Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:02 AM

South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? (32491 Views)

We Will Arrest More Influential Nigerians In The Coming Weeks — EFCC Chairman / Saraki tells 3 Ex-Presidents, Influential Nigerians To Come To His Rescue-Nation / Xenophobia: South Africa Vs One Nigeria.[photo][viewer discretion] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by fashizie(m): 11:35am On Apr 04, 2013
souldust: @toskarity i think you are misinformed about issues in Nigeria. Contrary to your view, most nigerians have food to eat. You probably based your point on the idea that we all live below a dolar per day. But let me let you know that in the urban centres, fewer people live below a dollar per day and in rural areas, one dollar can buy you three sqaure meals.

If we are that poor as you have claimed, why then are consumer companies making more profit here in Naija than in any other country? Dont tell me it is our population. Becos population doesnt buy comodities. It is money we use to secure goods and services

so if companies are making more profit here in Naija, then it is becos we have more people who can afford those comodities than anywhere else on the continent.

Dude you are the 1 dats so uninformed....reasonings like dis makes niaja a sham n d politicians bask in stpid pretence...people are suffering n dere is infrastural decay.dats the reality on ground.

1 Like

Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by omonnakoda: 11:37am On Apr 04, 2013
phecs: South africa is more than nigeria in all angle!1st economical aspect 1rand is 18 naira.infrastructral development is bein seen everywhr!politically wise healthy opposition exist there between d ANC and DA!security wise(no bokko harram problem)educational abt 60percent there student has bursary!what comparism do u want again
Why not just read what others have to say. Must you comment even if you have NOTHING of value to add.

1 Like

Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by kandiikane(m): 11:37am On Apr 04, 2013
Who is nigeria and what is SA? undecided

Mtcheeeeeeeeew! A fly inside a cesspit asking whether it smells nice.

2 Likes

Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by RedLight1: 11:41am On Apr 04, 2013
fashizie:

Dude you are the 1 dats so uninformed....reasonings like dis makes niaja a sham n d politicians bask in stpid pretence...people are suffering n dere is infrastural decay.dats the reality on ground.
so how is he uniformed ? becos he didnt reason like u huh? thinking the whole country eat like dogs ...live under 150naira a day? why cant u counter his post in reasonable manner and lets analyze it together
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by RedLight1: 11:42am On Apr 04, 2013
omonnakoda:
Why not just read what others have to say. Must you comment even if you have NOTHING of value to add.
abi o
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by Nobody: 11:48am On Apr 04, 2013
All i've got to say is that the two countries are above par
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by Odunharry(m): 11:51am On Apr 04, 2013
achi4u: SA is more infrasturally and economically influencial to the world than nigeria in all spheres except military power which is based on large population.
If only there's relatively peace in nigeria without hatred,nepotism,tribalism,ethinicity and of recent terrorism this country would've been a force to be reckon with.

Some section(s) of this country is a drawback to other sections making it very difficult to devlop randomly.

Before you counter my argument...consider:

Eletricity

Roads

Tourism

Entertaiment

Education

Healthy politic

Sports
et al
gbam
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by nig2change: 11:55am On Apr 04, 2013
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by ewet: 12:00pm On Apr 04, 2013
SA is obviously the no 1 economy on the continent and it tops the list as an emerging market economy.Its a member of BRICS countries tht try to find an alternative to the overbearing influence of the first world countries.This is a country tht has gotten its priorities right and has a much more efficient foreign policy.Naija on the other hand is a country tht enjoys doin the macaba dance with no purpose,every thng is wrong with this country and a country tht cannot put its house in order,hw do you expect it to be respected abroad.Naija is a laffing stock and evry1 including Benin Rep and evn miniscule Togo will always be willing to take a swipe at us anytime thy get the chance.
No thanks to our purposeless govt with no sense of direction.

4 Likes

Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by Rossikk(m): 12:02pm On Apr 04, 2013
Lanrefahm: south africa is far better dan naija. dis is a silly question. is just like comparing messi with obafemi martins or comparing BH to MASSOB comparing wole soyinka to chinua achebe.

abeg abeg dey no fit compare
Olodo. So all the years you went to school, you still cannot understand and answer a very simple question according to how it was asked you? Shame on you and your parents.
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by naptu2: 12:03pm On Apr 04, 2013
grin some are mixing up the questions "which is more influential" and "which is better".

