Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,107 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:00 AM

Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law (24241 Views)

Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity / Ex-militants Urge Uduaghan To Sign Anti-terrorism Bill / Jonathan Sign Anti Terrorism/money Laundering Bill!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by akereconfi: 7:44am On Jul 09, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

I dont understand your post...are you begging me for mercy?

read my post over again........ U asked if am begging u for mercy?? Are u any way disposed to dispense mercy unto me...? MayB the mercy you are talkin about is watching how you talk about God. Then I seek that Mercy from you and I hope I'l earn that Mercy from You.

Thanks
Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by hod898(m): 7:46am On Jul 09, 2013
mgbeketoto:

Hmmm!
Thou protest TOO MUCH sir! kiss
SHARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAP. . . BUSH AFRICAN NIGGER! kiss

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmxeNHaF-

Most CHRISTIAN PASTORS AND BISHOP ODUNLELES ARE BI-SEXXXUALS!
Not to mention 2/3 of NIGERIAN MALES WHO ARE MARRIED WITH CHILDREN! kiss FACT!
Moo-Moo! kiss

Where you dey when Naija dudes don begin to phock GOATS AND PIGEONS? grin

Oya begin kill them! cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPw-65YEUtk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0j_aWhvXcyE
You don't actually expect him to b following everybody nd watching our every move, do you? So u mean if a thief asks u nt t go 4 armed robbery, u'll stil go because he's a thief. U want God t cm dwn here nd tel u dat gayism is pure evil? Evn our self concience despises this threat borne of deception.
Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by Nobody: 7:47am On Jul 09, 2013
funshybam: ....and how is it your problem if a man marries a man? i find it difficult to believe we trample on some peoples right.....or will the gay force you to be his/ her partners ?

rubbish
It is clear that your reasoning is warped. How can such inhuman conduct not be the business of other humans. Is the anus designed for sex? Repent.
Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by PStacks(m): 7:48am On Jul 09, 2013
I believe Nigerians are the ones to save the world. Its not an accident God in his infinite mercies made us the most populous black nation on planet earth. There must be a reason for it but unfortunately we must get our acts right Before playing on the world stage or B4 our voices can be heard and taken seriously. Charity begins at home.. We must put our house in order B4 we seek to adress the wrong in the world! Nigeria must look inward, purge herself of every corrupt practices, be clean and come out to voice against Same-sex Marriage. Its barbaric and unthinkable.
America has adopted Gay rights, same as UK and France and world all over there seem to be going crazy to this gay thing...
This is demonisation of the world..
We must speak against it, we must fight against it.

Is it not an irony that as corrupt as Nigeria is, this is the only thing we all agree is against our Tradition, our Customs and our Norms but the western world wants to push it down our throat by force.. We would resist it.

The other day I was watching BBC world News and David Cameron UK prime minister said categorically that they would talk GEJ into adopting it.
If u don't agree with what ever they want to impose on you, next thing is sanctions.. Let them impose any sanctions they want to. We won't bulge to inhumane, and indescent practices..
The next day I heard UK has introduced a Bond for UK visa application, it might not have anything to do with Gay marriage or the killing of a british soldier in woolich london, but its a form of sanction..
Nigerians should pls brace themselves for any sanctions from the west..
We will not accept Gay rights in this country, we stand against it, we say no to it, we forbid it, its not in our culture, its not our tradition, its not in our social values and ethical Norms..

Of all the challenges facing this "One Nigeria" we refuse to add Gay-rights to our numerous problems..

God Bless Nigeria and the Good people of the Federal Republic as we say NO! To Gayism and same sex marriage.

7 Likes

Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by Nobody: 7:48am On Jul 09, 2013
maxwello.yg:

I repeat, he is not defending God, he is telling you to be less insultive, afterall you can make vivid points with no insult at all.
If I insult Budha, tell me why their priest won't sacrifice me to their god just to appease him?
Same way, if I dare insult Mohammed, tell me why Moslems won't bomb the hell outta me like they do always. Everybody that practises religion just does not like it when people insult his g(G)od.
Anyway, since you are ready to face God if He approaches you, do not cry for mercy if He ever decides to punish you.

