Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,851 members, 7,838,059 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 02:47 PM

Nigerian Deportee From Kenya Narrates Ordeal - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Deportee From Kenya Narrates Ordeal (34968 Views)

Nigeria Arrests 22 Boko Haram Members Among Deportee From Cameroon / Igbo Deportee From Lagos Dies, Five Others In Critical Health Condition / Angolan Deportee Dies In The Plane. Security Firm G4s Could Be Charged (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Deportee From Kenya Narrates Ordeal by Kenyanstar: 12:37pm On Jun 10, 2013
Most of you who doubt Kenya and east Africas beauty can check this..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Cxm7IWVhn0&list=PL209960290B9462B1
[url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fe3WGtLSv3U&list=PL209960290B9462B1
[/url]

KENYA ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Deportee From Kenya Narrates Ordeal by Gbawe: 12:45pm On Jun 10, 2013
Tony Spike: There is one thing I dislike about Nigerians on this forum. We are rapidly judgmental, credulous and incredibly sentimental.

[b]I'm in my office now and I mentioned this deportation story to my Kenyan colleague. To my amazement, He mentioned Chinedu's name even before I concluded the story. He told me this guy is a popular drug baron back in Nairobi, if not the most popular Nigerian. Everybody knows what He does in Kenya and He's a friend to some powerful interests in the government. Unfortunately, it seems the recent change in government in Kenya changed all His connections at the top. There are always two sides to a story, we only heard Chinedu's side of the story and everyone on Nairaland is bashing Kenya unnecessarily. It is imperative to get the true picture of a gist before we comment. Chinedu's travail in Kenya is similar that of His brother, Frank Nebolisa in South Africa. This is what you get when you indulge in shady and illegitimate business in another man's land. Unfortunately, there are many Nigerians aspiring to be the next Chinedus already embarking on such crazy journeys to Malaysia, Singapore, Spain, South Africa, India, Holland and even Kenya.[/b] Afterall, I must mek am before December...

You say Nigerians are "rapidly judgmental". Are you right when the facts are inspected dispassionately? Can you shun sentiments and look at issues as someone dedicated to the law and a respect for the fundamental human rights of others?

They say he is a drug dealer. You believe them and , naturally, your Kenyan colleague will be inclined to agree because he does not want to see let alone admit his nation has done wrong. If the man is indeed a drug dealer why not prosecute him, prove his guilt and punish him? Is that not what would happen in all developed nations of the world and is it not what we should all be asking to see to ensure Africa measures up as per the respect for the fundamental human rights of everyone

How come drugs appear or is mentioned and the next action is deportation that conveniently leaves the man's asset at the mercy of scavengers who leave their own conduct open to suspicion with their disinterest in following how the law should act? Truth is that we have a long way to go as a race and as a continent.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Deportee From Kenya Narrates Ordeal by texaco1: 1:06pm On Jun 10, 2013
Kenyanstar: At least i can safely say that with time some reply's here are getting more sensible compared to the hostile ones that were there before... Chinedu is not a saint as most of you here are portraying him, he has been the main link of powerful Nigerian cartel of drug trafficking between Nigeria-Kenya-South Africa. The reason why he was not prosecuted and which raised eyebrows is that powerful Nigerians that he works for were always intervening on his behalf. He was a holder of a diplomatic passport thus enjoying diplomatic immunity. The deportation of nigerians involved in drug trafficking was in the works when Good luck Jonathan came for Kenyas presidential inauguration. The matter was extensivley discussed and a solution was reached that all suspected drugs dealers would be deported back to Nigeria. The deportation was done in a transparent and legal way and cut across different nationalities and not only Nigerians were involved as Chinedu tried to show. Why dont you ask yourself if chinedu was really into clean business, his wife went to court during there divorce hearing and gory images of domestic violence, drug abuse and illegal activities were part of the drama that was involved during the court hearing. Most Nigerians in Kenyan jails are mostly former Chinedu drug mules but due to their lack of money they end rotting in jail. All of the seem to mention him as a contact every time they are caught but due to his economic might he always manages to bail himself out. Instead of blaming Kenya why dont you sift through his words carefully and see the anger and bitterness with which he curses the country that provided opportunity for him for 20 years. The property he purports was disposed from him is being held in trust for his children after the divorce case ruled in favour off the childrens future. Other properties that the government repossessed were classified as government property after the law provides that any property got from illegal activity can be repossessed by the government. Most of what he calls a 5 star hotel was a conduit for Money laundering and basically lacked any facility that can classify it as a 5 star hotel. The "hotel" rooms were refuge centers for drug mules on transit to other countries. When the audit of all properties he purports to have were done during his divorce case millions of tax evasion cases were unearthed thus raising the governments suspicion that he was dealing in illegal businesses.
SO ALL OF YOU DEFENDING HIM SHOULD GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT....

