Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,151 members, 7,953,564 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:08 PM

My Husband Is Always Running - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Is Always Running (29593 Views)

"My Husband Uses ‘Aboniki’ Balm As Lubricant" – Woman Files For Divorce / My Husband Runs Away From Having Sexual Intercourse With Me: Wife / Some Sweet USUALS Every Husband Is Supposed To Be Giving To His Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Is Always Running by baby124: 7:16pm On Jul 10, 2013
Efemena_xy:

Madam, I was enjoying your post till I got to the last bit! Must you add comedy to it, eh? grin grin

Why does she need to find out where he stays for weeks / months on end? How e go help her case na? cheesy cheesy

It is better to know. In Nigeria where there is no marriage database. One person can marry two people in court. Heart attack now, is better than heart attack when burying the guy. That she will want to jump in the grave and tear him to pieces. All these business men husband some women have (i am talking about if another woman is in the picture, she may think her husband is a business man.)

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Always Running by vivianc(f): 7:17pm On Jul 10, 2013
Hey! Efe the sTory Twister! grin grin grin. As usual, u don add pepper and ajinomoTor. grin

@post, sorry I'm not qualified to comment.

4 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Always Running by EfemenaXY: 7:25pm On Jul 10, 2013
vivianc: Hey! Efe the sTory Twister! grin grin grin. As usual, u don add pepper and ajinomoTor. grin

@post, sorry I'm not qualified to comment.

Vivi, you don start again, ni? grin

Abeg leave ma skirt jare. I need to start charging you for my 'stories' sef. Country haaaarrrd o! tongue

Biko, which one be Ajinomotor? na cooking spice? embarassed lipsrsealed
Re: My Husband Is Always Running by Dantedasz(m): 7:29pm On Jul 10, 2013
carefreewannabe:

I really don't get what bothers you so much about this thread. I don't think it is meant to bash husbands all around Nigeria. This is just a pregnant woman asking for advice, not more not less. Of course, she presents the situation from her perspective, the husband's view may or may not be different. She is suffering and asks people for help. This is one of a forum's functions, to seek and give advice. If it bothers you, why do you come here? Your comment is inappropriate. Just keep in mind, that there will be more threads of this kind as there are many unhappy marriages out there. That's life.

So job less people should come here and create fake threads in order to bash men?
It bothers me when jobless people come here to tell lies because they have access to the internet.
This is the family section and not the romance or jokes section,people come here for solutions to real problems but lots of these women are here to create controversy with their lies. Yes they have a right to come here with their lies because it is a free forum but I also have a right to debunk their fishy stories before the feminazis come out and confuse innocent women in genuine relationships based on these lies.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Always Running by sheniqua: 7:29pm On Jul 10, 2013
iamsaved: I am extremely confused at this point as I need to plan my future and my kid(s) future.

We have been married for 4years now, blessed with a child and expecting the second. For weired and unexplained reasons, my hubby is fond of abandoning our home whenever we have mild to heavy misunderstanding. He first abandoned me 2weeks after wedding over a minor arguement, came back, 4months later after wedding, same thing for one month and finally when I was pregnant with our first child over a little misunderstanding but this time for a long time. Yes I know it sounds funny. We reconciled late last year after he came with his family to beg, my major reason of going back being cos of my child. Now am some months pregnant and he attempted to leave again last two weeks. It was his friend who stopped him from leaving. During the meeting held last, Hia friend asked him exactly the reason he keeps doing that, he said he just doesn't want wahala or stress.

This didn't start with me, he once said he ran away from home for 5years when he was in his early 20s cos his mum was telling him to o house chores.

I regret reconciling with him. If I wasn't pregnant, I know i would have walked out finally since its still the same thing happening all over again.
I am scared for my future and the future of my kids.
Did he come from a polygamist home and saw his father perambulate from home to home after arguments
He may be modeling the only thing he knows
When it gets rough you run to the other woman or just run
Na wa
Please cut him loose before he transfers the same demons to your sons
Allow him to.run off and close your door.,

A man tells you he ran away from home for 5 years because he was asked to sweep the compound and you picked him as a life partner and presented him to your parents as their son in law

A man leaves you 2 weeks after your wedding to return 4 months later and you are having babies with him
Where did you think he went to?
A retreat?
AIDS is real,you better wake up and smell the coffee

11 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Always Running by EfemenaXY: 7:39pm On Jul 10, 2013
sheniqua:
Did he come from a polygamist home and saw his father perambulate from home to home after arguments
Na wa

A man leaves you 2 weeks after your wedding to return 4 months later and you are having babies with him
A retreat?
AIDS is real,you better wake up

Now that highlighted bit goes to show two things: Either the story is fake, OR, she was desperate to become a Mrs...by-fire-by-force.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Always Running by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jul 10, 2013
A man staying away from his family for that long over a squabble is quite unusual,knowing where he stays when he leaves home might solve the mystery.

