Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,821 members, 7,813,703 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:44 PM

Marriage: He Wants Me To Wait Until I'm 32 - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Marriage: He Wants Me To Wait Until I'm 32 (13984 Views)

He Wants Me To Grace His Bed For My Fee / Should Sex Really Wait Until Marriage. A Case For Both Sides. / Why Sex Should Wait Until Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage: He Wants Me To Wait Until I'm 32 by Rhea(f): 2:25pm On Apr 25, 2008
He's 27.
At that age most guys are trying to make ends meet, get a good job, have as much fun as possible and break a few hearts in the process.

You're also 27.
That's the issue. At that age, most girls are ready to settle down.

If I were in your shoes, I'll walk. Try for someone in his 30s.
Re: Marriage: He Wants Me To Wait Until I'm 32 by adconline(m): 2:56pm On Apr 25, 2008
if you knew that would like to settle down at 27, why did you not start making arrangemnets before 25?
Re: Marriage: He Wants Me To Wait Until I'm 32 by pritypeety(f): 3:59pm On Apr 25, 2008
This is the mistakes we girls do make. I think if you had wanted to get marry earlier you should ve gone for a guy much more older than ur self cause most men cant meet up ends need at 27. Its kind of young for a guy let alone to talk of a country that the economy is very bad. Well cant blame the guy. But if you are sure that this guy in question will really get married to you and is ready to stay by u in all circumstances then i would advice you stay but if you are not sure he loves you sincerely then i would advice u run for ur life .Remember a woman is just like a flower which is very bright in the morning but withers in the evening.
Re: Marriage: He Wants Me To Wait Until I'm 32 by Nobody: 4:02pm On Apr 25, 2008
@ poster

Why are you sounding so desperate? Haba, na marriage go make you live longer? Please tell me something better, jare!
Re: Marriage: He Wants Me To Wait Until I'm 32 by legba1(m): 4:26pm On Apr 25, 2008
am a man and i sure can tell you the antics of guys.your hearthrob is tire of you and want to do away with you without being blame for it.he knew quite right you cant wait ,so you'd just walk, away.its now up to you,take a decision after giving it deep tot,then act act accordingly.but get this right,you are not growing younger.half a word's enough for the wise.
Re: Marriage: He Wants Me To Wait Until I'm 32 by eyeshadow(f): 10:56pm On Apr 25, 2008
Girl, don't answer him, move on with your life. 5 years is too long and it's just a gamble. What if after 5 years he comes up with another excuse why you cant get married. Pls move on!!!
Re: Marriage: He Wants Me To Wait Until I'm 32 by naijababi: 11:18pm On Apr 25, 2008
girl im not even going to lie 27 years is not young o but i guess  that is d problem dating a guy your age because when u are ready to settle he  may not b. however, u don't want 2 wait and den he dumps u or he descides he wants to wait another 2 years before having kids that will suck!!! i suggest u start seeing other people ( please dnt sleep around!!!) but go out and see what other options u have. at this age and in your situation u can't put all your eggs in one basket. wish u all the best but please DON'T B A FOOL IF HE REALLY DOESNT WANT ANYONE ELSE 2 HAVE You, HE'LL PUT DAT RING ON UR FINGER ASAP!!!!!  and if he does u guys can wait and save sum money before u have kids undecided
Re: Marriage: He Wants Me To Wait Until I'm 32 by TCUBE(m): 4:49am On Apr 26, 2008
maybe u should hv been dating early, just a thought
Re: Marriage: He Wants Me To Wait Until I'm 32 by ima1(f): 8:22am On Apr 26, 2008
@ OMO IBO

6 months too long to know if u want to be with someone for life? r u serious?

for some reason u women think marriage is where everything ends. una go tell me if na marriage go put food for table and put cloth for una body.

