Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,896 members, 7,814,029 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) (21542 Views)

Delta State Set To Experience Massive Construction / Construction Going On At Ariaria Junction By Ukwu Mango Road In Aba / Pictures Of Massive Construction Work In Ogun State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by Gbawe: 11:45am On Mar 27, 2013
Pataki:

This is the Politics section. No one cares if you are male or female. In as much as you drop a contribution here, be ready to either be applauded for an intelligent comment or be ridiculed for disgracing yourself.

Your first comment on this thread was utterly disgraceful and smacks of one who talks before thinking.

The State Governor is not responsible for ensuring your Mother's house has electricity. Please educate yourself next time before making ignorant comment here.

You should ignore those with nothing to say. They want to take the thread in a certain direction. My brother, just like you pointed out sarcastically earlier, I guess what is shown below is not massive construction. It is a "bicycle path". Honestly, some should just go and work on their own mental health instead of coming here to show the entire world they are damaged good. Stakeholders and users of a State are expressing joy at[b] unprecedented[/b] development they are seeing and you who should be minding your own business, in your state thousands of kilometres away, is castigating them. Welcome to Nigeria the home of many sick 'puppies' with unresolved issues.

http://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/148156_525859924090709_237547943_n.jpg

Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by shagaman: 11:46am On Mar 27, 2013
A mosun has really done notting than to concentrate on Abeokuta,the road tat leads to ojodu berger from ijoko is a no go area,so bad ,lambe to matogun that the local gov would handle so much stories on it,he got his highest votes in ifo local govt yet he has abandoned the place..2015 is around d corner ...we shall see

2 Likes

Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by anayonduba(m): 11:47am On Mar 27, 2013
Ple brodas online, ow can i start posting stuffs, cos av got a lot of hits to post.
Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by danot1030: 11:47am On Mar 27, 2013
fittty: Road constructions also going on in ibadan. Saw it 2days ago when I visited

These are states that were ruled by enemy of progress party governors (pdp) for years with nothing but decadence.

1 Like

Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by Gbawe: 11:51am On Mar 27, 2013
More example of the work of the governor with comments from real stakeholders and primary users of the State:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=524736167536418&set=a.414047528605283.107568.414038215272881&type=3&theater

Health in Ogunstate: One of the ongoing 9 secondary health care centers being constructed by the Ogunstate govt in each of the 9 federal constituencies.

Awokoya Michael, Adeyinka Adeleye, Bankole Lukman Ayinde и 7 други харесват това.

Asimonye Jerry Chiedu My governor, abeg give us dis kind hospital for ifo.
12 ноември 2012 г. в 07:07

Akinrinlola Eniola dis is wot we av bin xpectin since from past governors; sia e ku ise takuntakun allah mbe leyin re
12 ноември 2012 г. в 10:16

Adebayo Rahman abegi were is this one they our governor SIA ma ba ise relo jooooooo
12 ноември 2012 г. в 13:17

Iskilu Olaniyi Muraina ride on gov
12 ноември 2012 г. в 14:09

Adeyinka Adeleye health is wealth,gud job frm SIA
Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:52am On Mar 27, 2013
shagaman: A mosun has really done notting than to concentrate on Abeokuta,the road tat leads to ojodu berger from ijoko is a no go area,so bad ,lambe to matogun that the local gov would handle so much stories on it,he got his highest votes in ifo local govt yet he has abandoned the place..2015 is around d corner ...we shall see

But won't he start from somewhere? I tire 4 una reasoning o!!
You want to be seeing flyovers all over the state within a year? Are you a learner?
Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by Desola(f): 11:53am On Mar 27, 2013
Massive construction indeed!
Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by Gbawe2: 11:54am On Mar 27, 2013
django1:

But won't he start from somewhere? I tire 4 una reasoning o!!
You want to be seeing flyovers all over the state within a year? Are you a learner?

