Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,961 members, 7,814,254 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:56 AM

Trinitarian Disrespect For God - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Trinitarian Disrespect For God (7807 Views)

A TRINITARIAN Should Explain This Scripture .... / Put Your Hard Questions For Trinitarian Theologians Enigma , Goshen & Company / Poll : Are You A Trinitarian Or ONE GOD Believer - All Welcome To Vote (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by ijawkid(m): 11:23am On Jun 15, 2013
shdemidemi:

Your questions sef, similar to saying can father do this or that to the Holy Spirit or can Holy Spirit do that for the father..They are the same, we get all this words like God gave Christ because we knew Christ in the flesh. Is He really limited to the flesh-No

They are not the same.......and you are going back and forth.....

We are told these 3 persons are distinct......

Now why can't the other 2 persons making up the trinity show there co-equality by once in there whole life sending the Father on an errand....why can't the Father for once be the one receiving revelations or authority from them??........

Why??......
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by Nobody: 11:26am On Jun 15, 2013
ijawkid:

Now why can't the other 2 persons making up the trinity show there co-equality by once in there whole life sending the Father on an errand....why can't the Father for once be the one receiving revelations or authority from them??........

Why??......

The guy has built a complex maze of nonsense and cannot even find his way out now because of the chaotic puzzle of contradictions, confusion and Babylonian mysteries he has formed.
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by shdemidemi(m): 11:27am On Jun 15, 2013
frosbel:

Holy Spirit was not active in the old testament ?

Mate you have totally lost the plot on this one , I am 100% certain your theology is extra biblical , maybe from your catholic books.

Lol..see dog that sees bone. Outline what the Holy Spirit did in the old compared to what He is doing now. Don't get me wrong, the father, the son and the Holy Spirit have always been one from time as the the name God implies and the book of Genesis and many more testify.
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by Nobody: 11:29am On Jun 15, 2013
^^^

False Teacher Alert everyone !!!!!!
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by shdemidemi(m): 11:29am On Jun 15, 2013
ijawkid:

Why??......

Did you read in first John that He became flesh. What will be the point of coming to prove He is actually God when He wasn't ready to begin His reign on earth. It will be revealed that He has all the power when He comes back to reign forever.

If your question there is the reason why you won't believe in this gospel...tough
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by Nobody: 11:31am On Jun 15, 2013
shdemidemi:

Did you read in first John that He became flesh. What will be the point of coming to prove He is God when He wasn't ready to begin His reign on earth. It will be revealed that He has all the power when He comes back to reign forever.

[img]http://4.bp..com/-UUMR2DkeoHM/UJwJMc-M4II/AAAAAAAABoU/1N4QG2Gtyb0/s1600/True-False.png[/img]
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by ijawkid(m): 11:37am On Jun 15, 2013
shdemidemi:

Lol..see dog that sees bone. Outline what the Holy Spirit did in the old compared to what He is doing now. Don't get me wrong, the father, the son and the Holy Spirit have always been one from time as the the name God implies and the book of Genesis and many more testify.

Did it occur to you that Yahweh our God is one Yahweh......

You can't be forcing a conglomerate of persons inside one GOD....the scriptures points out that the one GOD is the Father.....

Are the other members of the trinity the Father??....
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by shdemidemi(m): 11:37am On Jun 15, 2013
Joker^^^^^^
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by ijawkid(m): 11:39am On Jun 15, 2013
shdemidemi:

Did you read in first John that He became flesh. What will be the point of coming to prove He is actually God when He wasn't ready to begin His reign on earth. It will be revealed that He has all the power when He comes back to reign forever.

If your question there is the reason why you won't believe in this gospel...tough

And 1 corinthians 15:24-28 pictures the son handing over the authority given to him by the Father and made subject to the Father for all eternity.....

Please even in the end Christ remains subject and less than the Father...

So what else do you want from Christ??...smh
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by shdemidemi(m): 11:42am On Jun 15, 2013
Are we talking about the same Christ -

John 8:58
New International Version (NIV)
58 “Very truly I tell you,” Jesus answered, “before Abraham was born, I am!”

14 God said to Moses, “I am who I am.[a] This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I am has sent me to you.’”

Is He the same one you are talking about?
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by shdemidemi(m): 11:44am On Jun 15, 2013
John 10:30-33
30 I and the Father are one.”

31 Again his Jewish opponents picked up stones to stone him, 32 but Jesus said to them, “I have shown you many good works from the Father. For which of these do you stone me?”

