Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,705 members, 7,816,889 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:32 PM

South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? (32514 Views)

We Will Arrest More Influential Nigerians In The Coming Weeks — EFCC Chairman / Saraki tells 3 Ex-Presidents, Influential Nigerians To Come To His Rescue-Nation / Xenophobia: South Africa Vs One Nigeria.[photo][viewer discretion] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by Nobody: 1:34pm On Apr 04, 2013
mondi_cheeks: I pretty sure I stated that, but I guess I have to point it out again for those that don't catch up quickly smiley

•like I said Nelson Mandela's influence in decolonisation in Africa

•the 1994 interim Constitution of SA which introduce democracy and equality for all, which most african countries are now incorporating in their on legal systems

•an opportunity for other africans to live a better life in SA

•quality education and better medical service provided for all...including those who ilegally entered the Republic and fraudulenty obtained citizenship smiley
Influence in decolonization (in africa) Seriously? how did mandela influenced nigeria or any other african country? You have no point.. FYI: i'm living an awesome life in nigeria

1 Like

Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by GalaxyNoteII: 1:34pm On Apr 04, 2013
Nigeria.

More recognizable intellectually.

2 Likes

Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by naptu2: 1:35pm On Apr 04, 2013
In 2008 NewsWeek magazine listed Enoch Adeboye as one of the 50 most influential people in the world.
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by RedLight1: 1:36pm On Apr 04, 2013
Rossikk: Then don't say spiteful stuff like "influential my rectum". Respect the country if you want to be respected.
gbammmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by Nobody: 1:38pm On Apr 04, 2013
Larry-Sun:

I'd love to hear you explanation about that. Please don't tell me it's because they created Azonto grin
Kwame Nkrukumah...influence in the formation of the OAU now known as AU...he contributed a great deal to the unity African countries have formed...not all obviously...but still his great efforts are still being recognized by some African countries on the 25th of May. That's one example
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by ddeola: 1:39pm On Apr 04, 2013
Nigeria remains the most influential African country. The day we deal with corruption,Nija will be better than US,UK and the lkes

1 Like

Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by Nobody: 1:40pm On Apr 04, 2013
sheyie2007:
Influence in decolonization (in africa) Seriously? how did mandela influenced nigeria or any other african country? You have no point.. FYI: i'm living an awesome life in nigeria
well if u bunked history lessons in high school and primary school ( or if u received quality education at all) you wouldnt know smiley
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by RedLight1: 1:42pm On Apr 04, 2013
mondi_cheeks: I pretty sure I stated that, but I guess I have to point it out again for those that don't catch up quickly smiley

•like I said Nelson Mandela's influence in decolonisation in Africa

•the 1994 interim Constitution of SA which introduce democracy and equality for all, which most african countries are now incorporating in their on legal systems

•an opportunity for other africans to live a better life in SA

•quality education and better medical service provided for all...including those who ilegally entered the Republic and fraudulenty obtained citizenship smiley
lmao
so how are these things major points

do u know how many nigeriens, chadians, toglosese, benin, gaynians, ivorians living in nigeria...even most of them entereed the country illegally... no one cares if not for the recent terrorism problem ..no one woulda care

they lead the life nigerians are living

by the way nigeria has contributed more to put africans on world map than any african country ....

any infrastructure in south africa is for south-africans and those living in south africa ... so u really dont have any point

2 Likes

Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by Nobody: 1:43pm On Apr 04, 2013
mondi_cheeks: well if u bunked history lessons in high school and primary school you would know smiley
Let me educate you, Nigeria, Zimbabwe, other southern african countries helped south africa in the decolonization process.. we contributed cash, other countries contributed soldiers.. I admire mandela's courage though(probably the sort of influence you're referring to).. but personally i think he's over-rated ..

6 Likes

Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by Aliyu333: 1:43pm On Apr 04, 2013
Lanrefahm: south africa is far better dan naija. dis is a silly question. is just like comparing messi with obafemi martins or comparing BH to MASSOB comparing wole soyinka to chinua achebe.

abeg abeg dey no fit compare
medication medication medication....kinda confused did the poster said better or influencial? *omo mozambique*
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by RedLight1: 1:43pm On Apr 04, 2013
mondi_cheeks: Kwame Nkrukumah...influence in the formation of the OAU now known as AU...he contributed a great deal to the unity African countries have formed...not all obviously...but still his great efforts are still being recognized by some African countries on the 25th of May. That's one example
lol is that all u got? i thought u gonna list more than that grin
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Apr 04, 2013
mondi_cheeks: Kwame Nkrukumah...influence in the formation of the OAU now known as AU...he contributed a great deal to the unity African countries have formed...not all obviously...but still his great efforts are still being recognized by some African countries on the 25th of May. That's one example
so this is the result of the much hyped south african education system SMH .. on other thread a south african said mbeki formed OAU ..hahahhah.... Nigeria is behind the force that shaped OAU.. go figure!
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by Nobody: 1:46pm On Apr 04, 2013
Red-Light:
lmao
so how are these things major points

do u know how many nigeriens, chadians, toglosese, benin, gaynians, ivorians living in nigeria...even most of them entereed the country illegally... no one cares if not for the recent terrorism problem ..no one woulda care
and the same still have their children going to free schools in South Africa for a decent education... Or do u expect South Africa to reward adults for breaking their law too?
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by gst101: 1:47pm On Apr 04, 2013
mondi_cheeks: please explain how movies wit titles like "rihanna vs beyonce" have more influence in africa or the world as a whole undecided ...how is lacking originality more influential? I'm intrigued
beloved, you cannot judge a movie industry by just one film otherwise we would rubbish hollywood and bollywood.

