Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,052 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) (21543 Views)

Delta State Set To Experience Massive Construction / Construction Going On At Ariaria Junction By Ukwu Mango Road In Aba / Pictures Of Massive Construction Work In Ogun State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by Nobody: 10:34am On Mar 27, 2013
the_ripper2: Post pictures of Ifo, atan, ijoko, sango-ota, adalemo, iyana.Every development in Ogun-state starts and ends in abeokuta or at most Ijebu/ sagamu axis.
When was the last time you were in Ijebu Ode?

1 Like

Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by mogentle(m): 10:39am On Mar 27, 2013
groovie:
That road is a complete write off. I wonder what massive construction is going on.Cos ive been to abeokuta recently and all i saw was a bridge that has little or no importance

At least you saw a Bridge (thank God), leave the importance to our assessment.

the_ripper2: Post pictures of Ifo, atan, ijoko, sango-ota, adalemo, iyana.Every development in Ogun-state starts and ends in abeokuta or at most Ijebu/ sagamu axis.

My brother, you want all pix at same time huh? How many of this pix were seen like this when Fighting OGD was there?

And so the present govt is to blame for all presently bad roads? Show me a road that outlived the immediate past govt. Most reliable roads in Ogun state now was constructed by OSOBA govt e.g Akarigbo Road in Sagamu, Siun-Ogere-Iperu road, they outlived OGD. OGD was a waste, so dont blame all on Amosun who is less than 2 years in office. Next><><>
Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by cecegorz(m): 10:39am On Mar 27, 2013
Knowledge9000: Typical Nigerian politicians...hoodwinking the masses with petty cheap-ass projects. Approve 2 billion naira for a project and spend only 100million for it. The masses jumping thinking it's a good thing and posting on Nairaland...Gov. Amonsuis performing. Until there is transparency on how these projects are awarded, these are just stunts to amuse and titillate the senses of the poor masses. It's time we, the masses take back our country; meaning, whenever project is awarded and construction has started, go and inspect it, estimate the worth of what you saw on ground and compare it to the amount awarded for it...you will be astonished and if not angry
Thank you jare.
Most people are just ignorance on rampage!
Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by Gbawe: 10:45am On Mar 27, 2013
Trachea:

There is no point joining issues with you. i lived in ogun State when the last governor was there and i still live in Ogun State. The differences are miles apart. Take a trip to to the state and see. After all, seeing is believing.

Bottom line is that information is out there, for those who want it, that shows Amosun is working hard. These threads, if most nairalanders are secure and focused people, should involve mainly stakeholders discussing amiably while criticism should be sensible and developmental in nature not bitter, disgruntled, hateful and downright indicative of neurosis and inferiority-complex.

What, for example, concerns Akpabio with this thread? So the thread is not derailed, I will urge stakeholders , for or against Amosun, to present their utterance/pictures and/or criticism in a positive way, as obtains on other Nigerian forums, and ignore the mischief-makers who are not even from the SW. Genuine stakeholders know what is behind their bitterness. Let progressive-minded folks focus, on this thread, on the plans and good work of the Government or level constructive criticism or identify areas where more can be done.

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/ogun-begins-groundwork-for-ofada-new-town-project/

Ogun begins groundwork for Ofada new town project
DAYO AYEYEMI November 20, 2012 1 Comment »

In a move to reorder the use of land and curb indiscriminate physical developments on the Mowe, Ofada and Papalanto corridor of the state, Ogun State government is strategising to create a new town in the axis. DAYO AYEYEMI, reports

Indiscriminate physical developments within Mowe, Ofada and Papalanto axis of Ogun State will soon be a thing of the past if robust plan by the state government to reorder land use in the area is anything to go by.

Not impressed by the chaotic development of buildings within the axis, the state government is mapping out strategy to create a new town in the region to cater for the needs of the people.

Already, the state government has earmarked over 37,000 hectares of land for the project, which is expected to kick off soon.

Briefing selected property editors in her office in Abeokuta, Special Adviser to Governor Ibikunle Amosun on Land Matters/ Director-General, Bureau of Land, Mrs. Ronke Sokefun, disclosed that the state government has already embarked on topographic survey of the area, while details of the project are being worked out.

