Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,059 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:32 AM

Rivers PDP Suspends 27 Pro-Amaechi Lawmakers, Gives Amaechi 48 Hrs Ultimatum - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers PDP Suspends 27 Pro-Amaechi Lawmakers, Gives Amaechi 48 Hrs Ultimatum (16567 Views)

Check Out This Pro Amaechi Banner. PICTURE. / Buhari Gives Amaechi, Dambazzau Key Roles At US Meetings / 25 Pro-amaechi Lawmakers Defect To APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers PDP Suspends 27 Pro-Amaechi Lawmakers, Gives Amaechi 48 Hrs Ultimatum by wirinet(m): 2:08pm On Apr 30, 2013
Mr. Globe:

I laugh at your nativity. You probably are not conversant with the reviewed constitution. All it will take is for pdp to write inec declaring their seats vacant and conducting a fresh election

Which constitution are you talking about, i am sure it is not the Nigerian constitution, where elected officers including lawmakers have defected in the past without losing their seat.

So you are saying the new constitution says a party chairman can just declare a seat vacant and voila, an elected officer loses his seat. no need for recall.
Re: Rivers PDP Suspends 27 Pro-Amaechi Lawmakers, Gives Amaechi 48 Hrs Ultimatum by ccwizard: 2:14pm On Apr 30, 2013
Rhino.5dm:
People fighting on pages of nairaland? Okay, We in Rivers State don't even know who is Felix O. He can even suspend Obama from his hideouts in Abuja, who cares? As far as we know, he is an interloper and no one recognizes him. As of today, all PDP stalwarts are fully behind Ameachi and G.U Ake. Just tune in to any local radio or t.v. and see how people are ready to die protecting Ameachi.

The Obio/Okpor chairman is suspended indefinitely. The fools thinking Rivers State is Bayelsa should be shot at and survivors of the first shooting should be shot again. Ameachi is firmly in control of Rivers State. Most non indigenes are the ones crying more than the bereaved while Rivers People are solidly behind Ameachi.

For you not to know Felix O, then ur not a rivers indigene. Ameachi is an Emperior n majority of rivers ppl are tired of him. He has cause a lot of distruction and pain to rivers ppl by destroying their properties Just because they oppose him or refuse to support him. Its ppl like you who sell false information on the internet. Ameachi's ship is drowning in rivers state and its very clear. Wake up n re-align or drown with him in his sinking ship
Re: Rivers PDP Suspends 27 Pro-Amaechi Lawmakers, Gives Amaechi 48 Hrs Ultimatum by superbloke(m): 2:19pm On Apr 30, 2013
Mr. Globe:

I laugh at your nativity. You probably are not conversant with the reviewed constitution. All it will take is for pdp to write inec declaring their seats vacant and conducting a fresh election

I've got to say, this is the dumbest thing i've read on nairaland. No offence grin grin grin
Re: Rivers PDP Suspends 27 Pro-Amaechi Lawmakers, Gives Amaechi 48 Hrs Ultimatum by wirinet(m): 2:21pm On Apr 30, 2013
figment232: The RVHA members were already fighting the new exco,refusing to obey their order that Obio Npkor lg chairman be reinstated.So what did u expect the exco to do? sit down and fold their hands? No! someone had to be reprimanded ,they have to stamp their authority My friend!

What i expected the so called new executive to do was to go to court or the chairman involved should go to court. The exco have no power whatsoever to ORDER the legislature. And according to the nigerian constitution, the local government is bound by laws made by the state houses of assemblies and their funding is under a joint account controlled by the governor. The party EXCO has no role as far as local governments are concerned.
Re: Rivers PDP Suspends 27 Pro-Amaechi Lawmakers, Gives Amaechi 48 Hrs Ultimatum by Olaolufred(m): 2:26pm On Apr 30, 2013
wirinet:

What i expected the so called new executive to do was to go to court or the chairman involved should go to court. The exco have no power whatsoever to ORDER the legislature. And according to the nigerian constitution, the local government is bound by laws made by the state houses of assemblies and their funding is under a joint account controlled by the governor. The party EXCO has no role as far as local governments are concerned.