Kenya is a country that provides opportunities to all legitimate business people and its beauty is unrivaled to any in africa, NOT EVEN POOR NIGERIA can beat this [url]https://www.nairaland.com/51356/nairobi-photos-kenya-beautiful-east [/url]
thanks for this write up,at least 6 ppl have confirmed that chinedu is a criminal.i think the best thing for nigerians to do is the condemm any nigerian engaging in criminal activities abroad and tarnishing our image .but that doesnt mean that there arent racial issues involved .afterall this is africa

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Deportee From Kenya Narrates Ordeal by boron10(m): 1:07pm On Jun 10, 2013
Banku&Tilapia:

Big mouth eeeediot so ur country is about to do all diz n u don't enjoy constant electricity which is a basic necessity. Think before u talk u doughnut cheesy
I can't decipher was brought the issue of lack electricity in what is on ground.

It may however please you to know that your shitty country isn't half as good as you portray it.www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/artikel.php?ID=272039

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Deportee From Kenya Narrates Ordeal by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jun 10, 2013
Gbawe:

You say Nigerians are "rapidly judgmental". Are you right when the facts are inspected dispassionately? Can you shun sentiments and look at issues as someone dedicated to the law and a respect for the fundamental human rights of others?

They say he is a drug dealer. You believe them and , naturally, your Kenyan colleague will be inclined to agree because he does not want to see let alone admit his nation has done wrong. If the man is indeed a drug dealer why not prosecute him, prove his guilt and punish him? Is that not what would happen in all developed nations of the world and is it not what we should all be asking to see to ensure Africa measures up as per the respect for the fundamental human rights of everyone

How come drugs appear or is mentioned and the next action is deportation that conveniently leaves the man's asset at the mercy of scavengers who leave their own conduct open to suspicion with their disinterest in following how the law should act? Truth is that we have a long way to go as a race and as a continent.

Yes we have long way, and your people's criminal activities in other countries isn't helping, STOP DEFENDING THEM.
Re: Nigerian Deportee From Kenya Narrates Ordeal by Gbawe: 1:10pm On Jun 10, 2013
Ironi:

You Gbawe always like to blow issues and make it look unique. You are always here trashing other nationals in trying to make Nigeria look good.

You talk as if criminal issues don't go on in Nigeria.

The land issue you talked about is true and it did not happen just because you are a Nigerian. As I speak a land I bought for about $18000 9yrs ago has almost been stolen from me. These happens a lot in Ghana and I bet it happens a lot too in Nigeria so get off your high horses in trying to make your country look good compared to others

We all know who the real criminals are in Africa.

I think you have a problem with comprehending what others write. I am not trying to trash anyone to make Nigeria look good. Merely showing that you guys host many criminal-minded, predatory, wicked and xenophobic citizens too. I give examples (and can even give many more) to illustrate the wicked conduct of some of your people. I did that to show that you many hardworking and upright Nigerians can be victims of your crooked ways too even if you do not have the decency to admit so.

You cannot simply adjudge all Nigerians as automatically guilty criminals and then proceed to victimize them because of the actions of a few. It is then tragic when the default position is for everyone, including Nigerians, to talk as if Nigerians deserve whatever treatment is meted out to them. You should prove I try to make my country look good or simply shut up and stop your show of sentiments. My point is that it is totally wrong for some, themselves very corrupt and criminal-minded, to get away with hounding Nigerians merely because a lynch-mob mentality exist against them.

You all hollowly espouse "one love" and all such bullsh1t yet how many of you have asked on this thread, including the annoying Kenyan here, that this man be simply prosecuted and jailed if indeed a criminal? Is that not what we see in the West? Why don't you go and deal drugs in the UK and see whether they will merely deport you and take over your asset if you are arrested?

