Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,906 members, 7,814,064 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:01 AM

Trinitarian Disrespect For God - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Trinitarian Disrespect For God (7802 Views)

A TRINITARIAN Should Explain This Scripture .... / Put Your Hard Questions For Trinitarian Theologians Enigma , Goshen & Company / Poll : Are You A Trinitarian Or ONE GOD Believer - All Welcome To Vote (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by Boomark(m): 10:48pm On Jun 16, 2013
NKJV
Act 3:13 "The God of Abraham, Isaac, and
Jacob, the God of our fathers,

glorified His Servant Jesus,
whom
you delivered up and denied in the
presence of Pilate, when he was
determined to let [Him] go.

Act 3:26 "To you first, God, having raised up
His Servant Jesus,
sent Him to bless
you, in turning away every one [of
you] from your iniquities."

You will do well to tell us how many persons are in the God mentioned in the above quotes. i know you dont like seeing the one in blue. just go and learn especially Godhead and then revisit all they have taught you about trinity to see if they align with bible truth.

2 Likes

Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jun 16, 2013
Boomark: NKJV

whom

His Servant Jesus,
sent Him to bless

You will do well to tell us how many persons are in the God mentioned in the above quotes. i know you dont like seeing the one in blue. just go and learn especially Godhead and then revisit all they have taught you about trinity to see if they align with bible truth.

They don't like seeing anything that debunks their myth grin
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by Boomark(m): 4:26pm On Jun 17, 2013
frosbel:

They don't like seeing anything that debunks their myth grin

Whenever they see the true meaning of Godhead which their trinity assumed it consist of 3 persons, they just shut up and flee. grin

hisblud dumped his new thread and fled like tomorrow no dey. Pygru acted like a blind batimus. Benalvino packed and relocated to another thread. As for Bidam, i don't want to say that he has a dubious eyes which did not see it dubiously. Shdemidemi...make i just wait and see the nature of his elopement.
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by shdemidemi(m): 4:41pm On Jun 17, 2013
Boomark: NKJV

whom

His Servant Jesus,
sent Him to bless

I am not here to out-argue(eme) you. I will just put what proves God in three persons right. Like you have rightly quoted Stephen called Christ a servant of God, fine. Lets check this part of the scripture to answer the reason why Christ could be regarded as a servant and not even a son by Stephen.

Philippians 2:5-8
5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

please check that without being biased, so we can move on to other quotes.
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by Boomark(m): 4:24am On Jun 19, 2013
shdemidemi:

I am not here to out-argue(eme) you. I will just put what proves God in three persons right. Like you have rightly quoted Stephen called Christ a servant of God, fine. Lets check this part of the scripture to answer the reason why Christ could be regarded as a servant and not even a son by Stephen.

7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Of course no arguements(the best).

A look at v5 shows that this is a kind of advice to Christians to remain humble as Christ. That shows the direction the rest of the verses are going to. Now that we have the spirit of God and power in us we should not boast or misuse what we have.

Christ possess the fullness of Godhead(divine qualities) which God gave him, Col 1:19-20, 2:9. With respect to the above, Col 2:10 says "we are possessed of a fullness(completeness) by means of him(is this not enough to make us gods?).

Being in the form of God, he did not ask God to send legions of angels to destroy those beating and spitting on him, he was very humble even before the one who is in authority(pontius pilate).

His reputation is far above what the noble men possess but he took the form of servant(as a man) to serve God. If he service to God ended when he ascended to heaven, then it will be wrong for Peter to call him the holy servant of God in his prayers, it will be wrong for 1Cor 15:27-28 to say he is subject to God, it will be wrong for him to serve God in the temple as a Highpriest and it will be wrong for him to call God HIS God, Rev 3:12.
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by shdemidemi(m): 7:46am On Jun 19, 2013
Boomark:

Of course no arguements(the best).

A look at v5 shows that this is a kind of advice to Christians to remain humble as Christ. That shows the direction the rest of the verses are going to. Now that we have the spirit of God and power in us we should not boast or misuse what we have.

