Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,650 members, 7,816,665 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:45 PM

Your Sincere Opinion To A Sister Please!- Do you think I can get married again? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Your Sincere Opinion To A Sister Please!- Do you think I can get married again? (18419 Views)

My Marriage Is Crashing, I Think I Hate Him...Help / I’ve Had Two Warning Dreams About Sleeping With My Sister (please Help) / Your Sincere Opinion Is Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Sincere Opinion To A Sister Please!- Do you think I can get married again? by bukatyne(f): 12:58pm On Jul 08, 2013
Guitarlife: See the issue with OP is that the said husband disvirgined her. If we carefully read through the bible, we will realise that the disvirginning of a woman represents the actual consummation of marriage not the vows or feasting. Those are just distractions. Exodus 22:16 "If a man seduces a virgin who is not pledged to be married and sleeps with her, he must pay the bride-price, and she shall be his wife" and again Deu 22:28 "If a man finds a girl, a virgin not engaged, and lays hold on her, and lies with her, and they are found, "
Deu 22:29 "then the man who lay with her shall give to the girl's father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife. Because he has humbled her, he may not put her away all his days." I do not have the energy to type but the fact that OP was a virgin and the said man disvirgined her as changed everything.
On another note, the OPs husband is not impotent, he is only infertile like some people have already pointed out. That means he is capable and indeed carries out his conjugal duties. The issue here is Ops obssession with children which is probably influenced by her strong African upbringing. To be fair, many Europeans and Americans will not find her husbands case am anomally why ?? Because the dude can perform in bed and THEY LOVE HIM GENUINELY. OP is only practicing the african version of marriage I am truely concerned that most people commenting are missing this fact.

If you are going the virginity route then what happens to those who were raped? so because the hubby disflowered her, he has the license to commit murder?

As for the African version of marriage, can you remember this quote?

Guitarlife: she packed out of her matrimonial home to her parents without a divorce. She is still legally married to the man therefore she has absolutely no right to put the man in between the devil and a tight place and then turn back to rebuke him for choosing the devil. Be objective for once will you ?

So African marriage can work for the hubby but not wifey? If it was the wifey who lied, I am sure you will be singing a different tune.

The issue here is that the husband deceived her into marriage and he has no moral, cultural or spiritual ground to stand on. If the OP decides to continue with their marriage, it is a gift to him and not his right irrespective of if he disflowered her or he's a Christian or whatever.

Let us stop pulling this 'religious' card when it suits us. If the hubby was thinking about Christianity, he would never have lied/deceived the OP into marriage. Let us stop biting our neighbor and accuse him of being a sinner when he decides to pinch us too.

1 Like

Re: Your Sincere Opinion To A Sister Please!- Do you think I can get married again? by EfemenaXY: 12:58pm On Jul 08, 2013
ayans4u: Thanks Efe....though my decision may be "inconsiderate" in your opinion, but you would agree with me that I need a "working mind" now than ever...so, another reason the issue of se.x is a no no...is to make me as objective as possible in making any decision rather than rely on sentiments....apart from the fact that....consent to my body was "deceitfully" gotten....so considering his "need" at this time could also mean I would have done same if informed earlier...or could in another sense connote forgiveness and agreement to move on and continue the "family".
...as per from now till Dec.....they have to lay the cards on the table for me.......then I would decide......if the "solutions" are not "repugnant" to good conscience....then we may have to take it from there. moreover, I did not fail to remind them that I am a woman, and have to take into cognizance the fact that the biological clock ticks.....

Okay, I get where you're coming from and your reasons. So basically, the answer is a 'NO' from your end.

Now this brings me to the second question I asked you regarding your husband. Seeing as it's a no sex from you, what are your expectations of him? Do you expect him to be celibate till December? Or is he allowed to date others / have sex on the outside?
Re: Your Sincere Opinion To A Sister Please!- Do you think I can get married again? by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jul 08, 2013
If we're talking according to Christianity here at all, the op has no grounds for a divorce. The fact that she was deceived into this covenant is not sufficient for a divorce. If she chooses to get one, it is contrary to the Faith she professes. So, you can only proceed with a divorce by excluding your faith, ma'am.

I am not unsympathetic however. I know that God rewards faithful endurance and He will in this case. If you stay true, you will be rewarded for your steadfastness. There are those in the Scriptures who married not knowing that their spouses were unfruitful but upon finding out they travailed in prayer for them until God heard and granted their plea.

But if you would prefer to indulge in today's "rationalism" and act as though God has gone silent and is no longer capable of overruling natural laws then go ahead and disobey the Lord. I assure you that He's still the same God that gave Isaac twins when he cried to Him for his barren wife.