Is it right, without a conviction proving his crime, for this guy to be deported and all his assets inherited by undeserving scavengers who may have had this very scenario in mind? Does two wrongs make a right? Guy, most of you are just into a vacuous demonization of others and the blind defense of your nation and this is why it has not occurred to many of you that this Nigerian has fundamental human rights that may have been trampled on. It is very convenient for everyone to ignore that because of the witch hunt mentality against Nigerians even Nigerians themselves support. What would be easier or better than prosecuting the guy to the full extent of the law and punishing him if his guilt is established? As he, if it was the West, not fulfilled most conditions that would have conferred citizenship on an individual? When his business and legitimate endeavors paid massive taxes to Kenya, there was no complaint then. Now it all about the "criminal Nigerian" booted out with no one picking on the fact that this could indeed be a well-ochestrated conspiracy to take over his asset.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Deportee From Kenya Narrates Ordeal by TonySpike: 1:23pm On Jun 10, 2013
Gbawe:

Tell me, sir, what exactly do you know about the man called Chinedu? We don't need to endlessly go back and forth on this issue. If you know the mess some of our people have caused (and are still causing) in the Eastern and Southern axes of Africa, you'll understand why some stories are quite believable. As for Chinedu's case, I personally believe his hands were not clean; that factor alone worked against his divorce and deportation issues. Although, I do agree that some of the terms of his deportation were unpalatable, it is only fair to work with the info on ground. Have you read about Frank Nebolisa's case in South Africa? These guys are well-connected to their host nation's government, and I'm sure Chinedu is also. Thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Deportee From Kenya Narrates Ordeal by Gbawe: 1:35pm On Jun 10, 2013
Tony Spike:

Tell me, sir, what exactly do you know about the man called Chinedu? We don't need to endlessly go back and forth on this issue. If you know the mess some of our people have caused (and are still causing) in the Eastern and Southern axes of Africa, you'll understand why some stories are quite believable. As for Chinedu's case, I personally believe his hands were not clean; that factor alone worked against his divorce and deportation issues. Although, I do agree that some of the terms of his deportation were not palatable, it is only fair to work with the info on ground. Have you read about Frank Nebolisa's case in South Africa? These guys are well-connected to their host nation's government, and I'm sure Chinedu is also. Thanks

Not much and I do not need to know much. I only insist that he has a valid case when he said others acted in ways that made it obvious they coveted his assets. There are examples to show that this has indeed been the case in the past. What we should all insist on is that he should be prosecuted and punished of any wrongdoing if others do not have anything to hide and are not cynically just using the reputation of Nigerians to achieve a scavenging agenda.

What is easier, to abet the development of Africa and our united commitment to human rights, than we all ask for allegation against Chinedu to be proven and then for him to be punished? Do we all now become human rights abusers or endorsing of such because every Nigerian is deemed a criminal by some?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Deportee From Kenya Narrates Ordeal by texaco1: 1:35pm On Jun 10, 2013
lets get this picture straight and clear.the truth remains that very few nigerians are giving this wonderful country nigeria a bad image outside but engaging in criminal activities which their host countries do not like.
i think it is the duty of we the nigerian majority to condemm these acts of ciminaity by these very minute number of nigerias so that people outside will know that crime is not part and parcel of our culture.
we cant blame this host countries when and if they take measures to curb these set of nigerians but we can condemm them if there actions goes to the extreme of affecting law abiding nigerians in their countries

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Deportee From Kenya Narrates Ordeal by Cusubaba(m): 1:35pm On Jun 10, 2013
Banku&Tilapia:

Is ur country nigeria any better wen it cums to ethics? Loudmouth creatures u spew nonsense about other countries whiles ur hell hole nigeria is up to no good apart from housing over 100 million up and coming armed robbers .........
Hahahaha.....typical lazy burnt brain Ghanaian suffering from inferiority complex. Bastard lazy monkey, after u finish barking like hungry mad dog, u will beg woman to feed u as usual. Village monkey, continue barking where smart Nigerians are reaping Ghana off and ur women are now kitty-cat to Nigerians. Pls monkey, tell ur bleaching face president John Mahama to stop visiting Nigeria begging money and free gas. Tell him that Nigerians are tired of seeing his bleeching face in Nigeria. Village bastard.
Re: Nigerian Deportee From Kenya Narrates Ordeal by Rossikk(m): 1:46pm On Jun 10, 2013
texaco1:
because Nigerians have refused to stay in their own country undecided
I don't see them attacking Indians, Chinese, Lebanese.
Re: Nigerian Deportee From Kenya Narrates Ordeal by Rossikk(m): 2:01pm On Jun 10, 2013
Kenyanstar:

[url]
[/url]

Do you have any idea how retar.ded you come across? You really dig the depths of tomfoolery. I think it's your low IQ responsible.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Deportee From Kenya Narrates Ordeal by TonySpike: 2:06pm On Jun 10, 2013
Gbawe:

Not much and I do not need to know much. I only insist that he has a valid case when he said others acted in ways that made it obvious they coveted his assets. There are examples to show that this has indeed been the case in the past. What we should all insist on is that he should be prosecuted and punished of any wrongdoing if others do not have anything to hide and are not cynically just using the reputation of Nigerians to achieve a scavenging agenda.

