Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,825 members, 7,851,771 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 07:41 AM

Nigerian Deportee From Kenya Narrates Ordeal - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Deportee From Kenya Narrates Ordeal (34990 Views)

Nigeria Arrests 22 Boko Haram Members Among Deportee From Cameroon / Igbo Deportee From Lagos Dies, Five Others In Critical Health Condition / Angolan Deportee Dies In The Plane. Security Firm G4s Could Be Charged (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Deportee From Kenya Narrates Ordeal by Vansnickers: 8:30pm On Jun 09, 2013
Van snickers: Nairobi, Kenya: Controversial Nigerian businessman Anthony Chinedu who has been facing criminal charges has been deported from Kenya.

Chinedu is among six Nigerians who were deported on Monday from Jomo Kenyatta International Airport for being in the country illegally.

They were arrested from their houses on Sunday night in a police operation following reports they were involved in “dirty” businesses.

Sources at JKIA said they were all put on an international airline after being warned against being violent if and when they are there.

“Five of them have been deported and they are no longer in the country,” said a senior security official at the airport.

Nairobi Area head of CID Nicholas Kamwende confirmed the deportation.

Chinedu was facing a number of criminal cases and was in April arrested in his house with 10 grammes of heroin that he is believed to have either been using or intended to traffic.

The arrest followed an operation carried out in the city center in which two men including a Nigerian national were nabbed for trafficking heroin.

The men were identified as Nelson Namunyu Mwangi who was found with 268 grams of heroin and Nigerian national Adebiyi Oluwatosin Fatai who had 20 grammes of the drugs.

They were arrested outside a popular club with the narcotics. Police say the two have been behind several incidents of drug trafficking in the city and they were expected in court again on Monday for mention of their case.

Cases of narcotics consumption are on the rise in the city and police are grappling with the situation.

Source: http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/?articleID=2000085156&story_title=Kenya-nigerian-businessman-chinedu-deported

Our Friend is not as innocent as he wants us to think.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Deportee From Kenya Narrates Ordeal by Smooyis(m): 8:30pm On Jun 09, 2013
This is a lesson for those low thinking Nigerians who do not see anything good about Nigeria. There is no place like home. Can biafra help you now? No. So lets rally round and appreciate our country. At least that is what we have now.
Again i will like to implore the federal authority to call the Nigerian ambassador in Nairobi to order. He should never claim ignorance in this matter when the rights of his people are being trampled by the kenyan authority. Or who is he there to protect?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Deportee From Kenya Narrates Ordeal by ujchief(m): 8:31pm On Jun 09, 2013
texaco1:
because Nigerians have refused to stay in their own country undecided

If Europeans stayed back in their countries, they wouldn't have colonized the whole world. There's nothing odd about traveling out to establish and diversify; afterall, God himself is in support of it when he asked us to be fruitful and multiply; He even had to force the Noah generation to spread when they refused and built a tower to house them and their generation at a particular spot.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Deportee From Kenya Narrates Ordeal by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jun 09, 2013
Bro, we are solidly behind you. This is inhumane! Is it a crime that Igbos are naturally successful due to their hardworking nature Why are they always hated and victimised by envious people If you want to be rich, why not work hard than sitting at home and envying others and accusing them of money ritual and drug peddling without evidence. Sighs, I blame them not anyway.

And to Igbo guys reading this, must you always marry women from where you live Can't you find Igbo ladies around there or sth

This same thing happened to an uncle in Ghana in the 80s, and they ruined his life just cos he was so successful and dumb to marry a Ghanaian woman.

It also happened to a friend's cousin in Ghana. The guy had to flee Ghana, abandoning his wealth just to save his life. But women why must you agree to marry a man you know you don't wanna live with forever Why must women be the source of most great men's downfall

And to all these poverty ridden African countries hating on Nigerians for being successful, you all should better work hard and get rich or die hating. Fools.

