Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,886 members, 7,814,003 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) (21540 Views)

Delta State Set To Experience Massive Construction / Construction Going On At Ariaria Junction By Ukwu Mango Road In Aba / Pictures Of Massive Construction Work In Ogun State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by theripper2: 1:40pm On Mar 27, 2013
There is so much sycophancy and assss-kissing on this thread. The Ogun state I know has witnessed next to notin in Ijoko, sango-ota, Ifo, atan, Iju, adalemo. Everytin development I hear is confined to okelowo and abeokuta axis. And truthfully, the bridge was unnecessary and extraneous.
The ongoing expansion happening around Oju-ore axis is just demolition of houses around Ansarudeen secondary school area. The level of hypocrisy among this political jobbers is abysmal, we should be fair to ourselves and say the truth
Presently, the state has borrowed 26 billion in 2yrs to do wat and LG workers are still being owed salaries up to 6months at least in Ado-odo ota LG.

We should hold our leaders accountable and demand more from them and stop calling gutters and drainages "massive" construction.

God bless Nigeria.
Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:43pm On Mar 27, 2013
The Governor is working....we all can see from an ordinary citizen ( who is not a paid agent) lens.

If you believe its a ruse...post pictures from on-going projects of your highly rated governor including the loud-mouthed spendthrift Governor.

A picture speak more than thousand words......don't indulge us with photo shopped and already completed projects....we want recent and ongoing project photos.

In as much as this may not be our exact expectations....we still want to appreciate what he is doing considering the massive degradation of the recent past...
Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by 7lives: 1:46pm On Mar 27, 2013
seunfly: While i don't want to get into ACN vs PDP war because of some fanatics of both side on this site, but i must confess that in as much as Southwest is concern ACN is mile and sensibly ahead of pdp, pdp believe only in sharing the money, borrowing and sharing then rigging finaly. Even though ACN guys are not saint and they should even perform better because they are also miles away from standard governance, however they are 1000times better than pdp guys and i don't pray to have the kind of pdp guys that we have in Osun and Oyo again 4ever, Amen.

Hey u no dey fear, you wan make dis pdp goons drink your blood, let them continue to down play good efforts, anyone who envies and hate an acheiver will never amount to anything in life, this is a divine law.
Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by Paentera(m): 1:46pm On Mar 27, 2013
Demdem: Good news I am hearing about amosun. However there are reports that he concentrates more in abeokuta the capital city and environs. Will residents or op kindly confirm or deny this.

Quite untrue. I passed through all 20 LGAs of the state in Dec 2012 and can confirm that massive road construction projects are also on-going in Ijebu Ode, Sagamu and Ado-Odo/Ota - areas the government considers key for urban development as well as for enhancing movement of goods for the state manufacturing base - Ado-Odo/Ota.

So its not only Abeokuta receiving attention. The state has it in plan to also open a road from Agbara through Ado-Odo/Ota linking the state with a ring road to avoid congestion for Abeokuta. There's more development coming.
Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by Paentera(m): 1:51pm On Mar 27, 2013
ameriel pepper: What constrution? Mtcheew!, I live in ogun state ( my mum built her house there). In itele that is after ayetoro, when you pass through ayobo. There's no electricity there for the past 3yrs my mum built her house there, so we her kids have decided to remain in lagos, our state of birth! Pls if you have that AMOSUN 's ear, tell him to send light sharperly to that area! Not surprised @ his name cos I know what it means in ibo language! That area is so poorly developed! Stop praising someone whom has not done anything!

But the state government is not responsible for getting electricity to your house. Don't expose your ignorance.

3 Likes

Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by Paentera(m): 1:58pm On Mar 27, 2013
anonimi:

Has he fixed all those dilapidated secondary schools in his state?
Is education free with textbooks in Ogun state?
How about pipe borne water supply in the state?
And paying ALL civil servants the minimum wage of N18,000 monthly without delay each month?
How much is RECEIVED by members of the Ogun State House of Assembly for doing nothing monthly?
What is the budget for Amosun's state house feeding allowance in 2013?
Has he held LG elections so they can perform their roles such as fixing broken PRIMARY schools and primary healthcare centres as well as public markets etc?

[size=14pt]Enough of the paparazzi yoyo cheap & cheerful projects without dealing with the BASIC matters of everyday life comforts and preparing HUMAN capital for the future as Awolowo did and Onanbanjo 60 & 30 years ago respectively.[/size]

Your criticism are the type I like to respond to - smart, articulate and sensible. Not riff raffs that spew rubbish and have nothing to contribute.