What is easier, to abet the development of Africa and our united commitment to human rights, than we all ask for allegation against Chinedu to be proven and then for him to be punished? Do we all now become human rights abusers or endorsing of such because every Nigerian is deemed a criminal by some?

I'm just being told that the new President of Kenya gave the judicial guys an executive fiat to deport him and all other accomplices. I think this guy called Chinedu was playing the ball with Kenyan government officials for long. The new democratic dispensation in Kenya, however, finalised the issues concerning his deportation...

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Deportee From Kenya Narrates Ordeal by Abali1(m): 2:11pm On Jun 10, 2013
I just can't connect with this guys woes.
You left Naija for Kenya, God blessed you there. You got married to a Kenyan and had kids by her, made your investments in the country. Then you had set backs with Kenyan authorities and they deported you.
WHY IN THE NAME OF GOD DO YOU WISH NIGERIAN GOVT TO FIGHT YOUR BATTLES FOR YOU.
You never cared to make some of those investments in Nigeria (I care less whether it was drug or genuine business).
We have Igbos all over the world making the same mistakes. You leave you the lands of your fathers to another man's place and God prospers you, but you will forget the land of your birth untill trouble comes calling. HE IS A GROWN MAN WHO MADE HIS CHOICES, HE SHOULD LIVE BY THE CONSEQUENCES OF THOSE PAST CHOICES HE MADE.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Deportee From Kenya Narrates Ordeal by Lafem(m): 2:30pm On Jun 10, 2013
texaco1: lets get this picture straight and clear.the truth remains that very few nigerians are giving this wonderful country nigeria a bad image outside but engaging in criminal activities which their host countries do not like.
i think it is the duty of we the nigerian majority to condemm these acts of ciminaity by these very minute number of nigerias so that people outside will know that crime is not part and parcel of our culture.
we cant blame this host countries when and if they take measures to curb these set of nigerians but we can condemm them if there actions goes to the extreme of affecting law abiding nigerians in their countries

KPOM!
Re: Nigerian Deportee From Kenya Narrates Ordeal by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jun 10, 2013
Kenyanstar:

[url]
[/url]

I really love the music but sounds very Congolese, I must say. And where is the azz? Those ladies are shakin sometin but does not look.like as, still better than naija azz. I guess thats what the waist shawls are for, to help in the shakin aaaigth!
Not bad! BUT wassup with the big long dresses? Is the guy Moslem? Wow, good to see Moslems habe their women shake wat their mama gabe them. There is really hope for human kind, or am i to say Moslem kind?

And by the way sweetheart, please do not ry to appologise for your country, Nigerians do not give a rattzz azzz and actually do not understand logic. The more you appologise the more
they rain insults on you, the only language theyunderstand is insults. Just curse them back girl you'll see then all insults will die down. Good luck!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Deportee From Kenya Narrates Ordeal by chriskwaku: 2:58pm On Jun 10, 2013
Banku&Tilapia:

Big mouth eeeediot so ur country is about to do all diz n u don't enjoy constant electricity which is a basic necessity. Think before u talk u doughnut cheesy
Stop the insults
Re: Nigerian Deportee From Kenya Narrates Ordeal by staaari: 3:07pm On Jun 10, 2013
[B]LESSON:
Make your money abroad but bring it back home quickly.[/b]

This reminds of an India man in Nigeria, he never had more than $10,000 on him in Nigeria.
But sends back to his country about $100,000 every month.

NO PLACE LIKE HOME. [b]LESSON:
Make your money abroad but bring it back home quickly.

This reminds of an India man in Nigeria, he never had more than $10,000 on him in Nigeria.
But sends back to his country about $100,000 every month.
Re: Nigerian Deportee From Kenya Narrates Ordeal by chriskwaku: 3:14pm On Jun 10, 2013
[quote author=Gbawe]
Man mi, I cannot speak for others but there is nothing politically correct in my submissions. Take it from me that there is no expensive lawyer that can prevent injustice winning in some African Countries. Did you not read what I wrote about a Kenyan female court judge ordering the arrest and unjust imprisonment o a Briton to take over her business? You are dead wrong saying he is "spewing nonsense about some schemes to take over his business". Notice my first contribution here was to quote what is written below:

The guy is 100% correct with that assertion. I am not here to tell you Nigerians are not involved in unsavoury business but ignore the sheer wickedness and predatory immorality of other Africans at your own peril. The first land I bought in Ghana was as far back as year 2003. My wife is of Ghanaian origin but born and bred in the UK so we naturally purchased the land in her name. We had been travelling to Ghana and Nigeria together since around year 2000 visiting family. I simply analysed obvious data/information to note that the land, in an exclusive and historical part of Accra with finite availability , was good value at $6,000.000.