As for the wicked deceit that you suffered from your husband, the command to forgive has not been repealed. He did you a terrible wrong but you have got more reason now to forgive him than to hurt him. Who knows? It may be by this that you will win a soul to your Lord, perhaps more than one soul.

Finally, your marriage and its troubles are more God's problem than they could ever be yours. If you appreciate that then you'lk know that He's invested in your tears and is not at all tardy about wiping them away. Trust your God and let Him come through for you and give you a testimony that will turn the hearts of many to Him.

God bless you, sis.

2 Likes

Re: Your Sincere Opinion To A Sister Please!- Do you think I can get married again? by EfemenaXY: 1:05pm On Jul 08, 2013
bukatyne:

Let us stop pulling this 'religious' card when it suits us. If the hubby was thinking about Christianity, he would never have lied/deceived the OP into marriage. Let us stop biting our neighbor and accuse him of being a sinner when he decides to pinch us too.

This alone, says it all.

I really do hate it when faced with a real-life problem that requires a real-life solution, people rather than focus on that, turn to religious books to quote excerpts. The bible as we know it, is contradictory in itself of which numerous examples exist.

A good example is this: The ten commandments state, thou shall not kill...thou shall not commit adultery / covet your neighbour's property. Yet king David killed Uriah and slept with his wife. The product of that union, Solomon, as we all know, went on to form the lineage from which Christ was born!

So let's give it a rest, shall we??
Re: Your Sincere Opinion To A Sister Please!- Do you think I can get married again? by Tgirl4real(f): 1:07pm On Jul 08, 2013
Tgirl4real: If we're talking according to Christianity here at all, the op has no grounds for a divorce. The fact that she was deceived into this covenant is not sufficient for a divorce. If she chooses to get one, it is contrary to the Faith she professes. So, you can only proceed with a divorce by excluding your faith, ma'am.

I am not unsympathetic however. I know that God rewards faithful endurance and He will in this case. If you stay true, you will be rewarded for your steadfastness. There are those in the Scriptures who married not knowing that their spouses were unfruitful but upon finding out they travailed in prayer for them until God heard and granted their plea.

But if you would prefer to indulge in today's "rationalism" and act as though God has gone silent and is no longer capable of overruling natural laws then go ahead and disobey the Lord. I assure you that He's still the same God that gave Isaac twins when he cried to Him for his barren wife.

As for the wicked deceit that you suffered from your husband, the command to forgive has not been repealed. He did you a terrible wrong but you have got more reason now to forgive him than to hurt him. Who knows? It may be by this that you will win a soul to your Lord, perhaps more than one soul.

Finally, your marriage and its troubles are more God's problem than they could ever be yours. If you appreciate that then you'lk know that He's invested in your tears and is not at all tardy about wiping them away. Trust your God and let Him come through for you and give you a testimony that will turn the hearts of many to Him.

God bless you, sis.

I am posting this as my advice over this issue. Although, I would have been more emotional. lol wink

Emphasis:

God bless you, sis.

It is not easy though. Believe me, I understand. But having a permanent peace in Christ is better than the temporary relief you will get from going through with a decision that doesn't sit well with your conscience as a believer.

It is well!
Re: Your Sincere Opinion To A Sister Please!- Do you think I can get married again? by bellong: 1:10pm On Jul 08, 2013
Guitarlife:
On another note, the OPs husband is not impotent, he is only infertile like some people have already pointed out. That means he is capable and indeed carries out his conjugal duties. [s]The issue here is Ops obssession with children which is probably influenced by her strong African upbringing[/s]. To be fair, many Europeans and Americans will not find her husbands case am anomally why ?? Because the dude can perform in bed and THEY LOVE HIM GENUINELY.[s] OP is only practicing the african version of marriage I am truely concerned that most people commenting are missing this fact. [/s]

You quoted bible to support a claim but in the second paragraph you couldn't lay claim to the same bible to see where deep rooted belief of Africa about children came from. The last I remember, for procreation includes one of the reasons of marriage.
I do not like it when people bring comparison with Europeans and Americans in every issue, that is a sign of inferiority complex. The poster is none of the races you mentioned and entitled to her belief or right of having a child of her own.

You wrote as if it is a conventional practice in Europe and USA for couples to plan not to have children in marriage. Get a better analogy bro, that European/American one sucks

2 Likes

Re: Your Sincere Opinion To A Sister Please!- Do you think I can get married again? by bukatyne(f): 1:11pm On Jul 08, 2013
Efemena_xy:

This alone, says it all.

