed to the nation's purse. This is me getting tribal, Answer me!
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by mkoabiola: 9:53pm On Mar 25, 2013
If u are in support of ds motion.
Say HI and against say NO!
The HI's av it.
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by Nobody: 9:54pm On Mar 25, 2013
kokoA: It is only in Nigeria that a man who performed poorly as a governor of the smallest state (with lots of monies as oil royalty) in the country is voted in as a president.. Our leaders have their problem, but the citizens are worse.
& COME 2015 THEY WILL STILL VOTE HIM NIGERIANS ARE IMMUNE 2 COMMON SENSE

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by Nobody: 9:54pm On Mar 25, 2013
ifeci:

it is not a competition of who can donate how many ambulances to whose village but a question of who donates it to where it is actually needed! having a surplus of ambulances where it is not being used is stupid! as a deficit of it in other areas of the country is causing a lot of deaths. This is simply common sense
You are a nematode. How much is an ambulance ? Dont you have a state governor ? Dont you have local government chairman ? Should GEJ come and breastfeed you poor lazy dogs ?

1 Like

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by Braincheck: 9:55pm On Mar 25, 2013
bubadaniel13: OP just a question for the confused Mr Joel Brinkley,Is GEJ the first leader of Nigeria?how many years has he spent on power so far?Nigeria has been ruled by bad leaders for decades and u expect GEJ to turn bad things around within three years,the writer of the article must be dreaming.

Some people are just unbelievable. Inspite of the overwhelming evidence as enunciated by the writer, you still couldn't help defending your slowpoke of a president. How i wish we can actually have 2 countries and 2 Leaders so that those who are ready to die for GEJ will continue enjoying his polluted air.

Assuming he is not the worst thus far which i seriously doubt, what has he done to change the errors of the Past

Gej has given every true lover of this country (whether a citizen or not) countless reasons to hate him and to think or say otherwise is to wallow in self denial.

3 Likes

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by Efikman(m): 9:57pm On Mar 25, 2013
The man should SHUT UP joo. Was it Jonathan that ruled Nigeria for since after the war and the oil boom and squandered billions of petro dollars over the decades? Was it him that underdeveloped Nigeria to its present state? Was it him who caused the Dollar that was exchanging for 70kobo/Dollar to crash to 163Naira/Dollar? Was it him that stole over 22billion dollar oil windfall in the 90s? Or maybe it was him who is the cause of the current Bokoharam unrest we have in Nigeria. Abeg the man should go and park well.
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by kevoneal: 9:58pm On Mar 25, 2013
ndu_chucks: The LA times reporter simply confirms what we already know - GEJ is a failure and unfit to rule Nigeria.

How can any sane human being defend the above? The sad thing is that we have 'educated' people, even here on NL, who will do just that.

With 17 Ambulances in front of GEJ's office (what for, sebi Yar'Adua is no longer with us), uncontrolled terrorism, Alam's pardon, corruption at epidemic levels, Billion naira food and entertainment bill, multi billion naira for the first lady's pet project, summary killings of our people without trial, e.t.c. e.t.c, one can only conclude that GEJ is a curse to the nation.

2015 cannot arrive soon enough.

True, 2015 cannot arrive soon enough jorr!
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by Nobody: 9:58pm On Mar 25, 2013
Fu'c'k anybody who thinks Jonathan is going to improve Nigeria.This is someone that couldn't declare his assets even when Yardua publicly declared his own.

Nigeria keeps depreciating to a level where Abacha seems like a hero;corruption everywhere,terrorism without a solution in sight,heated polity,resuscitation of militancy in the Niger delta,state pardon to an international certified thief amidst other anomalies yet the orang-utan wants to rule till 2019.

One thing is sure,Nigeria will be worse off by the time he finally leaves office.the guy is just a mistake.Nigerians should help themselves and vote him out of power else the worst is yet to come !

5 Likes

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by Braincheck: 10:00pm On Mar 25, 2013
Hey mod i wrote IMBE.CILE not slowpoke.. Imebe.cile cuz that's exactly what your president is. Now change Ma post to the way i authored it.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by Sunnybobo3(m): 10:01pm On Mar 25, 2013
mko abiola: If u are in support of ds motion.
Say HI and against say NO!
The HI's av it.

