Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,701 members, 7,813,308 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:38 AM

GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley (34261 Views)

Saraki’s Poor Defence: Why He Should Resign Or Be Impeached / 2015: Gej Should Drop Sambo For Chime / President Goodluck Jonathanshould Be Impeached - Joel Brinkley Of The LA Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by Maxymilliano(m): 9:14pm On Mar 25, 2013
Joel Brinkley could have come around to lead the impeachment proceedings himself, after all, he seem more interested in what is happening in Nigeria, than his own country...

Yeye baff una, like Obama was able to restore back the American economy from recession under 2 years... I'd.iot.
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by mjconcept(m): 9:15pm On Mar 25, 2013
It pains me when Nigerians insult Nigeria,now let me ask a question, what have you done for Nigeria? We choose to compare Nigeria with the USA, BRITAIN RUSSIA, those countries are way too developed even before we got independence, and we keep dreaming and refuse to bring it in reality, I am ashamed of the level of stup!dity some empty brian display here.
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by dady12: 9:16pm On Mar 25, 2013
bubadaniel13: OP just a question for the confused Mr Joel Brinkley,Is GEJ the first leader of Nigeria?how many years has he spent on power so far?Nigeria has been ruled by bad leaders for decades and u expect GEJ to turn bad things around within three years,the writer of the article must be dreaming.
but you expect jonathan to continue in making nigeria a fail state?
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by vicope: 9:17pm On Mar 25, 2013
tatosh: Seems everybody around the world and some Nigerians seem to just realise that our president is a concrete nuisance. Well, I've known this long ago and I seriously campaigned against him in 2011 but those without brains said they were voting GEJ not PDP...now we are in a mess.

SoLUTION: Please let's kick PDP out 2015
I'm with you on this! I also campaigned against him and did not vote for him in 2011. I proudly voted for Buhari. Just last two weeks ago during the area council elections in FCT, a friend of mine who is 35 years old, a university graduate and still unemployed hitherto, voted for PDP candidate in Bwari Area Council after been bribed with #1,000. I couldn't but marvel at the hopelessness of Nigerians!

4 Likes

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by vicope: 9:18pm On Mar 25, 2013
tatosh: Seems everybody around the world and some Nigerians seem to just realise that our president is a concrete nuisance. Well, I've known this long ago and I seriously campaigned against him in 2011 but those without brains said they were voting GEJ not PDP...now we are in a mess.

SoLUTION: Please let's kick PDP out 2015
I'm with you on this! I also campaigned against him and did not vote for him in 2011. I proudly voted for Buhari. Just last two weeks ago during the area council elections in FCT, a friend of mine who is 35 years old, a university graduate and still unemployed hitherto, voted for PDP candidate in Bwari Area Council after been bribed with #1,000. I couldn't but marvel at the hopelessness of Nigerians!

1 Like

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by balladin: 9:22pm On Mar 25, 2013
mikedore: I hope he (Gej) reads this write up! Truth is bitter.
Don't worry Abati will read and will soon come up with some lame write up. Trust that he will embellish his reply with the usual heavy grammar, displaying his vocabulary power and making less educated ones like us read more than twice to fully grasp his ramblings. I didn't have to re-read a line in Mr Brinkley's write up, simple and delivered in such a style that makes anyone want to read.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by Connoisseur(m): 9:23pm On Mar 25, 2013
Where is the military.

i do not think any military regime would be worse than this jonathan deceit of a government

1 Like

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by Nobody: 9:27pm On Mar 25, 2013
I smell trouble in the air.
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by Nobody: 9:29pm On Mar 25, 2013

1 Like

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by infohenry(m): 9:30pm On Mar 25, 2013
pro01: Someone should kindly tell me how GEJ's (2 year) administration is worse than OBJ's eight years in power. I have since concluded that shallow people (which describes many of the most vocal critics of the present administration) hate GEJ not necessarily for his actions or inactions, but because of his person and persona.