Bro, we got your back, wish I could do sth right now, anyway, we shall see. Sighs

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Deportee From Kenya Narrates Ordeal by point5: 8:34pm On Jun 09, 2013
Chia..tears don sok my shirt,,Kenya 4 da mata,plantin politics 2 9jrians in oda 2 tek up dia propatiz,dey don enta b dat,our polithiefians shud hestin up,,dis has called 4 d game u guys kn wel,,wia is Gov.Obi,Amaechi,Jang,Tinibu,Buhari,GEJ,OBJ,Babangida etc,,shay dey wan kil dem sefs com 2015,mek we go show Kenya d real African polithief.
Re: Nigerian Deportee From Kenya Narrates Ordeal by dasparrow: 8:38pm On Jun 09, 2013
texaco1:
because Nigerians have refused to stay in their own country undecided

Common now, are Nigerians the only ones that leave their country for other countries? The Chinese migrate a lot and so do the Indians. American retirees are moving in droves to South America so that the money they are being paid as retirees will afford them a better life for cheaper in comparison to what they would have had should they stay back in their home country of USA.

Many Africans are living here in Nigeria both legally and illegally. We hear of the illegal ones being deported by Nigerian immigration/customs all the time, almost every month. Why can other people from other countries be allowed to migrate and live in other countries but when it comes to the Nigerian doing the same, you see it as a problem? Are you not being hypocritical?
Re: Nigerian Deportee From Kenya Narrates Ordeal by ballabriggs: 8:44pm On Jun 09, 2013
Afam4evaIsASlut:

And he acted real ignorant and arrogant; basically thumbing his nose at Kenyan Authorities. Even if youre innocent, those were very serious charges and theres a certain way to respond especially since youre in a foreign country and everyone is watching.

I guess he had it coming.

Watching a lot of videos about him on youtube, the guy seems to have had a dirty history. From his wife who went to jail in India for drugs to the divorce and property dispute. I don't know why anyone should feel sorry for such a person, he certainly had it coming.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Deportee From Kenya Narrates Ordeal by iconaus: 8:46pm On Jun 09, 2013
This is common in many african countries . Nigerian government should do some thing . I have lived in African countries and this what happens to sucessful Nigerian Business men.
Re: Nigerian Deportee From Kenya Narrates Ordeal by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jun 09, 2013
Van snickers:

Source: http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/?articleID=2000085156&story_title=Kenya-nigerian-businessman-chinedu-deported

Our Friend is not as innocent as he wants us to think.
If truly he was found guilty of drug trafficking, are they (Kenyan security) supposed to arrest him, charge him to court and let him face a formal court prosecution or deport him? While charter a jet to deport him This kind of story isn't new because I have an uncle, though late, who was once a victim of sth like this in Ghana.

Igbos are hardworking wherever they are, and for that, they succeed very easily and this does intimidate the indigenes of wherever they are living, and before you know it, they will start labelling them- ritualists, drug peddlers, etc, just to ensure they bring them down.

It is also familiar in this country Nigeria, especially in the northern regions.

Anyway, one of the mistakes Igbo guys do make always is marrying the indigenes of wherever they live. It doesn't always favour them, and that's why you hardly see an European or American marrying a citizen or indigene of a place he is doing business, but Igbo guys won't ever learn.

His estranged wife has a hand in his present predicament, that's the nature of most women- they are always the cannonfolder for bringing down great men, and women ought to ponder over this and change for good cos its really an act of inhumane!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Deportee From Kenya Narrates Ordeal by immortalcrown(m): 8:54pm On Jun 09, 2013
Since we are not safe in our own country, can our safety be guaranteed in another country? Even Nigeria government in one way or the other does such a thing to some nigerians. Whoever doubts it should think well. Charity begins at home. However, if the story is true, may God console the young man.
Re: Nigerian Deportee From Kenya Narrates Ordeal by klax(m): 8:55pm On Jun 09, 2013
I guess it was because Super Eagle beat them in their own soil and embarrassed them so sorry sore looser.
Re: Nigerian Deportee From Kenya Narrates Ordeal by Pvin: 8:59pm On Jun 09, 2013
Srry ma bro.
Never heard of anycase of Nigeria deporting anybody, why?
Re: Nigerian Deportee From Kenya Narrates Ordeal by trolling(m): 9:02pm On Jun 09, 2013
gbanikiti: True talk! but why this absolute hatred for Nigerians? who is actually to be blamed for this? the government or nigerians?
una never see anything yet dem go soon show una for 9ja where una call your home,lost people

