Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,676 members, 7,816,777 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:54 PM

Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law (24235 Views)

Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity / Ex-militants Urge Uduaghan To Sign Anti-terrorism Bill / Jonathan Sign Anti Terrorism/money Laundering Bill!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by Nobody: 8:47am On Jul 09, 2013
victorD3: Na wa oo!

Logging off Nairaland to suck my girl friend's breat before heading to the office.
good, as long as it's not a man's bre@st lipsrsealed
Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by Nobody: 8:47am On Jul 09, 2013
CALLMESTAR:
@bolded
are you sure?? I don't think so because since I left Nigeria and moved to Canada my light has not gone off once.
There are jobs here for people
I have not been bombed to death
The country is beautiful
The country is developed and keeps DEVELOPING DAILY unlike Naija.
The country is not a sh.it hole, unlike Naija
here people are always happy and are hardly sad, unlike Naija where no one smiles at you and where there is always someone that has died
And mind you homosexuality is legal in EVERY province in Canada, i.e homosexuality is legal in Canada

Mr knowitall.:

and this God of yours that is still in Nigeria.....must be one poor..useless God to live in that dump....where he can live

in the U.S comfortably....I dont know which poverty God you are serving but ill sugget you get another one...this one is

doesn't care about you..
LWKM! i dey enjoy this thread walahi cheesy

1 Like

Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by Euckybaby(f): 8:47am On Jul 09, 2013
funshybam: ....and how is it your problem if a man marries a man? i find it difficult to believe we trample on some peoples right.....or will the gay force you to be his/ her partners ?

rubbish
You are a suspect
Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by LookGud: 8:47am On Jul 09, 2013
funshybam: ....and how is it your problem if a man marries a man? i find it difficult to believe we trample on some peoples right.....or will the gay force you to be his/ her partners ?

rubbish

Can u please tell me where it is written in the bible/quran that man should his fellow man and woman should marry her fellow woman. Ode. ase osi ma mo.

1 Like

Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by akereconfi: 8:47am On Jul 09, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

apologize..because Jesus is not going to help you in this one....you have no idea what you are getting ur self into...

hahahahhahahaahahhahahahhahaahhaha was that meant to scare me Answer??
Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by Nobody: 8:49am On Jul 09, 2013
Glorified_Tunde:

So you have brought your family into this matter? And obas, who is oba beside my GOD?

Listen, I take my GOD's matter personal. This day has been waiting for you for long!

Again, I CURSE you, the obas, the shrine and everything you believe in.

May the FIRE OF THE HOLYGHOST answer in your respective camps! In the NAME OF JESUS!!!

grin grin ok

1 Like

Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by Nobody: 8:50am On Jul 09, 2013
akereconfi:

hahahahhahahaahahhahahahhahaahhaha was that meant to scare me Answer??

no it wasnt... grin grin..but ok..good luck am done
Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by Nobody: 8:50am On Jul 09, 2013
Imagine oshiomole and kalu kissing in public lipsrsealed
Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by chukwudi3(m): 8:50am On Jul 09, 2013

rubbish
are sure u ar nt one of them? U ar sick in d brain
Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by akereconfi: 8:53am On Jul 09, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

no it wasnt... grin grin..but ok..good luck am done

Do u know whom I look up to. You are done......OK
Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by Nobody: 8:53am On Jul 09, 2013
I like you,,,,,cold?,,,u just prooved that u stand for something.
Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by CALLMESTAR(f): 8:53am On Jul 09, 2013
9jadelta:

LWKM! i dey enjoy this thread walahi cheesy
I am glad you are enjoying at the expense of...religious bigots!... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

lol
Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by LookGud: 8:55am On Jul 09, 2013
Mr knowitall.:
Nigeria still has a long way to go before it truly becomes a civilized nation....What these pastors or religious leaders

and politicians don't understand is that Homosexuals and homosexual activist are not asking for equal rights in churches

and mosques..they are asking for equal rights under the law as a citizen of a country which is their right. It is their

right as a citizen of Nigeria to be protected under the law..regardless of who they like to have sex with.
Nigeria is not

govern by the bible or Quran its govern by a constitution which guarantees all citizens equal rights. Politics and

religion have nothing in common....with laws like this and if politicians continue to allow religious leaders to

influence

the laws...Nigeria will forever remain an irrelevant third world country lead by caveman..

On the last day, you will stand in the presence of God and give account of your comments.
Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by medube(m): 8:55am On Jul 09, 2013
One thing that still fascinates me are these so called Nigerians who are fond of a$$licking the British and Americans. These people try to enforce their ways of life on us and when we refuse it for reason of it contradicting with our cultures, traditions and religions they say we are uncivilized. God punish una and una civilization.

