Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,122 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:24 AM

Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant - NYSC (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant (37968 Views)

What Are These Pregnant Women Doing In NYSC Camp(pic) / Pastor Tunde Bakare's son & NYSC commandant trade slaps in NYSC Ondo camp / List Of Corp Members Killed In Bauchi As Released By Nysc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by shegzee43: 5:49pm On Jul 04, 2013
It's so annoying to hear crazy comments that seem to defend the action of the Nigerian captain. Young Nigerians, why do we accept it when the man in Khaki portrays himself as above the law? We are not in war neither are we experiencing any form of instability. Come to think of it doesn't the young lady have the right to ask why she was being pushed? If that means questioning the authority of the captain he should have resorted to metting punishment rather than brutalising her. This is the height of inhumanity. Nobody has the right whatsoever to brutalise anyone in a civilised, peaceful and democratic society. If the Nigerian army is still what it used to be, I assure you the captain will either be demoted or dismissed

3 Likes

Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by mkoabiola: 5:51pm On Jul 04, 2013
Simple instruction,she de argue.
Kpele ooo.

1 Like

Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by Nten: 5:54pm On Jul 04, 2013
An Army captain wuldnt have brutalize a woman like dat. Kicking & hittin a woman to the ground! thats a misdeameanor for a captain of that calibre assigned to coordinate educated fellows like him. Even if the lady might had sounded rude by asking him what her offence were, while given an order. There should have been a more ethical mode of punishment rather than the unorthodox & dehumanizing method he implored that is threatening the poor girl spinal stability. Spinal cord matter no be joke o!
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by olumyde(m): 5:55pm On Jul 04, 2013
Idoma Likita:

And a Captain of the NIGERIAN ARMY should be DISCIPLINED enough to show RESTRAINT in dealing with a CIVILIAN, most especially, WOMEN.
When did d Crime for Insubordination become Paralysis?

This Case MUST be pursued to a Logical Conclusion...Period!
A serving corper is not considered a civilian.
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by MaziOmenuko: 5:55pm On Jul 04, 2013
trolling: whats the definition of NYSC again?

Nationa Year of Sex and Comfort.

www.nairaland.com/1189030/nysc-national-year-sex-comfort
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by nedu2000(m): 5:57pm On Jul 04, 2013
There was a girl that served with my in Mirnga,Borno state 2008/09,this girl almost got us killed by the locals because of her bad mouth,what the commandant did was wrong o,but some people talk without weighing the possible implications......hope she gets compensated,but I bet she wishes she could retrace her steps
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by anyicool(m): 5:58pm On Jul 04, 2013
SimonAndal: I might not know how the NYSC operates, but don't corpers leave the camp after 1 month? Dafuq was she doing dancing in camp after 4 MONTHS?
read d story again bro!!!
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by shegzee43: 5:58pm On Jul 04, 2013
Shugamania: The way some Nigerians respond to issues on nairaland makes me wonder if there really is any hope for us at all.
So she deserves whatever predicament she's in because she was bold enough to speak up for herself in d face of humiliation when she didnt do anything wrong. Did y'all miss the part where she stated she was invited to camp to instruct d new dance troops Being a batch C corper, She wasnt even undergoing orientation.
For those of u condemning her for supposedly being rude, would u still hold d same position if the girl in question was ur sister or girlfriend??
Oh.. ur sis/girlfriend wouldnt dare speak up even if she was molested by d CC.
I've been to camp and i know what happens there... a girl with a chronic illness had a seizure while serving punishment and d CC in my camp told d red cross staff to bring her back to continue her punishment once she was stabilised. That's just one out of countless stories.
I dont know the whole story sorrounding this case but i believe nothing she did can justify what was done to her or whatshe's going through right now.

This is why lawlessness will continue to thrive. God help this country.

For crying out loud she is a graduate and she is almost same level with a captain in the Nigerian Army!
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by Vitalis13(m): 5:59pm On Jul 04, 2013
The stupid camp commandant should be court marshalled. Even if the lady was talking to the man anyhow, he caused it. After smoking marijuana finish, these uncivilised soldiers will look for who to take out their warlike training on defenceless people. He's a shame to the Nigerian Army since he can't show restraint.
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by salt1: 6:05pm On Jul 04, 2013
This is why I don't like separating fights. This girl got a dislocated spine over a mattress matter that didn't involve her. The Ife girl has gone back to her parents in one piece. The one who took upon herself to be Robin Hood the Second, defender of the defenseless and chief explainer is lying on a bed

3 Likes

Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by olumyde(m): 6:09pm On Jul 04, 2013
For those claiming human right, you should know ur limit. For one, it can even happen in civilised countries, only that the offender will be promptly punished. Being rude to a senior army officer in the presence of his juniors is not the best thing to do. Anyway, the commandant should be promptly punished, he should have shown restraint. Remember, anger can make u do something u regret. I'm sure he didn't mean to cripple her.
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by COOLDUN: 6:17pm On Jul 04, 2013
That is what you get in a country where their military is filled with half educated and cultist graduates. Some educated illiterates are here defending this animal captain that is not up to a recruit/private in the western army.