She said the project is going to cover the entire left side of Papalanto Road from Shagamu exchange, encompassing Mowe and Ofada areas. Sokefun revealed that government is trying to put in place the location’s master plan to guide the development of the new town.

Lamenting the unregulated developments within the corridor, she noted that there were over 40 supposed estates along Mowe, Ofada, Papalanto road, and that what people could see when passing by are their frontage and signposts without housing development.

“With the exception of one or two developers that have done something, what you see along the road are their frontage and facial signposts,” she said.

On existing villages, the special adviser explained that some villages are going to be given excision, while compensation will be paid to owners of property with requisite title documents that fall within the project’s site.

On the modality for the development of the new town, she explained that government will invite estate developers to buy into the project and build for people to buy.

She said, “The state government is planning to coordinate physical development in the state by kick-starting a new town project that will integrate every developments in the area

“We have kick-started the new town project, we are trying to do a master plan for the place. The entire left side of Papa road falls into the new town project. The state has commenced the topographic survey. At the end, government is going to invite developers to build. “The state government has about 37,000 hectares for the project and we are going to excise some villages.”

Speaking on new initiative in Land Bureau office, Sokefun said that things are already looking up in the state’s land registry, having embarked on process review and re-engineering of various operations in the bureau.

The reform, she said was hinged on the report by the International Finance Commission ranking Ogun State 36 among the states where business transaction is difficult when she came into office one and half years ago. One of the complaints, she said bordered on timeline for land transaction and administration.

For this reason, she disclosed that she went into action by embarking on major automation of the processes to make it easier for land transactions from the stage of buying land to the stage of granting the Certificate of Occupancy.

She said, “We moved to automate our processes to make them easier for land transaction from buying land to the stage of getting Certificate of Occupancy.

“We invited Avaizon Consultant to handle the process review and reengineering. It involves interviewing all cadres of staff and offices on how they interface and how their job is detached from one another.

That took about 90 days. “So we are able to get something called workflow.

The workflow shows depth to depth approaches to land transaction, every mortgage being it private Certificate of Occupancy, ratification for those people that bought land from third parties.”

On land matters, she emphasised that the bureau has commenced its Electronic Data Management process within while more scanners are coming in for the scanning of both and new documents.

She said, “When you come in now, you go to search room, make your payment, have your code access, log in and get your information. Land transaction is meant to be effortless, that is what we are trying to do.

“We have been able to install racks and box files. We put files in boxes and indexed them. “We are doing our GIS to get up-to-date information from length and breadth of the state through satellite images. We picked 50 centimetres for images in developed area and 80 centimetres from the rest of the state,” she said.

Besides, she said staffs of the bureau are being trained twice in a week to build their capacity.

She also decried indiscriminate sale of land on the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, blaming it for slum development on the axis.

Besides, she said there was a problem of multiple agencies selling land in the state before the present administration came to power, namely: Ministry of Housing, OPIC, Ogun State Housing Corporation, and Gateway Property Company Limited among others.

The development, he said did not give room for coordinated physical development especially along Lagos-Ibadan corridor.

She explained, “The acquisition of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway was done in 1994, it is two kilometres stretch from Berger to Shagamu interchange, the state gave it to Ogun Property Investment Company (OPIC) to manage, the agency started selling to people and that is why we find uncontrolled development in this axis.

According to her, a lot of people that bought land in the location were speculators.

“We have found that on Lagos-Ibadan road, people get land at ridiculous amount. You can imaging giving out 450 hectares of land at N20million, and that is why the Judicial Commission was set up to look into this,” she said.

On River View Estate Residents ‘Association’s plight, she described the sale of the estate as a scam, saying the location falls within the flood plain of Ogun River, She said, “The whole Riverview Estate is a scam because the location falls within River Ogun plain. Experts have been there and suggested solutions. One of the solutions is to construct an artificial lake. That will cost the state billions of naira except we have cheaper alternative.

Meanwhile, Ogun State government has paid the sum of N88.07million to 69 individuals whose property are to be affected by the expansion of the Agbeloba axis of Abeokuta.

