Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,817 members, 7,813,697 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:33 PM

GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley (34262 Views)

Saraki’s Poor Defence: Why He Should Resign Or Be Impeached / 2015: Gej Should Drop Sambo For Chime / President Goodluck Jonathanshould Be Impeached - Joel Brinkley Of The LA Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by Nobody: 8:24pm On Mar 25, 2013
bubadaniel13: OP just a question for the confused Mr Joel Brinkley,Is GEJ the first leader of Nigeria?how many years has he spent on power so far?Nigeria has been ruled by bad leaders for decades and u expect GEJ to turn bad things around within three years,the writer of the article must be dreaming.

And if u take your time to wake up from your dream also u will come to realize that ROME was not build in a day. At least he promised us reformation and transparency which others didn't. We are mostly ruled by Military and u know fully well that Military itself means dictation-ship when they are in Government. OBJ did something and Yar Adua did something also but this GEJ did nothing but destroying all that have been built over the years. Bro wake up please your comment will make a lot of sense if u are not on your sleeping mat.... Thanks
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by Nobody: 8:26pm On Mar 25, 2013
Gej, do not ignore the hand writing
on the wall.
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by nativedoctor(m): 8:26pm On Mar 25, 2013
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by HerexG(m): 8:29pm On Mar 25, 2013
This a cry for Help !

Ain't this people (rulers) ashamed of their God forsaken selves, Bastards !
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by jidewin(m): 8:33pm On Mar 25, 2013
Fhemmmy:

And cos we have had many bad leaders means we have to continue to count the bad leaders and not yearn for a good change . . . He has been the head for like 4 years and you mean that is not enuf for us to see some positive change?
That's exactly the annoying excuses they give to continue running the country down."Oh america did not change over night,UK did not prosper in a short time,Nigeria have BIIIIIIG problems that can't be solved in 10 years..bla bla bla" lying bastards.
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by Nobody: 8:35pm On Mar 25, 2013
KINGwax: The reporter is simply foolish. He shld focus on his country.
And jonathan shld do quick and go back to his village. he don try

You yourself u are not just foolish u are also hopeless and disturbed..... everything the writer have said is true about this Godforsaken country. Are u too blind to see the country is sinking or is it your poverty level that makes u think so daftly. Don't let me hate u and take your time Mr MAN

3 Likes

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by DigitalSignal(m): 8:36pm On Mar 25, 2013
Table Leg :
Hahaha... People are vexing!
Jona, your days are numbered, Otueke fisherman!!!
You're just like your user name! Very silly, with a brain stuffed with garbage!
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by surveyProf(m): 8:38pm On Mar 25, 2013
This is so touching i.e frm the write up, Nigeria with so much wealth frm oil produce can not take care of her own; I think something drastically has to be done, as soon as possible!
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by DaLover(m): 8:38pm On Mar 25, 2013
damola1: Why is Fashola seldom mentioned with corrupt practices? and everytime, we hear Jonathan...

Who are those making the most noise....GEJ is simply from the wrong part of the country!
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by obi123: 8:39pm On Mar 25, 2013
this man don come pour one bag of salt on top our open wound
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by Benjoh(m): 8:40pm On Mar 25, 2013
People pls I am ready to partake in any revolution pls are there Any SponSorS. We are too cAlm And cooL pls Peooooooooopppppppplllllllleee !

1 Like

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by mikedore: 8:42pm On Mar 25, 2013
I hope he (Gej) reads this write up! Truth is bitter.
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by DaLover(m): 8:44pm On Mar 25, 2013
nex: Any further attempt to analyse the level of damage, destruction, insecurity, and corruption prevailing in this country today is to resume another round of whipping on the proverbial dead horse.

The spate of Boko Haram bombings, budgeting of billions of Naira for the construction of infrastructure of vanity for the presidency, and the recent pardoning of convicted criminals in the same circles as the president would have cleared any doubts about the intentions of the Executive arm of this government.

