Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:42 PM

How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! (54502 Views)

Revealed: Abiola Ajimobi Instigated His Colleagues To Stop The Payment Of N18,00 / IBB Endorses Muhammadu Buhari For President - SaharaReporters / Major Nzeogwu And His Colleagues Tried A Revolution In 1966- Tunji Braithwaite (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by Nobody: 2:56am On May 08, 2013
Baseless story.

Clearly the forty laptop crew is trying they best to ensure that Buhari does not tackle corruption
Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by dinggle: 3:08am On May 08, 2013
If GEJ had perform not body will mention Buhari, the fact that you guys are even talking about Buhari is a confirmation of GEJ failures. How many Igbos died under the watchful eyes of GEJ, how many Christians? how many muslims? how many families did he compensate for his in ability to protect their loved ones? how many apologies did he give? how many Nigerians are suffering as a result of the 2012 senseless fuel increment?
Now Nigerians have tasted the shoeless man, we need a man with golden shoes!
2015 is will not pitch GEJ vs Buhari, rather it is gonna be GEJ vs Nigerians! period.

3 Likes

Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by ceejay4real(m): 3:13am On May 08, 2013
My dear fellow Compatriots, lets ask ourselves a question. Were the Northern Officers and Soldiers justified 2 murder close to 400 Igbo Officers & Men of the Nigerian Army on the 29th of July, 1966? Afterall, Major Chukwuma Kaduna Nzeogwu & co only killed 8 Military Officers and 4 politicians on the 15th of January earlier in the same year, totalling 12 people in all. To keep the records straight, the 12 victims are as follows: Sir Ahmadu Bello (North), Sir Tafawa Belewa (North), Chief Ladoke Akintola (West), Chief Festus Okotie - Eboh (Midwest), Brig. Samuel Ademulegun(West), Brig. Zakariya Maimalari(North), Col Kur Muhammed(North), Col Robert Shodeinde (West), Lt. Col Abogo Largema(East), Lt. Col Arthur Unegbe(East), Lt. Col Yakubu Pam (North) & Major Sam Adegoke(West). Even the East had a ''fair share'' of the dead. I may dare say that what happened under Nzeogwu's command was a bloodbath but by no means a massacre not to talk of being a planned annihiliation of politicians & members of the Armed Forces 4rm a certain section of the country or Ethnic group by the Igbos! We should pls reason like patriots here and not bigots. The British Imperialists and the Northern Oligarchy (hegemonists) were behind d false & misguided rumours abt Maj. Nzeogwu's motives just 2 make sure Gen. J. T. U. Aguiyi-Ironsi was deposed asap and replaced by a Northern Head of State so as to foster d Northern Agenda. OK, lets assume d Northern Officers were justified killing hundreds of their colleagues in cold blood, were the Pogroms (against civilians) of 1966 and Genocidal war of 1967 - 1970 also justified? Pls lets always be fair minded and avoid petty hatred and sentiments in our posts here on NL. On Gen. Buhari, I believe he was ill-advised and misguided as at the time. He was barely 24 yrs old then. So I 4give him and pray d entire Igbo race do. God bless the dead. Long Live the Federal Republic of Nigeria!