It's not 'HI', it's Aye.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by kevoneal: 10:04pm On Mar 25, 2013
Efikman: The man should SHUT UP joo. Was it Jonathan that ruled Nigeria for since after the war and the oil boom and squandered billions of petro dollars over the decades? Was it him that underdeveloped Nigeria to its present state? Was it him who caused the Dollar that was exchanging for 70kobo/Dollar to crash to 163Naira/Dollar? Was it him that stole over 22billion dollar oil windfall in the 90s? Or maybe it was him who is the cause of the current Bokoharam unrest we have in Nigeria. Abeg the man should go and park well.

Yes he wasn't solely responsible from 1960 to date. But must he continue in d waters of corruption like d leaders before him? Can't he b d change a people and a nation desires? If he cannot b different and rise up to be a true leader, then with all due respect sir d writer is correct.
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by Sammiejokes(m): 10:07pm On Mar 25, 2013
bubadaniel13: OP just a question for the confused Mr Joel Brinkley,Is GEJ the first leader of Nigeria?how many years has he spent on power so far?Nigeria has been ruled by bad leaders for decades and u expect GEJ to turn bad things around within three years,the writer of the article must be dreaming.
tell us one anti corruption policy Gej has fought since being in office, you better wake up and don't live in the past.Nigeria wants to live now and for the future. I don't even understand your point.
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by Sunnybobo3(m): 10:09pm On Mar 25, 2013
Braincheck:

Some people are just unbelievable. Inspite of the overwhelming eveidence as enunciated by the writer, you still couldn't help defending your slowpoke of a president. How i wish we can actually have 2 countries and 2 Leaders so thet those who are ready to die for GEJ will continue enjoying his polluted air.

Assuming he is not the worst thus far which i seriously doubt, what has he done to change the errors of the Past

Gej has given every true lover of this country (whether a citizen or not) countless reasons to hate him and to think or say otherwise is to wallow in self denial.

What evidence did the writer enunciate? The write up in Economics perspective is only fit for the shredder. How can the id/iot quote oil price x quantity produced as government earning? What is he trying to achieve with that fallacy? Even a primary school drop out in my village knows the calculation is false. Everyone knows the oil companies mine and sell the oil under a joint venture agreement with the Federal Govt. from the selling price of crude oil, deductions are made to cover cost of production and sales and what ever net profit left is shared between the Federal government and the Oil companies mostly multinationals.

That a lot of Nigerians don't see beyond this propaganda is baffling and confirms the belief about the average Nigerian IQ.

5 Likes

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by Pygru: 10:13pm On Mar 25, 2013
Chei!!
Where have I been all this while?
This children never cease to amaze me.
Oga Jona has only spent Just TWO years.Why not allow him to complete his tenure before you all start running you mouth.
If he is impeached who will replace him Sambo Mark Tambuwal
Oga Jona is the best thing that ever happend to Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by anonimi: 10:18pm On Mar 25, 2013
take dat: The longer an indolent leader remains in power, the longer is the road to progress! [size=14pt]If those sleazy low class crooks in the National Assembly will not impeach him,[/size] he musnt be allowed to return in 2015. When leaders have no solution, the solution is without those leaders- Away with the utterly clueless one!

How about you start a campaign to immediately recall the "sleazy low class crooks in the national assembly", 35-40% of whom are the saintly "progressive opposition" seeking to kick out PDP at the centre so they can "share" better with themselves leaving the masses short changed as usual
BTW, that includes the wife of the national leader of the Association of Conmen in Nigeria-ACN
Once the sleazy crooks are recalled we can expect a fast track impeachment of GEJ.
See no need to wait till 2015.
Mugus incorporated.
Yeye dey boom

1 Like

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by ifeci: 10:18pm On Mar 25, 2013
Billyonaire: You are a nematode. How much is an ambulance ? Dont you have a state governor ? Dont you have local government chairman ? Should GEJ come and breastfeed you poor lazy dogs ?