33 “We are not stoning you for any good work,” they replied, “but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.”

Is it this same Christ, you are referring to?
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by shdemidemi(m): 11:46am On Jun 15, 2013
Is it the same one Thomas called God?

John 20:28
28 Thomas said to him, “My Lord and my God!”

Or the same one Paul spoke about-

Colossians 2:9
9 For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form,

I am not sure you are talking about this Christ , God. You can't be.
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by ijawkid(m): 12:00pm On Jun 15, 2013
shdemidemi: Are we talking about the same Christ -

John 8:58
58 “Very truly I tell you,” Jesus answered, “before Abraham was born, I am!”

14 God said to Moses, “I am who I am.[a] This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I am has sent me to you.’”

Is He the same one you are talking about?

And he was ignorant of when the day and hour when the end would come but only the Father....

Doesn't it tell you that your understanding of john 8:58 is completely warped??......

So Jesus' flesh allowed him say the above in john 8:58 but when it got to mark 13:32 he developed amnesia inside the flesh he was in.........

angry......
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by ijawkid(m): 12:05pm On Jun 15, 2013
shdemidemi:
John 10:30-33
30 I and the Father are one.”

31 Again his Jewish opponents picked up stones to stone him, 32 but Jesus said to them, “I have shown you many good works from the Father. For which of these do you stone me?”

33 “We are not stoning you for any good work,” they replied, “but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.”

Is it this same Christ, you are referring to?

Wayo man...why didn't you read down the next 3 verses......grin...see am jare...

34 Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in
your Law, ‘I have said you are “gods”’[d]?
35 If he called them ‘gods,’ to whom the word
of God came—and Scripture cannot be set
aside— 36 what about the one whom the
Father set apart as his very own and sent into
the world? Why then do you accuse me of
blasphemy because I said, ‘I am God’s Son’?

I think you and the pharisees have the same problem of not understanding who Jesus really is/was......grin
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by shdemidemi(m): 12:08pm On Jun 15, 2013
ijawkid:

Wayo man...why didn't you read down the next 3 verses......grin...see am jare...

I think you and the pharisees have the same problem of not understanding who Jesus really is/was......grin

I believe Philippians 2:5-8 makes everything you claim Christ really is, is not all He really is-
5 In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus:

6 Who, being in very nature[a] God,
did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;
7 rather, he made himself nothing
by taking the very nature[b] of a servant,
being made in human likeness.
8 And being found in appearance as a man,
he humbled himself
by becoming obedient to death—
even death on a cross!

He made himself nothing, so when you now use what he made himself as a doctrine you would be definitely wrong.
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by shdemidemi(m): 12:10pm On Jun 15, 2013
ijawkid:

Unlike you, the Pharisees understood the Torah and they knew what being the son of God means.....you have eyes but you can't see, just as it was written.
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jun 15, 2013
shdemidemi:

Unlike you, the Pharisees understood the Torah and they knew what being the son of God means.....you have eyes but you can't see, just as it was written.

So , with your contorted theology Son of God means GOD ?

And why did SATAN calls Jesus Son of GOD ?

Your teachings are laden with poison and should be avoided.
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by shdemidemi(m): 12:17pm On Jun 15, 2013
frosbel:

So , with your contorted theology Son of God means GOD ?

And why did SATAN calls Jesus Son of GOD ?

Your teachings are laden with poison and should be avoided.

Go and read your Isaiah and Zechariah mate, you are just talking without substance.

As for satan, he went to Christ to test his divinity, Christ resisted him and he flee. What is the problem with that?
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by ijawkid(m): 12:17pm On Jun 15, 2013
shdemidemi:

I believe Philippians 2:5-8 makes everything you claim Christ really is, is not all He really is-
5 In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus:

he humbled himself
even death on a cross!

He made himself nothing, so when you now use what he made himself as a doctrine you would be definitely wrong.

He humbled himself and developed amnesia at the same time......

So Jesus' humility was not shown when he uttered the words at john 8:58??.......grin....

So we can say sometimes Jesus was humble,other times he was as proud as hitler.....

How clearer can Jesus' words get.....

Only THE FATHER knows......

I hope you can see why revelation 1:1 still tells you Jesus recieves revelations from the Father....
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jun 15, 2013
shdemidemi:
Go and read your Isaiah and Zechariah mate, you are just talking without substance.

I repeat , you need to study further into the word of God and throw away your catholic derived false teachings.
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by ijawkid(m): 12:19pm On Jun 15, 2013
shdemidemi:

So being the son of GOD means one is the same with the Father??.......

