Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,886 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:26 PM

South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? (32513 Views)

We Will Arrest More Influential Nigerians In The Coming Weeks — EFCC Chairman / Saraki tells 3 Ex-Presidents, Influential Nigerians To Come To His Rescue-Nation / Xenophobia: South Africa Vs One Nigeria.[photo][viewer discretion] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by olajide8(m): 2:40pm On Apr 04, 2013
Rossikk: Not one single point you mentioned here has anything to do with the op's question.
Influence is not just derived from swag its derived from a number of variables, and yes since the question was a blanket one a blanket answer would be best provided if the question was in international relations who has the most influence then Nigeria, in sports who hs the most influence Nigeria, military poweress who has the most influence, but if he had asked the question about who had the most power economically its S.A, and every one should have a right to subjective responses based on his/her understanding of the comparism.
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by RedLight1: 2:40pm On Apr 04, 2013
shaun1:

Hi disagree with you, i am a nigerian living in south africa. i have never seen the level of hunger i see in south africa in nigeria. i usually see the less privileged here eating from the dust-bin.
also, if you must know, SA has the one of the worst gap between the rich and poor, thats why there is high crime rate.
yep that why they killed my very own lucky dube becos of just a car sad
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Apr 04, 2013
Koolking: Forget all these sensational journalisms about South Africa, Nigeria is more influential than South Africa. Nigeria is very strategic in economic and political life in Africa and the world. Human Development Index ranking of African countries justifies Nigeria influence in Africa. This is not an issue to be debated. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_African_countries_by_Human_Development_Index
Human Development Index is a comparative measure of life expectancy, literacy, education, and standards of living for countries worldwide. It is a standard means of measuring well-being. It is used to distinguish whether the country is a developed, developing, or underdeveloped country, and also to measure the impact of economic policies on quality of life.

Very High Human Development
Rank Country HDI World rank
1 Nigeria 0.806 46
High Human Development
2 Libya 0.755 53
3 Mauritius 0.701 72
4 Tunisia 0.683 81
5 Algeria 0.677 84
Medium Human Development
6 Gabon 0.648 93
7 Botswana 0.633 98
8 Egypt 0.620 101
9 Namibia 0.606 105
10 South Africa 0.597 110

source http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_African_countries_by_Human_Development_Index
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by naptu2: 2:41pm On Apr 04, 2013
Even nairaland acts as a tool with which Nigeria's influence in Africa increases. During Big Brother I heard Meryl (from Namibia) tell Lerato (from South Africa) about nairaland (the site where she goes to get the latest info about music, etc).
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by RedLight1: 2:43pm On Apr 04, 2013
naptu2: Even nairaland acts as a tool with which Nigeria's influence in Africa increases. During Big Brother I heard Meryl (from Namibia) tell Lerato (from South Africa) about nairaland (the site where she goes to get the latest info about music, etc).
abi now .... no forum is as big and popular as nairaland in africa #fact
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Apr 04, 2013
MEILYN:
thought dey said SOUTH AFRICANS re more Educated? y is dis1 different? U talk like a Kenyan
they have a better education system and that's true, and if u associate yourself with South Africans that are actually educated ( not the school drops some Nigerians guy pick up in taverns to marry) you will know that it's true. I associate myself with other law, medical, political science, education students and yes I can agree that they are more educated. I also go for discussions with South African social rights activists like Desmond Tutu, human rights activists like Jay Naidoo and I can safely agree that there is quite a good number that are well educated smiley
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by RedLight1: 2:45pm On Apr 04, 2013
mondi_cheeks: they have a better education system and that's true, and if u associate yourself with South Africans that are actually educated ( not the school drops some Nigerians guy pick up in taverns to marry) you will know that it's true. I associate myself with other law, medical, political science students and yes I can agree that they are more educated. I also go for discussions with South African social rights activists like Desmond Tutu, human rights activists like Jay Naidoo and I can safely agree that there is quite a good number that are well educated smiley
so how does this gilbrish influence africa? grin
how does it answer the question that he asked about u speaking like kenyan grin

1 Like

Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by misterh(m): 2:45pm On Apr 04, 2013
pekelepekele: THE ANSWER IS AS SIMPLE AS ABC . lets ask ourselves these two questions . First how many South Africans are relocating to Nigeria daily and How many Nigerians are struggling to relocate to SA on a daily basis.

