Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:51 AM

Nairalands New Rules And Regulations, Your Take? - Nairaland / General (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairalands New Rules And Regulations, Your Take? (29707 Views)

Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland / Nairaland Rules And Regulations / Nairaland Forum Rules and Regulations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairalands New Rules And Regulations, Your Take? by Nobody: 12:03pm On May 08, 2013
lalaosky:

Just imagine me wey be kpako pikin to the core no go fit post again cos I no sabi speak english?... Absolute madness

Dem go hide dopejemi pidgin diary. Smh
this na wetin oyibo man dey call inferiority complex, antagonizing the use of pidgin and native languages and promoting the use of English. Our ancestors must be squirming in their graves. angry

1 Like

Re: Nairalands New Rules And Regulations, Your Take? by Nobody: 12:04pm On May 08, 2013
ayswags: Emperor seun has written a new decree,what a bloody tyrant.

Exits thread in anger.
Re: Nairalands New Rules And Regulations, Your Take? by emmydee(m): 12:05pm On May 08, 2013
The carpenters & bricklayers of these rules are new to the art of law making. They need d services of a mechanic to speak d right grammar to us. Are u a leaner? So we can't speak our native language or even our world praised pigin? Did Seun look at these laws b4 they were signed into law?
Re: Nairalands New Rules And Regulations, Your Take? by adeyak83(m): 12:05pm On May 08, 2013
21 commandment, diz 1 pass God's own self...lol
Re: Nairalands New Rules And Regulations, Your Take? by Creamish(f): 12:06pm On May 08, 2013
femi4: I laugh in subsidy.....Not even seun and his mods can keep these rules.

Na the mods dey derail threads pass

U are about to be banned for flouting Rule 21 . . tongue
Re: Nairalands New Rules And Regulations, Your Take? by fitzmayowa: 12:08pm On May 08, 2013
eyenCalabar: I think Seun should apology to us. He sounds insulting. There are ways one can actually commands you to do somethigng and you'll hearken with smiles and definitely NOT the way he's just imposing his own commands on us. Am dissapointed.
Shot fired
The last rule applies here...grin

1 Like

Re: Nairalands New Rules And Regulations, Your Take? by Nobody: 12:09pm On May 08, 2013
erm, Seun, we are still waiting for you to create the deactivate tool so that we can deactivate our accounts and save you and your mods the stress of banning.

13 Likes

Re: Nairalands New Rules And Regulations, Your Take? by Nobody: 12:09pm On May 08, 2013
Too many rules for this small site, then what will facebook ,twitter and google + will do..... for me this is bullshit there should be freedom of speech to an extent
Re: Nairalands New Rules And Regulations, Your Take? by frederal(m): 12:09pm On May 08, 2013
dammytosh: "17. Don't post anything that could be considered offensive to Islam, especially in the muslim section."

I agree with all the rules except rule 17.

All religions should and must be respected. No religion has monopoly of violence.

We have screamed and screamed and nothing was done about it.

Meanwhile, having the rules before posting is just crude. Very very crude. I fear an alternative forum with freedom of expression irrrespective of the religion will soon spring up and people will abandon Nairaland.

The bias for Muslims is annoying. This is a public forum not a Muslim forum.

Let the rule be RESPECT for all RELIGION and FAITH. Not Muslim/Islam alone.

I've not seen a thing like this before. So muslim should mock my dear Jesus with impunity and I shouldn't react, just to be a member in NL. Nawao!!
Re: Nairalands New Rules And Regulations, Your Take? by kokosheen(m): 12:10pm On May 08, 2013
I thought this site was for everyone (adult, teens, etc) and not for missionaries, OR are we practicing communist iron-curtain rules in preparation for a revolution in Nigeria
Re: Nairalands New Rules And Regulations, Your Take? by otumfour(m): 12:12pm On May 08, 2013
yuzedo: Good eglish? Oh god am I troble. Seun have brake my hat! Am cryin in to my espensive mowet shampain in my Banana Island mansion. Good buy niaraland becose I know dey will banned me for ever soon. Not even 7 sweet babe can comeforth me. Am dis trut. cry cry embarassed

Well, this-regad d last statment, can 7 sweet babe PM me so I confam if I can be come foted or nut! angry undecided

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nairalands New Rules And Regulations, Your Take? by Nobody: 12:13pm On May 08, 2013
Bimfo: 19, 20, 21 does not make It...

We are not KIDs here...

SEUN do not even know the calibre of ppl here, Does he think am his mate??, Imagine that bachelor writing rules for me, ontop my money. make i no vex oooo

2 Likes

Re: Nairalands New Rules And Regulations, Your Take? by naptu2: 12:14pm On May 08, 2013
crusufixo:

Please help me tell them oh !!!!!. Dont know wat the fuss is all about, insulting the dude anyhow. I just dont get this insults on this guy, a ah !!!

I doubt that the insults will bother him. He has seen it all before. This is just another chapter in a long running story.

There was once a time when Seun was the sole mod. People kept breaking the rules and Seun couldn't enforce them. Things got so bad that he had to shut the site down for a day or so. Then Muki volunteered to moderate the site.

There was almost a riot when Seun introduced the word filter (again people threatened to leave the site).

People threatened to leave when Seun banned some popular stock market analysts.

Someone even created a website with a similar name (I won't mention the name, because I don't want to get banned).

There was the 2007 civil war (Diaspora vs Home).

There was the rebellion when Seun threatened to ban the use of the words "Islam" and "muslim" on nairaland.

