Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,252 members, 7,811,699 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:36 PM

Giving Birth In Canada - Travel (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Giving Birth In Canada (683137 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (167) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 3:29pm On May 20, 2016
You should have gotten both short and long birth certificates instead of 1.

Seems birthing is more expensive in Alberta .

How come baby's bill cost that much? What did it entail?

[quote author=brizzy007 post=45634512][/quote]
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by JESUnifemi4eva: 9:50pm On May 21, 2016
Hi Jafar777 kindly pardon the delayed response. Please ask your questions on this forum as some other person might benefit from the information and others might be able to give you a better response.

Jafar777:
[Good day please could you send your contact (email or reachable number to jafarbalogun@yahoo.com.
Id appreciate if you enlighten me on some steps ]Hello People,

I have been a silent follower of this thread, however I signed in to THANK a special lady called HOTSTEPPER.

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by JESUnifemi4eva: 10:05pm On May 21, 2016
Hi Candykenni,

Take all your pregnancy info from your hospital. E.g Hepatitis B, HIV, Blood work (Genotype,blood group,count etc) and ultrasound results.

The gynaecologist also asked for my Glucose-testing (they test your reaction to glucose by taking your blood sample every 30mins in a 3hr procedure)and I can't remember the name of a test I had to do at PathCare lab in V.I; your gynaecologist in Naija would have an idea if he has lots of patients who travel to US/Canada to give birth.

candykenni:
Hello Jafar777,

Thank you for the info. Please can you share the list of pregnancy test results you took along befor eyu landed in Canada?

Thank you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by justwise(m): 10:07pm On May 21, 2016
Constant requests for PMs has killed this thread. Is there any point for this thread anymore ?

4 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 10:11pm On May 21, 2016
justwise:

No its not WISDOM and its not coming from God. Your true intention was to give birth in Canada and you lied about it, so keep God out of this and face the fact that you lied and got away with it.

Thieves, scammers and fraudsters lie without been caught but that doesn't mean that God protected them.

Lol grin. God is no man. If he were, the people that linked his name with evil would be cooling their bald head off on one of the kitchen chairs in hell

@hotstepper

E ku se....dalu so... nago de. The ministry is growing cool
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by JESUnifemi4eva: 10:26pm On May 21, 2016
Hi Phemzy,

Ontario is a province with lots of big cities and towns; since your wife is going to stay with a relative...ask your relative to help you get a gynaecologist in their city.

The gynaecologist does all the leg-work in his/her private office, your wife would only have to visit the hospital when she is in Labor or if there's a medical emergency (GOD Forbid).

Hotstepper can give you gynaecologist number if your relative is based in Toronto

Phemzy:
Hello Aus.

Can u help by recommending an hospital in Ontario who I can start exchanging test results with and book a medical appointment with. I understand as I av read b4 that one has to be physically there b4 an appointment can be called considered. However proof of medical appointment is also useful in the online route.

Thanks and God bless
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by JESUnifemi4eva: 10:32pm On May 21, 2016
@hopefulme and @meeracle...please pardon me,I saw your emails but could not respond cos of a phone glitch.

Hope your questions have been answered on the forum.

Have a great weekend.

Cheers!
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 3:39am On May 22, 2016
As in ehhh.....Nigerians don't like to read . The amount of emails I recieve s alarming nd just tired of answering same questions that is already answered here only of they will take time nd read through it

justwise:
Constant requests for PMs has killed this thread. Is there any point for this thread anymore ?

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Juxen: 11:43am On May 22, 2016
Has any one given birth in Edmonton. Please share your experience n cost. Help a sister.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Omodun: 11:45am On May 22, 2016
wayinoma:
Good morg family,
I want to say thank you for all the information here. This is my story.
I applied for visiting visa.it took 72 days buy which time I was 35wks.I came in about a day ago.
POE
Border contrl office just asked why are you here, I said vacation asked how much I had and I told him he said I have to declare it which I did all in all it took like 5mins and I was out of the airport.
I came in through YYC calgary.
Will update the house as things progresses.
Thanks sooo much

Hi @wayinoma did you have your baby in Calgary? How did u get you doctor?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Omodun: 11:50am On May 22, 2016
[quote author=brizzy007 post=45634512][/quote]

Where in canada did you have your baby?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by wayinoma: 7:56pm On May 23, 2016
Omodun:

Hi @wayinoma did you have your baby in Calgary? How did u get you doctor?

Let me first tender apologies oo, I have bin busy baby don come and the night vigil is real. Pls people there is absolutely no way I can respond to all the email so pls state you concerns here someone may be able to hlp too.

@omodun my brother inalw took me to dia gp. And yes I had my Baby in calgary.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by wayinoma: 7:58pm On May 23, 2016
Omodun:

Where in canada did you have your baby?

Calgary
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by wayinoma: 8:00pm On May 23, 2016
wayinoma:

Calgary

Please people I will not be replying emails and pms. Put up your questions here and I will try my best to answer your questions to the best of my knowledge.

4 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Juxen: 11:49pm On May 23, 2016
wayinoma:

Let me first tender apologies oo, I have bin busy baby don come and the night vigil is real. Pls people there is absolutely no way I can respond to all the email so pls state you concerns here someone may be able to hlp too.

Is it the GP that delivered your baby or he helped with referral to an ob/gun.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by wayinoma: 7:55am On May 24, 2016
tongue
Juxen:

Is it the GP that delivered your baby or he helped with referral to an ob/gun.
d gp refers you to a obgyn
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by chizzybaby247: 11:19am On May 24, 2016
Hotstepper:
You should have gotten both short and long birth certificates instead of 1.
Seems birthing is more expensive in Alberta .
How come baby's bill cost that much? What did it entail?

