Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,832 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:13 PM

Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law (24236 Views)

Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity / Ex-militants Urge Uduaghan To Sign Anti-terrorism Bill / Jonathan Sign Anti Terrorism/money Laundering Bill!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by mgbeketoto: 2:12am On Jul 09, 2013
I CAN'T WAIT!
Anything to deal with CHRISTIAN HOMOPHOBIA. . . COUNT ME IN! cool
Time to shut these NYANSH-PIECES of 'GOD' UP! grin

This promises to be fun 'WEH-LA-HI TEH-LA-HI'!

Mu he he he he he he

2 Likes

Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by mensdept: 2:13am On Jul 09, 2013
What happened to the debate on state police, updating our primary schools, and more important things?

3 Likes

Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by Lenny5000(m): 2:34am On Jul 09, 2013
First of all there is nothing like "SAME SEXX MARRIAGE" as far as am concerned. To me Marriage is a union between male and female.. Having said that, when ever I see people get too worried about gay and their business, i begin to suspect them. Time and time again, we have seen so many people that are against gays finally turn out to be gay themselves... Now please tell me What is my business about how two grown ups decide to live their lives? How does that translates to food on the table? Jobs? Good Roads Electricity and Health care! The lazy and clueless government finally got it right this time! Give Nigerians a Bait they are sure they would bite (Condemn and Persecute Gay people) And get them knocking their heads all over the place, while they the government return back to their looting, stealing and sleeping without nothing to show for their years in government! The sad part of this madness is the same people making these laws are engaged in gay relationships, Orgies with young Teenage girls and they come out to yarn Rubbish instead of fulfilling their campaign promises. Anyway a people gets the type of leaders they deserve, so I can see y'all enjoying Naija to the Max.. Shey be una say OGA AT THE TOP na "God sent"? Ehen! make una dey enjoy dey go jare! Meself go dey my conner for hia dey enjoy ma own... Bless

2 Likes

Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by toluernanes: 2:38am On Jul 09, 2013
mens dept: What happened to the debate on state police, updating our primary schools, and more important things?

well, to be factual, i don't remember any time it was reported that gay people went to Abuja to protest for any rights....if anything, it's our national assembly that have gone out of their way (and the way of all the pertinent issues bothering the Nigerian people that they have to actually deal with) to go after gay people. When have you ever heard that two gay people in Nigeria want to get married? Or that they are demanding for rights to get married? Or even demanding for anything at all?

This is how it all starts....straight people go pursuing after closet gay people....gay people start demanding for rights....gay people start getting popular support from powerful people....gay rights are established....if you look carefully, this is how nearly all rights campaigns in history have gone down. If our people know the best thing to do, it is to leave gay people well alone.

1 Like

Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by Nobody: 2:41am On Jul 09, 2013
God hlp us
Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by Preceedo(m): 2:44am On Jul 09, 2013
[/font]
Mr knowitall.:
Nigeria still has a long way to go before it truly becomes a civilized nation....What these pastors or religious leaders

and politicians don't understand is that Homosexuals and homosexual activist are not asking for equal rights in churches

and mosques..they are asking for equal rights under the law as a citizen of a country which is their right. It is their

right as a citizen of Nigeria to be protected under the law..regardless of who they like to have sex with.
Nigeria is not

govern by the bible or Quran its govern by a constitution which guarantees all citizens equal rights. Politics and

religion have nothing in common....with laws like this and if politicians continue to allow religious leaders to influence

the laws...Nigeria will forever remain an irrelevant third world country lead by caveman..
b religious apart is it not ignominous dat a man goes out with anoda man.........feel lyk crying.......dis people hav lost dia brains....what has done dis to you? cool[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]
Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by toluernanes: 2:50am On Jul 09, 2013
Preceedo: [font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]b religious apart is it not ignominous dat a man goes out with anoda man.........feel lyk crying.......dis people hav lost dia brains....what has done dis to you?

apparently, you either did not read his post or you did not understand it it.

for one, I really don't think sexuality should be an issue of legality. it should be an issue of morality and should be left to the churches, mosques etc to preach against and handle. gay or straight, as far as you are a citizen of this country, the government has a responsibilty to protect you and your interests. shikena. our society is secular, not governed by any specific religion (or aany religion at all) so such matters were better left out of our constitution.

