Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,755 members, 7,809,898 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:51 PM

Ohanaeze Ndi-igbo Supports Amnesty To Boko Haram - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ohanaeze Ndi-igbo Supports Amnesty To Boko Haram (16253 Views)

Governor Udom Grants Amnesty To A 64-Year-Old Prisoner (Photos) / Why Nnamdi Kanu Should Be JAILED - Ohanaeze Ndi Igbo / What Is Wrong With Ohanaeze Ndi Igbo??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ohanaeze Ndi-igbo Supports Amnesty To Boko Haram by dbride: 9:24pm On Apr 09, 2013
This CONFUSION is nearing its peak and I am not wasting time again arguing or making any further contributions concerning this nation. I am now going to relax and watch GOD, yes GOD, bring to pass what He alone has planned for this nation. We have prayed ceaselessly, we have spoken out, what else? Yet, we see more confusion and madness each passing day. Only God, using whoever, whatever he chooses, will deliver Nigeria. I promise myself from this day on to remain positive while I wait so I dont lose my sanity....so help me God. I don tire.

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze Ndi-igbo Supports Amnesty To Boko Haram by Nobody: 9:25pm On Apr 09, 2013
Nigeria proves itself once again a ROGUE country. A country that embraces criminals and refuses to penalize them. They have forgotten that it is this same nonchalant attitude towards blood thirsty criminals that groups like boko haram are able to thrive under. We really don't learn from history.

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze Ndi-igbo Supports Amnesty To Boko Haram by Nobody: 9:25pm On Apr 09, 2013
dayokanu: No be today he don tay wey Ohaneze sopullu Bokoharam.

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/829605_kano_-_5_jpg4511c06e1afa7a204b97ff8f2d9b32e3[/img]

Ohaneze and bokoHaram are partners

Your doping without prescriptions. Remember Majek Fashek.
Re: Ohanaeze Ndi-igbo Supports Amnesty To Boko Haram by Nobody: 9:26pm On Apr 09, 2013
boko haram, please have mercy on the igbos they
are homeless.

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze Ndi-igbo Supports Amnesty To Boko Haram by chocopearl(f): 9:26pm On Apr 09, 2013
Pls u guys should help me ask Ohanaeze ndi igbo on what ground shud Mr.president grant amnesty to these al-qaeda wannabees?? All i can say is dat if dis amnesty to d bh sect eva happens d nigerian govt shud be ready to include AMNESTY FUNDS in subsequent budget cos other useless grps will still emanate.
SAY NO TO AMNESTY to bh sect.
Re: Ohanaeze Ndi-igbo Supports Amnesty To Boko Haram by Policewoman(f): 9:31pm On Apr 09, 2013
Dudu_Negro:

^^^ here is how you identify bastards amongst the populace.

when the heat becomes unbearable reasonable people know to step out and keep mouth shut. for bastards, they see themselves as coolant for the heat and in attempt to prove so they get destroyed by more heat.

1. bokoharam killed your people
2. massob called their people in East "innocent"
3. kwankwaso released a victims list with 80% + hausa
4. ohaneze, instead of confronting kwankwaso, went along with your eze to tender igbo commitment.

50calibre, dont you see that it would have been better there was no people called ibo in nigeria? you are slaving and competing amongst yourselves to please your "oppressors"

And who asked for your opinion? If Ohaneze decides to ask for Amnesty for the bokos in order to make Kano safer for Igbos, how does that concern your broke yoruba ass? I did not see you venting such steam when your yoruba party APC led by Tinubu vivited the north, donated N200 million to the Boko coffers and even called for Amnesty for them. Or have u now suddenly developed selective amnesia?

3 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Ndi-igbo Supports Amnesty To Boko Haram by NaijaNaWaa: 9:31pm On Apr 09, 2013
When I saw names like Hope Uzodinma and Ilomuanya I know these are certified fraudsters on another 419 mission. Only f00ls and 419ners of equal idiocy will take them serious.

2 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Ndi-igbo Supports Amnesty To Boko Haram by nduchucks: 9:31pm On Apr 09, 2013
I am beginning to believe that Ohaneze leaders have more substance and wisdom that many of you would like to believe. Between their submission to the constitutional review committee and their pronouncements on Amnesty, one can easily see that the group is wise and essentially first class.
Re: Ohanaeze Ndi-igbo Supports Amnesty To Boko Haram by Kevwyben: 9:32pm On Apr 09, 2013
Nigerian politics- the more you look the less you see. These politicians are either "bewitched" or can actually see what every other person can't. None of them are even talking about the victims. embarassed
Re: Ohanaeze Ndi-igbo Supports Amnesty To Boko Haram by coogar: 9:33pm On Apr 09, 2013
it shall not be well with the ohaneze or any other group that supports any amnesty for boko haram. these idiotic old men continue to fail us with their choices and their greed. i am sure this man must have been paid handsomely to support boko haram's amnesty completely ignoring the hundreds of igbo men murdered in cold blood. i wonder why nigerians are not protesting this and yet they could protest oil subsidy removal. which is worse?
Re: Ohanaeze Ndi-igbo Supports Amnesty To Boko Haram by Policewoman(f): 9:33pm On Apr 09, 2013
*556#:
Imagine these vultures supporting thesame people that kill them on daily basis? How does it feels going to Kano to pay homage and solidarity to those killing them on per second basis?. Any taker?