A dull lad like u will always resort to calling names, am not surprised though but the point u made above is baseless cos for the fact that there are Governors and LG bosses doesn't mean that those at the federal level should be wasteful, we know that u guys at the top see the masses as poor lazy dogs but God has a way of dealing with pple like u, b sure dat u will live to see that day.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by thirty(m): 10:21pm On Mar 25, 2013
Dibiachukwu:
OBJ's era wasn't that long ago. After OBJ was yaradua, who died in service (God bless his soul). The problem is that the same people that are condemning GEJ are advocating for a 1950s old soldier named buhari. Tell me what you think buhari has to offer, and why he didn't offer it promptly when he had the chance. 80 billion dollars can not turn Nigeria into paradise overnight. Johnathan could do more and should do more! What I don't understand is the sudden subtle hostility from all western quarters. What happened to their "good-willed critisms", when other precedent governments were killing us alive?
must anyone think stupidly the way you do. Gej, your oga at the top, deserve impeachment. Fool-Stop.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by Efikman(m): 10:23pm On Mar 25, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Fu'c'k anybody who thinks Jonathan is going to improve Nigeria.This is someone that couldn't declare his assets even when Yardua publicly declared his own.

Nigeria keeps depreciating to a level where Abacha seems like a hero;corruption everywhere,terrorism without a solution in sight,heated polity,resuscitation of militancy in the Niger delta,state pardon to an international certified thief amidst other anomalies yet the orang-utan wants to rule till 2019.

One thing is sure,Nigeria will be worse off by the time he finally leaves office.the guy is just a mistake.Nigerians should help themselves and vote him out of power else the worst is yet to come !
DID OBASANJO DECLARE HIS ASSETS? ANSWER ME OR SHUT THE FVCK UP.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by thirty(m): 10:23pm On Mar 25, 2013
Dibiachukwu:
OBJ's era wasn't that long ago. After OBJ was yaradua, who died in service (God bless his soul). The problem is that the same people that are condemning GEJ are advocating for a 1950s old soldier named buhari. Tell me what you think buhari has to offer, and why he didn't offer it promptly when he had the chance. 80 billion dollars can not turn Nigeria into paradise overnight. Johnathan could do more and should do more! What I don't understand is the sudden subtle hostility from all western quarters. What happened to their "good-willed critisms", when other precedent governments were killing us alive?
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by Nobody: 10:24pm On Mar 25, 2013
Efikman: The man should SHUT UP joo. Was it Jonathan that ruled Nigeria for since after the war and the oil boom and squandered billions of petro dollars over the decades? Was it him that underdeveloped Nigeria to its present state? Was it him who caused the Dollar that was exchanging for 70kobo/Dollar to crash to 163Naira/Dollar? Was it him that stole over 22billion dollar oil windfall in the 90s? Or maybe it was him who is the cause of the current Bokoharam unrest we have in Nigeria. Abeg the man should go and park well.

People like you are just plain pathetic. Even if GEJ sat on ur head and took a dump, I bet youd pretend that its suddenly started raining shi*t from heaven.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by vizboy(m): 10:24pm On Mar 25, 2013
*Yawns* so many calling for his impeachment. Well my only question is who will replace him

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by hikmoj(m): 10:24pm On Mar 25, 2013
If u suport d notion raise up ur hands&say 'i' if u opose say 'nay'
d 'i's hav it.. Gbam! I rise.
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by Efikman(m): 10:25pm On Mar 25, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

It's not 'HI', it's Aye.
Na Yoruba man na. Na dem way.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by Sunnybobo3(m): 10:27pm On Mar 25, 2013
Sammiejokes:
tell us one anti corruption policy Gej has fought since being in office, you better wake up and don't live in the past.Nigeria wants to live now and for the future. I don't even understand your point.

Fighting corruption is not show biz like in the days of Ribadu. The best way to fight corruption is to prevent it and not by witch hunting. Of all the gra gra that Rubadu did at EFCC, how much money did he recover into the Federal purse?

GEJ through the Minister of finance and coordinating minister for the economy is carrying out serious reforms and building institutions that will prevent corrupt practices and you are asking the kind if question you asked above.

Do you think that it's by magic that the FIRS were able to collect and remit a revenue of 3.9 trillion as at September last year when their target was 3.2 trillion naira? Are you aware that 45,000 ghost workers have been weeded from the Federal pay roll thereby saving 100 billion naira? Do you know that the introduction of the use of biometrics in the police force has also reduced the wage bill of the Nigerian police force drastically.