This is to fulfil its promise to adequately compensate owners of properties to be demolished in the course of constructing the six lanes road.

Handing over the cheques to the claimants, the Deputy Director of Lands, Mr. Isaac Akogun, said the present administration in the state followed the normal laid down procedures of non demolition of the properties until the compensation was paid.

He said the yardstick used by the bureau to authenticate who to be compensated included Certificate of Ownership (C of O), survey and building plan of the properties, noting that government contracted the valuation of the properties to a consultant on property value and payment was based on his verification and final submission.

Akogun remarked that physical development was part of beautification and urban renewal, adding that after the initial discomfort, residents would benefit in the long run from the infrastructure.

Speaking shortly after collecting his cheque, one of the claimants and Chairman Ansarudeen Mosque, Agbeloba, Alhaji Moshood Opebiyi appreciated the government for matching words with action, saying that it had once again displayed its commitment to the welfare of the people.

Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by Nobody: 10:47am On Mar 27, 2013
Can someone pls help start a thread on oyo state developments, I believe the governor is equally doing well.

1 Like

Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by ocelot2006(m): 10:54am On Mar 27, 2013
crispgg: I cant believe this, is this what you people call massive? Gutter?!!!!! with small foundation by the side of a stream?

God help Nigeria!

LMAO!! 'was about to say the very same thing grin cheesy .

2 Likes

Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by anonimi: 10:58am On Mar 27, 2013
Gbawe:

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/ogun-begins-groundwork-for-ofada-new-town-project/

So we should start celebrating the BEGINNING of the GROUNDWORK, is that correct?
What should we do when the project is finally completed?

BTW, how much was spent on the "beginning of the groundwork" that we are supposed to celebrate with some serious owambe for the ex-PDP, ex-ANPP man who is now Ogun state governor after ensuring his fellow chartered accountant was brutally and gruesomely murdered by assassins
I understand that Amosun is no longer keen on pursuing the investigations to Dina's death after the initial gra gra. Why do you think that is so?
Your guess is as good as mine.

2 Likes

Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by ewet: 11:00am On Mar 27, 2013
Demdem: Good news I am hearing about amosun. However there are reports that he concentrates more in abeokuta the capital city and environs. Will residents or op kindly confirm or deny this.
Where is your GEJ concentrating,did he come anywhere near the south west at all?
Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by Gbawe: 11:07am On Mar 27, 2013
Geomac:

I think you are right. I visited a friend in Lagos last weekend, we drove to his new project site in Ijoko. The road from Sago - Ijoko - Agbado was horrible. Anybody in that axis can confirm.

It will take time. The entire State cannot be developed at once given that funds are not limitless. Nonetheless, a good plan, anyone interested can gain access to, is in place and being followed.

https://www.facebook.com/OgunIndicator/timeline

The construction of pre cast drainage is ongoing at the 6 lane Ejinrin - Oluwalogbon junction in IjebuOde which will also have a flyover bridge to ease the traffic at the round about. Quality at its peak. Ogun Standard. God bless Ogun State
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/c0.0.403.403/p403x403/602070_584205108256190_423628896_n.jpg

Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by mogentle(m): 11:08am On Mar 27, 2013
anonimi:

So we should start celebrating the [b]BEGINNING of the GROUNDWORK, is that correct?
What should we do when the project is finally completed?[/b]

BTW, how much was spent on the "beginning of the groundwork" that we are supposed to celebrate with some serious owambe for the ex-PDP, ex-ANPP man who is now Ogun state governor after ensuring his fellow chartered accountant was brutally and gruesomely murdered by assassins
I understand that Amosun is no longer keen on pursuing the investigations to Dina's death after the initial gra gra. Why do you think that is so?
Your guess is as good as mine.

Any BEGINNING of the GROUNDWORK from GEJ to celebrate?
@anomini, go back to your hamlet in the East & investigate the non performance of your Govs despite the huge oil money accruing. Leave us alone here.
Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by AjanleKoko: 11:10am On Mar 27, 2013
Pataki:

Open a thread about the developments your own state is undertaking and we can then compare notes whether your indolent local government chairman and state governor are in anyway functional.

