Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,896 members, 7,814,029 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

Trinitarian Disrespect For God - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Trinitarian Disrespect For God (7799 Views)

A TRINITARIAN Should Explain This Scripture .... / Put Your Hard Questions For Trinitarian Theologians Enigma , Goshen & Company / Poll : Are You A Trinitarian Or ONE GOD Believer - All Welcome To Vote (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jun 11, 2013
shdemidemi:
The bible says He had been there from the beginning before the earth.
Exactly which also agrees with the synopsis of John 1:1. The problem with these guys is they hardly study. They just swallow anything they see in Awake magazines and come here to argue for arguing sake. Don't you see that they quote KJV whenever it suits them as per this firstborn issue, But when KJV says " God was made manifest in the flesh" they immediately jump to the NIV.
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by ijawkid(m): 2:31pm On Jun 11, 2013
Bidam: Exactly which also agrees with the synopsis of John 1:1. The problem with these guys is they hardly study. They just swallow anything they see in Awake magazines and come here to argue for arguing sake. Don't you see that they quote KJV whenever it suits them as per this firstborn issue, But when KJV says " God was made manifest in the flesh" they immediately jump to the NIV.

Chei.....

Abeg look at proverbs...

Proverbs 8:25...

New International Version
(©2011)
before the mountains were
settled in place, before the hills,
I was given birth,

New Living Translation (©2007)
Before the mountains were
formed, before the hills, I was
born--

GNT
25 I
was born before the mountains, before the
hills were set in place,

Are these scriptures awake magazine??......
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jun 11, 2013
Bidam: Exactly which also agrees with the synopsis of John 1:1. The problem with these guys is they hardly study. They just swallow anything they see in Awake magazines and come here to argue for arguing sake. Don't you see that they quote KJV whenever it suits them as per this firstborn issue, But when KJV says " God was made manifest in the flesh" they immediately jump to the NIV.

Mate you are the guys who have dribbled yourselves into a corner and scored no goals whatsoever cheesy , you seem to have totally forgotten where you positioned your goal post because it keeps moving.

You cannot honestly tell us what firstborn means, instead you try to twist it's meaning from the original languages into some incomprehensible theological nonsense , the Hebrew and Greek words used to describe this term totally debunk your lies and it's quite fraudulent to keep holding onto an untenable position.

If Jesus is firstborn , then he has a beginning, if he was not firstborn like Yahweh, then he has not beginning.

In a bid to pridefully remain in a position of ignorance you are unwittingly confusing the hell out of believers , Muslims ,atheists and almost anyone who really cares about this subject.
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jun 11, 2013
frosbel:

Mate you are the guys who have dribbled yourselves into a corner and scored no goals whatsoever cheesy , you seem to have totally forgotten where you positioned your goal post because it keeps moving.

You cannot honestly tell us what firstborn means, instead you try to twist it's meaning from the original languages into some incomprehensible theological nonsense , the Hebrew and Greek words used to describe this term totally debunk your lies and it's quite fraudulent to keep holding onto an untenable position.

If Jesus is firstborn , then he has a beginning, if he was not firstborn like Yahweh, then he has not beginning.

In a bid to pridefully remain in a position of ignorance you are unwittingly confusing the hell out of believers , Muslims ,atheists and almost anyone who really cares about this subject.

I am not interested in scoring goals but in speaking the truth concerning God's word. You are yet to show us a single scripture were Jesus was created separate from the Father, instead you fraudulently use firstborn over all creation and build a doctrine out of it. That's the highest form of treachery and heresy one can descend to in the body of Christ. Do you know that in that colossians 1:15-20 Paul actually magnified Christ to the point of almost calling him God? Take your time to read frosbel and stop building "castles in the air".Jesus by nature, being God is equal to God (John 1:1,14, John 5:23, John 14:1) but positionally, during His earthly time as a man, His Father was certainly “greater” than He.
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by honeychild(f): 5:30pm On Jun 11, 2013
frosbel:

You are a MAN , stop being ruled by sentiments and emotion, study scriptures that can make you wise to the truth.

I am not claiming infallibility , what I want is proof, so far all you have done is accuse, warn, ridicule and even mock, these are not traits of a berean.