YOU ARE JUST ONE OF THE LITERATES ONLINE.
BRAVO.
Re: Rivers PDP Suspends 27 Pro-Amaechi Lawmakers, Gives Amaechi 48 Hrs Ultimatum by figment232(m): 2:31pm On Apr 30, 2013
wirinet:

But it is illegal and unconstitutional for Amaechi to remove a duly elected Local gvt chairman by FIAT

1 Like

Re: Rivers PDP Suspends 27 Pro-Amaechi Lawmakers, Gives Amaechi 48 Hrs Ultimatum by Rhino5dm: 2:31pm On Apr 30, 2013
ccwizard:

For you not to know Felix O, then ur not a rivers indigene. Ameachi is an Emperior n majority of rivers ppl are tired of him. He has cause a lot of distruction and pain to rivers ppl by destroying their properties Just because they oppose him or refuse to support him. Its ppl like you who sell false information on the internet. Ameachi's ship is drowning in rivers state and its very clear. Wake up n re-align or drown with him in his sinking ship

I'm tempted to reply you but I won't. Why don't you give us a verifiable name/s of any property demolished based on politics and not the collective good of Rivers State residents. Don't make me wait to long.

Though, I don't much like the pace at which Ameachi is developing Rivers, putting side by side the huge monthly allocations coming to the state but Ameachi is million light years ahead of Jonathan in everything. The state is taking shape in a peaceful environment. We are now clubbing 24/7 and don't have to raise our hands up while walking. Kidnapping is minimal, arm robbery is low.
Re: Rivers PDP Suspends 27 Pro-Amaechi Lawmakers, Gives Amaechi 48 Hrs Ultimatum by nuclearboy(m): 2:32pm On Apr 30, 2013
Mr. Globe:

Worst scenario EVER!

What stops Amaechi from then "allowing" APC win all seats and control Rivers?
Re: Rivers PDP Suspends 27 Pro-Amaechi Lawmakers, Gives Amaechi 48 Hrs Ultimatum by figment232(m): 2:34pm On Apr 30, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

I'm tempted to reply you but I won't. Why don't you give us a verifiable name/s of any property demolished based on politics and not the collective good of Rivers State residents. Don't make me wait to long.

Though, I don't much like the pace at which Ameachi is developing Rivers, putting side by side the huge monthly allocations coming to the state but Ameachi is million light years ahead of Jonathan in everything. The state is taking shape in a peaceful environment. We are now clubbing 24/7 and don't have to raise our hands up while walking. Kidnapping is minimal, arm robbery is low.
Same here in warri so its no big deal.U dont classify that as an achievement.
Re: Rivers PDP Suspends 27 Pro-Amaechi Lawmakers, Gives Amaechi 48 Hrs Ultimatum by MrGlobe(m): 2:34pm On Apr 30, 2013
wirinet:

Which constitution are you talking about, i am sure it is not the Nigerian constitution, where elected officers including lawmakers have defected in the past without losing their seat.

So you are saying the new constitution says a party chairman can just declare a seat vacant and voila, an elected officer loses his seat. no need for recall.
This is why I said most of you on nairaland are empty heads better fit to sell only Amala. You didn't know the constitution has been reviewed and updated especially the electoral reform. Go find out what happened to Senator Boroface from ondo state when he tried to cross carpet from LP to ACN
Re: Rivers PDP Suspends 27 Pro-Amaechi Lawmakers, Gives Amaechi 48 Hrs Ultimatum by Rhino5dm: 2:35pm On Apr 30, 2013
superbloke:
I've got to say, this is the dumbest thing i've read on nairaland. No offence grin grin grin

That guy is annoyingly too slow. Pay no attention to the squirrel
Re: Rivers PDP Suspends 27 Pro-Amaechi Lawmakers, Gives Amaechi 48 Hrs Ultimatum by kasiem(m): 2:41pm On Apr 30, 2013
Omo_Tier1: Stupidity! When did the constitution empower a party state chairman to sack serving House of Assembly members
man, this is a political question so the constitution and court don't have any jurisdiction here
Re: Rivers PDP Suspends 27 Pro-Amaechi Lawmakers, Gives Amaechi 48 Hrs Ultimatum by MrGlobe(m): 2:42pm On Apr 30, 2013
ccwizard:

you don't need the gods to tell you the fool is a Yoruba element only supporting Amaechi because his party Amala People's Congress wants to take over from GEJ in 2015 which is impossible. If he wants to know Felix Amaechi Obuah, let him go to the PDP Secretariat in PH and ask who is in charge. The same Felix that his large supporters brought rivers airport to a standstill when he returned from Abuja

1 Like

Re: Rivers PDP Suspends 27 Pro-Amaechi Lawmakers, Gives Amaechi 48 Hrs Ultimatum by MrGlobe(m): 2:44pm On Apr 30, 2013
nuclearboy:

Worst scenario EVER!