The action to take now, is not the writing of lengthy lamentations, or tweeting of rants on Twitter, or even hitting the streets to protest a la "Ocuppy Nigeria", but to abide by the lawful, orderly, and Constitutional means of dealing with such matters: We must impeach the president. We are left with no alternative.

It is only citizens who have not read the Constitution Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria that are not aware of their lawful right to serve their Senators orders, including those requesting for the impeachment of the President.

In a case whereby Senators heed not to such a request by the electorate of their Senatorial District, Section 69 of the Constitution enables them to be removed and replaced with those more keen to do as told.

If you want change, it begins with writing out, printing, or filling the relevant information ( Your address, Date, Senatorial District address of the Senator representing the District where you registered as a voter, Senator's name, Your name, and the VIN on your Voters' Card). Submit to the Senatorial District Office, and start meeting, and lobbying within whatever interest group, union, or association you belong to to get as many as two thirds of registered voters in Nigeria involved too.

You may also edit as you deem fit, print, and share to fellow citizens who may not have access to the internet. Thank you.

_________________________,
_________________.
___________.
_______________________,
_______________________,
___________,
___________.

Senator _______________________,

Request For The Impeachment Of The President Of The Federal Republic Of Nigeria

Accept this instant notice as a request for initiating impeachment proceedings, pursuant to Section 143 of the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, against Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, the sitting president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
The president has engaged in various activities which amount to gross misconduct including, but not limited to:
1. Wanton and wasteful expenditure of state resources.
2. Inaction in the face of widespread loss of lives and properties he swore to protect.
3. Disregard for due process in declaring his personal assets.
4. Abuse of office in the appointment of his friends and political sponsors as head of agencies.
5. Use of state instruments to pardon his criminal friends previous convicted.
6. Dictatorial impositions on Nigerian citizens without due process in the instances of removing fuel subsidy, and renaming Federal parastatals.

Goodluck Ebele Jonathan has also shown absolute incompetence in handling issues of national importance at the helm of affairs of this nation, with grave consequences. The conduct of President Jonathan is a violation of his Oath of Office, and his duties and obligations.

Endeavour to commence the process of impeachment immediately, as there will be no hesitation to invoke Section 69 of 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria on failure to perform this most exigent duty.

Name: __________________
VIN (Voters' Identification Number) : _______________________

IF THE DOCUMENT DOES NOT APPEAR THE WAY IT SHOULD, VISIT: http://thediaryofabadman..com/2013/03/impeach-president.html

Yoruba People self!

We just need to add the fact that after the impeachment, the Niger delta can form its own country....mugus
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by obi123: 8:44pm On Mar 25, 2013
Imanuelle: Even i, would wish for a military comeback.
Our saintly civilians have caused us more pain, and deaths.

I was never a fan of the western world, but now, i just need to take my family out of the country, where my kids have a future, and never look back! Never! Never!

Where the hell were my great-grandfathers, when africans were being picked as slaves?
Maybe he would have suffered for a while, and i'd have had a better future by now.

that is the point, because if na for only myself i for dey manage naija but for my kids, i go die for this UK
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by Nobody: 8:46pm On Mar 25, 2013
pro01: Someone should kindly tell me how GEJ's (2 year) administration is worse than OBJ's eight years in power. I have since concluded that shallow people (which describes many of the most vocal critics of the present administration) hate GEJ not necessarily for his actions or inactions, but because of his person and persona.

(Un)fortunately, GEJ is not as rambunctious, belligerent, swashbuckling, untamed, and uncouth as Obasanjo, which makes him seem less exciting and therefore 'worse'. It's all a matter of perception; groundless perception based on appearances rather than substance.

