Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,891 members, 7,814,012 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) (21541 Views)

Delta State Set To Experience Massive Construction / Construction Going On At Ariaria Junction By Ukwu Mango Road In Aba / Pictures Of Massive Construction Work In Ogun State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by Kennykenty(m): 12:48pm On Mar 27, 2013
Pataki: As an indigene of Ogun State, and currently in the country, I am most impressed with the good work Amosun is doing.

I was really shocked at how he is working on urban renewal especially in Abeokuta.

I don't know if it is the same for other parts of the state, as I have not been privileged to travel to other parts of the State.

However, there are so much room for improvement in the state esp. in Abeokuta. I hope Okada will be banned soon from the capital once the road expansion across the capital has been completed.

When I go to town today, will take some pictures of demolitions being undertaken for the massive development and face lift of Ogun State.

Let me quickly point out also; I have noticed that in all these developments going on, Amosun NEVER tags his name to it. Unlike during the irresponsible years of PDP/OGD administration in the state. This is what a selfless service is all about.

God bless Ogun State.
. Is like we people of Ogun st. Like to decive ourself. I know youre are paid p.r.o. to the government. Wait till election day and see your photo.
Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by LausDeo(m): 12:52pm On Mar 27, 2013
ameriel pepper: What constrution? Mtcheew!, I live in ogun state ( my mum built her house there). In itele that is after ayetoro, when you pass through ayobo. There's no electricity there for the past 3yrs my mum built her house there, so we her kids have decided to remain in lagos, our state of birth! Pls if you have that AMOSUN 's ear, tell him to send light sharperly to that area! Not surprised @ his name cos I know what it means in ibo language! That area is so poorly developed! Stop praising someone whom has not done anything!
so provision of electricity is nw part of amosun's portfolio?
Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by omoalaafin: 12:52pm On Mar 27, 2013
Ojodu - Denro - Ishashi Road remains a death trap and a vehicle destroyer. Until he rehabiitates that road, he is yet to start doing anything.

1 Like

Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by mensdept: 12:53pm On Mar 27, 2013
Our people have low expectations

1 Like

Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by Pataki: 12:53pm On Mar 27, 2013
Rossikk: I don't understand why on earth we need China to build schools in this country, when we have so many construction firms here. I can understand if it is railways or airports, but schools? That's ridiculous.

I share equally your sentiment. You are very right.

However do you know that even the African Union building was given to a Chinese firm to build? It simply goes to show how we in Africa have totally come to rely heavily on the Asians.

Heck! Even most of the major Nigerian construction firms equally travel to Asia to buy the equipment for use here.
Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by LausDeo(m): 12:55pm On Mar 27, 2013
I'm an indigene of ogun state nd i live in abeokuta. D pictures d op posted may nt b enough 4 u to appreciate wat amosun is doing bt i cn tel u authoritatively dat,compared to wat we used to have,amosun is really trying...
Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by daillest: 1:00pm On Mar 27, 2013
q
Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by mensdept: 1:01pm On Mar 27, 2013
LausDeo: I'm an indigene of ogun state nd i live in abeokuta. D pictures d op posted may nt b enough 4 u to appreciate wat amosun is doing bt i cn tel u authoritatively dat,compared to wat we used to have,amosun is really trying...

Because you are John the Baptist?

Local people can you grow up for once. "He's really trying" my azz
Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by anonimi: 1:02pm On Mar 27, 2013
Pataki:

However do you know that even the African Union building was given to a Chinese firm to build? It simply goes to show how we in Africa have totally come to rely heavily on the Asians.

Heck! Even most of the major Nigerian construction firms equally travel to Asia to buy the equipment for use here.

Thank you for further showing us that you benchmark with the worst performance.
What about the saying Eshin iwaju ni t'eyin nwo sare - The leading horse serves as inspiration to those following?

And what is Amosun doing through education and human resource development to ensure this trend is reveresed in due course as Awolowo did 60 years ago

1 Like

Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by Pataki: 1:03pm On Mar 27, 2013
Kennykenty: . Is like we people of Ogun st. Like to decive ourself. I know youre are paid p.r.o. to the government. Wait till election day and see your photo.

Why not post my photo right now? Sorry to burstyour foolish theory. I am not a paid PRO. I don't live any longer in Nigeria.

I am in Nigeria for some few weeks to conduct my own personal business/research. This involves me traveling across a few SW states. It has nothing to do with government PRO. Do you actually know that of all the SW states I have interacted with, it is only Ogun State that was not forthcoming with the information I came to Nigeria to find out.

This is simply because Amosun is heavily investigating the attrocities committed by the previous administration in regards to this.