5 Likes

Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by Nobody: 3:00am On Jul 09, 2013
speedyboi: Has it not been signed already? undecided
I wonder ooh. Maybe GEJ is waiting for gay people to start kissing in public. I stay in California and my eyes have seen my ear by what I see everyday. Just yesterday, I saw a man kissing another man in a car and I nearly asked God to destroy this world. Guess what, they were blacks
Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by mensdept: 3:05am On Jul 09, 2013
tolu_ernanes:

well, to be factual, i don't remember any time it was reported that gay people went to Abuja to protest for any rights....if anything, it's our national assembly that have gone out of their way (and the way of all the pertinent issues bothering the Nigerian people that they have to actually deal with) to go after gay people. When have you ever heard that two gay people in Nigeria want to get married? Or that they are demanding for rights to get married? Or even demanding for anything at all?

This is how it all starts....straight people go pursuing after closet gay people....gay people start demanding for rights....gay people start getting popular support from powerful people....gay rights are established....if you look carefully, this is how nearly all rights campaigns in history have gone down. If our people know the best thing to do, it is to leave gay people well alone.

You are correct in everything above. However, look at the situation that occurred recently in Anambra state. When people were selling dodo on head bridge Onitsha, and Peter Obi was giving away cars to the police, Gays "stormed" Awka to demand for gay rights, out the blue.

These folks have not stormed to end kidnapping or rituals, nor to demand roads are built or things that matter. In Nigeria, Gay rights are not relevant until we are no longer Oning and Offing that Gen.
Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by Ifetex(m): 3:11am On Jul 09, 2013
I can't blive that we also have gay even in NL
this world is on extral time abaut 2 End oh!
I can feel God's pain now, as he is regreating creating Adam
Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by betrani(m): 3:15am On Jul 09, 2013
funshybam: ....and how is it your problem if a man marries a man? i find it difficult to believe we trample on some peoples right.....or will the gay force you to be his/ her partners ?

rubbish
Right my foot! any evil thing should be condemned by society! don't u knw it is demonic to allow this kind of acts? there are certain human acts that are way beyond "rights" anyone cought going contrary to sanity and secrecy of human "ideals" should be punished and thoroughly!

1 Like

Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by Nobody: 3:17am On Jul 09, 2013
mgbeketoto:

Your LAZY GOD was supposed to have 'destroyed' SODOM AND GOMORRAH in that your USELESS BIBLE OF A SILLY BOOK ABI?
Why the existence of the 'GAYS' all over the world then? tongue
MOO-MOO!

What is your problem. . . .? undecided
Even YOUR FAGHOT JESUS will not express such ANGST. . . LIKE YOU 'CREEPY' SHARIA BIGOT!
TYPICAL SHARIA CHRISTIAN.
Freedom of expression please.
Thank you!
I wonder why God wasted HIS precious time in creating people like this. Anyway, hell fire needs to be filled at the last day so they are useful afterall undecided

1 Like

Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by betrani(m): 3:22am On Jul 09, 2013
tolu_ernanes:

apparently, you either did not read his post or you did not understand it it.

for one, I really don't think sexuality should be an issue of legality. it should be an issue of morality and should be left to the churches, mosques etc to preach against and handle. gay or straight, as far as you are a citizen of this country, the government has a responsibilty to protect you and your interests. shikena. our society is secular, not governed by any specific religion (or aany religion at all) so such matters were better left out of our constitution.
So ur foolish enough not to recognize that "one apple actually spoils the rest" if society permits this kind of thing; morality will only be a word cos u will want to experiment since everyone tries it! this thing is a "virus" no cure as soon as it gets hold of you! evil should be condemned!
Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by mensdept: 3:24am On Jul 09, 2013
Idi Amin: I wonder why God wasted HIS precious time in creating people like this. Anyway, hell fire needs to be filled at the last day so they are useful afterall undecided

LOL!!!!! Dont mind them. Angry because Nigeria says HELL No to Gay Rights.

My friend go and on your Gen JOOOOR!

2 Likes

Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by toluernanes: 3:27am On Jul 09, 2013
betrani: So ur foolish enough not to recognize that "one apple actually spoils the rest" if society permits this kind of thing; morality will only be a word cos u will want to experiment since everyone tries it! this thing is a "virus" no cure as soon as it gets hold of you! evil should be condemned!

one apple spoils the rest ehn? so your neighbour lying makes you a liar? or your cheating relation makes you a cheat, no? funny thing, there is probably a closet gay person you like or is a relation of yours....and you don't know. how gay does that make you?

