Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,159 members, 7,811,343 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:48 AM

Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant - NYSC (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant (37948 Views)

What Are These Pregnant Women Doing In NYSC Camp(pic) / Pastor Tunde Bakare's son & NYSC commandant trade slaps in NYSC Ondo camp / List Of Corp Members Killed In Bauchi As Released By Nysc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by princesammmy: 7:38pm On Jul 04, 2013
SOMETIMES THERE IS WISDOM IN BEING A FOOL. HAD SHE ALLOWED HER RIGHT TO BE TRAMPLED UPON JUST FOR ONCE. SHE WOULD HAVE AVOIDED STORY THAT TOUCH THE HEART

2 Likes

Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by DerideGull(m): 7:38pm On Jul 04, 2013
shegzee43: It's so annoying to hear crazy comments that seem to defend the action of the Nigerian captain. Young Nigerians, why do we accept it when the man in Khaki portrays himself as above the law? We are not in war neither are we experiencing any form of instability. Come to think of it doesn't the young lady have the right to ask why she was being pushed? If that means questioning the authority of the captain he should have resorted to metting punishment rather than brutalising her. This is the height of inhumanity. Nobody has the right whatsoever to brutalise anyone in a civilised, peaceful and democratic society. If the Nigerian army is still what it used to be, I assure you the captain will either be demoted or dismissed

Above post is among the problems that besieged Nigeria. Anybody in military or para-military uniform of a country is the representative of the country’s law. If the young lady had acted like a civilized person when the commandant ordered everybody to go inside, she should be on her feet now and probably be dancing. However, the Captain should not have placed his/her hand on the young talk less of pushing her.
Nigeria is like computer lexicon, garbage in, garbage out.
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by nijanigga: 7:41pm On Jul 04, 2013
alyarmouk: A captain of the NIGERIAN ARMY directed that all shld go inside and you were still explaining.......... he even pushed you and you had the guts to ask the captain if he cld push his sister like that walahi u get luck na only spine you damage..
shows how rude you are.
B.C.
See the problem, so many animals in Nigeria.Ok, look at how this monkey is thinking. He sees a military man like a demi-god.A military man will kick a woman in a civilized society ,that will be the end of his career,plus jail time. But in Nigeria more monkeys than humans are living there,this dimwit and all those that like his comment are example.

1 Like

Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by nijanigga: 7:43pm On Jul 04, 2013
princesammmy: SOMETIMES THERE IS WISDOM IN BEING A FOOL. HAD SHE ALLOWED HER RIGHT TO BE TREMPLED UPON JUST FOR ONCE. SHE WOULD HAVE AVOIDED STORY THAT TOUCH THE HEART
No wonder, Nigerian politicians rub their "nyash" on top your head and nothing happens.

1 Like

Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jul 04, 2013
ziddy:

The victim is NOT CULPABLE! If you're lily-livered and cant stand for your rights, not everyone is constituted the same way as you!

Virtually all the freedoms you & me enjoy in the Nigeria of today were won through dint of sacrifice of pain, blood & tears by human beings like us. People in the mould of this girl. Lets all condemn this brute of an army captain NO MILITARY PERSONNEL HAS THE RIGHT TO ATTACK AN UNARMED CIVILIAN THE WAY HE DID TO THIS GIRL IT'S JUST BARBARIC!

She absolutely has part culpability. She didn't use common sense which is a preset in a court of law. The Jurist should ask "what would a reasonable do in the situation?

There's an expectation to diffuse a situation and not escalate it.

The freedom I enjoy in Nigeria was worn by engaging the adversaries in mostly diplomatic ways.

You can call me lilly livered because I address issues in an educated manner that ALWAYS gets me my desired result but I am alive and well with no spinal injury.

Bob Marley "He who fights and run always, lives to fight another day".

Had the young Lady backed down and simply followed directions at the "camp" instead of letting "yanga" take over, she can always go and file reports later or call the press.
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by andyanders: 7:47pm On Jul 04, 2013
That is what happens when you throw out unguided words to a security official.

Only a madman that fights or challenges a man with a gun.