I am not an indigene or resident of Ogun state and I challenge citizens of the state to keep the governor on his toes to achieve all these that have been outlined by anonimi. It is important to keep focus on the end result as well as ensure he is held accountable for delivering all these basic infrastructure, these are the yardsticks of good governance indeed.
Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by Dede1(m): 1:59pm On Mar 27, 2013
Paentera:

Quite untrue. I passed through all 20 LGAs of the state in Dec 2012 and can confirm that massive road construction projects are also on-going in Ijebu Ode, Sagamu and Ado-Odo/Ota - areas the government considers key for urban development as well as for enhancing movement of goods for the state manufacturing base - Ado-Odo/Ota.

So its not only Abeokuta receiving attention. The state has it in plan to also open a road from Agbara through Ado-Odo/Ota linking the state with a ring road to avoid congestion for Abeokuta. There's more development coming.

I call the attention of illegitimate boy (ilugunboy) to the above post. This is from a Yooba peep who stated that “Ijebu Ode, Sagamu and Ado-Odo/Ota - areas the government considers key for urban development”. When I wrote that anybody who considered Ijebu Ode as an urban city should be shot, you got twisted out of human form.
Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by flexeey: 2:15pm On Mar 27, 2013
Gbawe.:

No one is denying Akpabio has done well but a sense of perspective is always important. It is not a competition. Because most of us are fairly well-off and have access to the net should not mean we demonstrate open egotism by indulging our own perspective and vaingloriously igroring those who matter like the happy OP and other stakeholders who are happy to be seeing progress after many years of stagnation.

Akpabio would have been Governor for 6 years by June 2013. Amosun 2 years by the same period. Do you feel he will not have achieved same or more, in comparison to Akpabio, in the next 4 years? Let us learn to simply appreciate all administrators doing well instead of reducing everything to a competition when the people who matter most , i.e ordinary Nigerians, don't have the luxury of using any State other than that they live in.
btw AKpabio's federal allocation is more than ogun, oyo and ekiti togeda

2 Likes

Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by omoalaafin: 2:17pm On Mar 27, 2013
Paentera:

What about Ifo Local Government?
Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by flexeey: 2:23pm On Mar 27, 2013
Mr. Globe:

I hope you are kidding as usual. If we lump all 'meaningful projects' going on in South West, including Fashola's, it won't even match Governor Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers projects, lets not talk of Akpabio or oshiomole here, fool.
do not even mention fashola, he is not akpabio and amaechi mates in good governance
Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by Paentera(m): 2:39pm On Mar 27, 2013
Dede1:

I call the attention of illegitimate boy (ilugunboy) to the above post. This is from a Yooba peep who stated that “Ijebu Ode, Sagamu and Ado-Odo/Ota - areas the government considers key for urban development”. When I wrote that anybody who considered Ijebu Ode as an urban city should be shot, you got twisted out of human form.

DO NOT TWIST MY post to suit your thoughts or quote me out of context. Urban development is in phases and can be done to expand areas where surge in population has meant the initial infrastructure made for a small area needs to be expanded to accommodate more citizens.

Twisting comments to suit your own twisted thoughts just shows you for who you really are.
Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by Gbawe2: 2:39pm On Mar 27, 2013
flexeey:
btw AKpabio's federal allocation is more than ogun, oyo and ekiti togeda

Correct perspective you highlight. Mind you, your point, even as it is correct, only matter to those who are insecure and see every issue as something to compete over. Perhaps because they are suffering from inferiority complex.

I wish Akwa Ibom folks the best but I don't wish to be in their business or that of any State I have no direct affiliation with. It would be like talking of France all the time while living in the UK, merely because we are all in the EU. I think that would indicate I want to be French or admire the place more than where I live and use.

More productive for me to face, strengthen and optimally develop what I use directly and what matters to me , in immediate and direct relation, while wishing all other Nigerians the best.

Anyone truly happy with himself or focused on his own affair does not go through life obsessed with worthless comparisons. The first give away of insecurity here will be when someone cannot respond to a topic directly and they begin to say "come and see this" and "compare what you are praising to this". Nonsense.
Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by Nobody: 2:44pm On Mar 27, 2013
True..the guy is trying, but he's only facing major cities like abeokuta, ijebu-ode, shagam etc. He should come to smaller towns. Y'all need to come to akute in Ifo local government, you'll almost weep for the bad roads. (akute is not even a small town per se). I'm telling you, a 6month old pregnant woman plying dat road in a commercial vehicle would definitely go into premature labour because of the disastrous pot holes! What the hell?!
Pls come to akute, ifo local government! Thanks
Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by Dede1(m): 2:55pm On Mar 27, 2013
Paentera:

DO NOT TWIST MY post to suit your thoughts or quote me out of context. Urban development is in phases and can be done to expand areas where surge in population has meant the initial infrastructure made for a small area needs to be expanded to accommodate more citizens.

