Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,954 members, 7,814,237 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:38 AM

Trinitarian Disrespect For God - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Trinitarian Disrespect For God (7806 Views)

A TRINITARIAN Should Explain This Scripture .... / Put Your Hard Questions For Trinitarian Theologians Enigma , Goshen & Company / Poll : Are You A Trinitarian Or ONE GOD Believer - All Welcome To Vote (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jun 10, 2013
ijawkid:

Representatives of God were honored.....if you don't honor them then you have in effect dis-honored GOD......

Have you not heard touch not my annointed and do my prophets no harm??........you harm,dishonor,berate them and then you are doing exactly that to God the Father who sent them.....

And all kings of isreal were bowed down to and paid homage to......

You are still not getting it are you? i said W.O.R.S.H.I.P as explained in all of the bible passages concerning J.E.S.U.S
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by ijawkid(m): 9:18pm On Jun 10, 2013
Bidam: You are still not getting it are you? i said W.O.R.S.H.I.P as explained in all of the bible passages concerning J.E.S.U.S

YES...........bowing down,prostrating as before a king,paying homage.......

No Jew who(except the ones who were drunkards) would literally be worshipping Jesus thinking he is GOD.....

For goodness sake these are Jews who knew Yahweh there God is one Yahweh......

Those persons who met Jesus simply paid homage and showed respect to him knowing he is the messiah........

1 Like

Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by shdemidemi(m): 9:21pm On Jun 10, 2013
ijawkid:

YES...........bowing down,prostrating as before a king,paying homage.......

No Jew who(except the ones who were drunkards) would literally be worshipping Jesus thinking he is GOD.....

Those persons who met Jesus simply paid homage and showed respect to him knowing he is the messiah........

This guy does not know what he is talking about, what is the meaning of Yahweh?
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jun 10, 2013
shdemidemi:

english man in heaven or where?

Was it an Arab man who translated the English bible , or perhaps someone from heaven invented the word firstborn.

What does firstborn mean again ?

smiley
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by ijawkid(m): 9:29pm On Jun 10, 2013
shdemidemi:

This guy does not know what he is talking about, what is the meaning of Yahweh?

If I don't know please tell me........

You think the Jews were worshippers of triad Gods??........and you think faithful Jews think Jesus was Yahweh whom no can see and had never seen?......
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jun 10, 2013
^^^

Okay , let me enlighten your ignorance.

The original greek Paul used was πρωτότοκος and this means :

Definition
first-born

But the Word Origin is from prótos and tokos (childbirth, offspring); from tiktó

So firstborn has to do with childbirth or offspring.

I ask you another question, did Jesus have a beginning in the light of this new information ?

smiley
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by shdemidemi(m): 9:34pm On Jun 10, 2013
frosbel:

Was it an Arab man who translated the English bible , or perhaps someone from heaven invented the word firstborn.

What does firstborn mean again ?smiley
The last time I checked, they translated to the closest in meaning to what was originally written on the manuscript. Therefore, first born in the literal english word might not be firstborn as written in Hebrew. If you got something to say, say it, you remember my question for you is still waiting.
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jun 10, 2013
shdemidemi:
The last time I checked, they translated to the closest in meaning to what was originally written on the manuscript. Therefore, first born in the literal english word might not be firstborn as written in Hebrew. If you got something to say, say it, you remember my question for you is still waiting.

The context of our discussion is based on scripture in the new testament which was written in Greek.