Within two years the land had appreciated in value considerably and the land owner, because I had done nothing on the plot, called me in the UK and told me to put up something because many of his friends were telling him to give the "Nigerian" back what "he paid" , when the land was now worth a lot more money, and sell the land to them. That was how predatorily heartless they were willing to be. He told me they bitched about how I could have such a valuable plot when I am a "foreigner" and they were more "entitled to it" - never mind they showed no foresight or proactive interest in buying the land he had previously advertised for a whole year and told all of them about !!!

The land owner told me all this because he is a former Europe-based diasporan (Belgium) who had moved back home to set up a car dealership business and we naturally had a lot in common since I used to travel to Belgium, from the UK, to buy left hand drive cars. Had he been so inclined, he could have done what they asked (since I had not fenced the plot and it was overgrown with weed at the time) and even claimed I forged the land registry documents and gotten me into serious trouble as many innocent Nigerians find themselves in !!! Nothing would have prevented me losing the plot if the land owner had being an ill-exposed and petty individual. This is only one of many personal examples. I can tell you of a Korean business man who set up a freight-forwarding business in Ghana. To 'circumvent' certain registration obstacles, he engaged a Ghanaian couple to front the business for him. The unethical duo actually schemed him out completely once the business was thriving. Today, they have run the business into the ground with incompetence.

Kenya is far worse than Ghana in my opinion. Make what you will of the guy but do not discount his talk that Kenyan elites engaged in a deliberate conspiracy to take over what he has built. He is right in that regard and they would have taken perverse pleasure in doing it too. Believe me. [/quot
The name brings memories.My sis did her service there. On the land issue believe me it could hv happened to even a native espercially if it is located in ridge.,airport or labone.
Re: Nigerian Deportee From Kenya Narrates Ordeal by Gbawe: 3:22pm On Jun 10, 2013
Kenyanstar:

[url]
[/url]

It is only self-loathing of many Nigerians, because of the guilt they feel over the antics of a few, that allows you to run around idiotically pretending to be what you are not. Your country is hideously corrupt. How many Nigerians know that kenya was joint place with Nigeria (139) on the 2012 corruption perception index? This is what I hate about some Africans and this is why I speak. You have no problem coming here and pretending to be virtuous when your country is every bit as corrupt as Nigeria. Nigerians have no qualm admitting their Nation is corrupt and that we have criminal-minded folks amongst us while hypocrites like you run around making a fool of yourself with only the ignorant indulging you.

Like I said, it is the self loathing of some Nigerians that makes them blind to the fact that they should be asking questions about the antics of your corrupt judiciary. I would expect Nigerians to minimally wonder why your country simply did not conclude the prosecution of this man to establish his guilt conclusively. Given the corrupt nature of your judiciary and politicians, no better than what obtains in Nigeria, and the assertion of this man that his asset was targeted cynically, i would say the hasty deportation solidly hints that this is a cynical assset-grabbing conspiracy. If your corrupt judiciary had tried and found him guilty then we would not be having this conversation would we?

Below is the 2012 corruption perception index if anyone cares to look.

http://en.gabonews.com/headlines-reader-en/items/the-corruption-perception-index-2012.html

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Deportee From Kenya Narrates Ordeal by Gbawe: 3:36pm On Jun 10, 2013
chriskwaku: The name brings memories. My sis did her service there. On the land issue believe me it could hv happened to even a native espercially if it is located in ridge.,airport or labone.

What name? With the land issue, you do not get my point. Of course I am aware the practices is common. My point is that several of his friends specifically wanted to work the angle that he has no business obliging a Nigerian. They wanted to make him feel good about cheating others via instigating xenophobia.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Deportee From Kenya Narrates Ordeal by gbanikiti(m): 3:36pm On Jun 10, 2013
A Nigerian man who is married to a Kenyan for over 18 years is now being accused of drug dealings? why didnt they find out all these years? why not prosecute him over there in Kenya? I haven't heard of someone caught with drugs and he is deported. NEVER!! The person is made to face charges and probably go to jail. Why should Chinedu's case be different?