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Deportee From Kenya Narrates Ordeal by kpozite(m): 9:04pm On Jun 09, 2013
If only I can I will just send 20 Ombaste back in that jet to do justice on them morons.
Re: Nigerian Deportee From Kenya Narrates Ordeal by coputa(m): 9:07pm On Jun 09, 2013
The ibos doing biz in other countries are the cause of their woes....instead of them to go about it with tact,they will invade and dominate the biz domain in these country.,..as expected,it will breed hatred and jealousy from the host....they feel threatened
Re: Nigerian Deportee From Kenya Narrates Ordeal by trolling(m): 9:07pm On Jun 09, 2013
Shobayo Emma: Seems nigerians are being hunt by the whole world. Against all odds; nigerians will survive and rule the world. God bless NIGERIA
it ain't gat nothing to do with Nigeria it's gat to do with the people in Nigeria, it's only gonna get worse for the lost sheeps worldwide
Re: Nigerian Deportee From Kenya Narrates Ordeal by Vado(m): 9:07pm On Jun 09, 2013
Kenyans should gag our sack or better-still, eat dee-k. Nonsense!
Re: Nigerian Deportee From Kenya Narrates Ordeal by dasparrow: 9:15pm On Jun 09, 2013
Gbawe:

Kenyans eff with everyone like that and this is why I know this guy is telling the truth. I am mad at his plight because, as someone also involved in business outside my home countries of Nigeria and the UK, I can relate to what he is going through. The crudeness in some African Countries, even those we assume sophisticated, is such that they can scheme to take what you have built and sunk your money into without any qualms at all. They know that nobody will come to your aid and they act secure in the knowledge they will get away with whatever they do to you.

This same thing happened to a white British woman who was married to a Kenyan. She built a thriving Bar/club business only to find herself arrested and jailed on bogus charges. When her husband attempted to bail her the whole judicial system conspired to keep this woman behind bars under horrid conditions. The reason? A High Court judge wanted her Bar/club business for herself !!! She simply kept the British woman in jail till she completed a take-over of the business. Totally immoral and wicked. This British woman suffered so much in Kenya one would break down and weep for her. In the end she eventually gained her freedom and she immediately went back to the UK with her Kenyan husband and daughter.

I do not know this British lady but I feel sorry for her based on what she had to go through. I am sure she will never see Kenya the same way again. I am curious though, which African countries are indeed friendly to African foreigners living in their midst? I know you have traveled Africa extensively so I would like to hear your view on that please.
Re: Nigerian Deportee From Kenya Narrates Ordeal by 99cent: 9:16pm On Jun 09, 2013
buying house and building business in another man's land doesn't mean u own d place. u can be kicked out at anytime esp if you aren't humble or if u are into illegal business. He should be thanking God that they didn't burn him alive as they do to them in South Africa. that's just reality. maybe he was flaunting his wealth and acting arrogant. Many igbos like to boast that they own all the land and riches in Africa anyway. It's hard to pity them.

maybe MASSOB should declare a 3 day sit-at-home mourning in honor of their deported member from Kenya grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Deportee From Kenya Narrates Ordeal by LabourParty(m): 9:21pm On Jun 09, 2013
dasparrow:

I do not know this British lady but I feel sorry for her based on what she had to go through. I am sure she will never see Kenya the same way again. I am curious though, which African countries are indeed friendly to African foreigners living in their midst? I know you have traveled Africa extensively so I would like to hear your view on that please.