(Un)fortunately, GEJ is not as rambunctious, belligerent, swashbuckling, untamed, and uncouth as Obasanjo, which makes him seem less exciting and therefore 'worse'. It's all a matter of perception; groundless perception based on appearances rather than substance.

How, in cold facts and figures, is corruption - all forms of corruption - worse under GEJ than it was under Obasanjo? Nigeria earned the highest revenues in her history during Obasanjo's eight wasted years in power. How did that tell on our lives? Were the roads better under OBJ than they are now? Was the power supply better than it is now? Were our hospitals better equipped? Was there greater infrastructural development under OBJ than now? Was there less wastage of public funds under OBJ than now? Was the Rule of Law better observed under OBJ than it is under GEJ? Was general insecurity any less under OBJ than it is today (minus the emergent Boko Haram phenomenon, which sensible people realise is a political ploy to return power to the north)? Was the public service more efficient under OBJ than it is now? Most importantly, did Nigerians have more food on their tables under OBJ than they have today under GEJ (despite the fact that the country earned more courtesy of record crude oil prices during OBJ's eight years)? What then, is the basis for maligning GEJ as the worst thing to happen to Nigeria? Could it be merely because of his unpretentious appearance and underwhelming personality? Or could it be because of his unfashionable trademark hat? Because of his perceived lack of 'swagger'? Is that enough to justify so much baseless hate?

Do you so easily forget that the highest number of politically motivated assassinations occurred under Obasanjo, and ALL of them (including the murder of a serving Minister of Justice/Attorney-General) remain unresolved?

Again, how can anyone forget that political corruption, which is arguably worse than financial corruption, was elevated to official state practice under Obasanjo? In Nigeria's political history, has there been any election worse than the 2003 and 2007 general elections conducted by Obasanjo? Compare that with GEJ's demonstrable resolve not to tamper with electoral processes - which has seen the freest and fairest elections in Nigeria's history take place under him (e.g. Edo, Ondo, Anambra, Imo, etc). Gradually, the phenomenon of election-rigging is becoming extinct, primarily because GEJ refuses to endorse such, even to his own party's detriment. Can you say the same for OBJ?

Have we forgotten how Obasanjo sought to ALTER the constitution to prolong his stay in power through a dubious third term provision? Is that brazen act of political corruption not infinitely worse than pardoning a penitent convicted man?

I can go on and on, but the imperative of brevity constrains me. The fact is that we cannot judge GEJ in isolation. He had predecessors, and if we cannot prove how his administration is worse than those of his predecessors (especially OBJ), then we have serious issues indeed.
. Just imagine what how you reason wit all this big grammar you disappoint me. You are saying because those before him performed woefullyn, nigeria should accept anything he gave us. Don't forget nigerians voted for a change.

3 Likes

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by dad007(m): 9:30pm On Mar 25, 2013
uihebom: I don't really know buhari that much, but if he will come and kill some politicians then he is ok by me.
my sentiment exactly!
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by Nobody: 9:30pm On Mar 25, 2013
drnoel: U people are looking at it the very wrong way though barking at the right horse. GEJ problem starts with his advicers and people around him. Nigeria is a country where Oga's at the top take decisions with impunity without consulting just cos they feel its their right to do so. Most Nigerian men have that problem esp ones who grew up in Nigeria even more esp our corrupt politicians and senior government officials. No if our government (GEJ, PDP and there cronies) could learn that before they take serious decisions they should sample opinions most of these problems would not be, also if they knew they would have to answer to someone; believe u me, they would make no room for mistakes.
but i belief d oga at the top are not upto will the masses. If jonathan is efficient nd want 2 fulfil is promise. Then all other issue is a smaller hums
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by ifeci: 9:34pm On Mar 25, 2013
Billyonaire: Hahahahahahaha These Vultures will not cease to amaze me. So Jonathan should be impeached because of 17 Ambulances. How much does Air Force One cost ? Whats the cost of Marine one ? I cant believe these nematodes are this silly. So now, if Presidency uses 17 Ambulances, is it a problem ? How many people do you think work in the Presidency ? You haters are just too daft. If I have my way in the Presidency, its gonna be 100 Ambulances. Its NDelta Oil Money, not cocoa money, and not Groundnut Pyramid money.