Don't get me wrong, marriage is not where everything ends, but i still stand by what i said. when a guy sees a woman he immediately decides if he just wants a one night stand or more than that (which sometimes depends on where you meet the woman, her personality, how she is dressed, what kind of family she comes from and sometimes after speaking to her for less than a hour). you can spend 10 year getting to know a man but you still would not know 1/2 of his character, for some reason their bad character comes out when you get married to them. (not for all guys but 80%). so yes 6 months is too long to decide if i am the one for you, cuz after one month, if you guys are truthful with each other you should be able to learn alot about that person, and you can never know a man or a woman's character unless you live with them, so marriage is like a game, you win or lose or you work really hard not to lose.
Re: Marriage: He Wants Me To Wait Until I'm 32 by marymark54: 3:57am On Apr 27, 2008
[b][/b]
baby girl, the guy is fed up with u and is only giving u an ultimatum to PACK UP AND LEAVE.
So wise up baby and look somewhere else. u aint getting any younger, u know.
5 years!!!!!!! GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Marriage: He Wants Me To Wait Until I'm 32 by Nobody: 4:12am On Apr 27, 2008
whatever she wants, i really dont know.pack ur load and go, he deosnt want you
Re: Marriage: He Wants Me To Wait Until I'm 32 by Nobody: 5:43am On Apr 27, 2008
whatever she wants, i really dont know.pack ur load and go, he deosnt want you
Re: Marriage: He Wants Me To Wait Until I'm 32 by Eclairs: 2:23pm On Apr 27, 2008
Speak on behalf of the boy. For most of the guys in the house, how many of you will get married without being able to look after your wifey. Lets be more practical here. If at 27 there's no head way for the dude, its only being honest. If the girl is not ready to tk the risk and wait, then she leaves the dude and start a relationship wv someone else which is even a bigger risk as its been found that the grass is not always greener. There's a risk both ways and in my opinion as far as the girl plays her card right, it will alwz work out unless the dude is an absolute nightmare. Thts where prayer hs to come in cz indeed, if he's not the one for you, he's not the one for you. The guy has honestly told u his piece. You either accept it and be patient wv him or check out of the relationship if your instinct tells you he would jilt you in years to cm.

Guys lets not deceive ourselves. If at 27 you'r still strugglin to mk a headway in life, you'd probably say the same tin. At the end of the day, the choice is the poster's to make. I hope you don't regret anyfin

ima1:

@ OMO IBO

6 months too long to know if u want to be with someone for life? r u serious?

for some reason u women think marriage is where everything ends. una go tell me if na marriage go put food for table and put cloth for una body.

Don't get me wrong, marriage is not where everything ends, but i still stand by what i said. when a guy sees a woman he immediately decides if he just wants a one night stand or more than that (which sometimes depends on where you meet the woman, her personality, how she is dressed, what kind of family she comes from and sometimes after speaking to her for less than a hour). you can spend 10 year getting to know a man but you still would not know 1/2 of his character, for some reason their bad character comes out when you get married to them. (not for all guys but 80%). so yes 6 months is too long to decide if i am the one for you, because after one month, if you guys are truthful with each other you should be able to learn alot about that person, and you can never know a man or a woman's character unless you live with them, so marriage is like a game, you win or lose or you work really hard not to lose.

Well said
Re: Marriage: He Wants Me To Wait Until I'm 32 by adconline(m): 4:31am On Apr 28, 2008
ima1

Maybe from your own perspective. Most guys dont go into any relationship with marriage in mind unless they are looking for life partners. Any Girl who is desperate for marriage, can hide her worst character in oder to drag her unfortunate prey to the altar. If you are looking for men who will promise you marriage after six months of dating, then should be ready to deal with 24 men in a year.

Do you know what guys think what women bring up marriage? Who is going to pay for the marriage and after?
Re: Marriage: He Wants Me To Wait Until I'm 32 by mygal(f): 2:24pm On Apr 28, 2008
My Dear, if your Man loves you he will not ask you to wait for that long,
at 32yrs you should be think of nursing a second baby.
he will definaly ditch you and marry another younger girl and you will become second hand.

Open yours well ooh! shocked
Re: Marriage: He Wants Me To Wait Until I'm 32 by rockchic: 2:40pm On Apr 28, 2008
i talked to him about it. he says its unfair for me to leave him. He says that i am putting him under ressure. he also says, despite the fact that we met a year ago, we actually started dating 4 months ago, which is kinda true. He claims he could try and see vision 2010 or 2011 but that he cant make any promises because that would depend on circumstances at that point in time, financially, carreer wise, etc. He says am putting him under pressure, and indirectly proposing and threatening.
Re: Marriage: He Wants Me To Wait Until I'm 32 by kachiside: 4:09pm On Apr 28, 2008
Na wah,4 months ago and you are already talking abt Marriage, that means when you met him you already had the idea of marriage formed in your head. you should have told him so immediately to avoid this scene now. can you listen to him, that he is not making any promises and you still want to hang around him.
If you are so desperate for marriage, i suggest you look for another pesrson who is much older and who will give you that ring you so desperately want, but if you are not desperate for marriage, wait and see what will come from the relationship, it might be good, it might be bad.
Who knows in a year or two, God will have other plans for you.
Man propose and God dispose.
Re: Marriage: He Wants Me To Wait Until I'm 32 by CuteYemy(f): 4:37pm On Apr 28, 2008
Five years is a long way to go and from your post i can sense that the guy is not ready for commitment now.