See, the lady they came for did not sustain injury and herself keep fighting and running her mouth. She should have known that a soldier is trained to kill and should not be provoked. She went extreem and that has put her in this her present state of health. Too bad.

1 Like

Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by nijanigga: 7:49pm On Jul 04, 2013
andyanders: That is what happens when you throw out unguided words to a security official.

See, the lady they came for did not sustain injury and herself keep fighting and running her mouth. She should have known that a soldier is trained to kill and should not be provoked. She went extreem and that has put her in this her present state of health. Too bad.
It means if you're the captain you will do the same to the lady. If this is the garbage born in Nigeria.The country is DEAD.

1 Like

Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jul 04, 2013
andyanders: That is what happens when you throw out unguided words to a security official.

It's really very simple and I am surprised that most do not see our point of view.

No wonder they are killing folks like fowls in the country.

The art of conflict resolution seems to have ebbed in Nigeria.

No one on this thread has said that the Commandant is right, the General consensus is that he is absolutely wrong and should be punished.

I really don't care much about the Commandant, his conduct has defined him. I am most concerned about the young Lady here and others like her who do not understand the great danger when you engage trained killers.

1 Like

Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by nijanigga: 7:53pm On Jul 04, 2013
Somorin#1:

Thanks and yet here I am, and arguably there you are.
By yours words, you will do the same if you're the captain.How can a human reason like that to justify the captain's actions.As barbaric as the captain,if he really thinks he can fight, let both of you go and face boko haram than attacking a corper. You're nothing but a bully.

1 Like

Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jul 04, 2013
nijanigga:
It means if you're the captain you will do the same to the lady. If this is the garbage born in Nigeria.The country is DEAD.

That was a non sequitur.

You are truly now reaching to justify your position. Not necessary. Just debate the facts.
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by nijanigga: 7:56pm On Jul 04, 2013

Martin Luther King fought and challenges men with guns not a gun. Cowards die before their dead.
A Nigerian youth will rather live with corrupt politicians wiping their nyash on top their heads than revolt. Look at the oil subsidy strike,they chicken in. I won't join any strike again.

1 Like

Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jul 04, 2013
nijanigga:
By yours words, you will do the same if you're the captain.How can a human reason like that to justify the captain's actions.As barbaric as the captain,if he really thinks he can fight, let both of you go and face boko haram than attacking a corper. You're nothing but a bully.

You should quote me where I said that I would do the same if I was the Commandant. I bet that you can't.

You are having trouble holding this conversation. Are you clear and of free thinking?

I never once justified the actions of the Commandant and I in fact stated in posts above what I preferred that the Commandant should have done. Again, he should simply have had her arrested for insubordination and thrown into the brig for a week.
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by andyanders: 7:58pm On Jul 04, 2013
Somorin#1:

She absolutely has part culpability. She didn't use common sense which is a preset in a court of law. The Jurist should ask "what would a reasonable do in the situation?

There's an expectation to diffuse a situation and not escalate it.

The freedom I enjoy in Nigeria was worn by engaging the adversaries in mostly diplomatic ways.

You can call me lilly livered because I address issues in an educated manner that ALWAYS gets me my desired result but I am alive and well with no spinal injury.

Bob Marley "He who fights and run always, lives to fight another day".

Had the young Lady backed down and simply followed directions at the "camp" instead of letting "yanga" take over, she can always go and file reports later or call the press.

Thank you my brother. Allow this Nijaniggar to say whatever he wants to say. The lady wanted to proof that she is smart and that's whet she got.
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jul 04, 2013
nijanigga:

Martin Luther King fought and challenges men with guns not a gun. Cowards die before their dead.
A Nigerian youth will rather live with corrupt politicians wiping their nyash on top their heads than revolt. Look at the oil subsidy strike,they chicken in. I won't join any strike again.

Get your history right.

MLK never FOUGHT nor challenged anybody with or without guns.

His were peaceful demonstrations and boycotts.

But we're not going to go off topic since MLK has nothing to do with Nigeria. There are many Nigerians that we can use as examples. Fela, Okosun both who demonstrated musically.