Hot stepper, i greet o,
my dear, that's what they billed my baby, they didn't even give me breakdown of that bill because i paid extra money for 24hr blood work. you mean i should have gotten the long and short birth certificate? why? what can i say? i give God all the glory for everything. i sent you PM when i got the TRV to tell you that am leaving, you didn't reply.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by hopefulme: 11:20am On May 24, 2016
JESUnifemi4eva:
@hopefulme and @meeracle...please pardon me,I saw your emails but could not respond cos of a phone glitch.

Hope your questions have been answered on the forum.

Have a great weekend.

Cheers!

Thanks dear.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 12:13pm On May 24, 2016
That is weird cuz I replied every email I recieve. Both dey important. Infact long one is the registration of birth with both parents info there nd the short one is the proper birth certificate. 1 always advice ppl to get the 2. Well u can always get it sha ...not a problem

chizzybaby247:

Hot stepper, i greet o,
my dear, that's what they billed my baby, they didn't even give me breakdown of that bill because i paid extra money for 24hr blood work. you mean i should have gotten the long and short birth certificate? why? what can i say? i give God all the glory for everything. i sent you PM when i got the TRV to tell you that am leaving, you didn't reply.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Omodun: 7:19am On May 26, 2016
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Omodun: 7:24am On May 26, 2016
wayinoma:

Thanks @ Wayimona and congrats again.......I have been looking for a Calgary connect.

Please what hospital did you use and how much was your bills?

Did you also have to use their maternity clinics? If yes, which did you use? and how much did it cost?

Many thanks
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by jinnyz: 10:31am On May 30, 2016
@ WAYINOMA, THANK GOD FOR SAFE DELIVERY, BIG CONGRATS ON YOUR NEW BORN.

PLS HOW MUCH IS THE COST OF DELIVERY @ CALGARY? WAS IT VD OR CS? AND THE NAME OF THE HOSPITAL!!! THANKS
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Jafar777: 12:18pm On May 30, 2016
Good day @ hotstepper, please can you refer a 2 bedroom furnished accomodation in ontario and possibly your doctor's connect in ontario?

Hotstepper:
Ok. If Calgary u r on ur own unless u have ppl there who go help u

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 3:54pm On May 30, 2016
Very hard to find a furnished apartment. Where in Ontario?

Jafar777:
Good day @ hotstepper, please can you refer a 2 bedroom furnished accomodation in ontario and possibly your doctor's connect in ontario?

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by wayinoma: 4:36pm On May 30, 2016
jinnyz:
@ WAYINOMA, THANK GOD FOR SAFE DELIVERY, BIG CONGRATS ON YOUR NEW BORN.

PLS HOW MUCH IS THE COST OF DELIVERY @ CALGARY? WAS IT VD OR CS? AND THE NAME OF THE HOSPITAL!!! THANKS

Thanks, it was csection. Had the baby @ peter lougheed hosp.

Baby : 1080
Me: 3900 per night
Dr: 1500

I heard it used to be 2500 per night and below 1k for baby but prices have recently be reviewed.

For VD
Will be pretty much same amount except for dr's bill will be 1,000

Pls note drs bill can be as much as 3500.i had to keep shopping for a cheaper gynae.

@hotstepper pls I need you help as per birth cert and Etc. Biko a number I can reach you on.

2 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by wayinoma: 4:40pm On May 30, 2016
Omodun:

Thanks @ Wayimona and congrats again.......I have been looking for a Calgary connect.

Please what hospital did you use and how much was your bills?

Did you also have to use their maternity clinics? If yes, which did you use? and how much did it cost?

I have just posted the bill. Yes I was seeing my gynae till had my baby

It's mosaic women's clinic, I hope the spelling is correct tho.

I paid 150 initial visit then 30 @ every visit

Many thanks
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Juxen: 5:31pm On May 30, 2016
wayinoma:

I heard it used to be 2500 per night and below 1k for baby but prices have recently be reviewed.

For VD

Pls note drs bill can be as much as 3500.i had to keep shopping for a cheaper gynae.

@hotstepper pls I need you help as per birth cert and Etc. Biko a number I can reach you on.

Pls how many nights did you stay since you had C-section
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Omodun: 7:39pm On May 30, 2016
wayinoma:

For VD

@hotstepper pls I need you help as per birth cert anmd Etc. Biko a number I can reach you on.

Hi Wayinoma,

How where you able to shop for a doctor since u had to be refered?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Omodun: 8:31pm On May 30, 2016
wayinoma:

For VD

@hotstepper pls I need you help as per birth cert anmd Etc. Biko a number I can reach you on.

Hi Wayinoma,

How were you able to shop for a doctor since u had to be refered?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by wayinoma: 5:16am On May 31, 2016
Juxen:

Pls how many nights did you stay since you had C-section

I stayed for. 36hrs
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by wayinoma: 5:27am On May 31, 2016
Omodun:

Hi Wayinoma,

How were you able to shop for a doctor since u had to be refered?

I was initially refred to a dr attached to foothills hosp her bill was 2500 while a night @ foothill is abt 5,000. NICU is 17,000 it was the NICU that made me go back to the GP.i then requested for peter lougheed.i figured since it's a teaching hosp ansd a general hosp it will be cheaper and I was correct.

The over 3k covers all the test,ultrasound etc u will do while in labour or in the OR or in the post natal ward.

So the new dr I was refred to charged 1500 for cs

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by wayinoma: 5:29am On May 31, 2016
Omodun:

Hi Wayinoma,

How where you able to shop for a doctor since u had to be refered?

The GP was alarmed when I gave her the price so she started calling to see if she could get a good dr @ a reasonable price.a dr dt was attached to peter lougheed.

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (167) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.