2 Likes

Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by Yorubaman40: 3:25am On May 08, 2013
So, Buhari has been into this blood-shedding business for a long time. I used to think the shagari overthrow was his first. Now,I am not surprised about his connection to BH. In a sane country like US such a man would never have contemplated running for public office with so much blood on his hands.
Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by thegoodjoehunt(m): 3:30am On May 08, 2013
ceejay4real: My dear fellow Compatriots, lets ask ourselves a question. Were the Northern Officers and Soldiers justified 2 murder close to 400 Igbo Officers & Men of the Nigerian Army on the 29th of July, 1966? Afterall, Major Chukwuma Kaduna Nzeogwu & co only killed 8 Military Officers and 4 politicians on the 15th of January earlier in the same year, totalling 12 people in all. To keep the records straight, the 12 victims are as follows: Sir Ahmadu Bello (North), Sir Tafawa Belewa (North), Chief Ladoke Akintola (West), Chief Festus Okotie - Eboh (Midwest), Brig. Samuel Ademulegun(West), Brig. Zakariya Maimalari(North), Col Kur Muhammed(North), Col Robert Shodeinde (West), Lt. Col Abogo Largema(East), Lt. Col Arthur Unegbe(East), Lt. Col Yakubu Pam (North) & Major Sam Adegoke(West). Even the East had a ''fair share'' of the dead. I may dare say that what happened under Nzeogwu's command was a bloodbath but by no means a massacre not to talk of being a planned annihiliation of politicians & members of the Armed Forces 4rm a certain section of the country or Ethnic group by the Igbos! We should pls reason like patriots here and not bigots. The British Imperialists and the Northern Oligarchy (hegemonists) were behind d false & misguided rumours abt Maj. Nzeogwu's motives just 2 make sure Gen. J. T. U. Aguiyi-Ironsi was deposed asap and replaced by a Northern Head of State so as to foster d Northern Agenda. OK, lets assume d Northern Officers were justified killing hundreds of their colleagues in cold blood, were the Pogroms (against civilians) of 1966 and Genocidal war of 1967 - 1970 also justified? Pls lets always be fair minded and avoid petty hatred and sentiments in our posts here on NL. On Gen. Buhari, I believe he was ill-advised and misguided as at the time. He was barely 24 yrs old then. So I 4give him and pray d entire Igbo race do. God bless the dead. Long Live the Federal Republic of Nigeria!

Feel you Bro, Heartfelt statement. It is so sad the amount of Bloodshed this country has witnessed. I hope change takes place. sad
Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by mathskill: 3:31am On May 08, 2013
PointB:

I do not intend for you to change your opinion about the murderer - Buhari. I just wanted you to know that guy, despite whatever anyone will say, was involve in the planning and execution of the plot to butchers fellow citizens in cold blood. Several of them were his defenseless colleagues.

If Buhari can do this, what else is he capable of?
You r the cold blooded murder who is trying to murder the truth with the pen.Put the whole coup in context.You said it was a coup.Who started the coup in the first place. Didnt you go to school?haven't you heard of 'for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction'i doubt it.Well who killed sardauna Ahmadu bello in cold blood,Prime minister Tafawa Balewa in cold blood not to mention other politicians of the day.i tell you if you have developed selective amnesia, it was the igbos,right a conspiracy by all igbo from the civil society,the academia including thier churches up to the ones in the army. And you expected the then northern army officers to just sit and wait there own turn to b killed, ah, nonsense.
Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by jamace(m): 3:31am On May 08, 2013
1stCitizen: Team 40 is back
My brother, na so I see am o. lipsrsealed
Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by automaticcarzz: 3:42am On May 08, 2013
ceejay4real: My dear fellow Compatriots, lets ask ourselves a question. Were the Northern Officers and Soldiers justified 2 murder close to 400 Igbo Officers & Men of the Nigerian Army on the 29th of July, 1966? Afterall, Major Chukwuma Kaduna Nzeogwu & co only killed 8 Military Officers and 4 politicians on the 15th of January earlier in the same year, totalling 12 people in all. To keep the records straight, the 12 victims are as follows: Sir Ahmadu Bello (North), Sir Tafawa Belewa (North), Chief Ladoke Akintola (West), Chief Festus Okotie - Eboh (Midwest), Brig. Samuel Ademulegun(West), Brig. Zakariya Maimalari(North), Col Kur Muhammed(North), Col Robert Shodeinde (West), Lt. Col Abogo Largema(East), Lt. Col Arthur Unegbe(East), Lt. Col Yakubu Pam (North) & Major Sam Adegoke(West). Even the East had a ''fair share'' of the dead. I may dare say that what happened under Nzeogwu's command was a bloodbath but by no means a massacre not to talk of being a planned annihiliation of politicians & members of the Armed Forces 4rm a certain section of the country or Ethnic group by the Igbos! We should pls reason like patriots here and not bigots. The British Imperialists and the Northern Oligarchy (hegemonists) were behind d false & misguided rumours abt Maj. Nzeogwu's motives just 2 make sure Gen. J. T. U. Aguiyi-Ironsi was deposed asap and replaced by a Northern Head of State so as to foster d Northern Agenda. OK, lets assume d Northern Officers were justified killing hundreds of their colleagues in cold blood, were the Pogroms (against civilians) of 1966 and Genocidal war of 1967 - 1970 also justified? Pls lets always be fair minded and avoid petty hatred and sentiments in our posts here on NL. On Gen. Buhari, I believe he was ill-advised and misguided as at the time. He was barely 24 yrs old then. So I 4give him and pray d entire Igbo race do. God bless the dead. Long Live the Federal Republic of Nigeria!