2 Likes

Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by nereiskc(m): 8:56am On Jul 09, 2013
In one sentence: same sex is not good, Pls we should not allow such. Thanks
Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by mko2005: 8:57am On Jul 09, 2013
stebell: This is Africa. This is Naija. Kudos to yu Bishop. We can't afford to allow same sex marriage take place in our country. Death penalty shud be de reward for such devilish act. Pres. GEJ pls hurry up and sign dis Anti-Gay Bill into law.
Take off the death penalty please ! God help us all to see that Gay people are our loved ones ! We love them and can't allow them that way !

God help us

1 Like

Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by delfol: 8:58am On Jul 09, 2013
Seriously I don't get how this topic came into the sermon of a funeral service. I'm nt advocating gay marriage but the Bishop should learn how to preach according to the situation

1 Like

Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by Nobody: 9:00am On Jul 09, 2013
m.k.o2005:

Take off the death penalty please ! God help us all to see that Gay people are our loved ones ! We love them and can't allow them that way !

God help us
lipsrsealed
Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by LookGud: 9:02am On Jul 09, 2013
cold: Whilst I have personal reservations about the whole gay furor,i find it difficult to fathom why the anti-gay stance is predicated mainly on the premise of religion. Jesus never got married,walked around with 12 men,wore flowing gowns without underpants. Hmm..Ok,i'll say no more

I believe you looked under his garment and saw that he had no underpants. You better watch what you say so that you don't incur the wrath of God.
Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by Nobody: 9:03am On Jul 09, 2013
ekwah:

haha bro not really.Here's my take on this issue as a moderate conservative.

Homosexuality is a human phenomenon- it cuts across race, culture, class or any other human social constructs and people should therefore LEARN to be tolerant. As a Christian, I believe it is sin,but then I also have no right to cast judgment on anyone. Unlike other sins like stealing, rape, e.t.c, homosexuality shouldn't be a crime especially as no real conclusions have been made about it's root causes (genetic? environmental?,people's choices? we don't know) and as it just involves people's private lives. I don't think there should be a law criminalizing the acts of two matured consenting adults who have decided to do whatever they want with themselves. I think this is similar to p.ornography for example, it's 'bad' depending on who you talk to... I think people should be free to make whatever choices they want provided they don't stir unnecessary unrest in the society.

However, I do not support the enactments of laws legalizing 'marriages' between same-sex couples. Why? I value tradition and I am a Christian.

Here was what I said about same-sex marriages in the past:

very meaningful

1 Like

Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by Nobody: 9:03am On Jul 09, 2013
[b]I really do not know why everyone is loosing their mind over gay rights and all that. I am a Christian plus a preacher of the gospel and i must say this, the judgement of God has already been passed on homosexuals and sodomites. The reason why they are adamant to change is because they have been given over to a reprobate mind. There is nothing anyone or any country can do to stop them. If you ban them nationally they will go underground but the bottom line is that it would still be happening. God will deal with them in His own time but for the rest of us who know the truth we should continue in the truth because Jesus is coming very soon to separate the sheep from the goats. Read Gods position on this below:

1. Genesis 19:5: "And they called unto Lot, and said unto him, where are the men which came in to thee this night? Bring them out unto us, that we may know them."

2. Leviticus 18:22: " Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination."

3. Leviticus 20:13: "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."

4. Deuteronomy 23:17: " There shall be no LovePeddler of the daughters of Israel, nor a sodomite of the sons of Israel."

5. Judges 19:22: "Now as they were making their hearts merry, behold, the men of the city, certain sons of Belial, beset the house round about, and beat at the door, and spake to the master of the house, the old man, saying, Bring forth the man that came into thine house, that we may know him."

6. 1 Kings 14:24: "And there were also sodomites in the land: and they did according to all the abominations of the nations which the LORD cast out before the children of Israel."

7. 1 Kings 15:12: "And he took away the sodomites out of the land, and removed all the idols that his fathers had made."

8. 1 Kings 22:46: "And the remnant of the sodomites, which remained in the days of his father Asa, he took out of the land."

9. 2 Kings 23:7: "And he brake down the houses of the sodomites, that were by the house of the LORD, where the women wove hangings for the grove."

10. Romans 1:26-27: "For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: 27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet."

11. 1 Corinthian 6:9: "Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, sodomites."