Dude..your God is a Jewish God...invented by the jews...because they were being oppressed by the romance....They

invented a God to send someone to rescue them from oppression....they didnt plan for African negros to be worshiping

him....in fact..I 100% guarantee you that your Jewish God doesnt care about my black azz....dude when you get to your

heaven that's reserved for the jews..you will be cleaning their toilets and serving them their..good luck...
am i

suppose to be shaking and scared because you think your God is angry over my nairalaand post? why doesnt he get angry

and kill all the Nigerian politicians? its little ole me that he wants to deal with right?

2 Likes

Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by Nobody: 7:50am On Jul 09, 2013
Funny thing is that these gay couples end up adopting a child created by a man and woman as their own child. Smh.

2 Likes

Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by Nobody: 7:54am On Jul 09, 2013
akereconfi:

read my post over again........ U asked if am begging u for mercy?? Are u any way disposed to dispense mercy unto me...? MayB the mercy you are talkin about is watching how you talk about God. Then I seek that Mercy from you and I hope I'l earn that Mercy from You.

Thanks

Hell no!!!! you get no mercy from me dude....I speak my mind against bigots, corruption, discrimination, and religious

hatred without fear of anyone or hurting someones feelings....If your God wants to deal with me..he knows where to find me..

I will always speak my mind against injustice and discrimination...regardless of how much religious people threaten me..

2 Likes

Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by akereconfi: 7:54am On Jul 09, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

instead of begging me to pander to his hyper sensitive self...why dont he just take his azzz of nairaland if hes so

offended? after all...why is he defending God? God knows where to find me if hes offended by my nairaland post...silly people..

You cant be more hardened than Pharoah of egypt, u cant be more wicked than Jezebel, remember Goliath.......what you are and what your are doing will make u above him. It is all sheer ignorance. God is a respecter of no one. Yes he can come for you anytime but His ways are not the ways of man.

1 Like

Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by Nobody: 7:55am On Jul 09, 2013
dadaic:

YOUNG MAN, YOU CAN ABUSE THE GUY, NOT JESUS NOR GOD, IF YOU ARE MUSLIM, I WON'T GO ABOUT ABUSING OR SAYING RUDE THINGS ABOUT ALLAH, BECAUSE GOD IS GOD, BUT USING SUCH WORD ABOUT OUR GOD IS WRONG, SO WATCH YOUR WORD BEFORE WE START TRUE WAR..

Smdh @ the bolded; start a war for a all-powerful God? Does it make any sense to fight for him if he is truly omnipotent....?

1 Like

Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by victorD3: 7:55am On Jul 09, 2013
funshybam: ....and how is it your problem if a man marries a man? i find it difficult to believe we trample on some peoples right.....or will the gay force you to be his/ her partners ?

rubbish

See all them guy peope liking this perverted comment. Well sorry GEJ will trample on ur right this time
Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by Nobody: 7:58am On Jul 09, 2013
Mr knowitall.:
Nigeria still has a long way to go before it truly becomes a civilized nation....What these pastors or religious leaders

and politicians don't understand is that Homosexuals and homosexual activist are not asking for equal rights in churches

and mosques..they are asking for equal rights under the law as a citizen of a country which is their right. It is their

right as a citizen of Nigeria to be protected under the law..regardless of who they like to have sex with. Nigeria is not

govern by the bible or Quran its govern by a constitution which guarantees all citizens equal rights.
Politics and

religion have nothing in common....with laws like this and if politicians continue to allow religious leaders to influence

the laws...Nigeria will forever remain an irrelevant third world country lead by caveman..
most sensible post so far. let me keep reading

2 Likes

Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by GlorifiedTunde(m): 7:58am On Jul 09, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

and this God of yours that is still in Nigeria.....must be one poor..useless God to live in that dump....where he can live

in the U.S comfortably....I dont know which poverty God you are serving but ill sugget you get another one...this one is

doesn't care about you..

You don't know how rich and comfortable my God has made me, yet u open your cursed and dirty mouth against my God, your maker. Listen to me, I'm unique on NL and won't take this blasphemy from you.

Therefore, I DECREE THIS MOMENT THAT THE SAME HANDS U USE TO TYPE THESE RUBBISH AGAINST MY GOD BE CHOPPED OFF.