What stops Amaechi from then "allowing" APC win all seats and control Rivers?
I guess Amaechi can influence Inec more than FG? cheesy you jokers amaze me.

1 Like

Re: Rivers PDP Suspends 27 Pro-Amaechi Lawmakers, Gives Amaechi 48 Hrs Ultimatum by Olaolufred(m): 2:45pm On Apr 30, 2013
figment232: But it is illegal and unconstitutional for Amaechi to remove a duly elected Local gvt chairman by FIAT

IF IT IS DONE THROUGH THE STATE ASSEMBLY, THEN IT WILL STAND EVEN THOUGH IT IS WRONG.
THE ONLY PEOPLE JONATHAN CAN USE AGAINST AMAECHI IS STATE ASSEMBLY.
IF NOT, HE WOULD HAVE ONLY SCATTER THE DESTINY OF PDP IN RIVERS STATE.
THEN OGUN STATE SCENARIO WILL PLAY AGAIN.
SO FAR, RIVERS PDP MAY NEVER SUPPORT JONA 100% AGAIN.
THEN THE CHARADE OF 101% VOTE IN 2011 WILL NO LONGER PLAY IN RIVERS.
Re: Rivers PDP Suspends 27 Pro-Amaechi Lawmakers, Gives Amaechi 48 Hrs Ultimatum by chukel(m): 2:48pm On Apr 30, 2013
I am no supporter of amaechi or jonathan. It baffles me hw pple for once in their life refuse to see things objectively. My question still remains- pls can these GEJ supporters just list out amaechi's sins. Is jonathan God? Is he infallible? So he can't be criticised? Dat is the problem with nigerians. One good thing is dat everyone gets paid in his coin. Amaechi is on d receiving side today. Yesterday, he was d one doling out the treatment. Tomorrow will be jonathan's turn. Again these chaps ranting for jonathan here think they can twist the constitution and use it anyhw dy want. Nigeria has passed dat level. Jonathan ignorantly is destroying his 2nd term bid. For those of u hard die supporters of jonathan, if u really luv him, u wud advise him to try and deliver the dividends of democracy nd stem down corruption. Dat way, oppostion from the north and amaechi will just die a natural death
Re: Rivers PDP Suspends 27 Pro-Amaechi Lawmakers, Gives Amaechi 48 Hrs Ultimatum by MrGlobe(m): 2:49pm On Apr 30, 2013
Olaolufred:

IF IT IS DONE THROUGH THE STATE ASSEMBLY, THEN IT WILL STAND EVEN THOUGH IT IS WRONG.
THE ONLY PEOPLE JONATHAN CAN USE AGAINST AMAECHI IS STATE ASSEMBLY.
IF NOT, HE WOULD HAVE ONLY SCATTER THE DESTINY OF PDP IN RIVERS STATE.
THEN OGUN STATE SCENARIO WILL PLAY AGAIN.
SO FAR, RIVERS PDP MAY NEVER SUPPORT JONA 100% AGAIN.
THEN THE CHARADE OF 101% VOTE IN 2011 WILL NO LONGER PLAY IN RIVERS.
you are a dumbass. typing in all caps will not help your posts to be meaningful too
Re: Rivers PDP Suspends 27 Pro-Amaechi Lawmakers, Gives Amaechi 48 Hrs Ultimatum by kross01(m): 2:56pm On Apr 30, 2013
thinking back i could remember the supreme court's judgement that brought amaechi unto power, which ordered his immediate swearing in as the governor of the state, basing their ruling on the fact that the constitution only recognises political parties in elections and not the candidates paraded by the parties. If going by that judgement & looking at wat is presently unfolding, if amaechi leaves pdp or gets expelled, wont the seat be declared vacant since the supreme courts interpretation means the seat was voted to pdp & not amaechi?
Re: Rivers PDP Suspends 27 Pro-Amaechi Lawmakers, Gives Amaechi 48 Hrs Ultimatum by wirinet(m): 2:59pm On Apr 30, 2013
figment232: But it is illegal and unconstitutional for Amaechi to remove a duly elected Local gvt chairman by FIAT

Yes o, my brother, i know it is illegal and unconstitutional to remove a duly elected chairman. But then all Governors in Nigeria treat the local government chairmen like houseboys, in fact worse than houseboys. So do not even bother to organize elections, like my state delta state. They just appoint and fire and reappoint chairmen at will, even though the constitution says the local government SHALL be governed by ELECTED representatives.