How, in cold facts and figures, is corruption - all forms of corruption - worse under GEJ than it was under Obasanjo? Nigeria earned the highest revenues in her history during Obasanjo's eight wasted years in power. How did that tell on our lives? Were the roads better under OBJ than they are now? Was the power supply better than it is now? Were our hospitals better equipped? Was there greater infrastructural development under OBJ than now? Was there less wastage of public funds under OBJ than now? Was the Rule of Law better observed under OBJ than it is under GEJ? Was general insecurity any less under OBJ than it is today (minus the emergent Boko Haram phenomenon, which sensible people realise is a political ploy to return power to the north)? Was the public service more efficient under OBJ than it is now? Most importantly, did Nigerians have more food on their tables under OBJ than they have today under GEJ (despite the fact that the country earned more courtesy of record crude oil prices during OBJ's eight years)? What then, is the basis for maligning GEJ as the worst thing to happen to Nigeria? Could it be merely because of his unpretentious appearance and underwhelming personality? Or could it be because of his unfashionable trademark hat? Because of his perceived lack of 'swagger'? Is that enough to justify so much baseless hate?

Do you so easily forget that the highest number of politically motivated assassinations occurred under Obasanjo, and ALL of them (including the murder of a serving Minister of Justice/Attorney-General) remain unresolved?

Again, how can anyone forget that political corruption, which is arguably worse than financial corruption, was elevated to official state practice under Obasanjo? In Nigeria's political history, has there been any election worse than the 2003 and 2007 general elections conducted by Obasanjo? Compare that with GEJ's demonstrable resolve not to tamper with electoral processes - which has seen the freest and fairest elections in Nigeria's history take place under him (e.g. Edo, Ondo, Anambra, Imo, etc). Gradually, the phenomenon of election-rigging is becoming extinct, primarily because GEJ refuses to endorse such, even to his own party's detriment. Can you say the same for OBJ?

Have we forgotten how Obasanjo sought to ALTER the constitution to prolong his stay in power through a dubious third term provision? Is that brazen act of political corruption not infinitely worse than pardoning a penitent convicted man?

I can go on and on, but the imperative of brevity constrains me. The fact is that we cannot judge GEJ in isolation. He had predecessors, and if we cannot prove how his administration is worse than those of his predecessors (especially OBJ), then we have serious issues indeed.
B-O-R-I-N-G!!!!!

1 Like

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by GAR3TH(m): 8:47pm On Mar 25, 2013
@OP the link You provided was Broken, Below is the proper Link:

http://lat.ms/14aWUN7

@Topic

I 100% agree with the Article. The facts remain that all corrupt official should be impeach regardless of whether or not you have sentiments for them. People have been saying that we should get rid of these corrupt leaders since IBB, Since Abacha, Since OBJ, Since Yaradua etc. Just because GEJ is in office doesn't make it any different.

Let me ask you a question. If you ran a business an you found out one of your employees have been squandering money from you, what will you do? You'll fire them. So when these corrupt politicians steal Millions, talk-less of billions from Nigerians, what should Nigerians do? Impeach them from office.

I dont get why in other countries when a politician is corrupt the citizens demand he gets impeached and they protest/riots in the streets. But in Nigeria, Nigerians just sit there like fools for the past 50 years while your politicians rob you and your country. And the sad part is there are many who blindly support these corrupt leaders based on sentiments.

Should corrupt presidents be impeach, yes, should many in the national assembly be impeached, yes, Should some governors be impeached, yes, but who will impeach them? only Nigerians can. But the question is will Nigerians rise up and stop corruption instead of quietly siting there like fools while these guys steal millions.

To be truthful I dont know what is worst, the corruption in Nigeria's government or the fact people are still defending these corrupt figures and do nothing about it.

