Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,102 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:05 PM

Ohanaeze Ndi-igbo Supports Amnesty To Boko Haram - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ohanaeze Ndi-igbo Supports Amnesty To Boko Haram (16276 Views)

Governor Udom Grants Amnesty To A 64-Year-Old Prisoner (Photos) / Why Nnamdi Kanu Should Be JAILED - Ohanaeze Ndi Igbo / What Is Wrong With Ohanaeze Ndi Igbo??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ohanaeze Ndi-igbo Supports Amnesty To Boko Haram by coogar: 10:07pm On Apr 09, 2013
solomon111: I don't know what people want GEJ to do.
He has tried the confrontational tactics,yet it has proven abortive.
Nigerians are not patient enough to endure a sustained and long-drawn battle with boko-haram.
Opposition parties are already taking advantage of every terrorist attack to pitch GEJ against the people and portray the govt as ineffective.
Ironically,the only solution the opposition 've provided was amnesty, so the amnesty was a matter of WHEN and not IF.
The next goverment be it from PDP or the opposition, would have granted it,anyway.
GEJ should do what he must in the interest of peace,and i congratulate ohanaeze ndi-igbo for displaying foresight.
Nigerians are tired of dying.

there goes another clueless comment from an idïot savant...
amnesty for boko haram means nigeria would be declared an islamic state. what else would we put up with? amnesty for armed robbers and kidnappers? how did many of you even graduate from secondary school when critical thinking is a challenge for you tools?

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze Ndi-igbo Supports Amnesty To Boko Haram by curfew: 10:08pm On Apr 09, 2013
join the worldwide debate at www.radiobiafralondon.com
Re: Ohanaeze Ndi-igbo Supports Amnesty To Boko Haram by coogar: 10:09pm On Apr 09, 2013
curfew: join the worldwide debate at www.radiobiafralondon.com

sakes!
Re: Ohanaeze Ndi-igbo Supports Amnesty To Boko Haram by Nobody: 10:11pm On Apr 09, 2013
Is there any group Ohanaze ndi igbo and who are they and who do they represent their wishes and who authorized them?. Igbos would never support amnesty for boko haram so the so called ohaneze should speak for their individual selfs.
Re: Ohanaeze Ndi-igbo Supports Amnesty To Boko Haram by VMF(m): 10:13pm On Apr 09, 2013
Political titan: We dnt want any peace o... They shud tank thier God, christians ar peaceful, if nt ehh! they shud nt 4get that being voilent is a mata of choice. 1 day we wl b fedup, they shud nt worry

We Christians can be very enduring, tolerant and peaceful but I wonder what the problem is with Islam.
Re: Ohanaeze Ndi-igbo Supports Amnesty To Boko Haram by Tolexander: 10:14pm On Apr 09, 2013
curfew: join the worldwide debate at www.radiobiafralondon.com
90% sure the argument is gonna be based on biafra war!
Re: Ohanaeze Ndi-igbo Supports Amnesty To Boko Haram by coogar: 10:17pm On Apr 09, 2013
:: VMF :::

We Christians can be very enduring, tolerant and peaceful but I wonder what the problem is with Islam.

islam preaches peace too - these cowards called boko haram are just smearing islam as a religion. many islamic scholars have condemned boko haram that what they do is totally against the tenets of islam. let's not make this is a religious crisis - this is about a bunch of semi-illiterate hoodlums killing innocent people to cop penile erectiöns.

2 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Ndi-igbo Supports Amnesty To Boko Haram by MahatmaGhandi: 10:17pm On Apr 09, 2013
ah ah ah alas it has been proven that the gallantry of ndigbo died with the eze ndigbo gburugburu , i never thought this day will come.
Re: Ohanaeze Ndi-igbo Supports Amnesty To Boko Haram by Nobody: 10:22pm On Apr 09, 2013
we the youths and the rest of worthy Igbo sons/daughter condemn the action of the president of Ohaneze Ndi Igbo. We refuse to join our Yoruba brothers in supporting our representatives/leaders blindly. We must accept to condemn or praise our leaders when necessary.
Re: Ohanaeze Ndi-igbo Supports Amnesty To Boko Haram by ikweremilitant: 10:26pm On Apr 09, 2013
Dudu_Negro:

my brothers,

your political leaders and your traditional leaders made a trip to Kano and gave this commitment to the Kano State Governor. now, who is Hausa slave in Nigeria? this is second time this Eze went to Kano in six months. he went not long ago to settle dispute between a real eze and impostor eze. in Kano.