Tell that to the Americans who went to kill tens of thousands of terrorists in Iraq and Afghanistan after they killed over 3000 American on 9-11. Nzeogwu and his cohorts caused the bloodshed. Did you expect the defenseless Northerners to wait on their arms and be killed like the people Nzogwu killed? The bloodshed was caused by power hungry Nzeogwu and his cohorts. It's unfortunate the Northerners responded the way they did. If you check the list of officers on the poster's list, T.Y Danjuma who is the so called Political role model for Jonathan was amongst the coup plotters from the North. Buhari was the youngest of all the officers. What about if he was following orders? Do you really know what it is to disregard order from your superiors in the military? Buhari was the youngest of all the officers and should never be blamed for the killings. Nzeogwu was the greedy man who brought the killings of himself and his cohorts.

1 Like

Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by thegoodjoehunt(m): 3:47am On May 08, 2013
automaticcarzz:

Tell that to the Americans who went to kill thousands of terrorists in Iraq and Afghanistan after they killed over 3000 American on 9-11. Nzeogwu and his cohorts caused the bloodshed. Did you expect the defenseless Northerners to wait on their arms and be killed like the people Nzogwu killed? The bloodshed was caused by power hungry Nzeogwu and his cohorts. It's unfortunate the Northerners responded the way they did.

That is the point. The innocent Soldiers lost their lives in an unfair situation. A bloody revenge on innocent lives is painful. Yes it was a retaliatory response but a very unfair one.

1 Like

Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by chaloner(m): 3:52am On May 08, 2013
PointB: Baffling really is that some ignorant sons and daughters of Igboland will promote this man who has murdered their own flesh and blood as messiah of Nigeria. Very baffling...

lets pray for a change.
www.weyab.com
www.flexfinger..com for your best product ever

Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by automaticcarzz: 3:53am On May 08, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

That is the point. The innocent Soldiers lost their lives in an unfair situation. A bloody revenge on innocent lives is painful. Yes it was a retaliatory response but a very unfair one.

Look at it this way: you went to work while your wife and two kids were home. As you were returning from work, someone told you some people killed your wife and two children. You got home you cried and buried them. You got married again and now have two new kids, one night 10 armed young kids broke into your compounds in the middle of the nights and you killed them. Were you overreacting for killing those 10 armed yound kids? You experience justified the killings.

Please, tell me what you think the Northern soldiers should have done.
Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by Pretyangel25(f): 3:54am On May 08, 2013
Thanks for the information
Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by thegoodjoehunt(m): 3:58am On May 08, 2013
automaticcarzz:

Look at it this way: you went to work while your wife and two kids were home. As you were returning from work, someone told you some people killed your wife and two children. You got home you cried and buried them. You got married again and now have two new kids, one night 10 armed young kids broke into your compounds in the middle of the nights and you killed them. Were you overreacting for killing those 10 armed yound kids? You experience justified the killings.

These were unarmed Soldiers who had no intention of hurting anyone. The analogy doesn't hold. The best analogy would be the Obasanjo Odi crisis.

Some soldiers were killed by Militants and the retaliatory response was to go and kill innocent people. I believe Buhari was under orders but the innocent killed was very wrong. Lives are precious and should not be terminated because of the sin of others.

1 Like

Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by camelus: 3:59am On May 08, 2013
eagle,eye:

Point B,
I may disappoint you with my reply, but I have always believed in the saying that what is source for the Igbo man, should not be poison to the Hausa or Yoruba man.
In your righteous exultation, you have forgotten that the Hausa man will always come up with the arguement that It was an Igbo man, Nzeogwu, who first introduced coup in Nigeria. Did you ever stop to think how the other people felt when a fellow soldier(s) took up arms and went to kill both civilians and Other Soldiers in the wake of the first coup in Nigeria.
You are entitled to your opinion of Buhari being a muderer and should not try to foist your views on other Igbos and/or try to make theem feel guilt for supporting Buhari and his Ideologies.
By the way am Igbo and will defend the Igbo course, but I will not foolishly think that the events of the 60's especially the era of Coup and blood letting leading to the civil war, will make me emotionally blackmail.
Until Buhari is tried by a competent court of Justice, he still remains Innocent of all the accusations you levelled against him.
What about his pronoucement that led to the killing of Innocent Corp Members in Post Election Violence?
Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by thegoodjoehunt(m): 4:00am On May 08, 2013
automaticcarzz:

Please, tell me what you think the Northern soldiers should have done.

