Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,054 members, 7,838,674 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:46 AM

Nigerians Marrying Nigerians Raised In The Us - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigerians Marrying Nigerians Raised In The Us (6171 Views)

How I Ended Up Marrying The Lady I Met On Facebook / 10 Ways To Avoid Marrying The Wrong Person / Why Do Naija Girls Born And Raised In Naija Act Funny?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Marrying Nigerians Raised In The Us by sheniqua: 4:39am On May 07, 2008
4 Him:

Wait until u find a boyfriend who can't even soak garri, i'll see whether u'll let him starve.

ROFL
mamaput don finish?
Re: Nigerians Marrying Nigerians Raised In The Us by 4Him1(m): 4:39am On May 07, 2008
wendymanda:

So people  because men don't like equality or maybe just maybe because there are more important things in life than having a boyfriend.

na so una go talk now.
Re: Nigerians Marrying Nigerians Raised In The Us by sheniqua: 4:40am On May 07, 2008
4 Him:

wake up, this is the 21st century. Women outnumber men 8:1, if u're not willing there are at least 7 more ready to take your place. God help u if you're not even fine and u're doing shakara.

OSANOBUA!!
no wonder another poster is confessing to using juju to capture her man
These are desperate times
Re: Nigerians Marrying Nigerians Raised In The Us by wendymanda: 4:40am On May 07, 2008
4 Him:

its sad that a lot of you simply equate submissiveness to slavery. That is a false alarm.
Surprisingly unlike my dad, i cook far better than many of my aunts, i prefer to do my own house cleaning and laundry. There is nothing a woman does in the house that i can't do even better so besides companionship and having kids i really don't need a woman.
Ditto for many men out there.

Wait until u find a boyfriend who can't even soak garri, i'll see whether u'll let him starve.

You say this as if it was not you that brought up the woman doing house work Lagos man argument. You cook and do your own chores, pray tell. . . would it be the same if you were married? Yes submissiveness in any context is equal to some type of slavery.
Re: Nigerians Marrying Nigerians Raised In The Us by Nobody: 4:42am On May 07, 2008
its sad that a lot of you simply equate submissiveness to slavery. That is a false alarm.

True. But some people fail to understand this.
Re: Nigerians Marrying Nigerians Raised In The Us by wendymanda: 4:44am On May 07, 2008
4 Him:

wake up, this is the 21st century. Women outnumber men 8:1, if u're not willing there are at least 7 more ready to take your place. God help u if you're not even fine and u're doing shakara.

So one is supposed to become docile because women outnumber men. What am thinking is rather inappropriate to post so lets just leave it.
Re: Nigerians Marrying Nigerians Raised In The Us by acidrop(f): 4:44am On May 07, 2008
4 Him:

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat, look dont even uproot that sector of discussion, cos everyone is saying that the ratio of men 2 women is 1:8. then y in d world are the guys still one pursuing the girls. as in if it was true, i mean by now the girls will be desperate for a boo. but noo, nothing has changed, all these guys will not let person rest. . . .and here u are claiming that we are missing out on u guys. hahHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. na wa oooo.
Re: Nigerians Marrying Nigerians Raised In The Us by 4Him1(m): 4:44am On May 07, 2008
wendymanda:

You say this as if it was not you that brought up the woman doing house work Lagos man argument. You cook and do your own chores, pray tell. . . would it be the same if you were married? Yes submissiveness in any context is equal to some type of slavery.

The bible says "submit your ways unto the Lord" . . . does that mean we are slaves of God?
You submit to the authority of your parents, are you their slave?

When i'm married i'll still do what i'm used to doing . . . that is why i insist that marriage is individual. You may end up with a husband who cant wash a handkerchief. what would you do? Buy new ones everyday simply because it is slavery to submit to helping him wash them?
Re: Nigerians Marrying Nigerians Raised In The Us by tpia: 4:45am On May 07, 2008
all this cooking cooking cooking wahala.