2 Likes

Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by CALLMESTAR(f): 3:31am On Jul 09, 2013
tolu_ernanes:

one apple spoils the rest ehn? so your neighbour lying makes you a liar? or your cheating relation makes you a cheat, no? funny thing, there is probably a closet gay person you like or is a relation of yours....and you don't know. how gay does that make you?
logical.
Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by Nobody: 3:36am On Jul 09, 2013
Good.

@gay apologists are u going to protect them when people lynch them?
the majority is against that devilish act, no need to shove it down our throats we, said NO.period I will accept faggotry in Africa when i'm able to have my 5 wives in America and Europe.

AT gays, keep your gayness @home , we knew you existed, but don't try to claim sh1t .we won't let that happen

At

5 Likes

Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by MacOscar(m): 3:39am On Jul 09, 2013
I beckon on all of you who are casting aspersions to God to desist from such henceforth. Jesus Christ is the True Son of a Living God, God of Ages. Pls, no man and I repeat no Man can share his Glory. At the mention of his name every knee shall bow. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth may you all agents of darkness be delivered of your sins or be permanently rebuked. Never you take the name of God for granted.
Lord Jesus, I am deeply sorry for you to have yet received these insults from your creatures. Have Mercy on us all and forgive us our numerous sins, Amen! May your loving kindness and blessings continue to shine upon me, my family and all mankind, cos you are indeed an ever merciful n faithful God. Keep protecting n providing for me and my household. Blessed Mother Mary, Ever Virgin, pray for Us!
I Love You, Blessed Mother Ever Virgin!
I Love You, Jesus!!
I Love the Trinity in One God!!!

Pls, LIKE this n key into this prayer.

12 Likes

Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by Nobody: 4:00am On Jul 09, 2013
Ngwakwe: Don't you think it's foolish of the West to outlaw polygamy and while at it, are trying hard for us Africans to adopt Gay marriage?

If I decide to marry my mother or sister, don't you think I should be left alone since they both agree to marry me and have s3x with me?

Are we their slaves that must follow their uncultured ways?

couple of points...there is not a 14 year prison sentence for polygamy...they just force you to divorce one wife...If

you really want to marry your mother and sister thats good for you...but this is not what the debate about....you can go to

Abuja and fight for that right...but this is about homosexuals....so dont bring in hypothetical debates...

3 Likes

Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by Nobody: 4:01am On Jul 09, 2013
Preceedo: [/font]b religious apart is it not ignominous dat a man goes out with anoda man.........feel lyk crying.......dis people hav lost dia brains....what has done dis to you? cool[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]

I have no idea what you just wrote...

1 Like

Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by Nobody: 4:03am On Jul 09, 2013
mens dept:

[b]Before a baby can drive a car, normally they would have to crawl and then walk and then by 12 months or so be able to hold a bottle to feed themselves and build 2 blocks on a mat.

Gay rights should be the LAST thing Nigerians should be concerned with at this point in their rather pathetic history. All of those men abi men/women that are going to ABuja to ask for this "right" cannot ask for free and fair election, better schools for the youth, constant power, an effective national airline carrier that will not charge us x3 to fly less than what they are charging to fly from Toronto to London, or that roads be maintained, or criminals that are stealing public funds (aka Ibori) be persecuted in NIGERIA, that government deal with and put to an end the madness with Boko Haram, or that you have to go abroad for medical checkup or even to give birth because being a citizen here is worthless.

Instead, like typical Africans, they want to copy the West without doing the hard and tough dirty work the West had to do with many casualties in order to be on top today.

Nonsense[/b]

I understand...but there is room to fight for all rights..

1 Like

Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by theozobby(m): 4:13am On Jul 09, 2013
I weep for all of you, God is indeed merciful.

God cannot be mocked

The church of God must live.

3 Likes

Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by Nobody: 4:15am On Jul 09, 2013
theozobby: I weep for all of you, God is indeed merciful.

God cannot be mocked

The church of God must live.

there are many Gods...so which God are you referring too?

2 Likes

Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by Nobody: 4:23am On Jul 09, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: Good.

@gay apologists are u going to protect them when people lynch them?
the majority is against that devilish act, no need to shove it down our throats we, said NO.period I will accept faggotry in Africa when i'm able to have my 5 wives in America and Europe.