Christ possess the fullness of Godhead(divine qualities) which God gave him, Col 1:19-20, 2:9. With respect to the above, Col 2:10 says "we are possessed of a fullness(completeness) by means of him(is this not enough to make us gods?).

Being in the form of God, he did not ask God to send legions of angels to destroy those beating and spitting on him, he was very humble even before the one who is in authority(pontius pilate).

His reputation is far above what the noble men possess but he took the form of servant(as a man) to serve God. If he service to God ended when he ascended to heaven, then it will be wrong for Peter to call him the holy servant of God in his prayers, it will be wrong for 1Cor 15:27-28 to say he is subject to God, it will be wrong for him to serve God in the temple as a Highpriest and it will be wrong for him to call God HIS God, Rev 3:12.

You are also right here, I believe what the issue is with people arguing against the three distinct nature of God is that we try to reason things with our own logic and understanding. An illustration is When the bible and God see a couple, man and woman as one, we find it hard to see them as one cos we still see two separate entities and two separate people in the physical. Even as God sees them as one, the husband remains the head of the woman, In a similar way we see God and Christ as two.

I have actually decided not to argue about this topic anymore until I have a clearer understanding on how to perfectly explain the relationship between God and HIs only begotten son.
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by Boomark(m): 12:42am On Jun 20, 2013
shdemidemi:

You are also right here, I believe what the issue is with people arguing against the three distinct nature of God is that we try to reason things with our own logic and understanding. An illustration is When the bible and God see a couple, man and woman as one, we find it hard to see them as one cos we still see two separate entities and two separate people in the physical. Even as God sees them as one, the husband remains the head of the woman, In a similar way we see God and Christ as two.

I have actually decided not to argue about this topic anymore until I have a clearer understanding on how to perfectly explain the relationship between God and HIs only begotten son.

I and my Father are one, jn 10:30. One what? It never said "one God". Being one means being in agreement or in union. Husband and wife must be one(in agreement) for their marriage to work. This is just about about abiding in the Father and the Father abiding in him, v38.

John 17:11
11 I will remain in the world no
longer, but they are still in the
world, and I am coming to you.
Holy Father, protect them by the
power of your name, the name
you gave me, so that they may be
one as we are one.

John 17:21
21 that all of them may be one,
Father, just as you are in me and I
am in you. May they also be in us

so that the world may believe that
you have sent me.

Non of these suggests oneness to mean "One God", if not we all will also be made one God with Jesus and the Father because we are one JUST AS they are one.

2 Likes

Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by Nobody: 6:00am On Jun 21, 2013
The Bible clearly states that there is only one God. Deuteronomy 6:4 states, “Hear O Israel, the Lord is our God, the Lord is one.” Isaiah 44:6 states, “I am the first and I am the last, and there is no God besides me.” Clearly, these verses reveal that there is only one God. Yet, there are three separate persons in the Bible who are called God and have the characteristics only God can have. The Trinity is a difficult concept to grasp, because we are finite beings trying to explain an infinite God who is beyond our understanding.
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by truthislight: 1:03pm On Jun 21, 2013
Bidam: The Bible clearly states that there is only one God. Deuteronomy 6:4 states, “Hear O Israel, the Lord is our God, the Lord is one.” Isaiah 44:6 states, “I am the first and I am the last, and there is no God besides me.” Clearly, these verses reveal that there is only one God. Yet, there are three separate persons in the Bible who are called God and have the characteristics only God can have. The Trinity is a difficult concept to grasp, because we are finite beings trying to explain an infinite God who is beyond our understanding.

Thats ^ a lie.

This are other things that the bible calls God:

"Then shall it be for a man to burn: for he will take thereof, and warm himself; yea, he kindleth it, and baketh bread; yea, he maketh a god, and worshippeth it; he maketh it a graven image, and falleth down thereto." (Isaiah 44:15).