An example of influence. In the mid 2000s I listened to a BBC radio programme in which their Uganda correspondent said that kids in Uganda were trying to speak with a Nigerian accent in order to imitate their nollywood stars. That's influence.

However, the question of whether there's 24 hours electricity or 2 hours electricity a day in Lagos has no effect on the life of the everyday man on the streets of Freetown, Sierra Leone.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by Nobody: 12:05pm On Apr 04, 2013
SA is more influential, many africans have managed to seek better lives in SA...well and some haven't. The universities give a better quality of education recognised widely all over the world...Madiba infuenced ideas of democracy and equality, which are now being recognised in other african countries and he also had great infuence in decolonisation in africa along with other african leaders. The SA govt attempts to meet the interest of its own people as much as they can e.g quality education for all, quality services, gender equality, freedom of expression.

They give the opportunity for their youth to become better leaders and to learn to make wiser and better choices in life.
The SA Constitution is not only for the benefit of its own people, but everyone that resides within SA, where the values of human dignity, equality and freedom are of vital importance

1 Like

Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by Rossikk(m): 12:06pm On Apr 04, 2013
Larry-Sun:
And why do many Nigerians board the next planes to South Africa...influential my rectum.
You're brainless. India and China must have less influence than South Africa since their nationals board planes to that country more than anyone else. Dunce.

1 Like

Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by Dee60: 12:06pm On Apr 04, 2013
Stupid comparison. We like to glory in the past in this country. The only time we are influential anywhere is when they want to share our oil. Outside Oil, no one has ears for us.

Wake up people! Our country has been crippled by corrupt and inept leadership. The country is like a patient in EMERGENCY ward and we are still talking influence. What influence or power do you have when you are lying down as a patient in emergency ward, more so, when one of your doctors that will treat you is a country called South Africa?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by Rossikk(m): 12:06pm On Apr 04, 2013
Larry-Sun:
And why do many Nigerians board the next planes to South Africa...influential my rectum.
You're brainless. India and China must have less influence than South Africa since their nationals board planes to that country more than anyone else. Dummy dum dum.
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by Rossikk(m): 12:09pm On Apr 04, 2013
Dee60: Stupid comparison. We like to glory in the past in this country. The only time we are influential anywhere is when they want to share our oil. Outside Oil, no one has ears for us.

Wake up people! Our country has been crippled by corrupt and inept leadership. The country is like a patient in EMERGENCY ward and we are still talking influence. What influence or power do you have when you are lying down as a patient in emergency ward, more so, when one of your doctors that will treat you is a country called South Africa?
You need to get off you ogogoro and go and learn about Nigeria being the word's foremost investment destination, with GDP shooting through the roof as investment in telecoms, power, retail, banking, and agric draw interested parties from around the world. Illiterate bum scratcher.
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by ewet: 12:09pm On Apr 04, 2013
souldust: ok let me be a bit more specific.
When i said infuence, i mean cultural influence which include the presence of your material and non material culture in other countries, political influence which includes having a hand in other country's poitical land scape, economic influence which is not only how big and developed your economy is but also how connected other countries economy is to yours so that when there is say...a closing of the border or austerity measure, the other countries are affected. And last of all, military influence which is not just the number of your service men or the number of the big weapons you have, but how strategically important your military is in the peace and security of the continent
1. Culturally SA is more recognised,the Zulu and afrikaans language is beta recognised ahead of any nigerian language and this is due mainly to SA's tourism potentials.with tourism you can easily sell your culture and naija is no where near SA on this.

2.SA is SADC and SADC is all abt SA.thr is no other voice in tht regional economic bloc than 1 country thts SA,The emerging economies of Brazil,Russia,India,China and South Africa form B.R.I.C.S and this an economic bloc to reckon with in world politics.The time naija had absolute influence in ECOWAS or Africa in general is long gone.and our influence has been drastically reduced.

3. SA definately has more economic influence.

4.SA definitely has a much more advanced military.

2 Likes

Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by jidewin(m): 12:11pm On Apr 04, 2013
souldust: i want good analysis pls. Not sentiments based on blind patriotism, share ignorance, self hate and fraustration.