AT gays, keep your gayness @home , we knew you existed, but don't try to claim sh1t .we won't let that happen

At

actually you can have five wives in the U.S..just go to Utah they will allow you to do it...each state has it's own

marriage laws....so are you happy now? can gay rights be shoved down your throat now?

2 Likes

Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by Olutola88(m): 4:26am On Jul 09, 2013
Mr knowitall.:
Nigeria still has a long way to go before it truly becomes a civilized nation....What these pastors or religious leaders

and politicians don't understand is that Homosexuals and homosexual activist are not asking for equal rights in churches

and mosques..they are asking for equal rights under the law as a citizen of a country which is their right. It is their

right as a citizen of Nigeria to be protected under the law..regardless of who they like to have sex with.
Nigeria is not

govern by the bible or Quran its govern by a constitution which guarantees all citizens equal rights. Politics and

religion have nothing in common....with laws like this and if politicians continue to allow religious leaders to influence

the laws...Nigeria will forever remain an irrelevant third world country lead by caveman..
. Nigeria will remain a 3rd-world country ryt? Why are Nigerians always battling with this inferiority complex syndrome? Have you forgotten that our tradition and culture should at every point in time reflect in our constitution. Av u 4gotten that we have our own customs and they ought 2 be preserved? No one is saying we shouldn't embrace innovation, but whenever we want to adopt anytn we have 2 adopt with sense. We need to learn 4rm them those things that will positively benefit our growth and development and not tose things that will make us face the wrath of the Almighty. There is little or no conservation of cuture in Nigeria anymore, we've lost our values, our norms. Premarital virginity is no longer dignity, one has to be a dog b4 she is a big girl or he is a big boy. You'll marry ur wife only 4 u 2 later meet 2 or 3 old friends that av slept with her while in secondary school.Teenagers ar increasingly becoming drug addicts. My brother, it is saddening. Some pple ar already advocating that prostitution is legalized, I'm sure that very sson some will start advocating that the legalize raping, armed robbery, cultism, kidnapping among others. Let's call a spade a spade and not an instrument 4 digging, we cannot be so foolish all in the name of fitting in. Anyway, as for me it's not fitting in, I call it “copy copy” “feeling among” abi shud we say Nigeria has turned 2 a teenager that is having peer pressure?.

1 Like

Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by Truckpusher(m): 4:27am On Jul 09, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

Nigeria is not

Why don't you take this your opinion to wherever you are and shove it down your butt,numbnut. undecided
Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by Nobody: 4:30am On Jul 09, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

I think it's hightime I deleted my profile from NL. I never knew it's full of idolators. I weep for you, mr knowitall. You seem to be ignorant of the difference between a joke and a blasphemy. If I were you, I would be on my knees by now asking for HIS forgiveness. cry

1 Like

Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by iceberry1759: 4:42am On Jul 09, 2013
funshybam: ....and how is it your problem if a man marries a man? i find it difficult to believe we trample on some peoples right.....or will the gay force you to be his/ her partners ?

rubbish
HOMO
Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by theozobby(m): 4:45am On Jul 09, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

There is only one God
He is king of kings and the Lord of Lords!!!
He is Alpha and the Omega!!!!!
Every other god na so so yeye

1 Like

Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by Nobody: 4:50am On Jul 09, 2013
Truckpusher: Why don't you take this your opinion to wherever you are and shove it down your butt,numbnut. undecided

My God..what has the world turned too?...how can a common truck pusher come here and insult me like this? if you have you

own opinions state it....why insults? ordinary truck pushing Talikania thats not even good enough to push my truck....but

i forgive you though...

2 Likes

Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by theozobby(m): 4:50am On Jul 09, 2013
Idi Amin: I think it's hightime I deleted my profile from NL. I never knew it's full of idolators. I weep for you, mr knowitall. You seem to be ignorant of the difference between a joke and a blasphemy. If I were you, I would be on my knees by now asking for HIS forgiveness. cry
I was shocked to the bone when I was going thru some of there horrible and devilish comments
May God have Mercy on all.

1 Like

Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by Nobody: 4:55am On Jul 09, 2013
theozobby:
I was shocked to the bone when I was going thru some of there horrible and devilish comments
May God have Mercy on all.

If you are living in Nigeria obviously God has been pissing on you!!!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

One Year On, Weekly Sit-At-Home Brings South-East Economy To Its Knees / How Yahaya Bello Allegedly Paid His Children's School Fees Of $845,000 / VP Osinbajo Leads Nigerian Delegation To World Economic Forum In South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.