Lol...grin.....

Even the demons and satan know that there is but one GOD the Father and that Jesus isn't equal to his Father..............

Please read Jesus' reply when he told the pharisees that Ye are Gods.....

Jesus was even reminding them that he said he was Gods son and not even GOD himself.....
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by shdemidemi(m): 12:23pm On Jun 15, 2013
ijawkid:

So being the son of GOD means one is the same with the Father??.......

Lol...grin.....

Even the demons and satan know that there is but one GOD the Father and that Jesus isn't equal to his Father..............

Please read Jesus' reply when he told the pharisees that Ye are Gods.....

Jesus was even reminding them that he said he was Gods son and not even GOD himself.....

My friend, study Philip 2:5-8 that I pasted to you. You would understand what God did through Christ
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by shdemidemi(m): 12:25pm On Jun 15, 2013
frosbel:

I repeat , you need to study further into the word of God and throw away your catholic derived false teachings.

Catholic means universal church, I believe you meant Roman Catholic, are you ok?
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by ijawkid(m): 12:33pm On Jun 15, 2013
shdemidemi:

My friend, study Philip 2:5-8 that I pasted to you. You would understand what God did through Christ

Philippians 2:5-8 can't help you......

Because in heaven as we speak Jesus remains not all knowing......

He remains subject to the Father....

And he isn't all powerful.......
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by shdemidemi(m): 1:31pm On Jun 15, 2013
ijawkid:

Philippians 2:5-8 can't help you......

Because in heaven as we speak Jesus remains not all knowing......

He remains subject to the Father....

And he isn't all powerful.......

So Ijawkid says..
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jun 15, 2013
shdemidemi:

Catholic means universal church, I believe you meant Roman Catholic, are you ok?

By universal , I am assuming you mean the Body of Christ in whiCh case I concur with your definition.

However I was referring to the apostate church of ROME.
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jun 15, 2013
shdemidemi:

As for satan, he went to Christ to test his divinity, Christ resisted him and he flee. What is the problem with that?

Hmm, am I missing something here, let me start by quoting this verse of scripture :

"For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are--yet he did not sin." - Hebrews 4:15

Your most erroneous comment suggests the following :

1. Jesus was tempted as GOD and not MAN
2. He overcame Sin because he is GOD.

Now let me tell you why this position is 100% AntiChrist. It implies that Jesus could not have understood our weakness as fallible men as per Hebrews 4:15 , because he was actually able to overcome sin as GOD with whom nothing is impossible.

But even more Antichrist is the fallacious lie that God was tempted by SATAN a created being , which totally contradicts Jame's ( brother of Jesus ) doctrine that God cannot be tempted.

"When tempted, no one should say, "God is tempting me." For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone;" - James 1:13

What a total Antichrist doctrine yours is.

SMH
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by shdemidemi(m): 10:10pm On Jun 15, 2013
frosbel:

Hmm, am I missing something here, let me start by quoting this verse of scripture :

"For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are--yet he did not sin." - Hebrews 4:15

Your most erroneous comment suggests the following :

1. Jesus was tempted as GOD and not MAN
2. He overcame Sin because he is GOD.

Now let me tell you why this position is 100% AntiChrist. It implies that Jesus could not have understood our weakness as fallible men as per Hebrews 4:15 , because he was actually able to overcome sin as GOD with whom nothing is impossible.

But even more Antichrist is the fallacious lie that God was tempted by SATAN a created being , which totally contradicts Jame's ( brother of Jesus ) doctrine that God cannot be tempted.

"When tempted, no one should say, "God is tempting me." For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone;" - James 1:13

What a total Antichrist doctrine yours is.

SMH

James is right, no man can tempt God... Can you comprehend what God did as Christ, He became flesh(man). Was he tempted as a man ? yes, did he die as a man? Yes, Why could he not sin? He could not sin because He was not born by a man and a woman having sex hence, he has no sin/adamic nature like you and I. Unlike Christ man as two natures, a sin nature and a righteous nature.

All this your emotional anti- Christ yelling does not make you right, you come up with elementary quotes yet you wanna claim scholar status
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by ijawkid(m): 1:45am On Jun 16, 2013
shdemidemi:

Ask yourself why God didn't do it through the Father or why Christ didn't do it through the Father.......