The oil strike didnto work because you missed the most important part. Boycott.

Nigerians should simply not purchase oil products, send an economic message and get the oil moguls and governments to the bargaining table. You're not being forced to buy petrol. I am certain that there are Nigerians that are not affected by the price of petrol directly.
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by mafioso47(m): 8:01pm On Jul 04, 2013
trolling: whats the definition of NYSC again?
Now Your Suffering Continues #datsall
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by olumyde(m): 8:02pm On Jul 04, 2013
@nijanigga, stop insulting ppl on NL, go and look for the officer and fight him. Or go and assist the lady with money.
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by nijanigga: 8:07pm On Jul 04, 2013
Sequel to some of the low thinking,guys without courage's comments in this room.All I can say is that we're altogether in a different world. I have to hope in Nigeria,just like and rational person will do. Look at all the people that have died since June 12,1993 and yet Nigeria is falling into a big ditch.Men of courage are gone. Gani and co are all gone. All we have left are blackberries/Androids clutching youths.Many of them think their handsets is the best live can afford them.
Too bad, the next generation will inherit worst oppressive govt than past and current.And history will not be kind for people who kept mute in times of controversies.

1 Like

Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by nijanigga: 8:08pm On Jul 04, 2013
olumyde: @nijanigga, stop insulting ppl on NL, go and look for the officer and fight him. Or go and assist the lady with money.
stop supporting the captain as if he did the right thing. If you support him, you're all bully.
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by nijanigga: 8:09pm On Jul 04, 2013
alyarmouk: A captain of the NIGERIAN ARMY directed that all shld go inside and you were still explaining.......... he even pushed you and you had the guts to ask the captain if he cld push his sister like that walahi u get luck na only spine you damage..
shows how rude you are.
B.C.

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Martin Luther King, Jr."
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by nijanigga: 8:14pm On Jul 04, 2013
Somorin#1:

Get your history right.

MLK never FOUGHT nor challenged anybody with or without guns.

His were peaceful demonstrations and boycotts.

But we're not going to go off topic since MLK has nothing to do with Nigeria. There are many Nigerians that we can use as examples. Fela, Okosun both who demonstrated musically.

The oil strike didnto work because you missed the most important part. Boycott.

Nigerians should simply not purchase oil products, send an economic message and get the oil moguls and governments to the bargaining table. You're not being forced to buy petrol. I am certain that there are Nigerians that are not affected by the price of petrol directly.

Your brain cell is dead. How did MLK died? How about the martin luther king jr march from selma to montgomery? He wasn't confronting guns? How many civil right leaders were murdered in cold blood. Go read about history outside your corrupt enclave.Ok, you talk of Fela. He did not confront mmen with guns? You're contradicting yourself and talking bunkum.
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by andyanders: 8:17pm On Jul 04, 2013
nijanigga:

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Martin Luther King, Jr."

Stop making noise. Do you even know about Martin Luther King and what he died for? Go to down town Atlanta, Georgia and see things yourself. He never went violent.
You do not achieve your aim in life by violence. Must she confront the soldiers even when she has been warned to go inside her room?Others went in and she stood her ground and what she got is what she wanted. Is she feeling the pain with anybody? Hell No.

1 Like

Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by VolvoS60(m): 8:17pm On Jul 04, 2013
Somorin#1:

To young folks, please learn a lesson.

There's a place and time for everything.

You don't argue with a superior officer in front of his subordinates especially when the situation is already volatile.

I wished that the Commandant had just arrested her and placed her in detention for a week for insubordination instead of this act.

Fela already said that "everybody get him power everywhere". I am not standing up for the Commandant but the victim is also culpable.

Be careful out there and watch your goings and comings.

^^^^
Sir,

You have spoken well. But I beg to differ. A lot of the time, the victim is NOT culpable. Perhaps we should even ask: culpable of what exactly? I say this as someone who has observed military brutality for a long, long time. I cannot count the number of times that soldiers/naval ratings/airmen have attacked Nigerians without provocation for the most trivial kind of misunderstanding. And even if the victim was "mouthing off", should paralysis be retribution for her "crime"?