"In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them." (2 Corinthians 4:4).

Etc etc etc

add them to your multiple gods to satisfy your urges for multiple gods.

Smh for you people
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jun 21, 2013
truthislight:

Thats ^ a lie.

This are other things that the bible calls God:

"Then shall it be for a man to burn: for he will take thereof, and warm himself; yea, he kindleth it, and baketh bread; yea, he maketh a god, and worshippeth it; he maketh it a graven image, and falleth down thereto." (Isaiah 44:15).
The verse you quoted talks about pagans making idols not GOD.
"In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them." (2 Corinthians 4:4).

Etc etc etc

add them to your multiple gods to satisfy your urges for multiple gods.

Smh for you people
Satan can also be your idol and not God.
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by Frank4YAHWEH(m): 9:33pm On Jun 24, 2013
shdemidemi:

This is a great point in that many are attempting to make Yahshua out to be "God" when in this verse it makes quite clear that Yahshua "made himself of no reputation."

Scripture clearly teaches that there is only one Mighty One ["God"] and that there is no other beside Him. He even says Himself "I know not any!"

ELOHIM: ONE, OR MORE THAN ONE?
http://frank4yahweh.xanga.com/761316151/elohim-one-or-more-than-one

1 Like

Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jun 24, 2013
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by Boomark(m): 6:42am On Jun 25, 2013
Bidam: The Bible clearly states that there is only one God. Deuteronomy 6:4 states, “Hear O Israel, the Lord is our God, the Lord is one.” Isaiah 44:6 states, “I am the first and I am the last, and there is no God besides me.” Clearly, these verses reveal that there is only one God. Yet, there are three separate persons in the Bible who are called God and have the characteristics only God can have. The Trinity is a difficult concept to grasp, because we are finite beings trying to explain an infinite God who is beyond our understanding.

Did you not see what demi and i were doing before you posted this confusion. We were learning. May be pride made you not to post it as a question.

Better scroll up and read cos i answered questions on most of your confusing belief.
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by Nobody: 7:18am On Jun 25, 2013
Boomark:

Did you not see what demi and i were doing before you posted this confusion. We were learning. May be pride made you not to post it as a question.

Better scroll up and read cos i answered questions on most of your confusing belief.
Are you really a christian I don't think so.
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by shdemidemi(m): 9:41am On Jun 25, 2013
@bookmark, I got questions for you. Holla when you r here.
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by Boomark(m): 11:10am On Jun 25, 2013
Bidam: Are you really a christian I don't think so.

You must first of all know what it means to follow Christ who came to reconcile and show us the way to the Father before you know who you will think is a Christian.

Why not go up and learn from what i posted. If you see anything contradictory, point it out. What i wrote does not support trinity so you will have lots of things to point at(not with your finger o).
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by Boomark(m): 11:14am On Jun 25, 2013
shdemidemi: @bookmark, I got questions for you. Holla when you r here.

Am here.
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by shdemidemi(m): 11:28am On Jun 25, 2013
Boomark:

Am here.

The word appeared is the Greek word optomahei, from which we get optometry. And it literally is translated—visibly seen.

Please confirm that statement is right.
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jun 25, 2013
Boomark:

You must first of all know what it means to follow Christ who came to reconcile and show us the way to the Father before you know who you will think is a Christian.

Why not go up and learn from what i posted. If you see anything contradictory, point it out. What i wrote does not support trinity so you will have lots of things to point at(not with your finger o).
Your post reeks of anti-christ. Let me ask you again, are you a christian?
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by Boomark(m): 9:45pm On Jun 25, 2013
shdemidemi:

The word appeared is the Greek word optomahei, from which we get optometry. And it literally is translated—visibly seen.

Please confirm that statement is right.

