Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,033 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

Rivers PDP Suspends 27 Pro-Amaechi Lawmakers, Gives Amaechi 48 Hrs Ultimatum - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers PDP Suspends 27 Pro-Amaechi Lawmakers, Gives Amaechi 48 Hrs Ultimatum (16564 Views)

Check Out This Pro Amaechi Banner. PICTURE. / Buhari Gives Amaechi, Dambazzau Key Roles At US Meetings / 25 Pro-amaechi Lawmakers Defect To APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers PDP Suspends 27 Pro-Amaechi Lawmakers, Gives Amaechi 48 Hrs Ultimatum by OmoTier1(m): 8:32pm On Apr 29, 2013
Billyonaire: Governor Amaechi will cease to be a member of the PDP within 48hrs because of anti-party activities. And he has explaining to do as to why a State Government Plane is registered under private name. This is an attempted Fraud as he intends to change name from "Bank of Utah" to his name in future. The PDP constitution empowers the State Chairman to suspend any member of the Party and the suspension will take immediate effect. As soon as Amaechi is suspended, he will automatically cease to function as Governor Forum Chairman as he will by law not be a member of PDP and without a party.

When a handshake crosses the elbow, no be joke again. Amaechi chose the wrong fight and needs to be taught lessons, that without the Gods and Government, a man is nothing. Let him go and ask Chimaroke Nnamani, about the aftermath of abuse of power, let him ask Ibori how he is fairing in prison, let him ask Alams and even Dimipreye. Has he forgotten Henry Okah ? He can equally ask Tunde Bakare why he ended the sermon on the mounts. Hhhahahahaha I love PDP. Amaechi is too small. GEJ does not even need to give instruction, people who wanna impress GEJ will mess Amaechi up. He who kneels before the MOG and humbles himself, are defended by even the angels and daemons.
Tunde Bakare end which sermon? Whom the demons wants to kill, they say will first make insane. I have said it, and I will repeat it, GEJ will be the first President of this democratic dispensation to be jailed. Mark these words.
Re: Rivers PDP Suspends 27 Pro-Amaechi Lawmakers, Gives Amaechi 48 Hrs Ultimatum by texaco1: 8:32pm On Apr 29, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
You must be a kid when Tinubu dealth with Obasanjo. Need I remind you that during the days of Ibori, as much as He was loathed for His massive looting of Delta state resources, when He raised up the issue of resource control, Obasanjo tried to shut Him in by making it difficult for Him to access the state allocation and History will tell you who had the last laugh.

make ur points and dont think u are the smartest here , tinubu belongs to a different party that was the only reason he could escape obj whip , all his assembly men were members of his party , and despite all that obj refused to released 17 billion to him even after the supreme court said he should do do , ibori never crossed obj path when obj was the president pls get ur facts right
once he loses his party support and structure that is the end of him that is why every gov tries to control his state party structure ,daniel had to push obj men out of the party structure to get his way in the party ,the party is the base support of any gov, ask ladoja they will tell you
Re: Rivers PDP Suspends 27 Pro-Amaechi Lawmakers, Gives Amaechi 48 Hrs Ultimatum by OmoTier1(m): 8:35pm On Apr 29, 2013
eGuerrilla:

He is involved alright.

There are objectives to be attained, and Amaechi's expected demise already has an in-tray called "collateral damages".

Okupe's interview...

As you rightly pointed out though, this latest battle-front may ultimately prove to be one too many for his beleaguered Presidency.
My brother, I am sure GEJ has forgotten the spirit of vengence Nigeria showed Obasanjo during His aborted attempt to force Himself on Nigerians for a third time.

If He is any wise, He would be focused at ensuring Nigerians witness good governance, determined leadership that seeks to bring simles and succor to their faces, no, instead He is chasing shadows.
Re: Rivers PDP Suspends 27 Pro-Amaechi Lawmakers, Gives Amaechi 48 Hrs Ultimatum by 2bosun: 8:35pm On Apr 29, 2013
texaco1:
look my brother , u cant blame gej , the earlier he deals with ameachi the better for him , not that ameachi is dangerous but he needs to use him as a scape goat to make other govs toe his line , if he allows ameachi to continue his arrogant nonsense he the president will lose his grip on the party structure , already most govs have started backing out and now they have started following gej

Yea I understand what Jonathan is trying to do but his cohorts are drawing the line too early; do you think Amaechi keeping quiet means he's weak? Amaechi seems popular in Rivers and you can NEVER underestimate popularity at the grassroot- Timipre Sylva didn't have that backing.