I repeat, a lot of the time, the victim is NOT "culpable" (whatever that means). Not to trivialise the issue or go off-topic but I first got a clear glimpse into the crazy mindset of nigerian soldiers in the early 1980s at a NITEL office in Ibadan. A young woman got into a heated argument with one of the armed soldiers guarding the place. Bystanders intervened when the soldier threatened to assault her. The young woman then told us all what the problem really was - apparently the soldier had seen her coming to pay NITEL bills a few times and he liked what he saw. Instead of trying to win her affection the normal way, he had started threatening her with government issued sub-machine guns if she didn't give in to his advances. angry Matters came to a head on that particular day when the young woman had had enough. If there were no witnesses what would have happened?

30 years later and that mentality of entitlement and oppression is still very much a part of how the nigerian military operates. There is only one reason these goons do what they do: it is because they can. If the consequences for misconduct were severe, all this nonsense would stop and perhaps a young woman would not be bedridden today.

1 Like

Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by sandibuzz: 8:17pm On Jul 04, 2013
if u went to Command sec sch or NMS,u'd knw too well than to challenge a Commandant...but still,its unfair what he did to her,no one wants dt for their sisters or female frnds...
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by nijanigga: 8:19pm On Jul 04, 2013
If most of the guys in this room are the Nigerian youths. The country is dead. I did my NYSC more than 18 years ago. I won't be shocked if many in this room were not born then. You can judge the quality of education now from this room. Things are really sour.

2 Likes

Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by grandstar(m): 8:19pm On Jul 04, 2013
There is no peace, my God has said "for the wicked ones"- Isaiah 57:21
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jul 04, 2013
A NATION OF SAVAGES!
Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by tete7000(m): 8:24pm On Jul 04, 2013
I expected the father of the lady to have petitioned the Chief of Army Staff by now. They should consult the human right people and see how they can bring the culprit officer to answer his offence. Nobody has a right to molest another man's child the way the officer has done and he should not go scot free. The lady has done nothing to deserve what she got.

2 Likes

Re: Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant by nijanigga: 8:26pm On Jul 04, 2013
VolvoS60:

^^^^
Sir,

You have spoken well. But I beg to differ. A lot of the time, the victim is NOT culpable. I say this as someone who has observed military brutality for a long, long time. I cannot count the number of times that soldiers/naval ratings/airmen have attacked Nigerians without provocation for the most trivial kind of misunderstanding. And even if the victim was "mouthing off", should paralysis be retribution for her "crime"?

I repeat, a lot of the time, the victim is NOT culpable. Not to trivialise the issue or go off-topic but I first got a clear glimpse into the crazy mindset of nigerian soldiers in the early 1980s at a NITEL office in Ibadan. A young woman got into a heated argument with one of the armed soldiers guarding the place. Bystanders intervened when the soldier threatened to assault her. The young woman then told us all what the problem really was - apparently the soldier had seen her coming to pay NITEL bills a few times and he liked what he saw. Instead of trying to win her affection the normal way, he had started threatening her with government issued sub-machine guns if she didn't give in to his advances. angry Matters came to a head on that particular day when the young woman had had enough. If there were no witnesses what would have happened?

30 years later and that mentality of entitlement and oppression is still very much a part of how the nigerian military operates. There is only one reason these goons do what they do: it is because they can. If the consequences for misconduct were severe, all this nonsense would stop and perhaps a young woman would not be bedridden today.
Thank you, I was traveling on rail (train) from the north to the east more than 25 years ago,When we got to Kaduna, the passenger train was so full no room to walk.All of a sudden One non-commission military guy, pulled his belt and started beating people in that coach, come and see blood.Until One Ibo guy confronted him,he then turned on the guy,when the ibo guy over powered him, he started shouting "riot riot".By brother I never consider Nigeria a country,you read some of the comments on this topic,it makes you wonder,what in the world is going on?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Anambra Corper, Jenyo Ojo, Dies A Month To Passing Out - Pictures / Female Corper Drowns In Swimming Pool In Enugu State / NYSC-UPDATE:for Those Who Miss The Nationwide Headcount(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.