The term "optometry" comes from the Greek words ὄψις (opsis; "view" ) and μέτρον (metron; "something used to measure", "measure", "rule" ). The root word opto, is a shortened form derived from the Greek word, ophthalmos, meaning, "eye." Like most professions, the practice of optometry education and certification is regulated in most countries. Optometrists and optometry-related organizations interact with governmental agencies, other health care professionals, and the community to deliver eye and vision care.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Optometry

op·tom·e·try (p-tm-tr)
n.
The practice or profession of an optometrist.
[Greek optos, visible; see okw- in Indo-European roots + -metry.]

appear means to be seen
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by Boomark(m): 10:33pm On Jun 25, 2013
Bidam: Your post reeks of anti-christ. Let me ask you again, are you a christian?

Please tell me what makes one a christian. you are now sounding like Ola who started asking me if am a christian when we asked him to explain John 14:3. E be like say you no no know how to handle what i wrote up there? grin tongue
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by shdemidemi(m): 1:25am On Jun 26, 2013
Boomark:

The term "optometry" comes from the Greek words ὄψις (opsis; "view" ) and μέτρον (metron; "something used to measure", "measure", "rule" ). The root word opto, is a shortened form derived from the Greek word, ophthalmos, meaning, "eye." Like most professions, the practice of optometry education and certification is regulated in most countries. Optometrists and optometry-related organizations interact with governmental agencies, other health care professionals, and the community to deliver eye and vision care.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Optometry

op·tom·e·try (p-tm-tr)
n.
The practice or profession of an optometrist.
[Greek optos, visible; see okw- in Indo-European roots + -metry.]

appear means to be seen

Thank you, I can see we both agree on the meaning of appear.

My next question - when you look in the mirror, do you agree with me that you see an image of yourself?
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by Boomark(m): 5:24pm On Jun 26, 2013
shdemidemi:

Thank you, I can see we both agree on the meaning of appear.

My next question - when you look in the mirror, do you agree with me that you see an image of yourself?

Yes. I see the image of myself.
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by shdemidemi(m): 5:56pm On Jun 26, 2013
Boomark:

Yes. I see the image of myself.

Ok, do you agree that the visible image of our invisible God is Christ according to Colossians 1:15?

14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by truthislight: 6:23pm On Jun 26, 2013
shdemidemi:

Ok, do you agree that the visible image of our invisible God is Christ according to Colossians 1:15?

You mean Boomark son is also his image ?

Yes, thats true, we agree. cool
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by shdemidemi(m): 6:29pm On Jun 26, 2013
truthislight:

Did you read my initial question to him? I asked him who he see when he looks in the mirror, he said himself. This has nothing to do with his son. thank you.
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by Boomark(m): 6:38pm On Jun 26, 2013
shdemidemi:

Yes. The same way my son is my image, assuming i could not be seen.

1 Like

Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by Boomark(m): 6:42pm On Jun 26, 2013
truthislight:

wink
I no no wetin demi dey plan for me.
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by shdemidemi(m): 6:43pm On Jun 26, 2013
Boomark:

Yes. The same way my son is my image, assuming i could not be seen.

Assuming.. thank you. But we are talking about a situation where you are definitely around, a perfect image of you is what you can see in the mirror. TRUE OR FALSE?
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by shdemidemi(m): 6:51pm On Jun 26, 2013
Boomark:

wink
I no no wetin demi dey plan for me.

nah common, all for our edification. Please answer sincerely without prejudice.
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by Boomark(m): 6:56pm On Jun 26, 2013
shdemidemi:

Did you read my initial question to him? I asked him who he see when he looks in the mirror, he said himself. This has nothing to do with his son. thank you.

He is right cos colossians 1:15 was talking about another person- the Son. So my son is another person who is the my image. Lets not keep the analogies one sided.
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by Boomark(m): 6:57pm On Jun 26, 2013
shdemidemi:

Assuming.. thank you. But we are talking about a situation where you are definitely around, a perfect image of you is what you can see in the mirror. TRUE OR FALSE?

True

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Prophet TB Joshua Celebrates His 55th Birthday Today / Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens : Obedience Must Be Total / If U Have One Question To Ask God, Wat Will It Be?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.