here is the message : burn your biafran flags and start waving the Green/White/Green. Igbo continues to serve as footmat for Hausa to wipe feet on.

pack of intimidated COWARDS!!
keo ranting frm exile,wen ure back boko haram is stil witng for u and ur ancestors.hopless coward
Re: Ohanaeze Ndi-igbo Supports Amnesty To Boko Haram by VirginFinder: 10:27pm On Apr 09, 2013
Dudu_Negro:

my brothers,

your political leaders and your traditional leaders made a trip to Kano and gave this commitment to the Kano State Governor. now, who is Hausa slave in Nigeria? this is second time this Eze went to Kano in six months. he went not long ago to settle dispute between a real eze and impostor eze. in Kano.

here is the message : burn your biafran flags and start waving the Green/White/Green. Igbo continues to serve as footmat for Hausa to wipe feet on.

pack of intimidated COWARDS!!

The Ndigbo have been mentally enslaved to the aboki.

I discovered it several years ago in my 100 level.

I noticed whenever we were discussing politics that the Igbo boys in our midst were always keen to give undue regard to northerners.Same northerners that we westerners don't give a fcuck about and they know it.

Igbos continue to see the civil war loss as a conquest by the northerners and it as affected their psyche negatively thereby making them see northerners as superiors.

Abokis will continue to harbour,harm and kill (I pray against this) the Igbos at will and they will continue to take it in good fate.

Condolence visits will always the paid to the oppressor (Aboki) instead of vice versa.

Is it not humiliating enough that the governor didnt find them (the Ohaneze) worthy of his presence thereby sending a commissioner to address them?

What a shame!

6 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Ndi-igbo Supports Amnesty To Boko Haram by Nobody: 10:29pm On Apr 09, 2013
Gwan ohanezepumpum, wat ya say?

Rasta fi support peace inna da rasclart Naija.

Reskpekt!

Jah bless.
Re: Ohanaeze Ndi-igbo Supports Amnesty To Boko Haram by BlackBaron: 10:31pm On Apr 09, 2013
Wasn't it well known by now that all your leaders only represent their own selfish interests.

Our resident 'Bigots assembly' fired unending salvos at each other for Tinunbu's call, now Ohaneze leader does same.
A poll amongst yourselves would show these leaders do not represent the views of the majority they claim to lead.

Wake up and smell the coffee!
Re: Ohanaeze Ndi-igbo Supports Amnesty To Boko Haram by MrLuGold(m): 10:33pm On Apr 09, 2013
amnesty supporters...pls see below

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze Ndi-igbo Supports Amnesty To Boko Haram by vislabraye(m): 10:35pm On Apr 09, 2013
50calibre:

Don't mind these short-sighted people. The Igbos have been mostly on the receiving end of this boko haram menace and since the government is inept at tackling the problem militarily it is only fair to reach a common ground.

The UK settled with the IRA, America are negotiating with the Taliban, OBJ negotiated with MEND.

The US negotiating with Talibans? I've never heard that b4.
Let's assume US is negotiating with the Talibans, the parameters are different.
Firstly, the Talibans don't reside in US.
Secondly, Osama bin Laden is dead and most of the big chiefs of the Talibans.