Assuming u said otherwise, I would have wondered if ur salary was seized for this month.
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by ujoinme: 9:34pm On Mar 25, 2013
the writer makes wrong comparism saudi arabia is not in africa. did he mean south africa?
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by DIYTechnologies: 9:34pm On Mar 25, 2013
gunuvi: There are some news you cannot read without an alomo bitters beside you to cool down ur temper.

I feel you. Am going to grab a dose of paracetamol right away... Seriously!
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by Paulonminyi: 9:36pm On Mar 25, 2013
If u tink of hw dis country is been rule by a weak n drunkard clueless,careless, selfishlesness a "fisherman" if u tink of it in daytime u wil ve a (bad day) nd if u tink of it in d nigt u wil ve (nigtmare) d local politic civilization nd socialization wil re into is capable of distroyin dis country. GOD d labour of our past leaders re in vain. GEJ is 2b blame stil He ve fans on N.L
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by Decryptor(m): 9:37pm On Mar 25, 2013
How can they impeach him when the bigger thief a.k.a David Mark is the senate president? A man who rejected a bill that unemployed graduates in Nigeria should be paid N20,000 every month. They are all bloody criminals. If only...If just only the dreaded Boko Haram would stop killing innocent citizens and divert their activities to these thieving nigerian poli"trick"ians and their families, they would have my thumbs up at the end of the day. God bless the mod who posted this on FP. This is the kind of story that should be on frontpage so that the whole world will know what is going on.
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by Camilia247: 9:37pm On Mar 25, 2013
Mr. Brinkley wrote a column for Tribune Media Services (http://trib.in/WeyJsR) that contains largely inaccurate facts, poorly- (or un-) researched information, hear-say and grossly xenophobic opinions about Vietnam and Vietnamese culture, and disguised it all as legitimate journalism. When called out about the errors in his so-called journalism, Mr. Brinkley not only defended his writing, but further disparaged other Southeast Asian countries.

Why should such an unethical professional be able to shape the minds of young scholars at such a well-regarded institution such as Stanford? Shame on you.
https://www.change.org/petitions/professor-joel-brinkley-stanford-university-resign-from-teaching

ANYBODY WILL JUST SIT SOMEWHERE AND WRITE RUBBISH..IS NIG IS THE ONLY COUNTRY? YES WE HAVE PROBLEMS, BUT I THINK EFFORTS ARE BEING MADE TO CORRECT THIS ABNORMALIES, WHY SHOULD ONE WHITE GUY THAT BELIEVES HE KNOWS EVERYTHING JUST SIT AND TRY TO CREATE CHAOS IN OUR MIDST...HE SHUD WRITE ABT HIS COUNTRY, COS THE HAVE THEIR OWN PERCULIAR PROBLEMS TOO..
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by ifeci: 9:39pm On Mar 25, 2013
ujoinme: the writer makes wrong comparism saudi arabia is not in africa. did he mean south africa?

He wasn't making a continental comparison!if u read the article with ur eyes and brain in sync, u wld notice that the comparison was drawn on the basis of GDP
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by Nobody: 9:40pm On Mar 25, 2013
soulfood:
You are either an illiterate or you can't read. USA has airforce one and yet their aviation industry is also highly funded and very safe. The writer was making a comparison as to why the presidency will have 17 "unused" ambulances when citizens do not have basic health care and hospitals do not have ambulances. USA has a working system, it's not perfect but they do no tolerate corruption like GEJ. You are the nematode. So if many people work at the presidency, they will all fall sick and need ambulances to get to the clinic at the same time. What is the chance of that happening?TOAD!
You father is a total failure for raising such a wayward son, Are you mad or just plain silly ? 17 unused Ambulance cost how much ? I can singlehandedly buy 17 ambulances and dash your entire village. Nigeria is a rich country and we have average of 180 private jets so far from mostly Private citizens, if you are a failure, do not blame to President. Blame who ever fathered you.
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by usayab(m): 9:40pm On Mar 25, 2013
When buhari said something like that in uk, they said he did a wrong thing. joel brinkley is wrong 2. Abi?
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by gameboy727(m): 9:42pm On Mar 25, 2013
Na 2day e start? cool[color=#990000][/color]
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by EkoIle1: 9:42pm On Mar 25, 2013
Billyonaire: You father is a total failure for raising such a wayward son, Are you mad or just plain silly ? 17 unused Ambulance cost how much ? I can singlehandedly buy 17 ambulances and dash your entire village. Nigeria is a rich country and we have average of 180 private jets so far from mostly Private citizens, if you are a failure, do not blame to President. Blame who ever fathered you.