Shameless people.
And how does it feel to form an alliance with a regional party whose boko offsprings are threathening to bomb your Lagos?
Re: Ohanaeze Ndi-igbo Supports Amnesty To Boko Haram by Nobody: 9:34pm On Apr 09, 2013
Seems the word amnesty is now the way out for this clueless, senseless government! Oh yes parade the word AM-NES-TY and oh we have found a solution to the the security situation in the country! Evidently, no one in Aso rock can come up with a better plan concerning the security issues in this country! Tomorrow I'm going to thief maggi and shout amnesty! Nonsense.
Re: Ohanaeze Ndi-igbo Supports Amnesty To Boko Haram by nduchucks: 9:37pm On Apr 09, 2013
coogar: it shall not be well with the ohaneze or any other group that supports any amnesty for boko haram. these idiotic old men continue to fail us with their choices and their greed. i am sure this man must have been paid handsomely to support boko haram's amnesty completely ignoring the hundreds of igbo men murdered in cold blood. i wonder why nigerians are not protesting this and yet they could protest oil subsidy removal. which is worse?

Nna if you have better ideas which would reduce the violence, please lets hear them else STFU mumu
Re: Ohanaeze Ndi-igbo Supports Amnesty To Boko Haram by truthcom: 9:38pm On Apr 09, 2013
Eze Promoe: STATISTICS HAS IT THAT;
1 Igbo life worth 20 Yoruba lives
1 Igbo life worth 100 Hausa lives

So i'm not angry at all at worth Ohaneze did because that is just the best medium for saving precious lives. If Boko Haram strikes, the loss of does whom their lives have much value will be felt by their brothers while those whom their lives are valueless will come out and pretend as if nothing happened.
All they'll say is "YOU BETTER KILL WHO EVER YOU WANT TO KILL IN YOUR LAND O. DON'T COME TO OUR LAND O, UNLESS WE'LL CALL OUR ANCESTORS FOR YOU." Words from old local village champions still living in the stone age.

Is this guy a human being? I doubt! With your life being wasted everyday for robbery, kidnapping and rituals, you still think you are superior to others? I dey laugh oooo. Boko Boys better pass u honestly. Igbo is a tribe I can never live with. They are just dangerous. You can kill your parents for money. You are the Nigeria's first Evil. You invented the evils into this country with all your dubious acts. hiss...

3 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Ndi-igbo Supports Amnesty To Boko Haram by coogar: 9:41pm On Apr 09, 2013
ndu_chucks:
Nna if you have better ideas which would reduce the violence, please lets hear it else STFU mumu

you have the intelligence of an unborn foetus....
when you start dashing amnesty to hoodlums and murderers, what stops another group called choko faram to spring up in sokoto to start their own bomb campaign? why is the reasoning of an average nigerian like you backwards?

2 Likes

Re: Ohanaeze Ndi-igbo Supports Amnesty To Boko Haram by Nobody: 9:42pm On Apr 09, 2013
ndu_chucks:

Nna if you have better ideas which would reduce the violence, please lets hear it else STFU mumu

Is he the president? Or why on earth do we elect officials to rule us if we are the same ones to give them solutions?
Re: Ohanaeze Ndi-igbo Supports Amnesty To Boko Haram by nduchucks: 9:43pm On Apr 09, 2013
coogar:

you have the intelligence of an unborn foetus....
when you start dashing amnesty to hoodlums and murderers, what stops another group called choko faram to spring up in sokoto to start their own bomb campaign? why is the reasoning of an average nigerian like you backwards?

Typical empty headed response, no substance.
Re: Ohanaeze Ndi-igbo Supports Amnesty To Boko Haram by Policewoman(f): 9:45pm On Apr 09, 2013
ndu_chucks: I am beginning to believe that Ohaneze leaders have more substance and wisdom that many of you would like to believe. Between their submission to the constitutional review committee and their pronouncements on Amnesty, one can easily see that the group is wise and essentially first class.
i agree.
Re: Ohanaeze Ndi-igbo Supports Amnesty To Boko Haram by VMF(m): 9:47pm On Apr 09, 2013
T.B. Joshua on the issue of the state of the nation said he has seen a revelation of a great Africa on the world stage after all these turbulence but in his words, 'the question is will you and I scale through these perilious times to see the great Africa?'