Honestly, I'm surprised and disappointed to hear this from Ndigbo. And the Igbos have been in the receiving end of the terrorist attack. You can't kill and American citizen and expect to negotiate with them. Did they not deal with Bin laden at last?
Justice is what is needed. I expect them to call for the heads of BH leaders.
People don't know the consequences of granting amnesty. It means that the perpetuators would go scot free.
Re: Ohanaeze Ndi-igbo Supports Amnesty To Boko Haram by solomon111(m): 10:36pm On Apr 09, 2013
coogar:

amnesty for boko haram means nigeria would be declared an islamic state. what else would we put up with? amnesty for armed robbers and kidnappers? how did many of you even graduate from secondary school when critical thinking is a challenge for you tools?
will you please cut the insults?
Give us a feasible alternative,if not amnesty?
People like you just stay abroad and talk all kind of unrealistic bullshitt,yet will want to hold the govt to ransom when the next bomb goes off.
Nobody wants to support amnesty,but we have no choice.
Nigerians do not have the patience to endure a prolonged battle with bokoharam.

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze Ndi-igbo Supports Amnesty To Boko Haram by solomon111(m): 10:45pm On Apr 09, 2013
vislabraye:

Honestly, I'm surprised and disappointed to hear this from Ndigbo. And the Igbos have been in the receiving end of the terrorist attack. You can't kill and American citizen and expect to negotiate with them. Did they not deal with Bin laden at last?
People don't know the consequences of granting amnesty. It means that the perpetuators would go scot free.
yes america settled with talibans,and the Uk with IRA.
Infact the policy of non-negotiation with terrorist is only feasible when you are dealing with terrorist outside your country,because
1)you get to unleash the full strength of your military without worrying too much about casualities.
2)You don't worry as much about reprisal attacks.
You only worry about your citizens outside the country.
3)The negative economic effects are minimal.
The UK were smart enough to dump that policy.
Re: Ohanaeze Ndi-igbo Supports Amnesty To Boko Haram by 50calibre(m): 10:45pm On Apr 09, 2013
vislabraye:

Well the Americans are well equipped to deal with any terrorist threat, they have the intelligence, manpower, technology and money.

Nigeria is too ill-equipped and highly incapable to deal with boko haram, where would they start from? Nigeria is what America was in the 1830s
Re: Ohanaeze Ndi-igbo Supports Amnesty To Boko Haram by aljharem(m): 10:47pm On Apr 09, 2013
solomon111: will you please cut the insults?
People like you just stay abroad and talk all kind of unrealistic bullshitt,yet will want to hold the govt to ransom when the next bomb goes off.

Sir, do you think an amnesty would stop boko haram ? Indeed you sound naive to say the least#

Has Amnesty stopped Mend from operating when they are not paid their allowance ? NO

DO you think Nigeria upon how much we are struggling and managing can afford Amensty to faceless non existing individuals with account numbers which would be directed to the sponsors account ?

Do you think to stop terrorism in Nigeria from springing up again, Amnesty is the answer ? LOL

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze Ndi-igbo Supports Amnesty To Boko Haram by badassnigga(m): 10:48pm On Apr 09, 2013
truth.com:

Is this guy a human being? I doubt! With your life being wasted everyday for robbery, kidnapping and rituals, you still think you are superior to others? I dey laugh oooo. Boko Boys better pass u honestly. Igbo is a tribe I can never live with. They are just dangerous. You can kill your parents for money. You are the Nigeria's first Evil. You invented the evils into this country with all your dubious acts. hiss...

noted grin
Re: Ohanaeze Ndi-igbo Supports Amnesty To Boko Haram by chucky234(m): 10:52pm On Apr 09, 2013
I am not in any way surprised as Igbos have always proven to be unreliable and betrayals

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze Ndi-igbo Supports Amnesty To Boko Haram by vislabraye(m): 10:56pm On Apr 09, 2013
coogar:

A nice response from you.

I remember some time again in this same NL, there was a thread whose topic was about how Fulani herds men raped a married woman in one of the states in the West.

Come and hear comments: people from the West are cowards, they're this, they're that. (To be sincere with you it was appauling).
Now something similar is happening to the Igbos. Although they were not the only ones who lost their loves, but atleast 30percent of the people BH killed were Igbos.
How can an "elder", a whole chief, cower with his tail behind his leg to visit the Northern governor with regards to amnesty? Have they not suffered enough killing?
Re: Ohanaeze Ndi-igbo Supports Amnesty To Boko Haram by chucky234(m): 10:58pm On Apr 09, 2013
If you think Ohanaeze Ndi-igbo are bunch of cowards click "like".