I really do hate it when faced with a real-life problem that requires a real-life solution, people rather than focus on that, turn to religious books to quote excerpts. The bible as we know it, is contradictory in itself of which numerous examples exist.

A good example is this: The ten commandments state, thou shall not kill...thou shall not commit adultery / covet your neighbour's property. Yet king David killed Uriah and slept with his wife. The product of that union, Solomon, as we all know, went on to form the lineage from which Christ was born!

So let's give it a rest, shall we??

Trust me, it's not but that's for another day
Re: Your Sincere Opinion To A Sister Please!- Do you think I can get married again? by bukatyne(f): 1:13pm On Jul 08, 2013
Ihedinobi: If we're talking according to Christianity here at all, the op has no grounds for a divorce. The fact that she was deceived into this covenant is not sufficient for a divorce. If she chooses to get one, it is contrary to the Faith she professes. So, you can only proceed with a divorce by excluding your faith, ma'am.

God bless you, sis.

What of the question the pastor asks the couple 'does anyone of you know of any impediment...'?

1 Like

Re: Your Sincere Opinion To A Sister Please!- Do you think I can get married again? by EfemenaXY: 1:13pm On Jul 08, 2013
bukatyne:

Trust me, it's not but that's for another day

No??

So what do you say about the example I gave about David breaking the commandments and yet his lineage is blessed?
Re: Your Sincere Opinion To A Sister Please!- Do you think I can get married again? by Tgirl4real(f): 1:14pm On Jul 08, 2013
bukatyne:

What of the question the pastor asks the couple 'does anyone of you know of any impediment...'?

That is before the solemnization. It is asked in other to avoid awkward moments as this.

I am still moved to tears over this issue.

I am still praying for you sister.

1 Like

Re: Your Sincere Opinion To A Sister Please!- Do you think I can get married again? by Tgirl4real(f): 1:15pm On Jul 08, 2013
Efemena_xy:

No??

So what do you say about the example I gave about David breaking the commandments and yet his lineage is blessed?

He was punished adequately for his sins.
Re: Your Sincere Opinion To A Sister Please!- Do you think I can get married again? by EfemenaXY: 1:17pm On Jul 08, 2013
Tgirl4real:

He was punished adequately for his sins.

But was blessed through those same sins, yes?

So which was bigger? The sins he committed? Or the blessings derived from those sins?

And does the fact not still stand that he broke the commandments and yet was blessed? Is that not contradictory?
Re: Your Sincere Opinion To A Sister Please!- Do you think I can get married again? by bukatyne(f): 1:19pm On Jul 08, 2013
Tgirl4real:

That is before the solemnization. It is asked in other to avoid awkward moments as this.

I am still moved to tears over this issue.

I am still praying for you sister.

If either party lied to this question, does it not stand to reason that the marriage was solemnized on falsehood and lies?

I am not against the OP going back to her hubby or not. In an earlier post, I actually said she should pray so that she doesn't make a mistake.

I dislike the fact that some posters are now pulling the religious card like she is the worst sinner if she leaves him.

If she does stay, it's an enormous gift/ sacrifice and not his right or because he deserves it.

1 Like

Re: Your Sincere Opinion To A Sister Please!- Do you think I can get married again? by bellong: 1:20pm On Jul 08, 2013
Efemena_xy:
No??

The punishment he served for what he did, I know that no sane person will want to go through that route. Solomon was not the first product of that unholy union, the first product died.

Solomon came after David was forgiven yet the punishment remained. No contradiction, for every break of the law, there is always a punishment.

1 Like

Re: Your Sincere Opinion To A Sister Please!- Do you think I can get married again? by Tgirl4real(f): 1:21pm On Jul 08, 2013
Efemena_xy:

But was blessed through those same sins, yes?

So which was bigger? The sins he committed? Or the blessings derived from those sins?

And does the fact not still stand that he broke the commandments and yet was blessed? Is that not contradictory?

Naa... you don't take scriptures or stories in isolation. His blessings does not start nor ends with him. It is a promise God made with His fore fathers. He was adequately punished for his own sins.
Re: Your Sincere Opinion To A Sister Please!- Do you think I can get married again? by Tgirl4real(f): 1:23pm On Jul 08, 2013
bukatyne:

If either party lied to this question, does it not stand to reason that the marriage was solemnized on falsehood and lies?

I am not against the OP going back to her hubby or not. In an earlier post, I actually said she should pray so that she doesn't make a mistake.

I dislike the fact that some posters are now pulling the religious card like she is the worst sinner if she leaves him.

If she does stay, it's an enormous gift/ sacrifice and not his right or because he deserves it.