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Deportee From Kenya Narrates Ordeal by tpia5: 3:45pm On Jun 10, 2013
good question!!!!

can he even locate nigeria on a map!!!!
Re: Nigerian Deportee From Kenya Narrates Ordeal by Rossikk(m): 3:49pm On Jun 10, 2013
India is far more corrupt than that index suggests.

Funny how Iraq and Afghanistan have become so corrupt since US intervention there. And to think some folks actually call for similar US intervention in Nigeria. Be careful what you ask for... cool
Re: Nigerian Deportee From Kenya Narrates Ordeal by Jenny20(f): 3:55pm On Jun 10, 2013
Gbawe, stop waisting your time explaining to those block heads, their mind has already been program to see every Nigerian in a bad light.

Assuming the guy (Chinedu) is a drug kingpin as some of them said, so why wouldn't the govt of Kenya follow the rule of law and take him to court so he could be judged, and if found guilty, he should be dully punished and his asset confiscated by the Govt.

If we are to believe what is being said about the guy, why couldn't the Govt of Kenya carry out a thorough investigation on him, wire tape, surveillance and so forth.

Why wisk him away in a private jet, without the course of justice taken place. There's a lot of conspiracy within the Govt of Kenya, and all this is just for them to lay hands on his assets. It is totally unjust!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Deportee From Kenya Narrates Ordeal by ACM10: 4:03pm On Jun 10, 2013
gbanikiti: A Nigerian man who is married to a Kenyan for over 18 years is now being accused of drug dealings? why didnt they find out all these years? why not prosecute him over there in Kenya? I haven't heard of someone caught with drugs and he is deported. NEVER!! The person is made to face charges and probably go to jail. Why should Chinedu's case be different?

My sister, thank you jare. It's appaling that Nigerians are blinded by bigotry. Just because Chinedu from Anambra was mentioned, many Nigerians are declaring him guilty as charged. GBAWE, I salute and respect you for approaching this issue with objectivity.
Can someone tell me of any country in the world that deports drug barons? Only bigoted Nigerians will agree with Kenya's account. The issue is that they want to dispossess Chinedu of his properties and investments using false pretense. I challenge the Kenyan authorities to prove that Chinedu is indeed a drug baron in a civilian court of law. Let them jail him if he is guilty as charged.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Deportee From Kenya Narrates Ordeal by texaco1: 4:03pm On Jun 10, 2013
Jenny20: Gbawe, stop waisting your time explaining to those block heads, their mind has already been program to see every Nigerian in a bad light.

Assuming the guy (Chinedu) is a drug kingpin as some of them said, so why wouldn't the govt of Kenya follow the rule of law and take him to court so could can be judged, and if found guilty, he should be dully punished and his asset confiscated by the Govt.

If we are to believe what is being said about the guy, why could the Govt of Kenya carry out a thorough investigation on him, wire tape, surveillance and so forth.

Why wisk him away in a private jet, without the course of justice taken place. There's a lot of conspiracy within the Govt of Kenya, and all this is just for them to lay hands on his assets. It is totally unjust!
why will they single him out of hundreds of foreigner doing business and making it in kenya ?is he the only millionaire foreigner in kenya with assets ?
you have to understand the rule of law is different with each country.the way uae handles their on legal case is different from that of nigeria.if the govt of kenya feels that shipping the guy out in the middle of the night is best then so be it.the main issue is where ever u are dont break the law.i always tell people that any country i visit the first thing i ask about is their laws and custom.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Deportee From Kenya Narrates Ordeal by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jun 10, 2013
Gbawe:
Man mi, I cannot speak for others but there is nothing politically correct in my submissions. Take it from me that there is no expensive lawyer that can prevent injustice winning in some African Countries. Did you not read what I wrote about a Kenyan female court judge ordering the arrest and unjust imprisonment o a Briton to take over her business? You are dead wrong saying he is "spewing nonsense about some schemes to take over his business". Notice my first contribution here was to quote what is written below:

The guy is 100% correct with that assertion. I am not here to tell you Nigerians are not involved in unsavoury business but ignore the sheer wickedness and predatory immorality of other Africans at your own peril. The first land I bought in Ghana was as far back as year 2003. My wife is of Ghanaian origin but born and bred in the UK so we naturally purchased the land in her name. We had been travelling to Ghana and Nigeria together since around year 2000 visiting family. I simply analysed obvious data/information to note that the land, in an exclusive and historical part of Accra with finite availability , was good value at $6,000.000.