If your are an Amosun hater, that is your cup of tea. I am simply pleased that Ogun State is getting an urban facelift. At least in my lifetime!
Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by godsboy4eva: 1:05pm On Mar 27, 2013
This may interest all of you: http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2013/03/26/governor-amosun-ogun-has-borrowed-n26b/ ... He has only borrowed "just 26billion naira" with less than 2 years as the governor of the state.
Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by seunfly: 1:06pm On Mar 27, 2013
Rossikk: I don't understand why on earth we need China to build schools in this country, when we have so many construction firms here. I can understand if it is railways or airports, but schools? That's ridiculous.
I guess that is the problem oil producing countries face, too much money and they have to import peaple to spend it it on. It remind me of Libya that Americans and koreans build houses for them, also UAE, Saudi, Angola, Sudan etc i don't know why but it is common among oil producing nations.
We have to do something about it we are all claiming no job yet the little jobs we are able to generate, we import others to do it.[color=]
I guess that is the problem oil producing countries face, too much money and they have to import peaple to spend it it on. It remind me of Libya that Americans and koreans build houses for them, also UAE, Saudi, Angola, Sudan etc i don't know why but it is common among oil producing nations.
We have to do something about it we are all claiming no job yet the little jobs we are able to generate, we import others to do it.[/color]
We have to do something about it we are all claiming no job yet the little jobs we are able to generate, we import others to do it.
Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by Dede1(m): 1:06pm On Mar 27, 2013
It is very shameful to see that Abeokuta is still in a sorry state. I guess illegitimate boy (Ilugunboy) is watching these posts. If the state capital still looks village-like, Shagamu which has been a livestock market and trailer park can not be regarded as urban.
Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by MrGlobe(m): 1:10pm On Mar 27, 2013
grin grin grin grin
This is hilarious. The true Ogun people are speaking. guess we have to ignore the ACN goons - gbawe and co. I just pity their desperation and frustration. Shout outs to Desola my new friend btw cheesy
Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by debeey87(m): 1:11pm On Mar 27, 2013
That guy called Amosun is only developing Abeokuta. That photo might only be along a single road. I stay in Ado-Odo Otta where he only came with a sign board to tell us road construction will soon start since 2011, up till date, nothing has happened
Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by MrGlobe(m): 1:12pm On Mar 27, 2013
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Gbawe picks race.
Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:13pm On Mar 27, 2013
Dede1: It is very shameful to see that Abeokuta is still in a sorry state. I guess illegitimate boy (Ilugunboy) is watching these posts. If the state capital still looks village-like, Shagamu which has been a livestock market and trailer park can not be regarded as urban.
Biko, show us your own state capital! Didirin oponu aiyerada
Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by seunfly: 1:15pm On Mar 27, 2013
godsboy4eva: This may interest all of you: http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2013/03/26/governor-amosun-ogun-has-borrowed-n26b/ ... He has only borrowed "just 26billion naira" with less than 2 years as the governor of the state.
Althoug we can't use bad to justify doing bad but oyinlola borrowed 18 billion to build stadium that was never built, so if Amosun borrowed 20 billion to build roads the we can see then i will prefer Amoson but he must be accountable and all money borrowed must be used 4 what it is meant 4.
Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by MrGlobe(m): 1:15pm On Mar 27, 2013
django1:
Biko, show us your own state capital! Didirin oponu aiyerada
you mean Owerri? See Owerri and die, apologies to Paris cheesy
Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by antiembezzle: 1:19pm On Mar 27, 2013
Gbawe:

OP has graciously brought his own pictures here and states he is trying to upload more but is having difficulties. Would it be too much, for the sake of having a Political section that is not an arena of feudalism, to ask you guys to do some research yourselves? Ogun state website address has already been provided above. WHy not visit it? Nobody is here to spoon feed others. It should be give and take. I.e you give knowledge and gain knowledge.
are you not a big fraud? What and what are the massive constructions going on there? Why would you lie shamelessly and publicly in the bid to score very cheap political points? If you play partisan politicks in this manner how will you when it's active? Please make a short list of the various massive projects you see in the above pix, for me, i only see,
1)heap of red mud. 2)drainage and slabs used in covering the drainage.
3)a large heap of mortar and gravel. GBAWE! How does this amount to massive projects? Now make your own list, i'm waiting.

4 Likes

Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:26pm On Mar 27, 2013
Mr. Globe:

Post them pictures of owerri now
Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by omoabolade(m): 1:26pm On Mar 27, 2013
Actually, MASSIVE DEVELOPMENT is going on in CERTAIN parts of Ogun state with focus on ABEOKUTA d state capital. But he shd not b vilified for ds, d capital has bin in total disrepair over ten yrs-even my greatt uncle, whom i so much respect because of his nationalistic principles, OBJ did nt repair d damage.If u live in Abeokuta, Ijebu ode, Sagamu, Sango ota or Ifo, u will undestand d need for ds urban renewal.
BUT AT WHAT COST?

I am a civil servant who works in d LG nd can tell u dt d LGs pay d price whc ordinarily shd nt b. Salaries ar paid on d 47th day of d month, dt if nt even 70% salary. D state economy is dry. Ask d average Abk resident nd u will b shocked at d level of hunger-even politicians groan.