(Me thinking aloud) will Boko Haram's amnesty if granted not spark more problems arousing other violent bodies?

The U.S' fight against terrorism (Al-qaeda) has a hand in all these as the Muslims misinterprete it as fight against Islam.
Re: Ohanaeze Ndi-igbo Supports Amnesty To Boko Haram by coogar: 9:47pm On Apr 09, 2013
ndu_chucks:
Typical empty headed response, no substance.

i wouldn't expect a brain-dead sociopath to understand my response. i mean, you welcome the idea of amnesty for boko haram, there goes your window of creativity!
Re: Ohanaeze Ndi-igbo Supports Amnesty To Boko Haram by Nobody: 9:53pm On Apr 09, 2013
Policewoman: i agree.

You agree to that crap? When has pardoning criminals worked in Nigeria? The first coup and the reprisal attacks that led to the civil war were as a result of this same nonchalant attitude towards these 'pardonable' offences. How on earth do you think boko haram has the guts to do what they are doing now? Of course they know Nigeria treats such offences with kid's gloves.
Re: Ohanaeze Ndi-igbo Supports Amnesty To Boko Haram by 50calibre(m): 9:54pm On Apr 09, 2013
Policewoman: And who asked for your opinion? If Ohaneze decides to ask for Amnesty for the bokos in order to make Kano safer for ibos, how does that concern your broke yoruba ass? I did not see you venting such steam when your yoruba party APC led by Tinubu vivited the north, donated N200 million to the Boko coffers and even called for Amnesty for them. Or have u now suddenly developed selective amnesia?

Leave that guy, he is a product of a failed experiment
Re: Ohanaeze Ndi-igbo Supports Amnesty To Boko Haram by Emperor007: 9:56pm On Apr 09, 2013
ndu_chucks:

Nna if you have better ideas which would reduce the violence, please lets hear them else STFU mumu

^^^

JUSTICE, would solve it

SNC, would also solve it

Have we tried any of the options mentioned?

Re: Ohanaeze Ndi-igbo Supports Amnesty To Boko Haram by Nobody: 9:59pm On Apr 09, 2013
ndu_chucks:

U shouldnt hav dignify him wit a response. Let him plaster his black a55 in a whiteman's land nd spew trash out of pathetic ignorance while his country plung deeper into ignominy.
Re: Ohanaeze Ndi-igbo Supports Amnesty To Boko Haram by coogar: 9:59pm On Apr 09, 2013
Islamic Group Rejects Amnesty For Boko Haram

Ahead of the inauguration of the committee on amnesty for Boko Haram members by President Goodluck Jonathan, an Islamic group, Muslims Against Terror, has warned that granting such amnesty would plunge the country into more security crises.

It further said it was disturbed that the president could fall for the perpetrators of insecurity in the country by deciding to grant amnesty to Boko Haram despite warnings from the group and other well-meaning Nigerians.

The group, in a statement signed by Brother Isa Ibrahim, recalled that it had early this year sent a message to President Jonathan warning that the Boko Haram leader, Abubakar Shekau, must be made to face the Shariah judgement for his role in the killing of innocent Nigerians.

It said encouraging amnesty at every given opportunity could turn the country to another Rwanda which had been ravaged by war.

"The so-called Northern Elders impressed it upon you to offer a so-called amnesty to this cult and you fell for it, Wallahi, you all are misled and can only be doing this for personal gain, to win elections and not for the peace and progress of Nigeria.

"You cannot do another wrong to attempt to repair the series of wrongs of Nigerian governance. A so-called amnesty for Boko Haram cult, JAMBS (Jama'atu Ansarul Muslimina Fi Biladis-Sudan) or any other terror group or affiliate is another dangerous wrong to compound a history of terrible wrongs and failures by your government and the governments before you that got us here in the first place," the group warned President Jonathan, describing the mentality of throwing money at every problem to as solution to the problem as hopeless.

Reminding the president that he would be judged by his level of squandermania in the guise of fighting crime, the Muslims Against Terror noted that terrorism across the country was caused by the failure of governance.

The group warned further: "if you and the so-called northern elders continue such grave failure simply to win elections, by the grace of the Almighty, you will be surprised and shocked that, insha Allah, the people will rise against you this time, and no amount of money you pay for votes will allow any of you to remain in leadership, both as elected officials and as traditional leaders, because the blood of innocent Nigerians and your violation of the tenets of God as written in the Torah, the Bible and Quran, to mete out justice on the murderers of us masses, will bring your woe."