The core north (Tambuwal and maybe even Sambo) also seem to be behind Amaechi, so I think it's too early to make him a scape goat, remember the timing OBJ used with Atiku, Duke, Odili etc. in 07. Jonathan's advisers are giving Amaechi more than enough time to set contingency machinery in motion.

Jonathan should focus on delivering constant 16-18hrs/day of electricity (which is achievable). If he does this, he very easily wins come 2015.
Re: Rivers PDP Suspends 27 Pro-Amaechi Lawmakers, Gives Amaechi 48 Hrs Ultimatum by OmoTier1(m): 8:39pm On Apr 29, 2013
texaco1:
make ur points and dont think u are the smartest here , tinubu belongs to a different party that was the only reason he could escape obj whip , all his assembly men were members of his party , and despite all that obj refused to released 17 billion to him even after the supreme court said he should do do , ibori never crossed obj path when obj was the president pls get ur facts right
Please go back and study your country's recent history. You know little about the country you call your own. No wonder a Lebanese man can come into the country and make you lots slave in your own land.

Ask any body from Delta, S/He will educate you rightly Ibori's proxy war with Obasanjo during the resource control saga. Your reasoning on tinubu's epic struggle against Obasanjo shows you are ignorant of history.
Re: Rivers PDP Suspends 27 Pro-Amaechi Lawmakers, Gives Amaechi 48 Hrs Ultimatum by texaco1: 8:40pm On Apr 29, 2013
2bosun:

Yea I understand what Jonathan is trying to do but his cohorts are drawing the line to early; do you think Amaechi keeping quiet means he's weak? Amaechi seems popular in Rivers and you can NEVER underestimate popularity at the grassroot- Timipre Sylva didn't have that backing.

The core north (Tambuwal and maybe even Sambo) also seem to be behind Amaechi, so I think it's too early to make him a scape goat, remember the timing OBJ used with Atiku, Duke, Odili etc. in 07. Jonathan's advisers are giving Amaechi more than enough time to set contingency machinery in motion.

Jonathan should focus on delivering constant 16-18hrs/day of electricity (which is achievable). If he does this, he very easily wins come 2015 I bet.
my guy this is nigeria , no gov and i repeat no gov will support ameachi against the president , he will avoided like a leper believe me , he will be left all alone . who tells u the northern heirachy is against gej ?my brother just wait and see , havent u noticed that obj is no longer talking ?
my brother we are talking about THE PRESIDENT AND COMMANDER IN CHIEF HERE , ppl need to understand that he controls everything , he dictates who get anything
Re: Rivers PDP Suspends 27 Pro-Amaechi Lawmakers, Gives Amaechi 48 Hrs Ultimatum by OmoTier1(m): 8:41pm On Apr 29, 2013
texaco1:
once he loses his party support and structure that is the end of him that is why every gov tries to control his state party structure ,daniel had to push obj men out of the party structure to get his way in the party ,the party is the base support of any gov, ask ladoja they will tell you
Looses which party support? THE PEOPLE OF RIVERS STATE is the base support of Amaechi not any useless party. Same goes with Oshiomhole. The day Amaechi decides to use state machineries to weaken PDP in Rivers State and strengthen the opposition, that day you would realize that the governor of a state that delivers to His people what they desire cannot be intimidated by whittled 'gods' of the creek.
Re: Rivers PDP Suspends 27 Pro-Amaechi Lawmakers, Gives Amaechi 48 Hrs Ultimatum by Nobody: 8:42pm On Apr 29, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
My brother, I am sure GEJ has forgotten the spirit of vengence Nigeria showed Obasanjo during His aborted attempt to force Himself on Nigerians for a third time.

If He is any wise, He would be focused at ensuring Nigerians witness good governance, determined leadership that seeks to bring simles and succor to their faces, no, instead He is chasing shadows.