For some reason, I read this jokers post and laugh.

You are becoming a good comedian, just too bad some take your dumb talk seriously..

4 Likes

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by yfirstson(m): 9:43pm On Mar 25, 2013
pro01: Someone should kindly tell me how GEJ's (2 year) administration is worse than OBJ's eight years in power. I have since concluded that shallow people (which describes many of the most vocal critics of the present administration) hate GEJ not necessarily for his actions or inactions, but because of his person and persona.

(Un)fortunately, GEJ is not as rambunctious, belligerent, swashbuckling, untamed, and uncouth as Obasanjo, which makes him seem less exciting and therefore 'worse'. It's all a matter of perception; groundless perception based on appearances rather than substance.

How, in cold facts and figures, is corruption - all forms of corruption - worse under GEJ than it was under Obasanjo? Nigeria earned the highest revenues in her history during Obasanjo's eight wasted years in power. How did that tell on our lives? Were the roads better under OBJ than they are now? Was the power supply better than it is now? Were our hospitals better equipped? Was there greater infrastructural development under OBJ than now? Was there less wastage of public funds under OBJ than now? Was the Rule of Law better observed under OBJ than it is under GEJ? Was general insecurity any less under OBJ than it is today (minus the emergent Boko Haram phenomenon, which sensible people realise is a political ploy to return power to the north)? Was the public service more efficient under OBJ than it is now? Most importantly, did Nigerians have more food on their tables under OBJ than they have today under GEJ (despite the fact that the country earned more courtesy of record crude oil prices during OBJ's eight years)? What then, is the basis for maligning GEJ as the worst thing to happen to Nigeria? Could it be merely because of his unpretentious appearance and underwhelming personality? Or could it be because of his unfashionable trademark hat? Because of his perceived lack of 'swagger'? Is that enough to justify so much baseless hate?

Do you so easily forget that the highest number of politically motivated assassinations occurred under Obasanjo, and ALL of them (including the murder of a serving Minister of Justice/Attorney-General) remain unresolved?

Again, how can anyone forget that political corruption, which is arguably worse than financial corruption, was elevated to official state practice under Obasanjo? In Nigeria's political history, has there been any election worse than the 2003 and 2007 general elections conducted by Obasanjo? Compare that with GEJ's demonstrable resolve not to tamper with electoral processes - which has seen the freest and fairest elections in Nigeria's history take place under him (e.g. Edo, Ondo, Anambra, Imo, etc). Gradually, the phenomenon of election-rigging is becoming extinct, primarily because GEJ refuses to endorse such, even to his own party's detriment. Can you say the same for OBJ?

Have we forgotten how Obasanjo sought to ALTER the constitution to prolong his stay in power through a dubious third term provision? Is that brazen act of political corruption not infinitely worse than pardoning a penitent convicted man?

I can go on and on, but the imperative of brevity constrains me. The fact is that we cannot judge GEJ in isolation. He had predecessors, and if we cannot prove how his administration is worse than those of his predecessors (especially OBJ), then we have serious issues indeed.
Your writeup is so baseless and lacks substance. Is there anywhere in this article where this administration is compared with Obasanjo's. There no point comparing two evils.