Arrest them. They were unarmed and were captured. Why snuff out their lives because someone killed people. It had nothing to do with these unarmed soldiers.

1 Like

Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by thegoodjoehunt(m): 4:02am On May 08, 2013
camelus:
What about his pronoucement that led to the killing of Innocent Corp Members in Post Election Violence?

There is no evidence of Gen. Buhari giving an order for murder to take place. Even though I am against him not standing up and asking people to stop shedding lives, let us not put the burden of people's crime on his head.
Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by blaqoracle: 4:02am On May 08, 2013
i always pity the igbo, because the hausa man continuously remind them that, they the igbos are a conquered and defeated people.

2 Likes

Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by automaticcarzz: 4:06am On May 08, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

Arrest them. They were unarmed and were captured. Why snuff out their lives because someone killed people. It had nothing to do with these unarmed soldiers.

I really don't know your age but back in those days, these military boys knew nothing but to kill eachother. Killing eachother was the norms back then. It was Nzeogwu who caused the bad blood. The Hausas were also saying why did Nzogwu kill the person who was praying with his pregnant wife. They were unarmed too. What goes around comes around. It was unfortunate the way these people were behaving back them but karma is always and always been a b1tch.

1 Like

Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by thegoodjoehunt(m): 4:11am On May 08, 2013
automaticcarzz:

I really don't know your age but back in those days, these military boys knew nothing but to kill eachother. Killing eachother was the norms back then. It was Nzeogwu who caused the bad blood. The Hausas were also saying why did Nzogwu kill the person who was praying with his pregnant wife. They were unarmed too. What goes around comes around. It was unfortunate the way these people were behaving back them but karma is always and always been a b1tch.

This isn't Karma. Killing people that had nothing to do with the crime is not Karma but Wickedness. So they slaughtered innocent people in the name of what?

I understand that it was a retaliatory response. I haven't denied that but I am saying it was an unfair one. Even if the Soldiers were Igbos, they were their comrades who have sworn to defend the nation side by side with the murdering Soldiers.

I repeat it was an unfair and very wicked retaliatory response. No justification for that action.
Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by zolajpower: 4:24am On May 08, 2013
Why would nigerians forget so soon the innoucent killings of youth corper. Due to the fact that buhari never won the 2011 election. Yet is still coming back for another one
Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by automaticcarzz: 4:26am On May 08, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

This isn't Karma. Killing people that had nothing to do with the crime is not Karma but Wickedness. So they slaughtered innocent people in the name of what?

I understand that it was a retaliatory response. I haven't denied that but I am saying it was an unfair one. Even if the Soldiers were Igbos, they were their comrades who have sworn to defend the nation side by side with the murdering Soldiers.

I repeat it was an unfair and very wicked retaliatory response. No justification for that action.

Please give me any justification to what Nzeogwu did. He killed unarmed innocent people too. Were those people Nzeogwu killed inferior to the Igbo officers that died? I am not supporting what the hausa officers did, but what Nzeogwu did should never be condoned either.
Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by dayokanu(m): 4:32am On May 08, 2013
automaticcarzz:

Please give me any justification to what Nzeogwu did. He killed unarmed innocent people too. Were those people Nzeogwu killed inferior to the Igbo officers that died? I am not supporting what the hausa officers did, but what Nzeogwu did should never be condoned either.

I am supporting what the Hausa officers did.

Nzeogwu and co murdered sleep and they did not deserve to Sleep

Of those people killed in Afghanistan, How many of them knew Osama Bin Laden?