To be honest @Omo_Tier1, harbouring such expectations is akin to squeezing blood from a stone.
In spite of what some would have us believe on these boards, I am afraid Mr President's antecedents provide no indication he is capable of good governance or determined leadership.
Re: Rivers PDP Suspends 27 Pro-Amaechi Lawmakers, Gives Amaechi 48 Hrs Ultimatum by texaco1: 8:45pm On Apr 29, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Looses which party support? THE PEOPLE OF RIVERS STATE is the base support of Amaechi not any useless party. Same goes with Oshiomhole. The day Amaechi decides to use state machineries to weaken PDP in Rivers State and strengthen the opposition, that day you would realize that the governor of a state that delivers to His people what they desire cannot be intimidated by whittled 'gods' of the creek.
then he should have contested under another party and if he thinks he is popular let him decamp to another party and let the people of rivers state go and stop proceedings when he is about to be impeached

2 Likes

Re: Rivers PDP Suspends 27 Pro-Amaechi Lawmakers, Gives Amaechi 48 Hrs Ultimatum by OmoTier1(m): 8:46pm On Apr 29, 2013
texaco1:
my guy this is nigeria , no gov and i repeat no gov will support ameachi against the president , he will avoided like a leper believe me , he will be left all alone . who tells u the northern heirachy is against gej ?my brother just wait and see , havent u noticed that obj is no longer talking |?
Honesty better to wallow in ignorant and realize so than live in fool's paradise and claim to be wise. There is no doubt that the epic battle that awaits GEJ come 2014 will be from the north! Any close watcher or active participant in Nigeria political landscape knows clearly that it is only the rallying cries of Nigerians that will save GEJ from the onslaught, low and behold, He has turned Himself against the masses with His anti-people policies.

Common sense should dictate to GEJ that Amaechi has absolutely nothing loose in the childish game and GEJ's image is being tarnish and ridiculed locally and majorly internationally day after day!
Re: Rivers PDP Suspends 27 Pro-Amaechi Lawmakers, Gives Amaechi 48 Hrs Ultimatum by texaco1: 8:46pm On Apr 29, 2013
it seems u dont follow the g ame on ground , dont rely on nairaland for political analysis .the game is play outside . nairaland is just fantasy , the real game is played out there

2 Likes

Re: Rivers PDP Suspends 27 Pro-Amaechi Lawmakers, Gives Amaechi 48 Hrs Ultimatum by Nobody: 8:46pm On Apr 29, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Tunde Bakare end which sermon? Whom the demons wants to kill, they say will first make insane. I have said it, and I will repeat it, GEJ will be the first President of this democratic dispensation to be jailed. Mark these words.
The problem you have is using emotions on issues. What PDP Chairman does is inline with PDP Constitution. We are waiting for Amaechi and his House of Assembly members to form a new faction of PDP and go to court, and the court will rule against them, making them political persona non grata. Before then he will lose in Governors Forum. The handwriting is on the wall. Right now, the best for him to do, is kneel down and beg for forgiveness, and I mean it when I say, Kneel Down and beg PDP.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers PDP Suspends 27 Pro-Amaechi Lawmakers, Gives Amaechi 48 Hrs Ultimatum by OmoTier1(m): 8:49pm On Apr 29, 2013
eGuerrilla:

To be honest @Omo_Tier1, harbouring such expectations is akin to squeezing blood from a stone.
In spite of what some would have us believe on these boards, I am afraid Mr President's antecedents provide no indication he is capable of good governance or determined leadership.
MY brother that is what pains me the most! Nigerians are wallowing in abject poverty, hoping that for once, a man who claimed to be learned, told them HE was one of them would truly live up that their expectation. That all seems to be a dream never to come true. It is painful indeed.

I visited Nigeria during the elections, and I remember when I queued up to vote, the lady behind me gladly asked, who are you voting for? I hope say na the man whey no get shoes you go vote for? The police officer also tried to intimidate me by asking who I was voting for? If only I could see the faces of those two individuals today!
Re: Rivers PDP Suspends 27 Pro-Amaechi Lawmakers, Gives Amaechi 48 Hrs Ultimatum by Nobody: 8:51pm On Apr 29, 2013
@billyonaire, u dey yarn o. He who kneels before the MOG and humbles himself, is defended by even the angels and demons.
Re: Rivers PDP Suspends 27 Pro-Amaechi Lawmakers, Gives Amaechi 48 Hrs Ultimatum by OmoTier1(m): 8:51pm On Apr 29, 2013
texaco1:
then he should have contested under another party and if he thinks he is popular let him decamp to another party and let the people of rivers state go and stop proceedings when he is about to be impeached
Contest under another party for which elections? As for the Presidency, all Presidential aspirant to date apart from GEJ have left their options wild open. Any party that offers a very good chance of muscling out GEJ from Aso rock will be their haven.