But if you feel you love him enough to wait and he feels thesame way and you are also sure that he won't ditch you for a much younger girl in the year 2013,then you can go ahead and wait if not dump him in the Recycle Bin and move on with your life.
Re: Marriage: He Wants Me To Wait Until I'm 32 by adconline(m): 6:58am On Apr 29, 2008
Ask all these girls who are telling you that five years will  be far too long  how many men they have  taken to the altar  within 1 or 2 years of dating?   This is why some of our sisters don't find suitable husbands. They don't like to wait, always looking for   ready made and drive through husbands.  Most girls still don't get it, they will say  guys like sex, but  don't like to settle down. Guys can get sex elsewhere, go ask Client 9 or Gov Elliot Spitzer, but marriage. You  MUST TELL THEM WHERE IS THE MONEY FOR MARRIAGE WAHALA  AND RAISING A FAMILY. Guys think long term, girls think short term. Girls  are looking at marriage as an accomplishment while guys are looking at marriage as  a fulfilment in life. That's why  they don't get bothered  so much that their mates are married, but could be so hung up on  the fact their mates are more successful. Here is lifecycle of a man. His family,  a successful career that  will bring a beautiful and loving wife, his kids.
Re: Marriage: He Wants Me To Wait Until I'm 32 by laudate: 9:50pm On Apr 29, 2008
adconline:

Ask all these girls who are telling you that five years will be far too long how many men they have taken to the altar within 1 or 2 years of dating? This is why some of our sisters don't find suitable husbands. They don't like to wait, always looking for ready made and drive through husbands. Most girls still don't get it, they will say guys like sex, but don't like to settle down. Guys can get sex elsewhere, go ask Client 9 or Gov Elliot Spitzer, but marriage. You MUST TELL THEM WHERE IS THE MONEY FOR MARRIAGE WAHALA AND RAISING A FAMILY. Guys think long term, girls think short term. Girls are looking at marriage as an accomplishment while guys are looking at marriage as a fulfilment in life. That's why they don't get bothered so much that their mates are married, but could be so hung up on the fact their mates are more successful. Here is lifecycle of a man. His family, a successful career that will bring a beautiful and loving wife, his kids.

You keep forgetting that time is NOT on a woman's side.

Haven't you seen women being patient for some years, waiting the man to make progress and then when he finally hits the big bucks, he changes his tune or decides that she is too old for him? Na which kind advice you go give dat kind babe? B.A (Begin Again)?
Re: Marriage: He Wants Me To Wait Until I'm 32 by debosky(m): 10:07pm On Apr 29, 2008
Even if time is not on the woman's side (whatever that means) why on earth should she be pressuring the dude to get married after 4 months of dating?

He has said he is not ready, can she wait and develop with the guy before plunging into marriage? He says 2010/11 is possible but with no promises. . .and I cannot blame him one bit, for crying out loud, they've been dating for only $ MONTHS and y'all want the guy to propose marriage?

I think he is being straight with her, but some women are just suckers for punishment, I guess some of y'all would prefer him to say 'Ok next year' and then next year comes and he postpones it to 'next year' and on and on. . .He is telling her from the get go what his vision/plan is - that is the way men work. If she's ready to build something long term, then fine, if not move on.

Frankly I think you are ready for marriage right now, while he is not. . .I suggest you find someone else in a similar situation and don't burden this man's life.
Re: Marriage: He Wants Me To Wait Until I'm 32 by chisimdi(f): 10:12pm On Apr 29, 2008
debosky:

Even if time is not on the woman's side (whatever that means) why on earth should she be pressuring the dude to get married after 4 months of dating?

He has said he is not ready, can she wait and develop with the guy before plunging into marriage? He says 2010/11 is possible but with no promises. . .and I cannot blame him one bit, for crying out loud, they've been dating for only $ MONTHS and y'all want the guy to propose marriage?

I think he is being straight with her, but some women are just suckers for punishment, I guess some of y'all would prefer him to say 'Ok next year' and then next year comes and he postpones it to 'next year' and on and on. . .He is telling her from the get go what his vision/plan is - that is the way men work. If she's ready to build something long term, then fine, if not move on.

Frankly I think you are ready for marriage right now, while he is not. . .I suggest you find someone else in a similar situation and don't burden this man's life.
babe find ur level cos menopause dey knock 4 ur door
Re: Marriage: He Wants Me To Wait Until I'm 32 by adconline(m): 7:08am On Apr 30, 2008
You keep forgetting that time is NOT on a woman's side.

