Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,943 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:09 PM

Gold Digging Men: The New Trend In Nigeria - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Gold Digging Men: The New Trend In Nigeria (18577 Views)

PICS: When a Girl Is a PHD Holder In Gold Digging / I Lost My Man Because I Slept With So Many Men - The Real Reason He Left!!! / Why Is Gold-digging More Of A Woman Thing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gold Digging Men: The New Trend In Nigeria by SLIDEwaxie(m): 10:46am On Apr 23, 2013
Well, i call them business men/women, and i dnt see wotz wrong in dt too.
If u aint gulliblle, u're unlikely to fall as their prey!
Re: Gold Digging Men: The New Trend In Nigeria by bizmogul(m): 10:46am On Apr 23, 2013
safarigirl: They come dressed in high-end clothing, articulate in speech, they claim to be anything from MOGs to doctors, lawyers and contractors/businessmen(most used).

What they really are? Wolves waiting to pounce on unsuspecting, successful women.

Many times the art of gold digging has been attributed to only females, but more and more men seem to be involved in worming their ways into the hearts of women with the sole aim of sucking her dry both financially and emotionally.

It's apparent that our men aren't interested in working hard for their money, rather preferring to feed off of unsuspecting (mostly desperate and lonely) women, who are deceived into thinking the men in question are truly in love with them.

This trend is mostly popular in the cities (Lagos,PH,Abuja), but Abuja has to be the headquarters of these men. They date older, successful women and promise them marriage only to abscond with their money and valuables (probably off to marry the younger girl they've been courting for years)

These shameless men have even gone international, dating and most times marrying women twice their ages in the hopes that such women die few months after the marriage, just to get citizenship/wealth.

It surprises me how NL men have the nerve to say ALL Nigerian girls are gold diggers, when the men are just as guilty.

Accept it or not, Nigeria has more male gold diggers than female gold diggers(at least we don't see Nigerian women marrying old, frail men twice their ages)

You are very correct, this is the trend in Abuja and I am disgusted that most men have lost their values. TERRIBLE!
Re: Gold Digging Men: The New Trend In Nigeria by olumaxi(m): 10:46am On Apr 23, 2013
Evri1 is a gold digger cos gold doesnt grow on trees
Re: Gold Digging Men: The New Trend In Nigeria by GentleNaaz(m): 10:48am On Apr 23, 2013
Men r smiling

1 Like

Re: Gold Digging Men: The New Trend In Nigeria by ichidodo: 10:52am On Apr 23, 2013
I am so ashamed cry.
Re: Gold Digging Men: The New Trend In Nigeria by Mercyraheem: 10:53am On Apr 23, 2013
32-D:

[size=16pt]well what is good 4 d goose(Chioma) is also good 4 d gander(Chukwudi)[/size]
lolz...1,000,000 likes
Re: Gold Digging Men: The New Trend In Nigeria by Ujjoan: 10:56am On Apr 23, 2013
Okija_juju:

Bitches be hussling brothers everyday for everything from; Recharge cards to Cellphones to cars, house rents, lands, open up boutiques for them, shopping in Dubai, Private jet lounging, Yatch cruises, expensive vacations, money in the bank, etc.. This has been the case since the beginning of time. We men complain, but we keep it on the down low..

A Man gets some help from a woman, she opens a website and tells the world...

Whats the ratio of Guys who hussle women to girls who hussle guys?! Prolly like 500,000 : 1 (in just Abuja o!!)

That's because it's an anomaly . .
If you saw GEJ smoking in public I'm sure you'll open a thread on NL about it . . but others do it and it's no big deal!
A man is supposed to be a man! cool cool

2 Likes

Re: Gold Digging Men: The New Trend In Nigeria by RedLight1: 10:56am On Apr 23, 2013
Okija_juju:

Bitches be hussling brothers everyday for everything from; Recharge cards to Cellphones to cars, house rents, lands, open up boutiques for them, shopping in Dubai, Private jet lounging, Yatch cruises, expensive vacations, money in the bank, etc.. This has been the case since the beginning of time. We men complain, but we keep it on the down low..

Whats the ratio of Guys who hussle women to girls who hussle guys?! Prolly like 500,000 : 1 (in just Abuja o!!)
cool cool
Re: Gold Digging Men: The New Trend In Nigeria by safarigirl(f): 10:58am On Apr 23, 2013
4llerbuntu:

do u feel better now after the improbable and ass-brained rant?

Like seriously, The above is NOT TRUE.

and even more pertinent is, why does it bug u pple so much? since the advent of time, you pple have been doing this, under various guises and celebrated it as being smart, sharp etc etc.