If Jesus is firstborn :

1. He was born as a MAN
2. He had a father who is GOD
3. He had a mother who is Mary

What you are forcing on people to accept is actually a pagan concept called incarnation where a spirit being manifests in the flesh by entering that body and taking control of it's faculties, sensory organs etc.

Reason Pal.

smiley

well frosbel sorry but I have to call you out on this one. Jesus severally said he existed before he came to earth and that he came from heaven. Please do research it for yourself
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by FromGuiriga(m): 11:07pm On Jun 11, 2013
ijawkid:

Ona dey see the nonsense wey this man dey write??..........

Did Christ know when the end would come or did he LIE when he said he didn't know but only the Father??..........

Why can't you guys believe Christ??...........

Why.........

Like I said the one GOD I know is the Father and it is obvious that he is.........

cheesy

Yes, the true God is the Father indeed!

2 Likes

Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by FromGuiriga(m): 11:18pm On Jun 11, 2013
shdemidemi:

So who is the father in that context?

1 John 5:7-8

King James Version (KJV)

7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

This verse according to scholars is a addition. Added later in Latin. It is nowhere in the early Greek texts. Nowhere.
Christians do not know this and when confronted with this information, reject it out right or disregard it. In any event, do not take my word for it. Do a little research.

1 Like

Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by FromGuiriga(m): 11:40pm On Jun 11, 2013
Bidam: Matthew 14:33 Then those who were in the boat came and worshiped Him, saying, “Truly You are the Son of God.” Why? Because the Son of God is God who can receive worship, He is God in the flesh.
This is your interpretation. Jesus never said "I am God in the flesh" You are the one saying that.
Matthew 12:50 "For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother."

Jesus said, “that all should honor the Son just as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent Him” (John 5:23) We this example all through the Scripture.
Yes, but why don't you quote: John 8:28 "Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things."
John 12:49-50 "For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak."

What else do you need? The pastors cannot get around this one. So they have to invent the trinity.

Matthew 15:25: “Then she worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me.”

“When Jesus walked on the water and made the wind and waves cease, they worshipped Him, saying, truly thou art the Son of God.” (Matthew 14:33). Notice the equating of being the Son of God elicits their worship

Did not also "Peter walk on water? Is Peter the Father?
John 14:12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father."

If they said Jesus is the son of God, why are you defending him being God?
I don't understand?

Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by FromGuiriga(m): 11:51pm On Jun 11, 2013
Bidam: I am not interested in scoring goals but in speaking the truth concerning God's word. You are yet to show us a single scripture were Jesus was created separate from the Father, instead you fraudulently use firstborn over all creation and build a doctrine out of it. That's the highest form of treachery and heresy one can descend to in the body of Christ. Do you know that in that colossians 1:15-20 Paul actually magnified Christ to the point of almost calling him God? Take your time to read frosbel and stop building "castles in the air".Jesus by nature, being God is equal to God (John 1:1,14, John 5:23, John 14:1) but positionally, during His earthly time as a man, His Father was certainly “greater” than He.

If Jesus is God then why the churches are teaching this trinity. They should come out and say "Jesus is also God" God the son in fact. The we have God the Father and God the Holy Spirit. OK. So we have at least three Gods. All equal. All in agreement. Nevertheless 3 Gods!
They cannot do that because they want to make them equal and the same but distinct and separate at the same time.
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by Boomark(m): 8:39am On Jun 12, 2013
frosbel:
I have given them the glory
that you gave me, that they
may be one as we are one

shdemidemi:
So who tells you, we are not one in Christ right now?

@Shdemidemi and trinitarians
Please can you tell us what type "oneness" described by the bolded. One what? It says being one just AS Christ and the Father are one. Teach us.

The worst thing we can do is to deceive our selves by running away or twisting the word of God.
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by Boomark(m): 10:35am On Jun 12, 2013
shdemidemi:
You can never be used by God without afflictions and problems, therefore, no one had a smooth journey walking with God all through the scriptures. We have all these stories in the bible to know the different dimensions of God's power. The journey of Israel could have been for 40 days, they had to go round cycles for 40 years for them to know and appreciate God. Till this present day, you can separate them from the rest of the world in the way they hold the Torah.
The story of Christ like your story was known before the start of the world. Everything that happens/happened is for our learning and edification.