12. 1 Timothy 1:9:10: "Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers, 10 For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;" [/b]

6 Likes

Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by chukwudi3(m): 9:04am On Jul 09, 2013
braine: These jobless pastors sha. Although the bible condemns man laying with man. But then, its nobody's business if they decide to do it secretly.
u lack knowledge of the bible. Truly speakin, i don' think u go to church and be ready as a man i'm comin to marry u.......
Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by Nobody: 9:05am On Jul 09, 2013
Glorified_Tunde:

INSULT ME! But not my GOD

I have decreed it, it is established, heaven bears witness to it today!

U will be a scapegoat for other demons on NL.

Wherever u are, the decree will locate you!
let your god fight for himself or is he too scared of Mrknowitall? if he is not, then shut the Bleep. are u different from the jihadists that fight for god?

2 Likes

Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by Nobody: 9:07am On Jul 09, 2013
slimghost: Am quietly and codedly taking note of all the gay niggurs and bechees on NL. Hhahahahahaha. Observation continua.
hehehe so u can contact dem later and find away of becoming their partners? u are so gay dude

1 Like

Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by obinnakenedo(m): 9:07am On Jul 09, 2013
mgbeketoto:

Your LAZY GOD was supposed to have 'destroyed' SODOM AND GOMORRAH in that your USELESS BIBLE OF A SILLY BOOK ABI?
Why the existence of the 'GAYS' all over the world then? tongue
MOO-MOO!

What is your problem. . . .? undecided
Even YOUR FAGHOT JESUS will not express such ANGST. . . LIKE YOU 'CREEPY' SHARIA BIGOT!
TYPICAL SHARIA CHRISTIAN.
Freedom of expression please.
Thank you!
God created Adam, and he made him Eve. He didnt create Chukwuma or Adamu for adam to bleep. He made Eve for him. Bro u have a problem. Seek God. May God have mercy on us all. Amen!
Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by Billionaires: 9:08am On Jul 09, 2013
Homosexuality is a Se.x.ual Aberration.

There is need to understand that Homosexuality is a problem NOT pleasure path, it is an aberration.

You do not lock a man or a woman up for years without access to opposite sex and not expect them to have sexual gratification in abnormal modes. This mess starts when a man sees no woman around him and needs to put his d/ick somewhere and when a woman finds no man and needs who to tickle her clit. This is blunt.

I think Homosexuals should be looked at as conditionally deprogrammed species that need sex.ual rehabilitation instead of punishment.

Take a homosexual male and lock him up for months with 5 beautiful girls in a flat with plenty to drink, smoke and eat and believe me, he will be healed. I personally have understand homosexuals to be victims and not to be thrown the jail. America is wrong, Nigeria is wrong too. We need to recognize that homosexuals are victims NOT outlaws.

Note: Nairaland censorship is too silly for my liking!

2 Likes

Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by ShirelleBaby: 9:09am On Jul 09, 2013
pls moderator let this page be closed immediately,enough blasphemy already and am so hurt with what people are saying about my creator.
pls CLOSE THIS

2 Likes

Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by Nobody: 9:09am On Jul 09, 2013
Unluvable*:
Agreed the whole psychology around being gay puzzles me!

But what two 'consenting adults' decide to do with 'their butt-holes' should be their damn business!

Religiously fornication, adultery, idolatry, envy, revelry, drunkenness,homosexuality are all morally wrong. So why should they single one and accord a jail term to it!

*just trying to be logical about it*
Personally the idea of the gays caressing each other disgust me

Nice post...@Unluvable*

@ All religious folks,

According to the good books, homoséxuality, like pre-marital séx between opposite séx partners, stealing, adultery, murder, bearing false witness/lying and many others are sins.... If Nigeria claims to be a religious Country and forbids all sins, then why not criminalize pre-marital séx between opposite séx partners too? Or is lust & pre-marital séx/adultery not religiously immoral and devilish according to the good books? Well, they are and as such should be criminalize too if gays are to be jailed 14 yrs for being intimate....else, it would be nothing but hypocrisy!

Hypocrisy, just like what the pharisees did; trying to stone a prostitute when they were doing what was far worse....! Jesus couldn't let them condemn her to death or jail, only a few words judged their minds and they left!

Heck, even Jesus said: if you look @ a woman lustfully, you've already committed adultery with her in your heart & will be judged....I think religious folks (Muslims, Christians & others) who forbids these acts should also advice GEJ to criminalize them to balance fuckin' scale...

If they can't do this simultaneously, then I see no good reason(s) jailing gays for their séxual orientation ...

My opinion!