ALL those fun cliches, ALL those "pay my bills" etc etc.

now the shoe is on the other foot,its now bothering u pple? grin grin grin grin grin

Nna, deal with it. Just the way all those Mugu men have dealt with it over the years.

feel free to rant, it helps relieve the stress.

BTW, in case you dont agree, feel free to be gay. cheesy cheesy cheesy since in your dystopic world, women are not gold diggers.

And just to be clear about all this BS, for every male gold digger, there are 1000 female gold diggers. matter of fact every female is a Gold Digger. Yeah i went there.

disprove it

You must be one of them.

Must a woman tell you to take care of her before you do what the lord put you on this earth for? Was Adam a lazy slob who Eve had to ask for everything?

Work una no wan work, yet you have the nerve to call women that cook for you, clean up after your disgusting selves and have to lie in bed for you to stick your 3inches in them at the end of a long, tiring day gold diggers?

What do you give a woman that should make her stay? What exactly do men offer in relationships? Nothing! The only thing y'all are good for is the cheap change you scrap off.

You drain women physically and emotionally with your lies and manipulations and she's supposed to remain in a relationship that offers her absolutely nothing?
You take from women to give women, so who is collecting money from your poor azz? Y'all be talking like you actually work for the money when you just scam it off of people.

5 Likes

Re: Gold Digging Men: The New Trend In Nigeria by safarigirl(f): 10:58am On Apr 23, 2013
4llerbuntu:

and even more pertinent is, why does it bug u pple so much? since the advent of time, you pple have been doing this, under various guises and celebrated it as being smart, sharp etc etc.

now the shoe is on the other foot,its now bothering u pple? grin grin grin grin grin

Nna, deal with it. Just the way all those Mugu men have dealt with it over the years.

BTW, in case you dont agree, feel free to be gay. cheesy cheesy cheesy since in your dystopic world, women are not gold diggers.

And just to be clear about all this BS, for every male gold digger, there are 1000 female gold diggers. matter of fact every female is a Gold Digger. Yeah i went there.

disprove it

You must be one of them.

Must a woman tell you to take care of her before you do what the lord put you on this earth for? Was Adam a lazy slob who Eve had to ask for everything?

Work una no wan work, yet you have the nerve to call women that cook for you, clean up after +ur disgusting selves and have to lie in bed for you to stick your 3inches in them at the end of a long, tiring day gold diggers?

What do you give a woman that should make her stay? What exactly do men offer in relationships? Nothing! The obly thing y'all are good for is the heap change you scrap off.

You drain women physically and emotionally with your lies and manipuzlations and she's supposed to remain in a relationship that offers her absolutely nothing?
You take from women to give women, so who is collecting money from your poor azz? Y'all be talking like you actually work for the money when you just scam it off of people.
Re: Gold Digging Men: The New Trend In Nigeria by Okijajuju1(m): 10:58am On Apr 23, 2013
Ujjoan:

That's because it's an anomaly . .
If you saw GEJ smoking in public I'm sure you'll open a thread on NL about it . . but others do it and it's no big deal!
A man is supposed to be a man! cool cool

And I thought the Mantra for women these days was; WHAT A MAN CAN DO, A WOMAN CAN DO BETTER

Oya!! Its y'all turn to be the maga/mugu, and you had better be 'better' Magas o!!

Welcome to what it feels like to be a Man...

4 Likes

Re: Gold Digging Men: The New Trend In Nigeria by FXKing2012(m): 11:00am On Apr 23, 2013
Okija_juju:

GBAM!!

1 Like

Re: Gold Digging Men: The New Trend In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:01am On Apr 23, 2013
safarigirl: none of the above really.

It's something I notcied a lot in Abuja, young guys looking for women who drive posh cars and take trips abroad...

There was also this woman in a salon I was at one time who told us of the man she married (she's a sickler and a motivational speaker who writes and speaks at seminars in Europe and Africa). The guy claimed to be an MOG who had cancer, and she went out of her way to take care of him to the detriment of both her health and career. She annulled the marriage once she discovered he was in fact very healthy, all he wanted was a cash cow.