Una never meet the beautiful lady whose food can give you a nasty stomach ache. No one will tell some guys to get cracking in the kitchen and whip up something to eat when the situation becomes critical. Una go just resemble matchstick because of hunger.

Thats if you want something tasty to eat.

The other option is to be the man, suck it up and eat whatever tasteless food the beautiful, influential and well placed love of your life dishes out in the kitchen.

or some people don't know there are Nigerian women out there who any guy would be proud to have as a wife, but who can't cook. undecided
Re: Nigerians Marrying Nigerians Raised In The Us by Dreloaded(f): 4:46am On May 07, 2008
why would you even date someone who cant soak garri? It says alot about a person ie they are used to having things done for them 24/7

If you're the mothering type that would be fine for some but for those who arent, I doubt they'd stay in such a ridiculous relationship
Re: Nigerians Marrying Nigerians Raised In The Us by 4Him1(m): 4:47am On May 07, 2008
acidrop:

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat, look don't even uproot that sector of discussion, because everyone is saying that the ratio of men 2 women is 1:8. then y in d world are the guys still one pursuing the girls. as in if it was true, i mean by now the girls will be desperate for a boo. but noo, nothing has changed, all these guys will not let person rest. . . .and here u are claiming that we are missing out on u guys. hahHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. na wa oooo.

we still chase women because the ratio of facially acceptable women is far less than the 8:1 ratio i mentioned earlier.  grin

You people still dont get it, if only women could see how much their husband's cherish them in their hearts . . .
Re: Nigerians Marrying Nigerians Raised In The Us by acidrop(f): 4:49am On May 07, 2008
ehen . . . . . .u seemed to be very experienced in this marriage thing. are u divorced? undecided
Re: Nigerians Marrying Nigerians Raised In The Us by 4Him1(m): 4:50am On May 07, 2008
tpia:

or some people don't know there are Nigerian women out there who any guy would be proud to have as a wife, but who can't cook. undecided

i have one example. Its not that she cant cook but she just dislikes it. But they are enjoying a beautiful marriage with 3 kids now. The husband is even worse in the kitchen, the best he can do is boil water or soak garri. Its all about choice and being able to adapt to the others strengths and weaknesses.
All men dont come in the same mould, pick the one that you can live with and be happy.
Re: Nigerians Marrying Nigerians Raised In The Us by wendymanda: 4:50am On May 07, 2008
4 Him:

The bible says "submit your ways unto the Lord" . . . does that mean we are slaves of God?
You submit to the authority of your parents, are you their slave?

When i'm married i'll still do what i'm used to doing . . . that is why i insist that marriage is individual. You may end up with a husband who can't wash a handkerchief. what would you do? Buy new ones everyday simply because it is slavery to submit to helping him wash them?

Is the husband then God or parents or both? There are different types of love; agape, filos and eros therefore I don't think someone I am romantically involved with is an authority figure, that's just creepy. If my husband can't wash a handkerchief that is where the equality comes in as I will teach him. However if he thinks he is an authority figure over me teaching him how to wash a handkerchief would be a problem. I can explain why if you want me to.
Re: Nigerians Marrying Nigerians Raised In The Us by 4Him1(m): 4:51am On May 07, 2008
acidrop:

ehen . . . . . .u seemed to be very experienced in this marriage thing. are u divorced? undecided

God forbid bad thing.  grin Divorce isnt in my dictionary.
Re: Nigerians Marrying Nigerians Raised In The Us by 4Him1(m): 4:52am On May 07, 2008
wendymanda:

Is the husband then God or parents or both? There are different types of love; agape, filos and eros therefore I don't think someone I am romantically involved with is an authority figure, that's just creepy. If my husband can't wash a handkerchief that is where the equality comes in as I will teach him. However if he thinks he is an authority figure over me teaching him how to wash a handkerchief would be a problem. I can explain why if you want me to.

Your husband is an authority figure in your home at least figuratively. Live with it dear. wink
Re: Nigerians Marrying Nigerians Raised In The Us by wendymanda: 4:53am On May 07, 2008
4 Him:

we still chase women because the ratio of facially acceptable women is far less than the 8:1 ratio i mentioned earlier. grin

You people still don't get it, if only women could see how much their husband's cherish them in their hearts . . .