GOV IBIWOLE OLONADE AMISU IS WORKIN
THE PEOPLE ARE CRYING.
We really need dse developmnts, bt he shd complete dm ds first term, dray nt b opportunity to repeat d class.
Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by Gbawe2: 1:27pm On Mar 27, 2013
Pataki:

He is not. Local builders who can compete well , delivering optimal quality/pricing balance, will get their fair share of government contracts. I say it as it it and in relation to reality - not out of some misplaced notion of patriotism and molly-cuddling our own thereby miring them in mediocrity. I know a thing or two about built environment and I can tell you that it is one of those areas , if you want the best standard of competitively priced work, you cannot and should not discriminate. In an increasingly global world, with shrinking borders and improving logistic/transport efficacy, government are now free to source the highest quality of work for the most competitive price available.

Our construction firm must challenge and hold their own meritoriously. The governor has not hidden his desire to ensure standard of work is high to aid durability and longevity. I am sure local builders will be considered if they can provide a good compromise of quality work matched with competitive pricing.

1 Like

Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by pat4love: 1:30pm On Mar 27, 2013
I believe some of us do't even understand the word "massive", how can we be esily bought with an akara money?. I live in Ogun state, Sango as per say, run business to Idiroko and I do't even fell the present of Goverment of two and half years. From Songo to Idiroko, to Ota, Ijoko, Owode Idiroko, Owode Ijako nothing, I said nothing is going on. But I can assure ourself that what ever propagander we carry out for any Goverment that is not working today because of Ewa & bread money will surely hot us in future.
Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:30pm On Mar 27, 2013
Mr. Globe:

Are you the same person with dede1??
You must be working like a donkey!!
Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:32pm On Mar 27, 2013
pat4love: I believe some of us do't even understand the word "massive", how can we be esily bought with an akara money?. I live in Ogun state, Sango as per say, run business to Idiroko and I do't even fell the present of Goverment of two and half years. From Songo to Idiroko, to Ota, Ijoko, Owode Idiroko, Owode Ijako nothing, I said nothing is going on. But I can assure ourself that what ever propagander we carry out for any Goverment that is not working today because of Ewa & bread money will surely hot us in future.
Wow!!! shocked
Your English is "internasanar"!

3 Likes

Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:33pm On Mar 27, 2013
Dede1: It is very shameful to see that Abeokuta is still in a sorry state. I guess illegitimate boy (Ilugunboy) is watching these posts. If the state capital still looks village-like, Shagamu which has been a livestock market and trailer park can not be regarded as urban.

You are trolling....
Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:35pm On Mar 27, 2013
pat4love: I believe some of us do't even understand the word "massive", how can we be esily bought with an akara money?. I live in Ogun state, Sango as per say, run business to Idiroko and I do't even fell the present of Goverment of two and half years. From Songo to Idiroko, to Ota, Ijoko, Owode Idiroko, Owode Ijako nothing, I said nothing is going on. But I can assure ourself that what ever propagander we carry out for any Goverment that is not working today because of Ewa & bread money will surely hot us in future.

Who registered you on this forum...? Jezzzzzz shocked shocked

So na you understand what massive mean abi?
Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:36pm On Mar 27, 2013
django1:
Are you the same person with dede1??
You must be working like a donkey!!

No they are different people....but both behaves and acts the same way..
Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by Gbawe2: 1:38pm On Mar 27, 2013

June 2011 to March 2013 is "two and a half years" to you? I can see you are certainly 'objective'.
Re: Massive Construction Going On In Ogun State (Pictures) by 7lives: 1:40pm On Mar 27, 2013
Pataki:

Open a thread about the developments your own state is undertaking and we can then compare notes whether your indolent local government chairman and state governor are in anyway functional.

I have been privileged to live across different states in Nigeria, privileged as well to be exposed to life abroad and I can say Amosun of Ogun State is giving a massive facelift to Ogun State.

Just yesterday night, I stepped out of my house to discuss with a friend. Right in my neighborhood, I saw a police patrol car moving around in my estate. This is in one of the newly donated police vehicles given by the state government to your PDP Federal Police. Safety of lives is gradually being restored in the State.

There is more the development of a State than gutters and roads and Amosun is clearly on the right part to ensuring that. Furthermore, I have noticed that Amosun's government is such that they listen to intellectual critics. So if you have something intellectual upstairs to contribute to the development of Ogun State, please log-on facebook. I can give you the name and personal facebook profile of his Special adviser on media and social networks.

Oyomesi, tell dem make dem hear, nonsensical baboons.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

We Feel we are no longer needed in APC - Aggrieved Speakership Aspirants / "Buhari Has Not Disappointed Me" – Obasanjo Said 4 Months Ago On CNN / Okorocha: 'George Eche My SSG Running For Governor? I'm Not Aware'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.