I am asking this question because reading so many articles on different websites lately, i have come to see that people of these two countries believe that they are the most powerful country on the continent and as such, should be the mouth piece of the continent. While this mentality has declined greatly among Nigerians, it is growing among South Africans.
grin grin You like taunting South Africans on this forum.Soon this thread will derail to "who is better than who".My contribution South African hold sway in SADC region, While Nigeria does same in WEST Africa.No more no less.
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by naptu2: 12:12pm On Apr 04, 2013
Is it impossible to have a debate devoid of insults
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by kandiikane(m): 12:13pm On Apr 04, 2013
Rossikk: You need to get off you ogogoro and go and learn about Nigeria being the word's foremost investment destination, with GDP shooting through the roof as investment in telecoms, power, retail, banking, and agric draw interested parties from around the world. Illiterate bum scratcher.

Is that so? With all this and majority of the population live in poverty? It's like going out, praising and patting yourself for feeding homeless people whilst your family is at home dying one by one from starvation.

1 Like

Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by EzePromoe: 12:14pm On Apr 04, 2013
For the second time, "who's more influential" not "who's better than" , South Africa may be better than (arguable though) but Nigeria is more influential (unarguable). All aspect of Nigeria tends to influence all other African countries.
Example, Africa Magic which is viewed by all Africans and owned by South Africans looks like "Nigeria Magic", i'm talking of Nollywood now.
Africans are proud that they are able to produce rivals of other hit movie industries like Hollywood and Bollywood, but today Nollywood has overtaken Hollywood in quantity of movies produced per year, and is coming second in the world now after Bollywood.
I happen to watch MUVI TV in my decoder, which is a Zambian TV station, but you'll hardly note that because of its Nigerian movie content.

What of music, Nigerian artistes hang around with the world's biggest artiste today e.g Wizkid who taught Chris Brown how to dance Azonto hence making Chris Brown give the credit to Nigeria instead of Ghana where the dance originated from, you hear of Akon, Rick Ross & P-Square, Davido & Akon, 2face and R-Kelly. Do you ask yourself, what makes these high calibre artistes find Nigerian artiste worthy to hang out with.

In Military, Nigeria has been able to support countries like Mali, Liberia, Sierra Leone, Togo, Burkina Faso and even this same South Africa that are comparing themselves to Nigeria.

I won't say further until the need to do so.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by olajide8(m): 12:14pm On Apr 04, 2013
Sometimes I think about it myself
1. Power- S.A has power nigeria is struggling with it
2.Security- nigeria is better its just the level of in discipline in the NPF compared to their south african counter parts
3. Corruption is openly brazen in the nigerian system S.A they still have a bit of shame
4. Nigeria gained independence b4 south africa *i think*
5. Nigeria has a larger population when compared to S.A which makes us a good market for products that's why shoprite is in nigeria for our girls to go and take pictures at *LOL*
6. Life can be started easily in south africa, in nigeria nah herculean task.
7. Level of education when compared against each other nigeria (0) S.A (10) practically oriented.
8.Tourism nigeria is below par S.A is way better and neater.
9. Intelligence nigerian's get brain S.A they are using their brains to walk aand they don't have manners a majority of them are rude.
10.Accommodation - nigerian's are more accommodating, S.A are very hostile.
11. Small arms are all over S.A, nigeria nah only thief and official armed robbers *govt officials* dey carry gun
12. The judicial system in S.A is better then that of nigeria
The list is getting longer, I guess these are the antecedents that determine who is more influential, no be for mouth O!
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by lildray(m): 12:14pm On Apr 04, 2013
the influence nigeria has in africa can never be compared with any african country. South africa is only more developed than nigeria but not more influencial.

1 Like

Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by LarrySun(m): 12:15pm On Apr 04, 2013
Rossikk: You're brainless. India and China must have less influence than South Africa since their nationals board planes to that country more than anyone else. Dunce.
You shouldn't be nasty about this. Everyone has his own opinion, I only aired mine. I'm not one to engage in vile dispositions, please, do not insult me again. Just give your points. I'm sure you're a matured guy. Truce?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by naptu2: 12:16pm On Apr 04, 2013
Eze Promoe: For the second time, "who's more influential" not "who's better than" , South Africa may be better than (arguable though) but Nigeria is more influential (unarguable). All aspect of Nigeria tends to influence all other African countries.
Example, Africa Magic which is viewed by all Africans and owned by South Africans looks like "Nigeria Magic", i'm talking of Nollywood now.
Africans are proud that they are able to produce rivals of other hit movie industries like Hollywood and Bollywood, but today Nollywood has overtaken Hollywood in quantity of movies produced per year, and is coming second in the world now after Bollywood.
I happen to watch MUVI TV in my decoder, which is a Zambian TV station, but you'll hardly note that because of its Nigerian movie content.