Secondly how many Nigerians are proud enough to call themselves a Nigerian home and abroad and How many South africans will deny being a South african anywhere they go?
Read the topic again and know the meaning of influencial. Thank you.
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by gst101: 2:45pm On Apr 04, 2013
culturally, Naija is more influencial. You find nigerian cuisine in all parts of africa. Our languages eg tufiakwa is every where. On the negative front, most africans know of the 419 but dont know its etymology. @mondi cheeks, we call it 419 becos it appears in section 419 of Naija's criminal code.
All around the continent people use that word.
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by Nobody: 2:46pm On Apr 04, 2013
mondi_cheeks: they have a better education system and that's true, and if u associate yourself with South Africans that are actually educated ( not the school drops some Nigerians guy pick up in taverns to marry) you will know that it's true. I associate myself with other law, medical, political science, education students and yes I can agree that they are more educated. I also go for discussions with South African social rights activists like Desmond Tutu, human rights activists like Jay Naidoo and I can safely agree that there is quite a good number that are well educated smiley
I just gave you the latest HDI statistics.. The SA education system is not popping out quality products if you ask me
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by Nobody: 2:47pm On Apr 04, 2013
Red-Light:
so how does this gilbrish influence africa? grin
how does it answer the question that he asked about u speaking like kenyan grin
if u were clever enough to look at the post I quoted you would know why I gave that response smiley
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by pekelepekele(m): 2:47pm On Apr 04, 2013
Red-Light:
so is this ur definition of been influential?

please take ur time to read the responses on the thread ...u will know the meaning of been influential

shu.t up bro! If Nigeria is more influential than SA why are the people inside running helter skelter and very restless . I mean they are seen everywhere in the world being killed like dogs and always maltreated and maybe you don't even know the meaning of the word "influential"

in·flu·en·tial
/ˌinflo͞oˈenCHəl/

Adjective
Having great influence on someone or something.

Synonyms
powerful - important - weighty

Read above the adjective of influential means Having great influence on someone or something . In what ways has Nigeria influenced the people and the things inside of it greatly ?

The synonyms means Important and weighty . In what ways is Nigeria of any important to we Nigerians .,Is it with all our celebrities flying abroad to deliver babies or our politicians flying out of the country to receive treatment over a slight of headache. Can't you guys see this country is a pit of hell!!!
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by pekelepekele(m): 2:48pm On Apr 04, 2013
misterh: Read the topic again and know the meaning of influencial. Thank you.

C another mumu., You don't even get the spelling talk less of knowing the meaning mtcheww
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by MEILYN(m): 2:48pm On Apr 04, 2013
mondi_cheeks: they have a better education system and that's true, and if u associate yourself with South Africans that are actually educated ( not the school drops some Nigerians guy pick up in taverns to marry) you will know that it's true. I associate myself with other law, medical, political science, education students and yes I can agree that they are more educated. I also go for discussions with South African social rights activists like Desmond Tutu, human rights activists like Jay Naidoo and I can safely agree that there is quite a good number that are well educated smiley
d question is re u not educated? Hw cum ur points re so lame? I expected sumtin more.......Or re u nt a South African?

2 Likes

Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by Nobody: 2:50pm On Apr 04, 2013
sheyie2007:
I just gave you the latest HDI statistics.. The SA education system is not popping out quality products if you ask me
their economy proves the contrary smiley u cant tell me that their "stable" economy is being built by illetarate pple undecided
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Apr 04, 2013
MEILYN:
d question is re u not educated? Hw cum ur points re so lame? I expected sumtin more.......Or re u nt a South African?
you asked if they are more educated and I answered that with a yes. What more do u want? angry
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by RedLight1: 2:51pm On Apr 04, 2013
pekelepekele:

shu.t up bro! If Nigeria is more influential than SA why are the people inside running helter skelter and very restless . I mean they are seen everywhere in the world being killed like dogs and always maltreated and maybe you don't even know the meaning of the word "influential"

in·flu·en·tial
/ˌinflo͞oˈenCHəl/

Adjective

Synonyms

Read above the adjective of influential means Having great influence on someone or something . In what ways has Nigeria influenced the people and the things inside of it greatly ?

The synonyms means Important and weighty . In what ways is Nigeria of any important to we Nigerians .,Is it with all our celebrities flying abroad to deliver babies or our politicians flying out of the country to receive treatment over a slight of headache. Can't you guys see this country is a pit of hell!!!
i have nothing to say to ignorant people .... read and ur life will never reamin the same smiley
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by MEILYN(m): 2:52pm On Apr 04, 2013
pekelepekele:

in·flu·en·tial
/ˌinflo͞oˈenCHəl/

Adjective

Synonyms

u lack wisdom
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by naptu2: 2:53pm On Apr 04, 2013
I'll give another example. In fact, I'll give two.

1) Tina Turner was one of the most influential women in the world in the 1980s, not because she was the best singer or anything like that, but because of the sheer number of women who wanted to have the "Tina Turner" hairdo. She influenced the way they made their hair.