3 Likes

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by azimibraun: 8:48pm On Mar 25, 2013
Chai.com/GEJ everybody including MR Gej knws he is grossly incompetent and also a very wicked person.
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by Nobody: 8:48pm On Mar 25, 2013
Hahahahahahaha These Vultures will not cease to amaze me. So Jonathan should be impeached because of 17 Ambulances. How much does Air Force One cost ? Whats the cost of Marine one ? I cant believe these nematodes are this silly. So now, if Presidency uses 17 Ambulances, is it a problem ? How many people do you think work in the Presidency ? You haters are just too daft. If I have my way in the Presidency, its gonna be 100 Ambulances. Its NDelta Oil Money, not cocoa money, and not Groundnut Pyramid money.
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by balladin: 8:49pm On Mar 25, 2013
Quite profound. Where lies hope?
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by dulphines: 8:49pm On Mar 25, 2013
Please, let us all grant GEJ pardon for all he's done and all he's failed to do. Nigeria is a complex entity. All he needs is more time. God bless GEJ and Nigeria.
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by Boscog(m): 8:51pm On Mar 25, 2013
Nigeria will go down if try to follow this white men political interest in oil rich countries. why didn't any of dem went to ACR until today the country is down .beware nigerians let dem go n tell there presidos abeg.
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by richs(m): 8:54pm On Mar 25, 2013
citizens of nairaland your leaders know that Nigeria will separate someday that's the reason they steal with increase impunity, why?to feather their nest for post-Nigeria,save your little strength for your loved ones, Nigeria was sold and shared long time ago your rambling will amount to a BIG ZERO the only way out is a revolution not by civilians - you love life too much not minding the dehumanization and abuse you are going through- but unfortunately by the military its a case of choosing between two devils which will you prefer?your current crops of politician do not see you as citizens but rather tenants - ever wonder why 99.9% of the population yes can be subdued by 0.1% no voiced by men playing God in power,abroad you leaders live like royalties only to make those at home live like paupers.The truth is nigerians are too peace loving and will never put up a revolution that will cost lives and the government know this which is music to their ears the only intervention is the military although i am not their fan.Money is sweet and stealing it without repercussion on earth is sweeter thats why you are told to pray for the peace of Nigeria so leaders can steal more and live in peace i don't believe ballot box hold the key unless we love fooling ourselves there political prodigies being mentored in the fine art of state embezzlement warming up for power and even if by some miracle an upright leader emerge he will be surrounded by state sanction career thieves called politician.This is not about GEJ or OBJ its about systemic corruption the name of the players may change but the function remain same CORRUPTION. GOD HIMSELF IS INTERESTED IN NIGERIA FOR THE REASON THAT IT HAS BECOME AN IMPOSSIBLE CASE AND THIS IS WHAT HE SPECIALIZES ON FOR HIS GLORY AND HIS ALONE

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by soulfood(m): 8:54pm On Mar 25, 2013
EFEJU: Uneasy cries the head dat wears the crown my fellow nigerian if only u know how the President heart beats if only u know the tears that soak his pillow at night if only u know the quality time he spends praying for the success of the country pls let no kill this man he has been fustrated enough let leave him in peace n pray for our country it will be well
nor be by force. He should do the honorable thing and resign. crying on pillow of "Gold".
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by Capnd143(m): 8:54pm On Mar 25, 2013
indoorlove: Nigeria is in perpectual darkness that can only be brought to light by her youth- how many of us (the youth) is/are ready to match to national assembly to make our grieviances known, How many of us will vote someone who does not have a direct influence on us and does nt belong to thesame tribe as ours. Stop putting the whole blame on the leaders(though they have their own fair share of the problem) but followers(mostly youth) should also be blame because a larger percentage of us have limited our responsibilities to complains and prayers . Sad!
why dont we all match down in one voice to the National Assembly . . . .calling 4 the downfall of the regime! Lets #occupyNIgeria
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by Beaf1: 8:55pm On Mar 25, 2013
It is right about time. The Scumbag should retire to the creeks.
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by dvee2: 8:58pm On Mar 25, 2013
israel007: Let me ask: did this corrupt practice start with GEJ? All the progressive promising change, as far as memories go, corruption has been eating Nigeria, has there ever been a day they come out to ask for a change and then be noble enough to. 'Make an attempt at stepping down so they are not part of the corruption? Nooo. They stayed in the system, enjoyed, spent their time, replaced. That seat with their candidates and once they fall our they come out with a front of saying we need to change somethings for the better. Betterment of who?

Exaggerated lies with truth to make everything look real!

Only one third has access to toilet?