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Always Running by Fhemmmy: 7:50pm On Jul 10, 2013
byvan: A man staying away from his family for that long over a squabble is quite unusual,knowing where he stays when he leaves home might solve the mystery.

true that, seems like there is more to his disappearing act than the wife is made to think.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Always Running by vivianc(f): 7:58pm On Jul 10, 2013
Efemena_xy:

Vivi, you don start again, ni? grin

Abeg leave ma skirt jare. I need to start charging you for my 'stories' sef. Country haaaarrrd o! tongue

Biko, which one be Ajinomotor? na cooking spice? embarassed lipsrsealed

grin grin Yes o, Ajinomotor na cooking spice popularly known as "maggi white." E dey make food sweeT die but might purge you in the long run.
Re: My Husband Is Always Running by EfemenaXY: 8:07pm On Jul 10, 2013
vivianc:

grin grin Yes o, Ajinomotor na cooking spice popularly known as "maggi white." E dey make food sweeT die but might purge you in the long run.

Okay.

I'm flattered you think my 'tori' dey sweet die... cool tongue
Re: My Husband Is Always Running by breadplanet(f): 8:16pm On Jul 10, 2013
Ive resisted dis urge for as long as i can but i just have to say it! *The woman should try running away too when he finally comes back* whatchathink?
Re: My Husband Is Always Running by Fhemmmy: 8:22pm On Jul 10, 2013
breadplanet: Ive resisted dis urge for as long as i can but i just have to say it! *The woman should try running away too when he finally comes back* whatchathink?

Run away alone or with the kids? cos a man that could leave behind his home for that long wont give a damn or be able to take care of the kids if the woman is not there

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Always Running by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jul 10, 2013
debosky: Even if she scores dozens of verbal points, is that now an excuse to run away from your own house for weeks on end? What kind of man does that?

Leaving for a few hours I can understand, even a night or two if the argument was very severe, but for weeks and to do so regularly? There is clearly a serious issue with the man - running away for weeks/months is no way to resolve problems.
Honesly speaking,some men r like that.they just don't want wahala. Instead of facing their problem squarely,they will just bolt away.
My nebor in school is a very good example.no strength to talk.any small thing*yp,I no get strength, pls leave me alone*
They exist. Its just that op didn't care to study her man very well.
Re: My Husband Is Always Running by Fhemmmy: 8:31pm On Jul 10, 2013
yellowpawpaw:
Honesly speaking,some men r like that.they just don't want wahala. Instead of facing their problem squarely,they will just bolt away.
My nebor in school is a very good example.no strength to talk.any small thing*yp,I no get strength, pls leave me alone*

There is nothing wrong in not liking wahala and not being able to face trouble, but to be gone for weeks, i think the dude is only good at his game.
Re: My Husband Is Always Running by mysticgal(f): 8:32pm On Jul 10, 2013
ah ah almost everyone is bashing the op about being wrong,even if she was,that is why two people involved in the relationship,successfull relationships have pillars,1.love that is if the hubby in question loves her 2.communication,it has really being severed in this marriage 3,respect and commitment,this man in question does not respect his wife,kids and marriage,the commitment is not there,seriously the man is lily livered and a coward for saying he dosnt want wahala,and runs to a cave for months,when his car develops problem,does he abandon the car,talk more of a woman you call your wife,ehen op all i can say is try to minimise the frequency of your qurrels,qurrels are healthy,but should not be taken to the edge,draw close to him,he's your husband,try to change yourself also,adjust,go holidaying,spend more together so you could know him better and,try going to GOD,whatever is commited into his hands is safe.bless yasmiley

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Always Running by breadplanet(f): 8:34pm On Jul 10, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Run away alone or with the kids? cos a man that could leave behind his home for that long wont give a damn or be able to take care of the kids if the woman is not there
Ease up fhemmy i was just joking.
Re: My Husband Is Always Running by Fhemmmy: 8:36pm On Jul 10, 2013
breadplanet: Ease up fhemmy i was just joking.

