Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,675 members, 7,813,248 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:35 AM

GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley (34259 Views)

Saraki’s Poor Defence: Why He Should Resign Or Be Impeached / 2015: Gej Should Drop Sambo For Chime / President Goodluck Jonathanshould Be Impeached - Joel Brinkley Of The LA Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by omenka(m): 7:47pm On Mar 25, 2013
17 ambulances!!!!

I am so MAD at the level of 'no damn givings' of the leaders of this country!! What for Bleep's sakes is wrong with us??!!!!

Just erlier today, I was on my way back from work. About 20 yards or so in front of me was a gurl on a bike. I didn't know why, but somehow I was just concentrating on the okada man and his passenger. Sudenly, I noticed the lady started tilting sideways and before I could take my nxt breath, was already rolling over on the road! It just seemed like she blacked out or something! When I reached the spot, I pulled over, rushed to her side, and asked som1 in the already swelling crowd to give me a hand so I could take her to the nearest hospital, but alas, no one moved!! Infact, I was yelled at to leave her alone lest I make things worse! Meanwhile the lady was alrdy bleeding badly from the mouth and jerking uncontrolably. I was scared for her life. But not knowing much about first aid under such circumstances, I somewhat heeded the advice of the bystanders and didn't move the gurl. God so kind, slowly she came to.

Now, my beef is: here was a young lady who desparately needed urgent help from paramedics but not a single ambulance is available in the whole of that town of not less than 500,000 people yet you have 17 ambulances to take care of not more than 150 pple with state of the art medical facility just a stone throw away from them!!! What would it take to have just a single ambulance for each local govt area across the country? Why are we so mean to ourselves? Why does the govt not give a damn about us? What crime did we comit to be treated with such crass indiference?

Logic walks on its head in this country as things stand today. Let us try to do what we can to chart a new course and salvage project Nigeria come next general elections. If not for ourselves, lets do it for our children yet unborn. We can't afford to go on this way.

7 Likes

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by Nobody: 7:47pm On Mar 25, 2013
The truth is that Nigeria will squander itself to nothing! There is too much looting and squandering by the leaders in the system. That is not the right way to go in building the future of this country.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by ifihearam: 7:50pm On Mar 25, 2013
The idiot that said that should come and take the stage to carry out the impeachment. Thunder fire all of you in support of that rubbish. They should mind their business.
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by masterpiece123: 7:51pm On Mar 25, 2013
bubadaniel13: OP just a question for the confused Mr Joel Brinkley,Is GEJ the first leader of Nigeria?how many years has he spent on power so far?Nigeria has been ruled by bad leaders for decades and u expect GEJ to turn bad things around within three years,the writer of the article must be dreaming.
God bless you for saying the truth. Dont mind that daft writer
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by Nobody: 7:53pm On Mar 25, 2013
Now let me tell you all something.

As i read this article i openly prayed that...

Never mind
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by ifihearam: 7:53pm On Mar 25, 2013
zolajpower: WHEN I WAS SMALL I HAVE NO SHOES. THE THING IS HOW ARE WE SURE APC WOUN"T FAIL US. CUS THERE IS NO TRUTH IN NIGERIA. GOODLUCK OGA AT THE TOP GOD DEY WATCH YOU AS YOU DEY SUFFER US

Una dey enjoy before ni?
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by Boscog(m): 7:53pm On Mar 25, 2013
we nigerians shld look down at political issues of dis country ,even Egypt ,syria n Libya are even regretting there foolish actions which westerners pushed them to .investigate well the writer is been used by one stupid n greed nigerian politicians.mark it some were ppl.
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by ogaemma: 7:53pm On Mar 25, 2013
degamonn: I second to the opinion expressed here!
I have never voted all my life,the first time I voted, I voted the wrong person. Am not sure ai will vote next time.
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by nig2change: 7:55pm On Mar 25, 2013
I read this LA writers report on twitter two days ago. He wrote the minds of many Nigerians. But I want us to know that GEJ did not start all these challenges. The initial kid glove approach he took made many lose faith in him but I tell you something that by 2014 there would be a different song. No president in Nigeria has made a lot of progress under short saddle at the helm of affairs. There many ongoing projects. Corruption remains his biggest minus.
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by nig2change: 7:57pm On Mar 25, 2013
Boscog: we nigerians shld look down at political issues of dis country ,even Egypt ,syria n Libya are even regretting there foolish actions which westerners pushed them to .investigate well the writer is been used by one stupid n greed nigerian politicians.mark it some were ppl.
. I agree with you.
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by ifihearam: 7:58pm On Mar 25, 2013
omenka: 17 ambulances!!!!

I am so MAD at the level of 'no damn givings' of the leaders of this country!! What for Bleep's sakes is wrong with us??!!!!