Twisting comments to suit your own twisted thoughts just shows you for who you really are.

Please hold onto your twisted thoughts. Truth must be told regardless who is twisted out of human form because of it. I had been to places such as Abeokuta, Ijebu Ode, Shagamu and Ota as far back as 1978, yet some malnourished jester tried to tell me unfounded crap about these places in a previous thread. I had no intentions to twist a simple truth.
Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by olaife80: 3:19pm On Mar 27, 2013
Paentera:

They wount know dis now wen devil don blindfold them, i think wen he start the New town devlp,lightrail, airport they wil shut up there mouth and see it as massive construction.. Animalistic ppl..wink!!!
Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by emmasege: 3:27pm On Mar 27, 2013
Confirmed, Amosun is working! But pls don't be deceived into believing that only ACN state governors are working. Governors of other parties and zones are also working. And by the way, who says all ACN governors are working. An exemption to this is the deviant governor of osun state. Some civil servants are yet to collect their february salary up till now, and this has been recurrent for the past few months. And why is the guy biting more than he can chew in a year preceding election in osun, pulling down public school buildings with a promise to build new ones. The last time i checked he had demolished several school buildings in my home town, with just only one being re-constructed. It's obvious he cannot re-build all b4 electioneering. Thank God the school owners of some public mission schools disallowed him from touching their structures. And what of his useless O-Yes scheme, that he's used to siphon the state resources and subject the state to indebtedness.
There's nothing special about ACN governors. There are governors in other states/zones whose performance speak volumes for them without this useless propaganda. Pls stop this mediocrity and noise-making.
Gbawe:
Amosun is certainly spending accrual on what it must be spent on. I dey gbadun your pictures ojare. Nonetheless, with your 50,000.00 pictures, you will still get blockheads tell you tomorrow that only Fashola and Oshiomhole are working when, in reality and for anyone who is not mischievous or ignorant, it is very obvious all ACN Governors are performing. I have stopped caring about those negative types because I know their motivation is 'dark'. As long as the citizens of ACN led States, like you, are seeing and confirming progress then that is all that matters.

Personally I think Amosun will seriously transform the State if he can maintain focus and this impressive start. He has even coined a phrase called "the Ogun standard" to demonstrate his commitment to high quality infrastructure.
Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by Gbawe2: 3:34pm On Mar 27, 2013
emmasege: Confirmed, Amosun is working! But pls don't be deceived into believing that only ACN state governors are working. Governors of other parties and zones are also working. And by the way, who says all ACN governors are working. An exemption to this is the deviant governor of osun state. Some civil servants are yet to collect their february salary up till now, and this has been recurrent for the past few months. And why is the guy biting more than he can chew in a year preceding election in osun, pulling down public school buildings with a promise to build new ones. The last time i checked he had demolished several school buildings in my home town, with just only one being re-constructed. It's obvious he cannot re-build all b4 electioneering. Thank God the school owners of some public mission schools disallowed him from touching their structures. And what of his useless O-Yes scheme, that he's used to siphon the state resources and subject the state to indebtedness.
There's nothing special about ACN governors. There are governors in other states/zones whose performance speak volumes for them without this useless propaganda. Pls stop this mediocrity and noise-making.

Look, highlight the effort of the Governors working and stop calling positive discussion, that should really be amongst stakeholders, "propaganda" . It just shows you have issues because no one, least of all me, stops you providing positive performance of your Governor here. I won't do it for you.

I have already explained I keep my eyes focused on what/who matters to me. I am not extrovert like that so please spare me the rant next time. If I praise SW Governors, have I asked you or anyone not to do likewise for your own? Have you ever seen me on Akpabio, Chime or Amaechi thread offering anything but praise or doing the d1ck-comparison crap you are doing here telling me other governors are working? Have I claimed any governor reputed to be working is engaged in "propaganda"? Because I am a secure person, I am happy to hear developmental stories wherever it applies to in Nigeria. Rather ask others, if they have nothing good or positive to contribute, to mind their own business.
Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by olaife80: 3:39pm On Mar 27, 2013
Gbawe:

Bottom line is that information is out there, for those who want it, that shows Amosun is working hard. These threads, if most nairalanders are secure and focused people, should involve mainly stakeholders discussing amiably while criticism should be sensible and developmental in nature not bitter, disgruntled, hateful and downright indicative of neurosis and inferiority-complex.