What of music, Nigerian artistes hang around with the world's biggest artiste today e.g Wizkid who taught Chris Brown how to dance Azonto hence making Chris Brown give the credit to Nigeria instead of Ghana where the dance originated from, you hear of Akon, Rick Ross & P-Square, Davido & Akon, 2face and R-Kelly. Do you ask yourself, what makes these high calibre artistes find Nigerian artiste worthy to hang out with.

In Military, Nigeria has been able to support countries like Mali, Liberia, Sierra Leone, Togo, Burkina Faso and even this same South Africa that are comparing themselves to Nigeria.

I won't say further until the need to do so.

+100

1 Like

Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by Rossikk(m): 12:19pm On Apr 04, 2013
Larry-Sun:

You shouldn't be nasty about this. Everyone has his own opinion, I only aired mine. I'm not one to engage in vile dispositions, please, do not insult me again. Just give your points. I'm sure you're a matured guy. Truce?
Then don't say spiteful stuff like "influential my rectum". Respect the country if you want to be respected.

1 Like

Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by EDDYIYKE(m): 12:21pm On Apr 04, 2013
phecs: South africa is more than nigeria in all angle!1st economical aspect 1rand is 18 naira.infrastructral development is bein seen everywhr!politically wise healthy opposition exist there between d ANC and DA!security wise(no bokko harram problem)educational abt 60percent there student has bursary!what comparism do u want again
what about militarywise, what happened to SA soldiers at CAR?
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by 360command: 12:22pm On Apr 04, 2013
As the OP titled on his topic 'South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa' ? in pidgin English ,it means 'na which of d 2 countries get mouth for Africa' .

Now, its no more news that when South Africa is called out, every African we look at the country as a well developed country unlike any other african country(all thanks to the 10% white populace in the country - no pun intended).

When it comes to any african summit, rendezvous or aid, Nigeria get mouth(Nigeria is more influential ). Nigeria has dominion over south Africa ,there is no explanation to it ,but all i can say is due to the aid Nigeria has done for some african countries in the past and till today.

I can give international example to justify what i am saying. its like Egypt who are seen as influential among other Arab countries. if any Arabian country are having issues with the west or Israel, Egypt comes in to negotiate or provides aid. So, its not like Egypt is the best country among the arab countries but its just that the country has a 'say' when it comes to globalization.
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by Rossikk(m): 12:23pm On Apr 04, 2013
olajide_07: Sometimes I think about it myself
1. Power- S.A has power nigeria is struggling with it
2.Security- nigeria is better its just the level of in discipline in the NPF compared to their south african counter parts
3. Corruption is openly brazen in the nigerian system S.A they still have a bit of shame
4. Nigeria gained independence b4 south africa *i think*
5. Nigeria has a larger population when compared to S.A which makes us a good market for products that's why shoprite is in nigeria for our girls to go and take pictures at *LOL*
6. Life can be started easily in south africa, in nigeria nah herculean task.
7. Level of education when compared against each other nigeria (0) S.A (10) practically oriented.
8.Tourism nigeria is below par S.A is way better and neater.
9. Intelligence nigerian's get brain S.A they are using their brains to walk aand they don't have manners a majority of them are rude.
10.Accommodation - nigerian's are more accommodating, S.A are very hostile.
11. Small arms are all over S.A, nigeria nah only thief and official armed robbers *govt officials* dey carry gun
12. The judicial system in S.A is better then that of nigeria
The list is getting longer, I guess these are the antecedents that determine who is more influential, no be for mouth O!
Not one single point you mentioned here has anything to do with the op's question.

1 Like

Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by ROYALD(m): 12:27pm On Apr 04, 2013
Nigeria is the most influential than any other African nation not just but black race
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by Gerrard12(m): 12:29pm On Apr 04, 2013
@ miss raissa....from ur answer...it shows ur even confused on what influence means...get ur dictionary.
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by PeterKbaba: 12:30pm On Apr 04, 2013

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Edo Declares Public Holiday To Celebrate Buhari / Senate Officially Confirms Rejecting Magu As EFCC Boss / APC Governors Exchange Heated Words Over Oshiomole At Meeting With Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.