Nigerians, are always biased in their judgement when the incident does not affect them, these army supporters wouldn't say these trash here if that humiliated/brutalized lady happens to be their sister,wife/fiance,friend, mother, but she is being prosecuted for asking question why she was being pushed by the King Kong army captain.

Until Nigeria re shape their military all these nasty stories will never stop in Nigeria, an army captain supposed to be disciplined , there are many ways to punish the lady than beating her as if she was a co military personnel like him.

If this lady have a stubborn relation who is very ready to retaliate , all what it would take is to know the full name of this almighty captain and family background , where he comes from and begin to give his family members VIP treatment. Being a captain does never make him above death or any member of his family.

Someone would spend his hard earned money to train his son/daughter in the university only to lose him/her to a useless national service that has not been any useful to the country. If not the cult students, it would be village masquerades.or camp commandants. The captain should be court Martial with immediate effect so that other power drunken animals like him could learn. Or government should stop this NYSC program , to save more innocent lives.

1 Like

Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by okine4real: 6:19pm On Jul 04, 2013
while are you all talking like these? whom they hell is a captain? is a Military Captain a God? These is the main reason Nigeria would never move forward. Did not you guys watch Egypt revolution On the TV? People where laying down on the street for Military Amour Tanks to climb, But the Military guys there not MOVE THERE TANKS. In the whole of Egypt how many people died during there revolution? very few. Military are not gods and they are not above the law. Even a Military Colonel salute Govern Fashola because the Colonel new he bleeped up. As far as am concern the Captain should be court martial according to the rule of law IF THE NEWS IS TRUE.

Also what is she tOLD the captain CAN THE CAPTAIN PUSH HIS SISTER, and so what, so because she asked him, so he crippled her right? Everybody wants to go to America, Europe... Did they tell you folks that America and Europe was build on a situation where by rule of law is not relevant? Even right now Egyptian Presido is under house arrest... Can these happen in Nigeria? THIS IS WHY NIGERIA WOULD REMAIN WHERE IT IS IF WE DONT STAND UP FOR THE RIGHT THING.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA.

1 Like

Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by Biggyd2: 6:20pm On Jul 04, 2013
I can't believe that people are supporting this commandant! Please which law authorises a soldier to beat up an UNARMED civilian till she is paralysed just because stood up to ask a soldier a question concerning her right? This is the very reason why Nigeria is in a pit today. Your leaders and people in authority give you poo to eat and you do that willingly all in the name of'obeying the last order'. It is so sad that it is our youth that are mostly reasoning this way. Really SAD!

The father of this corper should get a good human rights lawyer and sue these eeeediots. Gosh, this country has a long way to go.
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by okine4real: 6:26pm On Jul 04, 2013
while are you all talking like these? whom they hell is a captain? is a Military Captain a God? These is the main reason Nigeria would never move forward. Did not you guys watch Egypt revolution On the TV? People where laying down on the street for Military Amour Tanks to climb, But the Military guys there not MOVE THERE TANKS. In the whole of Egypt how many people died during there revolution? very few. Military are not gods and they are not above the law. Even a Military Colonel salute Govern Fashola because the Colonel new he bleeped up. As far as am concern the Captain should be court martial according to the rule of law IF THE NEWS IS TRUE.

Also what is she tOLD the captain CAN THE CAPTAIN PUSH HIS SISTER, and so what, so because she asked him, so he crippled her right? Everybody wants to go to America, Europe... Did they tell you folks that America and Europe was build on a situation where by rule of law is not relevant? Even right now Egyptian Presido is under house arrest... Can these happen in Nigeria? THIS IS WHY NIGERIA WOULD REMAIN WHERE IT IS IF WE DONT STAND UP FOR THE RIGHT THING.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA.
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by Orikinla(m): 6:26pm On Jul 04, 2013
VIOLENCE AGAINST WOMEN MUST STOP AND ALL THOSE BLAMING HER ARE UNCIVILIZED.

1 Like

Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by VolvoS60(m): 6:33pm On Jul 04, 2013
Shugamania: The way some Nigerians respond to issues on nairaland makes me wonder if there really is any hope for us at all.

I've been to camp and i know what happens there... a girl with a chronic illness had a seizure while serving punishment and d CC in my camp told d red cross staff to bring her back to continue her punishment once she was stabilised. That's just one out of countless stories.