No sir,these corrupt practices did not start with GEJ, that's why we voted him, that's what he promise he is going to tackle. and as it seem,he has no idea how to tackle it and he is deeply part of it. so what do you suggest? we fold our arms and not say anything for the corruption to continue? because corruption did not start today so Nigerians should not demand an end to it ? do you suggest we wait until your brother finishes his term before we demand good governance? it baffles me the way some people reason,remember your children and your children children have no other country than Nigeria,

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by MarcoP: 9:01pm On Mar 25, 2013
@ OP

This Joel or whatever he calls himself is a nobody. There are worse issues in the United States to warrant his attention, instead of doing this hatchet job for a few thousand dollars collected from corrupt opposition party chieftains.

You cannot come from your problem ridden country to come and criticize GEJ.
America and its system is the most corrupt and exploitative in the world.

I'm too enlightened to listen to distractions like this.
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by andyanders: 9:02pm On Mar 25, 2013
GEJ is number one corrupt individual hibernating with his associates stealing the nation dry.
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by YoshiMaster: 9:06pm On Mar 25, 2013
I don't like it when people use the argument "we are 160 million people, so the money cant go around".

Do we really expect the government to go around and split the money, giving cash to everyone?

What we need are quantitative improvements for example:

. POWER SECTOR: how does having 160 million people change the fact that we haven't added significant amounts of power back to the national grid. Adding more power has nothing to do with our population size. For instance if we added another 4000MW to the grid we would have upwards of 8000MW. This is the kind of quantitative achievement that we are looking for.

. ROADS: Again, how does having 160 million people impact the construction and maintenance of our road networks? Its not like the 160 million are living in a country as big as the U.S.A, no, they are living in a small area, with national resources enough to fix all the roads in the country despite the 160 million residents.

I could go on and on but my fingers are hurting me.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by soulfood(m): 9:06pm On Mar 25, 2013
Billyonaire: Hahahahahahaha These Vultures will not cease to amaze me. So Jonathan should be impeached because of 17 Ambulances. How much does Air Force One cost ? Whats the cost of Marine one ? I cant believe these nematodes are this silly. So now, if Presidency uses 17 Ambulances, is it a problem ? How many people do you think work in the Presidency ? You haters are just too daft. If I have my way in the Presidency, its gonna be 100 Ambulances. Its NDelta Oil Money, not cocoa money, and not Groundnut Pyramid money.
You are either an illiterate or you can't read. USA has airforce one and yet their aviation industry is also highly funded and very safe. The writer was making a comparison as to why the presidency will have 17 "unused" ambulances when citizens do not have basic health care and hospitals do not have ambulances. USA has a working system, it's not perfect but they do no tolerate corruption like GEJ. You are the nematode. So if many people work at the presidency, they will all fall sick and need ambulances to get to the clinic at the same time. What is the chance of that happening?TOAD!

7 Likes

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by barrybanbi: 9:13pm On Mar 25, 2013
bubadaniel13: OP just a question for the confused Mr Joel Brinkley,Is GEJ the first leader of Nigeria?how many years has he spent on power so far?Nigeria has been ruled by bad leaders for decades and u expect GEJ to turn bad things around within three years,the writer of the article must be dreaming.
same mentality display by d oga on top is exhibited by clueless fool like u, what progress has he made to justify is 3 yrs in power? all wrongs cnt b made right overnyt, but a least there suppose to b progress in d right direction.
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by promkingzz(m): 9:14pm On Mar 25, 2013
crythis is sad. Sometimes I swear I regret bein born into this forsaken yet lucky country.
Seun, how can we start a campaign online to promote this knowledge

You see, the painful truth is...Nigerian don't even have intrest in political issues anymore, even to vote sef, cos as many will say "anyhw we do or talk dis politicians go still do dia mind" but looking at the trend from 2007 to now...I'd say things have changed a little. Nigerian are not aware of this facts!!!! Its the truth!!!! We need awareness!!!

This thin I read nw jus dey make me wan cry,I hate this country!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Buhari In Talks With Igbo Leaders Over Pro-biafra Protests – Presidency / Photos Of Acting President Osinbajo Presiding Over The FEC Meeting Today / 2023: Dokpesi Meets Lagos4Lagos APC Group In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.