Haven't you seen women being patient for some years, waiting the man to make progress and then when he finally hits the big bucks, he changes his tune or decides that she is too old for him?   Na which kind advice you go give that kind babe?

Then  the man should  not compensate for her  mistake ie a reality check- that I should get married before 30, therefore I should start planning before I turn 23 or 24 . Is this dude the only guy she has ever known? Why did she  not settle with other "guys" before this guy? Sometimes what it takes women to jump from one man to another will be enough time to build a relationship that will lead to marriage.  Time waits for no man as well, so as you make your bed , you lie on it. Make hay while the sun shines.

As per men leaving men, ask Agbani Darego if she continued with her ex-boyfriend when she won Miss World contest. Women are more likely to consider class then men.
Re: Marriage: He Wants Me To Wait Until I'm 32 by tekzone: 3:05pm On Apr 30, 2008
There is no guarantee that he will marry you in five years time. Just pray about it and keep your eyes open.

Ask for an engagement after the second year. While engaged, further your studies too. At least if it doesn't happen, your education will have advanced enough.

Don't fall a fool victim.
Re: Marriage: He Wants Me To Wait Until I'm 32 by LAKANYE(m): 2:01am On May 01, 2008
One thing I realized about women is the actual facts that women tend to die before they are actually and physically dead. A woman is partially dead at menopause. She becomes useless to the re population of the already overpopulated world. Most women here in the United states where I live are grandmothers at 32, and some of them are actually great grand mothers. But they still look better than some women who have never even given birth to a child.
But, it is a different scenario in Africa, and most especially our great country Nigeria. Most women in Nigeria have not even experienced what it actually meant to love and be loved. Marriage is the ultimate goal of any feminine relationship.
What happens if you actually wait until you are 32, and then he dumps your aging ass for a youthfully exuberance and more classical younger girl. Why would he not agree to marry you now, and continue the relationship until natural death do you apart? Why would he not want to grow old with you? why would he want to play around with your life now, and make you become a merciful sentiment of grace for love at his merciful decisions to be with you or not to be with you. I don't know the situations in Nigeria as I have not been in the country for 18 years. Perhaps things have changed for better than it used to be, when a woman would do anything for love to be with a man of lesser integrity.
Give his controlling ass an ultimatum. Tell him he either marry you now, or you would be going to the United States to be with me.
Re: Marriage: He Wants Me To Wait Until I'm 32 by Belema08(f): 3:28pm On May 01, 2008
[color=#000099][/color][font=Lucida Sans Unicode]
i feel ur pain but i think u should make up ur mind bout what u want to do and if u see any signs of unseriousness, pls quit b4 its too late. A broken relationship/courtship is better than a broken marriage. cool
Re: Marriage: He Wants Me To Wait Until I'm 32 by domorehill: 4:44pm On May 01, 2008
Generally 80% of men that get married were talked into it by their girlfriend through one way or another,dont expect any girl to open up to you on that anyway.
You have to talk to him and only you can do it and dont make your self available to other men,there is no good man out there without a serious girlfriend,unlesss you want to be a gate grashers and you will lose,at least you can both wait a year more or two and prepare for it,he is still yoong and that the truth,but you can tlak him into it.
Good luck.
Re: Marriage: He Wants Me To Wait Until I'm 32 by wiffy: 4:54pm On May 01, 2008
Run!!!!! run!!!! keep running until u meet the guy that is ready to marry u.

By the time u re 32, ur ist child sld be in nursary 2. Pls run very fas frm that guy.

He has no plan for u now or later
Re: Marriage: He Wants Me To Wait Until I'm 32 by mykali(m): 6:33pm On May 01, 2008
if u have not

heard enuff by now

then u should

really be askin urself

what u want with

the man
Re: Marriage: He Wants Me To Wait Until I'm 32 by chi101: 6:46pm On May 01, 2008
The guy wan chop Puyanyi for 5 years free of charge ,
ol boy i no undastand which one be puyanayi grin
Re: Marriage: He Wants Me To Wait Until I'm 32 by mykali(m): 6:53pm On May 01, 2008
puyanayi
na
that
thing
wey them
do to born

you

grin
Re: Marriage: He Wants Me To Wait Until I'm 32 by mulaw: 8:10pm On May 01, 2008
girl wait if u love its not about age if u marry and didnt give birth to any child so i would to wait i know that u have a decision in your mind so follw your mind or pray to gd grin[color=#000099][/color]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

After A Breakup Why Do We Find Pleasure In Sad Music? / If Your Genotype Is AA, Please Do Not Marry AA – Nigerian Man Warns, Gives Reaso / Can You Marry A Lady With A 3rd Class Degree?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.