Wondering why men who God made providers would want to alter that and become liabilities to those they ought to provide for.
WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND
LAZY GIRLS STARTED IT, LAZY MEN PERFECTED IT
INTERESTINGLY I KNEW OF THIS CAT WAY BACK
WHO LIVED OF HIS GIRL WHO IN TURN LIVED OFF ANOTHER MAN........
OH ANDHE HAD ANOTYER GIRL LIVING OFF HIM

6 Likes

Re: Gold Digging Men: The New Trend In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:01am On Apr 23, 2013
Hahahaha Lol; you crazy dude....
fewj: We need to import those ABJ, PHC and Lag guys to Warri to mentor Us, Warri girls wan kill us!!!
Re: Gold Digging Men: The New Trend In Nigeria by ichidodo: 11:04am On Apr 23, 2013
4llerbuntu:

Really? and where did you get this nugget of wisdom from?

Let me guess, the "holy" books?, your "tradition"? grin grin grin

Nna, shame u picked this portion to hold fast, what about ALL the other aspects of those books and traditions that stipulate that your sorry arses are second class citizens, meant to be seen and not heard? the part that state u all are all properties to be maintained?

That part does not jell with your "modern" outlook, but u accept the part where some fool should have to provide for u abi?

@ debrief,
as much as i understand and sympathise with your views, It became like this the time when it became normative that only men who have it made are qualified to date women.

men have been enduring this crap for years or how they are measured primarily by the amount of cash they control. The human Nature is like the human body, IT ADAPTS.

Its a Sign of the times.

NB: I am not a gold digger, will rather die than be one. but i find it amusing to see woman complain about gold digging,.

seriously? women? what wont we see.
O.k they accept that God made men to provide for the family but they wont accept that God made men the HEAD of the family. Whenever you bring the idea of SUBMISSION they scream blue murder...Bloody Turn-coats.

1 Like

Re: Gold Digging Men: The New Trend In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:05am On Apr 23, 2013
That’s what they call; this is the 21st century and sad as it is, I guess some men are now waking up to smell the coffee…..
Re: Gold Digging Men: The New Trend In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:07am On Apr 23, 2013
That just shows that times are changing...and some men are making gold digging a successful career.
safarigirl: Accept it or not, Nigeria has more male gold diggers than female gold diggers(at least we don't see Nigerian women marrying old, frail men twice their ages)

1 Like

Re: Gold Digging Men: The New Trend In Nigeria by dabrake(m): 11:08am On Apr 23, 2013
. . .Accept it or not, Nigeria has
more male gold diggers than
female gold diggers(at least we
don't see Nigerian women
marrying old, frail men twice
their ages)
just like caroline ekanem married the fvcking danjuma who was thrice her age then.
Re: Gold Digging Men: The New Trend In Nigeria by safarigirl(f): 11:10am On Apr 23, 2013
I've made my point.

NL guys should stop attributing gold digging to only women when it's in every one of us.

At leats with girls you know what you're getting into, they don't put up any facades unlike their shameless male counterparts.
Re: Gold Digging Men: The New Trend In Nigeria by FXKing2012(m): 11:10am On Apr 23, 2013
booqee: Why complaining?? We have golddiggers both in males and females almost in equal measures, so wats ur point in lamenting?? undecided
I just love and respect ladies who speak the truth.
Re: Gold Digging Men: The New Trend In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:10am On Apr 23, 2013
Hahaha what a funny disposition...
Rhymez: grin. No time
Re: Gold Digging Men: The New Trend In Nigeria by FXKing2012(m): 11:13am On Apr 23, 2013
4llerbuntu:

disprove it

Chai!! Guy you wicked ooo, see as you destroy her yeye argument.
Re: Gold Digging Men: The New Trend In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:13am On Apr 23, 2013
On point....
Chubhie: C'mon, There are still Nigerian men who still upholds the natural order of things between the sexes. A real man with principles wont descend to such lows for bodily and material gains. Ladies on the other should learn to plan their life with precision from youth and how they intend spending old age thereby minimizing the risks of being desperate and willing to compromise standards for weak men willing to pry on them. Parents should also learn to teach their kids how to discover themselves very early in life.
Re: Gold Digging Men: The New Trend In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:17am On Apr 23, 2013
Re: Gold Digging Men: The New Trend In Nigeria by safarigirl(f): 11:18am On Apr 23, 2013
ichidodo: O.k they accept that God made men to provide for the family but they wont accept that God made men the HEAD of the family. Whenever you bring the idea of SUBMISSION they scream blue murder...Bloody Turn-coats.
My dear, being the Head of the house no be for mouth.

Do you expect any sane woman to submit to a man who doesn't contribute to the family, rather spending all HER hard earned money drinking and coming home to beat her or r@pe her afterwards.