See above and explain.

smiley
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jun 10, 2013
[quote author=ijawkid]

YES...........bowing down,prostrating as before a king,paying homage.
grin You still have not quoted any scripture to butress your claims which is a lie anyway as i have done in this thread.like i said before the word for worship in Greek is proskeneo the same word used for worship for the true God and for worship of false Gods. It does not mean one thing for one and another thing for the other. In Hebrew it is Shawkaw which means to prostate down bow worship (Gen.24:26, 48, 52 Gen. 22:5)

No Jew who(except the ones who were drunkards) would literally be worshipping Jesus thinking he is GOD
like obadiah would say you err big time here cos from the beginning of His life the Scriptures make clear Jesus was indeed worshipped by men. Matthew 2:2 saying, “Where is He who has been born King of the Jews? For we have seen His star in the East and have come to[b] worship Him.”[/b] same greek word proskeneo is used you can research it without using your watchtower.I have given you a plethora of scriptures without you giving me a single verse..you are not doing justice to this queshion at all.

grin For goodness sake grow up and stop squirming like a kid the scripture is crystal clear that no angel or man who was godly ever accepted worship from men even when they were mistaken. A good example of this is when Paul was in Athens (Acts 14:12) and the people cried out they are gods, they responded resoundly, “we are men like yourselves.
Those persons who met Jesus simply paid homage and showed respect to him knowing he is the messiah...
Lies propounded by JW.The early Christians were given the option to reject Jesus as their God and receive Caesar or add Caesar to be God as well or they would be killed. They refused and were burnt at the stake or led to the lions. If Jesus were not considered to be God this would not have been a problem. For all Rome knew they were following Jesus
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by shdemidemi(m): 9:42pm On Jun 10, 2013
frosbel: ^^^

Okay , let me enlighten your ignorance.

The original greek Paul used was πρωτότοκος and this means :

Definition
first-born

But the Word Origin is from prótos and tokos (childbirth, offspring); from tiktó
So firstborn has to do with childbirth or offspring.
I ask you another question, did Jesus have a beginning in the light of this new information ?smiley

You are a jokester..go on, put it on the table. When was Jesus created?
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jun 10, 2013
shdemidemi:

You are a jokester..go on, put it on the table. When was Jesus created?

You have now been stumped and have nothing else to put on the table.

But before I continue, let me give you the benefit of doubt, do you now understand what firstborn means and it's application to Jesus Christ ?
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by shdemidemi(m): 9:47pm On Jun 10, 2013
frosbel:

You have now been stumped and have nothing else to put on the table.

But before I continue, let me give you the benefit of doubt, do you now understand what firstborn means and it's application to Jesus Christ ?

You make me laugh grin, I won't bother checking the words with you right now. Say what you wanna say, I can't wait to learn.
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jun 10, 2013
shdemidemi:

You make me laugh grin, I won't bother checking the words with you right now. Say what you wanna say, I can't wait to learn.

That's why it is better to learn than pretend to know.
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by shdemidemi(m): 9:54pm On Jun 10, 2013
frosbel:

That's why it is better to learn than pretend to know.

lol...teach it, when was Christ born?
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jun 10, 2013
shdemidemi:
lol...teach it, when was Christ born?

"Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us. 24Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took to him his wife: 25And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS. " - Matthew 1:23-25
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by ijawkid(m): 9:57pm On Jun 10, 2013
[quote author=Bidam][/quote]

What!!!!.....

Oboy abeg na for where them give early christians option to recieve Jesus as there God or ceaser

Which day lying turn to your profession....??......
grin....

And I would ask you......

Do you know how the Jews worshipped Yahweh??...

Let us really know how worship to God is different from just merely bowing down before men of honor.......

When Jesus was on earth did any Jew make sacrifices in front of him??.......did any high priest come in front of Jesus to make atonement sacrifices??.......

Did any body come to Jesus and prayed to him like they were praying to Yahweh??.....

How can you just go to any verse and see worship and yap that it is some literal worship........

Words like prostrate,bow down,pay homage,kneel down all stem from the greek word proskneo......

See proskneo used in this verse ....this was the parable Jesus gave about forgiveness...

Matthew 18:26.....

King James Bible (Cambridge
Ed.)
The servant therefore fell down,
and worshipped him, saying, Lord,
have patience with me, and I will
pay thee all.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
(©2009)
"At this, the slave fell facedown
before him
and said, Be patient
with me, and I will pay you
everything!'