1 Like

Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by Uchbebe46(m): 9:10am On Jul 09, 2013
grin
That man need to hanged outrightly
Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by Olutola88(m): 9:10am On Jul 09, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

you said a lot..but yet you made very little sense...
. Eyah! I feel this guy's pain, it's not is fault cos sensible things make little sense to a lunatic. An insane person sees insensible things as sensible, that's y d gentlemen @ yaba left wear rags and feel they ar handsome in it. Ur name even shows whr u belong, will a normal person call himself Mr. Know it all?
Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by Larryupsy: 9:12am On Jul 09, 2013
Mr knowitall.:
Nigeria still has a long way to go before it truly becomes a civilized nation....What these pastors or religious leaders

and politicians don't understand is that Homosexuals and homosexual activist are not asking for equal rights in churches

and mosques..they are asking for equal rights under the law as a citizen of a country which is their right. It is their

right as a citizen of Nigeria to be protected under the law..regardless of who they like to have sex with.
Nigeria is not

govern by the bible or Quran its govern by a constitution which guarantees all citizens equal rights. Politics and

religion have nothing in common....with laws like this and if politicians continue to allow religious leaders to influence

the laws...Nigeria will forever remain an irrelevant third world country lead by caveman..
I can now see vividly where your problem lies,ur intention of hiding under religious auspices citing it as a tool by Nigerian politicians to support anti gay bills clearly shows u are Ignorant of who Nigerians is and what Nigeria was constituited of.If i may bring u back to d memory lane Nigeria was made a country tru d almagamation of d northern and southern protectorates in 1914 in which d norths consist mainly of d Hausa/Fulani and south Yoruba/Igbo who are culturally rich and still upholds their own very culture.Nigerians has their cultural differences before becoming a country and we still do.so let me state dis emphatically anti gay bills in Nigeria is nt as a result of RELIGION bt dat of our CULTURE in which we value dearly.d constitution u are reffering to here dat guarantees human rights also create a role for our traditional rulers in our polity which shows dat our traditions and culture is part of being a Nigerian,even ur antecedents
here which is D US still have state dat are culturally rich and does nt approve of this gay bills.
Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by Nobody: 9:12am On Jul 09, 2013
P.Stacks:
I believe Nigerians are the ones to save the world. Its not an accident God in his infinite mercies made us the most populous black nation on planet earth. There must be a reason for it but unfortunately we must get our acts right Before playing on the world stage or B4 our voices can be heard and taken seriously. Charity begins at home.. We must put our house in order B4 we seek to adress the wrong in the world! Nigeria must look inward, purge herself of every corrupt practices, be clean and come out to voice against Same-sex Marriage. Its barbaric and unthinkable.
America has adopted Gay rights, same as UK and France and world all over there seem to be going crazy to this gay thing...
This is demonisation of the world..
We must speak against it, we must fight against it.

Is it not an irony that as corrupt as Nigeria is, this is the only thing we all agree is against our Tradition, our Customs and our Norms but the western world wants to push it down our throat by force.. We would resist it.

The other day I was watching BBC world News and David Cameron UK prime minister said categorically that they would talk GEJ into adopting it.
If u don't agree with what ever they want to impose on you, next thing is sanctions.. Let them impose any sanctions they want to. We won't bulge to inhumane, and indescent practices..
The next day I heard UK has introduced a Bond for UK visa application, it might not have anything to do with Gay marriage or the killing of a british soldier in woolich london, but its a form of sanction..
Nigerians should pls brace themselves for any sanctions from the west..
We will not accept Gay rights in this country, we stand against it, we say no to it, we forbid it, its not in our culture, its not our tradition, its not in our social values and ethical Norms..

Of all the challenges facing this "One Nigeria" we refuse to add Gay-rights to our numerous problems..

God Bless Nigeria and the Good people of the Federal Republic as we say NO! To Gayism and same sex marriage.

May your days be long and filled with the blessings of the FATHER OF MY SAVIOUR JESUS CHRIST.

Why hasn't Britian, France and the USA threatened and sanctioned Nigeria over child abuse, human and drug trafficking, corruption, kidnapping, 419, armed robbery, boko haram, etc?

Why all the threats coming just because of homosexualism? Does it not show that there is something evil about this?

HOMOSEXUALISM IS NOT ONLY EVIL, IT IS ALSO OCCULTIC, DEMONIC, MADNESS, STUPIDITY, INSANITY, AND ABOVEALL IT IS PURE SATANISM.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

Why I Won't Resume In Senate Now – Melaye / Third Mainland Bridge: Lagos To Roll Out 600 Buses In August – Sanwo-Olu / How Yahaya Bello Allegedly Paid His Children's School Fees Of $845,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.