I'm starting to think that Nigeria is most friendly and welcoming nation for all Africans, because we don't discriminate.

I can't remember the last time I heard that the Nigerian government treated a foreigner badly.

We welcome people a lot , sometime more than our own people.
Re: Nigerian Deportee From Kenya Narrates Ordeal by dasparrow: 9:23pm On Jun 09, 2013
DailyNews: If truly he was found guilty of drug trafficking, are they (Kenyan security) supposed to arrest him, charge him to court and let him face a formal court prosecution or deport him? While charter a jet to deport him This kind of story isn't new because I have an uncle, though late, who was once a victim of sth like this in Ghana.

Igbos are hardworking wherever they are, and for that, they succeed very easily and this does intimidate the indigenes of wherever they are living, and before you know it, they will start labelling them- ritualists, drug peddlers, etc, just to ensure they bring them down.

It is also familiar in this country Nigeria, especially in the northern regions.

Anyway, one of the mistakes Igbo guys do make always is marrying the indigenes of wherever they live. It doesn't always favour them, and that's why you hardly see an European or American marrying a citizen or indigene of a place he is doing business, but Igbo guys won't ever learn.

His estranged wife has a hand in his present predicament, that's the nature of most women- they are always the cannonfolder for bringing down great men, and women ought to ponder over this and change for good cos its really an act of inhumane!

@Bolded

This is not the time to rant like a typical Nigerian chauvinist. No one is begging anyone to marry or be with women. There is always the option to remain single - which by the way is not a crime - or go and become a gay which is a sin according to God's word the bible. Both men and women do each other great harm atimes and that is why we continue to see a breakdown of the family unit. There are an increasing number of kids being raised in single parent households and domestic violence is on the rise especially in Nigeria where women literally have no rights. So, both men and women need to ponder on this. Stop trying to make this a gender affair because men are no saints and neither are women. There are good and bad people in both genders.
Re: Nigerian Deportee From Kenya Narrates Ordeal by 99cent: 9:26pm On Jun 09, 2013
ACM10: Another dumbass brother lamenting after his properties and investments in foreign land was seized. Igbos buying lands and investing in Abuja, Lagos and other non-eastern states should learn from this man. The same fate awaits you. Marrying the locals do not exempt you from harsh treatment when time comes. Your wife will even connive with her brothers to dispossess you of all your belongings.

Na so we see am o.
The day Biafra materializes is the day many of them will start being deported from Lagos, Abuja and other non-igbo cities.
Instead of them to appreciate what they have here in Nigeria and embrace their country + work together to make thing better. they choose to reject Nigeria not realizing the amount of benefit they get from being part of this great country.

how will biafra help this kenyan deportee now?
Re: Nigerian Deportee From Kenya Narrates Ordeal by dasparrow: 9:26pm On Jun 09, 2013
LabourParty:

I'm starting to think that Nigeria is most friendly and welcoming nation for all Africans, because we don't discriminate.

I can't remember the last time I heard that the Nigerian government treated a foreigner badly.

We welcome people a lot , sometime more than our own people.

So that means that apart from Nigeria, Nigerians cannot invest or live in other African countries in peace without the natives of their host country wanting their heads on a platter of gold?

Okay then.
Re: Nigerian Deportee From Kenya Narrates Ordeal by LabourParty(m): 9:30pm On Jun 09, 2013
dasparrow:

So that means that apart from Nigeria, Nigerians cannot invest or live in other African countries in peace without the natives of their host country wanting their heads on a platter of gold?

Okay then.

That's not what I'm saying. I'm an entrepreneur , and I do invest outside of Nigeria a lot.