To be honest, intellectual laziness is a real problem for Nigeria.
Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:55am On Mar 27, 2013
Desola: Massive construction indeed!
Iya afin desola, do you want to compare with the Ogidi omo of yesteryears?
Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by nig2change: 11:57am On Mar 27, 2013
Pls if you to see an ACN gov in action go to Edo state and Lagos state. Ogun state is also trying but I tell most solemnly Adams first 2yrs did what PDP could do in 8Yrs. Come and see roads constructed with drainages, streetlights, traffic lights, proper demarcation. I have never one day seen him showing the world his legacies on newspapers or tv like others but he needs to do more. But the word MASSIVE CONSTRUCTION can better be defined in AKwa Ibom state.
Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:58am On Mar 27, 2013
Gbawe.:

To be honest, intellectual laziness is a real problem for Nigeria.
Bros, I fear that Nigeria cannot be helped.
Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by Nobody: 12:00pm On Mar 27, 2013
nig2change: Pls if you to see an ACN gov in action go to Edo state and Lagos state. Ogun state is also trying but I tell most solemnly Adams first 2yrs did what PDP could do in 8Yrs. Come and see roads constructed with drainages, streetlights, traffic lights, proper demarcation. I have never one day seen him showing the world his legacies on newspapers or tv like others but he needs to do more. But the word MASSIVE CONSTRUCTION can better be defined in AKwa Ibom state.

Edo people on here should help create a picture thread to see all these development.
Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by Gbawe2: 12:00pm On Mar 27, 2013
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=524736167536418&set=a.414047528605283.107568.414038215272881&type=3&theater

Health in Ogunstate: One of the ongoing 9 secondary health care centers being constructed by the Ogunstate govt in each of the 9 federal constituencies.

Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by sayso: 12:03pm On Mar 27, 2013
Knowledge9000: Typical Nigerian politicians...hoodwinking the masses with petty cheap-ass projects. Approve 2 billion naira for a project and spend only 100million for it. The masses jumping thinking it's a good thing and posting on Nairaland...Gov. Amonsuis performing. Until there is transparency on how these projects are awarded, these are just stunts to amuse and titillate the senses of the poor masses. It's time we, the masses take back our country; meaning, whenever project is awarded and construction has started, go and inspect it, estimate the worth of what you saw on ground and compare it to the amount awarded for it...you will be astonished and if not angry

and how will you fund such inspection when you still have some business to take care?
Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by Pataki: 12:03pm On Mar 27, 2013
Gbawe:

You should ignore those with nothing to say. They want to take the thread in a certain direction. My brother, just like you pointed out sarcastically earlier, I guess what is shown below is not massive construction. It is a "bicycle path". Honestly, some should just go and work on their own mental health instead of coming here to show the entire world they are damaged good. Stakeholders and users of a State are expressing joy at[b] unprecedented[/b] development they are seeing and you who should be minding your own business, in your state thousands of kilometres away, is castigating them. Welcome to Nigeria the home of many sick 'puppies' with unresolved issues.

http://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/148156_525859924090709_237547943_n.jpg

I really do try to ignore these people as much as I can.

I remember some few days ago, I entered a public transport within Abeokuta, and this foolish Igbo boy was complaining that Amosun is just busy destroying houses and shops within the metropolis all at the same time! That rather Amosun should start gradually from street to street rather than the MASSIVE project he has undertaken.

I had to clearly tell him that all these project from Itoku to Lafenwa to Sapon to Ibara to Ijaiye to Olorunsogo to Asero to Adantan and all across the State are being handled by various contractors and road development agents. This creates room for proper competition and not delivering sub-standard urban development project.

I love the NEW Abeokuta I can forsee. And for any random ediot to tell me the days of OGD/OGROMA are better than the HiTEC, PW carrying out development in my beloved state, such a person needs to be exterminated!
Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by Gbawe2: 12:08pm On Mar 27, 2013
nig2change: Pls if you to see an ACN gov in action go to Edo state and Lagos state. Ogun state is also trying but I tell most solemnly Adams first 2yrs did what PDP could do in 8Yrs. Come and see roads constructed with drainages, streetlights, traffic lights, proper demarcation. I have never one day seen him showing the world his legacies on newspapers or tv like others but he needs to do more. But the word MASSIVE CONSTRUCTION can better be defined in AKwa Ibom state.

No one is denying Akpabio has done well but a sense of perspective is always important. It is not a competition. Because most of us are fairly well-off and have access to the net should not mean we demonstrate open egotism by indulging our own perspective and vaingloriously igroring those who matter like the happy OP and other stakeholders who are happy to be seeing progress after many years of stagnation.

Akpabio would have been Governor for 6 years by June 2013. Amosun 2 years by the same period. Do you feel he will not have achieved same or more, in comparison to Akpabio, in the next 4 years? Let us learn to simply appreciate all administrators doing well instead of reducing everything to a competition when the people who matter most , i.e ordinary Nigerians, don't have the luxury of using any State other than that they live in.