The local government chairmen are helpless, their funding is controlled by the governor, while the judiciary is also in the apron strings of the governor, so going to court is a waste of time. If the local government funds are independent of the governor, then the chairmen would be able to fight the governor.
Re: Rivers PDP Suspends 27 Pro-Amaechi Lawmakers, Gives Amaechi 48 Hrs Ultimatum by MrGlobe(m): 3:05pm On Apr 30, 2013
kross_01: thinking back i could remember the supreme court's judgement that brought amaechi unto power, which ordered his immediate swearing in as the governor of the state, basing their ruling on the fact that the constitution only recognises political parties in elections and not the candidates paraded by the parties. If going by that judgement & looking at wat is presently unfolding, if amaechi leaves pdp or gets expelled, wont the seat be declared vacant since the supreme courts interpretation means the seat was voted to pdp & not amaechi?
do you mind the fools on nairaland who type from their anus. The PDp chairman has given Amaechi 48hrs to explain the ownership of that jet. we will see how it will end up but unfortunately these APC folks gassing amaechi will be missing when he falls.
Re: Rivers PDP Suspends 27 Pro-Amaechi Lawmakers, Gives Amaechi 48 Hrs Ultimatum by Demdem(m): 3:05pm On Apr 30, 2013

And who told u he was removed by fiat. Please kindly shut up if u aren't on ground. angry
Re: Rivers PDP Suspends 27 Pro-Amaechi Lawmakers, Gives Amaechi 48 Hrs Ultimatum by Demdem(m): 3:12pm On Apr 30, 2013
kross_01: thinking back i could remember the supreme court's judgement that brought amaechi unto power, which ordered his immediate swearing in as the governor of the state, basing their ruling on the fact that the constitution only recognises political parties in elections and not the candidates paraded by the parties. If going by that judgement & looking at wat is presently unfolding, if amaechi leaves pdp or gets expelled, wont the seat be declared vacant since the supreme courts interpretation means the seat was voted to pdp & not amaechi?

If he leaves the killer party, he still remain the governor.
If he is expelled, he also remains the governor. There are precedence especially for the first scenario.
The constitution is clear in what should be done to remove a governor. Even when Obj wanted alams removed, he went through the house.
The house backed by Ake a factional pdp chairman who incidentally has much more supporters is for the governor. Amaechi isn't threatened at all. Deal with that.
Re: Rivers PDP Suspends 27 Pro-Amaechi Lawmakers, Gives Amaechi 48 Hrs Ultimatum by tomakint: 3:17pm On Apr 30, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Go ask Obasanjo, He will be the first to tell you that any state governor in Nigeria that can survive without Federal allocation, that state will send the presidency into a spiral down fall.

Amaech if He decide to use state machineries on the phantom PDP chairman, in less than 6 months, the chairman will be history. But as a learned lawyer, Amaechi has kept His cool. Let GEJ the drunkard continue to play His dirty politics, very little mercy will be shown to Him when the North will begin their fire works against Him come 2014.

As a South-Southern, I strongly hold the view that any credible individual from that region reserve the right to contest the Presidency. And indeed same goes for anyone from any part of Nigeria. GEJ is too intellectually deficient to be a local councilor and it is as though judgment has been visited upon Nigeria with His ascendant to the Presidency.
Indeed, you are a CERTIFIED DRUNKARD cheesy cheesy cheesy Go for a 'Breath Test' before you self destruct cheesy cheesy
Re: Rivers PDP Suspends 27 Pro-Amaechi Lawmakers, Gives Amaechi 48 Hrs Ultimatum by nuclearboy(m): 3:18pm On Apr 30, 2013
Mr. Globe:

No need for insults, Dude!

Amaechi is in charge there and just as GEJ cannot influence Lagos politics as much as Tinubu or Fashola can, so he cannot in Rivers!

I have NO interest anyway in their local politics in Rivers or PDP brouhahas. What simply amazes me is how GEJ is "arguing" with Amaechi publicly thus making them both to look like mates.

I expected more from a C-in-C than petty vindictive squabbling if indeed he considers Amaechi beneath him!
Re: Rivers PDP Suspends 27 Pro-Amaechi Lawmakers, Gives Amaechi 48 Hrs Ultimatum by tomakint: 3:20pm On Apr 30, 2013
Mr. Globe:

I tire for too many clowns these days! Many here underestimate the power of the President of Nigeria, when other African countries dread the power that comes with that POST! Imagine Amaechi to Jonathan, kai, hatred has changed the reasoning faculties of many clowns here!
Re: Rivers PDP Suspends 27 Pro-Amaechi Lawmakers, Gives Amaechi 48 Hrs Ultimatum by hardknockbroda(m): 3:25pm On Apr 30, 2013
Where is d love??
Re: Rivers PDP Suspends 27 Pro-Amaechi Lawmakers, Gives Amaechi 48 Hrs Ultimatum by kasiem(m): 3:27pm On Apr 30, 2013
nuclearboy:

No need for insults, Dude!