3 Likes

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by barrybanbi: 9:45pm On Mar 25, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: There's no point trying to challenge a senseless article. This is the oil multinationals fighting back to stall passage of PIB. All their effort is dead on arrival. QED.

Meanwhile, I understand the fact that HATERS (losers at the 2011 elections) will fight amongst themselves in attempt to queue behind the senseless article.
you think thru your anus, what has PIB got to do with what we are discussing? foot soliders dat will never b an official,keep singing their songs while they milk you dry.

3 Likes

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by barrybanbi: 9:45pm On Mar 25, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: There's no point trying to challenge a senseless article. This is the oil multinationals fighting back to stall passage of PIB. All their effort is dead on arrival. QED.

Meanwhile, I understand the fact that HATERS (losers at the 2011 elections) will fight amongst themselves in attempt to queue behind the senseless article.
you think thru your anus, what has PIB got to do with what we are discussing? foot soldiers dat will never b an official,keep singing their songs while they milk you dry.
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by Nobody: 9:45pm On Mar 25, 2013
Eko Ile:

You are becoming a good comedian, just too bad some take your dumb talk seriously..
You are simply a stupid Yoruba boy. What has the Yorubas contributed to the Nation ? No wonder they call you guys names like "iscariots" and "ingrates". What have you guys contributed ? Betrayal ? GEJ is a son of the soil that feeds the whole Nation. May God Punish you all that try to reap where you did not sow in the name of Sango. Amin! Amin!! Amin!!!

1 Like

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by ablives949(m): 9:46pm On Mar 25, 2013
GEJ is a nightmare to this country, thaz all!
DivideUs: has it ever been this bad?

1 Like

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by ifeci: 9:47pm On Mar 25, 2013
Billyonaire: You father is a total failure for raising such a wayward son, Are you mad or just plain silly ? 17 unused Ambulance cost how much ? I can singlehandedly buy 17 ambulances and dash your entire village. Nigeria is a rich country and we have average of 180 private jets so far from mostly Private citizens, if you are a failure, do not blame to President. Blame who ever fathered you.

it is not a competition of who can donate how many ambulances to whose village but a question of who donates it to where it is actually needed! having a surplus of ambulances where it is not being used is stupid! as a deficit of it in other areas of the country is causing a lot of deaths. This is simply common sense

6 Likes

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by Nobody: 9:47pm On Mar 25, 2013
obi123:

that is the point, because if na for only myself i for dey manage naija but for my kids, i go die for this UK

Chairman, make way for your bros nah.... grin
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by EkoIle1: 9:47pm On Mar 25, 2013
Billyonaire: You are simply a stupid Yoruba boy. What has the Yorubas contributed to the Nation ? No wonder they call you guys names like "iscariots" and "ingrates". What have you guys contributed ? Betrayal ? GEJ is a son of the soil that feeds the whole Nation. May God Punish you all that try to reap where you did not sow in the name of Sango. Amin! Amin!! Amin!!!

You are becoming a good comedian, just too bad some take your dumb talk seriously.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by IphyGrace: 9:52pm On Mar 25, 2013
never in my life have i been so positive about my country, never have i seen the west tremble at the fact that my country is on the rise, never have i seen them so anxious to pull us down, from britain wanting to withdraw aids because of gay marriage to us saying they will do same because our president exercized his constitutional right to pardon someone, they blame boko haram attacks on poverty but did not waste time to invade afganistan when the world trade center fell, never have i seen such attacks on the commander in chief of the federal republic of Nigeria, GEJ might not be perfect but when i look back at those who have stired the affairs of this country and those who are desperate to grab it, he is the best among them. May the Almighty God continue to guide, lead and direct you Mr president, may he destroy the plans of those who want to turn us to libya and egypt. God bless Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, God bless Nigeria.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Flood Takes Over Ayesan Area Of Ijebu Ode After Rain (Pictures) / Patience Jonathan Hospitalized In Germany / Buhari In Talks With Igbo Leaders Over Pro-biafra Protests – Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.