You talk so shallow,
Acts 2:22-23a

"Ye men of Israel, hear these words, Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles, and wonders and signs, which God did by him (Jesus) in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know: 23. Him, (Jesus of Nazareth) being delivered by the determinate counsel…"

What is a counsel?

Ain't you saved by the gospel of this same Christ?

If you were not coached to read your bible with the eyes of trinity, you should have known that what you are reading is SIMPLE ENGLISH not MYSTERIES. It is a pity that men has brainwashed people to start putting 3 person wherever the see the word "God." Non of the apostles taught this.

Acts 4:27-30 (NIV)
27 Indeed Herod and Pontius Pilate
met together with the Gentiles and
the people of Israel in this city to
conspire against your holy servant
Jesus, whom you anointed. 28 They
did what your power and will(counsel) had
decided beforehand should happen.

29 Now, Lord, consider their threats
and enable your servants to speak
your word with great boldness. 30
Stretch out your hand to heal and
perform miraculous signs and
wonders through the name of your
holy servant Jesus."

Look at the prayer made to God, who it was His counsel(will) that we must be saved through Christ. If anyone rejects Christ, that one has rejected the will, counsel and purpose of God(Father) to save man.

Read Jn 14:6, 1Pe 1:21 and col 1:19-20 slowly and carefully. Try and put 3 persons wherever you see "God" in the bible and if it makes any sense. These things will answer your questions.

3 Likes

Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by Nobody: 11:13am On Jun 12, 2013
^^

You hit the nail on the head Bro.
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by Boomark(m): 11:10pm On Jun 13, 2013
frosbel: ^^

You hit the nail on the head Bro.

wink I know shdemidemi worst fear. whenever you quote where they put the Father and jesus together he catches cold. something like this:
Acts 3:13

New International Version (NIV)

13 The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the God of our fathers, has glorified his servant Jesus. You handed him over to be killed, and you disowned him before Pilate, though he had decided to let him go.

When you ask him "who is God here"? to say it is the Father will be hard for him.
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by shdemidemi(m): 11:21pm On Jun 13, 2013
Boomark:

wink I know shdemidemi worst fear. whenever you quote where they put the Father and jesus together he catches cold. something like this:

13 The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the God of our fathers, has glorified his servant Jesus. You handed him over to be killed, and you disowned him before Pilate, though he had decided to let him go.

When you ask him "who is God here"? to say it is the Father will be hard for him.

I am sure we both understand He was not a servant but He humbled himself as such for us. Referring to Christ as the son of God does not mean an offspring of God but He is the son as part of the Godhead.
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jun 13, 2013
shdemidemi:

I am sure we both understand He was not a servant but He humbled himself as such for us. Referring to Christ as the son of God does not mean an offspring of God but He is the son as part of the Godhead.

keep running in circles.

smiley
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by shdemidemi(m): 11:29pm On Jun 13, 2013
frosbel:

keep running in circles.

smiley

Proverbs 3:5
5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by Nobody: 5:30am On Jun 14, 2013
Boomark:

Even if Jesus was a servant then. Can a servant not be like His MASTER?
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by ijawkid(m): 7:01am On Jun 14, 2013
Bidam: Even if Jesus was a servant then. Can a servant not be like His MASTER?

Read well......the apostles still called Jesus Gods servant well after his ascension......

1 Like

Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by ijawkid(m): 7:04am On Jun 14, 2013
shdemidemi:

Nobody is part of any Godhead......I don't even know what you think God head is......

And as we see from ask Jesus was already in heaven when peter said those words......

God hath ressurected his holy servant......

Now may I ask you....

Why are the angels and adam called sons of God??.....

On what basis are they called Sons of God....
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by Debroslink: 8:08am On Jun 14, 2013
frosbel:

accept it , let not pride make you hang on to a pagan doctrine, the simple truth of the gospel is :

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

God sent his SON , GOD did not send GOD , he sent his SON.

smiley
Isaiah 48:16 says it all. Christ was sent by the Father and the Holy Spirit.
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by Debroslink: 8:15am On Jun 14, 2013
Isaiah 44:8 "do not fear, nor be afraid;have I not told you from that time and declared it? You are my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? Indeed there is no other Rock; I know not one".