Amaechi's popularity in Rivers to any grass root person can only be under estimated by a political neophyte.
Re: Rivers PDP Suspends 27 Pro-Amaechi Lawmakers, Gives Amaechi 48 Hrs Ultimatum by OmoTier1(m): 8:56pm On Apr 29, 2013
Billyonaire: The problem you have is using emotions on issues. What PDP Chairman does is inline with PDP Constitution. We are waiting for Amaechi and his House of Assembly members to form a new faction of PDP and go to court, and the court will rule against them, making them political persona non grata. Before then he will lose in Governors Forum. The handwriting is on the wall. Right now, the best for him to do, is kneel down and beg for forgiveness, and I mean it when I say, Kneel Down and beg PDP.
Need I remind you of the Igbinedion, Anenih and Ogemudia factions of PDP in Edo State? Who had the last laugh? What is not Igbinedion whose son broaden the base of the opposition, created the divide in PDP and made them never to know peace. Today PDP is History as far as Edo State is concerned.

Only a political neophyte will under estimate the power of a grass root governor who is very popular amongst the ordinary man on the street. Clearly, feelers from every corner of Rivers state since GEJ's began His childish pursuit of Amaechi's shadows clearly shows you how strong Amaechi's base is in Rivers.

Ask yourself, whose will be the ultimate looser? GEJ who History will remember they way many remember Obasanjo and His madness during the third term imbroglio or Amaechi with His evident infrstructural development towering every part of Rivers State?
Re: Rivers PDP Suspends 27 Pro-Amaechi Lawmakers, Gives Amaechi 48 Hrs Ultimatum by Nobody: 8:58pm On Apr 29, 2013
obakovich: @billyonaire, u dey yarn o. He who kneels before the MOG and humbles himself, is defended by even the angels and demons.
Yes oh my brother. Have you not read in that Holy Book that Satan took instruction from God to torture Job ? It is what it is oh. We will be here and we are watching how a State Governor ignores his duty to keep wrestling the Presidency on Sovereign Wealth Funds and Foreign Reserve. He wanted the SWF shared amongst state governors so they can buy more jets with State funds and register in private names. Amaechi also refused to update the planes records. None of these accusations are framed. These are facts!

1 Like

Re: Rivers PDP Suspends 27 Pro-Amaechi Lawmakers, Gives Amaechi 48 Hrs Ultimatum by FrankC3: 9:01pm On Apr 29, 2013
Can anyone just notice how 'Gov Amaechi of the killer party and useless PDP' has been credited of building the 'best primary, post primary and medical institutions in Nigeria through his focused and visionary leadership'. Can anyone also notice @Rhino and Omo_Tier just become Rivers indigenes and how Amaechi of PDP just become the best thing since sliced bread? I think i also noticed a tone that suggest that known ACN e-warriors wants GEJ to leave Amaechi alone so that he can continue his good works in Rivers State. These clowns really care soooo much about PDP that they want Amaechi to succeed, Amaechi of 'the killer party'. And anyone notice a similar tone as when Sylva story was developing? Anyway, Henry Orkar also became a hero when he stood against GEJ. Abati, NOI and Ribadu became demons when they took up appointment to serve under GEJ and Ribadu became a hero again when he disagreed with GEJ. I can assure you, Buhari can also become a devil if he dare support any of GEJ's policies...
These are the clowns presenting themselves as opposition. Henry Orkar and Sylva were hailed by these same clowns and today, they are caged and the cheering has moved on to Amaechi. When the cloud clears, they will still give him the Sylva treatment.

@topic
it is only a foool that picks a fight with a sitting President. I thought Amaechi knew better. If 5% of federal might is deployed by Gulak against Amaechi, he is gone. Watch this space, if he continues his stuuupidity, he will be sacked from the PDP and run a lone cat in the jungles of SS surrounded by red eyed wolves both in the creeks and the plains who will want him totally finished for some of their own personal interest. You don't challenge a strong man to a fight in his backyard. Amaechi is challenging the President and he is not even pretending about it. How on earth is he regarded as a politician?