Phillipians 2:5-8 get out of jail card.......cool
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by ijawkid(m): 1:48am On Jun 16, 2013
shdemidemi:

James is right, no man can tempt God... Can you comprehend what God did as Christ, He became flesh(man). Was he tempted as a man ? yes, did he die as a man? Yes, Why could he not sin? He could not sin because He was not born by a man and a woman having sex hence, he has no sin/adamic nature like you and I. Unlike Christ man as two natures, a sin nature and a righteous nature.

All this your emotional anti- Christ yelling does not make you right, you come up with elementary quotes yet you wanna claim scholar status

Please reconcile the bolded with philippians 2:5-8 which you quote when you are faced with thought provoking questions........

If Jesus abandoned his real self in heaven(abandoned his memory and suFfered from amnesia) how come was he still God in flesh ??.........
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by Boomark(m): 10:05pm On Jun 16, 2013
shdemidemi:

Philippians 2:5-8

he humbled himself
even death on a cross!

The bible says, Christ is in the very nature of God but made himself nothing. That debunks your Christ being a servant mentality cos the question is- was he really a servant? Of course not, according to that part of the scripture.

About Peter, you need to be very careful when reading or quoting Peter. He was not an Apostle to the church but to the Jews. The same way the ministry of Moses was fulfilled by Christ, and the ministry of John the Baptist was also ended by Christ, peter's ministry ended after Paul started his ministry ( as far as the church is concerned).

In the book of Acts-
Now when the people saw what Paul had done, they raised their voices, saying in the Lycaonian language, “The gods have come down to us in the likeness of men!” 12 And Barnabas they called Zeus, and Paul, Hermes, because he was the chief speaker. 13 Then the priest of Zeus, whose temple was in front of their city, brought oxen and garlands to the gates, intending to sacrifice with the multitudes. 14 But when the apostles Barnabas and Paul heard this, they tore their clothes and ran in among the multitude, crying out 15 and saying, Men, why are you doing these things? We also are men with the same nature as you, and preach to you.......

You should have read v5 well to understand what the other verses are talking about. i will overlook this "peter's ministry ended after Paul started his ministry ( as far as the church is concerned)" cos you said it just to support trinity. You said a different thing and even quoted scriptures about Peter and Paul ministries.

Acts 4:27-30 (NIV)
27 Indeed Herod and Pontius Pilate
met together with the Gentiles and
the people of Israel in this city to
conspire against your holy servant
Jesus, whom you anointed...

Peter prayed this prayer and he was answered quickly but shdemidemi said i should not quote peter. may be he thinks that Peter did not know what he was doing. smh
You dont know the meaning of Godhead{divine nature} that is why you dont understand Philippians 2:5-8. I will show you the meaning. who owns it, who gives it to who He please, etc. below
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by Boomark(m): 10:34pm On Jun 16, 2013
[quote author=Boomark]Godhead

trinitarians need to ask themselves:
what is all fullness?
What is Godhead?

Col 2:9
For in him dwelleth all the fullness of the Godhead bodily.

Note carefully that Godhead is dwelling in Christ. He is not part or in Godhead but it dwells in him. Godhead means God's nature, divine qualities. Research it.

Colossians 1:19-20
19 For God was pleased to have all
his fullness dwell in him, 20 and
through him to reconcile to himself

all things, whether things on earth
or things in heaven, by making
peace through his blood, shed on
the cross.

For it pleases the Father to have the fullness of His nature(Godhead) in Christ. So that through Christ God will reconcile everything back to Himself(not themselves for 3 person) and no other person.

Romans 1:19-20
King James Version (KJV)
19 Because that which may be
known of God is manifest in them;
for God hath shewed it unto them.
20 For the invisible things of him
from the creation of the world are
clearly seen, being understood by
the things that are made, even his
eternal power and Godhead;
so
that they are without excuse:

This one will help you understand that eternal power and Godhead is something that belongs to the Father and not that He is in it or part of it as trinity(DOCTRINE OF MEN) defined it.

Ephesians 1:22-23
22 And God placed all things under
his feet and appointed him to be
head over everything for the
church, 23 which is his body, the
fullness of him who fills everything
in every way.

It is God that gave Christ the authority he has by putting all things under his feet. But you are mistaken by making him equal to God after seeing the authority he possess. It is God that fills everything He pleases with His fullness.

Don't be disappointed trinitarians, Godhead is not made up 3 persons but God's nature or qualities.

Any Objection?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Religion And It's Myopic Views Of The World / Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens : Obedience Must Be Total / Pope John Paul Confession Before He Died

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.