Within two years the land had appreciated in value considerably and the land owner, because I had done nothing on the plot, called me in the UK and told me to put up something because many of his friends were telling him to give the "Nigerian" back what "he paid" , when the land was now worth a lot more money, and sell the land to them. That was how predatorily heartless they were willing to be. He told me they bitched about how I could have such a valuable plot when I am a "foreigner" and they were more "entitled to it" - never mind they showed no foresight or proactive interest in buying the land he had previously advertised for a whole year and told all of them about !!!

The land owner told me all this because he is a former Europe-based diasporan (Belgium) who had moved back home to set up a car dealership business and we naturally had a lot in common since I used to travel to Belgium, from the UK, to buy left hand drive cars. Had he been so inclined, he could have done what they asked (since I had not fenced the plot and it was overgrown with weed at the time) and even claimed I forged the land registry documents and gotten me into serious trouble as many innocent Nigerians find themselves in !!! Nothing would have prevented me losing the plot if the land owner had being an ill-exposed and petty individual. This is only one of many personal examples. I can tell you of a Korean business man who set up a freight-forwarding business in Ghana. To 'circumvent' certain registration obstacles, he engaged a Ghanaian couple to front the business for him. The unethical duo actually schemed him out completely once the business was thriving. Today, they have run the business into the ground with incompetence.

Kenya is far worse than Ghana in my opinion. Make what you will of the guy but do not discount his talk that Kenyan elites engaged in a deliberate conspiracy to take over what he has built. He is right in that regard and they would have taken perverse pleasure in doing it too. Believe me.
This is very Unfortunate to hear but it is not limited to Nigerians, you are actually very lucky. The same thing has been happening to Ghanaians in the Diaspora and even worse, some of us will come and find that the land we purchased, someone else has built a home on it and living on that land and there is nothing we can do about it as some of our papers are not "legit". In such cases it's always good to have someone there who you trust to look out for your property.
Re: Nigerian Deportee From Kenya Narrates Ordeal by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jun 10, 2013
His deportation is controversial alright, but it is pretty a case of being caught out by a new 'draconian' law.

Nigerian national Chinedu finally gets the boot as unwanted and troublesome foreigners deported

Changes in Government bringing the Immigration Department under the Interior Ministry herald a new era in the ejection of unwanted foreigners. The brisk deportation of 21 foreigners this week, using ministerial powers captured in a new law passed in 2011, is a sign of this change. More foreigners suspected of involvement in crime will be forced out in action “sanctioned by the President” alongside those in the country illegally.

This is sure to rattle civil liberties activists who fear the draconian powers wielded by the Cabinet Secretary for the ministry could be abused. Already lawyer Cliff Ombeta, who represents some of the suspects removed this week, has complained that the removals were “not procedural”.

Sidesteps court
Acting Interior Cabinet Secretary Githu Muigai, who is also the Attorney General, ordered the deportations under a 2011 law that sidesteps court challenges typical in such matters. The powers will fall toMr Joseph ole Lenku, who was sworn-in recently.

In the past, removals that avoided the courts were criticised as irregular, with the rendition of terror suspects in particular declared illegal by the High Court in 2010.

The 2006 ‘deportation’ of the mysterious Artur Margaryan and Artur Sargsyan, on the other hand, was criticised in a parliamentary report as an “orchestrated” escape plan. Going around the law meant some undesirable foreigners could return to Kenya and fight a fresh removal in court.

One of the men removed this week, controversial Nigerian businessman Anthony Chinedu had previously been ‘deported’ in this manner under a different name, but returned to Kenya via the Busia border entry point.

The new law used by Attorney General Githu Muigai to kick Chinedu and about 20 others out of the country requires their removal if they return.

The decision to deport the foreigners was arrived at immediately after President Uhuru Kenyatta declared the Government would deal with drug traffickers and other “merchants of destruction”.

Chinedu has been accused of involvement in narcotics and was facing trial for possession of drug paraphernalia when his removal order was prepared. Uhuru told a crowd at the Nyayo Stadium during last Saturday’s Madaraka Day fete that he would not tolerate anyone who ruins the lives of Kenyan youth by selling them drugs, alcohol and other prohibited substances.

“We are resolved to deal with these merchants of destruction,” he said. He added the Government is committed to protecting the youth from injurious influences and lifestyles that compromise their health and future.Police and intelligence officers who had been watching Chinedu and at least 10 other foreigners acted, rounding up the foreigners on Sunday night. They then involved immigration officials who processed their cases for deportation. The officers had also briefed Prof Muigai, the acting Interior Minister, of their intentions.

Powers to sanction
As the acting minister in charge of Immigration, Muigai has executive powers to sanction a deportation. He approved the removals of Chinedu and five other Nigerians suspected of drug trafficking on Monday.