Sincerely, I agree with u. Unfortunately, it is not a biblical grounds for divorce. If OP doesn't wanna live or address this issue on biblical grounds, I will be the first to tell her to take a walk cos it is only God that can sustain someone in such a situation.
Re: Your Sincere Opinion To A Sister Please!- Do you think I can get married again? by Tgirl4real(f): 1:26pm On Jul 08, 2013
bukatyne:

I guess u modified after I had quoted u.

I agree with u dear. And it is actually callous of anyone to blame this woman. She is going through a lot. All we can do is to sympathize with her. We can't take the pain away. ONLY God can.

She is a godly woman. I pray God gives her strength to pull through.

1 Like

Re: Your Sincere Opinion To A Sister Please!- Do you think I can get married again? by bellong: 1:29pm On Jul 08, 2013
Tgirl4real:
Sincerely, I agree with u. Unfortunately, it is not a biblical grounds for divorce. If OP doesn't wanna live or address this issue on biblical grounds, I will be the first to tell her to take a walk cos it is only God that can sustain someone in such a situation.

We need to understand the context and cultural practice of Isreal about union before we can categorically talk about a divorce not being biblical or not.

For all the godly unions I have read in the scripture, there was none associated with deceit. Sincerity and truthfulness are the first step to a godly union. Whatever is laid on the foundation of lies and deceit is not laid on the foundation of God. The fact that somebody got married inside a church building does not make it a godly union unless God's standard about the process are fulfilled.

I believe that deceit is enough to annul the union without attraction of God's wrath. If the husband is godly in himself, he would have opened up during the courtship knowing that there is nothing God cannot do. He would have proved himself overtime and earned the undying love of his wife to stand by him during this trying times.

2 Likes

Re: Your Sincere Opinion To A Sister Please!- Do you think I can get married again? by greatgod2012(f): 1:31pm On Jul 08, 2013
@op, may God guide you through this difficult/trying period.
I can really feel for you, and even reading some of your posts brought out tears from my eyes, by God's grace, you will still be happy, your needs shall be met accordingly IJN.
How i wish im in position to help out, but, mehn, i cant, but, God can, i believe in Him and He will, in whatever form He want.

And as for the "holier than thou" folks here, it would be advisable to be in this position before casting the first stone, because we all read it here that the foundation of the marriage was based on DECEIT, so, its clearly obvious what the op is undergoing.
It is well with all of us.

1 Like

Re: Your Sincere Opinion To A Sister Please!- Do you think I can get married again? by bukatyne(f): 1:33pm On Jul 08, 2013
Efemena_xy:

No??

Bellong has replied but some of the stuffs he suffered included:

His son raped his step sister and the step brother killed him

He did not get to build the temple

His son Absalom planned a coup, dethroned him and slept with his concubines

His son Solomon eventually lost the throne
Re: Your Sincere Opinion To A Sister Please!- Do you think I can get married again? by Tgirl4real(f): 1:35pm On Jul 08, 2013
bukatyne:

Bellong has replied but some of the stuffs he suffered included:

His son raped his step sister and the step brother killed him

He did not get to build the temple

His son Absalom planned a coup, dethroned him and slept with his concubines

His son Solomon eventually lost the throne

Don't turn this to a religious thread na. sad

lol
Re: Your Sincere Opinion To A Sister Please!- Do you think I can get married again? by Tgirl4real(f): 1:39pm On Jul 08, 2013
bellong:

We need to understand the context and cultural practice of Isreal about union before we can categorically talk about a divorce not being biblical or not.

For all the godly unions I have read in the scripture, there was none associated with deceit. Sincerity and truthfulness are the first step to a godly union. Whatever is laid on the foundation of lies and deceit is not laid on the foundation of God. The fact that somebody got married inside a church building does not make it a godly union unless God's standard about the process are fulfilled.

I believe that deceit is enough to annul the union without attraction of God's wrath. If the husband is godly in himself, he would have opened up during the courtship knowing that there is nothing God cannot do. He would have proved himself overtime and earned the undying love of his wife to stand by him during this trying times.

U said that right...it is not the unpardonable sin, but there is a more excellent way.

The reason why this is becoming a very big issue is the fact that OP really wanna have kids. If not, she may have just forgiven him for lying to her and moved on with the union.
Re: Your Sincere Opinion To A Sister Please!- Do you think I can get married again? by bukatyne(f): 1:40pm On Jul 08, 2013
Tgirl4real:

Don't turn this to a religious thread na. sad

lol

I yam sorwi grin
Re: Your Sincere Opinion To A Sister Please!- Do you think I can get married again? by bellong: 1:45pm On Jul 08, 2013
Tgirl4real:
U said that right...it is not the unpardonable sin, but there is a more excellent way.