Lol . . . You got me there grin grin grin
Re: My Husband Is Always Running by breadplanet(f): 8:38pm On Jul 10, 2013
*hehehe*
Re: My Husband Is Always Running by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jul 10, 2013
Fhemmmy:

There is nothing wrong in not liking wahala and not being able to face trouble, but to be gone for weeks, i think the dude is only good at his game.
There is no game here.a player can't just leave his house for months like that unless he is married to mumu.has it ever occured to d wife to find out where he stays and what he does there.she will just fold hands and wait till whenever he comes back.
Madam is yet to say what is goin on.remember,we only heard from op. And no matter what d other person is always painted black so as to gain pity.
Had it been this case was presented in a court,d kind of ?s lawyers will ask op will make her say d truth.
Op,let me ask u,when ur husband take benjonson,what do u do?hv u ever looked for him?,begged him to come back.......

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Always Running by Fhemmmy: 8:52pm On Jul 10, 2013
yellowpawpaw:
There is no game here.a player can't just leave his house for months like that unless he is married to mumu.has it ever occured to d wife to find out where he stays and what he does there.she will just fold hands and wait till whenever he comes back.
Madam is yet to say what is goin on.remember,we only heard from op. And no matter what d other person is always painted black so as to gain pity.
Had it been this case was presented in a court,d kind of ?s lawyers will ask op will make her say d truth.
Op,let me ask u,when ur husband take benjonson,what do u do?hv u ever looked for him?,begged him to come back.......

Well said . . . I concur!
However, i read where she said, it was the family of the man that came begging before she took him back once, but again, you still have a valid point.
Re: My Husband Is Always Running by mysticgal(f): 8:52pm On Jul 10, 2013
op this one na joke,but anytime you know you want to have a quarrel,shut the doors,windows,shutters,blinds,hide the knifes and accessories far where you both cant reach,then put your kid to sleep before you commence your bouts and make sure the key is a hidden agenda,you will be surprised he will sulk in his home,and please solve your problem like matured adults,third parties must not be involved.cheesy
Re: My Husband Is Always Running by Mzspread(f): 9:03pm On Jul 10, 2013
Efemena_xy:

Stories like these make the MrBrownJays and their attitudes to pregnant women look acceptable.

@OP, why should you be having mild to heavy arguments with your spouse frequently? Sounds like you instigate them. Please explain 'heavy arguments'. Do you get violent? Throw things around? Do you have a sharp, caustic tongue that's quick to insult the hell out of the man??

You're pregnant. The least you can do is respect yourself and keep your mouth shut. Why must you have an argument with your husband? Pls don't give the excuse of being hormonal this and hormonal that! Aren't you aware of the complications that can arise from having a high bp, which can be induced from unnecessary arguments?

I'm sorry to say this, but your husband sounds like the more mature one here. Rather than entangle himself with a battle of words, he chooses to walk out of the situation till things cool down. Or what do you expect him to do? Sit down quietly while you heap insult upon insult upon his head? Do you even know what might happen if he snaps?

Or maybe, you really are one of those who has a fetish for violence and only feel loved if your husband plummets the living daylights out of you.

Sorry, but from what you've posted, I support your husband 100%. You on the other hand haven't learnt your lesson. If sitting down to discuss amicably, and keeping your mouth shut while he airs his grievances is too much for you to bear, then don't blame him the day he walks out on you for good... straight into the arms of a more accommodating missus.

Oh, and I need to ask this of you: Didn't you guys date at all before getting hitched? Didn't you study the man before tying the knot and saying "I do"?
. If I may say,dat was quite harsh of u anty Efe,she needs ur cool advice and not critism. Av always loved d way u handle matters here on NL but dis one is way too harsh. Calm down pls..

5 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Always Running by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jul 10, 2013
Pple r very diff in xters.we don't study our patners.we don't check d temperaments b4 marriage,how to deal d negative,dormant and positive traits we hv.
Op was told by her husband that he is always a *runaway* and she took it very casual. They had argument and d guy ran away,she still continued to argue.he will come back and she will continue.what?
Op,sit down and admonish urself then go and look for ur husband thou u said u r still in it for ur kid(s).ok o! They will soon reach 6 and by d time u know it,ur prayer will be answered.
Re: My Husband Is Always Running by EfemenaXY: 9:10pm On Jul 10, 2013
mysticgal: op this one na joke,but anytime you know you want to have a quarrel,shut the doors,windows,shutters,blinds,hide the knifes and accessories far where you both cant reach,then put your kid to sleep before you commence your bouts and make sure the key is a hidden agenda,you will be surprised he will sulk in his home,and please solve your problem like matured adults,third parties must not be involved.cheesy

Negative.