All were then rushed to the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport (JKIA) for removal.Police attempts to deport the six Nigerians in the past failed after challenge in court. Immigration officials say due process was followed in this week’s rapid removals. Sources at JKIA said deportees were put on international airline flights or chartered aircraft after being warned against being violent during take-off.

The Standard On Saturday established that one of them had previously foiled a deportation by becoming unruly, forcing the plane’s captain to order the officers accompanying him to remove him from the plane.

Nairobi Area head of CID Nicholas Kamwende said those deported included Ghanaian Paul Maison, who he described as “a godfather” in the underworld circles, and Sierra Leonean national Peter Sessay. The Sierra Leonean has in the past resisted deportation by turning violent and stripping naked at JKIA. Others were identified as Nigerians Antony Chinedu Igefuno, Eneke Chimeze (aka Joshua Boafo), Emmanuel Peter Inobemhe, John Peter Osinomuno, Christopher Nawengu Uche, Adebayi Oluwatosin and Toure Abubakar, Guinean Kamara Koman and Japanese national Ono Kazuo Ben. Photos of five of the deportees have been released to the media.

The names and photos of another 10 are yet to be released. Last November, Nigerians Friday Maduekwe, Emanuel Onunorah, Ogba Ajbeze, Temi Ekundayo and John Ozigibo, and Eritrean national Zemuref Zaru, who holds a Canadian passport, were deported under the same law. The deportees were believed to have been part of Chinedu’s cartel.

Source: http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Deportee From Kenya Narrates Ordeal by Gbawe: 4:05pm On Jun 10, 2013
gbanikiti: A Nigerian man who is married to a Kenyan for over 18 years is now being accused of drug dealings? why didnt they find out all these years? why not prosecute him over there in Kenya? I haven't heard of someone caught with drugs and he is deported. NEVER!! The person is made to face charges and probably go to jail. Why should Chinedu's case be different?

That is all I am asking these people. 18 years in the nation, 5 kids, A Kenyan former wife and millions of Dollars in asset plus a 4-star hotel and others. Yet deportation that conveniently exposes his assets to scavenging is what he deserved?

In the UK today, you can gain accelerated citizenship (2 -3 years) instantly by bringing cash of £5 - £10 million to the Country!!! Yet they are deporting a man who has lived in Kenya for 18 years , has his business empire there and several kids who are more Kenyan than Nigerian.

By any standard, this guy should have been tried in Kenya and what happened heightens the suspicion. Do you know that after his arrest, the case was halted and he was summarily deported because they had suddenly discovered he was in the Country "illegally"? Why are the non-Nigerians , if decent folks, not asking that they should deport his asset too? Do you see this sort of shameless asset-grab happening in developed nations?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Deportee From Kenya Narrates Ordeal by tpia5: 4:06pm On Jun 10, 2013
the brisk deportation of 21 foreigners this week

where are they from, i wonder.

nigeria?
Re: Nigerian Deportee From Kenya Narrates Ordeal by malkia7: 4:08pm On Jun 10, 2013
Has it crossed anybody's mind that all the countries in the world can't be against Nigeria out of pure jealousy? Why is it always Nigerians, everywhere you look? I personally sympathized with Chinedu. He is a Kenyan citizen by marriage, has Kenyan children, and has tons of property that belongs to him - how he gained it is something that should have been investigated, but without any incriminating evidence, the hotels and cars are HIS. I have issues with the way he was deported and the fact that I feel that the law seems to have been broken on too many levels in this case.

But that in no way gives anybody the right to go and sell drugs in another country and then start to cry "Nigerians are suffering". It's up to you guys to build your country's reputation. You're all so great at spewing insults... If only that creativity could be used to build others instead of destroy them! If only Nigerians' enterprising nature could be used for good and not for 419, drugs, etc etc etc!! Talk about ICC all you want, but Kenya is miles ahead of Nigeria whichever way you look at it (except for speaking pidgin and eating jollof). If Nigeria is so beautiful, abeg STAY THERE! Stop disturbing people's heads. Marry your own people and invent your cars or whatever. One thing that bugs me about things like this is NOBODY ever seems to be willing to take responsibility or ask the important "what if" questions that can result in productive and positive solutions. It's so irritating sometimes.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

PDP Chieftain Abandons Agbada, Jumps Fence Evading Arrest / Ambode Commissions Multiple Lay-by, Slip Road In Ketu / Atiku Abubakar Pays For Aisha Haruna, An Orphan's Hospital Bills On Christmas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.