2) Goodluck Jonathan could be said to be the most powerful Nigerian in Africa (courtesy of the sheer number of armed men he commands and his ability to enforce his will), but it could also be argued that Enoch Adeboye is as influential or more influential than him, because of the sheer number of Africans that are ready to do what Adeboye says.
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by MEILYN(m): 2:54pm On Apr 04, 2013
mondi_cheeks: you asked if they are more educated and I answered that with a yes. What more do u want? angry
neva mind it seems u dont understand simple english. Am Talking Abt U Not South Africans As A Whole
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Apr 04, 2013
Being influencial to someone else i how you reppresent yourself. The image you portray to others of who you are and what you are. Whereever you stand as a nigerian or SA you reppresent your country therefore what you do will be what people will make of that country.
You can be as wise as f**k but if you do not make a good image of yourself no one will acctually recognise that wise side of you. Every country is influencial in their own particular way even the poorest of the poor. SA is blessed whether they were developed by whites or not they a very genuin. Nigeria is also blessed with intelligence but if you exploit that intelligence god has given do you really think people will consider you?
Be the best of who you are. A proud nigerian,SA,ghanaian,ivorian congolese whatever. Just remember where ever you are it is YOU thats reppresenting your country

1 Like

Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Apr 04, 2013
pekelepekele:

The synonyms means Important and weighty . In what ways is Nigeria of any important to we Nigerians .,Is it with all our celebrities flying abroad to deliver babies or our politicians flying out of the country to receive treatment over a slight of headache. Can't you guys see this country is a pit of hell!!![/b]
well it looks like it grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by RedLight1: 2:55pm On Apr 04, 2013
mondi_cheeks: if u were clever enough to look at the post I quoted you would know why I gave that response smiley
so telling me that south africans are educated is ur major influence in Africa huh and that is why u are sounding like kenyans? grin i think i need to read more about south african educational system that produce people like u smiley
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by pekelepekele(m): 2:56pm On Apr 04, 2013
naptu2: I'll give another example. In fact, I'll give two.

1) Tina Turner was one of the most influential women in the world in te 1980s, not because she was the best singer or anything like that, but because of the sheer number of women who wanted to have the "Tina Turner" hairdo. She influenced the way they made their hair.

2) Goodluck Jonathan could be said to be the most powerful Nigerian in Africa (courtesy of the sheer number of armed men he commands and his ability to enforce his will), but it could also be argued that Enoch Adeboye is as influential or more influential than him, because of the sheer number of Africans that are ready to do what Adeboye says.

The question is South Africa Vs Nigeria : Which is more Influential in Africa? Not the below

South African's VS Nigerian's : Which is more influential people in Africa

South Africa and Nigeria are countries while South African's and Nigerian's are the people of that country . The topic is all about country vs country

1 Like

Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by RedLight1: 2:58pm On Apr 04, 2013
naptu2: I'll give another example. In fact, I'll give two.

1) Tina Turner was one of the most influential women in the world in the 1980s, not because she was the best singer or anything like that, but because of the sheer number of women who wanted to have the "Tina Turner" hairdo. She influenced the way they made their hair.

now thats what i call been influential

some people really need to go back to school

bill gate might not have the kinda power obama has but he is more influential than obama anywhere
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by MEILYN(m): 2:59pm On Apr 04, 2013
pekelepekele:

The question is South Africa Vs Nigeria : Which is more Influential in Africa? Not the below

U lack wisdom 4 d second time.........Without Nigerians Will dey be a Nigeria? Nd will dey be an influence?

1 Like

Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Apr 04, 2013
MEILYN:
neva mind it seems u dont understand simple english. Am Talking Abt U Not South Africans As A Whole
they have a better education system and that's true, and if u associate yourself with South Africans that are actually educated ( not the school drops some Nigerians guy pick up in taverns to marry) you will know that it's true. I associate myself with other law, medical, political science, education students and yes I can agree that they are more educated. I also go for discussions with South African social rights activists like Desmond Tutu, human rights activists like Jay Naidoo and I can safely agree that there is quite a good number that are well educated smiley
its either u cant read properly or u are simply stu.pid undecided

1 Like

Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by RedLight1: 2:59pm On Apr 04, 2013
pekelepekele:

South Africa and Nigeria are countries while South African's and Nigerian's are the people of that country . The topic is all about country vs country
what nigerians has done for other countries ...the influence they have....did south africa come close to any ?
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by pekelepekele(m): 3:00pm On Apr 04, 2013
Red-Light:
i have nothing to say to ignorant people .... read and ur life will never reamin the same smiley

I won't argue with you sir
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by RedLight1: 3:02pm On Apr 04, 2013
pekelepekele:

I won't argue with you sir
neither will i

but i will recommend that u go back to secondary school smiley

1 Like

Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by Nobody: 3:03pm On Apr 04, 2013
Red-Light:
neither will i

but i will recommend that u go back to secondary school smiley
I recommend you to stop being in denial
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by MEILYN(m): 3:03pm On Apr 04, 2013
mondi_cheeks: maybe u are blind or u are simply stu.pid undecided
And hw did ur silly post answer my question? I asked abt U nd u re answering wit 'THEY' did u sch in SA? If u did den i guess...........Smh

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply)

Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi / ENUGU MASSACRE: Northern Govs Under Fire… For Defending Fulani / Ambode sacks 57 LG Executive Secretaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.