5 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Ndi-igbo Supports Amnesty To Boko Haram by solomon111(m): 10:59pm On Apr 09, 2013
alj harem:

Sir, do you think an amnesty would stop boko haram ? Indeed you sound naive to say the least#

Has Amnesty stopped Mend from operating when they are not paid their allowance ? NO

DO you think Nigeria upon how much we are struggling and managing can afford Amensty to faceless non existing individuals with account numbers which would be directed to the sponsors account ?

Do you think to stop terrorism in Nigeria from springing up again, Amnesty is the answer ? LOL
The mend amnesty was carried out very poorly,but atleast it has brought relative peace to the niger-delta,and allowed the army bring down quickly any remaining trace of militancy.
I don't know if bokoharam are faceless or not,but what i know is that the govt should aggressively pursue any opportunity for amnesty.
That should weaken bokoharam and help the army to put down quickly any remaining trace of bokoharam.
You are naive,if you think Nigeria does not have the resources.
Re: Ohanaeze Ndi-igbo Supports Amnesty To Boko Haram by aljharem(m): 11:00pm On Apr 09, 2013
A more practical solution to Boko haram is first of all address the issue of amnesty to any stu.pid lazy militants

Secondly, arrest likes of dokubo and co and serve their term with hard labour or be killed off for killing millions

Thirdly Alams should not be pardon

Fourthly, this 13 % crap should stop

Then their would be peace
Re: Ohanaeze Ndi-igbo Supports Amnesty To Boko Haram by coogar: 11:01pm On Apr 09, 2013
solomon111: will you please cut the insults?

get out of here, you unintelligible beast of burden!
you have no choice but to give in to terrorists? what kind of obdurate twits are we producing in nigeria? with this defeatist mentality, it's so obvious your moral compass is so screwed up!

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze Ndi-igbo Supports Amnesty To Boko Haram by vislabraye(m): 11:03pm On Apr 09, 2013
If any group should talk about amnesty for BH, it is MEND. But they're not even thinking about it. They feel its a betrayal of the innocent blood that has been shed.
I don't know what this Onaneze guy has to gain? I think there's more to it.
Re: Ohanaeze Ndi-igbo Supports Amnesty To Boko Haram by solomon111(m): 11:05pm On Apr 09, 2013
coogar:

get out of here, you unintelligible beast of burden!
you have no choice but to give in to terrorists? what kind of obdurate twits are we producing in nigeria? with this defeatist mentality, it's so obvious your moral compass is so screwed up!
Fucck off you moronn.
Why not ask the UK why they gave in to IRA.
Re: Ohanaeze Ndi-igbo Supports Amnesty To Boko Haram by aljharem(m): 11:05pm On Apr 09, 2013
solomon111: The mend amnesty was carried out very poorly,but atleast it has brought relative peace to the niger-delta,and allowed the army bring down quickly any remaining trace of militancy.
I don't know if bokoharam are faceless or not,but what i know is that the govt should aggressively pursue any opportunity for amnesty.

That should weaken bokoharam and help the army to put down quickly any remaining trace of bokoharam.
You are naive,if you think Nigeria does not have the resources.

WHat, to what year do you think Nigeria can do that for. Amnesty is encourages militancy. Nigeria can afford it but Amnesty is not the way forward. Free money encourages
Re: Ohanaeze Ndi-igbo Supports Amnesty To Boko Haram by joseph1832(m): 11:06pm On Apr 09, 2013
It is obvious that Ohaneze ndigbo are a bunch of sycophants! Advocating for amnesty for boko haram just to ensure that an ibo man is President come 2015! What a shame!

The sooner they wake up from their slumber the better. This call for amnesty for some depraved murderers is becoming unbecoming!!! So all those people who died at the hand of Boko Haram died for nothing?! What a ruse.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Buhari’s Snail Pace - PUNCH / Tinubu Distances Self From 2023 Presidential Campaigners / EFCC Arrests Village Head For Fraud, As Akwa Ibom Community Stages Protests (pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.