I'm just saying that we don't treat foreigners like this in Nigeria.
Re: Nigerian Deportee From Kenya Narrates Ordeal by coffyuko: 9:33pm On Jun 09, 2013
you get mind do all this thinks in another country,how many have you done in your country?
Re: Nigerian Deportee From Kenya Narrates Ordeal by Rick9(m): 9:35pm On Jun 09, 2013
What an insult, Kenyans gat no respect for our green passport damn., mehn they are lucky if it was in d days of Alexander D Great, we would have laid siege on kenya and occupy thier land and force thier citizens to pay us taxes and bring us tributes.

Ah but Nigeria don suffer shall, very soon even congo , malawi, go soon start to deport us.
Re: Nigerian Deportee From Kenya Narrates Ordeal by seunny4lif(m): 9:37pm On Jun 09, 2013
ballabriggs:

Watching a lot of videos about him on youtube, the guy seems to have had a dirty history. From his wife who went to jail in India for drugs to the divorce and property dispute. I don't know why anyone should feel sorry for such a person, he certainly had it coming.
You need to visit senegal and see what nigerians are doing as if they own the land...Spending money anyhow and you be wondering where the got the money from...Funny,thing is that i know some who has nothing in nigeria but spends as if they own the country....This Guy is doing illegal business and i can bet that becos that how a guy in senegal got 60million CFA and next thing na to go buy 2 Infinity FX35,a title for is senegalese girlfriend not wife oooh but girlfriend....Now,the guy was caught and deported but he came back by road.....

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Deportee From Kenya Narrates Ordeal by BetaThings: 9:40pm On Jun 09, 2013
Desola:

Tell them ojare!

How can you endorse that post? Manufacturing does not add value to the common man. What adds value then? Tourism? That is mostly an opportunity for nationals of foreign countries with strict laws on underaged prostitution to sample young flesh.
Kenya is rebuilding the country. How? and in what value-adding way?

Lastly. he posts pictures. We know that Colombia, Thailand and Mexico are crime ridden, eps drugs. do you think we cannot find good photos from those places

BTW we should not forget the serious violence that followed the 2007 elections in that country!
Kenyastar is doing hollow PR work here
Re: Nigerian Deportee From Kenya Narrates Ordeal by seunny4lif(m): 9:45pm On Jun 09, 2013
991:

@ the bold
exactly what i have in mind. I've been to Nairobi Kenya around 2007 or so, Nigerians are known for their flamboyant life style, driving expensive cars, luring women with cash, spending money in clubs & beer parlors to an extent that the natives wonder where and how they(Nigerians) make the money they spend.
if you study the topic carefully, you would understand that this is a case between a Nigerian business man and his rival Kenyan politician over/because of a Kenyan woman, the politician now used his political power to chase the Nigerian out of Kenya.
My brother, "who no go no go know"
Guy,u no lie abeg...I don see nigerians characters in over 15 countries and i can bet,this guy is doing illegal business and see the way,he was boasting as if he fit try that with nigerian police or Dss...

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Deportee From Kenya Narrates Ordeal by brownlord: 9:49pm On Jun 09, 2013
I saw it coming, i know this bastard where going to do sometin funny after loosing to our super eagles, make thunder fire that useless country, lagos state IGR alone can feed the whole of kenya and ghana put together, and they want to keep robbing shoulder wit us, they tink we are mates, just one of our senator can singlehandedly sponsor kenya election for 20 yrs without going to the bank,

Abeg make our president just add kenya join the state of emmergency, send our gallant soldiers to go level that land useless and back kenya
Re: Nigerian Deportee From Kenya Narrates Ordeal by ichidodo: 9:53pm On Jun 09, 2013
We igbo men should use our tongue to count our teeth.Marrying a native is a fantastic way of gettin into the good books of your host which in retrospect is good for business-i'd marry a yoruba woman if it will help my biz- but it is quite horrible to see our dear brother hitched with the 'wrong' native to say the least.Please let us shine our eyes well well.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

5 Ministers With Biggest ‘headaches’ / Soldiers Had An Accident In Borno While Rushing To Rescue Civilians (Video) / South African Newspaper, IOL, Knocks Buhari Over Frequent Foreign Medical Trips

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.