Amaechi is in charge there and just as GEJ cannot influence Lagos politics as much as Tinubu or Fashola can, so he cannot in Rivers!

I have NO interest anyway in their local politics in Rivers or PDP brouhahas. What simply amazes me is how GEJ is "arguing" with Amaechi publicly thus making them both to look like mates.

I expected more from a C-in-C than petty vindictive squabbling if indeed he considers Amaechi beneath him!
oh, u were surprised to see jonaactive not Jonathan as u people take him? But, why are u guys so concerned about jona loosing rivers support with d way his handling amaechi, I thought u guys are praying that he loses support by all means, and now the null prayer is coming to manifestation u guys are still panting? Is it not getting contradictory here?
Re: Rivers PDP Suspends 27 Pro-Amaechi Lawmakers, Gives Amaechi 48 Hrs Ultimatum by Bolan123: 3:31pm On Apr 30, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

That guy is annoyingly too slow. Pay no attention to the squirrel
U always like to claim who u are not. I thought u are a Yoruba man. How come u now decides who rules Rivers state.
Re: Rivers PDP Suspends 27 Pro-Amaechi Lawmakers, Gives Amaechi 48 Hrs Ultimatum by wirinet(m): 3:32pm On Apr 30, 2013
Mr. Globe:

This is why I said most of you on nairaland are empty heads better fit to sell only Amala. You didn't know the constitution has been reviewed and updated especially the electoral reform. Go find out what happened to Senator Boroface from ondo state when he tried to cross carpet from LP to ACN

Since your head is full and is fit to sell tastee fried chicken, why don't you quote the relevant sections of the constitution that says a party executive has powers to remove a legislature or an executive by declaring the suspension or expulsion of that officer
Re: Rivers PDP Suspends 27 Pro-Amaechi Lawmakers, Gives Amaechi 48 Hrs Ultimatum by Bolan123: 3:36pm On Apr 30, 2013
chukel: I am no supporter of amaechi or jonathan. It baffles me hw pple for once in their life refuse to see things objectively. My question still remains- pls can these GEJ supporters just list out amaechi's sins. Is jonathan God? Is he infallible? So he can't be criticised? Dat is the problem with nigerians. One good thing is dat everyone gets paid in his coin. Amaechi is on d receiving side today. Yesterday, he was d one doling out the treatment. Tomorrow will be jonathan's turn. Again these chaps ranting for jonathan here think they can twist the constitution and use it anyhw dy want. Nigeria has passed dat level. Jonathan ignorantly is destroying his 2nd term bid. For those of u hard die supporters of jonathan, if u really luv him, u wud advise him to try and deliver the dividends of democracy nd stem down corruption. Dat way, oppostion from the north and amaechi will just die a natural death
Stop being childish. Amechi want to take GEJ's job. Are u that dumb to know the problem?
Re: Rivers PDP Suspends 27 Pro-Amaechi Lawmakers, Gives Amaechi 48 Hrs Ultimatum by Bolan123: 3:43pm On Apr 30, 2013
For u clowns in here, just take it or leave it. by the time GEJ finishes with Amechi, Atiku's case will be better than his. He will soon become a political wanderer.
Re: Rivers PDP Suspends 27 Pro-Amaechi Lawmakers, Gives Amaechi 48 Hrs Ultimatum by nuclearboy(m): 3:44pm On Apr 30, 2013
kasiem: oh, u were surprised to see jonaactive not Jonathan as u people take him? But, why are u guys so concerned about jona loosing rivers support with d way his handling amaechi, I thought u guys are praying that he loses support by all means, and now the null prayer is coming to manifestation u guys are still panting? Is it not getting contradictory here?

I will treat you the way I expected the President to treat Amaechi and ignore you! You and your type are beneath me and arguing with such as you can only insult me.

Now, tell your C-in-C to respect himself and in same manner, ignore Amaechi. That is the way to honor

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

I’m Slow To Avoid Mistakes, Says Buhari / Dariye Diverted N1.126bn, Gave Atiku’s Firm N100m – Witness / Senate Stands By Resolution Calling For Babachir's Sack, Agrees To Screen Magu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.