Bey can not disrespect Jay, Joke can never disrespect Olu Jacobs, that's it. Any man who provides for his family and acts like a MAN will always have a submissive wife, a man who cares for his wife and is considerate towards her every NEED will NEVER have to worry
Re: Gold Digging Men: The New Trend In Nigeria by gerald09(m): 11:19am On Apr 23, 2013
I guess @ dis point I can safely say what women can do men can do better.
Re: Gold Digging Men: The New Trend In Nigeria by zugoboss(m): 11:21am On Apr 23, 2013
booqee: Why complaining?? We have golddiggers both in males and females almost in equal measures, so wats ur point in lamenting?? undecided
Pls did I hear u say 'almost in equal measure' abi na my browser dey jonze me?

6 Likes

Re: Gold Digging Men: The New Trend In Nigeria by ekenzify(m): 11:23am On Apr 23, 2013
dats jus a feminine point of view...next time u writing gender based posts, do it frm both point of view n not one-sided cus u r a female specie
Re: Gold Digging Men: The New Trend In Nigeria by Pennywise(m): 11:25am On Apr 23, 2013
One important issue I have with this write up is that it attempts to paint the problem in Nigerian colour. That cant be further from the truth. This is male prostit-utio-n by other names and it has been going on for as long as anyone can imagine.

A woman who chooses to date an under-achieving male consort bc he has a baby face should expect no less. The guy is obviously finer than you. Everyone knows it. Deep inside, you know it. There is a price to pay for every desire. Dont forget there are other baby-faced women out there he can date. So he is also paying a price being with you.

It will help not to see it as gold-digging but an unobtrusive means of just compensation.

When an older man dates a younger girl and she professes her love, of course he cannot believe all she says. He is not bitter. She can "chop my money. . . . chop my money. . . . I dont care. . ."
Re: Gold Digging Men: The New Trend In Nigeria by BarryX(m): 11:26am On Apr 23, 2013
OP. Are you seriously sure that you can finish what you've started with a topic such as this ''Gold-digging Nigerian Men''??. From time immemorial, Gold-digging has been an exclusive quality associated with the female folks and for a change like this (i.e if it's common) to take place in this lifetime when i am at my prime it is a welcome development besides it's a dynamic world that we live in and for ladies to shout to high heavens when they notice a slight change in the behavioural pattern especially when it's not to their advantage portrays the selfishness inherent in the human psyche. Nairaland Men go finish you today, Ain't seen nothing yet.
Re: Gold Digging Men: The New Trend In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:27am On Apr 23, 2013
safarigirl: My dear, being the Head of the house no be for mouth.

Do you expect any sane woman to submit to a man who doesn't contribute to the family, rather spending all HER hard earned money drinking and coming home to beat her or r@pe her afterwards.

Bey can not disrespect Jay, Joke can never disrespect Olu Jacobs, that's it. Any man who provides for his family and acts like a MAN will always have a submissive wife, a man who cares for his wife and is considerate towards her every NEED will NEVER have to worry

That's not true!!! Unruliness is a thing of character not circumstances.
Re: Gold Digging Men: The New Trend In Nigeria by Sweetlemon(f): 11:28am On Apr 23, 2013
I'm so happy that more ladies are now opening their eyes to this.
There have been an increasing number of them roaming about the whole place looking for ladies with powerful surnames or fat pay cheques to toast.
They cover this act up by claiming they don't want a "liability" and that they want an independent, resourceful, blah blah blah, woman.
Ladies of nowadays seem to give them more oppurtunity to do this because many of us are now turning into "career women" They now want to achieve to a certain extent before they settle down. Some of them are just stubborn feminists who just want to prove that they can do whatever a man can do.
These gold diggers take advantage of such women because by the time the career lady has "achieved" her target, she is already in her 30s and consciously or unconsciously getting desparate to marry. The gold diggers thereby comes in, strokes her ego, then before we know it, he starts milking her. If she is lucky, he will marry her, but we will all know why!
It is women like this that are now making our men lazy. In the past, men worked really hard to cater for themselves and their families. Their pride will not allow them collect free money from a woman without paying her back. But what do we have today? I'm not saying that women should not work and be independent, In fact I'm all for it. But trying too hard to prove that you are independent will only be detrimental at the end. Sometimes, a women got to just sit back allow a man spoil her you know.
My mum always told me that any man who truly loves you will HAPPILY spend his hard earned money on you.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Do You Think About "turning Up Unannounced"? / Lady Punishes Her Cheating Boyfriend,orders Him To Write 'I Won’t Cheat No More / Is It A Tradition For A Married Man To Have A Girlfriend?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.