There were the "get rich quick", multi-level marketing and wonderbank scams (Seun even had to create a thread to warn people about them).

There was the garri rebellion.

Nairaland has survived all of them and will survive this one.

Seun has to enforce rules to ensure that there's order and because he is the only publicly known member of the forum.

2 Likes

Re: Nairalands New Rules And Regulations, Your Take? by emmydee(m): 12:14pm On May 08, 2013
This is an infringement on our fundamental human rights in this forum. Freedom of expression, association,speech & freedom to "comment".may b we just need another blog where we can express ourselves.
Re: Nairalands New Rules And Regulations, Your Take? by Nobody: 12:15pm On May 08, 2013
ItsModella: erm, Seun, we are still waiting for you to create the deactivate tool so that we can deactivate our accounts and save you and your mods the stress of banning.

agreed..... Deactivate mode activated cool cool cool
Re: Nairalands New Rules And Regulations, Your Take? by Umartins1(m): 12:16pm On May 08, 2013
Idowuogbo: Proper English? Na oyinbo born u? It b like say Seun and hin entourage dey smoke ewedu.See wetin civilisation dey cause o! So us wey dey blow pidgin no fit post comment abi? undecided
you were already violation the rules. You was to be ban four eva.
Re: Nairalands New Rules And Regulations, Your Take? by otumfour(m): 12:16pm On May 08, 2013
This is like google asking peeps to pay before they can watch ANY video on youtube undecided....tht wud be an easy way for competitors to enter the market angry, guess Seun wants to collapse his site undecided....don't listen to ur advisors mann, they want ur downfall

Mr Seun! abeg check ur seatbelt. undecided
Re: Nairalands New Rules And Regulations, Your Take? by Demdem(m): 12:16pm On May 08, 2013
emmydee: This is an infringement on our fundamental human rights in this forum. Freedom of expression, association,speech & freedom to "comment".may b we just need another blog where we can express ourselves.

u make me laugh grin grin
All this on a private property or do u think NL is a PLC?
grin grin
Re: Nairalands New Rules And Regulations, Your Take? by cyril83(m): 12:17pm On May 08, 2013
ItsModella: erm, Seun, we are still waiting for you to create the deactivate tool so that we can deactivate our accounts and save you and your mods the stress of banning.
You talk too much, you have made like 8 comments only in this thread.

Stop taking it personal to avoid high blood pressure.

5 Likes

Re: Nairalands New Rules And Regulations, Your Take? by Nobody: 12:17pm On May 08, 2013
yuzedo: Good eglish? Oh god am I troble. Seun have brake my hat! Am cryin in to my espensive mowet shampain in my Banana Island mansion. Good buy niaraland becose I know dey will banned me for ever soon. Not even 7 sweet babe can comeforth me. Am dis trut. cry cry embarassed

Well, this-regad d last statment, can 7 sweet babe PM me so I confam if I can be come foted or nut! angry undecided

Oya way this mod IKE, what r u waiting for ban ban bang grin grin grin
Re: Nairalands New Rules And Regulations, Your Take? by otumfour(m): 12:18pm On May 08, 2013
kayci_d77:

SEUN do not even know the calibre of ppl here, Does he think am his mate??, Imagine that bachelor writing rules for me, ontop my money. make i no vex oooo

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nairalands New Rules And Regulations, Your Take? by Mavor: 12:18pm On May 08, 2013
Please google search the phrase "DDOS"
Re: Nairalands New Rules And Regulations, Your Take? by hisswagness: 12:19pm On May 08, 2013
Smh...nairaland officially becomes a muslim thread...boool sheet...hope av spelt it rite cool

1 Like

Re: Nairalands New Rules And Regulations, Your Take? by trolling(m): 12:20pm On May 08, 2013
What's the big deal about Nairaland
Re: Nairalands New Rules And Regulations, Your Take? by Nobody: 12:20pm On May 08, 2013
cyril83: You talk too much, you have made like 8 comments only in this thread.

Shut up. Am I the only one who has commented more than once on this thread and you had to quote me because? get outta here.

2 Likes

Re: Nairalands New Rules And Regulations, Your Take? by RedLight1: 12:21pm On May 08, 2013
absolutely
Re: Nairalands New Rules And Regulations, Your Take? by Nobody: 12:22pm On May 08, 2013

1 Like

Re: Nairalands New Rules And Regulations, Your Take? by Nobody: 12:22pm On May 08, 2013
nigga really think i will read the 21 rules before posting? aint this some sht dawg? u really needa give a nigga the deactivate button B.

1 Like

Re: Nairalands New Rules And Regulations, Your Take? by JMystique(m): 12:24pm On May 08, 2013
Ill just say that if facebook imposed this kinda dictatorship rules,Mark Zuckerberg would have never become a billionaire.....dont take undue advantage of peoples love for nairaland,my 2 cents

1 Like

Re: Nairalands New Rules And Regulations, Your Take? by noso2004: 12:24pm On May 08, 2013
Why are we using his website? we should move en masse to another Forum, give a Nigerian a bit of a power and this is the sort of things they will do. Who says he is exposed? He doesn't appear so to me. before anyone goes on I am Yoruba btw
Re: Nairalands New Rules And Regulations, Your Take? by Nobody: 12:25pm On May 08, 2013
cyril83: You talk too much, you have made like 8 comments only in this thread.

do you want her number bro? wink be honest and ask politely, dont act like a light skin nigga B

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

7 Things Every Man Must Know Before He Clocks 40 / Things Guys Do Or Discuss When They Gather Together. / Top 10 Romancelanders With The Wittiest Comments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.