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
(©2010)
And falling down, that servant
worshiped him, and he said, “My
Lord, be patient with me, and I
shall pay you everything.”

GOD'S WORD® Translation
(©1995)
Then the servant fell at his
master's feet
and said, 'Be
patient with me, and I will repay
everything!'

Please is this master the God of the slave in this parable.....

This is proskneo in action in this scripture.......

What do you have to say mr worship.......

grin

2 Likes

Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by shdemidemi(m): 10:03pm On Jun 10, 2013
frosbel:

"Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us. 24Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took to him his wife: 25And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS. " - Matthew 1:23-25

Don't let me curse you, what is wrong with you? So, the journey of Christ started from the womb of Mary?
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jun 10, 2013
shdemidemi:

Don't let me curse you, what is wrong with you? So, the journey of Christ started from the womb of Mary?

Your curses will not work on ME.

Where did the journey of Christ begin ? Let Isaiah help you ?

"For a child is born to us, a son is given to us. The government will rest on his shoulders. And he will be called: Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace" = Isaiah 9:6

smiley
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by shdemidemi(m): 10:11pm On Jun 10, 2013
frosbel:

Your curses will not work on ME.

Where did the journey of Christ begin ? Let Isaiah help you ?

"For a child is born to us, a son is given to us. The government will rest on his shoulders. And he will be called: Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace" = Isaiah 9:6

smiley
I give up on you jo, I thought you knew a bit about scriptures but you have lost every regard this your I.d get for my eyes. I am speechless mehn. I am outta here.
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jun 10, 2013
shdemidemi:
I give up on you jo, I thought you knew a bit about scriptures but you have lost every regard this your I.d get for my eyes. I am speechless mehn. I am outta here.

I don't want your regard or respect, it means zero to me , I am simply trying to tell you that the Trinity is a Pagan myth and anti-Christ.

While you are in bed, ruminate on these verses and tell me if this SON referred to here was Jesus and if yes, was he existing at that time :

"When thy days be fulfilled, and thou shalt sleep with thy fathers, I will set up thy seed after thee, WHICH SHALL PROCEED OUT OF THY BOWELS, and I will establish his kingdom for ever. I WILL BE HIS FATHER, and he SHALL BE My son (2 Sam. 7:12-14)

"He shall be (not is!) great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest; and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David; and he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end" (Luke 1:32-33).

Night Night.

smiley
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jun 10, 2013
ijawkid:

What!!!!.....

Oboy abeg na for where them give early christians option to recieve Jesus as there God or ceaser

Which day lying turn to your profession....??......
grin....

And I would ask you......

Do you know how the Jews worshipped Yahweh??...

Let us really know how worship to God is different from just merely bowing down before men of honor.......

When Jesus was on earth did any Jew make sacrifices in front of him??.......did any high priest come in front of Jesus to make atonement sacrifices??.......

Did any body come to Jesus and prayed to him like they were praying to Yahweh??.....

How can you just go to any verse and see worship and yap that it is some literal worship........

Words like prostrate,bow down,pay homage,kneel down all stem from the greek word proskneo......

See proskneo used in this verse ....this was the parable Jesus gave about forgiveness...

Matthew 18:26.....

King James Bible (Cambridge
Ed.)
The servant therefore fell down,
and worshipped him, saying, Lord,
have patience with me, and I will
pay thee all.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
(©2009)
"At this, the slave fell facedown
before him
and said, Be patient
with me, and I will pay you
everything!'

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
(©2010)
And falling down, that servant
worshiped him, and he said, “My
Lord, be patient with me, and I
shall pay you everything.”

GOD'S WORD® Translation
(©1995)
Then the servant fell at his
master's feet
and said, 'Be
patient with me, and I will repay
everything!'

Please is this master the God of the slave in this parable.....

This is proskneo in action in this scripture.......