4 Likes

Re: Rivers PDP Suspends 27 Pro-Amaechi Lawmakers, Gives Amaechi 48 Hrs Ultimatum by OmoTier1(m): 9:04pm On Apr 29, 2013
Billyonaire: Yes oh my brother. Have you not read in that Holy Book that Satan took instruction from God to torture Job ? It is what it is oh. We will be here and we are watching how a State Governor ignores his duty to keep wrestling the Presidency on Sovereign Wealth Funds and Foreign Reserve. He wanted the SWF shared amongst state governors so they can buy more jets with State funds and register in private names. Amaechi also refused to update the planes records. None of these accusations are framed. These are facts!
Tell me, what has GEJ achieved with the so called SWF? Is GEJ not planning of borrowing $9bn.. I mean $9bn allegedly to fund the budget? If by the constitution the States are not servant the federal government, should they not be allowed to decide how they spend their money and save it likewise? Why should the Federal government be deducting at source what is meant for the states and at the end the whole money varnishes like a nail varnishing polish
Re: Rivers PDP Suspends 27 Pro-Amaechi Lawmakers, Gives Amaechi 48 Hrs Ultimatum by Nobody: 9:07pm On Apr 29, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Need I remind you of the Igbinedion, Anenih and Ogemudia factions of PDP in Edo State? Who had the last laugh? What is not Igbinedion whose son broaden the base of the opposition, created the divide in PDP and made them never to know peace. Today PDP is History as far as Edo State is concerned.

Only a political neophyte will under estimate the power of a grass root governor who is very popular amongst the ordinary man on the street. Clearly, feelers from every corner of Rivers state since GEJ's began His childish pursuit of Amaechi's shadows clearly shows you how strong Amaechi's base is in Rivers.

Ask yourself, whose will be the ultimate looser? GEJ who History will remember they way many remember Obasanjo and His madness during the third term imbroglio or Amaechi with His evident infrstructural development towering every part of Rivers State?

I will chose to ignore the issue of Amaechi's popularity in Rivers State because his offenses are not related to the good people of Rivers State. Let's work with facts as pertains Amaechi's anti-party activities. His offenses are clear and visible and none is framed.

Governors Forum was, and should be Peer Review Mechanism until Amaechi turned it into Presidency Review Mechanism, so instead of Governors meeting to brainstorm on how to improve their respected states, Amaechi focussed on sharing of Oil Wealth to States and undermine the powers of the Presidency at every given occasion. Its like he wanted to take over the job of the Legislature and also act as opposition party when indeed he is a member of PDP. I do not think there is need to wait for 48hrs to suspend Amaechi. The PDP Chairman under the PDP Constitution is legally empowered to suspend ANY member. We need Amaechi to go join APC so we know he is an opposition, no one needs him in the PDP, he can equally go with his 'mammoth' supporters.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers PDP Suspends 27 Pro-Amaechi Lawmakers, Gives Amaechi 48 Hrs Ultimatum by OmoTier1(m): 9:08pm On Apr 29, 2013
Frank-C:
Can anyone just notice how 'Gov Amaechi of the killer party and useless PDP' has been credited of building the 'best primary, post primary and medical institutions in Nigeria through his focused and visionary leadership'. Can anyone also notice @Rhino and Omo_Tier just become Rivers indigenes and how Amaechi of PDP just become the best thing since sliced bread? I think i also noticed a tone that suggest that known ACN e-warriors wants GEJ to leave Amaechi alone so that he can continue his good works in Rivers State. These clowns really care soooo much about PDP that they want Amaechi to succeed, Amaechi of 'the killer party'. And anyone notice a similar tone as when Sylva story was developing? Anyway, Henry Orkar also became a hero when he stood against GEJ. Abati, NOI and Ribadu became demons when they took up appointment to serve under GEJ and Ribadu became a hero again when he disagreed with GEJ. I can assure you, Buhari can also become a devil if he dare support any of GEJ's policies...
These are the clowns presenting themselves as opposition. Henry Orkar and Sylva were hailed by these same clowns and today, they are caged and the cheering has moved on to Amaechi. When the cloud clears, they will still give him the Sylva treatment.