Quoting various verses from the Bible and Quran to back their claim that whoever killed should himself be killed, the group said God's message on justice for the oppressed was clear as this would help to discourage future perpetration of barbarism among men.

The group declared that the president could not just abandon the victims of the Boko Haram attacks simply because he wanted to gain political favour from the elites hoping also that such elites could help him win the next election.

"We have hunted Boko Haram. We put a reward on the head of Abubakar Shekau. Our brothers have died in the hunt for these cultists and our soldiers have died, innocent people have died.

"It is our right that justice must be meted upon these deviants according to Shariah.

"Boko Haram (members) themselves do not ask for amnesty, because they know that this is haram. So who is asking?" the group wondered, adding that it was sure those asking had a lot to hide just like the president trying to force the amnesty down the throats of the members who have rejected it.

"Who and what holy book gave them the right to shoot at and toss bombs at people playing cards? Is this the law of Shariah that people playing cards or drinking alcohol should be killed?

"Can they show us in Quran where it states that people giving immunization should be killed?" the group asked, warning that giving the terrorists any amnesty would constitute a disastrous precedence, where people believe they simply need to kill innocent people to get cash from the government.

It said that instead of amnesty, the government should consider a social welfare scheme for the people of the north because the entire area would hardly recover from the terrorist experience.

"Establish a social welfare, youth empowerment and employment system starting with the poorest northern extremes of Nigeria and spread this to the entire nation as is with social security in the United States, which cuts crime in these nations," it said, warning that it would not forgive the president if the amnesty is granted. Amnesty To Boko Haram Is Double Haram.

shame on ohaneze!

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze Ndi-igbo Supports Amnesty To Boko Haram by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:59pm On Apr 09, 2013
Ohaneze/Ndigbo would not lose Enterprise over a few bombed brothers and burnt shops in the North.. they are made of much more stronger stuff. However they fail to remember history has not been kind to their lot especially when it comes to the parochial North with its scant elite driving much of the almijiri (patently impoverish populace) into a blood-lust of igbo butchering. I tell you, they are made of strong "stuff"
Re: Ohanaeze Ndi-igbo Supports Amnesty To Boko Haram by VMF(m): 10:02pm On Apr 09, 2013
Is Boko Haram the only one in the amnesty plan? Because that is what I assume it is...or has Jonathan forgotten that Ansaru is also in Nigeria...or na one-by-one dem wan do am?
Re: Ohanaeze Ndi-igbo Supports Amnesty To Boko Haram by AjCityOne: 10:03pm On Apr 09, 2013
50calibre:

Don't mind these short-sighted people. The Igbos have been mostly on the receiving end of this boko haram menace and since the government is inept at tackling the problem militarily it is only fair to reach a common ground.

The UK settled with the IRA, America are negotiating with the Taliban, OBJ negotiated with MEND.

But you are just an ordinary Igbo people and not any of those country or person you just mentioned.
Re: Ohanaeze Ndi-igbo Supports Amnesty To Boko Haram by solomon111(m): 10:04pm On Apr 09, 2013
I don't know what people want GEJ to do.
He has tried the confrontational tactics,yet it has proven abortive.
Nigerians are not patient enough to endure a sustained and long-drawn battle with boko-haram.
Opposition parties are already taking advantage of every terrorist attack to pitch GEJ against the people and portray the govt as ineffective.
Ironically,the only solution the opposition 've provided was amnesty, so the amnesty was a matter of WHEN and not IF.
The next goverment be it from PDP or the opposition, would have granted it,anyway.
GEJ should do what he must in the interest of peace,and i congratulate ohanaeze ndi-igbo for displaying foresight.
Nigerians are tired of dying.
Re: Ohanaeze Ndi-igbo Supports Amnesty To Boko Haram by ChrisGnarly: 10:04pm On Apr 09, 2013
after amnesty what next? GEJ will be ask to resign abi. notherners need to be alone wt Nijie in a seperate country walai
Re: Ohanaeze Ndi-igbo Supports Amnesty To Boko Haram by Politicaltitan: 10:07pm On Apr 09, 2013
We dnt want any peace o... They shud tank thier God, christians ar peaceful, if nt ehh! they shud nt 4get that being voilent is a mata of choice. 1 day we wl b fedup, they shud nt worry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Jibrin On N40bn Budget Allegation: I’m Ready To Provide Evidence Against Dogara / Presidential Panel Recommends Probe Of David Mark, Stella Oduah, Others / Akinwunmi Adesina: Reports Of Me Endorsing Tinubu Is "Not True"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.