When ever I can eat what is in there hearts thats when being cherished only in the heart will matter.
Re: Nigerians Marrying Nigerians Raised In The Us by acidrop(f): 4:53am On May 07, 2008
4 Him:

God forbid bad thing.  grin Divorce isnt in my dictionary.
so untill u are married dont judge anything on husband and wife matter
Re: Nigerians Marrying Nigerians Raised In The Us by Cadet(f): 4:54am On May 07, 2008
4 Him:

Your husband is an authority figure in your home at least figuratively. Live with it dear. wink
Lord help me with who I marry. authority kini? shocked
Re: Nigerians Marrying Nigerians Raised In The Us by 4Him1(m): 4:55am On May 07, 2008
Cadet:

pele dear. wink live with it.
Re: Nigerians Marrying Nigerians Raised In The Us by wendymanda: 4:56am On May 07, 2008
Cadet:

True true. I don't get why so adamant about the husband being an authority figure. Why can't we just be equal?
Re: Nigerians Marrying Nigerians Raised In The Us by acidrop(f): 4:59am On May 07, 2008
wendymanda:

True true. I don't get why so adamant about the husband being an authority figure. Why can't we just be equal?
look, i wanna get myself cleared hear. dont mind the whole the husband is the boss kinda thing, as in its always been like that, in my generation. but there is about to be a revolution with me, n am pretty sure its like that in most families too.

from a christani perspective, we will always respect the fact that Adam was created b4 Eve, but let Adam hold that respect oooo. cos if he turns eve to a servant he might not have it for long. datz all am saying
Re: Nigerians Marrying Nigerians Raised In The Us by Cadet(f): 5:00am On May 07, 2008
4 Him:

pele dear. wink live with it.
Live with wetin? That's why I'll know who am marrying before I do. He best leave his authoritative mentality with his last day of being a bachelor
Re: Nigerians Marrying Nigerians Raised In The Us by acidrop(f): 5:02am On May 07, 2008
erm. . . . . . cadet . . . . . i hope say u fyn oooo? cos d guy fit jst bone u. . . . .lol
Re: Nigerians Marrying Nigerians Raised In The Us by wendymanda: 5:03am On May 07, 2008
acidrop:

from a christani perspective, we will always respect the fact that Adam was created before Eve, but let Adam hold that respect oooo. because if he turns eve to a servant he might not have it for long. datz all am saying

Straight and to the point
Re: Nigerians Marrying Nigerians Raised In The Us by Cadet(f): 5:04am On May 07, 2008
acidrop:

erm. . . . . . cadet . . . . . i hope say u fyn oooo? because d guy fit jst bone u. . . . .lol
which guy?
Re: Nigerians Marrying Nigerians Raised In The Us by acidrop(f): 5:06am On May 07, 2008
the hubby 2 be now
Re: Nigerians Marrying Nigerians Raised In The Us by Cadet(f): 5:07am On May 07, 2008
acidrop:

the hubby 2 be now
two can play a captain.
Re: Nigerians Marrying Nigerians Raised In The Us by acidrop(f): 5:12am On May 07, 2008
i doubt that one, babe u be feminist?
Re: Nigerians Marrying Nigerians Raised In The Us by Cadet(f): 5:16am On May 07, 2008
acidrop:

i doubt that one, babe u be feminist?
no, I just no want a policeman for husband
Re: Nigerians Marrying Nigerians Raised In The Us by acidrop(f): 5:17am On May 07, 2008
submitting 2 ur husband nko?
Re: Nigerians Marrying Nigerians Raised In The Us by Cadet(f): 5:18am On May 07, 2008
acidrop:

submitting 2 your husband nko?
will you?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Hottest Text Message Ever / Lets Make A Shout-out To Our Loved Ones. / Why Gender Equality Is Detrimental To Women - And Not Ideal For A Sane World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.