I have commanded it, and according to Isaiah 44:26 it shall come to pass!
Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by slimghost(m): 7:58am On Jul 09, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

Hell no!!!! you get no mercy from me dude....I speak my mind against bigots, corruption, discrimination, and religious

hatred without fear of anyone or hurting someones feelings....If your God wants to deal with me..he knows where to find me..

I will always speak my mind against injustice and discrimination...regardless of how much religious people threaten me..

Niggur you are so so gay, but that's OK my niggur. Hahahahaha. fvck them azzholes butt don't bring it outside cuz we don't tolerate that ish down here my niggur! Peace
Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by Nobody: 7:59am On Jul 09, 2013
Legalising gay marriage in a religious country like NIGERIA could breed 'the Nigerian spring'.. Even if the west threatens economic sanctions, it won't happen..
Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by Nobody: 8:00am On Jul 09, 2013
Youngtekkey: guy are u sure that u are ok or u have a mental disorder so what are u trying to say that jesus himself is a gay or what is the meaning of "jesus never got married,walked around with twelve men,wore flowing gowns without underpants"i think u are sick or dillusional and need to be taken down to a nearby hospital to check if u are ok u better don't play with fire and don't invite the wrath of God over ur life
are u too mumu to figure that out?
Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by sobaemma(m): 8:01am On Jul 09, 2013
obyrich: Obama knows he cant come to Nigeria to spew that thrash. That's why he has been avoiding us. He should grant all gays in Nigeria automatic visa to the US. He cant tell us how we shall govern ourselves. The leaders and the majority of Nigerians vehemently oppose homosexuality. That's how it is and how it will ever be!
automatic visamake them no try am o,cus my guy all nigeria men go form gay enter yaki

3 Likes

Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by akereconfi: 8:01am On Jul 09, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

Dude..your God is a Jewish God...invented by the jews...because they were being oppressed by the romance....They

invented a God to send someone to rescue them from oppression....they didnt plan for African negros to be worshiping

him....in fact..I 100% guarantee you that your Jewish God doesnt care about my black azz....dude when you get to your

heaven that's reserved for the jews..you will be cleaning their toilets and serving them their..good luck...
am i

suppose to be shaking and scared because you think your God is angry over my nairalaand post? why doesnt he get angry

and kill all the Nigerian politicians? its little ole me that he wants to deal with right?

call Him what ever you deem fit to call Him but that wouldnt stop Him from being what He is. Remember Saul, he was way far ahead of you in persecuting God's people.
Wait....Please can I know what you believe in? Religion or what ever?. Please. No offence
Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by dnawah(m): 8:02am On Jul 09, 2013
cold: Whilst I have personal reservations about the whole gay furore,i find it difficult to fathom why the anti-gay stance is predicated mainly on the premise of religion. Jesus never got married,walked around with 12 men,wore flowing gowns without underpants. Hmm..Ok,i'll say no more
u've drawn the battle line,hope u can defend it?
Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by rapcy(m): 8:03am On Jul 09, 2013
Mr knowitall.:
Nigeria still has a long way to go before it truly becomes a civilized nation....What these pastors or religious leaders

and politicians don't understand is that Homosexuals and homosexual activist are not asking for equal rights in churches

and mosques..they are asking for equal rights under the law as a citizen of a country which is their right. It is their

right as a citizen of Nigeria to be protected under the law..regardless of who they like to have sex with.
Nigeria is not

govern by the bible or Quran its govern by a constitution which guarantees all citizens equal rights. Politics and

religion have nothing in common....with laws like this and if politicians continue to allow religious leaders to influence

the laws...Nigeria will forever remain an irrelevant third world country lead by caveman..
soo, if the law is passed, u don't knw they hv the right to go to any church or mosque and get married I tire for d way some people dey think sha sad
Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by Nobody: 8:03am On Jul 09, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

am i

you are filled with insults and rage and so...nothing meaningful can ever come out of your mouth.
Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by akereconfi: 8:04am On Jul 09, 2013
maxwello.yg:

you are filled with insults and rage and so...nothing meaningful can ever come out of your mouth.
Yes bro....he spit ill.. Seems he is out to seek revenge..IMO
Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by beckyomas(f): 8:05am On Jul 09, 2013
cold: The sexuality of Jesus Christ is queried.