Also, you may be aware that our Federal legislators used to collect huge sums of money for constituency projects which most of the time end in their bank accounts. I understand that this is no longer so as they are no longer given thus money but asked to choose a project and location and the Federal ministry concerned will award the contract.

My friend, the best way to fight corruption is to block loopholes that allow for corruption by building strong and virile institutions and not by hounding people in handcuffs. Did the humiliation of Tafa Balogun by Ribadu stop Sunday Ehindero from looting police funds? No. Did the conviction of Alams stop the governors from stealing? No.

5 Likes

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by me1234: 10:28pm On Mar 25, 2013
I have said it again and again that the problem of Nigeria is not corruption but ethnicity and tribalism. When our leaders get to power they discover the truth about nigeria a country built on falsehood so they don,t trust the nigeria state enough to take care of them and their children so in a hurry they loot as much as they can for themselves to create as much comfort they can for themselves and their family,they provide light,water,security etc why the masses is left to hang their faith in a failed system. Our leader don't believe in Nigerian only in the fronts of news media.
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by chidexy(m): 10:29pm On Mar 25, 2013
Eko Ile:

Joel Brinkley

Joel Brinkley is an American syndicated columnist and teaches in the journalism program at Stanford University, a position he has held since 2006 after a 23-year career with The New York Times.
Born: July 22, 1952 (age 60)

Awards: Pulitzer Prize for International Reporting

Does any or all of these give him the right to call for the impeachment of our president? You never cease to amaze me at your twisted logic. Whether you like it or not. President Jonathan is not going to be impeached and come 2015, he'll win the election convincingly. The Southwest and a section of the North can continue with their unholy 1967 alliance, it won't put anyone from the 2/3 regions in Aso Rock in 2015

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by Nobody: 10:31pm On Mar 25, 2013
mjconcept: It pains me when Nigerians insult Nigeria,now let me ask a question, what have you done for Nigeria? We choose to compare Nigeria with the USA, BRITAIN RUSSIA, those countries are way too developed even before we got independence, and we keep dreaming and refuse to bring it in reality, I am ashamed of the level of stup!dity some empty brian display here.

This developed countries u are talking about did they develop at the expense of corrupt leaders NO ..... u are trying to tell me that a country cannot change in a year or two abi .... Go and Ask Ghana, China,Qatar,Saudi Arabia, Azerbaijan,Brazil.... They developed immensely within short period of time. Mind if u want to go higher u have to dream higher please....
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by Nobody: 10:32pm On Mar 25, 2013
Tolu19: For the sake of things getting worse, for the sake of national wealth seriously wasted everyday, for the sake of corruption getting to a record high and the sake of wrong decisions made by GEJ everyday,I beg that he is impeached without futher delay.

If he had been impeached Dec 2011, Petrol would still be 65 naira
If he had been impeached in May 2012, his wife's plane wouldn't have forced Dana Air crash with many lives gone.
If he had been impeached before the helicopter of the govenors crashed,they would have still been alive
If he had been impeached in February,the world renowned corrupt and public funds armed robbers wouldn't have been pardoned.
Etc

Who knows what happens 2morow from our president.

Please Politicians do us a huge favour by impeaching GEJ, arrest him immediately after impeachment, recover all stolen funds, cancel all his waste projects like giving fones to farmers nationwide and d rest,arrest all his cabinet members and prosecute dem seriously like Egypt prosecuted Hosni Mubarak,send Okupe and Abati to special jail and seize all their assets,their should no mercy to any slight degree,nothing like Abati's wife crying on TV to forgive her husband or Abati village people coming in groups with placards for his release. Justice must be served wholely, no half justice for any of them. Rebuild the civil service, mend all crooked ways and let Nigerians be united again happy,richer,better and safer.

I pray thee.

My cry from day one this mumu made his 1st political blunder when just 3 weeks after he got into power he was already thinking of becoming life President by proposing that 7yr single term constitutional amendment; and dont for once think he has forgotten about it.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by Nobody: 10:32pm On Mar 25, 2013
Efikman: DID OBASANJO DECLARE HIS ASSETS? ANSWER ME OR SHUT THE FVCK UP.