Yet the same bible says THE children of Israel drank from the same spiritual Rock which was Christ.
May God open ur eyes b4 it's too late. Jesus is God Almighty.
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by Nobody: 8:23am On Jun 14, 2013
ijawkid:

Read well......the apostles still called Jesus Gods servant well after his ascension......

can a servant not be like his master? stop dodging the question.
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by truthislight: 9:35am On Jun 14, 2013
ijawkid:

1000 likes
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by truthislight: 9:40am On Jun 14, 2013
Bidam: can a servant not be like his master? stop dodging the question.

A servant can be like his master but not the master.

Note. "be like", not, "is the master".

Peace.
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jun 14, 2013
truthislight:

A servant can be like his master but not the master.

Note. "be like", not, "is the master".

Peace.
ok..we know that God created us in His image and likeness. we also know according to the bible that Jesus came o earth as a man. The question now is who is Jesus? A Man, an angel, a spirit, a god?? who actually is this Jesus to you people?
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by FromGuiriga(m): 6:21pm On Jun 14, 2013
Bidam: ok..we know that God created us in His image and likeness. we also know according to the bible that Jesus came o earth as a man. The question now is who is Jesus? A Man, an angel, a spirit, a god?? who actually is this Jesus to you people?

Jesus is the begotten/unique/only one son of the Father. God is spirit. If Jesus is in the form of God, I take it he is also spirit.
That is my understanding.I cannot speak for anyone else.
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by truthislight: 7:10pm On Jun 14, 2013
From_Guiriga:

Jesus is the begotten/unique/only one son of the Father. God is spirit. If Jesus is in the form of God, I take it he is also spirit.

You spoke for me also there ^. cheesy
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by shdemidemi(m): 7:49pm On Jun 14, 2013
ijawkid:

Nobody is part of any Godhead......I don't even know what you think God head is......

And as we see from ask Jesus was already in heaven when peter said those words......

God hath ressurected his holy servant......

Now may I ask you....

Why are the angels and adam called sons of God??.....

On what basis are they called Sons of God....

The problem I believe you have is that you relish and enjoy arguing. If one question gets answered, does it really stop another question from you? There are so many parts of the bible that support God, Jesus and the Holy Ghost as one but you choose to ignore them.
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by Boomark(m): 11:54pm On Jun 14, 2013
shdemidemi:

No be me and you o! see what i understood

Acts 4:27-30 (NIV)
27 Indeed Herod and Pontius Pilate
met together with the Gentiles and
the people of Israel in this city to
conspire against your holy servant
Jesus, whom you anointed.
28 They
did what your power and will(counsel) had
decided beforehand should happen.
29 Now, Lord, consider their threats
and enable your servants to speak
your word with great boldness. 30
Stretch out your hand to heal and
perform miraculous signs and
wonders through the name of your
holy servant Jesus."

Peter knows our God very well and he also knew our Lord, the holy servant of God very well more than you. that is why he made use of it while praying. At least Jesus was not on earth when he said this so you wont say its because he was on earth. if you want to see more click the link. i pack am full if it is new to you.

https://www.nairaland.com/1127181/jesus-christ-servant-God-trinity-debunked
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by Boomark(m): 12:02am On Jun 15, 2013
Bidam: Even if Jesus was a servant then. Can a servant not be like His MASTER?

Of course, if the servant does what his master does a his representative or behaves like his master. people will say, see o! chiboy is just like his master but they can never ever say that chiboy is Equal to his master. A servant cannot be equal to his master.
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by Nobody: 1:08am On Jun 15, 2013
From_Guiriga:

see how u guys end up contradicting ursefs?flesh gives birth to flesh..Spirit gives birth to what
Re: Trinitarian Disrespect For God by Nobody: 1:10am On Jun 15, 2013
truthislight:

You spoke for me also there ^. cheesy
ofcos always relying on people who are not even Christians to answer your question..smh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

"i Saw Bimbo Odukoya In Heaven / How To Destroy An Atheist In An Argument - 6 Steps / Prophet TB Joshua Celebrates His 55th Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.