I dont know the whole story sorrounding this case but i believe nothing she did can justify what was done to her or what she's going through right now.

This is why lawlessness will continue to thrive. God help this country.

^^^^
Madame,

You asked if there really is any hope for us at all. I am very sorry to tell you that it doesn't seem like there is. We say Nigeria has problems? Look at this thread and begin to understand why.

As a few posters have said, there are two sides to every story. We are waiting to hear the NYSC commandant’s side. But some people who call themselves Nigerians have already tried and condemned this young woman without even waiting for the NYSC to state its own side.

The worst offenders are alyarmouk, blink182, isarumah, ITbomb, iheneme, crazyman and some others who will undoubtedly weigh in over the next few hours angry. These posters should all be ashamed of themselves. One can only imagine their dysfunctional backgrounds and life experiences which have obviously warped and twisted their minds in a way that decent people cannot even begin to try to understand.

We will wait to hear the NYSC give its own version of what happened. But with what I know of the Nigerian military and how its people think and behave, I know who I think is guilty.
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by olumyde(m): 6:36pm On Jul 04, 2013
COOLDUN: That is what you get in a country where their military
is filled with half educated and cultist graduates. Some educated
illiterates are here defending this animal captain that is not up to a
recruit/private in the western army.

Nigerians, are always biased in their judgement when the incident does
not affect them, these army supporters wouldn't say these trash here if
that humiliated/brutalized lady happens to be their
sister,wife/fiance,friend, mother, but she is being prosecuted for
asking question why she was being pushed by the King Kong army captain.

Until Nigeria re shape their military all these nasty stories will never
stop in Nigeria, an army captain supposed to be disciplined , there are
many ways to punish the lady than beating her as if she was a co
military personnel like him.

If this lady have a stubborn relation who is very ready to retaliate ,
all what it would take is to know the full name of this almighty captain
and family background , where he comes from and begin to give his
family members VIP treatment. Being a captain does never make him above
death or any member of his family.

Someone would spend his hard earned money to train his son/daughter in
the university only to lose him/her to a useless national service that
has not been any useful to the country. If not the cult students, it
would be village masquerades.or camp commandants. The captain should be
court Martial with immediate effect so that other power drunken animals
like him could learn. Or government should stop this NYSC program , to
save more innocent lives.
There's an adage that says "When you get to Rome, you behave like the people of Rome". What the commandant did was very bad and he should be punished. Until Nigeria changes, learn to know ur limit wt an army officer. Claiming right has caused her broken spine. If she went in gently, what will she loose.

1 Like

Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by dasparrow: 6:42pm On Jul 04, 2013
@Post

Most Nigerians are naturally violent because we come from a violent society where you are beaten from kindergarten all the way to NYSC service year. So, I am not surprised. I hope the corper get's justice.

1 Like

Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 6:45pm On Jul 04, 2013
Just how does Nigeria explain this one? Female graduate and Adult beaten to the point of being crippled by a soldier called Senior Officer(Commandant). angry

I dey wait. Tomorrow blame the world and Obama for not being so condoning of all this nonsense.
sad
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by anddy4sunny: 6:45pm On Jul 04, 2013
after finished ur degree for almost four to five years a secondarian Who is in uniform will now treat u like a slave. der should remore them from camp students can coodinate themself
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by JamesLucia: 6:57pm On Jul 04, 2013
nonesense y would u refuse to get inside when d comandant asked u to go in? is it a small thing to become an army officer? u even ask him a stupid question, idiot what does nysc anthem say? can u do dt to ur dad? thank God he did not kill u.
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by VolvoS60(m): 7:00pm On Jul 04, 2013
olumyde: For those claiming human right, you should know ur limit. Being rude to a senior army officer in the presence of his juniors is not the best thing to do. Anyway, the commandant should be promptly punished, he should have shown restraint. Remember, anger can make u do something u regret. I'm sure he didn't mean to cripple her.

^^^^Sir,

What are these limits you speak about?

olumyde:
For one, it can even happen in civilised countries, only that the offender will be promptly punished.