I have been privileged to live across different states in Nigeria, privileged as well to be exposed to life abroad and I can say Amosun of Ogun State is giving a massive facelift to Ogun State.

Just yesterday night, I stepped out of my house to discuss with a friend. Right in my neighborhood, I saw a police patrol car moving around in my estate. This is in one of the newly donated police vehicles given by the state government to your PDP Federal Police. Safety of lives is gradually being restored in the State.

There is more the development of a State than gutters and roads and Amosun is clearly on the right part to ensuring that. Furthermore, I have noticed that Amosun's government is such that they listen to intellectual critics. So if you have something intellectual upstairs to contribute to the development of Ogun State, please log-on facebook. I can give you the name and personal facebook profile of his Special adviser on media and social networks.

You'd find out that most of the complainants are not from the South West, don't live in any of the SW states, and are just complaining for the sake of complaining.

A lot has been said about transformation in Rivers and Akwa Ibom, but I declined to comment until I had the opportunity to visit both states. And I was impressed overall by what I saw. People should adopt same attitude and refrain from commenting for the sake of commenting.

1 Like

Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by anonimi: 11:10am On Mar 27, 2013
Every now & then I am reminded of the sayiong of the sages:

Silence is the best answer for a F--L.

Please feel free to complete at your leisure.

1 Like

Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by anonimi: 11:12am On Mar 27, 2013
AjanleKoko:

You'd find out that most of the complainants are not from the South West, don't live in any of the SW states, and are just complaining for the sake of complaining.

How did you arrive at the above conjecture?
Have some crystal ball you might want to share with others?

1 Like

Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by Trachea: 11:15am On Mar 27, 2013
Gbawe:

Bottom line is that information is out there, for those who want it, that shows Amosun is working hard. These threads, if most nairalanders are secure and focused people, should involve mainly stakeholders discussing amiably while criticism should be sensible and developmental in nature not bitter, disgruntled, hateful and downright indicative of neurosis and inferiority-complex.

What, for example, concerns Akpabio with this thread? So the thread is not derailed, I will urge stakeholders , for or against Amosun, to present their utterance/pictures and/or criticism in a positive way, as obtains on other Nigerian forums, and ignore the mischief-makers who are not even from the SW. Genuine stakeholders know what is behind their bitterness. Let progressive-minded folks focus, on this thread, on the plans and good work of the Government or level constructive criticism or identify areas where more can be done.

Thank you for this article.
Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by Gbawe: 11:16am On Mar 27, 2013
AjanleKoko:

A lot has been said about transformation in Rivers and Akwa Ibom, but I declined to comment until I had the opportunity to visit both states. And I was impressed overall by what I saw. People should adopt same attitude and refrain from commenting for the sake of commenting.

Indeed. Positive news and development should always be celebrated by all secure and balanced people. Yet it is those not from the SW who appear most bitter and most rabidly hateful on these sort of thread. If they could they would probably demand OP be hanged merely because, as a stakeholder is allowed to do, he expresses joy at development he is witnessing.

These hateful posters don't realise that balanced folks can discern that it is not the OP who has a problem. It is those who show inferiority complex, neurosis and malevolent obsession with others with how, like white on rice, they are quick to jump on anything concerning the SW 24/7 with nothing but hateful and derisive contributions.
Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by Gbawe: 11:26am On Mar 27, 2013
I remember mentioning the foundation-laying ceremony for this last year. Now at 90% completion. These are the sort of things informed folks rate Amosun for i.e plans and commissioning becoming reality.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=578059755537392&set=pb.414038215272881.-2207520000.1364379880&type=3&theater

The 90% complete advanced four technical workshops for heavy duty trucks at the mechanic village Obada Oko to be fitted with advanced technical equipment. Powered by TATA. Ogun Standard. God bless Ogun State

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/480181_578059755537392_422703278_n.jpg
Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by Gbawe: 11:35am On Mar 27, 2013
This is why it is important to ignore non-important haters and those who are not stakeholders. Their bitter and negative comments are only reflections of their frustration. Below are the submission of genuine stakeholders regarding the Ibara flyover delivered by the Amosun government. Good folks can listen to folks like that or entertain the bitter and hate-motivated vituperations of those who have no connections at all to the SW.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=560258540650847&set=a.414047528605283.107568.414038215272881&type=3&theater