Just erlier today, I was on my way back from work. About 20 yards or so in front of me was a gurl on a bike. I didn't know why, but somehow I was just concentrating on the okada man and his passenger. Sudenly, I noticed the lady started tilting sideways and before I could take my nxt breath, was already rolling over on the road! It just seemed like she blacked out or something! When I reached the spot, I pulled over, rushed to her side, and asked som1 in the already swelling crowd to give me a hand so I could take her to the nearest hospital, but alas, no one moved!! Infact, I was yelled at to leave her alone lest I make things worse! Meanwhile the lady was alrdy bleeding badly from the mouth and jerking uncontrolably. I was scared for her life. But not knowing much about first aid under such circumstances, I somewhat heeded the advice of the bystanders and didn't move the gurl. God so kind, slowly she came to.

Now, my beef is: here was a young lady who desparately needed urgent help from paramedics but not a single ambulance is available in the whole of that town of not less than 500,000 people yet you have 17 ambulances to take care of not more than 150 pple with state of the art medical facility just a stone throw away from them!!! What would it take to have just a single ambulance for each local govt area across the country? Why are we so mean to ourselves? Why does the govt not give a damn about us? What crime did we comit to be treated with such crass indiference?

Logic walks on its head in this country as things stand today. Let us try to do what we can to chart a new course and salvage project Nigeria come next general elections. If not for ourselves, lets do it for our children yet unborn. We can afford to go on this way.

You are comparing a lady who fell off a bike with the office of the president? There are certain things in this country that is associated with the office. Ohh so you expect the president to keep record of medical ambulances at his disposal abi? Show me on president on earth without these and I will show you a liar. Abeg make unu do better things with unu time jare.

Please bear till 2019.
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by Fhemmmy: 7:59pm On Mar 25, 2013
So sad that it is only few that see all these . . .
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by slimghost(m): 7:59pm On Mar 25, 2013
Shey Northerners promised to divide Nigeria should GEJ win come 2015? Thats a welcome develpment, SAI GEJ!!!! Fresh air till 2019.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by Nobody: 8:01pm On Mar 25, 2013
ndu_chucks: The LA times reporter simply confirms what we already know - GEJ is a failure and unfit to rule Nigeria.

How can any sane human being defend the above? The sad thing is that we have 'educated' people, even here on NL, who will do just that.

With 17 Ambulances in front of GEJ's office (what for, sebi Yar'Adua is no longer with us), uncontrolled terrorism, Alam's pardon, corruption at epidemic levels, Billion naira food and entertainment bill, multi billion naira for the first lady's pet project, summary killings of our people without trial, e.t.c. e.t.c, one can only conclude that GEJ is a curse to the nation.

2015 cannot arrive soon enough.

Yes 2015 will arrive bro but some gutless minds will still vote for this GEJ..... we are heading to no where if we cant make sensible use of our only right as citizen of this country to choose wisely and diligently. I just pray we don't make the same mistake again
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by ifihearam: 8:01pm On Mar 25, 2013
Boscog: we nigerians shld look down at political issues of dis country ,even Egypt ,syria n Libya are even regretting there foolish actions which westerners pushed them to .investigate well the writer is been used by one stupid n greed nigerian politicians.mark it some were ppl.

I concur. You get sense
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by Lincolnburrows(m): 8:01pm On Mar 25, 2013
GEJ Remains the best president nigeria has ever heard. Improved power supply, access to good roads and more so a listening ear to the yearnings of the people. Oya now go and impeach him. Na to Dey quote constitution and humna rights be the thing? When your brothers (the abokis) have sworn to make the state ungovernable
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by Nobody: 8:02pm On Mar 25, 2013
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by Itoroetti(m): 8:03pm On Mar 25, 2013
bubadaniel13: OP just a question for the confused Mr Joel Brinkley,Is GEJ the first leader of Nigeria?how many years has he spent on power so far?Nigeria has been ruled by bad leaders for decades and u expect GEJ to turn bad things around within three years,the writer of the article must be dreaming.
tank u broda.it baffles me how nigerians tink and imagine.did gej introduced corruption in nigeria?no.
Did gej caused all d industries in nigeria die down?no.
Did gej start or even aid election rigging?no.
What policy did he introduced that drew d nation backward?none.
Our railway hasnt bin working for God knows how long,yet he has brought it back to life and sum are now working.since after 93 election,nigeria has nt had a beta election than the one conducted in 2011 under Gej government.
Ajaokuta steel stopped working immediately our acclaimed "no corrupt man" buhari resumes power in d 80s,but Jonathan has brought it back to life.
Obj spent over $10billion on electricity but to no avail,Gej resumes power and never spent a quater of such,yet we nw power is increasing.people criticise without genuine points n proves or at times in other to attract comment and.b4 2015,we will get to knw dat Gej is d best leader naija has ever had.
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by nduchucks: 8:06pm On Mar 25, 2013
obadiah777: 240 MILLION DOLLARS EVERYDAY SOUNDS LIKE A LOT BUT AT 180 MILLION PEOPLE THAT IS ROUGHLY $1 FOR EVERYONE PER DAY. NOT ENOUGH TO EAT 1 MEAL SEF PER PERSON DAILY.