What, for example, concerns Akpabio with this thread? So the thread is not derailed, I will urge stakeholders , for or against Amosun, to present their utterance/pictures and/or criticism in a positive way, as obtains on other Nigerian forums, and ignore the mischief-makers who are not even from the SW. Genuine stakeholders know what is behind their bitterness. Let progressive-minded folks focus, on this thread, on the plans and good work of the Government or level constructive criticism or identify areas where more can be done.

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/ogun-begins-groundwork-for-ofada-new-town-project/

Good talk Man, critism will even make Amosun to preform more than expectaion. Is a matter of time Ogun state wil get there.
Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by Demdem(m): 3:46pm On Mar 27, 2013
Dede1:

Please hold onto your twisted thoughts. Truth must be told regardless who is twisted out of human form because of it. I had been to places such as Abeokuta, Ijebu Ode, Shagamu and Ota as far back as 1978, yet some malnourished jester tried to tell me unfounded crap about these places in a previous thread. I had no intentions to twist a simple truth.

1978 u said right? Do u expect these places to remain the way they were more than 30yrs ago?
Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by Pataki: 3:46pm On Mar 27, 2013
Mr. Globe:

I hope you are kidding as usual. If we lump all 'meaningful projects' going on in South West, including Fashola's, it won't even match Governor Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers projects, lets not talk of Akpabio or oshiomole here, fool.

You have been shown on countless number of times on this forum to have a vacuous brain and as an unrepentant liar. Only an ediot would spew the nonsense you have just spewed without backing it up with fact.

You are learned but definitely not lettered. You have no moral compass nor any iota of common sense when it comes to political discussion.

Asinine being, did flood not invade your region? Even your scumbag's village and house was not left out.

1 Like

Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by Demdem(m): 3:51pm On Mar 27, 2013
Paentera:

Thanks for ur response. U are the 4th responding to my inquiry. Amosun isn't doing badly.

1 Like

Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by ekoilee: 4:18pm On Mar 27, 2013
Good and sensible governance is not magic, its all about good vision and competency.

Up Ogun.

1 Like

Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by omonnakoda: 4:33pm On Mar 27, 2013
Gbawe.:

Look, highlight the effort of the Governors working and stop calling positive discussion, that should really be amongst stakeholders, "propaganda" . It just shows you have issues because no one, least of all me, stops you providing positive performance of your Governor here. I won't do it for you.

I have already explained I keep my eyes focused on what/who matters to me. I am not extrovert like that so please spare me the rant next time. If I praise SW Governors, have I asked you or anyone not to do likewise for your own? Have you ever seen me on Akpabio, Chime or Amaechi thread offering anything but praise or doing the d1ck-comparison crap you are doing here telling me other governors are working? Have I claimed any governor reputed to be working is engaged in "propaganda"? Because I am a secure person, I am happy to hear developmental stories wherever it applies to in Nigeria. Rather ask others, if they have nothing good or positive to contribute, to mind their own business.

BB1, aka ziga
Ode! He said he is from Osun State! He is not impressed with Aregbesola and believes the ACN propaganda machine is in overdrive. Politics is a competitive business and he is right to compare with other regions whilst looking at prospective replacements for ACN governors. As such it is reasonable to see what other governors of ,significantly,other parties are achieving perhaps he wants some of that in his OSUN. Clearly you did not read his post before spouting your moronic prepackaged response.
Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by Gbawe2: 4:38pm On Mar 27, 2013
omonnakoda:

BB1, aka ziga
Ode! He said he is from Osun State! He is not impressed with Aregbesola and believes the ACN propaganda machine is in overdrive. Politics is a competitive business and he is right to compare with other regions whilst looking at prospective replacements for ACN governors. As such it is reasonable to see what other governors of ,significantly,other parties are achieving perhaps he wants some of that in his OSUN. Clearly you did not read his post before spouting your moronic prepackaged response.

Who are you again?
Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by Crayola1: 4:50pm On Mar 27, 2013
To be fair if the pictures that were posted later in the thread had been first folks may have not been so negative to the thread's title undecided

Its ok work..
Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by omonnakoda: 4:55pm On Mar 27, 2013
Gbawe.:

You will have to say who you are. Too many non-entity stalkers here I have lost count.
you are BB one
Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by ocelot2006(m): 4:58pm On Mar 27, 2013
flexeey:
do not even mention fashola, he is not akpabio and amaechi mates in good governance

Of cousre Fashola is not Akpabio's mate. We all know the later is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay ahead of the former infrastructure wise. In Akwa Ibom, we don't do minor facelifts and repainting. WE BUILD.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

No Confirmation Of Amaechi Unless We Treat Anyanwu Report, PDP Senators / Gbajabiamila Appoints Anayo Nnebe, APGA Member As Aide, APC Fumes / We Intend To Install CCTV On Highways - Buhari Tells South-West Royal Fathers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.