The reason why this is becoming a very big issue is the fact that OP really wanna have kids. If not, she may have just forgiven him for lying to her and moved on with the union.

That is the reason why she came to this forum to unload her heart before some pharisees are making it difficult. I sincerely feel the pain of the husband in question that his medical condition is none of his fault. It became his fault when he refused to talk to the lady about it.
Had it been he told her, I will not support the divorce because she knew before making the choice. If I were in his shoes, I would have told her everything, Loving someone also involve letting go if it will be beneficial to the person.

1 Like

Re: Your Sincere Opinion To A Sister Please!- Do you think I can get married again? by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jul 08, 2013
bukatyne:

"...let him or her say it now or forever afterwards hold his or her peace."

The marriage covenant is unbreakable by its nature. Once the bond has been forged, in God's eyes it is unbreakable. The only situation in which the bond is considered breakable is where a Christian finds themselves married to an unbeliever. Even in the case of adultery, divorce does not allow remarriage.

If the bond is formed deceitfully, it is no less formed. Deceit is a terrible sin but one of the nature that the op speaks of does not invalidate the bond of marriage. The option open to our sister as a believer is forgiveness.

1 Like

Re: Your Sincere Opinion To A Sister Please!- Do you think I can get married again? by Tgirl4real(f): 1:51pm On Jul 08, 2013
bellong:

That is the reason why she came to this forum to unload her heart before some pharisees are making it difficult. I sincerely feel the pain of the husband in question that his medical condition is none of his fault. It became his fault when he refused to talk to the lady about it.
Had it been he told her, I will not support the divorce because she knew before making the choice. If I were in his shoes, I would have told her everything, Loving someone also involve letting go if it will be beneficial to the person.

This forum will not provide the answer she needs. We can only guide her. Let her search scriptures and follow her conscience.

We need to know that being a Christian is a tough call living in this crazy world. God doesn't expect us to bail out when we face challenges. There is a reason why we go through it. And remember that He will never tempt us beyond what we can bear. He knows what she is going through and I believe He will sort her out in due season.

All I can say is it is well cos me sef get my own for bodi.
Re: Your Sincere Opinion To A Sister Please!- Do you think I can get married again? by Tgirl4real(f): 1:52pm On Jul 08, 2013
Ihedinobi:

The marriage covenant is unbreakable by its nature. Once the bond has been forged, in God's eyes it is unbreakable. The only situation in which the bond is considered breakable is where a Christian finds themselves married to an unbeliever. Even in the case of adultery, divorce does not allow remarriage.

If the bond is formed deceitfully, it is no less formed. Deceit is a terrible sin but one of the nature that the op speaks of does not invalidate the bond of marriage. The option open to our sister as a believer is forgiveness.

+1
Re: Your Sincere Opinion To A Sister Please!- Do you think I can get married again? by debosky(m): 2:00pm On Jul 08, 2013
Ihedinobi:

I respectfully disagree - a bond formed deceitfully doesn't exist in my view and is a lie, even in God's eyes. God who sees everything will not endorse a lie.

She should seek a dissolution of the marriage on the basis that it was only entered into due to the deception of her husband and his family. She is free to re-marry.

5 Likes

Re: Your Sincere Opinion To A Sister Please!- Do you think I can get married again? by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jul 08, 2013
debosky:

I respectfully disagree - a bond formed deceitfully doesn't exist in my view and is a lie, even in God's eyes. God who sees everything will not endorse a lie.

She should seek a dissolution of the marriage on the basis that it was only entered into due to the deception of her husband and his family. She is free to re-marry.

A 1000,000 likes.

1 Like

Re: Your Sincere Opinion To A Sister Please!- Do you think I can get married again? by Tgirl4real(f): 2:07pm On Jul 08, 2013
debosky:

Gospel according to... Debosky grin
Re: Your Sincere Opinion To A Sister Please!- Do you think I can get married again? by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jul 08, 2013
debosky:

Would you say that Rebecca deceived Isaac into marrying her? It's an argument I was refraining from using because I do not want to hurt the op anymore than she has been but I can't continue to avoid it because this is a public forum.
Re: Your Sincere Opinion To A Sister Please!- Do you think I can get married again? by Tgirl4real(f): 2:07pm On Jul 08, 2013
Siena:

A 1000,000 likes.

hehehehhehe

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Benefits And Side Effects Of Using Delay Products To Beat Premature Ejaculati*n / There Is No Need For DNA Test, There Is Love In My Family - Woman Says (Video) / From 2k Buy Original Men Clothing And Accessories At Low Price POD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.