Nollywood does not lack in originality. Infact, it is more original than many movies from other parts of Africa.

I remember on the BBC's defunct africa have your say programme when Zach Orji said when they were concieving Nollywood, they were just looking for what Africans can see and relate to and not all the technologies being displayed in shooting and kung fu you see in hollywood. So nollywood told the story of black people the way it is. No wonder it is so popular among Africans. That is originality!

6 Likes

Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by gst101: 1:50pm On Apr 04, 2013
mondi_cheeks: please explain how movies wit titles like "rihanna vs beyonce" have more influence in africa or the world as a whole undecided ...how is lacking originality more influential? I'm intrigued
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by LarrySun(m): 1:51pm On Apr 04, 2013
One indeed.
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by HezronLorraine(m): 1:51pm On Apr 04, 2013
SA vs Nigeria:as a nigerian.the battle of most influencial,I'll say it goes to Nigeria.south african history as an african frontier or power nation still traces back to Nigeria's strong support for the liberation of black south african during the apartheid regime.Nigeria gave its all by making its foreign policy an open gate to champion south africa's rise in africa.the economic strenght of sa surpasses that of nigeria but that doesn't make her influential on every economic course in africa,why.take a look,the level of development in sa is nothing compared to what is presently available in nigeria.but proposed developments in Nigeria is a centre of attraction to the world.Nigeria contested tightly for the world bank presidency race unchallenged by any other african gaining support and backing for the seat.Nigeria has a high rate of FDI and currently a non-aligned enviable bilateral relations with countries all around the world.africa's richest man and woman are Nigerians.economic influnce isn't reliant on success or stability of a country but on the impact it has.Nigeria's big brother status is ever ringing and her participation in the democracy of less priviledged,under-developed and developing african nations has got her international reckoning and supremacy on the continent.Nigeria's voice comes first and has more strength than sa in africa.this is championed in the african union,ecowas and other platforms.Nigeria is still a first pick for a Permanent seat in UNSC.our current security instability notwithstanding isn't a detterring factor for the seat.with the current state of jona's mistake.the reception he would get in the uk would still be more welcoming than that of jacob zuma.Nigeria represents the true africa of struggles and survival not a south african society that depended on the masterplan of previous white supremacists.Nigeria is the true african mouthpiece and the soon to be african superpower.Migeria is more influential than Sa in all ramifications.

3 Likes

Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by Nobody: 1:51pm On Apr 04, 2013
mondi_cheeks: and the same still have their children going to free schools in South Africa for a decent education... Or do u expect South Africa to reward adults for breaking their law too?
free? shocked
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Apr 04, 2013
As a ghanaian the most influencial economic wise is SA culture wise definetly nigeria

1 Like

Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by RedLight1: 1:54pm On Apr 04, 2013
mondi_cheeks: and the same still have their children going to free schools in South Africa for a decent education... Or do u expect South Africa to reward adults for breaking their law too?
lol so are u saying those countries can travel to south africa without visa and enjoy free education angry

even other south african countries (the neighbours) cannot enter south africa freely unlike nigeria that is still major player in ecowas

dey their dey deceive yourself
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by RedLight1: 1:54pm On Apr 04, 2013
sheyie2007: free? shocked
e suprise me eh grin grin
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by Nobody: 1:54pm On Apr 04, 2013
sheyie2007: free? shocked
yes there are SOME free schools that are in South Africa....flocked by foreigners too. Please answer me, is everyone suppose reward adults that break their law?
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by gst101: 1:55pm On Apr 04, 2013
sheyie2007:
the lady hardly know anything about Nigeria and the rest of Africa. I dont blame them cos i can understand why. They are just joing the rest of the continent in '94 so they think thats when Africa started.

Truth is, when africa was gaining independence SA was still struggling. So there is no way they could have helped decolonize the continent
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by dolphinife: 1:56pm On Apr 04, 2013
whenever you mention INFLUENTIAL, it means having influence over people and often affects their actions and behaviour.
During the apartheid rule in SA, NIgeria single-handedly fought the white supremacist by supporting ANC financially and physically. Nigeria with her mights, pressurised the international communities, the UNO, EU, WORLD POWERS to endorse Nigeria's committments in SA. That is INFLUENCE.
In west africa sub-region, Nigeria with Eyadema of Togo formed the ECOWAS and take up 80% of the financial responsibilities. Whenever Nigeria closes her border, CHAD, MALI, SUDAN, BENIN, GHANA, CAMEROON,ect catches cold. That is ECONOMIC INFLUENCE
In terms of peace keeping mission, Nigeria is the 5th in the world by contributing human and financial resources in war torn countries. That is MILITARY INFLUENCE
Every year in Nigeria's budget, Nigeria do assist some countries financially by dolling out material and financial assistance to them. Countries like Benin Rep, Gambia, Sudan, Mali, Niger Rep,etc has enjoyed massive assistance from Nigeria in one way or the other.
Tons of Nigerian businessmen has Business interests cut across Africa and the world. Like it or leave it, with overwhelming evidences that abound, Nigeria is much more recognised in Africa than any Country put togethr