In WW1, One man ArchDuke Ferdinand was killed and several million lives were lost as a result

Thats the nature of the world

When Ironsi refused to punish the January 15 coup plotters, then the Northern soldiers took the laws into their hands and dished it to the people who started the murders. The Nothern soldiers avenged for Sardauna

Adekunle avenged for Akintola who was murdered by Nwobosi and co. by killing everything on his way in Biafra
Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by automaticcarzz: 4:37am On May 08, 2013
dayokanu:

In WW1, One man ArchDuke Ferdinand was killed and several million lives were lost as a result

When Ironsi refused to punish the January 15 coup plotters, then the Northern soldiers took the laws into their hands and dished it to the people who started the murders. The Nothern soldiers avenged for Sardauna

Adekunle avenged for Akintola who was murdered by Nwobosi and co. by killing everything on his way in Biafra

Nzeogwu was the cause of the mess. I just don't uderstand why anyone would blame Buhari for this mess. He was the youngest of all the officers. T.Y Danjuma who happens to be political role model to GEJ was part of the coup but no Igbo is accusing him of wrong doing. Nzeogwu deserved what he got.
Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by thegoodjoehunt(m): 4:39am On May 08, 2013
automaticcarzz:

Please among these young soldiers killed in COLD BLOOD, which of them there was called Nzeogwu. I can't believe what you are saying. These Igbo officers are not those who killed Balewa and Bello. This is like an Assassin killing a leader and people go and kill everyone in the assassins village. How is that a solution.

The officers lives are not greater or lesser than the killed people of the Nzeogwu Coup. They are innocent comrades killed by their fellow comrades.
Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by Nobody: 4:41am On May 08, 2013
You are wrong, Buhari did appeal for end to violence after the elections
thegoodjoehunt:

There is no evidence of Gen. Buhari giving an order for murder to take place. Even though I am against him not standing up and asking people to stop shedding lives, let us not put the burden of people's crime on his head.
Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by thegoodjoehunt(m): 4:42am On May 08, 2013
automaticcarzz:

Nzeogwu was the cause of the mess. I just don't uderstand why anyone would blame Buhari for this mess. He was the youngest of all the officers. T.Y Danjuma who happens to be political role model to GEJ was part of the coup but no Igbo is accusing him of wrong doing. Nzeogwu deserved what he got.

When I read T. Y. Danjuma pointed out the similarities between Mamman Vatsa and IBB to IBB, which led to the hatred of Vatsa by IBB. That is they both achieved the same thing in life growing up till IBB became president. I started having my dislike for Danjuma. I feel he is one of the problems of this nation.
Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by thegoodjoehunt(m): 4:43am On May 08, 2013
GenBuhari: You are wrong, Buhari did appeal for end to violence after the elections

He did but he was late. He should have started at the beginning. As soon as he heard the slaughter going on, he should have condemned it saying, it has nothing to do with him or his election.
Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by dnawah(m): 4:45am On May 08, 2013
automaticcarzz:

What about the cowards who blindly took his kinsmen to war (Biafra) to die for his selfish motive? The coward eventually ran away from the battlefield and seek refuge in Ivory-Coast. This coward died recently with blood of innocent Igbos on his hands too.
his not,we were pushed to d wall and we asked him to.i wish we had plenty of arms then.pls wait untill we complain ok
Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by thegoodjoehunt(m): 4:45am On May 08, 2013
dayokanu:

That is the nature of the world but the truth is the real culprits are not punished but innocent people who have nothing to gain from the atrocities are punished. That is what makes it unfair.
Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by dayokanu(m): 4:50am On May 08, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

Please among these young soldiers killed in COLD BLOOD, which of them there was called Nzeogwu. I can't believe what you are saying. These Igbo officers are not those who killed Balewa and Bello. This is like an Assassin killing a leader and people go and kill everyone in the assassins village. How is that a solution.

The officers lives are not greater or lesser than the killed people of the Nzeogwu Coup. They are innocent comrades killed by their fellow comrades.

How many of those killed in Iraq and Afghanistan is their surname Bin Laden?
Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by thegoodjoehunt(m): 4:50am On May 08, 2013
dnawah: his not,we were pushed to d wall and we asked him to.i wish we had plenty of arms then.pls wait untill we complain ok

It is high time we know that there are peaceful ways to achieve aims. Brandishing arms will just make you or anyone a terrorist and gives the Soldiers right to snuff out lives.

We should learn from Ghandi and Martin Luther King Jnr. If we think in peaceful ways of achieving our goals, we will be dealing a heavy blow.

For instance the way the Monks in Myannmar fought for their country. It was stronger and their cries were heard louder than any militant group.

Re: How Muhammadu Buhari Murdered His Colleagues! by thegoodjoehunt(m): 4:51am On May 08, 2013

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Buhari And Dolapo Osinbajo With Mothers Of Chibok Girls In Abuja Today / UPDATE: Many students feared killed as suicide bomber hits Yobe school / How Atiku Secured American Visa – Buhari Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.