@topic
it is only a foool that picks a fight with a sitting President. I thought Amaechi knew better. If 5% of federal might is deployed by Gulak against Amaechi, he is gone. Watch this space, if he continues his stuuupidity, he will be sacked from the PDP and run a lone cat in the jungles of SS surrounded by red eyed wolves both in the creeks and the plains who will want him totally finished for some of their own personal interest. You don't challenge a strong man to a fight in his backyard. Amaechi is challenging the President and he is not even pretending about it. How on earth is he regarded as a politician?
FYI, as someone who hails from an opposition controlled state, Amaechi's school models have always been used as a reference to our governor and no doubt, what Amaechi has put on ground in terms of school is a model every state should emulate IF THEY HAVE THE MONEY. Health wise, it is a fact that He has built some of the hospitals so many states wish they have.

Amaechi's strides in leadership despite His party affiliation has always endeared Him to many who have been opportuned to under study Him for some time. Yes, liek every politicians He has His short comings, but He has put on ground what will continue to sustain rivers state for some years to come. Just like the architect of modern cross river state did in His time.
Re: Rivers PDP Suspends 27 Pro-Amaechi Lawmakers, Gives Amaechi 48 Hrs Ultimatum by Nobody: 9:10pm On Apr 29, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Tell me, what has GEJ achieved with the so called SWF? Is GEJ not planning of borrowing $9bn.. I mean $9bn allegedly to fund the budget? If by the constitution the States are not servant the federal government, should they not be allowed to decide how they spend their money and save it likewise? Why should the Federal government be deducting at source what is meant for the states and at the end the whole money varnishes like a nail varnishing polish
The next time you visit Nigeria, you will be able to see those changes, right now, you are chatting from a remote country and there is no way I can go out there and do the job of video recording for you to see. You need to do that for yourself. That is outside the discourse of this thread so lets focus on the thread.
Re: Rivers PDP Suspends 27 Pro-Amaechi Lawmakers, Gives Amaechi 48 Hrs Ultimatum by OmoTier1(m): 9:13pm On Apr 29, 2013
Billyonaire:

I will chose to ignore the issue of Amaechi's popularity in Rivers State because his offenses are not related to the good people of Rivers State. Let's work with facts as pertains Amaechi's anti-party activities. His offenses are clear and visible and none is framed.

Governors Forum was, and should be Peer Review Mechanism until Amaechi turned it into Presidency Review Mechanism, so instead of Governors meeting to brainstorm on how to improve their respected states, Amaechi focussed on sharing of Oil Wealth to States and undermine the powers of the Presidency at every given occasion. Its like he wanted to take over the job of the Legislature and also act as opposition party when indeed he is a member of PDP. I do not think there is need to wait for 48hrs to suspend Amaechi. The PDP Chairman under the PDP Constitution is legally empowered to suspend ANY member. We need Amaechi to go join APC so we know he is an opposition, no one needs him in the PDP, he can equally go with his 'mammoth' supporters.
How do you improve your respective states when clearly you see what is due to you and another continues to steal from it and uses it to enrich His croonies? Amaechi is too wise to leave PDP. He will remain so and if this crisis continue, He will keep His calm and decimate the party's fortune from within. That is how smart people play politics and that was the grave mistake Atiku made.

As for suspension, there is no where in the constitution of the PDP the party chairman can suspend any individual nay an elected governor without a committee of the whole establishing gross anti-party activities against Him. Even those in the Presidency will be bewildered by the clannish and immature political posturing of the phantom PDP chairman.
Re: Rivers PDP Suspends 27 Pro-Amaechi Lawmakers, Gives Amaechi 48 Hrs Ultimatum by OmoTier1(m): 9:15pm On Apr 29, 2013
Billyonaire: The next time you visit Nigeria, you will be able to see those changes, right now, you are chatting from a remote country and there is no way I can go out there and do the job of video recording for you to see. You need to do that for yourself. That is outside the discourse of this thread so lets focus on the thread.
FYI, and you must have noticed from my comments on several threads, I am not stranger to Nigeria and I tour the country at will. I do not need a propagandist like yourself to show me doctored videos. We know and do visit to see those places that are witnessing good governance with hope of positive impact of democracy.
Re: Rivers PDP Suspends 27 Pro-Amaechi Lawmakers, Gives Amaechi 48 Hrs Ultimatum by teskyg: 9:16pm On Apr 29, 2013
The same set of people pushing Silva those days are still here urging Ameachi to his grave.People like Babangida Aliyu and Lamido nursing ambition are smart to remain silent after their real friends advised them on what lies in store for them.