Dear obadiah777, I humbly refer you to Economics 101.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by mctemmy(f): 8:06pm On Mar 25, 2013
If you will support this dude by contributing to the needed bills he will be charged at yaba left or aro click like please,he needs your donations (quote author=bubadaniel13]OP just a question for the confused Mr Joel Brinkley,Is GEJ the first leader of Nigeria?how many years has he spent on power so far?Nigeria has been ruled by bad leaders for decades and u expect GEJ to turn bad things around within three years,the writer of the article must be dreaming.[/quote]
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by AleeEmran: 8:07pm On Mar 25, 2013
Uncle Obj tell your man enough is enough, just hear it from foreign mouth, we are In Trouble shocked shocked shocked[color=#990000][/color]
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by dbride: 8:07pm On Mar 25, 2013

You have derailed. Nobody is talking of the no of years GEJ has ruled. The issue is that GEJ is equally bad. He is as corrupt as the Alams he pardoned. In fact he had a share in Alams loot. Mark my words, GOD WILL EXPOSE HIM SOON. The whole truth will come out one day. Nobody can bury TRUTH. Can you bury God? God is Truth. What we are experiencing now is you spreading LIES, like a red carpet, for the ultimate TRUTH to show up. God's ways are different from our ways.

When God shows up, everybody good and bad becomes a vessel. The good = vessels unto honour; the bad = vessels unto dishonour all work together to bring down the good we prayed God to rein down in Nigeria. Oh yes, God moves in a mysterious way.
GEJ and boys, cook up more lies and keep defending evil. God made Pharoah very stubborn so He can destroy him. For me, I will not waste my time trying to make you people see reason, just like Pharoah, you are not meant to see reason.
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by omartins(m): 8:09pm On Mar 25, 2013
GEJ is a situational leader. We dont have any known better opposition when he contest. If someone told me then that Buhari will be the runner up, I will bet and loose(new party, fomer military, and didnt campaign round the country). Presidential seat is big one that many can hide under after right or wrong deed. Now it depend on the president(if not slugish, daft, useless and unresponsible) to punish or praise whoever hide under his seat. Three year is enough to make an impact. I pity we the youth coming, what idea are we taking in from our leaders?
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by Nobody: 8:12pm On Mar 25, 2013
Nonsense. Did all these things he mentioned started with GEJ. I hate fools without brains. Let's trace where it all started and collectively put a stop to it rather looking at the surface. GEJ is just a surface of corruption and he inherited corruption we only needed to trace who planted the seed of corruption and then remove it and not keep blaming GEJ for Nigeria's woes. GEJ will be gone one day and we will start accusing whoever is in power.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by jethro2: 8:13pm On Mar 25, 2013
'Gej should be impeached' . Agreed. "Who will bell the cat? The thief in the house? Just thinking aloud
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by gidiMonsta(m): 8:15pm On Mar 25, 2013
Imam's are using stu.pid illiterates to blow up people,
Pastors are scamming stupid sheeps and buying up jets,
3million is not enough to feed the c-in-c in a day,
The senate president sees no sense in giving an unemployed graduate 20k, he'll rather dash 2baba a 12million naira corvette instead,
The Police are trained like agberos and expected to work like LAPD cops, ati be be lo...

Nigeria as indeed become GOD's OWN TOILET.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by chidexy(m): 8:15pm On Mar 25, 2013
And who the hell is Joel Brinkley?
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by Fhemmmy: 8:19pm On Mar 25, 2013

And cos we have had many bad leaders means we have to continue to count the bad leaders and not yearn for a good change . . . He has been the head for like 4 years and you mean that is not enuf for us to see some positive change?

1 Like

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by EkoIle1: 8:19pm On Mar 25, 2013
chidexy: And who the hell is Joel Brinkley?

Joel Brinkley

Joel Brinkley is an American syndicated columnist and teaches in the journalism program at Stanford University, a position he has held since 2006 after a 23-year career with The New York Times.
Born: July 22, 1952 (age 60)

Awards: Pulitzer Prize for International Reporting
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by DCAT: 8:21pm On Mar 25, 2013
at this point jonathan should be nailed to a stake as.......cos he is the prophetic wild beast of the bible books of revelation.
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by skyp(m): 8:22pm On Mar 25, 2013
Gej is a good man but when it comes to decision making he just too weak that's why people can suggest nonsense and impose it on him for this reason I will say he does not have what it takes to be president so therefor he should be impeached

1 Like

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by jidewin(m): 8:23pm On Mar 25, 2013
Fellow Nigerians...You've read it.what are wo going to salvage our destinies from the clutches of these vampires,hell bent on continue to sabotage the destiny of our dear country? And please don't tell me we keep praying,cos right now I feel like shooting all those MOG's who never took a decisive step against these people who keep doing what they do best with impunity.
I'm just very angry and Nigeria needs a change in leadership...most definitely not by election....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

President Buhari Wears Isiagu (Igbo Attire) In Ebonyi / Man Drinks Dirty Water To Celebrate Yahaya Bello's Victory(photos) / ICPC Found N1.85 Billion In Buratai's House, Office - Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.