1 Like

Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by Nobody: 1:56pm On Apr 04, 2013
Red-Light:
lol so are u saying those countries can travel to south africa without visa and enjoy free education angry

even other south african countries (the neighbours) cannot enter south africa freely unlike nigeria that is still major player in ecowas

dey their dey deceive yourself
u haven't been to the schools, I on the other hand have visited schools like that. I know what I'm talking about
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by Nobody: 1:58pm On Apr 04, 2013
mondi_cheeks: yes there are SOME free schools that are in South Africa....flocked by foreigners too. Please answer me, is everyone suppose reward adults that break their law?
been to SA dear, you're prolly talking about schools in the locations.. West Africans are concentrated in pretoria/joburg and to the best of my knowledge they pay!
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by RedLight1: 2:02pm On Apr 04, 2013
mondi_cheeks: u haven't been to the schools, I on the other hand have visited schools like that. I know what I'm talking about
u still havent answered the question ... how easy is it for the neigbours to enter south africa to enjoy these ur delusional free schools? smiley
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by ckkris: 2:05pm On Apr 04, 2013
sheyie2007:

Nelson Mandela was hid by Nnamdi Azikeliwe for up 6months in Eastern Nigeria, Kenneth Kaunda was coming and going.
Let the charlatans mention others.
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by RedLight1: 2:06pm On Apr 04, 2013
Hezron Lorraine: SA vs Nigeria:as a nigerian.the battle of most influencial,I'll say it goes to Nigeria.south african history as an african frontier or power nation still traces back to Nigeria's strong support for the liberation of black south african during the apartheid regime.

point 1. Nigeria gave its all by making its foreign policy an open gate to champion south africa's rise in africa.the economic strenght of sa surpasses that of nigeria but that doesn't make her influential on every economic course in africa,why.take a look,the level of development in sa is nothing compared to what is presently available in nigeria.but proposed developments in Nigeria is a centre of attraction to the world.

point 2. Nigeria contested tightly for the world bank presidency race unchallenged by any other african gaining support and backing for the seat.

point 3.Nigeria has a high rate of FDI and currently a non-aligned enviable bilateral relations with countries all around the world.

point 4. africa's richest man and woman are Nigerians.economic influnce isn't reliant on success or stability of a country but on the impact it has.

point 5. it has.Nigeria's big brother status is ever ringing and her participation in the democracy of less priviledged,under-developed and developing african nations has got her international reckoning and supremacy on the continent.

point 6. Nigeria's voice comes first and has more strength than sa in africa.this is championed in the african union,ecowas and other platforms.

point 7.. Nigeria is still a first pick for a Permanent seat in UNSC.our current security instability notwithstanding isn't a detterring factor for the seat.with the current state of jona's mistake

point 8. the reception he would get in the uk would still be more welcoming than that of jacob zuma.

point 9. Nigeria represents the true africa of struggles and survival not a south african society that depended on the masterplan of previous white supremacists.

point 10..Nigeria is the true african mouthpiece and the soon to be african superpower.Migeria is more influential than Sa in all ramifications.
nice one there bro

now mondi cheeck ...can u displace this facts? smiley
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by Nobody: 2:07pm On Apr 04, 2013
Red-Light:
u still havent answered the question ... how easy is it for the neigbours to enter south africa to enjoy these ur delusional free schools? smiley
Lesotho, zimbabwe, mozambique have been able to do so, I have a friend from Lesotho who went to a primary school in South Africa for free... My cousin has neighbors from Malawi who sent their children to a free school on South Africa
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by misterh(m): 2:08pm On Apr 04, 2013
naptu2:

I agree with most of what you wrote, apart from the AU part. Dr. Nkosazana Dlamini Zuma (Jacob Zuma's ex-wife) is the current Chairperson of the AU Commission, despite Nigeria's strong opposition to her candidacy.
Ok. Didn't know. Thanks, bud!
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by gst101: 2:09pm On Apr 04, 2013
mondi_cheeks: yes there are SOME free schools that are in South Africa....flocked by foreigners too. Please answer me, is everyone suppose reward adults that break their law?
my dear, the Lagos state govt operates a policy of free education for all people resident in lagos from primary to secondary level. They also pay their WAEC fee and gives them free text books to take home. These people include people from other country that live here illegally. They cross the border, get what they want for free and go back.

The state govt also gives free maternal health care to nursing and pregnant mothers. They also enjoy some benefits from public BRT buses cant remember what that benefit is now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

ENUGU MASSACRE: Northern Govs Under Fire… For Defending Fulani / Ambode sacks 57 LG Executive Secretaries / Alex Otti Declares For Abia Governorship Seat (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.