Ameachi will soon be in handcuff and some of you here will cover your faces in shame.Its pathetic to note that Ameachi is blind by his ill gotten wealth.for someone of you that said Ameachi is smart,pls,explain to us why a smart Ameachi will registered a Jet bought with Rivers Tax payers money iwith a private organisation.EFCCC has been given a lead to begin work on.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers PDP Suspends 27 Pro-Amaechi Lawmakers, Gives Amaechi 48 Hrs Ultimatum by Dedetwo(m): 9:19pm On Apr 29, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Stop displaying your stupidity in a public forum. During the creation of LCDA in Lagos, your nonsensical reasoning was tested in the courts of law all the way to appeal courts and the learned judges categorically denounced it and made it so clear that Nigeria does not have three federating units as your shallow mind incorrectly phantomed. Please kindly go educate yourself on Nigeria's recent History and stop displaying your ignorance on here. angry

You are surely ill-educated and it shows. Because a certain judge allegedly made a pronouncement and a dingbat such as you believed such pronouncement is a constitutional amendment. If you believe this crap then you are a bigger fool than I thought.
I am not surprise that fellows such Fashola and many governors alike are addressed as lawyers talk less SAN.

Again, 1999 Nigerian Constitution via First Schedule Part I defined the “State of the Federation of Nigeria”. It went further on Part II via Concurrent Legislative List to talk about division of public revenue.
Re: Rivers PDP Suspends 27 Pro-Amaechi Lawmakers, Gives Amaechi 48 Hrs Ultimatum by taharqa: 9:21pm On Apr 29, 2013
Frank-C:
[b]Can anyone just notice how 'Gov Amaechi of the killer party and useless PDP' has been credited of building the 'best primary, post primary and medical institutions in Nigeria through his focused and visionary leadership'. Can anyone also notice @Rhino and Omo_Tier just become Rivers indigenes and how Amaechi of PDP just become the best thing since sliced bread? I think i also noticed a tone that suggest that known ACN e-warriors wants GEJ to leave Amaechi alone so that he can continue his good works in Rivers State. These clowns really care soooo much about PDP that they want Amaechi to succeed, Amaechi of 'the killer party'. And anyone notice a similar tone as when Sylva story was developing? Anyway, Henry Orkar also became a hero when he stood against GEJ. Abati, NOI and Ribadu became demons when they took up appointment to serve under GEJ and Ribadu became a hero again when he disagreed with GEJ. I can assure you, Buhari can also become a devil if he dare support any of GEJ's policies...
These are the clowns presenting themselves as opposition. Henry Orkar and Sylva were hailed by these same clowns and today, they are caged and the cheering has moved on to Amaechi. When the cloud clears, they will still give him the Sylva treatment[/b].

@topic

Bros, I am reading this Thread and just LAUGHING...I read your Comment and I laugh more

...I still dey Laugh. Little KIDS dem they 'analyse'.
Re: Rivers PDP Suspends 27 Pro-Amaechi Lawmakers, Gives Amaechi 48 Hrs Ultimatum by FrankC3: 9:23pm On Apr 29, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
FYI, as someone who hails from an opposition controlled state, Amaechi's school models have always been used as a reference to our governor and no doubt, what Amaechi has put on ground in terms of school is a model every state should emulate IF THEY HAVE THE MONEY. Health wise, it is a fact that He has built some of the hospitals so many states wish they have.

Amaechi's strides in leadership despite His party affiliation has always endeared Him to many who have been opportuned to under study Him for some time. Yes, liek every politicians He has His short comings, but He has put on ground what will continue to sustain rivers state for some years to come. Just like the architect of modern cross river state did in His time.
not disputing any of Amaechi's achievements, how do you know these things? I thought you are in the UK? How do you know that the schools are being studied as models and please, tell us who is studying them.
Please, help me understand your interest in a PDP governor that takes a position against a PDP president and is about to get disciplined. You have been all over this thread typing epistles, please, bebold an declare what your interests are. You guys want to 'outsource' opposition to a PDP governor too?