What do you have to say mr worship.......

grin
grin grin You dubiously did not explain the genesis 24 i quoted about worship and others..anywaz who cares about a parable in here when you guys dubiously say Jesus was actually telling a parable about lazarus and the rich man..that's by the way as you know already parables are not actual occurrences just sayings that conveys spiritual meanings..so abeg try another one..this argument is weak.
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by ijawkid(m): 10:36pm On Jun 10, 2013
Bidam: grin grin You dubiously did not explain the genesis 24 i quoted about worship and others..anywaz who cares about a parable in here when you guys dubiously say Jesus was actually telling a parable about lazarus and the rich man..that's by the way as you know already parables are not actual occurrences just sayings that conveys spiritual meanings..so abeg try another one..this argument is weak.

Lol........

Isn't proskneo what you want to eat this night??......I just provided a verse....I just want u to realize that I know when to literally use that word as worship when its in linked to Yahweh...because that is the one GOD I worship.......

See one of the scriptures u quoted....

Genesis 22:5

New Living Translation (©2007)
"Stay here with the donkey,"
Abraham told the servants. "The
boy and I will travel a little
farther. We will worship there,
and then we will come right back."

Please who was abraham going to worship??.......

The one invisible GOD the Father who no one hath seen or some physical fleshly man??......

Now you can understand what I mean by worship when its linked to Yahweh.......
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jun 10, 2013
ijawkid:

Lol........

Isn't proskneo what you want to eat this night??......I just provided a verse....I just want u to realize that I know when to literally use that word as worship when its in linked to Yahweh...because that is the one GOD I worship.......

See one of the scriptures u quoted....

Genesis 22:5

New Living Translation (©2007)
"Stay here with the donkey,"
Abraham told the servants. "The
boy and I will travel a little
farther. We will worship there,
and then we will come right back."

Please who was abraham going to worship??.......

The one invisible GOD the Father who no one hath seen or some physical fleshly man??......

Now you can understand what I mean by worship when its linked to Yahweh.......

Taa!!! commot for road make peson hear word jare If Jesus is not God, then he would not accept worship nor would the Bible allow this to be insinuated. If he is not God neither can He be our Savior.

If He is God, then He surely is Lord (in Greek) which is equal to the Old Testament Hebrew of the name Yahweh and deserves our worship just as it is written.
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jun 10, 2013
Bidam: Taa!!! commot for road make peson hear word jare If Jesus is not God, then he would not accept worship nor would the Bible allow this to be insinuated. If he is not God neither can He be our Savior.

If He is God, then He surely is Lord (in Greek) which is equal to the Old Testament Hebrew of the name Yahweh and deserves our worship just as it is written.

Who asked his angels to bow before Jesus and who exalted Jesus ?

one question : Can God exalt GOD ?

1 Like

Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by ijawkid(m): 11:06pm On Jun 10, 2013
Bidam: Taa!!! commot for road make peson hear word jare If Jesus is not God, then he would not accept worship nor would the Bible allow this to be insinuated. If he is not God neither can He be our Savior.

Do you see how you mix up everything and then ended up confusing yourself........

How does one who is called Lord equals to the old testament hebrew name Yahweh??.....

How do you intend to twist the scriptures to support this mad doctrine called the trinity........

And please tell me where Jesus gave invitation to people to come worship him that he is God............

No right thinking Jew(except a drunk one) would give worship meant for Yahweh to another person........all Jews knew no one has seen the Father and so they know there God.......they even saw Jesus worship this invisible God......

You sef ehh.......

If Jesus was Yahweh he need not worship another Yahweh......

You are d most confused trinitarian I've seen......grin
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jun 10, 2013
frosbel:

Who asked his angels to bow before Jesus and who exalted Jesus ?

one question : Can God exalt GOD ?
Ps. 138:2: “For You have magnified Your word above all Your name.” one queshion also..does the name yahweh heal the sick and raise the dead?
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jun 10, 2013
Bidam: Ps. 138:2: “For You have magnified Your word above all Your name.” one queshion also..does the name yahweh heal the sick and raise the dead?

lol.