^^^^Perhaps without meaning to, you may have zeroed in on the crux of the matter.
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by oraclefemi(m): 7:06pm On Jul 04, 2013
Cripple my sister , i will either make you go blind with a sharp object or cripple you too....we can then discuss laws in court...when the odds are balanced.
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by carzola(m): 7:11pm On Jul 04, 2013
I could'nt read the post to the cause i was in tears.. Army brutality is geting out of hand.. Lets pray 4 her to recover noting is imposible for God.
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by Exponental(m): 7:16pm On Jul 04, 2013
alyarmouk: A captain of the NIGERIAN ARMY directed that all shld go inside and you were still explaining.......... he even pushed you and you had the guts to ask the captain if he cld push his sister like that walahi u get luck na only spine you damage..
shows how rude you are.
B.C.
maybe she's a lawyer. She knows her right in a country where law is meant for some set of people.
Silence is sometimes not stupidity but wisdom.
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by VolvoS60(m): 7:18pm On Jul 04, 2013
James Lucia: nonesense y would u refuse to get inside when d comandant asked u to go in? is it a small thing to become an army officer? u even ask him a stupid question, idiot what does nysc anthem say? can u do dt to ur dad? thank God he did not kill u.

^^^^ undecided

You wear your religion on your sleeve but you do not live by it. Your comment here shows that your heart is full of darkness despite what you post in the Religion section.

Hypocrite.
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jul 04, 2013
I don't have time to do this, maybe next year but someone needs to register www.exposenigeriaindecency.com and do a public blog on it where common citizens can post name sand pictures of wrong doers.

Of course this needs to be registered overseas.

From the Commandant that committed this brutal act, the custom officer at the airport asking for bribe, the dangerous government vehicle driver, etc

Back on topic. To young folks, please learn a lesson.

There's a place and time for everything.

You don't argue with a superior officer in front of his subordinates especially when the situation is already volatile.

I wished that the Commandant had just arrested her and placed her in detention for a week for insubordination instead of this act.

Fela already said that "everybody get him power everywhere". I am not standing up for the Commandant but the victim is also culpable.

I was taking pictures one day on Ring Road Ibadan. Unbeknownst to me there was a Police checkpoint there and I think the Officer thought I was taking picture of him taking bribe. He asked me to delete the picture. Guess what? I did. I wasn't going to get in an argument with someone carrying an AK47 while I only carried a Nikon. These days with DropBox.Com, even if you delete the picture it should already be uploaded to your DropBox account.

Be careful out there and watch your goings and comings.
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jul 04, 2013
There is no hope for this generation really.

If majority of the people on here have viewed the girl lying helpless and in pains, and they are still heartless enough to defend that animal in human skin called an army captain.... NO HOPE shocked
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by DerideGull(m): 7:21pm On Jul 04, 2013
ooua: Just listen to yourself. A young person like you is reasoning like this, i feel for you and your society. If Nigerian youth reason the way you do then I wonder how this country will look like in the next 20 yrs. That officer has no right whatsoever to put that young woman in that condition. I trust the press wait you will see the outcome and you will eat your words.

If Nigerian youths listen to you for a second, they will be all crippled in next 20 years. Even in the country remotely tagged as the mother of democracy and freedom, when a police orders you to stop, you had better stop.
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jul 04, 2013
Somorin#1:
I don't have time to do this, maybe next year but someone needs to register www.exposenigeriaindecency.com and do a public blog on it where common citizens can post name sand pictures of wrong doers.

Of course this needs to be registered overseas.

From the Commandant that committed this brutal act, the custom officer at the airport asking for bribe, the dangerous government vehicle driver, etc

Back on topic. To young folks, please learn a lesson.

There's a place and time for everything.

You don't argue with a superior officer in front of his subordinates especially when the situation is already volatile.

I wished that the Commandant had just arrested her and placed her in detention for a week for insubordination instead of this act.

Fela already said that "everybody get him power everywhere". I am not standing up for the Commandant but the victim is also culpable.

I was taking pictures one day on Ring Road Ibadan. Unbeknownst to me there was a Police checkpoint there and I think the Officer thought I was taking picture of him taking bribe. He asked me to delete the picture. Guess what? I did. I wasn't going to get in an argument with someone carrying an AK47 while I only carried a Nikon. These days with DropBox.Com, even if you delete the picture it should already be uploaded to your DropBox account.

Be careful out there and watch your goings and comings.

The victim is NOT CULPABLE! If you're lily-livered and cant stand for your rights, not everyone is constituted the same way as you!

Virtually all the freedoms you & me enjoy in the Nigeria of today were won through dint of sacrifice of pain, blood & tears by human beings like us. People in the mould of this girl. Lets all condemn this brute of an army captain NO MILITARY PERSONNEL HAS THE RIGHT TO ATTACK AN UNARMED CIVILIAN THE WAY HE DID TO THIS GIRL IT'S JUST BARBARIC!
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jul 04, 2013
I doubt if a revolution can take place in Nigeria
Nigerians have too much respect for authority judging
from what I am reading here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Anambra Corper, Jenyo Ojo, Dies A Month To Passing Out - Pictures / Female Corper Drowns In Swimming Pool In Enugu State / NYSC-UPDATE:for Those Who Miss The Nationwide Headcount(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.