1 Like

Re: Rivers PDP Suspends 27 Pro-Amaechi Lawmakers, Gives Amaechi 48 Hrs Ultimatum by Nobody: 9:23pm On Apr 29, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
How do you improve your respective states when clearly you see what is due to you and another continues to steal from it and uses it to enrich His croonies? Amaechi is too wise to leave PDP. He will remain so and if this crisis continue, He will keep His calm and decimate the party's fortune from within. That is how smart people play politics and that was the grave mistake Atiku made.

As for suspension, there is no where in the constitution of the PDP the party chairman can suspend any individual nay an elected governor without a committee of the whole establishing gross anti-party activities against Him. Even those in the Presidency will be bewildered by the clannish and immature political posturing of the phantom PDP chairman.

First off, you are wrong about your first paragraph, The Revenue Allocation Formula (RAF) has not been disobeyed and Amaechi is not the only State Governor in the Oil Producing States (OPS), so you see where you are wrong. Amaechi has no powers to question the Presidency on the SWF and FR, if he feels uncomfortable, he has Constituency Representatives in both Houses of Legislatures to channel such issues. Let's discuss this within the ambiance of law and NOT common sense.

You clearly are not a member of the PDP so I doubt if you have a copy of PDP constitution. If and When Amaechi is suspended, then the next stage will be played and I can assure you, he will be humbled for ever. PDP is a very organized party and the structures of the PDP constitution has solution to all misdemeanors.

1 Like

Re: Rivers PDP Suspends 27 Pro-Amaechi Lawmakers, Gives Amaechi 48 Hrs Ultimatum by OmoTier1(m): 9:25pm On Apr 29, 2013
Dedetwo:

You are surely ill-educated and it shows. Because a certain judge allegedly made a pronouncement and a dingbat such as you believed such pronouncement is a constitutional amendment. If you believe this crap then you are a bigger fool than I thought.
I am not surprise that fellows such Fashola and many governors alike are addressed as lawyers talk less SAN.

Again, 1999 Nigerian Constitution via First Schedule Part I defined the “State of the Federation of Nigeria”. It went further on Part II via Concurrent Legislative List to talk about division of public revenue.
You are the worse of all to be most pitied! If you do not know, when a judge of a court of competent jurisdiction makes a point of law on a constitutional matter, in so far that point of law is not challenged at a higher and competent court of Appeal of Appellate jurisdiction, that point of law sets precedence and becomes the law guiding the interpretation of the constitution until such a time the National Assembly amends the constitution forthwith.

I repeat, your nosensical reasoning has be divulged by a competent court of jurisdiction, so I conclude, so I submit that you no wiser than the learned judges who not once but twice clearly made pronouncement affirming the rightness of what was carried out in Lagos State.

1 Like

Re: Rivers PDP Suspends 27 Pro-Amaechi Lawmakers, Gives Amaechi 48 Hrs Ultimatum by taharqa: 9:31pm On Apr 29, 2013
Omo_Tier1:

Hey, hey: just keep doing your 'analysis' on politics (if that's what whatever you are doing is called); STEER CLEAR of matters that you know nothing about. QUIT toying with FACTS and spurning bare-faced LIES. Abeg

1 Like

Re: Rivers PDP Suspends 27 Pro-Amaechi Lawmakers, Gives Amaechi 48 Hrs Ultimatum by texaco1: 9:31pm On Apr 29, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Contest under another party for which elections? As for the Presidency, all Presidential aspirant to date apart from GEJ have left their options wild open. Any party that offers a very good chance of muscling out GEJ from Aso rock will be their haven.

Amaechi's popularity in Rivers to any grass root person can only be under estimated by a political neophyte.
who tells u tht amechi is popular in his state?wasnt ladoja popular in oyo state when he was impeached with less that two third of the assembly?what about dariye impeachment ?just like u said u dont live in nigeria nd u arent a politician ,because if u are u will know that the hand writting is clear for amechi to read.which opinion pollss did u conduct that shows u that ameachi is popular?have u gone to the grass root to talk to pdp ward members about him ?i guess u are relying on nairaland political fantasy section to know what is going on?do u know how many memberss of ameachi aides and commisioners are been quized daily by the efcc? my guy ,just stay for ur oyinbo land and enjoy ur hmburger while we play the game .

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Reps Take Delivery Of N3.6bn Cars / Bode George To Okowa: Make Amends With Ibori, Your Leader / Poverty Not A Shameful Thing But Nigeria Must Dig Itself Out, Says Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.