You are now becoming a trickster , answer my question again.

smiley
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by Nobody: 11:26pm On Jun 10, 2013
ijawkid:
Do you see how you mix up everything and then ended up confusing yourself........
how..your ogogoro dey confuse you abi?
How does one who is called Lord equals to the old testament hebrew name Yahweh??.
.... grin oh i can see where your madness about Jesus equal yahweh emanates from cos you can not explain john 1:1

How do you intend to twist the scriptures to support this mad doctrine called the trinity........
grin who dey twist..abeg go sleep joor..dey ogogoro is taking its toll on you.
And please tell me where Jesus gave invitation to people to come worship him that he is God............
Also tell me where your yahweh gave that invitation
No right thinking Jew(except a drunk one) would give worship meant for Yahweh to another person........all Jews knew no one has seen the Father and so they know there God.......they even saw Jesus worship this invisible God......
repetition i don answer this queshion already go chew on what i said.
You sef ehh.......
you ma sef.
If Jesus was Yahweh he need not worship another Yahweh......
He came in the likeness of men as a lamb what do you expect from Him? to declare publicly that He is God? remember God ways no be our ways o...
You are d most confused trinitarian I've seen......grin
and you are the most unbalanced,confused and shifting JW fellow i ever met as regard the OP.
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jun 10, 2013
frosbel:

lol.

You are now becoming a trickster , answer my question again.

smiley
you also are a trickster you answer the queshion i asked you.
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by nlMediator: 11:57pm On Jun 10, 2013
shdemidemi:

Ain't seen nothing yet! I warned you guys. You're dealing with a very evil force. Imagine someone that calls himself a christian claiming that Jesus did not exist until He was born by Mary? I mean, what can be moreoutrageous? Some people that do not accept Jesus as God but see Him only as the Son of God still acknowledge that He existed before 2000 years ago; that He created all things, including those that have been in existence for longer than 2 millenia. It's almost a complete waste of time discussing with some of these guys.
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by Nobody: 12:04am On Jun 11, 2013
nlMediator:

Ain't seen nothing yet! I warned you guys. You're dealing with a very evil force. Imagine someone that calls himself a christian claiming that Jesus did not exist until He was born by Mary? I mean, what can be moreoutrageous? Some people that do not accept Jesus as God but see Him only as the Son of God still acknowledge that He existed before 2000 years ago; that He created all things, including those that have been in existence for longer than 2 millenia. It's almost a complete waste of time discussing with some of these guys.

You are a MAN , stop being ruled by sentiments and emotion, study scriptures that can make you wise to the truth.

I am not claiming infallibility , what I want is proof, so far all you have done is accuse, warn, ridicule and even mock, these are not traits of a berean.

If Jesus is firstborn :

1. He was born as a MAN
2. He had a father who is GOD
3. He had a mother who is Mary

What you are forcing on people to accept is actually a pagan concept called incarnation where a spirit being manifests in the flesh by entering that body and taking control of it's faculties, sensory organs etc.

Reason Pal.

smiley
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by Nobody: 12:13am On Jun 11, 2013
frosbel:

You are a MAN , stop being ruled by sentiments and emotion, study scriptures that can make you wise to the truth.

I am not claiming infallibility , what I want is proof, so far all you have done is accuse, warn, ridicule and even mock, these are not traits of a berean.

If Jesus is firstborn :

1. He was born as a MAN
2. He had a father who is GOD
3. He had a mother who is Mary

What you are forcing on people to accept is actually a pagan concept called incarnation where a spirit being manifests in the flesh by entering that body and taking control of it's faculties, sensory organs etc.

Reason Pal.

smiley
grin so why where you not correcting ijawkid when he mentioned Jesus as a spirit entity created by God separate from the angels?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

If U Have One Question To Ask God, Wat Will It Be? / Religion And It's Myopic Views Of The World / Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens : Obedience Must Be Total

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.