Was Jesus queer? We don't know. But it is a possibility that cannot be ruled out. One version of St. Mark's gospel - which is still the subject of academic dispute - alludes to Jesus having a homosexual relationship with a youth he raised from the dead.According to the US Biblical scholar, Morton Smith, of Columbia University, a fragment of manuscript he found at the Mar Saba monastery near Jerusalem in 1958, showed that the full text of St. Mark chapter 10 (between verses 34 and 35 in the standard version of the Bible) includes the passage:"And the youth, looking upon him (Jesus), loved him and beseeched that he might remain with him. And going out of the tomb, they went into the house of the youth, for he was rich. And after six days, Jesus instructed him and, at evening, the youth came to him wearing a linen cloth over his nak3d body. And he remained with him that night, for Jesus taught him the mystery of the Kingdom of God" grin.The veracity of this manuscript is hotly contested by other Biblical scholars. This comes as no surprise. The revelation of a gay Jesus would undermine some of the most fundamental tenets of orthodox Christianity, including its rampant homophobia.But even if the text is genuine, does this ambiguous, elliptical passage offer evidence of Jesus's homosexuality? It is hard to say. The precise nature of the relationship between Christ and the youth is not spelled out. Sexual relations are suggested but not explicitly stated.The Morton Smith document is, in fact, irrelevant to the vexed issue of Christ's sexual orientation. What we can say for certain is that the standard, accepted Biblical narrative gives us no information at all about Jesus's sexuality.This absence of firm information does not, of course, mean that we can take it for granted that Christ was heterosexual. Far from it! The lack of information about his erotic inclinations begs more questions than it answers.The truth is that we simply don't know whether Jesus was straight, gay, bisexual or celibate. There is certainly no evidence for the Church's unspoken presumption that he was either heterosexual or devoid of carnal desires. Since nothing in the Bible points to Christ having erotic feelings for women, or relationships with the female sex, the possibility of him being gay cannot be discounted.In the absence of any evidence - [b]let alone proof - that Jesus was heterosexual, the theological basis of Church homophobia is all the more shaky and indefensible. How can established religion dare denounce homosexuality when the founder of its faith was himself a man of mysterious, unknown sexuality who could, for all we know, have been homosexual?The Bible tells us that Jesus was born a man and therefore presumably had male sexual feelings. It would have been more or less impossible, biologically, for him not to have an element of erotic arousal - even if only having the normal male response of waking with an er3ction [/b]
Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by cold(m): 8:05am On Jul 09, 2013
Glorified_Tunde:

You don't know how rich and comfortable my God has made me, yet u open your cursed and dirty mouth against my God, your maker. Listen to me, I'm unique on NL and won't take this blasphemy from you.

Therefore, I DECREE THIS MOMENT THAT THE SAME HANDS U USE TO TYPE THESE RUBBISH AGAINST MY GOD BE CHOPPED OFF.

shocked angry grin

1 Like

Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by Nobody: 8:05am On Jul 09, 2013
Glorified_Tunde:

Dude..you dont know me..you dont know where i come from and you dont know my family....please dont put yourself into a big

mess over nairaland post...I never once insulted you or cursed you....but I guarantee you that what you just said here

will not happen to me......but will happen to you...I suggest you apologize...you dont want to go this route...

2 Likes

Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by onuwaje(m): 8:06am On Jul 09, 2013

rubbish
our cultural beliefs, our ethics, our norms,and religion does not support same sex marriage!! Simple.. I suggest a death penalty
Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by lomprico(m): 8:07am On Jul 09, 2013
cold: The sexuality of Jesus Christ is queried.