You're assuming this man is mild-tempered. What if he has a short, explosive fuse?

How do we know that he hasn't got a temper and the only way for him to keep himself in check is to completely exit the situation? If she locks him up like a caged animal and this guy snaps, that might be the end of her. Na dead body person go carry commot for that house.

Mz_spread: . If I may say,dat was quite harsh of u anty Efe,she needs ur cool advice and not critism. Av always loved d way u handle matters here on NL but dis one is way too harsh. Calm down pls..

Actually, I am quite calm. But you've gotta admit that this story is just something else.

It's incredulous the way it's been narrated here by @OP and rather than join the husband-bashing-bandwagon, I choose to support this guy. At least till we hear his version of events. She needs to curb her tongue. It's her undoing.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Always Running by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jul 10, 2013
Ha, there are people like this. I know a man who used to do this to his wife. He would be gone for 2wks,1month,etc one day he finally abandoned wifey.

The man is immature and probably learnt this from someone he looked up to. This is the only way he knows how to handle conflict.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Always Running by debosky(m): 9:20pm On Jul 10, 2013
yellowpawpaw:

There are no normal men like that. No normal man will leave home for weeks/months just because of an argument - he is either dealing with some serious mental issues or has another wife and/or concubine elsewhere.

What normal human being runs away from home because his mother told him to cut grass or sweep the living room? cheesy

4 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Always Running by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jul 10, 2013
Mz_spread: . If I may say,dat was quite harsh of u anty Efe,she needs ur cool advice and not critism. Av always loved d way u handle matters here on NL but dis one is way too harsh. Calm down pls..
She is not harsh abeg.op is a mess. Her only reason for going back is cause of her child not that she lvs him and want him to change and she regrets doin so.
I'm not d guy but a woman of four yrs marriage that can say such in a public forunm will make me raise an eyebrow.
If u regret marryin him,what r u doin here? Go back to ur father's house.a woman that will help him build his self confidence will come his way. Don't stay in a loveless marriage bc of kids. It will continue repeatin itself. I wonder how u talk to him if u can write this.Infact, I don tire to type abeg. Afterall nobody dey pay me except that seun dey gain upon my painful fingers.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Always Running by EfemenaXY: 9:38pm On Jul 10, 2013
debosky:

There are no normal men like that. No normal man will leave home for weeks/months just because of an argument - he is either dealing with some serious mental issues or has another wife and/or concubine elsewhere.

What normal human being runs away from home because his mother told him to cut grass or sweep the living room? cheesy

grin grin grin grin

Oya stay there dey judge matter.

Do you even know how high that grass was?? Or wetin dey the palour im mama wan make e sweep??

And besides, why should you be asking these questions sef? Isn't this part of the due dilligence @OP ought to have carried out before shouting "I do"? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: My Husband Is Always Running by iamsaved(f): 9:45pm On Jul 10, 2013
sheniqua:
Na wa
Allow him to.run off and close your door.,

A man tells you he ran away from home for 5 years because he was asked to sweep the compound and you picked him as a life partner and presented him to your parents as their son in law

A retreat?
AIDS is real,you better wake up and smell the coffee

You hit the nail right on the head! Polygamous home of 30children with 7wives. One thing that bothers me is how he is always blaming his parents for his nature of life.
Re: My Husband Is Always Running by iamsaved(f): 9:47pm On Jul 10, 2013
With the way efemena is attacking me, one would think I am her worst enemy. Anyway, this is nairaland.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Is Always Running by Beetle: 9:55pm On Jul 10, 2013
Kai, @ op, usain bolt gat nothing on your husband lol. This one pass me. Have you tried counselling?
Re: My Husband Is Always Running by freecocoa(f): 10:00pm On Jul 10, 2013
A man ran away from home for 5 years because he was asked to do chores, and y'all are here blaming his wife for his running away attitude?you gotta be kidding me.

17 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance / Woman Dies Five Months After Giving Birth After 18 Years Of Childlessness.Photos / How To Find If A Child Is Yours Or Not Without A DNA Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.