1 Like

Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by Desola(f): 12:16pm On Mar 27, 2013
django1:
Iya afin desola, do you want to compare with the Ogidi omo of yesteryears?

Most certainly not! Aa le fiku w'orun.

However, the Op's description or should I say posted images do not lend credence to the title. You can hardly call the mere digging of a foundation or what looks like the paving of ways for drainages as massive construction, now can you? If they were to be happening simultaneously at different locations of the state or perhaps if they were in their completed state, then we might have a better appreciation for the good works.

I was misled by the title as upon sighting it, I was overcome by excitement only to open the thread and be confronted by what could be the construction site of Kwam1's new palatial house.

Anyway, the journey of a thousand miles begin with a step and it seems clear that Amosin has started and is on the right track but his publicists need to come correct. When I saw pictures of the developments going on in Ibadan, I didn't need to be told that there were massive constructions going on - I could see them. I saw the nearly completed bridge and tarred roads. Though Amosun has commenced, I think his works would have better standing when showed nearer to completion or in their completed states..
Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by Dede1(m): 12:18pm On Mar 27, 2013
Gbawe:

The above project is nothing but fool’s theory in action. Is there any reason to waste fund on an elevated carriageway when there no fathomable reason other than political shenanigan?

1 Like

Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by Gbawe2: 12:22pm On Mar 27, 2013
Dede1:

The above project is nothing but fool’s theory in action. Is there any reason to waste fund on an elevated carriageway when there no fathomable reason other than political shenanigan?

Think what you want. In fact, I agree with you it is all "political shenanigan". You are correct. We have heard you and noted your contribution. You are free to go. Thank you and let us leave it there.
Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by Nobody: 12:26pm On Mar 27, 2013
Desola:

Most certainly not! Aa le fiku w'orun.

However, the Op's description or should I say posted images do not lend credence to the title. You can hardly call the mere digging of a foundation or what looks like the paving of ways for drainages as massive construction, now can you? If they were to be happening simultaneously at different locations of the state or perhaps if they were in their completed state, then we might have a better appreciation for the good works.

I was misled by the title as upon sighting it, I was overcome by excitement only to open the thread and be confronted by what could be the construction site of Kwam1's new palatial house.

Anyway, the journey of a thousand miles begin with a step and it seems clear that Amosin has started and is on the right track but his publicists need to come correct. When I saw pictures of the developments going on in Ibadan, I didn't need to be told that there were massive constructions going on - I could see them. I saw the nearly completed bridge and tarred roads. Though Amosun has commenced, I think his works would have better standing when showed nearer to completion or in their completed states..

I see what you mean, but the OP just wrote how he felt about the road constructions. It depends on each of us to see if those are massive or not, but like we both know this is massive in comparison to the former regime and even some states in the country.
Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by mencer(m): 12:30pm On Mar 27, 2013
[b]do these pictures show massive construction works indeed ?[size=8pt][/size] [color=#990000][/color]
Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by Evestar200(f): 12:31pm On Mar 27, 2013
Just luk at what is goin on in akwa ibom state,,then u will knw what massive construction is,,not dat trash they are doing in ogun state
Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by Pataki: 12:36pm On Mar 27, 2013
Evestar200: Just luk at what is goin on in akwa ibom state,,then u will knw what massive construction is,,not dat trash they are doing in ogun state

Are you not from the Niger Delta? Show us any meaningful project going on in your flood eroded region.
Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by Gbawe2: 12:38pm On Mar 27, 2013
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=513845931958775&set=a.414047528605283.107568.414038215272881&type=3&theater

Education they say is the best legacy: The ongoing construction of one of the model schools at kemta Abeokuta South LGA by China Gezhouba Group Corporation CGGC.... Project to be delivered by February 2013.

Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by Rossikk(m): 12:43pm On Mar 27, 2013
I don't understand why on earth we need China to build schools in this country, when we have so many construction firms here. I can understand if it is railways or airports, but schools? That's ridiculous.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

"Buhari Has Not Disappointed Me" – Obasanjo Said 4 Months Ago On CNN / Okorocha: 'George Eche My SSG Running For Governor? I'm Not Aware' / Southern States Dismiss Blockade While North Food Traders Insist On Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.