Was Jesus queer? We don't know. But it is a possibility that cannot be ruled out. One version of St. Mark's gospel - which is still the subject of academic dispute - alludes to Jesus having a homosexual relationship with a youth he raised from the dead.According to the US Biblical scholar, Morton Smith, of Columbia University, a fragment of manuscript he found at the Mar Saba monastery near Jerusalem in 1958, showed that the full text of St. Mark chapter 10 (between verses 34 and 35 in the standard version of the Bible) includes the passage:"And the youth, looking upon him (Jesus), loved him and beseeched that he might remain with him. And going out of the tomb, they went into the house of the youth, for he was rich. And after six days, Jesus instructed him and, at evening, the youth came to him wearing a linen cloth over his nak3d body. And he remained with him that night, for Jesus taught him the mystery of the Kingdom of God" grin.The veracity of this manuscript is hotly contested by other Biblical scholars. This comes as no surprise. The revelation of a gay Jesus would undermine some of the most fundamental tenets of orthodox Christianity, including its rampant homophobia.But even if the text is genuine, does this ambiguous, elliptical passage offer evidence of Jesus's homosexuality? It is hard to say. The precise nature of the relationship between Christ and the youth is not spelled out. Sexual relations are suggested but not explicitly stated.The Morton Smith document is, in fact, irrelevant to the vexed issue of Christ's sexual orientation. What we can say for certain is that the standard, accepted Biblical narrative gives us no information at all about Jesus's sexuality.This absence of firm information does not, of course, mean that we can take it for granted that Christ was heterosexual. Far from it! The lack of information about his erotic inclinations begs more questions than it answers.The truth is that we simply don't know whether Jesus was straight, gay, bisexual or celibate. There is certainly no evidence for the Church's unspoken presumption that he was either heterosexual or devoid of carnal desires. Since nothing in the Bible points to Christ having erotic feelings for women, or relationships with the female sex, the possibility of him being gay cannot be discounted.In the absence of any evidence - [b]let alone proof - that Jesus was heterosexual, the theological basis of Church homophobia is all the more shaky and indefensible. How can established religion dare denounce homosexuality when the founder of its faith was himself a man of mysterious, unknown sexuality who could, for all we know, have been homosexual?The Bible tells us that Jesus was born a man and therefore presumably had male sexual feelings. It would have been more or less impossible, biologically, for him not to have an element of erotic arousal - even if only having the normal male response of waking with an er3ction [/b]
SATAN!
Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by Emperor007: 8:07am On Jul 09, 2013

Did you people notice how sick the gay pastor and the other one claiming gay Nigerian in the gay country looked?

Say no know to gay marriage, is evil.

They want to involve others in their devilish agenda.

Note: The only reason God destroyed Sodom, was because of homosexuality. Meanwhile, they're yet to divorce their wifes, disown their children and get a gay partner.

Why is it difficult for them to leave Africa out of their evil program?

Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by Blazinraj01(f): 8:07am On Jul 09, 2013
Ifetex: I can't blive that we also have gay even in NL
this world is on extral time abaut 2 End oh!
I can feel God's pain now, as he is regreating creating Adam

Blasphemy: God doesn't regret
Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by dnawah(m): 8:07am On Jul 09, 2013
CALLMESTAR:
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
ehn?!?! how did you know
na two of them dey follow and dey do am.
Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by Goldie20: 8:08am On Jul 09, 2013
Yall threatening each other over comments made on a thread.. lmfaooooo.. Yall cant be serious... grin cheesy angry shocked cool
Re: Cleric Asks Jonathan To Sign Anti-gay Bill Into Law by Nobody: 8:08am On Jul 09, 2013
Youngtekkey: it's not ur fault but i can belt it that u will rot in hell even from this earth all u foolish people that mislead people and come here and start typing rubbish oh it's just that God is merciful u suppose to be strike to death with a heavy thunderstorm for insunating such rubbish u better ask for forgiveness or else u are inviting God's Wrath Over Ur Life And Ur Household And If U Continue Like This U And Ur Household Shall Be Nothing But History WATCH WHAT YOU TYPE HERE FAGHOT
all this "you will rot in hell" dont even scare kids anymore talkless of full grown man. counter his point logically instead of threatening him with hell. God is merciful, what of the others he killed with thunder storms and tsunamis . mtchew

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

How I Gave Fayose $5mn Cash From Nigeria's Security Funds - Obanikoro / Rivers Election: Don't Rejoice Prematurely, Eze Tells Wike, Abe / DSS Operatives Supported #BuhariMustGo: Dunamis5 Activist Narrates Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.