BBC
Wednesday, 24 November, 2004,

Nigeria's President Olusegun Obasanjo has for the first time publicly declared the income from his private farm in the south-west.

A spokesman for the president said he was earning 30 million Naira ($250,000) a month from his farm in Otta.

Mr Obasanjo had made the public declaration to quell rumours that he was stealing money from the Nigerian state, the spokesman said.

Africa's major oil producer is ranked among the world's most corrupt nations.

Despite the oil wealth, the majority of the population lives on less than $1 a day.

Mixed feelings

The BBC's Nigeria editor Bilkisu Labaran Ohyoma says that the farm is massive and diverse, with various livestock including chickens, ostriches, pigs and fish, as well as crops.

The grounds also include a conference centre, where Mr Obasanjo recently hosted a regional summit on the crisis in Ivory Coast.

Mr Obasanjo's spokesman Femi Fani Kayode said his farm was managed by professionals and much of the money was reinvested to develop the property.

On the streets of the capital, Abuja, reaction to the declaration was mixed.

Some said Mr Obasanjo had earned the money through hard work but others said it was not right that he was earning so much money when most Nigerians were living in poverty.

One Nigerian told the BBC that it could do no harm for public officials to declare their wealth.

Telegraph.co.uk

President comes clean to fight corruption crackdown
By David Blair, Africa Correspondent
(Filed: 25/11/2004)

Nigeria sought to draw a line under decades of corruption yesterday when President Olusegun Obasanjo declared his private income, disclosing that he makes £140,000 a month from a chicken farm.

Mr Obasanjo, the first Nigerian leader to declare his assets, told a bemused nation that his farm in Otta state yields annual profits approaching £1.7 million

The president's spokesman, said his declaration was part of a government campaign to clean up Nigeria. The farm also stocks ostriches, pigs and fish and boasts a conference centre where Mr Obasanjo hosts regional summits.

Previous Nigerian leaders gloried in looting their country's oil wealth. Gen Sani Abacha, the military dictator who died in 1998, stole between £1 billion and £3 billion. Despite scouring the world for his assets, the government has recovered less than £500 million.

Despite the crackdown, official corruption continues on a wide scale. Nigeria is Africa's largest oil producer, earning about 95 per cent of its hard currency from daily exports of two million barrels. But about 50,000 barrels are stolen every day and sold for huge profits.

http://www.nigerianmuse.com/important_documents/?u=Obasanjo_farm_wealth.htm

Now tell your president to declare his own !

1 Like

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by sweetrace(f): 10:33pm On Mar 25, 2013
JomoGbomo2: The whole world can't be wrong!
There was a time the whole world believed earth was flat. They were all wrong. Oh! And the whole world believed Hitlers lies at one time. They were all wrong. So many people lost their lives cos of that.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by omenka(m): 10:35pm On Mar 25, 2013
ifihearam:

You are comparing a lady who fell off a bike with the office of the president? There are certain things in this country that is associated with the office. Ohh so you expect the president to keep record of medical ambulances at his disposal abi? Show me on president on earth without these and I will show you a liar. Abeg make unu do better things with unu time jare.

Please bear till 2019.
My fervent prayer is that someday a child of urs find themself in such a situation of need. I pray then you would still see reason to believe the life of the president is more precious than theirs and have the guts to tell them that 'fact' to their face. I pray.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by Nobody: 10:36pm On Mar 25, 2013
ifeci:

A dull lad like u will always resort to calling names, am not surprised though but the point u made above is baseless cos for the fact that there are Governors and LG bosses doesn't mean that those at the federal level should be wasteful, we know that u guys at the top see the masses as poor lazy dogs but God has a way of dealing with pple like u, b sure dat u will live to see that day.
You are a very big fo/ol. GEJ is a President, not a State Governor or Local Government Chairman. Fo/ols like you do not even know your Local Government's Chairman's name cos u expect GEJ to come and repair your okada.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

Femi Fani-kayode: The Woolwich Killing And The Illuminati / Ganduje's Stepping On Kwankwaso's Poster Not Intentional - Kano State Govt / Pictures From PDP National Convention In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.