View 1 more comment

Olashile Kehinde God bless Nigeria. God bless me @ u
24 януари в 10:25

Onabolu Adebayo Onabolu We must not say it in public, but the truth is that democracy is helping Nigeria to move forward
24 януари в 11:39

Kanji Ojelade This is really commendable. I still believe there is need to develop the outskirts of the City. Let new infrastructures be established toward Ibadan, Ijebuode/Owode axis of the state. God Bless you all, God Bless our foremost state.
24 януари в 20:45 · 1

Kehinde Joseph Kashimawo This is a welcome development, but hope the structures will be well maintained. D pedestrian crossing needs to show the stop line for the traffic. Hope attention be focused on adequate and uninterrupted water supply.
25 януари в 08:57

Semiu Ogunwolu The Egbas in America even saw it before us in Nigeria!. Amosun is determined to do all that, we will continue to pray for him and have plans to join him so that he will have good hands to hand over to, for consistency in the developments of Ogun state.
26 януари в 05:07 · 1

Zents Kunle Sowunmi The oracle is happy with this development.
Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by otokx(m): 11:36am On Mar 27, 2013
so construction of gutters not drainage is now massive construction?

2 Likes

Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by mogentle(m): 11:36am On Mar 27, 2013
@anamini, check this. Backyard projects?

The ongoing construction of the Ilo Awela to Ojuore road in [b]Ota... with the construction of the foundation for the pre cast drainage to the casting of the drainage and the advanced concrete mixers at the CCECC yard.... Quality at its peak. Ogun Standard
[/b]
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=578058525537515&set=pb.414038215272881.-2207520000.1364379375&type=3&theater

Update on Itoku flyover, omida culvert, itoku culvert, sapon culvert... Ogun Standard. God bless Ogun State.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=575148039161897&set=pb.414038215272881.-2207520000.1364379375&type=3&theater

The ongoing construction of the 9km 10 lane super highway from Brewery to Ajebo....YES 10 lanes!!! With two flyover bridges under construction, one in Itoku and the second in Sapon to separate those who don't have business in the hustling and bustling of both markets and to reduce the congestion between the intersections at Sapon of the 6 lanes coming from Ojere to Adatan junction. Quality at it's peak. Ogun Standard. God bless Ogun State
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=578062112203823&set=pb.414038215272881.-2207520000.1364379375&type=3&theater

Do you need more? LOLZZZZZZ. grin shocked

1 Like

Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by anonimi: 11:41am On Mar 27, 2013
mogentle:
Do you need more? LOLZZZZZZ. grin shocked

Nope.
Just include the costs and how the contracts were awarded.
That will do.

1 Like

Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by Desola(f): 11:43am On Mar 27, 2013
Black Peni5: When I opened this thread, was hoping to see serious construction work. Is this what people call massive these days...Na wa for our mediocrity sha.

I tire o. grin

1 Like

Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by playcharles(m): 11:43am On Mar 27, 2013
hyrant rubbish... massive gutter or what? i was expecting to see sumtin like a bridge from ogun state linking lagos third mainland bridge, or sumtin like a factory producin cars

2 Likes

Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by danot1030: 11:44am On Mar 27, 2013
vanunu: I can't see any massive construction in the pics.

bad belle (pdp agent)
Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by dklex(m): 11:45am On Mar 27, 2013
Table Leg :
SMh.... Nigerians at the sight of diggers, trenches, heavy machineries, escavation and what not, will chat all sorts of nonsense about development and things happening!

Let us see the pictures of end product and plans for further development and infrastructural improvements, then we can talk!

If previous Governors had work like he is doing now, it will have been a different story. Come to Ota and see the massive road expansion that is going on. Rome was not built in a day.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Buhari Is Capable Of Leading Nigeria - Edwin Clark / Police Arrests 8 Over Saraki's Attack In Ilorin / Southern Nigerian Governors Call For Devolution Of Powers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.